Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Of the Night OOC

Go down 
+4
Tyrantlizardking
Maxx
Mr Allen J
True Night
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
True Night
Killer
True Night

Of the Night OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 9:43 pm

I like werepyres, but hate sources that say vampires and werewolves can breed. If there was one in here it'd be done by powerful magic. Nothing else.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 9:53 pm

I kind of agree, hybrids shouldn't be commonplace, because that would ruin the whole point of them. People can't claim werepyres are special and then have you running into them left and right. If you see it all the time, what's so special?
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Yeah, here it'd be so rare that it's likely one of a kind. Probably also a boss monster.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Yeah, I'm still pondering if there's any other creature I can make. I know dragons are allowed, but I kind of don't want to go there.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:30 pm

You could make a vampire vipes.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:34 pm

You could make another were creature, like a werebear, or werecat. Almost anything, I will list Avians, and Nymphs as even more examples.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:37 pm

I like birds, what kind of bird-like creatures can I do?
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:55 pm

Really anything you want in all likelihood. Avians, or bird people, like I said, harpies, or anything else you can come up with.

I'm encouraging humanoids, but you don't have to be.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:16 pm

I can make something that's like a were-creature in essence, with a human and beast form that are separate, but it would take a bit of combining two things. The Simurgh is a creature that's like a gigantic bird big enough to rival a small dragon with the head of a dog and claws like a lion's, and it was typically a benevolent creature, but I could probably fuse it with aspects of a Stymphalian bird, which is basically this terrifying normal-sized bird with a sharp metallic beak and sharp feathers it can shoot like projectiles. If I combined the two things, you'd have something that wasn't a dragon or wyvern, but was inspired by them and could probably rival one in strength, though it stems away from the traditional sense of either one. I could do that, or make a Rok, which is basically just a giant bird that carries things off, not really that fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:18 pm

WHat about something like the Ziz?

Stymphalian birds are awesome. I might have Grinda conjure some up at some point so the can sick them on people she doesn't like.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:52 pm

Any of those could work, although you should have the creature be your race, and it have the magical ability to take a human form. Or the opposite, line an animagus that uses magic to take on the form of a creature. The only thing I care about is how powerful it is.

I'm not sure how Grinda would do that. Magic falls under powers, as of the moment Grinda has a wand, but you have not outlined what you wanted her to be able to do.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Well I said she can make potions and stuff, so if she took, say, a flock of doves and fed them grain soaked in a transfiguration potion, boom: Stymphalian Birds.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 12:11 am

Alright, just making sure you're not planning on pulling a bunch of spells out of nowhere. If she's supposed to be a spellcaster you have some revising to do.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 12:50 am

I won't do anything without your permission beforehand.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 12:59 am

You really should just have it on your sheet, but if want to do it that way I guess.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:07 am

I mean, I put potion-making in Grinda's skill section, but I admit that I was not very specific when I said the thing about her being able to cast spells. I will specify. Magic isn't supposed to be her primary ability, but I can list all of the spells she can cast. I'll add in a weakness or two for the magic power to keep it balanced.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:12 am

You should definitely do that.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:40 am

Alright. I edited Grinda's sheet and added in all of her spells as well as weaknesses to her magic.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:50 am

I'll take a look.

In the process of making my first sheet, which will hopefully be up tonight.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:59 am

Alright cool. I'm working on my third character's sheet right now.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:01 am

There will be particulars, like using water magic against her lightning, but Grinda's additions are accepted.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:04 am

Alright. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:46 am

I will probably have my dangerous character sheet up later, might take awhile, you know how I elaborate on appearance.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:26 am

General Information

Name/alias: Catalina Albescu
Race: Human

Appearance: Catalina is remarkably tall for a woman, standing at 5'5". There isn't much fat on her, but she definitely gets enough to eat. Much of her 120 pounds is contributed to tone muscle mass from a rigorous training schedule. Not so much that it seems unladylike though. When dressed in a gown she looks as elegant as lords daughter should. Most of this beauty is from her facial features, and luscious hair. Straight, well kept locks black as night flow to her shoulder blades. Small slim eyebrows reside above large eyes hug the natural bone ridge. Irises of deep blue are laced by long eyelashes. Her nose is petite, her cheeks dimpleless and rosey. A pair of very full lips grab the attention of many a man. A scar on her jaw, and a few freckles do little to detract from her looks. She can commonly be found wearing a fencing outfit from day to day, for the sake of her lessons, and because she likes the freedom of movement. However, even when there is nothing planned she still tries to wear comfortable, more boyish clothing. Lord Albescu scolds her on it, but he isn't around enough to enforce proper dress. The exception being feasts hosted at his hold, during which Catalina doesn't have to be told what to wear. A collection of jewelry and dresses from her mother see her formal needs. None of her father's guest would guess that she had ever worn pants in her life.

Personality: Adventurous, friendly, and independent can all be used to describe Catalina. If she's not supposed to do it, then she wants to. Especially if her brothers are allowed to. Deep down she is jealous of them for being able to seek their own path, rather than having her day planned by her father. Hunting monsters sounds much more worthy and exciting than anything she ever does. Not even her brother's death discourages her. She cherishes the extra time he gave her before her arranged marriage, because then it'll be her husband telling her how to lead her life. Despite this she makes the best of each day, and takes her daily instructions to heart in case she is ever able to break free. To everyone except her father she is as cheery as can be. Part of this is that few treat her with ill, being the lords daughter and all. Everyone has the benefit of the doubt, but it possible to get on her bad side. In which case she is polite, but tries avoid the offender. So far nobody besides her tutors, and her father have caused her true grief.

Alignment: Neutral good

Affiliation: The Albescu faction

Bio/history: Catalina is the youngest of three male siblings. Her mother died in childbirth, which she suspect her father of not forgiving her for. There's no way to tell without a sister. Sheltered is the best way to describe her life. She can count the number of times she's been allowed to leave the castle on her fingers. From the age she was able to reasonable use a sword and bow, she has had almost daily instruction ever since. Other lessons include dancing, sewing, riding, strategy, alchemy, and magic. Before the time she was going to be wed, one of her brothers was slain in battle with a master vampire. Outraged and in grief her father offered her hand to any man to bring him the monsters head. A couple of years have passed, leaving Catalina unwed at late age. Especially for a noble. However lord Albescu still has not given up hope, and refuses to slide on his declaration. To this day many a knight hope to take the fiend in battle and claim a seat in the lords family.

Tactical Information

Skills: Catalina is a gifted markswoman, with the bow, and more recently the crossbow. Her swordsmanship surpasses many a knight. Particularly in her quickness. When it comes to riding, she isn't masterful, but she's good enough to fight on horseback reasonably well. Her knowledge of solo tactics is impressive, she is also suitable to command a small force. A number of useful potions, and deadly poisons are known by heart. Most unknown recipes are within her grasp of making by instruction.

Equipment: The only weapon she uses that is actually hers is a magical silver longsword, which remains unnamed.

Mount/pet: A black mare named Gloria.

Home: Albescu keep. It defences is what you'd expect out of a full manned castle owned by a renown monster slayer.

Power: Catalina has been trained by a lesser mage ever since it was discovered that she had the gift. Her knowledge is quite rudimentary, but her natural talent is high. Grabbing objects, minor summonings, simple illusions, and basic elemental spells is about the extent of her currently ability. This will improve further over time.

Weaknesses/limitations/drawbacks: Catalina lacks the upperbody strength of males. While she is well versed at combat, she has never been in a true fight. Pain from deep wounds, and killing another being are things she has not been introduced to.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 4:24 am

Hm, perhaps Sir Copeland will endeavor to slaughter this vampire and claim the hand of the fair maiden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of the Night OOC   Of the Night OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Of the Night OOC
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next