Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]

Go down 
+2
ViperaUnion
EropsToad
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Paige nodded, seeming to have calmed down somewhat, although she retained a somewhat troubled expression on her face, as her brows remained slightly furrowed. She said nothing else about her Pokemon, because they would be able to travel the journey safely in their Pokeballs, but there was something else now that suddenly grabbed her attention, as they proceeded to continue walking towards Opal City. "Something's bothering me," She said, her voice quiet, "What was a Skrelp doing out here, and why was she suffering from hypothermia? They live in the ocean, naturally, and even if it's possible for one to wash up onshore, I doubt they'd be this far away from the water, unless for some reason Mari swam up the river." She frowned deeper, "It's possible that she was attacked, or released by some careless trainer that didn't want her anymore, but that doesn't explain the abnormally low body temperature."

She rubbed her temples, and pushed her glasses back up onto her nose, "That's going to keep bothering me, but I thought I'd just say what I was thinking. It's been a bit chilly lately, too, and with all this humidity, I figured maybe a hailstorm was going to happen. It's possible, since at high altitudes it's cold enough..." She drifted off.

As they walked along the road, they didn't notice a small Pokemon with bright blue eyes and a body covered with a strong iron shell watching them. It was, of course, an Aron, but why it was staring so intensely at the two of them was not yet clear. As they walked along the road, the little steel-type followed at a safe distance, almost impossible to notice, because of how quietly it moved. It was, however, clearly following them wherever they intended to go.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 6:51 pm

"That's what I'm talkin' about!" Damian said, his grin ever present. He was predicting this. He wanted to get into this girls head and mess with her, and it was working perfectly. Based on how angry she seemed he predicted that she would want to embarrass him and end it as fast as possible. That meant using the only attack that would actually knock his Tyrunt out, which was dragon rage. And she loved to use it.

"Tyrunt, predict a dragon rage and dragon dance out of the way! If she tells you to use bite or any other attack, dont let your guard down. Evade!" Damian said to his dinosaur. He had watched her play a trick before. He wouldnt fall for it. Dragon rage was a ranged attack. Ranged attacks missed far more easily than that of a physical attack. Copied with the fact that Deinos were blind, and their ability, hustle, lowered their accuracy even farther in exchange for power (which was useless because dragon range was a set move) if he raise his speed enough he would be very hard to hit. He had scanned the Deino in the previous battles, and had done some basic research to get all the information he would need.

He looked up from his Tyrunt to Reyna's Deino. He gave his signature cocky smile. He would need to remain on guard though. Otherwise things could get very bad very fast. He redirected his attention to his Tyrunt, who was creating a red and blue aura around his body as it danced around the field. He took careful note at the size differences he would need to take into account. His Tyrunt was a brawler, as tall as the Deino was at the head, at the hip, and much heavier. It would need to wait for a break in between attacks before diving in for the kill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 12:57 am

Alright, down to business. This punk wanted to get it started, now she intended to make him regret showing his face. Considering how he just watched her defeat Laura and her two Pokemon, it might be a safe bet he saw her display with Dragon Rage. No big deal! She just had to stretch it out a little longer and cover more ground. She pressed her fists together and stuck her hand out at Xylem.

"Xylem!" She called to him. "Use Dragon Rage across the field!" So the Deino did as she said. He reached his head back and opened its mouth as an orb of energy collected between his jaws. It stalled for a brief moment before the blue vortex erupted from the small dragon Pokemon and engulfed one side of the field, before Xylem slowly directed the Dragon Rage across the field from left to right. It was a tricky maneuver. It wasn't something she tried before, and it was taxing on Xylem who had to keep up this blast of fire and static for a longer-than-usual duration. She saw the Tyrunt dancing around - nothing that should keep him getting hit for now, but her main concern was for Xylem. Already, it looked as though the strength of the vortex was diminishing. Still. As long as he charred all the ground in front of him, there shouldn't be anywhere that Tyrunt should be able to escape to...

But there was the chance that the move might stall out. Xylem didn't quite have the strength yet to keep it up for this long.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 2:15 am

Knox shrugged. “From the tracks I saw in the sand leading up to where I picked up the Skrelp,” he said, “I could tell she was trying to escape something in the water. Just as well that it got out of the water, too. If it had stayed in for any longer, with that kind of body temperature, well…” Knox made a slitting motion with his hand.

“Mari had no scratches or marks of damage on her body when I found her,” Knox continued. “Well, at least that I could see. So I’m guessing… the only explanation is that the water temperature was way too low, lower than it ought to be for Skrelp’s habitat.”

The Skrelp’s eyes slowly opened back up inside Knox’s Poké Ball.

“Man, I’m guessing that it must’ve sucked for this Skrelp to drag herself onto shore. She must’ve thought she was gonna die or something.”

———————————————

“I wonder who that chick with the Cryogonal was,” Laura mused, walking down the steps back to the main path. She felt a gust of hot air as another Dragon Rage seared the field in front of the lab. Laura rolled her eyes. That move was way too OP at this point. “And she had some pretty funky-lookin’ hair. Almost like the lady in Pentatonix, except she’s a psycho ice terrorist and not a singer.”

She saw it best not to think much of it, since the problem had passed.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 2:48 am

Damian's mind raced. "Cut the dancing and jump over the Dragon Rage!" He instructed.

The Tyrunt's extended dance should've raised its speed by 50% by now, if not higher. This extra speed would allow for much faster or more impressive feats of agility. Using this newfound speed, the Tyrunt was able to accelerate at a much faster pace compared to its original speed. Using it's momentum, it was able to jump over the dragon rage.

"Dont let your guard down. Keep playing jump rope." Damian ordered. The Tyrunt followed it's orders almost flawlessly. It landed just off once, something they would need to work on, but was able to recover in time. It's constant movement would make it even harder for the blind Deino to keep track of. He saw that the Deino's rage was beginning to hiccup. This was his chance. "Wait for an opening, and then strike with ice fang!"

The Tyrunt was glowing. It was doing so well. From following orders to exacting them. There was little interruption and almost no flaws. He had picked a wonderful starter, and a best friend for the future. When the Dragon Rage finally hiccuped to a momentary stop, the Tyrunt charged in. Dragon Dance did more than raise speed. It also raised attack power. It's jaws turning blue and sharpening into ice blue fangs. It's ability, strong jaw, would make the attack even more powerful. It continued it's juggernaut charge at the Deino, it's jaws wide and glimmering with ice. A primeval snarl emanating from it's jaws. The prototype of a roar.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 2:52 am

Paige continued to frown, perplexed, and disturbed by the information, "She probably did think that her life was in danger, if the water was so cold that it caused her to develop hypothermia. That's not the issue I'm thinking about, though. The real question is how is something like that possible? Even if there were to be a snow storm, the water should still be warm enough for creatures to survive in it. Something really off is happening, and I'm getting a bad feeling about it."

She put her hands in her jacket pockets where her gloves were, wincing as the fabric brushed against her bruised palms, "Whatever is going on, though, I guess we won't be able to stop it until we learn more. If the weather is causing something so abnormal, then it'll eventually become the focus of speculation. It still worries me, though, because if a single Skrelp dragged herself this far, then who's to say that other Pokemon won't be driven out, as well? That could potentially cause something on the scale of a natural disaster: we don't know what would happen if the sea were to freeze in places where it doesn't normally occur, even if certain species can survive under the ice; there's no telling what would happen to the life that's dependent on having warm water available."

She shuddered at the thought, and zipped her coat up a little more, "I'm probably being paranoid, and chances are we can't do anything, but regardless, I feel concerned. I don't like Pokemon having their natural habitats disturbed, and it's not just because I care about the Pokemon. Pokemon are powerful creatures, and if ones in the wild were to suddenly flood areas populated by humans because they were forced into an urban environment, and the Pokemon in question aren't those that have learned to coexist peacefully, a lot of humans and Pokemon alike could be hurt."

She shook her head, and pushed her glasses back onto her nose, before rubbing her temples, "There I go again, taking after my mother, and predicting future disasters. I predict the worse-case scenario too much..." She muttered.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 2:52 am

Knox shuddered to think of what Paige just described. No party could come out OK from a massive shift in climate conditions for a particular habitat.

Eventually, the duo reached the gate to Opal City. “Alright, so… Pokémon Center.”

Knox passed through the gate, making a quick check of the surroundings.

Opal City is a port town, one of many on Norue’s west coast. Most of the buildings have angular, half-timbered designs with rectangular door and window frames. Several docks line the roads; the masts of boats tied to the piers sway back and forth in the wind. At the longest dock, towards the end, stands a huge crane, loading crates onto larger ships. If one looks in the distance, he or she can see rolling green hills with more rectangular, half-timbered houses dotting the green with dashes of white, tan, and red.

A car whizzed past Knox, honking its horn. Knox watched a Furfrou saunter down the street, its owner hurriedly chasing after it. People strode up and down the tan brick-paved sidewalks as cars wandered up and down the asphalt roads, turning onto cobbled driveways. In the distance, Knox could see a group of Machokes loading heavy boxes into a truck. Several Gurdurrs handled cargo on the ships and passed it down to waiting Crustles that skittered away, boxes tied to their rocky shells by a group of skilled Aipoms.

He focused on a red-roofed, two-story building down the lane to his left. “That looks like the Center. Alright, I’m gonna go and—“

Knox started off towards the Center, but he bumped into a large, barrel-chested man. The man was a sailor, by the looks of it. He wore a white sailor’s suit, and was chewing nervously on a pipe. “‘Scuse me,” the sailor muttered. Knox, upon closer inspection, saw that the man was beading sweat.

The sailor passed him and sneezed once, before pulling out a handkerchief and blowing his nose.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 1:23 am

Paige frowned, looking after the sailor, "The sailors seem to be concerned about something," She paled, if that was even possible when she already had such a lack of color, she turned to look over at the Pokemon center. "I'm not going to wait any longer, I want Dante and Hannibal to be in good health. I like it when my Pokemon can be outside their Pokeballs, I get away with having them out whenever I can. The only reason Hannibal isn't traveling outside his is because he's a fish." She then laughed uneasily, shaken by the previous turn of events, and embarrassed, somewhat, "What I said just sounds really strange, doesn't it?"

She proceeded to walk over to where the Pokemon center was, and went inside, looking around for the nurse. Paige didn't notice that before the door closed behind her, an Aron slipped through with her, and proceeded to look around the room curiously, before slowly following behind her. Anyone else in the center just automatically thought that the Aron was her Pokemon, unaware that this Aron was actually a wild one that was for some bizarre reason following the girl. Paige walked up to the counter, spotting the nurse, and getting her attention, "Excuse me, ma'am," she said, "My friend and I got ambushed by some wild dogs on the road, and my Pokemon got hurt pretty bad. Can you have a look at them?" She asked, politely.

The nurse leaned over the counter, "What about that one?" She asked.

Paige frowned, having pulled out her two Pokeballs, "What? I only have two-" She glanced down, and jumped back, giving a tiny yelp, upon seeing the Aron, looking at her, and tilting its head. Recovering her composure, Paige relaxed, and stared at the Pokemon for a bit, while the Aron stared back, before finally sitting back on its haunches, and giving her a perplexed look, as though wondering why she didn't say anything.

The nurse, now confused, also, looked between Paige and the Aron, "It is your Pokemon, isn't it?" She asked.

Paige slowly shook her head, "No...I've never seen this Pokemon before." She said.

The nurse looked at her, "It followed you through the door..."
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 5:35 pm

The prehistoric turd-knocker had done something, and whatever that was, there was no stopping it. That Tyrunt was fast. In conjunction with Xylem lacking the strength to use Dragon Rage for so long - a tactic she'd never try to use again - the prehistoric Pokemon was able to weave in between to bursts of flames and close in on Xylem. Its maws began to glitter as ice glazed over its fangs and lower jaw. She called out to the Deino, hoping to warn him and get him out of there, but it was unable to react in time even with its sense of smell and hearing; both of which were drowned out by the scorched ground and roaring vortex. A single bite with those powered-up icy jaws clamping around Xylem's neck was all it took to bring down the blind dragon, and it fell over exhausted and shivering.

Reyna's face, which was once confident and bright, now replaced by an expression dumbfounded and discouraged - and perhaps with just a hint of enragement, but that was something drowned by her other feelings. Also, while she admittedly it was somewhat unfounded, a sense of moral superiority in the "I was right all along sense". She couldn't help but wonder how trained this Tyrunt was, or if it was even trained by this brat in the first place. But it was definitely in a different league than Xylem was. As much as she hated to admit it, that Tyrunt outclassed Xylem. And that trainer probably knew it. So why did he feel so compelled to challenge her? To show her up? That's where she found her high ground. She picked it out straight from the beginning. This guy was an insecure, ego-hurt loser!

Whatever. She pulled out of her pocket a small handful of crumpled up prize money and flung it at her competitor after she returned Xylem to his Pokeball with a red flash. She still managed a profit from Laura out of those two matches, but this meant she wouldn't be allowed to supply herself as much as she wanted. Maybe she might stick around this dump of a city a little longer to see if she could juice some cash out of the local newbies. Really, all she could think about at this point was bailing and getting lost in the woods outside town for some adventure.

"You satisfied yet?" Reyna grumbled as she leaned against a nearby telephone pole. She was clearly ready for him to leave. By God, if this dude started talking all "smart" now, she felt herself ten seconds away from whooping him herself.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Laura, upon returning from the train station, surveyed the results of Reyna's duel with Damian. "Huh," she noted.

She stepped down the stairs, approaching the group. "F.Y.I., you guys oughta stay away from the train station for a bit," Laura said, before continuing down the path. High time she hightailed it.

She ran down the dirt lane and across the drawbridge, onto Route 1. As she ran, Lillian clung to her shoulder, and Terry clanked against her back.

She was quickly challenged by a Trainer with a Clamperl; a young lass, to be exact.

Laura shrugged her left shoulder to let Lillian off.

Lillian used Absorb!

Lillian drained nutrients from the Clamperl, who attempted to block by clamping its shell; however, Lillian's attack pierced the armor and connected with Clamperl's pink, squishy body. Clamperl gurgled in pain before unleashing a Water Gun. Lillian ate that thing up.

Laura felt this was kind of refreshing after getting popped by that Deino... twice.

Lillian used Absorb!

It's super effective!

Clamperl had its energy drained!

Clamperl fainted!

--------------------------------------

Knox turned to look at the Aron while the nurse healed his and Paige's 'mons.

"I think it likes you," Knox said, his stoic expression unchanging.

The familiar jingle played and Knox took his Skrelp and Klink from the counter. He turned and saw the barrel-chested sailor from before. The seaman sneezed, wiping his nose.

"Hey, want a box of tissues?" Knox asked.

"Aye, that'd be nice," the sailor said, before inhaling a drop of snot back up his running nose. Knox cringed slightly. "Sorry, lad. My nose is runnin' like a Cubchoo's. Must've got the bug goin' round."

Knox asked the nurse for a box of tissues, and once he got it, he plopped it in front of the sailor.

"What's your name, lad?" the sailor asked.

"Knox Thomas," Knox said, folding his arms. "I'm here to challenge the gym here."

"Aye, one of them Pokémon Trainers, eh? Well, you've come to the right city. You can call me Prow, since that's where I'm usually spotted on a ship when not first-mating for Captain Roe. He's the Gym Leader, by the way."

Prow turned to the window. "Although, Roe hasn't returned from his sea voyage yet. I couldn't go 'cause of my condition, but I call him every day. Which reminds me," Prow said, before pulling up a cell phone from his pocket.

"This'll just take a sec," Prow said, before dialing Roe,

"Hello... Yes... It's Prow... Yeah, how ya doin'? Nope, still got that nasty cold of mine..."

After about thirty seconds, Prow's expression morphed into one of concern. "You're kidding! Stuck in ice? ...Like an ice floe? They don't usually appear in the... Wait, they froze your boat to the ice? Who did?"

It went on like this. Knox raised an eyebrow. Prow hung up. "Come with me to the docks," Prow said, his expression serious. "We've got a big problem."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Paige frowned, as she pressed the button on her Pokeball, letting out Dante, the Beldum appearing in a cloud of red energy, his eye swiveling in its socket to take in the scene, now that he was better. The trainer preferred Dante's presence, and if trouble was starting, she needed his analytical mind to be aware of everything that was happening so he could help her make an appropriate response. She shook her head, "I suppose now we know why Mari was suffering from hypothermia, Knox, when we found her. First a Skrelp fleeing the ocean because she's freezing to death and now a report that someone's boat was purposefully frozen to an iceberg in a place where you shouldn't even have to worry about ice." She shifted her glasses back onto her nose, "It seems ice-type Pokémon are behaving abnormally: they're attacking boats, and more than likely, responsible for lowering the temperature of the water itself."

She started out the door, "I'm against fighting, but worse things will happen if this problem isn't dealt with." At this point, she was so focused on trying to help solve the problem of the rogue ice-types that she had forgotten the Aron, who had still been sitting there, waiting for her to comment on it. The Aron, still not giving up, took this opportunity to dash for the door, slipping out just as it closed behind the trainer, bent on following her. Dante, pausing in the air to look at the Aron, made a humming noise, which seemed to increase in pitch at the very end, like a question. The Aron replied with a noise similar to an irritated, yet metallic 'Hmph!', and indeed, looked somewhat angry that Paige had almost left it behind. Dante made another brief sound, before turning to float and catch up with his trainer.

The Aron, seemingly having gotten some sort of approval from the Beldum, looked far less angry, and instead, had a look of determination, as it ran at a rather fast speed to catch up with Paige, following close behind. One would notice that as they ran to the dock, the Aron's footsteps seemed rather light, even though it weighed over a hundred and fifty pounds, being a steel-type. When Paige arrived down at the docks, and stopped to wait for further instructions, the Aron promptly walked over to her, and butted its head against her leg, the motion rough, and jarring enough to temporarily disturb the trainer's balance. Paige looked down at it, when she recovered, "Oh, wait, you followed me? Did you want to help out, too?" The Aron gave a single, sharp nod, walking forward, not caring if it came further into Paige's comfort zone than a person would allow a wild Pokémon to get.

Paige, seemingly forcing herself not to step back, as most people would when faced with a similar situation, nodded, "Alright, you can help out, the more assistance we have trying to fix this problem, the better."

The Aron had a look on its face that clearly read, 'Finally! They're letting me come along, and I don't have to follow from a distance anymore!'
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Laura, after finishing her battle with the other girl and her Clamperl, turned to look at the ocean. She shook her head in disbelief. What was that huge sheet of ice doing so far down as Crystalshore?

Laura dashed back to town and onto the beach. Several Wingulls and Pelippers were panicking, flying in circles, cawing in terror.

Laura jumped when the first frozen harpoon smashed into the shore. "Sweet Lord Arceus!" Laura cried.

She looked up and saw that a huge vehicle, led by a troop of Piloswines, was slowly advancing on an ice bridge to land on the beach. Laura turned to run away; as she did, hail began to pelt from the sky. She called Lillian into her Poké Ball and shoved Terry's sheath under her armpit. Terry's glassy blue eye looked behind and darted between the armored transport and the legion of Vanillites that was descending from the sky, letting loose scores of Icy Wind attacks.

"It's getting too cold to move," Laura chattered, slowing down. Frost was gathering on her clothing. Nevertheless, she managed to reach the steps that led back up to the town.

"Man, I'm doing a lot of running lately," Laura huffed, bending over on the rails. She pulled up her cell phone and dialed the police.

As she did, more ice bridges formed on the beach, and grunts dressed in ice-blue armor tromped down onto the beach.

The largest man stepped down from the armored transport in the middle. His golden beard swayed in the icy wind, and his muscular arms folded over his massive chest. Two armbands made of ice each circled his biceps. He wore a domed helmet like the grunts, but this one had two icicles sticking straight out from the sides like the horns of a Bouffalant. His armor was far more intricate, and traces of frost dusted the roundest parts of it.

"Leave no survivors," he growled to his men.

They released their ice Pokémon, who used Ice Beam simultaneously to craft an arsenal of frozen blades. The largest man, the commander, raised his bulky arm and his Beartic unleashed a Frost Breath attack to create a massive ice sword in his hand.

They charged. Laura hung up and cried out.

Not soon after, several policemen drove up on motorcycles, sending out Arcanines and Gravelers. "Evacuate the city," they said to Laura. "We've already begun sending most of the people to the train station. If I were you, I'd take the Opal City route."

Arcanine used Flamethrower!

One of the policemen's Arcanines torched a charging Piloswine, but the massive commander of the raiders sent his Beartic to grab the poor Arcanine and hurl it into the ground. The Beartic snorted at Laura and roared, before slamming its paws to the ground and charging at her, its icicle beard sending up sparks as it dragged along the floor.

Terry immediately unsheathed himself and Tackled the Beartic to distract it, before shooting back towards Laura and re-wrapping himself around her shoulder to usher her further away from the advancing raiders.

The police cars and motorcycles had formed a blockade in hopes of stalling the raid as citizens fled to the train station. Laura saw her mother running towards her. Laura motioned for her mother to get to the train station, grabbing her arm and taking her up the flights of stairs. "Mom! Get on the train!" Laura cried. "I'll be fine, I promise! I love you!"

She slid down the rails and dashed past the group who had had a battle several minutes past, before charging towards the drawbridge as it lowered.

Laura made it to Route 1. She huffed and hid behind a tree, watching the carnage unfold. Ice began to spread across the ground and up the buildings. Trees withered and died. Flowers choked with a dying gasp.

Two grunts ran across the drawbridge; they had been ordered to let no survivors escape. They brandished their blades: two ice hatchets per grunt.

They raised their weapons to strike.

Laura flinched, but relaxed when she realized that her arms weren't lopped off.

She saw the grunts sprawled on the ground, and a Pokémon standing--no, floating in front of her.

Laura raised her Pokédex.

Inkay, the Revolving Pokémon. Dark/Psychic type. Inkay flashes the lights on its body to daze its opponents before fleeing or counterattacking.

Now, this particular Inkay was separated from its kin, because of its uncharacteristic desire for justice. Surrounded by impish Pokémon who desired nothing but to trick, prank, and scam each other, this Inkay, in its seriousness, turned away from companionship to seek the justice it so desires.

Inkay used Reflect!

The grunts tried once more to hack at Laura, but the Inkay's wondrous wall of light caused their hatchets to smash into a thousand icy shards. Laura took the hint and ordered Terry to chase them off with a quick swing.

Terry merely used the flat of his blade in order not to kill them, just give them a nasty headache.

Laura sighed and turned away. The Inkay maintained a stern expression, following her without her noticing.

-----------------------------

Knox found Prow gazing into the distance with a telescope. "Just as he said," Prow muttered, folding up the telescope before pulling up a tissue and blowing his nose. "Ocean's frozen up to about a nautical mile from port."

"So is there something that needs to be done?" Knox asked.

"I'm not sure. We can try going out there and manually breaking the ice, but that'll take forever. Alternatively, we can arrange a helicopter rescue, but I'm not sure that's a good idea with the hailstorm going on; that could damage the rotors and we'd be in hot water. Or, in this case, cold water."

"We can probably wait the hailstorm out," Knox suggested.

Prow looked up. "We'd be waiting for a while, lad; those clouds don't seem to be letting up anytime soon."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Paige, having lost sight of Knox and the sailor, was frustrated, knowing the cause of the problem, but not having any way to help, and therefore, she was left to simply pace along the docks, trying to figure out where everyone had run off to. Dante and the wild Aron watched the trainer thinking, not having any ideas of what they should do, either. Paige eventually stopped, and sighed, "I don't know what to do! Knowing the cause of the problem doesn't do me any good if I don't have a way to fix it." She eventually sank down into a sitting position against one of the posts that was supporting one of the older docks, "If we want to help people, we need a boat, or a water Pokémon to take us there, and even then, we'd need something powerful, or a fire-type, to melt the ice."

She pulled the black and grey Pokeball out of her back, the one where she was keeping Hannibal, "I know he can survive in cold water, Magikarp can survive anywhere, but he's not a Gyarados...he's not big enough to keep us out of the water...but..." She turned the Pokeball over in her hand, and finally, pressed the button, Hannibal appearing in a cloud of energy and appearing in the water next to the dock, his face looking up from the water. Paige looked at the fish Pokémon, "Hannibal, I really need your help right now. Can you swim around the docks and use Splash when you've found Knox? He should be with a sailor who looks like he has a cold." The Magikarp, with his face always wearing a harsh, intimidating sort of glare, vanished under the water.

Hannibal, despite being a Magikarp, was largely considered stronger than the rest of his kind, although he still wasn't capable of fighting a stronger current. Because the docks were shaped in a certain way, any current was broken up, and thus, it was easy for him to swim around and look up to see if anyone was there. He swam along each dock, going in a straight line, checking every time he heard a human voice through the water, taking his trainer's faith in him to heart. Eventually, he looked up to see a young black man with a man whose nose was clearly red and irritated, and suspected that these were the people Paige wanted him to look for.

Swimming further away from the dock, he used Splash, putting incredible effort into it, as the Magikarp, his scales glittering a dark shade of red notably more intense than other members of his kind, shot out of the water, executing a flip as he did so, before landing back in the water. It was then that he used the move a second time, and flopped on the same dock as the two a distance away, although afterwards, he didn't struggle, but merely looked at the two with the one eye that they could see, the expression oddly intense.

Paige, in the distance, saw a flash of red scales appear in the air, and knew Hannibal had probably located the two people she was trying to find, as even though seeing Magikarp jump out of the water was common, there was only one fish with the the right coloration. Nodding to the two Pokemon with her, she gripped her Magikarp's Pokeball tightly, and ran down the docks, finally appearing on the end of the one where Knox and the sailor were. She ran along the docks, and knelt down next to the fish, "You're incredible, Hannibal." She said, giving the fish a light scratch at the base of his dorsal fin, even though fish scales were slippery and sort of uncomfortable to touch. She then returned Hannibal into his Pokeball, and walked over to Knox.

"Sorry for making a big crazy scene, but these docks are huge, and I'm not good at locating people. I was trying to catch up with you, but you two had already left. I think I know what's causing the problem in the sea."

She turned to the sailor with the cold, "We're dealing with ice Pokemon, here. The weather isn't just experiencing a colder day than usual, something's severely disrupting the temperature in the ocean." She rubbed her right ear, wincing a bit, "Ugh, my ear is starting to ache, the pressure is changing in the air."
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 1:39 am

Damian opened his mouth to say something in response, but was pulled back by Donna. "That's enough. I dont want a fight breaking out." she hissed, causing Damian to grumble and call the Tyrunt back to his side. The little dinosaur was throwing a hissy fit at the fact that it's toy had been recalled and it could declare itself dominant over it in time. It snapped at Damian, before realizing who it had snapped to, before stomping over to him like an angry teenager. It was silenced for the time, but it was still upset. The Pawniard stepped to the side, between Donna's limbs as the hulk of a dragon type stomped by. It was far larger than her, and by how it had just defeated such a powerful opponent, it had shown it's strength. That Honedge had gotten lucky. She knew she wouldnt be so lucky as the Honedge was by catching the creature off guard.

"Whatever, c'mon Caesar, let's go train." Damian said, calling the Tyrunt to him. He wanted to crush the opposition, which was the first gym leader, and anyone who stood in his path. Reyna was the first step in the journey of one thousand miles. He wanted to come into the journey like an advanced cross country runner. He wanted to knock his opponents out of the park. He wanted to make a name for himself. He wanted the gym leaders to fear him coming to their gym. And the only way to do that was by making sure he left a huge mark on the first gym leader's pokemon. One that was eight feet tall and over six hundred pounds.

"Lets go find a clearing. Donna, you're welcome to join."
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 3:23 am

Laura was out of there. Thankfully.

"Geez, that was no fun," she muttered. She looked into Lillian's Poké Ball. "Look, Lilly, I can't just let you rot on my shoulder, can I? You need some action. Wouldn't you say you agree?"

Lillian nodded vehemently.

"Alright, then let's get to work."

Laura tossed a rock into the tall grass.

Soon, an irritated Patrat, grumbling, stumbled out from the bushes and locked eyes with Laura, before baring its fangs and hissing for a Growl attack.

Laura sent out her Petilil and 2HKO'd the meerkat.

This went on for a few minutes, then Laura got bored.

"Man, this is way too tedious; Patrats and Poochyenas don't give half the experience you need, Lillian," Laura muttered.

She continued on the road, fighting every trainer she met, alternating between Terry and Lillian.

Not until the gate to Opal City did she notice the Inkay floating behind her, following her with its flat white arms crossed.

"Gah! You startled me," Laura said to the cuttlefish Pokémon. "Hey, something about you seems familiar."

Inkay saluted, before performing a Reflect in front of her.

"Hey, you're the one from before! You saved my life back there!" Laura took the Inkay's white tentacle and shook it vigorously. The Inkay puffed up, before slipping out of her grasp and motioning towards itself.

"Do you want to battle?" Laura asked.

The Inkay blooped and bopped, before pointing at Lillian.

The hotheaded Petilil jumped down from Laura's shoulder. The brave bulb would take on this cutthroat cuttlefish in a justified battle, even of she was tired from a long walk filled with trainer battles.

------------------------------------

"I heard you the first time," Knox said to Paige, not unkindly, more a statement of fact than a gesture of annoyance. "Ouch, hope your ears get better."

"Change in pressure, eh? That usually happens when the weather abruptly changes. Which," Prow said, pointing at the hailstorm, "it obviously--GAH-CHOO!--is."

Knox folded his arms and stared up at the dark hailstorm. "The air smells slightly of vanilla," he noted. "That means Vanillites are behind the hailstorm. I don't think a normal Hail move could cause a severe hailstorm such as this. My guess is that the Ice Pokémon aren't rogue, bit under the control of a person... or several people."

Knox turned to Prow. "Earlier, I'd had a bad run-in with a couple of pissed 'mons: a Snorunt and a Bronzor. I think those Pokémon were ordered to stop up the bridge at Crystalshore. I think these Vanillites may be in the possession of a person or group of people with obviously malicious intentions," Knox suggested.

Prow nodded, before turning to Paige. "Who might you be? Name's Prow, by the way. Don't bother shaking; I've got a cold, as you can see."

------------------------------------

Lillian used Leech Seed!

Inkay was seeded!

Lillian planted the nutrient-draining seeds in Inkay's body, but the Revolving Pokémon spun in a circle for a Foul Play attack.

Thankfully, Lillian's Attack stat was characteristically low of a Grass-type Pokémon.

Inkay winced when the Leech Seeds drained its vitality, but paid no heed. This would be a fair match.

Inkay used Foul Play!

Lillian used Absorb!

Inkay had its health drained!

Inkay huffed and puffed, knowing that it was slowly giving out. However, the Revolving Pokémon wasn't quite finished.

Lillian used Growth!

Bad move on Laura's part.

Inkay used Topsy-Turvy!

Lillian's stat changes were reversed!

Laura whapped her face. Then she brightened up. "You're also the one who used Topsy-Turvy on the Cryogonal, right?"

Inkay smiled the stoic smile of recognized justice.

"Lillian, try your hardest even with that disadvantage!"

Lillian used Absorb!

Inkay had its health drained!

Inkay was satisfied with the match, and motioned to Lillian's Poké Ball.

"Oh, man, did I buy any of those..." Laura muttered, digging through her bag. She grabbed a Poké Ball that she had found on the ground while on her way to Opal City. "Nice!"

She hurled it at the Imkay. The Inkay went inside without complaint.

"What do I call you? Hmm..."

What does one call a serious Inkay that saved his or her hide not once, bit twice, in the process upholding the law?

"You remind me of this character in a book," Laura siad to the Inkay. "So I'll name you after him. You love the law, right? You like to protect the law, right?"

The Pokémon nodded.

Laura pulled a pen from her pocket and wrote on the red capsule. "J..A...V....E...R...T."

Javert was pleased to have a Trainer capable enough to help him in his bid for justice. Perhaps she could even spread justice across the region.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:01 am

Paige, continuing to press on her sore right ear, introduced herself to Prow, "I'm Paige, sorry I didn't introduce myself to you earlier, I just had a ton of things on my mind and probably wasn't thinking straight." She then looked at Dante, the Beldum exchanging the glance with her with his single eye, before she turned to Knox. "Knox, you have a point, these problems all do seem to be the result of organized crime that was carefully planned out. It seems to me like they're trying to target infrastructure, more than anything else. If the bridge had been messed up, people in Crystalshore wouldn't have had any way to leave aside from the railway, and chances are that someone probably attacked the other routes around the same time to make them inaccessible. If they freeze the sea, people won't be able to leave by port, either, which means a lot of places in Norue would be completely cut off from everywhere else."

She pushed her glasses back up onto her nose, "That being said, ice Pokemon don't have any sort of reason for freezing the sea; it doesn't provide any benefits to them that I can discern, although it might very well prove beneficial for a human with certain motives." After finishing this statement, she slipped her hands into her pockets, wincing, because her hands were still bruised from catching Dante when he fainted, and pulled out her gloves, putting them on, because a chill was trying to work its way into her fingers, and she needed her dexterity intact. She also zipped up both jackets as high as they would go, and pulled the hood of her outer jacket over her head, looking as though she were about to go out on a ski trip.

"If someone's responsible for that hailstorm, then we need to get out there and stop them, the best bet is knocking out the Vanillites causing this weather. We need a way of getting there, though, and we have to keep in mind that we don't know what size the hail is, and that both us and our Pokemon can get injured out there; we might need lots of people." She put her gloved hands in her pockets, a gain wincing, "I'm not a fan of fighting, but those people are putting Pokemon in the ocean at risk, we've already seen that some of them can get hypothermia from this. One thing I can't stand is innocent creatures getting hurt."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [IC] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon: Blizzard [IC]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3