Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC Empty
PostSubject: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 8:15 pm

RedShadow

In the year 2017, the whole world broke out into a third world war. Riots and protests overwhelmed local law enforcement. Country upon country were overtaken. Some countries attempted to stay out of the war, but were soon brought in. After 10 years, the war finally ended. Some countries were wiped off the map or assimilated into other ones. An international cease fire was established, but hatred was still in the hearts of the people.
     During the war, a secret organization was doing their dirty work. This organization was called "The Phantoms". They assassinated government leaders in order to obtain their vision of a perfect world without laws or restrictions. No segregation or leadership. All equal.
     Their motives were what some might call, "justified". However the way they did it was frowned upon by the select few who knew about The Phantoms. This sparked another secret organization, dubbed "Red Shadow". These were highly trained assassins and thieves that's goal is to bring down the Phantoms without anyone knowing they existed. As if to wipe them off the plane of existence. This is how the Secret War started.

The city of Bay-wall. Named so for the giant wall that spanned the nearby fishing harbor and closed it off from the rest of the world. It was isolated, and corrupted. Crime was everywhere. Murders, burglary, etc. The local law Enforcement couldn't keep up. People were being beat up on the streets. This was the perfect place for the RedShadow headquarters. They were recruiting criminals off the streets. They were preparing for a full on invasion of The Phantoms. They needed to gather some intel first, however.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It now begins. No "good" side, just a Secret War in Bay-Wall. However, let's talk about the technicalities:

Rules:
1- No sexual or vulgar interaction. Just, please.
2- No godmodding, metagaming, etc.
3- You can kill another character, but you must provide a fight. No insta-kills.
4- Keep the swearing down a level. It's allowed, but don't go too crazy
5- Keep the posts at least a paragraph. That means 5 sentences.
6- Might make new rules... So keep a watch out
7- Type "ShadowRed" in Other section of character sheet if you read these rules

Equipment: (character sheet for amount)

(Body Armor):
-Bullet proof vest (Offers protection from standard issue tasers and low caliber bullets)
-Shadow Suit (Allows for a "shadow mode" to blend in to dark areas)
-Wing Suit (Grants you the ability to glide, helpful for falling)
-Insulation suit (Can absorb large amounts of electricity)
-Non-Newtonian clothing (clothing coated in non-Newtonian fluids allowing it to harden on contact with physical trauma. Can withstand most melee attacks and low caliber bullets)

(Gadgets)
-Shock Shuriken (Self-Explanitory, delivers 400 volt electric shock)
-Sleep Darts (Fired out of an electronic tube that can fire 600 FPS)
-Mosquito (Small, electronic, automated robot that applies a fatal nuerotoxin to target)
-Smoke grenades (Provides cover and blinds and causes searing pain to targets without eye protection)
-Scout (Rat sized, roller robot that uses a camera to identify targets)
-Frag Grenade (Small, loud explosive, 10 second detonation)
-EMP grenade (Releases an electromagnetic pulse that shuts down surrounding technology for 30 seconds. Is ineffective on EMP-hardened tech)
-Nanobot cloud (Can take multiple small forms, most commonly jewelry. Releases a cloud of nanobots that can dissolve enemies or fortifications)
-Lockpicking pack (Attaches to a door. Includes an Israel Drive that can decipher codes and unlock doors. The more complicated the code, the longer it takes to work)
-Night vision goggles (self-explanatory. Thermal vision goggles allow users to see enemies in the dark)
-Subsonic emitter (releases a unidirectional infrasonic wave that causes disorientation and nausea in targets)
-Magnagrab gloves (contains powerful electromagnets that allow the user to stick to any magnetic surfaces. Useful for climbing
-Sleep Gas grenade (Emits vapors that cause target to slowly fall asleep without gas mask)
-Poison Gas grenades (A grenade that emits poisonous vapors that can damage lungs and windpipe when inhaled, gas mask protects against these vapors)
-Glass cutter (Small electronic needle that spins in a circular motion to cut glass when powered up)
-Explosive Land Mine (Can be buried. Triggered by at least 20 grams of weight, large and loud explosion)
-Taser (Small, gun like self defense machine that fires small rods that emit a high voltage shock, subduing the target)

(Head Gear)
-Red Shadow standard pullover (Offers no protection, can see perfectly. For stealth purposes)
-Mercenary helmet (Offers protection against low caliber bullets, and offers eye protection. Heavy and restricts vision)
-High Divers helmet (Low protection, gives good vision and eye protection. Not ideal for stealth)
-Interface glasses (Miniature computer contained in a pair of sunglasses. Works like Google Glass. Ideal for stealth and allows the user to use CCTV and access the internet. Provides no protection against bullets, however)
-Gas Mask (Provides ideal eye protection and protection from harmful vapors. Very hard to see out of and emits loud breathing noise)

(Boots/FootWear)
-Muffled boots (Silent steps. Ideal for stealth purposes)
-Runner's shoes (Ideal for fast getaways and rough terrain)
-Mercenary boots (High protection boots designed to offer protection)
-Long fall boots (Long boots that go up to the knee offering the ability to fall from great distances without feeling pain or trauma)

(Weapons)
-Kitana/Dual Kitanas (Extremely sharp, steel blade(s). Able to quickly dispatch opponents with high protection)
-Hooked "Crowbar" blade. (Curved tip ideal for opening entrances and countering attacks)
-Semi automatic pistol (Law Enforcement weapon, clip size of 12 rounds. Low caliber)
-Pump Action Shotgun (Law Enforcement weapon, holds 6 standard issue flechette rounds, High Caliber)
-Assassin's dagger (6 inch blade with a serrated tip. Has an electric jolt on tip to ensure "silent" kills)
-Sniper rifle (long-range high-caliber weapon, ideal for long distance kills and maximum stealth. Not ideal for distances under 50 yards and has slow reload)

Alright, these gadgets will be explained soon enough, in the...
CHARACTER SHEET:

Name:
Faction: (Red Shadow, Phantom)
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio: (Optional)
Body Armor: (1)
Footwear: (1)
Head Gear: (1)
Weapons: (2)
Gadgets:(3)
Other:

Now that your character is ready... I want a minimum of three characters before I post the IC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have Fun!

Last edited by Tyrantlizardking on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 8:15 pm

CHARACTER SHEETS:

Tyrantlizardking

Name: David Tyra
Sex: Male
Faction: Red Shadow
Appearance: David is a young, powerful man. His short, brown hair is always styled in a messy look. He has very chiseled features and pale skin. He has green eyes with a bit of hazel in them. He has no freckles, considering there is little sunshine in Baywall due to the weather conditions. He has a tattoo of a Chinese dragon curled up and holding a flaming skull on his upper back. He has a small scar across his right cheek that he got from a thug who attempted to mug him. Didn't turn out too well for the thug.

Personality: Sarcastic, Witty, and Ruthless. Imagine Deadpool but turned down a little bit on the snide remarks.

Bio: David grew up in Baywall. As a child his parents were killed in a car wreck, leaving him with his handicapped uncle who lived a few miles down the street. David took martial arts classes, almost manditory for citizens due to the crime rate. He became an expert in karate and jujitsu. Once he turned twenty he tried to enroll in the Law Enforcement, but got turned down. He was immediately approached by the Red Shadow, and accepted their "invitation".

Body Armor: Shadow Blend

Footwear: Muffled Boots

Head Gear: Red Shadow pullover

Weapons: Dual Kitanas and semi automatic pistol

Gadgets: Shock Shurikens, Mosquitos, and Smoke Grenades

Other: David tries to keep it stealthy. Make quiet kills and tries to lower the other targets morale by placing the body in very unnerving places. Such as hanging from the ceiling, spikes into a wall, etc.

Last edited by Tyrantlizardking on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Dag. this rp was really well thought out. I'll consider joining.

Btw if you need help with more gadget ideas, just pm me. I have pages and pages of cool gadget ideas (and so does god mod).
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Maxx wrote:
Dag. this rp was really well thought out. I'll consider joining.

Btw if you need help with more gadget ideas, just pm me. I have pages and pages of cool gadget ideas (and so does god mod).

Sounds good
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 7:33 pm

I sent you some ideas for gadgets and weapons. Should be able to work on a sheet today.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:48 pm

Once there is more options I might commit to this.
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 2:02 am

True Night wrote:
Once there is more options I might commit to this.

More options of what? Gadgets, Weapons, Factions?

I need more info to improve...
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 2:37 am

You're in the most need of a more weapons, footwear, and perhaps another faction. However, I think there could be more of everything.

For me personally when I'm limited to choosing from a list they need to be pretty big lists to compensate for not being able to come up with my own stuff.

A few things off the top of my head:

Powered exoskeleton that gives the highest protection and a bonus to strength at the expense of being extremely slow and making noise.

Poison gas grenades.

Gas mask.

Glass cutter.

Flamethrower.

Some kind of rocket/grenade launcher.

Mines.

Submachine gun.

Assault rifle.

Jetpack that doesn't have the strength to lift somebody in an exoskeleton, loud, easy to see, limited fuel and altitude, risk of injury.

Combat knife.

Taser.
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 1:37 am

True Night wrote:
You're in the most need of a more weapons, footwear, and perhaps another faction. However, I think there could be more of everything.

For me personally when I'm limited to choosing from a list they need to be pretty big lists to compensate for not being able to come up with my own stuff.

A few things off the top of my head:

Powered exoskeleton that gives the highest protection and a bonus to strength at the expense of being extremely slow and making noise.

Poison gas grenades.

Gas mask.

Glass cutter.

Flamethrower.

Some kind of rocket/grenade launcher.

Mines.

Submachine gun.

Assault rifle.

Jetpack that doesn't have the strength to lift somebody in an exoskeleton, loud, easy to see, limited fuel and altitude, risk of injury.

Combat knife.

Taser.

1. No automatic weapons. Definitely not.

2. Exoskeleton is kind of silly, for a stealth based Roleplay.

3. Mines, Gas Mask, glass cutter, and gas grenades I can do. Flamethrower is a little, out there. Jetpack is even more so. There practically already is a combat knife, the assassin's dagger. It's just improved.

EDIT: Equipment has been updated
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:47 am

They were just ideas, not sure why no automatic weapons though. I mean there isn't a whole lot of information on this stuff in the OOC, I didn't even know the RP was stealth based.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 12:43 pm

Mines, too, are a little queer to think about if the very existence of the organization relies on secrecy. Mines - maybe - if it's to distract the attention of their target elsewhere. Otherwise I can't imagine mines being used in a standard operation.

The story about the world war was very obscure. I don't know who was in it, what the main powers were, who allied with who, or who was taking over the other countries. In fact, all we know is that there was a war and that it was bad.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:53 pm

Lieo wrote:

The story about the world war was very obscure. I don't know who was in it, what the main powers were, who allied with who, or who was taking over the other countries. In fact, all we know is that there was a war and that it was bad.

That's a point I was going to come up with. Btw, why no automatic weapons? This IS semi-futuristic, after all.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:07 pm

Automatic weapons have, I would imagine, less fire power behind a bullet than a semi-automatic and would be much louder. Their chambers open and close very often and very fast. Automatic weapons would be a thing if there was a firefight. If that happened, the operation likely failed.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 10:43 pm

Alright, I guess I'll put a little more backstory on the war. Although I feel it isn't necessary and just to imply that the world is in ruin. It'll take some time, though.

Automatic weapons, I feel, are too "fast". If you try to get away you can evade a semi automatic weapon, but not a full auto one. I guess I could add them in, but that means a whole lot more added to the list, considering the range of automatic weapons, LMG's, PDW's, SMG's, Assault rifles, Full auto pistols, Full auto shotguns, etc.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:06 am

Tyrantlizardking wrote:
Alright, I guess I'll put a little more backstory on the war. Although I feel it isn't necessary and just to imply that the world is in ruin. It'll take some time, though.

Automatic weapons, I feel, are too "fast". If you try to get away you can evade a semi automatic weapon, but not a full auto one. I guess I could add them in, but that means a whole lot more added to the list, considering the range of automatic weapons, LMG's, PDW's, SMG's, Assault rifles, Full auto pistols, Full auto shotguns, etc.

You don't have to, but (a) variety is the spice of life and (b) if this is in the future, then it should have slightly more advanced-than-modern weapons. We've had automatic weapons since World War I.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC   Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Shadow ~ Corrupt City OoC
Page 1 of 1