Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)

Go down 
+9
HalfThere
Celo "The Moms"
God-Mod
Lieo
Maxx
True Night
Dragonbud
The Real Shade
Mr Allen J
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Merry smiled, returning the apple to a normal weight and stuffing it in her pocket. She had never heard of someone calling her power neat. Her mother thought of it as a potential threat to her oldest daughter and her little sister thought it was the coolest thing on the face of the earth. She was always telling Merry that she hoped that if she got a power it would be as cool as hers. As flattering as that was, Merry couldn't agree with her little sister. Their father had a much cooler power, but he rarely used it in his older age and to please his wife. She had never been good around powers. Before she could respond a announcement cut her off, urging the students to get their assigned room numbers. She could only hope she would meet someone exciting in her room, or at least find her luggage there.

She watched a stream of students leaving the cafeteria. It was safe to say they were heading where she needed to be going. At least she wouldn't get lost. Merry gave a quick, mock, salute and a grin. "Thank you sirs! I hope we get to see each other again." She doubted she wouldn't, the school only had so many teachers, but it seemed like the right thing to say. She got up from the table, walking over towards a group of students heading towards the reception building. Once there she stood in line, nervously twiddling her thumbs. Hopefully she wouldn't make a bad first impression on whoever she was assigned for a roommate.

The line moved along and once she was in the front she was handed the information she would need. She turned over her card, looking at her room number as well as the name of her roommate. Carmen Santo. Merry grinned to herself as she began to navigate the halls, searching for her room. The name Carmen Santo sounded rather cool and exotic much to Merry's delight. It didn't take long for Merry to find her assigned room, after receiving some help from a returning student. Merry stood outside the room, glancing at the card in her hand and the number on the door. She let out a soft sigh, trying not to get too nervous. She lined up the card, unlocking the door with a soft click. Merry pushed the door open slowly, peeking inside.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 1:35 am

Gabriela, & Jake Valos.

Maxx wrote:
"Actually more like Christopher Ecclestone." he said rather nonchalantly, turning towards Jake "I'm Neal, your roommate, and I suppose I am pretty weird. Yet again, metahumans have never been classified as normal."

Gabe's sole eye drifted from Valery, to Neal. She could just sense it, he heard what she said and wasn't too pleased about it. It amused her a little bit, that he was clearly a bit upset. However, at this point, Gabriela could give so little f*cks about these two that she can write a book about it. There were more important things going on - At least in her eyes. That didn't involve these two. So she was going to just leave it up to Jake. "Righto." She said to Neal, near sarcastically. "I'm going to go head off to my room, and, ya' know; get acquainted with my room-mate. So I'm gon' leave you two alone to get acquainted." Without even waiting to see anyone's reaction, Gabe walked out of the reception-building. She was going to head off to her room, and hope that her room-mate won't be too much of a pest.

Taking steps through out of the reception building, Gabe asked someone and got some proper directions. She walked through the snow. Jesus, it was so frigid out here. As she walked, a red light surrounded her. Forming an aura of light - That was a comforting kind of warm. She was using her laser energy to heat her body up. The snow around quickly melted, leaving behind a trail of melted snow while where ever she walked. Eventually she made it into the dorms. Boots oddly covered in water at the bottom. She stopped for a second, to look around. Not too many people in immediate sight, but they'll pop up soon. Which was good enough motivation to get a move on. Now, her room was... Room 312? She was told that it was on the third floor, with the other people Gabe's age are situated too. She approached what she believed was her room, and put the key in and opened the door. She was told that her luggage would be here - But that was the least of her concerns. Gabe knew there was another person in room, her room-mate presumably.

There was a few things that she needed to tell Leila. "... Ya' must be miss Septim. Alright, my name is Gabriela Valos, and let's get a few things out of da way right now..." Gabe crossed her arms, and directed her gaze solely onto Leila. Her depth perception was little off but she was close enough. "If we gon' stay together, then let's set a few ground rules. One; dun' touch my stuff. Ever. Next, keep quiet all times I'm in here. I come in 'ere to relax, and I dun' appreciate noise when I relax. Finally, I may have some girls over for some fun; don't interrupt us. Follow dese rules, and we'll have the dandiest of all times. 'Kay?" Gabe didn't show anything but hardness, and coldness. Because she wanted to get in the clear that she is not the type that she'll want to mess with. Lest they want to destroy this beautiful dorm-room fighting each other.

Meanwhile, Jake was still trying to tend to Val and Neal. When Gabe walked off, Jake turned to Neal. Immediately saying, "Uh, don't mind her that much... She's... Like that." Gabe's rough personality has gotten them in more trouble than he can tell. But, above all else, it's gotten him some bad first impressions fine. Though, at this point, Jake is pretty good at repairing that bad impression. Jake put his hand out for Neal to shake. "Yeah, I'm Jake Valos. I'm sure we won't have any problems. I'm quiet, and I definitely won't..." Then Jake faded off. He realized that he was trying a bit too hard to appear as a good guy. He needs to take time to get to know Neal. "Yeah. I think we can be friends." If we don't butt heads. I don't even use my dorm-room for anything other than sleep...

Leon M. Vahan, Sage L. Pimm, Carmen 'Lily' Santo.

When you have something like an All-Seeing eye, when you put your mind to it, very few details left your eye. Leon had noticed Jesse long before. Not making any moves, since he assumed that he was going to walk over and say something. But Jesse had changed his mind at the last moment. Hm. Leon quickly decided to see into his head real fast to tell his motives, and see through his eyes at the same time. To see what his motives are. He stopped after a moment. Saw these... Strange things, through the boys eyes. He had no idea what they are. They were like ghosts. Leon became immediately interested in Jesse Well, that was the fun of things. Leon was going to find out what these things he saw were. Even if it takes some time. Leon thought he'd get introduced to him first. Well, the proper context would be that he's a teacher, and he's just getting to know the new students. Besides, these two aren't making too much of a conversation. "Hey there." Leon called Jesse. "You look new here, I'm Leon Vahan, one of the teachers here. Maybe we can have a chat and I can tell you a few things, yeah?"

Jesse was sensed long before by Lily. She can sense everyone in the room, and how strong they are just by being near them. Of course once Leon addressed him she started paying attention. She turned her head, purple hair swinging, and looked at him. If he got close he would have noticed that his powers got stronger. She had hoped that he wouldn't trace it back to her. "Hey I'm Lily." She introduced herself. In truth, she wasn't anymore uncomfortable around Jesse than she was anyone else.

"Sage." Sage introduced itself as well. With a bit more confidence then Lily. It was a little confused as to why Leon called out to him - Actually Leon likely wants to get to know the new students or something. Regardless Sage was going to give him a warm welcome.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:09 am

"It's highly annoying that you seem to think that 1: quoting your idol somehow makes ordering me around justified. 2: That I'm stupid enough to think what you just texted me was ever at any point intended to be a suggestion. 3: Since this will inevitably be about something asinine like moving your electron microscope 6 inches to the left because you're to lazy to move one chair over, you are now required to make me espressos every morning for the rest of the week, and if its especially stupid, that contract limiting what I paint on my half of the room to strictly non-offensive, non-dangerous and boring art will be voided."

-M

(^Irony.)

Mel looked up from her phone from where she stood in front of the TV that basically served as a entertainment source and a room divider separating Jasmine's meticulously cleaned side of the room from Mel's abhorrently messy half that basically consisted of a bed surrounded by heaps of a combination of art supplies, scientific textbook and half completed experiments including several extremely unsavory objects that looked suspiciously like pickled (or not) body parts of indeterminate origins. However, something interesting about Mel's side of the room, aside from the morbid subject matter in almost every piece of art, book or experiment present, was the fact that there were two large metal doors in the floor covering the majority of that half the room's floor, and the fact that this trap-door was bolted in place and locked with what looked like a passcode, fingerprint scanner and number combination built into a clear plastic kiosk that contained what looked like an entire storage bin full of phones, another of computers and routers made it suspicious as well. It also made it pretty obvious that Mel must have contact with some extremely unsavory types of people on a frequent basis as there is no other rational explanation as to why someone would need that many phones with that many different phone numbers.

Although Mel herself currently didn't look at all like any sort of criminal mastermind, paranoid PI, or anything really, as she looked smugly across the room at Jasmine who was currently staring almost morosely out the window. Completely unaware of her roommate's presence, which Mel found exceedingly funny, given Jasmine's abilities, even though she was technically rendered invisible at the current time. She could have fun with this, seeing as Jasmine was the most likely to figure out what she was using to remain unobserved, and even though the flexible computer screen filament onesie she was currently wearing wasn't any better resolution than the TV behind her, it had worked well enough at rendering her invisible so that Jasmine hadn't been able to pick up on the slight pixilation of the air in front of the flatscreen. Probably out of location bias, as out of everywhere she could have hidden, the TV was the place most likely to contain pixels so would be the place you'd most expect to see pixels. However, she wanted to see just how long this disguise could work with someone searching for it, and just how much time someone with the observational skills of Jasmine would have to look for her mysteriously vanished roommate before she spotted the pixelated Mel sized blur in front of the TV, thus determining her new inventions usefulness. So, having this plan in mind, she quickly composed another message, not having to look at the keypad of her lime green iPad once as she used it so much that it was now second nature and more like an extra appendage than a phone, especially since she used it often enough that it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to assume that it actually was part of her biology and physically attached to her person somehow.

"Okay, I'm here, what do you want now? I almost hope it's something stupid. I was thinking of painting a couple hundred eyeballs on the wall opposite your bed so they can all watch you sleep."

-M
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 6:00 am

Angel Meyers

The dorm was dark; not a single light anywhere in it was on. The only light in the room was the grey rays of cloudy sunlight that streamed in from the half-closed blinds. The room was simple, too. All that the main room contained was a wooden desk with a simple chair in front of it, two beds, a grey armchair that faced the window, and a closet. Sitting across from the two beds on an entertainment center was a television that wasn't turned on. The room hadn't a single trace of personalization anywhere. The room, in a word, was boring.

Angel Meyers sat in the armchair near the window, her mottled brown wings hanging from either side of the chair as if they were dead. Her wings were peculiar objects, as despite their angelic connotations, they looked as if they were the wings of an elohim who flew into an oil spill. They were limp and ugly and obviously were not cared for. All three of these could be attributed to a steady diet of marijuana, cocaine, and alcohol. On one side of the chair was a battered black backpack, and on the other a black rolling suitcase. Angel was curled up on the chair, her knees against her chest. She wore a white tank top with torn-up blue jeans, and in her left hand held a bottle of blood red nail polish.  She was painting her toenails when she heard a creak from the door, announcing that her new roommate had arrived. Angel put the cap back on the bottle of nail polish and sat it on the wooden desk. She placed her feet on the ground, careful not to let her toes touch the carpet, and slowly stretched her arms and wings. Her wings fully extended stretched from one end of the room to the other. Angel yawned loudly, and stood up slowly, using her wings to keep her balanced. She folded her wings against her back and turned around slowly to see her new roommate. The new girl was creepy as all Hell, with black makeup and eyes that seemed to glow rather eerily red. Angel stared at her a moment and began to speak.

"Well hello there sunshine." she jested "I'm Angel Meyers, your roommate. Nice to meet you. I love your boots. They're so sexy."

Jasmine

Jasmine rose from the chair and, placing her coffee cup on the desk, walked over to grab her phone from the bed. She remembered when there had been a side table next to her chair. It was a nice white one from Ikea that she sat her coffee on so much that a permanent brown ring was stained into it. Mel had destroyed it with a painted flamethrower in one of her bitchouts after painting some sort of alien cat-thing she called Mark. Jasmine would have to get Mel to paint her a new one.

Speaking of Mel, Jasmine suddenly felt a chill down her spine, a sign to her of her powers kicking in. Jasmine grabbed her black trench coat and tossed it at Mel, draping over her and rendering her visible. Jasmine walked over with her arms crossed across her chest and snatched her coat back, now completely aware of where Mel was.

"New rule; no turning invisible." Jasmine said, a smile crossing her face for half a fleeting second "Anyways, the security took my weapons when I got onboard that godblessed cruise ship of their's and they put a fingerprint scanner on the door they locked the stuff in so I can't get in. Therefore I need a new gun, and maybe some throwing knives. If you do I'll let you create something living again so long as it doesn't watch or in any other way interact with me in my sleep." This last part Jasmine added on in retaliation of the time when Mel created a six-legged orange salamander that enjoyed eating the boogers out of Jasmine's nose while she slept. She spent the next two weeks blowing orange goo out of her nose and eventually ended up hitting the salamaner twenty-three times with a steel sledgehammer.

"Maybe you could make me persian cat like I asked you to last year. Just this time don't draw it with vampire fangs and a grenade in its stomach."

Neal

"Nice to meet you Jake." Neal replied "She's fine. I don't mind it. I get picked on a lot; I'm used to it. But yeah, I shouldn't bother you too much so long as you don't mind a sculpture or two. I'm an artist, you see." Neal realized that he was rambling on a bit and decided to change the subject a bit.

"So shall we go up to the room?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:27 pm

"Hey there." Jesse heard behind him. Aw, hell, of course.

Talk about a problem he had to solve for himself. If one were to figure that they ought to isolate or keep to oneself and minimalism one's presence around the peers around them, it likely isn't a good idea to approach any one or few people and stare. This was of course something Jesse was beating himself up over, despite its trivial nature, though it more out of response towards his own foolishness. Self-deprecation aside, Jesse remain relaxed and turned around to face whomever was calling him - to some minor relief, the person was one of the teachers, Leon or Mr. Vahan, as the man said. Though rather forward, he seemed kind and friendly enough to warrant some conversation.

"Yes, of course." Jesse said, smiling in return. He might learn a few things from Leon here, since he was new to this academy. Hell, he was new to the world of "super powers" if you want to call it that, so he could probably do for some sitting down to get himself up to speed. Jesse noticed how peculiar Leon appeared, or at least compared to a normal person. He was dressed in a long coat and at his side was strapped a sheath, with some sword or scabbard within it. Now a couple questions crossed his mind at his notice of this: one of them being, why does a teacher have a sword? Unless he took part in some security or martial training in one of the gym classes, then that might be excusable, but secondly, why a sword? In a world full of guns and rifles, a sword ought to be considered rather inefficient in comparison unless the man had super speed or something. But in a facility such as this, Jesse figured he'd adopt a "whatever floats your boat" policy. Judging any one person presumptuously would probably get him into trouble one way or another.

So where he thought that would be the last of his worries, the girl whom he previously found himself staring at for a moment greeted him and introduced herself. Well damn, of course that would happen. Jesse smiled to the girl, Lily, as she said, making a fairly good effort make his nervousness go away - especially after his embarrassing moment prior before. Though fortunately, he did have the nerve to introduce himself to her.

"Hello, I'm Jesse." He uncomfortably nodded to Lily as he readjusted his hold on his duffel bag, as well as shrugging the strap of the computer bag further up his shoulder. Upon the introduction of the androgynous person, he simply nodded to, assuming this person was a girl, her, figuring he needn't introduce himself a second time to a person who was already nearby. He felt a bit... off, if he could describe it, around them. Sort of a good "off", but there wasn't much difference that was noticeable as far as he could tell.

Last edited by Lieo on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:55 pm

Leila Gabrielle Septim

Leila was the type to let herself get walked all over. Generously, you might call her "kind" or "easygoing", but a more accurate phrase would be "doormat".

Simply put, it was really hard to give two sh*ts about what one teenage girl with anger management problems wanted when she had seven immortal forces of absolute evil dancing about inside her mind, all whispering half-truths and urging things she knew were wrong-

Right and wrong, so primitiv-

She comes in the dorm without shivering but with minimal clothing-this would suggest some form of heat manipulation, perhaps a resistance to pain or the elements-

Ah, she mentioned bringing some girls over...Leila, it's been a while since you've had a woman, since the two of us have had-

Ooh, that confidence, it really is rather striking, isn't it? Shame you can't have half that vitality, Leyls, shame.

F*ck your b*tchy roommate, you haven't eaten in quite a while...remember the last time you starved yourself, trying to beat me? It's funny, Leila, you can't win either way.

I tire of her insolence. The snow shall fall crimson by sunrise.

With action brings further conflict...avoiding her is the solution. Merely say nothing...

Leila was sitting, cross-legged and in pajamas, on her bed, facing the wall, with her head in her hands. She didn't move or react at all to Gabe coming in, seeming to not care at all. As Gabe began "laying down the law", so to speak, she turned a bit, but didn't seem to care very much. And when Gabe's monologue was finished, she murmured "Okay" before returning back to her peculiar state of agonized meditation, enjoying the lovely sensation of an eight-way argument taking place inside her mind.

Envy giggled. Oh, she won't take well to this at all. As cocky and arrogant as she is, not caring is the WORST thing you can do to them. Undermines their ego. Tears them to shreds.

Lucifer scoffed. Oh, Leviathan. You know nothing of warfare. Spiritual or psychological.

...'k. Envy replied, entirely nonchalantly. Pride grunted out of irritation, leaving Leila to wonder why the hell a nonphysical entity would even grunt.

Good, Leila. You're beginning to think like one of us.

And that made Leila curl up a little tighter into her shell. Gabe could've smacked her across the back of the head with a baseball bat and she likely wouldn't have noticed.

Valery Arsov

Valery grinned. "Sure! I'd be happy to give you directions. Although most of the time I wind up wandering back to the cafeteria sooner or later." He laughed, a loud and energetic noise that seemed to take up his whole gut and throat, when Jake mentioned perfecting his abilities. "Oh, friend. If you saw half the kids here you would not think of this school as a means of 'perfecting' abilities. But it is a good place, I should not joke like such." Val massaged his beard for a moment, running a hand idly through his greying hair afterwards. The conversation was, pardon the pun, a bit icy-Gabe was clearly not a people person. He at least figured another eyepatched person would have a bit of a connection, you know, they could discuss how they saved time when it came to doing vision charts and stuff, but no, she didn't seem interested in talking.

"It is fine! I am not offended. I have been rejected by enough women in my life, one more does not bother me." he noticed Neal had arrived and then grinned. "I see you have found your roomma-oh, sh*t, I need to find mine. Good to meet you, Jake Valos, I hope we will talk again soon. Perhaps your sister will be in a better mood, yes?" Val clapped Jake on the back and nodded warmly to Neal as he walked away, searching for either Drake to spark a conversation with or his roommate, whom he was hoping he would find by pure coincidence-he really didn't like dealing with the school's staff. They had a bad impression of him for some reason.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:54 am

Mel pulled the invisible fishbowl like helmet off, making it look as if she were a disembodies head, "But you said for it to be Persian, and in Persian mythology, commonly referred to as Zoroastrianism, one of the most common figures mentioned aside from the Rostam, was the Zahhak, who was gaurded by two vipers growing out of his shoulders -which aside from sounding really stupid would be physiologically impossible-, and I really didn't see the point of having a pet that served no purpose, so I figured the cat could act as a guard of sorts, so if someone tried to steal some of our scientific research papers, it would kill them with its venom, and the theif wouldn't be expecting a fluffy cat to attack them, let alone be venomous enough to kill them. The Grenade was incase we needed a distraction, we could just shoot your cat, and as with the venom, no one would expect a fluffy cat to randomly explode. I really don't see what was wrong with the original one I gave you. Or why you had to throw it down an elevator shaft to measure the impact force on a small creature from a specific height. We have frozen rabbits and monkeys for that."

Mel clapped her hands togeather twice, deactivateing the computer screens output feeds, causing the rest of her to materialize out thin air as the computer suit turned a dull metalic grayish blue color. She tucked the helmet under her left arm and gesturing rather animatedly with her right, she continued;

"On the topic of your weapons, if its a simple matter of a fingerprint scanner, we can just nick one of the headmasters coffee mugs, wine glasses or any disposable plastic cups he uses and pull the fingerprints off that, take pictures, enhance the quality in photoshop then print them out on pieces of paper using waterproof ink, find the safe, paste a cut out of his fingerprints on the sensor and add a few drops of water to the paper to make it electrically conductive, and that will unlock almost every fingerprint scanner in existence. However, if it's actually a useful scanner that is intended to act as more than a deterrent for half hearted thiefs, they may employ a pulse or heat detector, in which case I'll have to draw the headmasters finger prints onto your fingers, animate that, then find some way to change them back unless you want to unintentionally frame the him for trespassing, espionage, homicide, or all the usual things we get charged with. Although, you could be like me, routinely change your fingerprints out for completely BS ones before you commit any crime as a joke. Remember that one time I swapped them in for the  Gallifreyan text for FINGER PRINT and we had a whole Police Squad thinking it was some kind of gang name, alien prints or coded message? Oh, and their faces when we translated it for them were priceless... Never once did they think it was me... Humans are so hilarious aren't they? We should have made a video of that and posted to youtube under the alias of 'The Gallifreyan Crimebot' that way they coud interpret it whichever way they want."
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:42 am

5:24 PM

The sun was setting upon Academy 218. That was a sure sign that it was time to get into the collective dorm rooms.

Drake, & Adam Blackmore, & Sarah T. Cineheart.

Finally, after they've finished catching up, and engaging in some nice bonding, both Drake and Adam left the cafeteria to head to the reception building. Adam walked at a very slow pace - Too slow for Drake, who was trying to walk by his side. Normally he'd walk a lot faster by himself. "Sooo..." Drake says to Adam, trying to start up a conversation. Merely because he was already getting bored. However, it was easy for something to catch his interests...

Theme of Sarah:

A female voice spoke to Adam, ignoring Drake, "Hey Mr. Blackmore. Glad to see your age hasn't slowed you down like it always has." This person was none other than Sarah Cineheart. One of the long-time students at the Academy, since she was a younger teen, in fact. She was leaning up against one of the walls of the Reception Building. With an unlit cigarette in between her fingers. All the snow around her had melted, and there was a soothing warmth emanating off of her.

Adam had recognized the voice. It was none other than Sarah Cineheart. One of the students he was well acquainted with. Well, she was rather arrogant, and irritated the hell out of Adam. But hell, she preformed well in his classes - That's all that really matters. Plus, she was one of the 'Arena Champions' as some called them. Those that have the most arena wins out of anyone else in the school. "Miss Cineheart. Glad to see that you've decided to spend another school-year with us." Adam responds to her, appearing professional as always.

"Wouldn't be anywhere else." Sarah says to Adam.

Drake butted into the conversation by inserting, "What? I get ignored? I'm more interesting than he is, babe." Well, Drake did find Sarah a bit attractive. He would love to get a bit of her attention.

"I was getting to you... Wait... You must be his son?" Sarah guesses randomly. Expecting to be horribly wrong.

"Ah, you have great observational skills, Miss Cineheart." Drake says

"Call me Sarah. Only the old guys call me by my last." She tells him her first name. With a devious smirk on her face.

At this point, Drake got a little closer to Sarah, pulling out his lighter. "Sarah? You don't look like a Sarah... You seem like a gal with a name like Rose, or Ruby, something Red... Heh. Red. Mind If I call you that?" Drake says playfully as ever. He noticed her cigarette, and saw a perfect opportunity. He got a little closer and lit his lighter, "Ah ha, another smoker? Mind if I light?"

The fire that the lighter was creating seemingly floated off and changed into a snake-like formation. Forming a fancy loop in the air, before meeting Sarah's cigarette. The fire had lit the cigarette and disappeared shortly after. "Thank you." Then all fire returned to normal.

Drake had pulled out his own cigarette, put it in between his lips and lit it. "Whoa, you're a fire type? Bet you put that stuff to good use."

"I do put it to good use. I'm the Arena champion." Sarah says, pridefully. "Challenge me sometimes, big boy. If you think you can take the heat."

This had really piqued Drake's interests. The girl's a warrior, and there's an arena! That place will be where Drake proves himself the warrior he really is. Suddenly this place got a whole lot better. "Heh. You're on. Where can we-"

Suddenly, a freezing cold breeze rushed by, extinguishing both of their cigarettes, blowing them out of their hands. Totally ruining their moment. Courtesy of Adam. He spoke in them in a stern tone, exactly like he was reprimanding them, "Now, it is nice that you two are getting along, but Sarah, we have business to attend to. Best save your banter... For later." The second Adam finished talking, Adam pushed his glasses up his nose. Then he started walking inside the reception building. He stopped for a moment and turned back to Drake and Sarah to speak, "Perhaps you two can battle at the arena after class tomorrow?" Better later than now. Because he knew both of them well enough, that he's absolutely certain they were going to duel each other.

Just like that, the moment was ruined. Drake had bucked back and stood straight up. Putting his lighter away. He fake-coughed, covering it up with his fist. "Yeah... Gotta go, and get my room and stuff... You?" Drake still tries to continue the conversation. Even though his fun was ruined.

With a simple, quiet laugh, Sarah responded, "I already got my assignment. There's been a few mix ups; so I'm not getting a room-mate for a little while."

Drake started walking out of the scene, towards the reception building. "Cool. Uh, see you 'round? 'Cause, I am going to hold you up on that one-on-one offer you spoke so highly of..." He spoke to Sarah, his voice loaded with bravado. Drake had already entered the building, but his face was pointed at her.

At that point, Sarah had started walking off towards the dorms with her books pressed up against her chest. She replied to Drake, "Like I said, only if you can take the heat." She was long out of sight by the time Drake got inside the reception building.

Quickly catching up to Adam, Drake walked by his father's side. A cheeky grin on his face. Saying absolutely nothing. The words had left his lips, though, "... Ah, she digs me."

"Isn't that what you said about the last twenty harlots?" Adam turned his head towards Drake, and gave him a narrow glare.

"Harlots? What if this? The medieval times? Ha." Drake says, totally brushing off Adam, like he's been hard-wired to do. Either way, Drake walked over to the front desk, and put his elbow on it. Getting awfully close to the front desk worker. He asked for his information in a low, almost flirty, tone. Only Adam facepalming in the background, and the worker getting uncomfortable. She had ran off to get everything. Then she quickly came back - Just to send Drake and Adam on their ways. Drake had looked at his appointment to see his room-mate is... Seth Maxwell. He stared thinking about all the strange coincidences here. Meeting a random guy, that guy seems to be well acquainted with his lineage, then he gets to share a room with. How odd can things get? Hopefully, they won't have any problems. Drake doesn't exactly do too well with sharing rooms. With him walking around shirtless quite often. "Best that I go find him." Drake says to no one in particular.

Dexter 'Rush' Chertok and...

Welding goggles? Check.

Proper equipment. Check.

Goal in mind? Check.

Deep within the complex of the Detention center was Dexter Chertok - Or his more accurate street name Rush. Instead of attending the speech of the headmaster - He skipped all of that and went straight to the Training Hall. There was something that he wanted to grab before things got really busy there. The building is full of complex machinery - The kind of machinery that'd make Rush drool. Specifically, there was a turret for training. He wanted to remove some of the circuitry for himself, to utilize for future inventions. The only problem was his reputation for such acts. They'd immediately. Then bam. Another week in the detention center - If they don't downright throw him out. Well, he could easily hide it if, and this is one hell of a stretch; they don't call in one of the many mind-readers. Right now he was in one of the training rooms, quickly taking apart a turret with speed, appearing like he was just rushing... But, he isn't rushing; his ability innately tells him how to carefully dismantle such devices without damaging it in the slightest. Anything he stole was stuffed into his trench-coat. He was just about finished, when he stopped suddenly.

He heard someone coming... About two sets of footsteps.

Not good.

Alright, Rush quickly weighed his odds. If he wasn't already detected; it's safe to say that they have no advanced means of detection. The room was a mess, so, trying to clean everything up and haul @ss was out of the question. He could spring, but they're so close, and he's unaware what they're packing in terms of power, that he felt that running was too big of a risk. Actually, he had a plan in mind. Not the most subtle plan. But whatever doesn't get him thrown in the detention center. One of the training rooms a few doors down went absolutely crazy. The alarms went off, the doors slammed open and cut again and again, and general chaos. A simple use of his power. Just like he planned, the two people went past him and towards the crazed room to investigate. There was no other choice. Rush sprinted out the door at full speed, sounds of alarms masking most of his footsteps. He managed to make it out of the training hall before everyone fixed what he just did. There would be little digital evidence that he was even near the building. Rush had sabotaged the cameras so that they wouldn't record him. Well, he's certain that he's not the only one who would have something to gain from looting the training hall.

With that out of the way, Rush just slid his welder's goggles over his eyes and walked with his hands in his pockets. Trying his best to be inconspicuous. He strolled his way over to the dorms and looked around - Well, mostly behind him hoping he won't see a horde of security guards gunning for his @ss. He didn't. But that doesn't mean he won't. He made haste in getting up to his room on the third floor, wasting no time by worrying about anyone else. He was quite anxious, because he was in fear of getting caught. Finally... Rush felt a twinge of relief when he came in sight of his door. He quickly slid his keys in the slot, and felt like he was home free. Rush was going to spend the rest of the day experimenting with his new tech, and surfing the web. However, he stopped to jolt when a familiar presence spoke and grabbed him tightly.

"Hello, Darling!" Megan says appearing out of the blue, grabbing on to Rush's shoulder with a surprising amount of strength. To the point where he couldn't break free to move, until she wanted him to. It was unknown what her motives were.

"Miss Jervious!?" Rush, after recovering from the surprise, turned his head towards her slowly, gritting his teeth. One half of him was in utter fear that she'll bust him, and the other half was in fear that'll she'll ask what's got him so anxious all the sudden. Because either way, he'll be screwed.

"Hahaha, you act like you've never been touched before." Megan says in a jovial tone. "Did I surprise you. Oh? I'm sorry." She released her grip on Rush, and took a few steps back, clipboard still in hand.

"... Yes. Miss Jervious. What can I help you with?" Rush asks. Eager to end this and move on.

"Hmm... You know..." Megan says, eyes causally turning left, then right. Inspecting the hallway for anyone who could be watching. There was no one. Which was the green-light. "... I just saw you barreling away from a  yet another crime-scene and I was personally wondering what you stole this time." It was a little clever plan that Megan had in mind.

"That fast? It occurred several minutes ago. Did word spread that quickly?" Rush answered Megan. Readying himself for another long and lonely night in the detention center. He wasn't exactly thinking straight when it came to this.

"It didn't." In truth, Megan had no idea what Rush did. She was just going off his body language, and set up the trap. He fell right for it. Even if he didn't do anything, she'd run along before getting an official report. Though, now that he's here... "Well, you know, they've had it to here with you breaking these rules they've implemented - They're there for a reason, darling Rush. I've heard that they may considering expelling you if you don't get your act together...."

It was true... Rush had gained such a reputation for such actions. But he was a bit hesitant. He was entirely unsure of Megan's motives. "... Do know where this is going. Don't like it. Not one bit...."

"Oh, well now, darling, the way you put it; you're making it all out to be a bad thing." Megan starts giggling like a teenaged schoolgirl. She put her hand on his shoulder, leaning on him a bit. Putting a light amount of weight onto Rush. "I do not wish to exploit. Just telling you that your time here may be cut short if you're caught...."

As much as it pained him, as much as he felt stupid, Rush knew that he had to play along. He knew that Miss Megan was going to blackmail him. People normally end up dissatisfied, or downright injured, whenever they attempted to blackmail Rush, but here, Megan has absolute control over him. She's one of the more well-known teachers. Hell, he theorized that she could make up some stories just to make Rush look bad. Which was all the more reason to comply. "Your intentions. Obvious. Get to point. Miss Jervious."

"Okay okay...! You children, always rushing, and dashing subtly aside..." Megan started off. Laughing again. Before abruptly stopping, to tell Rush what she wanted. "Now, I want you to listen. I want you to dig into a few computers for me... Those of students and etc... Do it, and I'll cover for you for this crime - Actually, if you do your best, darling, I will cover for all your crimes here on in." She took a few steps back and looked directly at Rush. Expecting his response. Either way, Megan will lose nothing. No one will believe him if he runs off to tell them. He's just a juvenile delinquent.

"... Alright." Rush reluctantly agrees. This situation. No good. He balled his fists up... Before unballing them and complying. This was his mistake in the first place.  

"Dashing! Now let's get started, shall we? Follow me."

They both faded into the halls of the school.

Amimoore B. Dellamorte.

"We should. See you soon." Amimoore says in response to Neal. So far, it was a fine conversation. Short, but better than she'd thought it'd go. She'd kinda guessed that Neal would be awkward beyond all belief - But, she was thankfully wrong. Though, she was digging through his head the whole time. Seeing all his displeasure and disappoints. Maybe I shouldn't have... Ooooh.... She looked aside. They can be friends. With this banquet ending, everyone was leaving. She had little reason to stay here, unless anyone wished to speak with her - Which is quite unlikely. She should head back to the mansion to rest. Maybe she'll head to the student lounge in the dorms to hang out. Amimoore hobbled out of the cafeteria building. She was doing a sort of limp, since she hasn't exactly gotten walking perfected yet. Nor did she ever think she would.

Leon M. Vahan, Sage L. Pimm, & Carmen 'Lily' Santo.

There was a bit of utter silence.

Just for a moment or two. Because everyone was devoid of a subject. Long enough for things to get a little uncomfortable. Well, Lily felt a little tired. She noticed that the sun was starting to set, and that meant it was high time to leave. Not that she didn't like anyone here. They were all nice and sweet. Exactly what Lily hopes everyone here is. But she didn't really want to waste any time right now. Jesse seemed alright too - But Lily knew that it was unlikely that they'll see each other again. Nor is she really into romance. She's basically aromatic. "Alright, I'm going to head to the reception building, then I'm going to see if I can use the bed." With that, Lily walked off towards the front desk. Once she left, the mild boost to everyone's powers vanished.

All Leon did in response was nod his head, and tap the sheath of his sword. He spoke to her "Just remember, Santo, I'll be watching." It'd be a relatively simple use of Leon's power to observe Lily from afar... Though, he was only going to watch her up until she made it to her. That'd just be creepy if he went any further. With Jesse and Sage remaining: he needed a subject, lest they wish to stand here silent. Something official. Like school. "But yeah, Jesse, I'm one of the teachers. Not the one you'd see in a classroom. Hm. They call me something else... Power instructor, yeah that's what they call me. There's a few more of us that you'll definitely see around." Leon looked around the room, to see that Adam had walked in with Drake. He nodded in their direction. "There's Adam, some people like to call him the 'Head' of the instructors. He's good, but a bit of a hardass, you'd best not get on his bad side. Then there's Megan, but she only help the ones that transform. But yeah, you'll be seeing us in the training hall first thing tomorrow for your power-class. Excited?"

The reason why Sage wasn't too active in the conversation was because it's rather shy. Perhaps it should say something. The light was still shining brightly in it's eyes, though, now that Lily left, the light wasn't so bad. "Oh, the training isn't bad. You just have to follow instructions. Just try not to show off. People hate that."

Carmen 'Lily' Santo.

After detaching off from the conversation, Lily immediately clawed her way to the front desk and immediately got her room appointment - Along with some directions to the dorms. According to this room note her room-mate is Merry Bennett. Not too bad of a name. Lily would have preferred no room-mate, but this damn school forces one upon you. Either way, Lily made her way out of the Reception building, and towards the dorms. The first thing that Lily was going to do was relax. She quickly made it to her room, and saw some person peeking in. This, of course, naturally arose some major suspicion. Since, Lily was instinctively defensive and paranoid. For a moment, she considered just walking by like it wasn't her room. Hell, Lily knew that it'd be impossible to connect that room to her. But, regardless, Lily has some items in there... She'd rather not have them get damaged or stolen. Lily slowly, and hesitantly approached Merry, "Um, hi, are you Merry...?" She stood straight up, and folded her hands behind her back. "I'm Lily, one of the people that's supposed to live here, I guess." Lily had forgotten that they'd more than likely would have used her real name - Instead of her social nickname. In either case, Lily was going to haul @ss back to Leon in case anything goes down. She wasn't exactly in the mood for fighting... Especially since she's picked up some rather brutal techniques while living on the run.

Jake V. Valos.

Shade wrote:
Oh, friend. If you saw half the kids here you would not think of this school as a means of 'perfecting' abilities. But it is a good place, I should not joke like such."

Come to think of it; Jake had already perfected his abilities, and became a master at it. There were few things that he could do to improve his abilities. He was only here to watch over Gabe and... Eh. Have some fun. Meet new and interesting people. Val was one of them. The big Russian guy who looked a lot older than he actually is - He's quite interesting thus far. "Maybe you're right, heh." Jake laughs in response. In hindsight, he did sound a little ridiculous, but he was only scrapping for stuff to say.

Shade wrote:
"It is fine! I am not offended. I have been rejected by enough women in my life, one more does not bother me." he noticed Neal had arrived and then grinned. "I see you have found your roomma-oh, sh*t, I need to find mine. Good to meet you, Jake Valos, I hope we will talk again soon. Perhaps your sister will be in a better mood, yes?"

"Oh, she will. Hope to see you again, Valery." Come to think to think of it, perhaps he should get to his room and get set up. There were plenty of things Jake wanted to do. Like actually explore this place - Just to get a feel for it. Now that Valery has been tended to; now his primary focus was Neal.  

Maxx wrote:
"Nice to meet you Jake." Neal replied "She's fine. I don't mind it. I get picked on a lot; I'm used to it. But yeah, I shouldn't bother you too much so long as you don't mind a sculpture or two. I'm an artist, you see." Neal realized that he was rambling on a bit and decided to change the subject a bit.

"So shall we go up to the room?

So far, it seemed that there weren't any hard feelings. They were going to get along just fine. Jake knows it from experience. He was going to make it his mission not to step on Neal's toes. Because the last thing he wanted was pissing off the person he shares his room with. "I'm fine with sculptures. But let's go." The reception building was filling up fast. He'd prefer that they move any and all conversation to their dorm room so that whatever they say won't get drowned in chatter. Jake made haste with getting out of the building. He had assumed that Neal was following to a degree - Hell, he probably know where they're going more than Jake. He arrived in the dorm building, before walking to his room and opening the door using his key. He was kind enough to hold the door open for Neal. Then he stepped in. Taking a look around. The place was nice. But. Eh. He'd prefer his room in the Valos manor. Nonetheless, Jake was going to make the most of this room.

Well, as Jake sat on his bed, he looked around. Fishing for a topic in his head. One that wouldn't. Perhaps he should tell Neal about his power. Just to get it out of the way... Jake opened his mouth like he was about to speak, only to change his mind. It was best that Jake keeps his little power a secret. Because it was rather alienating, and paranoia inducing - In fact, Jake was unsure of if quite a few things are real himself. Suddenly, everything went black, nothing was present. It was only a dark and depressing void. This was all in Jake's head of course. Jake quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out his treasured pocket-watch, flipped it open, and stared into it. That was when all the darkness faded away - Revealing the reality. That was when Jake realized that he was sitting here, blank as a statue, for several minutes. Looking weird. Jake had no choice but to put together a conversation starter, "Um... So, Neal, can you tell me a bit about the school? The place was cool and all, but I'd like to know a few pointers. Oh, and people I should know of."

Gabriela M. Valos.

As strange as it sounded, Gabe's quickly turned to a (near sarcastic) happy one. Her frown turned into a smile, as she laughed a little bit. It made her a bit happy how things were going so great. Leila (Seemingly) has no objections at all to Gabe stepping all over her! Which basically means that at least Gabe will have a good time here. "Now isn't that lovely." She says, crawling her way onto the opposite bed. Sitting on the edge, slowly taking off her eyepatch, gloves, and rolling up her sleeve, revealing her scar-burned flesh, and missing eye. "Now, Leila, what's wrong with ya'? Home-sick already?" Gabe then pulled out another ball of yarn. Knitting whatever.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Jesse nodded the girl off as she left after the odd moment of silence. It was disturbing how often he got into those situations, and in addition, Lily's departure which had seemingly occurred following his own appearance. Surely she had her reasons, whether it be some kind of beef with him (for whatever reason that may be), running late for some event or meeting or simply that the crowd that was beginning to congregate around the group was growing too large for her own preference. Regardless, he intends to maintain a respectful disposition. As for right now, more importantly, was the matter of Leon. Mr. Vahan was currently explaining to him his role in the facility, that being a power instructor. Along with him, there was also Adam and Megan. Adam sounded like a strict teacher completely engrossed in his job, whereas Megan sounded like more of a specialist, and Jesse got the gist she was more concerned over her relationship with the students. Were that be the case, Mr. Vahan seemed like an appropriate balance among the three. And in the first thing in the morning, Jesse would meet the other two instructors.

Sage added upon Leon's introduction, which seemed simple enough, you'd almost think that that would be a given. Unfortunately, humility isn't always a trait among students. "Sounds easy enough." He said to Sage with a smile. He then turned to face Leon.

"But yes, very excited!" He told him. "Though honestly, I'm not sure how I could, well, train with my... "power". It's a little odd. I'd be more comfortable talking about it in private than in front of an entire class."

Hopefully Mr. Vahan would understand his feelings, and hopefully Sage would not feel rejected or anything like that upon him suggesting such a course of action.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Seth

Seth watched as Drake entered the reception building and got his room assignment. It came as no surprise that he wasn't seen by him. The particular spot he was in was not visible to somebody going straight for the counter without looking around. He walked over to him while he was occupied with reading that his dads assistant was going to be his roommate. "He's found you." Seth responded to Drakes unpointed statement. "Strange that we should be paired together, but a pleasure nonetheless. Come. I know this place like the back of my hand, I've had this room number before." With that he took off at a pace suited to his new roommates, height, build, and energy level. His own optimal pace was a little bit faster, but he put that aside for now. There wasn't anybody who'd notice anyways.

Vespera

Vespera smelt nail polish before she opened the door. It's stench disgusted her, but she tolerated it for the fact that she'd use it herself if her nails weren't already colored. The sight behind the door was less than she hoped for. Her roommate's wings were more obvious metahuman features than any that she possessed in human form, but that wasn't the problem. Angel appeared absolutely sickly. She smelt something through the nail polish. Is this mutant a druggie? So far there were two pro's about rooming with this person. One, her blood doesn't seem remotely appealing. There were issues in the past about Vespera drinking from roommates as they slept. Two, she also liked the dark. Strangely this downtrodden thing seemed like a decently good match for her. That was until she spoke. The room was already dark, so Vespera vanished. In the blink of an eye she reappeared behind Angel and placed her hands on her shoulders and wings. "Nice to meet you too sweetie. I'm Vespera." She raised her leg off to the side and past Angel so she could fully see her boots. "Glad you like these. I use them for stomping flies, and wooing boys." With a chuckle she put it back on the floor and backed a step. Initially it was irritation at being called sunshine that fueled her actions, but in the end she let that slide. "I like what you've done with the place." What she meant was what she didn't do with the room, especially the fact that she hadn't even turned on the lights. She walked over to the window sill and extended an arm. "I hope your not afraid of spiders." She said as a few began to make their way from Vespera's clothes to their new home.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Merry had glanced around the room, only her head sticking in. She didn't see her roommate, or at least she didn't think she could see her roommate, for all she knew she could be using some sort of invisibly powers or something. However she could see her luggage, a few suitcases and bags, leaning up against one of the walls. Merry was glad to see her bags, but was nervous. She would have to go though everything to make sure nothing went missing. She could also see some things that didn't belong to her, or at least didn't think they belonged to her. Maybe they were her roommates, and if that was the case then her roommate must have already stopped by. Merry was about to open the door all the way and walk in when she heard a voice behind her.

Allen wrote:
"Um, hi, are you Merry...?" She stood straight up, and folded her hands behind her back. "I'm Lily, one of the people that's supposed to live here, I guess."

Merry would have liked to say she wasn't startled by the sudden voice. She hadn't heard the girl approach her, and hadn't been expected to be snuck up on. Merry took a second to look over the girl in front of her before speaking. She was incredibly pretty, a bit timid looking but still nice. Merry knew her roommates name was Carmen, but since this girl knew Merry's name then she must be the person she was waiting for. Lily. That's an awesome nickname. Merry almost wished she had a cool nickname. Merry flashed Lily a smile. "It's nice to meet you Lily!" She chuckled a bit, trying not to mess up her first impression. "And yeah, you guessed it, I'm Merry." She looked towards the door. "Looks like we are going to be roommates!"

Merry held out her hand for a handshake.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:04 am

Carmen 'Lily' Santo.

DragonBud wrote:
"It's nice to meet you Lily!" She chuckled a bit, trying not to mess up her first impression. "And yeah, you guessed it, I'm Merry." She looked towards the door. "Looks like we are going to be roommates!"

Oh god, she's going to touch me. Lily thought to herself as she begrudgingly took Merry's hand. Alright, I'm wearing gloves, it's all good. Right? Right. Lily shook Merry's hand. Though, a cringe crept through her entire body. Past events made her fear that Merry would overcharge and spazz out any second now. That fear and anxiety soon vanished when she detached from Merry. Lily then took a moment to examine Merry. A cute little, tom-boy like girl. She seemed nice, but a little playful, and childish - Lily doesn't do too well with either. "Looks that way too. Nice to meet you, Merry." With that finally out of the way; Lily walked into the dorm-room, then quickly started setting up her side of the room. Placing all of her items where they should be neatly as possible. She thought that she should at least say something to her room-mate. Unfortunately, Lily wasn't too good at socializing anymore. "So you're new here...? Tell me about yourself." This was a simple question. The only major drawback to asking this is that Merry can ask about her past. Well, Lily didn't want to spill her life story, so Lily was just going to be indirect and vague!

Leon M. Vahan, & Sage L. Pimm.

Lieo wrote:
"But yes, very excited!" He told him. "Though honestly, I'm not sure how I could, well, train with my... "power". It's a little odd. I'd be more comfortable talking about it in private than in front of an entire class."

"You'd be surprised how you can improve your power." A friendly, almost sarcastic, smile crept up on Leon's face. He figured that he should give Jesse a few words of encouragement. "Especially with a power like mine. Even I didn't know how I could improve it." Leon's 'gaze' shifted to a random person all the way across the room. With Leon using the God's eye to observe the person for a few moments. "Point is, that's why you should experiment, train, practice - With time, you'll find some way to improve your power." Leon didn't bother asking about Jesse's power. Since he knew it wouldn't go anywhere. It was best if they discuss it in private, should they have further interactions.

On the other hand, Sage decided to address Jesse being less than comfortable with discussing his power. Understandable, Sage was certain that not too many people really tell the truth about their power if asked. Whether lying about the whole thing or other details. To the point where it's better to just see someone's power in action, opposed to just asking them. Of course, Sage was finally with telling anyone about it's own power. Sage spoke just to throw out an observation, "Not too many people are comfortable with talking about their powers to begin with. That, or they don't want anyone knowing about it. Why, is the question. Sometimes their power just...." Sage shrugged, before continuing, "... Alienates people."

"That's right, Sage. Which is why me and the other instructors have adopted a sort of 'show, don't tell' policy. Letting everyone use as much power as they are comfortable with." Leon responded to Sage. He briefly turned his head to Sage, then back to Jesse. However, as much as people tried to hide their power; it will come to light one way or another. "... Of course, nothing escapes these eyes." Leon tapped the side of his head closest to his glasses. "Anyway, you can always come to one of the power instructors and discuss it with one of them in private."

Drake D. Blackmore.

True Night wrote:
"He's found you." Seth responded to Drakes unpointed statement. "Strange that we should be paired together, but a pleasure nonetheless. Come. I know this place like the back of my hand, I've had this room number before."

"Ah." Drake says, stuffing the keys into his pocket. Facing Seth, and giving him a confident smile. Like he usually does. He went along with to the room he was assigned. Well, Drake never really used his room that much in general. Only to sleep, and change clothes. Most of his time was spent out of his room. Because in his head; there's always something more exciting going on outside his room! Most of the time. After he gets everything set up; he's going to head out to go smoke, those nicotine cravings were screaming to be satisfied. Maybe he'll go find Cineheart, or Val. Once both of them made it to their room, Drake took the honors of opening the doors. He smirked and stepped inside. He took two good looks at the room and said, "Okay, I think I've seen enough." He laughed a bit. He was the least bit impressed by the room. Drake was just about ready to leave. But he decided to tell Seth a few things, "Alright, I'm not really the type that uses these rooms for anything but sleeping. So, expect me to be somewhere else almost all the time. Oh yeah, and I like to walk around shirtless."
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:41 am

Angel

Angel shivered a little bit when she saw the spiders crawl from out of Vespera's clothes, but decided that it would be best to simply play the spiders off. It would not be good to piss off a roommate who had spider powers. Angel turned the chair around and sat back down, stretching her wings out so that they rested unfolded on each side of the chair.

"I'm not afraid of spiders if you're not afraid of the dark." Angel tried to look as dark and foreboding as possible before she returned to painting her toenails that same blood red color. Being creepy around this girl would be the best option, and Angel could do creepy very well. "Okay so number one thing I need to know about you before we continue here," Angel said, trying to look slightly disinterested by painting her toenails "what are your powers exactly?"

Jasmine

"You got my experiment wrong Mel. I was attempting to figure out if the distribution of the cat's mass would allow it to land on its feet like the old wise tales say that it does. Rabbit and monkeys don't land on their feet, and so I had to use a cat. I did not, however, expect it to explode when it hit the bottom of the shaft and do several hundred dollars worth of damage to the school's elevator system which I by the way took from your private account. A twenty-seven digit password? Really? You should know that it takes at least fifty-four digits to even pose a slight challenge to me." Jasmine sat back down on her chair and took a sip of her coffee before continuing.

"And quite honestly I know that I could go and easily get the weapons myself but all I had with me were my shurikens and a boring nine millimeter. I figured that instead of busting in and stealing those inferior weapons that I could just have you draw me better ones. And this time try not to make the laser pistol too hot to hold. You burned my hand so badly I had to get my tattoo redone. In addition," Jasmine continued, reading her text messages "you will draw nothing that watches me while I sleep unless it is Benedict Cumberbatch, and then I'd be forced to murder you and have him take your place as my roommate." Benedict Cumberbatch, as Mel already knew, was the only famous human that Jasmine had ever developed a crush on. She claimed that it made her more...human. While Jasmine listened to Mel's reply, she pulled one of her suitcases onto the bed and began to unpack it. In the suitcase were two things: clothing, which Jasmine placed in her dresser, and coffee mugs wrapped in bubble wrap, which Jasmine placed in one of the cupboards of the mini kitchen. She had quite the collection due to her caffeine addiction, including one mug shaped like the TARDIS and another that was holographic. It said on it "I hate..." and under that would change to a different thing that Jasmine hated depending on the angle you were looking at it from.

Neal

When Neal walked into his room, he immediately walked across the room, rolling suitcase in hot pursuit, and flopped down on the bed. His old dorm room was...damaged -according to the security, one of his walls was destroyed by a grenade in a cat- and so now he had this new one to decorate with sculptures and paint splatters. He simply laid there face-down in the comfortable mattress for a minute or so, completely relaxed.

Quote :
"Um... So, Neal, can you tell me a bit about the school? The place was cool and all, but I'd like to know a few pointers. Oh, and people I should know of."

When Jake spoke, Neal moved as if he had a tarantula on his back and rolled to a seated position at the end of the bed, facing Jake.

"Oh yeah sure bro." Neal replied "Well for starters, don't break curfew. From 6AM to 10PM every night you have to be in the dorm. And trust me, they legit enforce that sh*t. I got caught once for going outside at 5AM to work on a sculpture. Secondly, stay away from Headmaster Dellamorte. I don't know what's up with him, but he f*cking creeps me out. Thirdly, pretty much ignore whatever Professor MacDonald says to you. He likes to make newbies think that he's some sort of evil mad scientist. Fourth, don't hit on Jasmine Chang no matter what. She's really hot but she's a freaking weirdo. She once broke someone wrist for hitting on her. Oh, and stay away from her friend Mel. She's worse. Fifth, if you feel like you're being watched, immediately stop what you're doing. That power trainer Leon can see, like, everything and I swear he's stalking people. Besides that, just don't piss anyone off who seems freakishly strong or freakishly insane and you just might survive this school. Oh, and class schedules should be out any day now."

Eli Vaughn

Spoiler:

Eli Vaughn arrived at his dorm room for his first year at Academy 218 with a smile on his face and a calm, reassuring look ever-present in his pure blue eyes. He had left the cafeteria at around 4, and had spent the last hour and a half exploring his new campus. He took a tour of each wing, greeting several teachers and students along the way warmly. Eli was one of those guys who, despite his awkwardness, often made friends very easily. People just...trusted him. Now he hoped to make another friend, though this friend was more important than the others, for Eli would have to spend an entire year in a dorm with this friend. Eli felt kind of nervous when he used his key card to open the door to his dorm room. There was a funny feeling about him, as if he had just opened the Pandora's Box and let the monsters escape. Something was starting right now for Eli; something mysterious and paranormal. In the pit of his stomach Eli felt pangs of dread begin to emanate. He got that way sometimes when something bad would happen soon; call it a premonition or maybe a side effect of his aura. Eli shrugged it off, however, and entered the room.

"Is anyone here?" he called out, looking around the dorm with interest.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 pm

"Heh, maybe." Jesse said with half-hearted amusement. The more he thought about what Leon said, the more confused he became. Mr. Vahan just seems so sure of himself, that I too can improve upon my ability. But to what extent? And how? As far as he was aware, all he could do was see these things. He wasn't sure what he could do with that - build a stronger connection with these beings? Practice commanding them? But they phased through walls and people, it's not like they could retrieve anybody or anything. That and... they were scary. He literally knew not a thing about them and had no idea how dangerous they could be if they were pissed off one way or another. Despite his doubt in himself and his abilities, part of Jesse wanted to believe Leon.

Sage tossed in her own two cents, her perspective on people and on the topic of revealing their abilities to others. There was truth in what she says, for certain, but he felt that there might be even more to it than that - but out of preference of not getting into an conversation of any semblance to philosophical debate, he opted out of sharing his feelings on that matter. "I suppose so," Jesse shrugged in response to Sage, "my, uh, power is kind of taboo I think. I mean, so is ice and fire and light and super eyes. All superpowers are in general, but I feel set apart to some degree. I don't think I actually have much control over it."

Jesse sighed. He was talking too much about it. His eyes trailed off to the side, glancing at one of the apparitions that was gliding its way alongside himself, prompting a nervous chill to crawl up his spine. His fingers fidgeted to get a better grip on his bags.

"But, uh, never mind that though. I guess I'll figure it out for myself over time. Thank you for your help Mr. Vahan."
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Merry hadn't noticed any sort of shudder or flinch from Lily, as she was too nervous herself. Her nerves only grew as she followed her new roommate into the room, watching her unpack her belongings. Merry followed her example, lifting her bags onto her bed as if they weighed nothing, and began to remove things form them. Unlike Lily, Merry didn't put too much time or care into unpacking. This was likely to cause problem later, since she was rather prone to losing things. It would suck if tomorrow, right before classes begun, she couldn't find a match to her shoe. As she unpacked her noticed how quiet it was. Only the sounds of drawers and zippers filling the silence. Merry stiffened a bit, noticing the almost awkward atmosphere as neither one of the girls wanted to be the first to speak. Luckily for Merry, Lily decided to be the one to break the silence.

Allen wrote:
"So you're new here...? Tell me about yourself."

It was an innocent enough question, one that could be answered in many ways. Unfortunately for Merry her answer was most likely to be boring. And the last thing she wanted to do was bore her roommate. She could always lie, try to make her story more interesting, but honesty was the best policy. Or at least her mother would always say that. As Merry was tossing some unfolded clothing into her drawers she spoke. "Yeah, I'm a first year student. I was given the opportunity to attend since I was much younger though, but my mother didn't want me to leave the house so little." Merry paused a moment, unloading a tangled heap of electronic chargers. "And I hate to say it, but I'm pretty boring. I have never really did anything fun or exciting with my life. I live with my parents and little sister. My mother just wants us all to be a normal, happy, American family." Merry allowed herself a quick smile before turning to Lily. "I'm sure you're more interesting." This was Merry's way of indirectly asking Lily about herself.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Seth

"Oh, that's perfectly fine. The rooms aren't much to look at. Especially after you've attended here as long as I have." Seth looked Drake over and could tell what he was probably going to do now. He was going through nicotine withdrawal, and a smoke seemed the logical course of action. There was still some time before curfew, so he might find something else to do after that. "I normally don't hang around myself, but I have lots of things to set up tonight." At the shirtless comment Seth smiled. "It's much too cold for that out here, as for inside were both guys. Guess I'll see you later then." Seth stepped into the room and located the first of many bags and went to work.

Vespera

Once the last spider had landed on the sill Vespera turned towards Angel. She took off her veil making her glowing red eyes even more visible in the gloom. "Afraid of the dark? Surely you must be joking." She took a quick peek in her bag to make sure there was a bag of blood for later, incase she ever got hungry during curfew. Many a time she had managed to sneak out without being caught, but it was easier just to have what she needs beforehand. "It's good that you aren't afraid of spiders, and don't worry about me I don't bite." After a brief pause she added. "Much." For she really did bite, but no way was she going to sink her teeth into Angel. "You want to know about my powers? I'm just a harmless spider that feels safe in the shadows." Above the bed She was assigned a black spiderweb materialized, it was barely visible in the low light. Vespera crawled up into it and made herself comfortable. "So what about yourself? You look like a fallen angel to me."
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Leila Gabrielle Septim

Leila shook her head, slightly more aware of Gabe's presence but overall...detached. Her replies were a second or two late, as if she was distracted and not realizing that Gabe was talking to her for a little while. A harsh, short laugh escaped her lips, and Leila felt a strange kind of trust with Gabe. There was no doubt whatsoever that Gabe did not give two sh*ts about her, but it was admittedly better than the fake sympathy people seemed to ooze out for the crazy girl or the veiled disdain her sister and mother were fond of exhibiting.

Cry me a river, Leyls. The only thing keeping you down is yourself. Envy muttered, sitting beside Gabe and knitting something roughly similar to Gabe. Periodically, she peeked over at Gabe and changed her patterns to match.

"No...not homesick. I'm not really planning on going back home for a while."

Why not, Leila? A sensation that was both entirely uncomfortable and very much comfortable began pulsating through Leila, which she struggled desperately to shut out of her mind. I know it's not real damnit. Stop it. Stop, all of you. ...you don't even miss some of your old...acquaintances? The ones I helped you meet?

It's funny, Leila. Lust wouldn't get the better of you so often if you were pretty enough to get guys on your own, you know? Without having to be a nymphomaniac. I mean, honey, we're talking teenage guys here. It doesn't take much to make their pants drop, but even you have some difficulty...

Leila's fingers dug into the sides of her head. No. Shut up. I am pretty.

Exquisite, even. Pride murmured.

Agreed, Leila. You are quite gorgeous...and it would be a shame to let that go to waste...Gabe's already said she has a taste for women...why don't you sate it for her?

Damn all of you. Leila wondered vaguely how the hell she was going to fall asleep, they were all being so much worse than usual tonight-

I can help with that Sloth drawled, lying comfortably on Leila's bed. If you're interested.

Valery Arsov

Having already arranged his things in his room earlier, Val didn't bother going up and checking out his dorm. He could meet his roommate a little while later-for now, he was a bit more focused on finding Drake in the reception hall again, as he'd told the young Blackmore he'd meet up with him there. For all his mischievousness, Val did try to stick to his promises when he made them. Leaning back casually against a pillar, Val watched the hustle and bustle of the Academy unfold around him. He'd been at the Academy for several years, but the arrival of a new class always brought up a nice rush of nostalgia in him. Ah, back when I was young and innocent.

Breath misting out before him, Val began meandering around, looking for Drake, any of his old friends (Val had a considerable number of old friends, mostly because anyone he talked to got classified as "old friend" in his book), or perhaps a lovely lady waiting to be swept off her feet. Chicks dig foreign guys, right?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 4:34 am

Drake D Blackmore.

"Cool. I'm going to head out for a second" Drake says before hauling out of his dorm-room. Preparing everything can come later. Seth didn't look like the type who'd mess with his things, so he had nothing to worry about. As Drake ran, he pulled out his carton of cigarettes and slid one in his mouth. He didn't light it until he got outside. There, he enjoyed a cigarette in the cold until it was at it's end - Like all good things. That should starve off his cravings. After a few minutes; the cigarette was all gone. So, he took a few minutes to look around. Hopefully he won't end up on the girl's side and look like a perv. Eventually, he came across something interesting. The student lounge.

A large room with hard-wood floors and light green-ish white wallpapers. The room is quite massive, made to accommodate a large percentage of students at a time. The room was full of objects like couches, sofas and chairs. Since the room is designed to be a hangout for the students, and for them to connect to each other. So there's plenty of games, mostly for multiple people, scattered around the room. Virtually everything. Chess, Foosball, pool, etc. There's even tables for poker and black jack if anyone wants to try it. There were speakers mounted on certain spots in the lounge.

Lieo wrote:
"my, uh, power is kind of taboo I think. I mean, so is ice and fire and light and super eyes. All superpowers are in general, but I feel set apart to some degree. I don't think I actually have much control over it."

"Heh, when you're here; ain't no power a taboo." Leon says. One of the problems for some of the first year students is getting them out of the mindset that they're supposed to keep their powers a secret. Then again, in a week or so, they're usually out of that mindset and much more open with their power. Which was what Leon expected with Jesse. Leon hadn't forgotten what he saw when he looked into Jesse. But Leon isn't particularly persistent. When Jesse is ready to discuss his power, so will Leon. But it seems that Jesse isn't too fond of his power. "Let me tell you something, Jesse," Leon turned his body to the side, crossing his arms, and putting his hand on his chin. Like he was in a state of thought. Then he spouted out something, "Loooots of people come in here saying that they can't control their powers. Then they leave here saying that they can. The problem that they had before was that they... Didn't have the right environment to gain control you know." These students spoke of were in the minority. Some powers are impossible to control... To turn off. All that the teachers could do is hope that it isn't too bad.

All this talk of Jesse's power had convinced Sage of one thing; that it's a power that it doesn't want to know. Sage certainly isn't the social type: it gave people their space. Knew where to tread, and when to leave people alone. So, it's safe to say that Sage wasn't going to ask about Jesse's power if it's that bad. If it becomes a problem, then Sage will get a little more curious. In Sage's case, it never found it's power a taboo at all. More of a gift of sorts. People were... Nicer, more open, in the presence of an Angel. But Sage had one bit of advice for Jesse; "If your power is so bad, I'd suggest... keeping your head down..." Sage looked around the room. Before adding a bit more explanation to it's advice; "Some people here... Get curious. They might get a bit overzealous and try hard to find out. Me? I don't really mind it at all. Your secrets are your own."

Jake V. Valos.

Maxx wrote:
"Oh yeah sure bro." Neal replied "Well for starters, don't break curfew. From 6AM to 10PM every night you have to be in the dorm. And trust me, they legit enforce that sh*t. I got caught once for going outside at 5AM to work on a sculpture. Secondly, stay away from Headmaster Dellamorte. I don't know what's up with him, but he f*cking creeps me out. Thirdly, pretty much ignore whatever Professor MacDonald says to you. He likes to make newbies think that he's some sort of evil mad scientist. Fourth, don't hit on Jasmine Chang no matter what. She's really hot but she's a freaking weirdo. She once broke someone wrist for hitting on her. Oh, and stay away from her friend Mel. She's worse. Fifth, if you feel like you're being watched, immediately stop what you're doing. That power trainer Leon can see, like, everything and I swear he's stalking people. Besides that, just don't piss anyone off who seems freakishly strong or freakishly insane and you just might survive this school. Oh, and class schedules should be out any day now."

Jake listened to Neal's advice very closely. So far, these are all things that he can abide to. Jake doesn't start trouble, nor does he go around flirting with random girls. The teachers could be a problem, that he can handle. The Headmaster might be someone he'll want to avoid - Not that they'll be too much interacting between them to begin with. The only thing is Gabe could be a problem. She's quick to anger, and even quicker to violence. But with Jake around, that's rather downplayed. "Cool. I won't have any problem with that..." Now the conversation can go two ways; either Jake finds some way to continue it, or he concludes it here and head off somewhere. Maybe the former is the better choice. Neal isn't that bad of a guy so far. He's the kind of room mate that Jake wants. Not a loud asshole. So, he'll try to get to know Neal some more. "So Neal, can you tell me a bit about yourself..? Like what you like to do for fun and..." A simple question. "Oh, and know any places you can just... hang out?" In truth, such a place like a club or a cafe will be nice because there has to be something to do other than study, train, and stare at the walls of your room.

Gabriela M. Valos.

Shade wrote:
"No...not homesick. I'm not really planning on going back home for a while."

With a shrug, Gabe continued to knit, whatever. Things have seemed to have getting (Slightly) better since their less than stellar first introduction. Only time will tel, but Leila will get on Gabe's good side by being submissive. "Hmph, ya' prefer to be here then? What, they renounce ya' for being a Meta?" That was just a way to keep the conversation going. Gabe had heard of families that disown their children after learning their Meta-humans. Which is why Gabe is more glad that the Valos family are metas than rich.

Carmen 'Lily' Santo.

DragonBud wrote:
"Yeah, I'm a first year student. I was given the opportunity to attend since I was much younger though, but my mother didn't want me to leave the house so little." Merry paused a moment, unloading a tangled heap of electronic chargers. "And I hate to say it, but I'm pretty boring. I have never really did anything fun or exciting with my life. I live with my parents and little sister. My mother just wants us all to be a normal, happy, American family." Merry allowed herself a quick smile before turning to Lily. "I'm sure you're more interesting."

A normal happy American family? Jesus, that's all I want. More than being here. In truth, Lily didn't find Merry 'boring', just lived a better life than her. When super-villains want you for your power, then it's understandable. However, Lily was less than energetic about sharing he past with Merry... Wait. That's it. Lily can tell Merry about the time before she got her power. "I'm just a girl that's no more interesting than anyone else. I lived in... New York. And just made friends, and had fun before I just up and came here."

Last edited by Mr Allen J on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:14 pm

"Oh, thank you." Jesse said to Sage. He wasn't sure how he should feel about the advice  he was given. On one hand,  it gave him perspective on some of the students here, and that it was good to avoid the topic of powers altogether. But he wasn't sure at the same time; he didn't think it was dangerous.  Sort of. Jesse actually had no idea what those things he sees are capable of. He didn't know if they were waiting for something or just simply being. Assuming he cannot assert any control over them, then his ability was completely useless... maybe he can practice with it tonight if it were at all possible.

Mr. Vahan seemed sure and he is a power trainer, so maybe he knows what he is talking about.

"Well, it is starting to get late. I should find my roommate and get settled in. Goodnight and thank you again for your help. "

So Jesse gripped his bags and started to walk away. But then a thought hit him. Jesse immediately went straight back to Leon.

"Didn't you say something about an all seeing eye?" Jesse askef. The anxiety in his voice was clear. Mingled in with that, sounded of hope. "Does that mean you can see... *them* too?"

Part of Jesse doubted it. No one could ever see or hear them like he can. But part of him also wanted to believe it. So that he isn't alone in his haunting. There was of course the matter of Sage overhearing,  though at this point, he actually felt comfortable with her knowing. She seemed nice and he was starting to trust her. Even if just a little.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:34 pm

Allen wrote:
"I'm just a girl that's no more interesting than anyone else. I lived in... New York. And just made friends, and had fun before I just up and came here."

Merry nodded at this, as if trying to tell Lily that she was listening, but just wasn't sure what to say. '"New York huh? That sounds rather exciting!" Merry continued working on the tangle of chargers as she tried to think of more to say. This conversation was going down fast. Merry normally found conversations easy, with her friends that is, maybe it was just hard because they had only just met each other and didn't have much to say. "I grew up in a rather small town myself, but I have always wanted to go and visit New York, it seems like a fun place." Merry was losing steam fast, time for a subject change.

Asking about powers seemed too easy, and they would eventually know each other's powers during classes and what not. She would have to be a bit more creative. "So when I first got here I ran into two really funny teachers." She looked up at Lily, almost hitting herself in the face with a suddenly free changer. "They seemed really laid back and cool." She retuned to her work. "Have you met anyone interesting here?"
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:11 pm

Lieo wrote:
"Didn't you say something about an all seeing eye?" Jesse askef. The anxiety in his voice was clear. Mingled in with that, sounded of hope. "Does that mean you can see... *them* too?"

"Yes... I possess The Eye of Provenience. With a bit of effort, I can see all." Leon says, turning towards Jesse. This was a turn of events that Leon was hoping for, happening faster than he previously expected in fact. The ghosts that Jesse is connected to. The ghosts that Leon saw when he looked into him. He wondered if this was the proper place to discuss what Leon saw. Well, no one was particularly paying attention other than Sage... And it wasn't going to tell anyone about this anytime soon. "And yes, I can. Which is what got me interested in you in the first place. To me, they looked like a bunch of ghosts - But you should know more than me."

For a moment, Sage thought about whether it should be here or not in this discussion. Hm. They don't seem to mind it's presence. Sage was a little curious... So it was going to stick around until asked to leave. "Ghosts...?" Sage quietly muttered to itself. It wasn't that hard of an idea to swallow. Sage is a living angel among men. Ghosts might not be too strange, even here. But it might be something else completely. Which is why Sage is going to wait right here.

Carmen 'Lily' Santo.

DragonBud wrote:
"So when I first got here I ran into two really funny teachers." She looked up at Lily, almost hitting herself in the face with a suddenly free changer. "They seemed really laid back and cool." She retuned to her work. "Have you met anyone interesting here?"

Hm. Lily thought about the few people she met so far. There was Adam, Leon, Sage, Jesse... Only Leon really stood out to her. With his ability to use the all seeing eye. "Met a few people so far... I met one of the power instructors, Leon, who has this power to... Well, see all. Then there was Adam, the other one... Who didn't really approve of me being here. Then there was this Androgynous person, Sage, who made stuff really bright...." Then Lily realized that this conversation wasn't really going anywhere. "Perhaps we can... head out. You know, try to look for a hangout-like spot... if this place even has one..."
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:58 pm

He sighed relief. This was good, this meant Leon could help him with this. But what was that he said? He only seemed to see them when Jesse was around. He attracted Leon's attention because of them. Whatever he did that allowed him yo see the apparitions, it was through Jesse somehow. This meant there was still something that set him apart from the others, that there was still a problem. Jesse shook his head in denial. "I'm afraid not. I know I can communicate with them or something, something similar has happened before. But I haven't deliberately tried to talk to them before. Though if there's anything I do know... I, uh, I think it's that they aren't ghosts. They're something else."

Jesse shrugged. "That's all I think I know. Maybe we can talk about it in the morning some more. I am getting pretty tired. "
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:17 pm

Leila Gabrielle Septim

"Yeah. Renounced me. But I wouldn't really say I'm a-"

Silence! What do you think telling them you're not a meta will accomplish? Greed hissed, a slithering voice full of anger and disdain.

Cover the silence Leila. "a perfect fit here..."

"...perfect fit here. I don't know."

Direct the conversation back to her.

"What about you? Same deal happen to you, or...?"

Leyls, honey, if I were your delightful little roommate- Leila smirked to herself-a great many words described Gabe, but "delightful" didn't seem to be one of them--I'd wonder why you were facing the wall so much. I know you're bothered by us, sweetie, but maybe lie down. Draws less attention to yourself, and that's really the last thing you want.

On the contrary, Lust mused, The more attention, the better.

Gonna have to go with Envy on this one.

Perhaps. But the loneliness will get to you eventually. And then you'll go with me.

Lust was quiet for a while after that, but it shook Leila, mostly because she knew it was true.

Valery Arsov

Val, having lost track of where Drake meandered off to and lamenting the dwindling number of gorgeous ladies, heartthrobs, femme fatales, etc, in the reception hall, figured he might as well go and wait by his dorm to greet his new roommate, whomever he was. Humming to himself, Val walked down the hall, and was certainly a conspicuous figure. Messy grey and white hair, matched by an equally greyed beard, topped off by the black leather eyepatch over his left eye (and, periodically, if he shifted the wrong way and you had a sharp eye, you'd notice a glint of light behind it, which normally doesn't happen with missing eyes). He got to his room and fumbled for his key.

"Sh*t. I have lost it already. Huh. Maybe roommate has locksmith powers or something." Val leaned back against the doorframe, humming contentedly, and sent puffs of icy mist out from his mouth to pass the time. Val was easygoing: being locked out of his dorm on the first day honestly wasn't even a concern for him. Between that, and chilled drinks, Val made for a pretty decent roommate.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:27 am

7:06 PM

Two hours later, when the night fell and the snow fall returned. Most of the students had gotten situated in their dorms.

((Yup, timeskip.))

Adam L. Blackmore, Megan E. Jervious, & Leon M. Vahan.

Spoiler:

After the teachers had assisted everyone in getting to their rooms, Leon, Megan, and Adam had gathered in the teacher's lounge. Each of them sitting in a different comfortable sofa that all faced the center of the room (Which had a fancy red rug). They were having a chat about what they've done on the first day of the academy reopening. Adam was holding a clipboard with the first students who will be apart of his class - Given to him by those higher than them. He examined it very closely. This was important since he needed to know who was going to attend his class.

Adam's class :

So far it appears that Adam is going to be teaching some of the new students, and a handful of the returning ones. Staring intently at his clipboard, Adam noticed a few things. First there were quite a few students whom the school didn't even know their powers. Which can be a cause of minor concern... Especially those with dangerous powers. Though not even the most subtle power use escapes Adam, and Leon can see everything. Second, he was teaching some of the more problematic students. Such as Vespara and Jasmine. Adam would rather prefer to dump them on someone else and let them be their problem - But it's out of his hands. He was going to have to adapt to the situation rather than complain about it. "Hmmmm.... Looks like we have a rather large class this year, eh?" Adam says to his friends Leon and Megan.

"Ah this school year will just be sooo lovely! Everyone is just so nice and interesting." Megan says with her usual British accent full of eccentrics. She was sitting down on the sofa with her legs crossed and a wine glass full of fine red wine in one hand. "I just met one of the sweetest little girls named Leila. She was just trying so hard to hide how troubled she truly is... Ah, but she certainly isn't fooling anyone if I can see right through it, can she?"

Voicing his input after Megan was Leon, he had a bored expression on his face and had one leg over the other one, "Your eyes are no where near good as mine, hah, so your suspicions of little Leila could be wrong." Leon paused for a moment to shrug. "Guess some people are just like that."

A devious smirk crept up on Megan's face as she took a tiny little sip out of her wine, lowering her head slightly. "Ah, when has my intuition ever been wrong, Leon? She's like several other vagrants that stumble in here yearly. They are ashamed of past mistakes, and afraid of what will happen if they lose control..." She laughed slightly.

"Hmph. Regardless of what her power may be, or what her past contains; I will be keeping an eye on her. Along with a handful of students." Adam inserts himself into the conversation. Taking peaks at the clipboard with students. "Have you two encountered anyone else of particular note?"

Leon crossed his arms and thought back to earlier when he met Jesse. "There was this one kid, Jesse... Saw into him and saw these ghosty things... Even he didn't have a clue about what they were." Leon shrugged again and thought about where Jesse is now. "Doesn't seem like he's a threat though."

"Given that we are the power instructors; we will likely explore his power one way or another." Adam says, pushing his glasses up his nose. "My main concern is a Meta-human named Lily... Or Carmen Santo. Her power is an accident waiting to happen..."

"Ah, the old... 'accident waiting to happen' idiom..." Megan says, another grin creeping on her face. "Funny thing is that term can be applied to all of us, Mr. Blackmore! It's all a matter of whom has a better grip on their own situation..."

"Perhaps... But she has the power to supercharge the power of whoever she touches to the point of overcharge... While I don't know what standards Santo has; I just fear that she'll slip up and overcharge someone and we'll have a major accident."

There was utter silence from Megan. Until she says under her breath "... Interesting..."

Dexter 'Rush' Chertok.

After having his entire day hijacked by Miss Jervious, Rush was understandably a bit drained. He finally had returned to his room, his technological sanctuary. He already had set up one half of the room that would be his own. It was already a mess of wires, scrap and tools that Rush had left lying around. It was an utter mess - Fortunately he hasn't touched the other side of the room, which was left for his room mate and pristine. Rush jumped on to the bed and pulled out his laptop. Well, it was more of a Frankenstein of a machine that he had put together himself and actually improved it. Untraceable, unhackable, and with a bit of effort; can tap into the various databases of the school. He unfolded it and turned it on, patiently waiting for everything to start. He was looking in his email for something, perhaps he got an Email from someone like Ray. Only to see a mysterious message in his email titled only "hello". Normally such an email would be deleted without mercy, but Rush was going to give it a look for his own amusement. Likely going to be a scam for idiots. He opened it to get something a bit more interesting.

Quote :
Dexter Chertok, I am the Man in the Mirror. A party that is interested in employing your talents of the technological. I am a figure that exists in this school that knows a great deal about the school. Including the change that's necessary. Headmaster Dacious is a very corrupt individual that is behind a great deal of atrocities - Which he has covered up using his powers. Removing him from power won't be easy, the entire school must know of what kind of man he is. That is why I request that you assist me. Believing me may be hard, but I will do all that's necessary to make you trust me. You must understand that I don't have the tools or skill set to assist you directly, but I can point you in the right direction, and get you some allies. As a sign of good-will, I have recovered some of your confiscated inventions. Look under your pillow.

Dacious must be brought down. Together we can meet that goal. Contact me back if you agree to help me.

Who is this? Calls for revolution. Should I trust? Rush narrowed his eyes as he immediately went into 'Rush-mode' His mind was quickly clouded with thoughts, all about this revelation before him. On one hand, this could be a prank, just to get a quick laugh... On the other hand, Rush, among many other students, really don't like the Headmaster. In Rush's case, he already knew there was something up with Dacious from the time he hacked the headmaster's computer and saw things. Such as students gone missing and other secret projects. Rush had kept it to himself in fear that it'll only make him a target, and fuel for later. But know...
Rush was interested in this Man in the Mirror - What he may know, and what help he may be.

But the first thing Rush did was look under his pillow, flipping it over. Hoping that it'll be as the mirror man said. Rush smiled a bit upon seeing that some of his riskier gadgets were there. The first invention of note was Rush's custom taser, put together from parts of guns (Fire-arms, nerf guns and actual tasers), that actually fires a shocking dart. No matter how hard Rush tries to sneak it in, they always find it. Mainly because it's a dangerous firearm. Next up was Rush's electronic disruptor, one press of the button and all electronics will spazz out until it's off.  While he can do that himself, he only really made it just to give someone else. Finally, Rush's various home made bombs were here, his smoke and tear gas bombs. So now the little technomind has been armed with his best weaponry. Rush neatly lined up all of his inventions on his bed as he turned his attention back to his laptop.

Whatever the man in the mirror did to get these; he knew exactly what to do is get Rush's trust. He was now aligned to the goal of exposing the headmaster. He replied with: Will follow orders. Ready to expose headmaster. For what he really is. First course of action? Rush quickly typed as fast as his fingers could. Sending the message. Now he was going to play the waiting game. Everyone loses waiting game.

After a few minutes; Rush noticed that somebody was coming in the room. Obviously his room-mate.

Drake Blackmore, Jake Valos, Gabriela Valos, & Lily Santo.

Spoiler:

After spending a little bit of time in the student lounge, Drake found himself three people to talk to; Jake, Lily, and Gabe. They all settled down to play a nice little game of poker. They all had found themselves a seat, and each sat at a different corner of it. Cards in hands. So far Drake was winning - With Gabe in second place, Jake in third, and Lily in last. He had a smug look on his face and spoke, "So far it appears that you all can't match my superior poker skills... That's not that bad you know." Drake says as he unveils his poker hand, ace-high flush.

Slightly annoyed, and with her feet kicked up on the table, Gabe unveils her hand, a royal flush, the best hand."Wouldn't get cocky if I were ya' Blackmore." Gabe says, a sarcastic smirk on her face.

On the other hand, Lily and Jake have lesser hands. Lily pulled a four-high flush, and Jake a Three of a Kind. Which meant that Gabe won this round.

"Ya' all got terrible poker faces! Hahaha..." Gabe laughs it off in her face.

"How can you see that well? You have one eye!" Lily moans, expecting Gabe to have the disadvantage here since she has one eye.

"Believe me, she has adjusted well." Jake says.

"Heh, I'm the one you'd want to have one eye. I'm the one winning. What are those scores again...?" Drake boasts about his skill like he always done. His arrogance quite obvious. "Well, it should be Drake: 1000, everyone else: zero. Heh."

"Keep talking, I'm just making my come back." Gabe says

"Oh really, Gabe? Maybe we should cut your brother and purple hair out and have ourselves a little one on one."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:08 am

So far, going through all the places and events that had taken place throughout the day in his head, Len found the Academy... Terrible. The boat ride sucked and if not for his power he was pretty sure he would've thrown up on the ship, the cafeteria had too many people and he really didn't want to go to his dorm to find out who he is gonna be stuck with. And so, to avoid finding out, Len had been checking out every place except the dorms. Finally he gave up. He couldn't avoid it for ever.

Len took a wadded up piece of paper out of his pocket and attempted to remove the wrinkles so that he could read the paper. It listed a room number and the name of his roommate. Dexter Chertok, huh? Len sighed, his breath visible in the snowy climate, and shoved the paper back in his pocket as he began walking, slowly passing by different students. At least no one here had called him marshmallow like they did at his old school. He had no idea why his skin and hair was so pale- it was a strange circumstance, really. There was no reason for him to look that way- he didn't have all the traits to be called albino an neuter of his parents looked like him. It took a while for Len to accept it was his power that caused such a circumstance- it took a while for him to accept his power, actually. He would just shrug off pain, not realizing he had done just that. He didn't even realize when he would accidentally pass pain to another person- he wouldn't even notice how the doctor would "just happen" to one down with a headache whenever he got that one bruise on his head and his step mom had freaked out and brought him to the doctor, even though he had told her he was fine. Turned out "fine" meant "almost a concussion" according to the doctor. Funny- he would've never known.

Len finally arrived at the dorm number listed on his paper. He gave himself a quick look-over. Faded jeans, old steel-toe boots, a black button down shirt with a jacket over it. He was a bit chilled, but didn't bother using his power to numb the cold, considering it would be pointless to waste his power on such a dumb thing.

Len opened the door and walked into the room casually, a bored expression on his face. His expression didn't remain static for long, however, as it turned to surprise when he saw his roommate's half of the room. Filled with electronics and other junk, almost like a work shop or some technological lab. His roommate blended in with the items perfectly- re hair, goggles- a nerdy vibe. A brief thought of a show he use to watch as a kid about a mad-scientist boy flashed trough his mind, and Len held in a laugh, somehow successfully returning his expression to one of boredom in the process.

Len stood there awkwardly before nodding at his roommate. "I'm Len," was all he said, still catching glance at all the electronic equipment. He was good with machines and stuff, but not as good as this kid. He had o be a boy genius or something.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)   Academy 218  - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Academy 218 - IC (Act 6: Reverence and Inspirational Misery)
Page 2 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next