Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Chat

Go down 
+17
Celo "The Moms"
Innovade_Drew
joural
Lieo
MataRahi
FlowerFox
Wolf
Lorelai
Derkal
JunkMail
DemDogg
God-Mod
Maxx
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Sairei
Mr Allen J
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

General Chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:44 pm

Writing in rainbows is cool and all, although it's kind of confusing to read, from my perspective. I completely agree about posts on mobile devices, though. Touchscreens are so sensitive these days that you touch one in a single wrong spot and then the paragraphs you spent hours writing are gone.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Hey. I want to make something very clear to everyone here. What Oracle did in his roleplaying section, unless I have misread his intentions which is possible, is not cool. If you have a problem with something a roleplayer on here does, send them a pm. DO NOT call them out or you will have to deal with ME. Consider this a warning. If I see it again, that's 24hrs. I'm a nice guy until you start going after people. Then I get pissed. 

That is all.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Maxx, relax. I can defend my own reputation against this sort of thing, and the ability to accept criticism is something that I need to have if I am going to be an administrator. Oracle shouldn't be punished for criticism, it's an opinion, he was in no way attacking me. This person likely read the guide and needed clarification on several subjects. In addition, the way he wrote suggested he never tried roleplaying before. While I agree it's not a good idea to say something about a subject you've never studied, I have perfectly reasonable ways to explain the subjects in the guide. Besides, when it comes to RPing, you can't really learn how to be a good RPer just by reading a guide, although it helps. You can't know what's good material unless you try it yourself.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:12 pm

What you learn is the general idea of what you can and cannot do.

I'm not proud of Chaos, nor of most of the characters I've made in the distant past, and I didn't enjoy that the all of the examples were mine. While I see it as the bane of my existence on this website, I recognize that I deserve it more than anything else.

But I agree with Vipera, accepting criticism is a skill that one needs in order to be a good Admin/Mod. I have learned it, and I'm glad I have.

Although Australis was a bit low dont you think? That was from my first RP... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:19 pm

I'm just glad none of our characters exist in real life...that would be the real disaster.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:24 pm

If he has a problem, he can send a PM. I read his post as an attack. He started it with "problems with Viperaunion's posts". That is not constructive criticism, that is an attack. If he wants to critique you, he can; 

A) Wait until he knows what he's talking about because he obviously doesn't. 

B) phrase it nicely ("I have some suggestions" not "This is a problem" 

C) send it in a PM. He basically called vipera out in front of everyone. Not cool.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Maxx, I was not offended, and if my arguments are valid, then it cannot harm my reputation in any way.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:38 pm

One thing's for sure; that guy doesn't know half the crap he's talking about. lul
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:05 pm

Woo! I drove 6 mile without crashing ! I finally go to go out on the main road today!
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Cool, I have to warn you though, your family will start to use you like taxi service. Mine already has a list of places I'm apparently going to take them once I get a car. (pick-up truck probably.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:04 pm

What's all this about a mean post?
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Someone made a thread bashing Vipera's 'How to RP' thread, with little to no experience with actualy Rollplay, or so we've assumed thus far.

Actually, it wasn't so much bashing as it was offering critique out of ignorance.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 10:00 pm

I wasn't really that offended by it, and because it seemed that they didn't fully understand the concepts I mentioned, I could have easily replied with answers that would be hard to argue with. Maxx got mad because it wasn't in a PM, and it was apparently insulting me, and then he locked the thread.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 10:11 pm

Well, he's kind of defensive about his friends, so its understandable. I think them making a thread out of it, was probably because they, as they were uneducated in the way we roll play, its probably safe to assume they were uneducated in forum etiquette as well.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:10 pm

I heard about it like, "Vipera just got told by someone named Oracle on Roleplex," and I was concerned.

And a bit irritated.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:30 pm

I wouldn't blame you, Sar. I think news is like that game 'telephone'. It changes as it travels around the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Yeah...

Well as long as everyone's ok there's no need for my ire to act up.
-sheathes claws-

Anything good going on?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm playing Silent Hill: Downpour. If that counts.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:48 pm

Are the Silent Hill movies any good compared to the games?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:49 pm

The first movie is so bad that it's good. Second one, haven't seen.

The games are definitely better though.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:06 am

I've seen the first movie and played none of the games.
Always wondered if they were considered good or bad by the players.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:20 am

If a movie is so bad that it's good, then that must mean that the best part was making fun of it. I sometimes love watching movies just because I want to see how bad they truly are.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:56 am

Anyway, I found this site interesting: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:23 am

odd... never thought of a personality generator. Sounds kinda strange.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:30 am

Are you kidding? It's the greatest thing that I've heard today! I hate personalities!
Although I doubt I'll ever use it.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next