Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)

Go down 
+8
JunkMail
Lieo
Dragonbud
The Real Shade
Celo "The Moms"
True Night
Maxx
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 8:23 pm

How does darkness manipulation grant her immunities to a handful of powers? In fact, how many powers does she have? Including this "inner darkness", I can count nearly a half-dozen abilities.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 8:30 pm

Read her sheet. She has spider physiology and darkness manipulation. Everything else is a sub-power. Protection from certain forms of detection is a use of darkness manipulation in general and hers. Were she full spider or full darkness manipulation she'd have even more in the respective area. As it is she has many lesser abilities from both.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 1:46 am

Woah woah woah woah woah. Hold up a friggin second. Since when can shadowy spider webs disintegrate stone? How many powers does Vespera have? And I didn't see a disintegration beam anywhere on her sheet. That's a super strong power in itself without anything else. That's all Rose can do, more or less.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 1:57 am

I have to express my concerns regarding auras of disintegration as well.

EDIT:

While that is in her sheet, upon rereading it, I still have some concerns.

Last edited by The Real Shade on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 1:59 am

A "damaging aura similar to disintegration". Sounds like it would harm some fleshy bastard, but weathering down even stone in a short period of time (less than 30 minutes) is multiple times more powerful than hydrochloric acid.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 2:18 am

Alright Night, does Vespera need all those powers? Now that I see it in action, I'm starting to see how OP she is.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 2:53 am

Most of them, yes. I am however open to changes. Something could be toned down or deleted, like the disintegration can be only usable on flesh or go entirely.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:07 am

Personally I think it should go entirely. I dont think it would be fair if you got near her and suddenly your skin started falling off. Although, I have no power here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:08 am

I was only on her webs and it is going.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:16 am

Here are my grievances. Essentially, they boil down to Vespera being superior to most of the other characters in a wide range of fields. Now, you could argue the same thing about Leila, given that she has a very wide range of abilities, each with considerable strength, but Leila is offset by severe mental disorders and the fact that using her powers consumes her free will.

Vespera has no such weaknesses. While she does have some weaknesses, being unable to swim isn't exactly a metahuman weakness. I know lots of people that can't swim. She has no real combat weaknesses, aside from her weakness to light: and even then, it isn't conventional light. That means that only Sage (that I'm aware of) can, no pun intended, hold a candle to Vespera in terms of combat. While she does have a few others, they aren't significant enough to offset her extreme strength in combat.

Even outside of that, she's very powerful. She's very smart, can influence males, can turn invisible in sufficient darkness, is totally immune to psychic probing, has an incredibly destructive venomous/poisonous ability, extreme senses, superior strength and speed, regenerative abilities, seismic sense, communication with spiders, the ability to create webs that can disintegrate through matter, wall climbing, and reflexes to dodge anything short of a bullet. She's extremely versatile but also extremely powerful in all of her fields: each of her abilities could be a power (or at least a major sub-power) on their own, and combined, they make her really strong in nearly every aspect powers could be applied.

If she were superior to the other characters in only one field-for example, Abe is pretty strong in terms of combat. He's strong, durable, and his elemental ability lets him use the terrain to his advantage. A good fighter. However, if you were to put Abe in a situation where he couldn't fight his way out, he had to sneak around, his power couldn't help him very much: he can't earthbend his way past a security camera. Same goes if he was up against a psychic enemy (which is one of Abe's weaknesses, I think), and in terms of healing or "support" powers, Abe can't do a whole lot either. Vespera is immune to the psychic characters, stronger than the stealthy characters, stealthier than the strong characters, has command over animals, and her weaknesses don't, to me, seem sufficient enough to offset that. She has all of her bases covered-even the very versatile Drake can only hold a few powers at a time, and he doesn't understand them very well.

I'm not trying to nitpick or be an asshole here, but I'm co-GM and since Lone brought this up, I'm listing my thoughts. I'll defer to him, but it seems to me that Vespera is more powerful than most of the other characters and lacks any crippling psychological weaknesses/metahuman weaknesses to offset that. I'd either want her restricted to one "field" (ex. all her combat abilities toned down, all her shadow abilities toned down, etc) or her made more of a "jack of all trades" by weakening all of her sub-powers and/or introducing a stronger weakness. I don't feel like Vespera "needs" most of her powers to stay relevant; most of our characters are going to "need" more powers to stay relevant to her. While they fit thematically really well, I feel like they upset the balance too much.

And while we're at it, if anyone has any problems with my characters feel free to list them.

Last edited by The Real Shade on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDippster
Teedler Supreme Ruler of Space
TheDippster

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:30 am

I still haven't figured out Trace' room mate, while we are on the topic
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:35 am

If any of mine were still vacant I'd offer them as roomies. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
TheDippster
TheDippster

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:43 am

Cool shade. I want to post ic but I'm not quite sure what to do as everyone in Trace's immediate area is watching a fight
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:46 am

He could strike up a conversation with some of them?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:49 am

We haven't really arranged room-mates for who after awhile. Though, we really should start again because this is important.

The only character I have without a room-mate is Ray, but Trace is not exactly in the same age group as Ray is.

Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:55 am

TheⓍperator wrote:
Personally I think it should go entirely. I dont think it would be fair if you got near her and suddenly your skin started falling off. Although, I have no power here.

I personally think disintegration is WAY too far. They should just be webs. Webs aren't weak, you know. Spider web is stronger than steel when in the proper amount. I mean, look at spider man!.
Back to top Go down
TheDippster
TheDippster

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:00 am

Okay just let me know when there is a character that can fill the space.
Anyway judging from the iPhone and Arizona tea is it safe to assume anything that exist in our world exist in that of the rp's
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 5:09 am

I got Vespera sorted out in the chat, and she's getting a nerf. I will however still respond to some of what you've said.

Leila isn't a good example, because a lack of physical weakness. What I mean about not swimming is that she sinks like a rock. I should have made that more clear. Also, the light weakness would be too much if it was any source of light. Additionally, I feel that the other weaknesses are worth mentioning.

A few of the powers you listed are insignificant in their extent, like her pheromones, and spider communication. Disintegration and immunity to physic powers were removed, other aspects of her power were reduced. Before not every aspect of her ability would be a major sub-power, less so now.

While she is strong in several areas, she does not get close to covering every aspect of powers. Just about any character specialized in a field out does Vespera in that area. All characters that share the same powers have a stronger version than hers. She does not control any sort of animal, and like above the physic immunity is no longer. Abe is a good example, but Drake is not. The reason being is that his listed weaknesses relate to copying powers, not the powers he's copied themselves.

I know you have the right intentions in mind. She has been re-accepted, and should be more reasonable now.

Last edited by True Night on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:14 pm

Huh, more people are watching the fight than I expected.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:15 pm

There's only four people, right?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:17 pm

Watching? I think six.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:22 pm

I think so too. Also, about the roommates. Kate and Vance are my characters without one. I think Kate should room with Claire, and Vance with Jackson, unless there is a better arrangement.
Back to top Go down
HalfThere
Newborn
HalfThere

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:35 pm

uh I made Antony room with Jackson but I can easily change it to something else
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Claire, Damon, Trace, and Neal. No one else is watching.

I'll post as soon as lieo does.
Back to top Go down
HalfThere
Newborn
HalfThere

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Maxx wrote:
Claire, Damon, Trace, and Neal. No one else is watching.

I'll post as soon as lieo does.
Anthony is wall watching....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)   Academy 218  - Superpower School OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Academy 218 - Superpower School OOC (Always Open)
Page 23 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next