Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killers (OOC)

Go down 
+2
God-Mod
ViperaUnion
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Killers (OOC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Okay, then, Accepted, but keep in mind, that your man isn't impossible to identify. Regardless of fingerprint, all they need to do is get his current fingerprint, and identify it as his, and then his fingerprint surgery is useless, and a Scar and tattoos makes it almost impossible to avoid being identified if he is seen. Your character is a very powerful assassin, so everyone will be after him. Don't abuse that character's strength, and I don't want to see too much knowledge of things like poisons, either, because then it's OP because he knows way too much about killing. We need to balance it out with other players.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Yeah, I actually learned about fingerprinting while at a camp, and thats where I got the idea of the triangle pieces. A criminal actually did that. The policed spent three days re-arranging fingerprints until it matched a record. The fingerprint rearrangement is so people dont know exactly who he was before he was a criminal. He's most likely already on record, but as the Ghost of Manhattan instead of Jakal. The scar is on his back, so thats usually hidden. His tattoos are his bane if seen.

Anyway, as I said, he doesnt know much besides how to kill a target. Just how to use, clean, and reload a sniper, where to punch a target, and where to put the knife. Mata's character could also be the bane of mine, considering that Jakal doesnt take in details very well. Mata's does. I could leave behind clues tht Mata could discover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Okay, then. My own character? She doesn't use guns at all. She lurks in the shadows beneath your feet, and kills you silently, such a nice job that they think you mysteriously had a heart attack at an early age...

Anyway, gonna put up the IC now.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:21 pm

I gotta start watching Bones and Criminal Minds more often...

Anyway, I'm trying to leave myself open a bit before I...

Disappear...

He's called the Ghost for a reason...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:08 pm

I found Wi-fi connection, so I can RP a bit more than I thought. Anyway, Bones is a good show, I suspect that woman has Aspergers, although I've only watched one episode. Same for that guy on Criminal Minds that people say is like a computer...let's face it, we love our geniuses.
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Oooooh, bane-dom. Sounds exciting. >:3
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:29 am

Huh? I dunno...
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:27 am

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan. No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.

-Bane, The Dark Knight Rises
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:46 am

Ah...okay.
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 am

Would either Jakal or Rodentia have any reason for people to call out a hit on them? Would be a good way to get some character interaction going. >:3
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 am

I could have Seymour catch one of them after tracking them down...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 am

Rodentia wouldn't attract too much attention, since she hasn't really tracked down anyone but Mafia associates, which wouldn't mean people would call a hit on her. She hasn't killed a 'made man' as they call it, and thus nobody is going to plot to avenge blood. Also, Seymour might search for Rodentia, just because, you gotta be clever to set off a bomb and not get caught so quickly, or poison people. I would have thought he would have found that a little bit interesting.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:01 am

Yeah, I was going to make him investigate that and the man killed in the Theater in the morning, that way he could do both in one day. (And I was also really busy when I wrote that post so...)
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:21 am

I was thinking about Jakal getting caught, I think it would be insteresting.

As long as he can escape, of course...
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 am

I'm gonna review a thing or two.

Miss Selena Rhodes as it says here, is a nice and gentle pessimistic assassin who happens to adore destruction and dark humor, and is skilled in the arts of demolition and poisoning. She also happens to be fifteen.

I just have some questions concerning the character, if you don't mind Vipera. Firstly, how does someone be nice and gentle and still be a complete and utter sociopath? Where does a fifteen year old girl come off that she actually becomes a serial killer just for the sake of serial killing? It's not like she gets hired to do anything. I'd also like to know how exactly she suddenly became such an expert at poisoning and crafting explosives. Really, there's no build up to that. "She's smart so she just woke up and started making rat poisons and grenades."

As for the father, I'd like to know how the father could desperately look for work if he was arrested by the FBI, for stealing money from the company of all things (which can put you in jail for at almost a year if not more, but still doesn't warrant FBI intervention). As for his murder by next door drug dealer, I'd like to explain how that does not fall together. The last thing any drug dealer would like is publicity of any sort. If there's a murder next door, neighbors are automatic suspects, even if he did not commit the murder. If they find drugs, he gets into prison for at least a year for its distribution. Mafia or not, they are not going to want to be discovered. What did he get murdered for, anyways? How did mother die? Where did the fifteen year old girl even get the supplies needed for poisons and explosives?

So many questions.

So far, this is only one character I'm picking at, and the only character I will be picking at. Since this is the OP's character, I don't think I'll need to take much of a look at the other characters, since this should be all I need to see. Really? REALLY? Didn't you say you were better than this? I'm sorry if I sound like a CENSORED, I'm rather passionate about things of this nature. Realistic characters is kind of my forte; or maybe I'm just good at them. Who's to say?
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:48 pm

I know I'm not who you were asking but I can vouch for the poisons and bombs, the internet is a wonderful tool... you can learn how to make anything from a nuke to rat poison. It doesn't matter how old you are, rather, how hard your willing to work for the knowledge. I know if I needed to, I could make an rifle out of PVC pipe and a air compressor. (Not including the scope, which you would have to buy) And if Vipera knows how to build these things, that would mean that any 15 year old could build them, given that they spend the time to learn it. Maybe that person was a rollplayer, and went through hypothetical situations with real world variables, maybe that was a fascination they had as a child. Personally, I don't think physical age matters, rather our mental one. Some adults spend their days flipping burgers and Mic Donald's, some children study college level physics and biology on their computers. Not all kids are dumb teens who spend all their time texting their friends about their friends. Maybe a little back story would have helped, maybe a little clarification is needed, but that does not constitute to the character, at this point in her life, being inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm

I would completely accept Vipera's character if there were some clarification. All I saw though was that she woke up and started making fatal mixtures of whatever she could put together. There's also the fact that the family being poor to take into consideration. They wouldn't be able to afford a computer or a good school to give to her, let alone the materials for her to learn how to make them. She also has Aspergers and ADD, so the odds of her "mental age" being anywhere near impressive is not in Vipera's favor. I'm also curious how she has an attentiveness to detail while also having ADD, which means "attention deficit disorder".

As for the other characters, the rest are fine, save for one. The female cop seems a little bland. Like the usual self-righteous protector of good and all that. Mata's old lady assassin intrigues me, and your private investigator, God-mod, made me laugh just a little. I liked him. TheOperator's character... eugh.

A cold-blooded killer that holds no remorse for his victims or his families, who kills just to move on to his next victim, kills because nobody loved him. If that didn't seem silly enough, I later learned that he's also a master of ninjitsu and tai-chi and he's only 25.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Well, I guess they like to choose the exception so they can display a selection of traits but not all of them. I think Vipera ment that her characters only have a mild case of Aspergers which affects the reading and displaying of body language and emotions. I tend to do the same thing, because personally, emotions are really confusing to me, but I still know what effect they have on people but not why they have that effect, I just don't display many of them, or do so at weird times. I think thats what she ment, because in that case it wouldn't be debilitating, just a bit annoying.

As for the ADD, I'm not sure why thats in there, maybe as an explanation of her characters mentality which is not compatible with mathematics, rather english and biology.

And I see your point with them being poor, maybe it would have helped if she had said that her character had a phone that had internet, some of the time, so she had to be really determined to get the information to bother, or she went to the library every day to do research on the computers there.

I'm glad that you liked my character, I was going for a bit of a comedy act with him, and would appreciate any input on him as he is still very much a work in progress.

And I kind of think TheOperator wants to be the biggest pain in the A to catch, so as to be of great entertainment value for us murder mystery junkies. As for Mata's, I would have to agree with you on that one. I'm not sure that if Seymour caught her, he would turn her in, just so that there would be somone who was interesting to (almost) catch out there.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:58 pm

God-mod wrote:
And I kind of think TheOperator wants to be the biggest pain in the A to catch, so as to be of great entertainment value for us murder mystery junkies.

Yarg, foiled again.

@Lieo

Ninjitsu is a very easy art to learn if you know how the nervous/skeletal system works. I chose it because it's not overpowered. He is not strong, heck, a large cop could overpower him. Also, I said he has mastered Ninjitsu and Ninjitsu only. I said he has TRAINING on Tai chi, which isn't even an offensive art in the first place. I could run around saying I have training and Tai Quan Do, yet only know a few chops and kicks.

Jakal is sloppy on the job (He leaves evidence) and I gave him this weakness specifically for God-mod's character to be his bane. His age I created for another reason, one, he's not as experienced as some other assassins, and two, it leaves little room for experiences outside of his training.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:11 am

Lieo wrote:
I'm gonna review a thing or two.

I just have some questions concerning the character, if you don't mind Vipera. Firstly, how does someone be nice and gentle and still be a complete and utter sociopath? Where does a fifteen year old girl come off that she actually becomes a serial killer just for the sake of serial killing? It's not like she gets hired to do anything. I'd also like to know how exactly she suddenly became such an expert at poisoning and crafting explosives. Really, there's no build up to that. "She's smart so she just woke up and started making rat poisons and grenades."

As for the father, I'd like to know how the father could desperately look for work if he was arrested by the FBI, for stealing money from the company of all things (which can put you in jail for at almost a year if not more, but still doesn't warrant FBI intervention). As for his murder by next door drug dealer, I'd like to explain how that does not fall together. The last thing any drug dealer would like is publicity of any sort. If there's a murder next door, neighbors are automatic suspects, even if he did not commit the murder. If they find drugs, he gets into prison for at least a year for its distribution. Mafia or not, they are not going to want to be discovered. What did he get murdered for, anyways? How did mother die? Where did the fifteen year old girl even get the supplies needed for poisons and explosives?

So many questions.

Lieo, you need to take a second look at the sheet. Selena's father didn't get arrested, his boss did. It's based off of the movie Tower Heist, where it turned out that the main character's boss had committed a crime, and all the employees wound up broke. I think the act of cheating on such a scale as a owner of a company can lead to such things. The reason I asked God-mod to help me with this RP is because law isn't my area of expertise, I'm bound to make some fumbles here and there, and I can't tell the difference between fraud and swindling. As for the dealer, nobody publicly announced anything. This is based off of real life things that happened to my relatives, although nobody died. It's quite strange when people pull up into your driveway, and wait for well over an hour, and you know they're looking for the guy next door. Her father, by this point, had found a low-paying job, and just wound up with the wrong neighbor. He reported the whole incident, someone dangerous found out, and he and his wife were killed at the same time, I guess I should have re-worded that. Selena escaped, having no idea what happened, until she saw a paper, where people believed the Drug dealer might have been linked to the Mafia somehow. I should have mentioned that, too.

As for Asperger's and mild ADD, that's my own mentality. However, by this point in my life, my coping mechanisms allows me to overcome most difficulties with concentration, I have effectively overcome them. However for ADD, I don't like math, and like all subjects I find boring, I tune it out, so it's mostly just linked to not being able to focus on what I find boring, and the lack of motivation to finish what I started. I am still very artistic, and it is not impossible if someone has ADD that they cannot have an attentiveness. Instead, think of it as, so highly attentive that I get distracted by small things others wouldn't notice. As for Aspergers, it's a higher-than average IQ with specialized interests, although they are not prominent as much in females as they are in males. We struggle socially, but can overcome most issues. We also display a mild psychopathic quality of lacking empathy. In real life, I can be quite nice. I call people 'sir' or 'ma'am' and say thank you if they do me a favor, even if it is as small as lending me a sheet of paper, or a pencil. I am very nice and gentle when it comes to strangers and the general public. This does not count for people I dislike, however. But I do not call it superficial charm, because people are not simply tools and things I can use for my personal gain. This does not mean that Selena doesn't have a certain degree of suppressed anger, however.

My character has a lot of my own personality, and she isn't a sociopath, although I can see why you might say she is like one. In reality, she does have a certain regard for human life, although once she kills someone, she isn't like one of those more realistic hit men, who see their victim's faces and are tormented for their entire lives. She knows what she's done is incredibly wrong, but she doesn't feel emotionally upset too much. I myself am capable of detaching myself from things, and it's even easier if I know that the death is coming, and am not taken by surprise. When my own pet rat, Echo, who I loved greatly, died, it only took me maybe one day before I accepted her death and moved on. I don't feel haunted, although I was the one who told my parents to put her down, after seeing that she had a tumor that was causing her to starve. My character won't feel as much regret if she kills someone, and does not bother to research things about them. One kid who had the disability had a wonderful dog for a pet, and when it died, all he did was walk up to his mom and tell her it was blocking the door. Not a single tear was shed.

My character, after losing her parents, felt a deep version of anger, before fading to something slightly more shallow, which she tries to keep there to justify the fact that she has killed people in a vigilante attempt to destroy the Mafia and survive. She basically decided she was going to kill these guys, and acted upon it. Really, it's more of an, "I started this, and now I should finish this, because I need to do so." For the liking of destruction, it's not super-bad. More like the part where you take out all your anger and stress on an inanimate object. The pessimistic side is shabbily hidden, and it's mostly just analyzing the worst-case scenario. The poisonings and bombs aren't genuinely complex. I myself have a weird interest in things that can kill humans, and how poisons work. When I research things, I tend to remember them the first time, and don't need to study notes. As you can see, she's used Benadryl and Drain cleaner to kill, crude, but effective. As for the bomb, it was caused by a low grade explosive made from potassium nitrate, taken from fertilizer. Nothing she made is really high-grade. As for how she disappears, it's into a sewer. A sewer has so many different things in it, how can you not have trouble tracking someone? There's rats, and all these different things that rushed out of someone's sink, of bathtub, or toilet. Chemicals and DNA would be difficult to track through there. She's sort of someone that knows she's gotten into a fix, but has decided that there's nothing she can do to change it.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 am

I like the bomb bit....

Mainly because I am a pyromaniac and I tend to make homemade explosives...

Like a pipe bomb for example: Get a peice of PVC pipe, an cap up one side. Then, stuff some tissue at the bottom, fill it with gun powder (Easily acquirable at walmart) then cap up that side, drill a hole at the newly capped side, stick a peice of hay or other easily lightable item in the hole, light it, throw, and run.

Of course, most of the lit bombs are thrown into a lake where the shrapnel is fished out later on and go off under water (No property damage, no problem).

Stick a handful of screws in that gun powder and not only do you have an explotion, you have sharp metal objects flying in every direction.

Vipera, if you'd like, you're welcome to use some of these ideas. If you want anymore, just ask.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm

TheOperator wrote:
Ninjitsu is a very easy art to learn if you know how the nervous/skeletal system works.
Let's save this for later.
TheOperator wrote:
I chose it because it's not overpowered. He is not strong, heck, a large cop could overpower him.
Fascinating. You mean he isn't "lean, toned, and wiry with muscle" like it says in your sheet? It reminds me of those phrases some people use such as "he looks skinny but is actually very strong", which is the literary equivalent of "No offense, but you're the ugliest person I've ever met". But let's forget I even brought that fact up, and accept that he's a scrawny CENSORED Now back to this:
TheOperator wrote:
Ninjitsu is a very easy art to learn if you know how the nervous/skeletal system works.
Ninjutsu is a very calm style, and like you said, works well when you know about the nervous system and skeletal system. If I were to meet you, could you honestly look me in the eye and say that a master of ninjutsu wouldn't be able to handle a big cop?
TheOperator wrote:
Also, I said he has mastered Ninjitsu and Ninjitsu only. I said he has TRAINING on Tai chi, which isn't even an offensive art in the first place. I could run around saying I have training and Tai Quan Do, yet only know a few chops and kicks.
Oops, training, okay. So hey, here's a question for you. Would it even be worth mentioning his training in tai chi if his skill in it was comparable to your skill in taekwondo? So apparently, he is good enough at tai chi for you to mention it, which leaves me with questions that looks kind of like this: Where did Jakel get the time on top of his sniper training to master ninjutsu and become decent at tai chi? I'll leave you to meditate on that while I move on to the other part of your post.
TheOperator wrote:
Jakal is sloppy on the job (He leaves evidence) and I gave him this weakness specifically for God-mod's character to be his bane.
Do you want to know how little being sloppy with your kill matters when you're shooting your target from across the city with a sniper rifle? Speaking of which, why would he even bother to have ninjutsu training when he can pick people off from a mile away?
TheOperator wrote:
His age I created for another reason, one, he's not as experienced as some other assassins, and two, it leaves little room for experiences outside of his training.
Experienced enough however, to handle sniper rifles and master a form of martial arts?

Pardon me if you will, but the whole post was rather laughable. I'm not out for you really, I'm mostly just here to comment on Vipera's character. You're just an appetizer for the most part.

ViperaUnion wrote:
Selena's father didn't get arrested, his boss did.
I admittedly overlooked that small detail. That actually renders part of my post moot, but technical info such as that does is not detrimental to the point of my post, which would be your character.
ViperaUnion wrote:
Her father, by this point, had found a low-paying job, and just wound up with the wrong neighbor. He reported the whole incident, someone dangerous found out, and he and his wife were killed at the same time, I guess I should have re-worded that.
Her father did not find another job, as pointed out by the sheet, and her father did not report anything, as pointed out by the sheet. In fact, what exactly did he report? That somebody was hanging out in their own driveway?
ViperaUnion wrote:
Selena escaped, having no idea what happened, until she saw a paper, where people believed the Drug dealer might have been linked to the Mafia somehow...
And like a sheep, she believed rumors that she saw on the newspaper...
ViperaUnion wrote:
...I should have mentioned that, too.
You think?
ViperaUnion wrote:
As for Asperger's and mild ADD, that's my own mentality. However, by this point in my life, my coping mechanisms allows me to overcome most difficulties with concentration, I have effectively overcome them. However for ADD, I don't like math, and like all subjects I find boring, I tune it out, so it's mostly just linked to not being able to focus on what I find boring, and the lack of motivation to finish what I started. I am still very artistic, and it is not impossible if someone has ADD that they cannot have an attentiveness. Instead, think of it as, so highly attentive that I get distracted by small things others wouldn't notice.
Like a painful hangnail on your finger. I know people with Aspergers and I know others with ADD. Attentiveness to detail is important, but do you even try to stay concentrated on small, boring little details? If you ignore your math teacher, I'm pretty sure you won't bother concentrating on a boring little grain of sand on your shoe.
ViperaUnion wrote:
As for Aspergers, it's a higher-than average IQ with specialized interests
No, it's a social development disorder. Some people with Aspergers are very intelligent, but it can be for any number of reasons. There can be a shy kid in the corner of your classroom that does not interact with people and gets good grades. Why? It's not because they have Aspergers(which is different than shy) but because they're not social, which would give them less of a reason to focus on your fellow classmates and more reason to focus on the blackboard and the teacher.

Saying "sir" or "ma'am" isn't just a nice trait found in people with Aspergers, or that they're equally capable of saying nice things. But aren't those just simply programmed responses, or text-book definitions on how to politely greet someone? Yes they are. People can know they work or why, but they don't have to understand it.
ViperaUnion wrote:
My character has a lot of my own personality, and she isn't a sociopath, although I can see why you might say she is like one. In reality, she does have a certain regard for human life, although once she kills someone, she isn't like one of those more realistic hit men, who see their victim's faces and are tormented for their entire lives. She knows what she's done is incredibly wrong, but she doesn't feel emotionally upset too much.
I don't even have to say anything, really. But to lay out the obvious details, yes, she can be emotionally distant. Even considering her parents died. But there's one thing that makes me doubt your repeatedly mentioned diagnostic of your Aspergers. People with Aspergers aren't emotionally numb. They can be oblivious to other people's feelings, or even be unsure of what they're supposed to be feeling. Hell, what you're saying, feeling nothing or feeling the wrong emotion when a experiencing a death sounds like flat out schizophrenia. People with Aspergers can be scared, sad, happy, love and the whole range of emotions that I am capable of feeling. There's also a difference of not feeling remorse for an action you've done, feeling no pain after a traumatic event, and knowing what is wrong and what isn't. We don't have to understand why it's wrong or feel bad about doing something wrong. But Selena should know that, hey! Serial killing is a serious offense, and you can get in serious trouble. In fact, a fifteen year old girl, Aspergers or not, would likely feel so incredibly guilty knowing that they did something tremendously wrong.

ViperaUnion wrote:
My character, after losing her parents, felt a deep version of anger
Rage.
ViperaUnion wrote:
which she tries to keep there to justify the fact that she has killed people in a vigilante attempt to destroy the Mafia and survive. She basically decided she was going to kill these guys, and acted upon it. Really, it's more of an, "I started this, and now I should finish this, because I need to do so."
Which leads us back to her being a sheep and believing the newspaper about something that remains unconfirmed. If that's what you're shooting for, fine, that makes it even more interesting. A villain that believes they're doing the right thing over an entire misunderstanding or vague possibility.
ViperaUnion wrote:
For the liking of destruction, it's not super-bad. More like the part where you take out all your anger and stress on an inanimate object.
Taking out your anger on something and enjoying yourself watching the world crumble are to completely different things. Throwing a glass bottle against the wall =! Batman: The Dark Knight.
ViperaUnion wrote:
The poisonings and bombs aren't genuinely complex.
Do you want to know how many teenagers try to commit suicide by overdosing on ibuprofen, aspirin, cough drops and other things of that nature? Do you want to know how often it doesn't work?
ViperaUnion wrote:
I myself have a weird interest in things that can kill humans, and how poisons work. When I research things, I tend to remember them the first time, and don't need to study notes. As you can see, she's used Benadryl and Drain cleaner to kill, crude, but effective. As for the bomb, it was caused by a low grade explosive made from potassium nitrate, taken from fertilizer. Nothing she made is really high-grade. As for how she disappears, it's into a sewer. A sewer has so many different things in it, how can you not have trouble tracking someone? There's rats, and all these different things that rushed out of someone's sink, of bathtub, or toilet. Chemicals and DNA would be difficult to track through there. She's sort of someone that knows she's gotten into a fix, but has decided that there's nothing she can do to change it.
Congratulations, you have resources that allow you how to create bombs and poisons, where Selena never did. How would she ever find out that benadryl and drain cleaner kills people, the internet? Oh wait... she never had that. Also, a question! How would she poison people with drain cleaning fluids and benadryl? It would be incredibly obvious that the drinks were spiked, and even if she did add just enough to make it undetectable, there would be too little substance, and their drink would dilute the substance anyhow. Anyways, I do not think I mentioned anything about her and the sewers, but now that you bring it up, how would she get the supplies to make her stuff assuming that she even knew how to? Do you want to know what authorities do when they see dirty little orphans walking the streets? They take them to shelters and orphanages. Even if she does escape back into the sewers, how long do you think it will takes for the diseases down there to take hold and kill poor Selena? Not long, I guarantee you. My review?

Stop watching television. Study a little bit more on what you want your character to be before blindly running into something.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:24 am

You overlook one main aspect in this entire thing: This is an RP meant for fun, not for people to launch into debates that downgrade their self-image or confidence in themselves. People do these RP's because we want to enjoy them, not because we're trying to publish a book. Dissecting sheets like you're doing isn't making our RPing better if we start to feel restricted or uncomfortable in our creative freedom, and I was going for a character that could add depth to a story. Usually, you learn more about my characters as the story continues, and I am a fan of fictional fantasy stories, most of the time, but I made this RP because we needed one like it, and I try to explore different forms. If you like RPing and realism, and don't approve of our sheets here, then I'm surprised you don't start your own and have it your way, so you can just not have to deal with this one and give everyone a hard time when we're just trying to have some fun.

As for my Asperger's, I do not willingly lie to anyone, not on a mental disability or mentality. If I did, I would be dealing with a major, crushing guilt. It's far too serious. I was pulled out of public school and home-schooled, because I began to fail, due to organizational skills. I did my work, I got all the right answers, but then I would lose them due to my messy folders. I went to a psychiatrist, and was diagnosed, and attended weekly therapy, which I see by this point, had no genuine value, as he made me focus on problems that were not there. When I stopped going to sessions, he never once called to see how I was. One aspect of Asperger’s, is that if not diagnosed early, it can lead to different things, including additional disorders. People may also grow 'numb' as you put it, and detached against their will from the world around them. I used to be very social, and would approach people, but I’ve learned, that these people in my age group aren’t very nice. I could tell you plenty of experiences that would prove my point.

he fact that it seems you imply I was lying is insulting, degrading, and overly harsh. The fact that you would use profanity towards someone else is even worse. Also, again, let me point out some things on my sheet that shouldn’t have to be mentioned. Don't point out anything else, just look at what I am going to tell you, because it can very well be realistic, or at least okay for an RP for people trying to have fun.

Quote :
Biography: Rodentia was born under the name Selena Rhodes, to loving parents, in a slightly poorer middle-class neighborhood on the outskirts of New York. For many years, they lived in peace, until when Rodentia was thirteen, her father, who worked for a rich hotel, discovered that his boss had been swindling his employees. After the boss of Rodentia’s father was arrested by the FBI for federal charges, and fraud, her family went broke, and they fell into poverty. Her mother was unemployed, and stayed at home, caring for her daughter, while her father desperately searched for a job. A year after, when Rodentia was fourteen, her father was murdered, after reporting to the police that a suspected drug dealer was living next to the family, and later discovering that it was a small branch of the American Mafia. Soon after, Rodentia’s mother died, and before she could become a ward of the state, Rodentia herself fled from the suburbs, crossing to the other half of the city with her pet rat, and then descending into the sewers below. As a result, Rodentia was believed to have been kidnapped, and the investigation for the search of the missing Selena Rhodes still goes on in the wrong part of the city a year later. Rodentia, knowing that people believed she was dead, allowed herself to do things that would have made her parents upset and furious. She used her incredible knowledge (Which got her A’s and B’s in school) to begin making poisons, and explosives. She invented a rat poison, and kept it far from her own pet rat, keeping the untamed, possibly diseased vermin away from her living area in the sewer, although her actual location was too far away from the actual active sewer to really be of any interest to a rat, and there was only the faintest amount of moisture in the area. She decided that she would make life for all of the Mafia miserable, and would see their crime bosses fall at her hand, if only to save more lives. However, in order to survive herself, she must acquire food and provisions, which she does by taking jobs from people who are too afraid to hire older, more experienced assassins.

Rodentia was thirteen, and I know for certain, that you can have a computer if you are still middle-class, even if it's on the poorer side of the spectrum. I know, that long before I was that age, I researched this kind of stuff, and I actually know stuff like this, because I researched things in books that I read, and discovered they were facts. It doesn't mean it didn't scare my parents a little, it's still unnerving, to a degree.

Also, she doesn't take kills from fancy crime bosses. Say you've got this guy who owns a cafe. One guy comes in every day, talking for the phone for hours, and he's annoying, and doesn't even buy anything. If he had a bad temper, and was blind enough to not be able to find any other solution, he'd look for Rodentia, because that's the kind of jobs she does, cheaply. I'm not going to say that it's unrealistic, because I know, for a fact, that there are some pretty foolish people in the world. I wouldn't believe that something like this hasn't happened before if you told me it did.

Again, if you disapprove of the way I run things, I'm sorry, but not everyone likes to add that much realism. I RP for fun, just like everyone else here. I do not like people attacking me, or my friends, just because we decided it would be fun to do something so simple as have a character based off ourselves to a degree, or find a way to add emotional depth. I also loathe profanity, and using it is a direct violation of forum rules. If you want to make an RP like this, but that is more realistic, then that's okay. You can do that, I won't stop you. But you aren't a moderator here, and forgive me if I feel like you enjoy picking at people, especially in the sense that you came here solely to criticize my one sheet, and treated Operator's like some sort of appetizer for a main course. You've already done it once, and I changed my mind on your urging, after feeling humiliated for lashing out. However, I won't let myself do that again.

Right now, I am asking you to please drop the matter, and leave it be. I'm not snapping, because I am aware that you have some fine points in your argument. However, not everyone likes to be that realistic. We like to add a bit of flexibility to our characters, because we like to have some sense of freedom in Roleplaying. Please do not try to argue with me, or say anything else on the matter. What's done is done. I've said all I will say on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 5:40 am

I think you completely misunderstand my intentions.

First off, I'd like to point out that I am completely aware of the purpose of most roleplays is to have fun; however, I have always been a fan of the belief that one can have fun while being factually accurate. This being said, I have no quarrel with dragon roleplays. It's when things get unrealistic in the sense that facts get skewed in the progress. For example, someone killing somebody by "poisoning" the water with a numerous aspirin pills, like, five maybe. That wouldn't happen. This is by no means any attempt to spoil anyone's fun, and you don't have to take any of what I say to heart. I was hoping that you could set your pride aside and think about what I said so that you may improve, instead of trying to defend yourself from a non-existent attack.

ViperaUnion wrote:
Rodentia was thirteen, and I know for certain, that you can have a computer if you are still middle-class, even if it's on the poorer side of the spectrum.
Awesome; unfortunately however, from a logical standpoint, do you think that Rodentia's parents would have the money to spare to even consider buying a new computer and to pay the upkeep of the monthly internet bill? Perhaps they would if they weren't so wise with their money. If I were in the lower-middle class, I'd spend my money carefully, and internet would simply be an unnecessary luxury. But let's assume they did have money at the time. Her father's boss has been arrested, and he couldn't find another job. You know what I would do to help save money? Cut the internet. By that time, Selena would be... thirteen at most? I might be mistaken, I'm not sure. Anyways, she may have been a little young to be interested in poisoning people and crafting bombs. She's a little girl.

Like I said before, how you take everything I say is completely up to you. I can't get blamed if you take it the wrong way. By no means were any of my posts supposed to come off as hostile, and I am sorry if you think I'm a big meanie right now. Never once have I blatantly swore to someone here (it wouldn't even matter since the "curse words" are unattractively censored). The first time was referring to myself and the possibility of me coming off as anything but polite, and the second was referring to a character, pointing out that he would be incredibly unfit.

I'd be taking the advice if I were in your place, and I'm surprised that you aren't considering you claim that you wish to improve your skills. That's what you said right? Have you ever said that? Let's assume you're an open minded person and say that you did, and if that's the case, I'm sure an open minded person like yourself would give everything that I have to say some thought.

I'm not going to drop the matter, because there is no matter to be dropped. There's no argument, no conflict, there's only do or don't: take my criticism or don't. If you don't like me giving you feedback on your work, fine. I'm sorry you flipped out because somebody didn't happen to like your character. Rolling Eyes

It's almost the equivalent of turning off the Xbox when things go badly.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:59 pm

I think its the fact that you use subtle sarcasm as a form of humor that might be making this come off like an attack, from my perspective anyway. Some people do rollplay to have fun and as a stress releaver and debate seems stressful to those people and is not something they want to do in their free time, so when you start a debate its like petting a cat the wrong way.

I personally like to have good long debates of the minutia in things, but have learned from experience that while I personally am trying to help, most people react poorly to that kind of constructive criticism because they don't want to be bothered with the 'little details' in life and just want to focus on the big picture. Thats why people tend to shun the kinds of people who seem to notice everything, because they don't care, about that green mud on the bumper. And when you try and explain why there is green mud, and what the green mud might mean. They try and tune you out and get stressed over you not shutting up. So, its important to realize when your just wasting your breath, because no matter what you say, that person will not care about the green mud on the bumper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killers (OOC)   Killers (OOC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Killers (OOC)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next