Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Freedom's Last Hope

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

Freedom's Last Hope Empty
PostSubject: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:54 am

Samuel could hear the agonizing screams of his parents as he watched them being executed by the demon invaders, telling him and his older sister, Saige, to run away to go find their grandparents, as they should be safe with them. Samuel screamed in terror as his sister tried to comfort him and get him to run away. They then ran away, out of the small village, which was still being under siege by an evil mage and his demonic servants.  That was when Samuel woke up in his bed, hyperventilating. He had had the nightmare again. The nightmare of that horrible memory. He woke up his sister and informed her he had another nightmare.

Last edited by Daemonica on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 2:08 am

Saige, who had been sleeping peacefully and dreaming of rabbits in a meadow, moaned when Samuel awoke. Another nightmare? She sighed mentally, her own recollection of the night her parents had died passing through her head. To think, that had only been two weeks ago.

"This isn't good," Saige said, oddly numbed. "You've been having nightmares like this almost every night..." She rubbed her eyes sleepily. "...Any idea what time it is?"

Not that it mattered. She didn't think she'd be going back to sleep now. Not with the haunting memories flitting through her head.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 2:20 am

"Guessing by the sunrise, I'd say about 5:00 a.m." Samuel mumbled. He then stretched his arms and let out out a long, exasperated sigh. "I'm going to go get a pale of water from the well so I don't have to hear grandfather yell at me to do it later." Samuel then ventured just outside of his grandparent's small cottage to fetch a pale of water from the well. As he got to the well and filled the pale with water, he had the sudden urge to look out into the valley, towards the direction of the village that he and his sister used to call home. He tried not to bring the memories of his parents' deaths back into his head and quickly walked back inside the cottage and placed the water pale down. He then walked back into he and his sister's room. "There. I'm back." He said as he sat down on his bed.

Last edited by Daemonica on Fri May 16, 2014 1:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 2:38 am

"Grandpa will be up soon," Saige mused. "And when he wakes up, he'll want us to do chores..." She cracked a grin. "Why don't we leave him a note and go flying instead?"

Saige was a form of animagus; she had the ability to transform into a creature. Unfortunatly, due to her young age, she had a hard time controlling it for long periods of time. She found that the more she practiced, the better she became at maintaining her form...And that form was that of a black dragon with deep, aqua-colored eyes. It was the same shade of black as her hair, and their eyes matched.

"...You know I need the practice, and I think I can hold the form better when you're with me."
Back to top Go down
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 2:46 am

"Sure." Samuel said with excitement. He quickly got ready and prepared a note for their grandparents. "Let's just hope you don't change back to human while we're in midair like last time." He said as he chuckled to himself for a second. He remembered what had happened last time. They were flying when Saige had suddenly morphed back into her human form and they crashed, ending up with some slight bruises and scratches. He even remembered how they had to lie to their grandparents by telling them a made up story of how they where attacked by some wild animals. "I don't think they'll believe the same story twice." Samuel said as he had packed his bag with his spell books in them. He loved reading and from time to time, he practiced spell casting.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 2:54 am

Saige got out of bed, still in her nightgown, and tiptoed outside. It was just dawn, and the light was absolutely beautiful. She admired the golden light and the pink clouds for a long moment, enjoying the light breeze flowing through her hair. She took a deep breath, taking in the scents and sounds of the early morning. It was a bit chilly, but it would warm up. Not that the cold would bother her in her other form anyway.

She took another deep breath, and exhaled slowly. And then she began to change.
Back to top Go down
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:04 am

Samuel had walked outside with his sister and watched in awe as she morphed into a dragon from head to toe. "I still don't know what goes on with your body when you transform," He said in confusion. "I mean, how does your skeletal structure change, your skin turn to scale? You grow these unremarkable wings and a tail and it just fascinates me more and more every time." Being smart for his age and having a love of wanting to gain knowledge, learning new things always made him happy.

He took his glasses out of his pocket and put them on and asked if his sister was ready.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:17 am

"Climb on," Saige said, speaking in a most unusual way. Her draconic mouth didn't move, but her voice could be heard coming from her general direction. She laid down on the grass, so that Samuel could climb aboard with ease. Her black form was in direct contrast with the morning light, and she worried that her grandparents would wake and see her before they had to chance to leave.
Back to top Go down
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:25 am

Samuel looked back to make sure his grandparents hadn't awaken. "Okay. The coast is clear." He said, reassuring Saige as he had climbed atop her back. "Go ahead and take to the skies." Samuel said. '"You know, I've been working on something that should give you a bit more control over your form so you have a lower chance of randomly changing in between the two forms." He said.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:29 am

"Really?" Saige asked, curiosity piqued. She spread her wings and took a running start, and then off they were into the skies. It was slow going at first, until she got into the rhythem of things, and she soared up into the clouds. It was very quiet up there, for some odd reason. Even with the wind, it seemed oddly muffled.

"Have you been working on a spell again?"
Back to top Go down
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:36 am

"Why, yes I have. I'm almost done with it. It should help clear your mind and help you stay in your dragon form for longer by not ruining your focus. And when you're in your human form it should keep you from randomly changing into a dragon when you're nervous. I've been observing every time you randomly change, and my conclusions where that when nervous, you have a higher chance of changing into a dragon; and as a dragon, when lacking focus, you have a higher chance of changing back into human." Samuel had said while feeling the wind in his hair. It felt good to him. Like it gave him a sense of freedom, which is something he hasn't felt in a while.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:45 am

"Huh..." Saige answered. "That's brilliant. Are you going to give it a try?"

She maneuvered herself to catch a lovely updraft, leveling her wings out to a glide. Below, she could see the farmhouse where they had been just minutes ago. It looked so tiny, like a house for dolls. She smiled draconically, remembering her nice collection of dolls back in the house.
Back to top Go down
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:54 am

"Right this moment?" Well I could give it a try right now if you-" He paused for a second, noticing that Saige seemed distracted by something. "Saige, you have to remember not to lose focus. As I was saying, I'll give it a try if you want me to." He said as he took out one of his spell books from his back and went to the page where he wrote the spell. "Okay. I'm about to cast it on you." He then read from the book and casted the spell on his sister, in hopes that it would work. "Well how do you feel now?" He said with curiousity.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 5:45 am

Saige waited to feel any different, her nervousness getting to her. She shook her head, refusing to let her fear control her. She felt...better. Like she was more in control than she had been in a long time.

"I think it works," she said, slightly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 12:23 am

"That's great!" Samuel said with pride, knowing his spell was a success. He smiled. He likes being able to help out his sister. He looked down to the ground, wondering if their grandparents have awoken yet, then grew concerned. "I hope our grandparents are still asleep by the time we get back." He said with a bit of nervousness. They both knew their grandparents would be worried if they were gone.

Especially in these times of darkness and disarray.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 3:24 am

"Should we head back?" Saige asked, following Samuel's gaze. She did enjoy flying, but she too knew the dangers of the world. As she thought of this, her concentration started to slip. Hastily, she refocused and began descending. The farmhouse wasnt far away, but for some reason she felt a growing sense of unease, like something was wrong.

I'm probably just being paranoid...
Back to top Go down
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:23 pm

"I guess we should head back." Samuel said with worry, as he too felt like something was awry. He then look off into the distance and noticed some storm clouds approaching. "How could a storm be setting in? The weather was fine just earlier. Hmm, we should try getting back a bit faster so we can prepare if necessary." He said, trying not to sound cowardly.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 3:05 am

"Alright," Saige said, picking up the pace. She folded her wings halfway and eased into a dive, rather like a giant eagle. She hadn't flown in storms very often, and didn't feel like putting her concentration to the test on an already distracting morning.

"...That's a very strange storm," she commented, looking at the dark vapors hanging in the air. "It was so sunny earlier. What happened?"
Back to top Go down
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 1:15 am

"I share your confusion, Saige. I, too, cannot explain it." Samuel said, worried about the storm. The two siblings make it back to their cottage, still concerned about the menacing, dark maelstrom heading their way.

"We should warn our grandparents. But hopefully they won't question why we were outside." Samuel said.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 6:15 pm

"Good idea," Saige whispered, letting Samuel off her back and sliding back into her human form. She skipped up to the front door and quietly let herself in. The house was very quiet in the early morning, nothing but the wind of the approaching storm made any noise. Stepping on creaky boards in the floor, Saige found herself tiptoeing through the house like a bandit. Slowly, she approached the door to her grandparents' room, and cracked the door open.

"Gramma? Grandpa?" she called quietly. "Are you awake?"
Back to top Go down
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 1:20 am

Samuel stood behind his sister, wondering how his grandparents would react to the two siblings being awake so early. "How are we going to explain everything to them if they start questioning us?" Samuel whispered with worry. Their grandparents are rather strict sometimes and Samuel knew they didn't like being woken up. But he and Saige knew they had no other choice but to do so.

Then their grandparents awoken.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:53 am

Saige waved shyly, a sheepish expression on her face. "There's a nasty storm coming." She looked to her grandparents with respect. They weren't her parents, but they had been all she and Samuel had had since...well. She nodded that thought away.
Back to top Go down
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Their grandparents acknowledged that and went back to bed "We'll be in our room if you need us to do anything." Samuel said, as he just wanted to get back to his room, as standing there by the door of his grandparents' room made him feel uncomfortable. The two siblings went back to their room, confronting their grandparents like that made them feel awkward.

"That went...well. I guess" Samuel said.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 10:10 pm

"Better than last time," Saige laughed, remembering all the chores they'd been assigned for sneaking out on their previous venture. "So. What do you want to do now?"

She was bored, and defiantly didn't want to do chores. They needed something to do or their grandparents would surely make them do something.
Back to top Go down
Daemonica
Newborn
Daemonica

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:21 pm

"I'm not too sure about that. Going outside clearly isn't an option." Samuel said. "Hmm. How about we mess around with some spells?" Samuel said with excitement. He never liked doing chores and was willing to do anything just to avoid having to do them right now.

Then an idea struck Samuel. "Hey, why do chores when you can sit back, relax, and let magic do all the hard work for you?" Samuel said with a smirk and took out his spell book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freedom's Last Hope   Freedom's Last Hope Empty

Back to top Go down

Freedom's Last Hope
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next