Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pride Days (OOC)

Go down 
+4
MataRahi
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Derkal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptySat May 03, 2014 4:03 am

Well, I've already made tons of character drawings in Lion King format, albeit a lot lack eyebrows...

Anyway...Dark, you posted the same thing twice in the RP, I don't know if it was a mistake or not...
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptySat May 03, 2014 4:07 am

That's weird. Must have been a glitch.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptySat May 03, 2014 4:20 am

Well, the Pride Day's IC does have a tendency to glitch, and it only seems to happen with your posts. Sometimes you double or triple-post the same thing because of it, although normally, I would delete the duplicates to keep the thread looking neat. However, the fact that there's my own post creating a gap with the duplicate is new.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptySat May 03, 2014 4:22 am

Yeah, definitely. I dunno, I'm typing everything on my phone, so that might be why.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Dark, I think I have an idea for more main characters for the Warring Prides plot that I'm going to be doing. I've been thinking about how as a character, Ammon is generally perceived as an older lion, and all the other characters have cubs, and will be around middle-age by the time the cubs are old enough for the plot (We'll probably have to do a timeskip). By that time, Ammon will return to the pride.

I was thinking, what if I independently made two twin-brothers that Ammon adopted from somewhere? I was thinking, they would both be incredibly important, and I would be keeping their past a secret, just for the sake of making the reveal more dramatic. I was going to warn you, however, that I plan to make the older twin abnormally strong, flexible, and fast, perhaps with night vision (Thus combining the three siblings' powers that Gamba and Layla's cubs have), though he will remain the size of an average lion (Perhaps even slightly small, and on the leaner-built side, but not a complete dwarf), which would further heighten the fact that his power doesn't appear to have any sort of natural cause. However, I also planned for this older twin to be somewhat simple, meaning he's going to be a little bit stupid, compared to all the smart characters you've seen me make so far. If you don't mind me making the older twin this powerful, he'll be a main key in defeating the antagonist. Also, I could use his interaction with Kakra for humor, considering I plan to make him headstrong and combative.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptySat May 10, 2014 2:59 am

Sounds nice to me. Also, sorry I've been so slow lately. I've been very busy as of current.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptySat May 10, 2014 3:30 am

Most people who have school are preparing for their finals, so I understand if it's something like studying, although I've been told that my grades and low number of absences from school overall could mean I'm exempt from the exams.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptySun May 18, 2014 2:26 am

I've just got to express how much I love the last few scenes, things are getting good.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:35 am

Well, overall, Kyra's character is completely transforming into something other than what she was originally. She's turned into this kind of strange person who gives the impression that she's not completely 'there', largely because her mentality and her way of seeing the world is completely altered, and it's to a point where other characters aren't really capable of understanding her. It's a cool new aspect of her personality because it actually makes her much stronger spiritually and emotionally, as though she were enlightened. However, because of the fact that people know she's been in contact with a spirit like Dalmaa, and had a long conversation with him, in addition to other spirits, having made promises to do things for them, and not really revealing their identities, nobody can be sure what her mental state actually is. The overall effect she has, and the way a lot of characters would react or perceive her as, is that she does, in fact, have knowledge of things that perhaps no other mortal does, but also that she is somewhat changed by the experiences, and perhaps they'll think she's fragile, also, as though perhaps in some way she's been damaged by all of it.

Of course, Kyra isn't crazy, or anything, she's actually very strong and has a good resolve, but most people will think she's fragile because her behavior is extremely odd (apparently traumatized or mentally unstable), and she is also, additionally, carrying a burden that everyone knows she has, but she won't tell them exactly what that responsibility is, so it sounds like something with more weight than it actually is. It makes me think of those stories where you have a princess who has to be guarded by a powerful warrior, and the safety of the princess if greater than the importance of a subject's life, because if she's not alive, something terrible could happen. Kyra's sudden fragile appearance would make others want to protect her, because what she knows might determine the fate of the mission, although in reality, Kyra actually needs very little help.

That's kind of the idea I was aiming for. I also wanted to get the point across that Mabel's the most stubborn, grouchy character ever, and that Omari displays signs of heightened intelligence, and greater sensitivity to things, because he seems to be developing faster than everyone else. In reality, he opened his eyes at a normal time, since he's older than the twins, and he'll eventually outgrow his sensitivity and be able to tolerate things, but it's still normal for parents to panic and be concerned if their child is different in some way, though when Atsu and Kakra start running around, they'll find a similar problem, though somewhat less-pronounced than Omari's unusual intelligence.

As for Coglon, he's going to change completely as a character, and go from this cold, unfeeling, machine-like person into an enigmatic warrior, in tune with strange forces that seem to make it almost as though he were connected to the world and were a part of it, rather than separate. He'll also start to gradually develop more emotional expression, as well, until he has something resembling a kind of personality, and much of it will be due to his contact with Cyla encouraging him to develop emotions. He'll largely wind up with this kind of guardian-like personality. He'll be somewhat stoic, rarely changing expression, as usual, and he'll still struggle to understand how others feel about certain issues, but he will probably grow to be highly protective of Cyla, worrying about her when she's hurt, and also becoming irritated or angry if people threaten her. I also want to say he'll have romantic feelings for her that are perhaps difficult to determine most of the time, but during certain occasions it'll be somewhat obvious that his feelings for her are deeper than mere friendship.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Excellent! I anxiously await these bits. I also have some development to put into play of my own. A lot of it is actually going to be directed at Kavis. I'm not going to reveal exactly what I have planned for him yet, but I'm aiming to make it such a crushing, heart-breaking struggle that the reader falls in love with him. He's far deeper than what he appears to be at the moment, and I've done a lot of work with his backstory and personality. You can see in the last posts that he's already showing a few emotions of distress, which surface beyond that mask of madness he has. But his actual backstory won't be revealed for quite some time, to keep him shrouded in mystery. I want this mystery to have a certain suction to it so that people are constantly wanting to know more about him. And I hope I capture this.

There's also more in store with Magir. Like Isisulu and Usizi told Kyra, there will be a day when Magir has trouble and will need Kyra to support her. That day, I plan to be along the journey. Preferably after they've found Subira, because there will be a lot of chaos if the group is discovered.

In the event to come, there will actually be a lot of development with many of the villains. Aziza will receive a lot, and the reader will begin to view her less as a big monster of a female, and more of someone that is understandable and can be related to in some aspects.

After the plot with the Stone, and as we emerge into the Wading Prides plot further, we should focus things on a particular group of characters. Because I think, if we do that to an extent, development will flow quite well. Right now it's slightly hard to develop characters with so many and in so many different places.

Overall, I'm very excited for what's to come. This is overall, probably one of my favorite chain of events in the story. Though overall it'd be impossible for me to pick a absolute favorite, as there's so many parts I love. I rather like the scenes where Var left the Pride, and he and Kyra finally realized their love for each other. That inspired me. I also love the scenes where Egret shows Shebla Ammon's story. The scene where he cut his shoulder, I thought, was pretty awesome. Nicely done. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 1:42 pm

You know, if Ramla is going to lose her powers as a Seeress, maybe Kyra is turning into one randomly, because she's kind of getting told different things, despite the fact that she never actually gained the sight. It would be kind of interesting if I sent an Ancient Spirit into her dreams, and had him deliver her a prophesy. That would thicken a lot of plot lines.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Yeah, that would be interesting. I think that's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 2:31 pm

I think I'll do it, then, since Kyra would probably make a good Seeress, now. I'll have the prophesy get told in the next post.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 9:40 pm

Alright. But take into account all the responsibilities Kyra will possess. Things will get scarier and scarier for her as she goes along. If she keeps with the gift, she could end up like Ramla. Because being a Seeress isn't always a good thing.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 10:59 pm

No, it's not, but if Ramla is not going to be a Seeress anymore, then Kyra will kind of be like her replacement, and generally speaking, the effects of it are mostly either emotional exhaustion, or other mental issues...insomnia might happen, too.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 7:26 pm

I suppose. Though, after Dalmaa's defeat an the Wading Prides plot, there won't be much spirit activity communicating to the mortal world, some, but not as much as most spirits will have been silenced by that point. Plus we need to make time for mortals.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 7:42 pm

I don't intend on spirits overshadowing mortals, but if Kyra becomes a Seeress, to save time, I'm just going to say for the most part until things progress further she gets repeats of previous messages, because things haven't really changed yet.

That being said, I think that the title 'Ancient Shadows' would fit the plot name better, since the closer we get to it, the less it is about war, and the more it is about these extremely old, evil powers returning into the world.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 2:32 pm

I wasn't saying you were, I was referring to my own plotlines. Much to do with spirits, very little time to emotionally expand on characters.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 3:30 pm

I thought characters were emotionally expanding a lot...
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Well that is true, I dunno. I just felt like I was using spirit scenes way too much.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Okay, so the visions I've sent to Kyra are little spoilers for the characters that are going to be chosen that I'm introducing in the future. I was tempted to include more about their backstories, but I decided to save that for later.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Alright then. I've also had Kavis on the move. I need to talk to you sometime in the chatbox about something concerning him, as it would just be easier. So whenever you get the chance.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 7:15 pm

I'll try to get in the chatbox, but it's difficult because I do other stuff and wind up never being online at the same time as you.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 7:22 pm

e I'm online now if you have time
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 pm

I've finished sketching out Ammon's new design, now I just have to color it in with the fancy markers I ordered for my birthday. I think it looks pretty cool, personally, the way I've formed it in my head, and this time, I didn't forget to add eyebrows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pride Days (OOC)
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next