Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roleplay Idea Thread

Go down 
+13
Canis_dirus
Celo "The Moms"
DerpaGlerp
ultra
Lieo
Wolf
NicoleRhodes
Mr Allen J
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Maxx
The Stalker of Shadows
Derkal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Hey, I just got a Roleplex account. Just wanted to say hi.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:53 pm

hi. nice to meet you, but please use the General Chat for talking. the thread is for introducing new RP ideas
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:55 am

I've been thinking of making an RP called Decimations. It's a mutant RP. Inspired by Resident Evil. I'll have more info later.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:02 am

You gotta love mutant rps :3
But yeah, from the information given so far it sounds good. Then again I'm positively biased since I like mutant rps... I just end up being too lazy to make a character sheet to sign up for them XD
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:51 am

I thought of the most original RP plot ever. It's about a civil war in the afterlife. Anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:36 am

and now we are in Color: Veins of a new world...
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:20 am

Glict wrote:
I thought of the most original RP plot ever. It's about a civil war in the afterlife. Anyone interested?
JacOat12's Demon World.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 4:39 am

Nothing is completely original this day in age.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:45 am

I have a couple ideas that I think are original...and I fear to share them for this reason. xD
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Sometimes I imagine things I think are original, and then someone tells me about a subject I never heard of that my idea strongly resembles, just by coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:35 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
Sometimes I imagine things I think are original, and then someone tells me about a subject I never heard of that my idea strongly resembles, just by coincidence.

Fun story about that. I once pitched an idea for a story I wanted to write to a friend of mine. I tell him all about this plan I have in my head and most of the plot. He tells me at the end that without having ever read it, I basically just told him the plot of the first Lord of the Rings with a few names switched out. I was like WHAAAAAAAA?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:38 pm

I had an idea about an RP that would be inspired by this book I was reading, along with Op's Othergrounds character, Dragonfly, basically, humans vs. a race of lizard men. The humans would have technology, but would be physically inferior. Reptile people don't have technology, but their abilities would make them strong. Does that sound like it has potential?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:38 pm

I once said we should all be like pandas (Black white and asian) as a joke, only for my friend to tell me he's seen that joke on the internet before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:25 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
I had an idea about an RP that would be inspired by this book I was reading, along with Op's Othergrounds character, Dragonfly, basically, humans vs. a race of lizard men. The humans would have technology, but would be physically inferior. Reptile people don't have technology, but their abilities would make them strong. Does that sound like it has potential?
Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Zar
Newborn
Zar

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 1:00 am

I have an idea for an RP that would be based in the Mass Effect universe, but one would be able to follow it without knowing much. Players would basically be investigating a human planetary colony that has been taken over by a terrorist group for an unknown reason. One would be able to choose from a variety of races, weapons, powers, etc. I asked Darkel about this and he said it was a good idea, but I wanted the opinions of all of you.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 1:39 am

Good idea Very Happy I like it ^^ but you might want to wait until all this school junk several are getting caught in right now to calm down- just a suggestion
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
JazzTap
Newborn
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Gonna plug a Microscope / Diaspora game I've been running, since its pace has been... flagging, let's say. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Currently, we've got two planets and one moon populated. Our goal, broadly speaking, is to work out how the various civilizations thereupon arose and came into contact - with minimal space travel.

Hey, what are these things? wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a system for collaborative worldgen. Instead of moving linearly through history, the idea of it is to drill down from Periods to Events to Scenes that all fall under some Lens and possibly contribute to a Legacy.

Egregious overloading of nouns into Proper Terms aside, it seems like a decent way to bolt together an original setting that everyone has some attachment to.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a hard sci-fi adaptation of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], an RPG system wherein descriptors are used as the stats of most everything. I only know of its existence thanks to Eochaid and wolfji.

Although Diaspora isn't pay-what-you-want like FATE is, it does have a freely-accessible SRD. The system generation rules were sufficiently awesome that I picked up the PDF. (And I picked up a print copy of Microscope a relatively long time ago off a blog's recommendation.)

Also - while poking around my RPG folder, I noticed this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thing (which actually is free) that might be worth a try. Superficially, it is gothic/apocalyptic Pokemon centered upon a single city with an unusual culture - but the crunch and/or fluff can probably be spliced into other games as is useful.

Incidentally, that last comment still stands, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://jatazak.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Idea Thread   Roleplay Idea Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Idea Thread
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7