Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread

Go down 
+5
Lieo
The Stalker of Shadows
ViperaUnion
Maxx
Derkal
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Feel free to not take my criticism then. But as an aspiring writer, you're not exactly in any position to set the guidelines of what kind of criticism is or is not allowed. If you want to be a writer, you'd best set aside your pride because
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:46 pm

I am not positive if I wish to be a writer, because I am torn between career options. Besides, I might join my mother in becoming a saleswoman for origami owl, since she finally got the products she's supposed to sell today. Trust me when I say I am old enough to take a job as one, and If I can get put through college as a chemist or teacher with my earnings, then I'll be a teacher or chemist. People tell me I'm pretty tolerant of little kids compared to others. I don't have any fixed preference for a career, but I prefer one where I can earn money and not worry about not being able to afford to pay taxes. That's mostly what it boils down to, far as what my interests are.

Now that you are aware of my preference far as jobs are concerned, I don't want to debate this any further, because it's making this page an uncomfortable place to be for most people. There's no point in dragging it on for this long, and all it does is tire people out. After you show that you've read this, I am moving this thread and making a new one with the same OP, and advertisements, so that it's a fresh, clean slate.

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:26 am

I love messing with computers. And I'm not good with kids.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

Yeah, the comparison was after I had to deal with my cousins. They're little kids, and I had to supervise them because they wanted to play a game on my computer. I was able to tolerate them, but boy, did I feel tired at the end of the day. I crashed as soon as their parents told them to go to bed or to leave. The adults told me they were impressed, because they wouldn't have been able to endure them for so long.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:33 am

I'm not going to say I'm surprised since I had a job when I was thirteen, but I digress. Yes, roleplaying is meant for fun, and it also happens to be a good writing exercise. Whether or not it's for fun however, does not mean you should attempt to learn, practice, and become a better writer in general. Roleplay to have fun, go ahead, I do it for fun too. But that doesn't mean your skill isn't supposed to improve. You do want to get better, don't you? Your behavior isn't showing me that you do. This is the part where I usually say "stop getting butt hurt about it and just give it some thought". Really, the worst thing you can do is get offended when somebody says a skill or artwork of yours could use improvement. Especially when they tell you how to correct it.

tl;dr, grow up. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:53 am

My sister does all the kid watching at my house. And I get what he's saying. I do write outside of roleplay and trust me when I say without outside help my writin would be a peice of crap in my opinion. Trust me on that. But like I said a minute ago, there is a right way of doing it and a wrong way.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:55 am

I have given it thought. We're now only repeating ourselves, and it's an advertisement, and this debate has effectively messed up the advertisement thread, not that I didn't already do that when I accidentally messed up on Maxx's advertisement. I'm going to fix it.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:52 am

Vipra me and you have mod power we can just clean it up
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:46 am

It's unnecessary, but you may do so if you wish. There's nothing that any of us has to hide, so there's little point to bother yourself with it. Unless of course you're embarrassed with the whole scenario, then feel free.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:34 am

Naw I don't care except for the fact it cluttered up the thread.
Back to top Go down
StormageddonLordofAll
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 7:29 am

Looks to me like a discussion about an advertisement was had and then resolved peacefully. One could argue that the discussion about whether or not to clean it up was clutter, but it just seems more efficient all around to stop and wait for the next person to advertise.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:13 pm

I agee. I will not respond to any posts regarding this matter hencforth. And aware I spelt that wrong.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 pm

I have returned to see a three page long discussion about criticism and how to state it. Neutral

Honestly, there's a difference between constructive criticism and being plain offensive. I find Lieo to be helpful with his words, however they could use some touching up and worded a little better. Wording it is how you'll get the reader to become persuaded to take your advice.

Saying "could you fix this up a wee bit?" is not going to work, I understand that. But saying "hey you, do this, not this" isn't any better.

Saying something like:

"Hey this is pretty good. But I see some problems. Try X,Y, and Z" will get you respect in the long run.

Now I recommend all of you stop talking about the subject and advertise your RPs here instead. If you have any more words you'd like to voice to each other, take it to the PM system.[u]
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Persuasion has nothing to do with it, the only thing that matters is if they really want the advice. Smile

But that topic is getting repetitive and tedious.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Poor choice of words, I meant that basically. Wording them better would make them want to use that advice more.

I agree, I am putting an end to the topic. Any one else who discusses it will have their post deleted or edited and will be mindwarped.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm

As Dyna neared the camp of the River Pride, she got more and more uneasy. Hyenas surrounded her, promising no escape. Scarfang, the cruel mistress of the hyenas, took the lead. Her blue raven eye shined in the coming moonlight that was slowly rising over the horizon. Nightfall was approaching and her clanmates would greatly worry when Dyna's absence was noted. They entered a clearing where many lions and lionesses laid.

At the end of the clearing was a large cliff-like formation which a lion stood on. It overlooked the flowing river that was black with the night. Standing on the ridge was a lion with a black mane. He had reddish brown eyes and on his upper mouth two sharp fangs came down and were exposed above his lower lip, but only a little. The entire right side of his face was scarred, he had been in a terrible incident as a child. Little did Dyna know what exactly had happened. Standing beside the lion were a beautiful lioness and a male hyena. The lioness must have been his favorite, positioned as queen.

"Bow before King Saber!" Scarfang cruelly hissed at Dyna and the other hyenas. They quickly bowed, Dyna however flattened herself on the ground afterwards.

"My king!" Scarfang spoke. "I have found this lioness of the Ridge Pride hunting on your territory!" said the hyena woman with a menacing smile at Dyna,

Dyna would have spoken, but she remained silent. She was one of the more spineless members and often was frowned upon for it. The lion turned around. Saber had a smile on as well, very wicked.

"Well, you know the penalty for hunting on my land" said Saber. He gave a giggle of iniquity. He glanced over his shoulder at the black and blue river and then back at Dyna. He stepped aside and motioned for her to come forward. Dyna got up slowly and peered over the ridge to glance at the shores of the river. Upon the shores stood several mangled, torn apart, lion skeletons. She gasped in horror. Before she could turn around and run away, or speak for that matter, Scarfang pounced and pushed her forward. She quickly was tossed over the edge and fell many meters downward. When she fell, she heard a hard crunch and a pop as she did so. She had broken something.
She fell in very shallow water, the moldy skull of a lioness stood next to her. She glanced over to see the snouts of several reptilian water-dwellers arising from the black murky water.

Saber smiled as many vicious snarls and a few screams followed, rustling and pouncing took place below and within the bites of over thirty hungry crocodiles, Dyna was dead...

"My king, after killing so many of their people, don't you think Ridge Pride will confront us soon about their missing kin?" asked Scarfang.

"I am certain they will. In fact I would expect this to be the blow that makes them come to ask us questions. Gather my patrols, the Ridge Pride warriors will be looking for this one tonight. Make sure they do not pass my borders" said Saber.

"Yes, your highness" said Scarfang, walking back behind Saber. She leapt onto a huge rock and howled into the moonlight. A dark, evil howl emerged from the hyena's lips. All of the hyenas that stood in the camp began to run as fast as they could to gather in front of her, when they were all together, she viciously lead them forward into the night.

The Pride Days

A DarkLord Roleplay
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Go check it out you want a Lonestar approved RP.
Back to top Go down
joural
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:53 am

I read that title

and all I could think was

"The new adventures of Old Christine"

kill me now.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:55 am

joural wrote:
I read that title

and all I could think was

"The new adventures of Old Christine"

kill me now.

Haha....
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Introducing the newest chapter of the Pride Days story...

Once they reached the middle of the camp, they found Sira sitting next to Star. She overlooked he who was sitting on the ground, bleeding. The medical lioness stood examining him. She shook her head and turned around, tears coming from her eyes.
The lionesses sat Jali next to his father. At the sight Star's eyes widened with great surprise. He wanted to come up and greet Jali but his pain subdued him. Jali instead crawled up as much as he could, with some assistance from Taru.

"Father" Jali said. "Jali! I-I-I thought y-you were d-dead-d-d!" Star said. Jali smiled, his eyes were in tears. "I'm alright father, I heard that Saber is dead" said Jali. "Thanks to your brave and courageous brother and you. Taru killed him, and without you're disappearance it never would have happened..."
Jali suddenly felt as though it was his fault, had he not been so foolish as to get so close to the edge of the cliff and be reported dead, he may never have had to lose his father...

"Daddy!" shouted a voice in the fields. A small animal with a sandy pelt brushed over the high grasses. A lion standing by a small creek and drinking from the water turned to see the cub come up and jump onto his back. Star fell over playfully and laughed with his boy. The little cub pretended to bite Star. They were having some sort of play-fight, a lion cub's role play game. Star was the hyena and Jali was the proud lion warrior.

They both began to roll violently into the creek. Star laughed. "Easy now" he said and laughed even more. They both stood up and eased out from the creek. Jali's lightly colored head peered over the horizon. He spotted an object or two in the distance.

"Daddy! There's Gazelle over there!" he said. Star's head came up from the grass. He smiled. "Well, let's go hunt them Jali!" he said. He crouched down on the grass and quietly snuck through the grasses. Jali was right by his side. Star smiled.

After a few moments of being hushed in a quick silence, Star sprung out and caught the Gazelle as it began to run, pulling it rump down onto the ground and biting its neck. That day the two had a great feast, a father and son moment the both remembered. It was far before Taru and Jali remembered it like it was yesterday.

"Daddy, some day will I hunt Gazelle?" asked the cub.
"Of course!" Star said with a laugh. "You'll hunt Gazelle and Wildebeest, you'll hunt hyenas and ostriches, zebras, buffalo, and even giraffes one day, Jali. One day, one day you'll be a king!"

"Really?" Jali said, jumping up with excitement. His mouth was a bit bloody from the carcass that sat before them, but neither minded.
"Yes, I promise, my son" Star said with a kind smile and looking off into the horizon in which the sun was now setting and casting a scarlet blanket over the skies and the clouds were pink with evening. A breeze was in the air, and all was at peace...

--------------------------------

Jali remembered the moment like it was only yesterday. He nudged his father on the nose and licked the side of his face. Star leaned up and did the same on Jali's. "I love you my son, I love you" he said.
Jali's eyes spurted tears. He had heeded the words of Zanita, he did not want to be seen like a crying little kitten, but this was too much even for him. Sira stood next to him and licked the side of his neck and face. Tears were in her eyes. To cover her crying she laid her face in the bend of his shoulder and neck. Jali just kept staring at his father.

"I love you too, dad" said Jali. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you..."

"It's not your fault. I love... you... goodbye... my son..." Star said and he closed his eyes and finally breathed his last....

The lionesses around them all also broke out in tears and ran to their mates for comfort. Star was gone, he had joined the spirits and had parted their world forever...

----------------------------------------------

Saber's death was a glorious one. It seemed as if the very moment he died, everyone was freed. As soon as Nara was slain, it became even more peaceful throughout the land. Scar, as she ran off into the woods, was never seen again...
Now the sun is setting. Jali sits upon a large rock on a hilltop overlooking the savannah. He gave out a roar. His father would have been so proud of him. Star's demise was one that was not done in vain. Jali lives on and has overcome the waters of death. He survived a thirty foot drop and being gnarled by crocodiles. Now he sits with peace in mind and ever so much thanks to the Brushland Clan for their help.

The tides of the rivers were low. There were very few clouds in the sky and the sun sat on top of the horizon line, beaming a hot red scarlet over the plains. Jali's blue eyes sparkled as he gave another roar. The wind blew in his mane which must have grown several inches since the defeat of River Pride.
He looked to his right at Sira. She gave him a smile mixed with some confusion. Gently she licked his ear and laid her head on his shoulder. "What's wrong with the river?" she asked. "Where's all of the water?"

"I don't know" said Jali. "It hasn't rained in a few weeks... I'm sure it will all be fine. It will probably rain soon."
Sira sighed. She was exhausted from the tragedies that had befallen the clan only a few weeks ago. The death of their beloved leader Star still had a grave impact on the pride and Jali was never the same again.
Sira felt a craving for children. She had been inspired only a week or so ago by the miracle that had happened between two other pride members: Kal and Mira. Mira announced that she was carrying cubs and would give birth at a later time. It was also said that Kal was the father and the entire pride was in rejoice.
Sira felt as though her time to have children was near and if she waited, it would be too late. She had not announced her desire to her mate, Jali, yet. She didn't know how to tell him. These thoughts rustled in her head. She was confused to the core of her mind.

Just outside of Ridge Pride territory, another lion lied with three of his sons, two of which had gone out for a bite to eat. Snake was a scoundrel, an outlaw of all of the prides in the area. He was not much of a fighter, but more a thief. He would steal the food of other prides and hunt on their land. He considered all of Kenya his territory, he did what he wanted and whatever he pleased.

When news of Mira's great fortune reached Snake, he was greatly displeased. He had once been a member of Ridge Pride and had been Mira's old mate. He somehow believed that the child was his, for he was possessed with insanity. His oldest son, Var laid down next to him. They both had pure black manes and greenish eyes.
"So what's your plan father? March into Ridge Pride territory and state that the upcoming child is yours? Are you sure about that?" asked Var.
"Partly. I will go in there and state that, then I will demand that they accept me back into the pride. If they do not, I will kill Mira and her child..." said Snake, darkly.
"Are you so sure about that father? There's only four of us. The Ridge Pride has over eight males and twelve females."

"They wouldn't dare to harm us if I took Mira hostage, and Kal would break like a twig" Snake replied licking his paw. Var stared at his paws with confusion. "I see some problems" said Var.
"Like what?" Snake retorted. "They could find a way to contain you before you take her hostage, your not exactly hard to track, dad" Var said eyeing Snake's mangy mane. Snake stunk like dead meat, he would not be hard to find and capture.

"I'll clean myself off in the river."

"There is no river" said Var. "What?" Snake hissed looking at Var in the eye. "What do you mean, there is no river?" he asked. "The water is drying up, it's all turning to mud and dirt now" said Var. Snake stared down at the dirt in front of him and looked back at the direction in which Ridge Pride was located. He returned his glance to Var. "There's no watering holes nearby?"
"All of them are inside of the Ridge Pride camp" said Var. "We'd never make it without being caught..." Snake felt disappointed. He kept staring right at Var.

"Besides father, I think this whole thing is a little... well, ridiculous" said Var. Snake growled and stood up. Var sat up in case of anything sudden. Snake gave a quick scratch to Var's face and the elder son growled.

"Ridiculous is it? That child is mine! Your brother or sister! Do you want it to be raised as an animal for the rest of its life? Do you want it to sleep in the mud with the rest of those Ridge Pride fools? No! This is a rescue mission, not an invasion!" Snake growled. Var felt a pang of shame hit him square in the chest. He felt the need to take his father's word but another part of him said that this was wrong. "Go and find your brothers... Bring them to me..." Snake said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kal and Mira laid down below a large tree whose limbs shaded them. They sat grooming each other. Mira's stomach had fattened. Sira approached them and smiled. "Congratulations" she said tilting her head to the side.

"Thank you, Sira" Mira said with a smile in return. "Your welcome. Your both so lucky" she replied. Sira's beautiful green eyes blinked passionately. Mira and Kal both smiled back. She walked down the camp and laid down in the bushes. Jali's brother Taru sat on a rock a few meters away from her. He laid down on his stomach and his chin laying on the rock. His tail swung around; he must have been bored.

"Hello Sira" he said. Sira smiled back. "Hello Taru" she replied. Taru glanced to his right at the sunset and back at the female.

"How's Jali been doing? I haven't been able to speak to him lately" asked Taru.

"He's doing fine" Sira said. Sira glanced once more at Kal and Mira sitting under the tree and sighed. Taru noticed and new exactly what she was thinking. "You want cubs now too don't you?"
Sira glanced back at him and nodded. "I don't know how to tell him" she said. "I don't even think he wants children."

"I'm sure he'd understand, but knowing my brother... He's not a big fan of having children. He's even told me before that he doesn't want them because when something would happen to them, he'd be heartbroken for the rest of his life. However, Jali loves cubs, I've seen him play with some of the children."
"Well, that's a little understandable" said Sira.
"Do you want me to tell him?" asked Taru.
"No, no, I'm fine. I can do it" Sira replied. "Alright" Taru said. Jali approached and walked past. He gave a greeting nod to Taru and a smile to Sira. She got up and followed him into their large cave carved in the top of the hill. They walked up the large soil path that went up the hill. They then entered the mouth of the cave and were inside and alone. This was the den of Star, but after his death it became Jali's.
"So, how was your day?" asked Jali as he drank from a small pond of water that was isolated inside of the cave. "Oh, my day was fine. Yours?" she asked.
"Fine" said Jali. He continued to drink. Sira sat quietly, her mind in despair. She finally sucked up all of the courage in her body and spoke. "Jali, there's something I need to talk to you about..." she said. Jali quit drinking and turned to her. He licked his wet lips and his bluish eyes began to gaze upon her. "Yes?" he asked.
She didn't know how to start, and almost regretted speaking. But it was too late, she had to finish. "I, I've been thinking lately... It's just a thought I've been having..."
"Yes, Sira?" he asked in confusion. "Well, it's just that," she started again but fell silent. "Just what?" asked Jali.
"Jali, I... I want cubs" she said. Jali stood in silence for a moment. Being young and inexperienced in this sort of situation, he didn't know what to say. His answer could never be no, he loved Sira too much to ever deny a request from her. "Cubs..." he said.

"Yes" she said awkwardly. She could tell he didn't necessarily like the idea, but she awaited his words. He looked up at her. "When?" he asked.
"Now. I'm afraid that if I wait to have children, it will be too late" Sira said walking up to Jali. She licked the side of his face. "Taru told me you wouldn't like the idea" she said.

"It's not that I don't like cubs, I love them. It's just, I'm so afraid that I couldn't be responsible enough or raise them correctly..."

"Don't worry" said Sira, "You'd make a fine father." Jali smiled. "We can never be sure."
"Why not? We can find out," Sira started again and smiled. Jali looked back into her beautiful green eyes. "Can we?" she asked. Jali smiled and licked her ear. Then he looked back at her. "I'd love to" he finally said after a long pause. She smiled and almost giggled. And so a new family would be born.

The Pride Days
The Birth of a Family

A Darklord Roleplay

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Zared wasn't sure what had happened, exactly. He still didn't know what was occurring, even though it should have been obvious. One moment, he had been flying across the sky, in dragon form, when suddenly, he had been grabbed from behind by the tail. His assailant had been smaller than him, perhaps around the size of an average human, but the hands had been tipped with powerful talons, that he could feel digging into his hide. Despite this size difference, the attacker somehow managed to force him down to the ground without being seen, and keep him from taking off again. This surprised him, as his wingspan was three times his length, and he was perhaps the fastest dragon alive, and the best flier. Although he tried to catch a glimpse of the stranger, his vast wings blocked his view, and when he tried to change form, he found that he was unable to do so. Suddenly, he had felt a sharp stinging sensation in one leg, and then, everything had gone numb, right before he blacked out.

When he woke up, he was not sure where he was, and he was also aware that he was in human form, and was tucked into a bed, much like a hospital cot. He didn't know how he had changed back into a human without trying, and he had no clue where he had been taken, or who had knocked him out. He had been kidnapped, but strangely, the place where he was was a far cry from what he had expected. The floor and walls around him were vast and grand, carved from beautifully polished and cut stone, although what kind it was, he was not sure. He tried to lift his arm, and his limbs felt awkward and uncomfortably slow, although he was strangely, not bound by any restraints. He looked around, and saw that, in addition to the bright light in the room coming from arching windows in the walls, and a glass dome structure on the ceiling that let in sunlight, there were cots similar to his on both sides of the rectangular hall, although all of them seemed to be empty. A sweet smell, much like herbs, such as basil and cilantro, seemed to waft about the room.

Overcoming the stiffness in his body, Zared struggled out of the cot, and began to wander the room, eventually finding a large arch on one side of it. He walked through, and found himself in some sort of gigantic courtyard, filled with gardens that grew herbs and flowers, where the sweet scent had come from. Strange birds hopped about the yard, although he did recognize multiple doves of varying color, ranging from white to pale grey. There were also a few predatory species perched in various places, although the other birds did not appear to panic at the sight of them. Butterflies and a variety of other harmless insects flew around the courtyard. A small waterfall jutting out of the ground ran into a large, irregularly shaped pond that appeared natural, yet did not have any mud in it. A small fountain was in the center of the pond, and scattered water that formed a fine mist, and the water droplets created a small rainbow. Trumpeter Swans glided across the water, appearing almost magical with their pure white feathers, and solid black beaks.

Zared jumped when he heard something clicking on the stone floor behind him. When he turned around, he saw that what appeared to be a Griffin had walked up behind him. It's feathers, wings, and fur were a beautiful shade of gold, but its eyes were a warm brown color, instead of a shade of yellow. "Uh...hello...can you help me?" Zared asked, disoriented. The Griffin, he thought, could transform into human form and give him answers, but instead, it cocked its head to one side and examined him. It then grabbed something from its front talons and held it in its beak. It was a small scroll, which it handed to Zared.

He opened the scroll, but it did not give him any answers. It simply said,

Welcome, Zared, to the Realm of the Storytellers.

Zared's vision began to swim in black, and something behind him started to run towards him, moments before he blacked out again.

Storytellers

A Crossover Roleplay
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 4:16 am

"greetings, citizens of Nex!" The loud-mouthed announcer screamed across the ancient stone coliseum, a rolled up piece of paper magnifying his voice "Today, we bring you a battle of legendary proportions, as the greatest of our gladiator champions shall go to battle with one of the fiercest monsters ever to trod upon the earth!" the crowd roared with cheers, some chanting "Max-I-mus! Max-I-mus!" The announcer paused a moment, and then continued.

"Now, from the farthest corner of the Nexian seas, we bring you the might beast that was said to kill Orion the legendary hunter, and was slain by Hercules, the legendary champion, as part of his seven impossible feats! And now, I bring you the great, might, Cancer the crab!" The crowd cheered and booed as an open gap in the bloodstained sands of the coliseum was slowly filled by seven armed soldiers, who were holding onto heavy iron chains, which held down a crab the size of a station wagon. The beast's mottled blue-green armor sparkled in the harsh noontime light, and it struggles viciously to escape its captors and devour their flesh. Cancer swung at the guards with his long, deadly claws, though they stood well out of his reach. The announcer cleared his throat again and started to speak loudly.

"And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for!" at this, drums began to beat and the elevator on the other side of the coliseum slowly began to ascend, though the man on it was not yet visible to the people. "Welcome master of beast-slaying;The hero we've all been waiting for; The only undefeated gladiator champion in Nexian history! Maximus! Toronus!" The crowd burst out into raucous applause and chanted "Max-I-mus! Max-I-Mus!" the elevator rose to the ground level, and there he stood, wearing gold and silver Greek-style armor, his dark caucasian skin wrinkled and riddled with scars, and his head adorned with a golden full-face helmet with long, high black pluming. In one hand was a shield with the visage of an extremely ugly woman's head on it, and the other a long, deadly-looking golden scythe, heavily adorned with jewels of all different shapes and sizes, which Maximus held high in the air as he greeted the crowd. Draped across his back was a brilliant red cape which shone in the light brighter than the crab's shell. He looked up at the crowd, and smiled. These were the people that he'd come to both love and hate equally; the mob, as he called them. He looked over at the massive crab in front of him and lowered his scythe. The shield was just for show, as everyone knew that as soon as the battle started, it would be shed, as Maximus fought with two hands on his scythe at all times.

"And now!" The announcer called.

This is it. Time to kill another beast!

"The moment you've all been waiting for!" The crab struggled again, and it's beady black eyes met Maxmus' scythe. It roared with rage and attempted to skitter towards him, but the chains held the beast down too much for it to escape.

You must prove yourself now. This is the time!

"Let the battle begin!" The soldiers let go of the chains and ran for the walls, where they were helped up with ropes that were quickly pulled up to avoid capture by the monstrous, cold-hearted crab. It shrugged the chains off in seconds and charged at Maximus sideways, pure anger in its eyes. Maximus waited for the crab to get halfway to him, and he began to run, loosening the straps on his shield as he did so with his scythed hand. Cancer drew closer and closer, and the shield came off. Maximus chucked it through the air at the crab, and it harmlessly bounced off of its shell and soared into the crowd, where a young maiden caught it.

"icentia vestri legato!" Maximus yelled as he leapt into the air, the Scythe high above his head in an arcing motion.

And the legend began.

Pit Fighter, a new Roleplay in the Sci-fi/Fantasy section!
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Location: The Lumien Department of Agriculture; Desbin City Alpha District; Planet Desbin; Kepler-62 Star System. 1800 hours. Meria 32nd, 2120

The Lumien Department of Agriculture is a two hundred by ninety foot rectangular building in the dilapidated and corrupted Desbin City Alpha District. The building is shaped like a rectangular prism, with steel beams leading from the ground floor to the high zenith of the ceiling nearly a hundred feet up. The building’s slanted walls makes it stabler and smaller-looking, though inside it contains an assortment of departments having to do with the distribution and growing of Lumien crops. The building is most well-known for its seed vault buried nearly a mile under it, dug into a chamber of pure diamond. In this vault, seeds of every known planet in the known universe is compiled and studied. In case of widespread galactic destruction, the seeds would be planted on their former planets in order to facilitate the return of hospitable environments. No one is quite sure why the Lumien government chose to put this vault in a diamond safe that could have instead been used as an emergency bunker or have been sold, but they did it anyway, and Lumiens do not care what humans and other aliens think are stupid.

It was what Desbinians call Redlight around the city now; the period between about 5:30 PM and 9:00 PM where the normal yellow sun is replaced by Alpha Centauri’s second red sun, which casts a tricky red light down upon the city, like a four-hour sunset. The glass walls of the Agriculture Department reflected the red light attractively, and the four thick stone pillars that stood at each of its corners and rose up to a little lower than the height of the zenith turned an eerie blood red. Inside of the department, the lights were slowly flicking off, and all of the politicians were packing up to go home to their families. High above the city flew a single white plane; an American Predator drone. Its revolving camera stared down at the city, looking and eventually locating the Agriculture department. It sent out a radio wave which to a casual listener would sound like the morse code letter p being typed over and over again, and the Predator was soon joined by two more drones who flew by either side of it. The trio of aircraft sent out the morse code p to several other groups of drones across the planet, all of which were also sending out that same signal. The trio of drones began to descend upon the city until they were about a half mile above it. The massive spacescrapers of the Ceyx district rose around them as they descended, and they had to navigate the urban obstacle course in order to get to the low-lying Alpha district. The roar of the jet engines shattered windows and sent businessmen flying across the floors of office buildings as they rocketed through. Pedestrians looked up at the sky and pointed. Some took pictures with their phones, and others called the police, which were baffled at the idea that three American drone planes were flying through downtown Desbin City.

The drones soon received quite an entourage of helicopters and security drones as they approached the Alpha district. One of the helicopter pilots picked up his radio and sent a quick message to the drones.

“Unidentified drone, this is the Lumien Police Force. Please state your name, serial number, and directive repeat, state your name, serial number, and directive and follow us to the closest airport. You are in a no-fly zone repeat you are in a no-fly zone. Over!”

The drones continued to weave through the maze of buildings as the helicopters and mini drones followed them. The helicopter pilot sighed, and sent the message once more.

”Unidentified drone, this is the Lumien Police Force. Please state your name, serial number, and directive and report to the nearest airport for landing repeat state your name, serial number, and directive and report to the nearest airport for landing. You are in a no-fly zone repeat you are in a no-fly zone, over!”

Still nothing. The helicopter pilot snarled, and flew up above one of the drones. Then it happened. Suddenly, the helicopter’s radios were filled with the deafening roar of a computer modem. The pilot screamed as the modem blasted into his headset, causing his ears to bleed. He let go of the helicopter, and fell unconscious, as did the copilot. The helicopter began to swerve through the air, causing the pedestrians watching from the street to collectively gasp. Soon all of the phones and radios began to blast the modem sound, and screams echoed up from the street as people were deafened by the tone. The helicopter began to spiral through the air, and finally crashed into the side of a spacescraper, causing a massive scarlet fireball and a sea of smoke. The police drones all simultaneously turned off, and they fell to the earth like a meteor shower, where they crashed into cars and through store windows and near crowds of pedestrians who were stirred into panic. The trio of drones were now close to the agricultural department, about a half mile away. They lowered slightly as they escaped the sea of spacescrapers, and the modem noise hit the department. Lumiens in the building were driven to their knees as the noise deafened them.

This would be the second worst thing to happen to them that day. All at once, at the same time as the same thing was happening in three other locations, the drones dropped their payload of rockets. Twelve Hephaestus missiles flew down upon the agricultural department and its surrounding buildings. The missiles collided with the buildings and exploded in repeated flashes fire as the napalm was strewn into every crevice. People cried out in utter agony as their skin melted off in the fire. The force of the blasts caused the stone pillars to collapse into the agricultural department, shattering its glass windows and crashing through the metal floors. The burning workers were crushed as the building collapsed in on itself and the steel support beams collapsed. The drones made another pass, and more missiles fell, though these lacked the napalm of the first. Now, nothing remained of the Agricultural department was a few metal beams which stuck up from the earth like a bone through a carcass. And then, just to finish the deal, one of the drones dropped a single bomb which fell onto the elevator leading to the seed vault. It first exploded to destroy everything near the shaft, and then dropped a firebomb down the shaft, where it hit the bottom and sent a massive splash of burning napalm and other flammable materials over the door to the vault. A third stage activated, and the door was hit with a highly concentrated hydrochloric acid splash, which, combined with the fire, melted the heavy door, and permanently sealed the door shut, to never be opened again.

Things Done in the Dark; a Mind Games RP

Coming soon to Roleplex
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:03 am

“Why did you choose this path, Death?” Life sobbed at his state, looking down at his younger sibling, the Grand Master of the Destroyers. Life was chained up against a wall, exhibiting cuts and scars. Through the shackles on his wrists, were nails pounded into his arm. Only two prime beings remained in the dank torture quarters of the Destroyed Realm, the both of them despised each other, both in different ways. Life’s bright, Caucasian face advertised many bruises from having what little soul compost he had beaten out of him. A bright crimson blood dripped out his bottom lip. His beautiful cyan eyes glimmered with a scarring emotion of contempt. “Why must you torture me so?” Life asked, praying for the Grand Master to show just a morsel of remorse, on her bitterly stern frown. She showed none. As Life’s tears streamed down his face, he screamed at her, “Why choose to hate your brother!? Remember the times when we lived in the prime realm together!?” He tried his very hardest to break free, but he had absolutely no luck from the chains. “We had such fun times! If you would only treat me like a sister would treat her brother, with love, respect, and kindness!”

Death slowly moved her dark gray lips, and in a deep quiet voice she murmured, “Remember the conversation we had before I created Corruption?” She showed a menacing expression towards Life. The Grand Master truly loathed him. His entire existence and everything about him was hated by her. Death muttered solemnly, “I said, you are the one that exists to make others happy, while I am just the grim truth of the existence of others. Once Corruption was awoken, he wanted others to know my truths, the terrible truths of death.” She was jealous, so very envious. Life was a beautiful young man. Death was just as equally attractive, though all the priminians respected Life much more. They always would look down on Death. “Death’s the bad one.” “She’s the one with the ruinian title.” “She’s just another failure of Destruction’s creations.” Death changed all of that; she made them understand the hideous truth about the other side of life. She made them know that facing her was inevitable. Facing Death is inevitable.

Life yelled at her, failing at an attempt to lash out, “Just because you have a ruinian title doesn’t mean you have to show it! You can act like a normal priminian, without having to behave the way your title intended you to!” He starred into her glowing blood red eyes, “What good do you think could come out of this?”

Death responded in an unappreciative sneer, “This provides truth to the world, that death is cold and harsh. Everyone must know the truth.” She turned around and began sauntering up the steps of the torture chamber. She muttered while stepping up the stairs, “I will fill your world with truth, for facing Death is inevitable.”

Color: The Return

So colorful, yet so dark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread   Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplay & Fanfic Advertisement Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2