Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ophidian Vale

Go down 
+6
Sairei
CrystalDragoness
FlowerFox
Maxx
ViperaUnion
Derkal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Ophidian Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:56 am

Grox, my dragon is obviously impossible. I deal in exacts with all of my characters. I always do. I don't say "he's tall" I say "He stands at about 6'1". It's how I do things. I want my dragons to be realistic. It's how I write. It's what I like to do. I don't see why you're getting so offended over this. I write in a certain style, and that's the way I like it.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:45 am

I would agree with Maxx to the extent of including something regarding size and wingspan, at least. It helps visualize the dragon in your mind, and it also gives people a definite idea of how big or small their dragon is. It wouldn't help if I said a dragon was massive, and then had it fit into a place too small for something like it.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:58 am

Offended? Why would I need that?

As I said, height's understandable as it's easier to imagine. I'm just saying, I'm not a friend of technicalities in these magic RPs.

And your characters were accepted, I advice that you take my advise for future events in this RP and move on. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:02 am

Was that for me or for Maxx? Gah, never mind.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 5:43 am

Both of you really, but more Maxx. Anyways, as soon as Sar posts her sheet I'll start the IC.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:04 am

Name: Dillusia

Appearance: Dillusia is a dream dragon. She is approximately eight feet long, and four feet high. She is thin and fluid when physical, and she is dark teal in color. Her eyes are varying shades of pink, and she has a single, large set of glamerous gauzy wings that range between a glowing cyan and a dark pink. Her tail ends in a long, blue, feather-like extension, and she has several long feathers atop her head, right above her large cat-like ears.
Her claws are short and sharp.

Personality: Dillusia is a very laid-back dragon, preferring to go with the flow rather than make huge life-changing descisions. She has a very interesting speech pattern, and often falls asleep in strange places. She will ask personal questions without thought of how they will make one feel, as she is not private person and willing to talk to anyone. Despite this, she's not the most outgoing.
She views most events in a dreamlike state, which can get her in trouble because she has a hard time processing danger. It comes with the occupation.
She is a very creative person; artistic and young at heart, she finds something beautiful in everything.

History: Dillusia was of course, born in the dream realm. She assumed her physical form at the age of 100, and thus gained the ability to slip between the Dream Realm and the Vale at will. She finds the physical realm much more entertaining than the fluidity of the Dream Realm, and thus spent most of her time there until the point where she assumed the role of dream-bringer.
After she messed up someone's dreams pretty badly for about six years, someone came along to replace her, and she hasn't been giving dreams since.

Abilities/Powers: She has the mild ability of hypnotism, sometimes causing others to fall asleep where they stand. She also can create minor illusions, resembling dreamscapes or nightmares within a certain radius.
Dillusia can slip between the Dream Realm and the Physical Realm, which is essentially her way of teleportaion. This doesn't work over long distances, perhaps the maximum of fifty feet. It's handy for a quick getaway, as anything short of another dream dragon or a mind flayer can hurt her while within the Dream Realm.
....As a side note, the Dream Realm is another plane of existence within the Physical Realm. It's simply unseen and unfelt until one is asleep. Walking through it is just like walking through the regular realm, only one can't be touched.
Being dream dragon comes with limited mind-flaying abilities. These abilities are especially strong at night, under a starlit sky or a full moon. She can shred someone's mind to bits, reducing them to mindless vegetables.
...Sadly, since she's not very good at it, the effect is usually just one killer headache. Sometimes rage helps her focus, but being of fluid mind is distracting.
Breath weapon? A purplish light that induces sleep, and often leaves the victim with the feeling of having a hangover.

Other: FLAME.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:10 am

Nice Sar! Accepted!
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:36 pm

I might edit that later.
I was rushed. >_<
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:46 pm

You know, I may make another dragon, but not one that's massive or extremely small. It would be another female, which would travel with some NPC dragons, and would cause character development with Tenebris.

Also, Maxx, PM. I have a dragon you might want for dragon cave.

Grox, again, I know you don't much care for laws of reality or technicality, but I would have appreciated it if you had left the size and weight measurements in my character's sheets. It's not always because I want them to be realistic, it's because I want to tell how big they are without leaving any doubts. It's almost offensive to me, because I do actual research to make sure that they're balanced in appearance, and don't have something irregular like a too long tail or an over-sized skull. The only reason I just added in the extra sections was because I didn't want to write a whole sentence regarding it.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:54 pm

I use the word however way too much in my sheets.

Also, is anyone making any water-based dragons? Because I'm working on one now and I want to know whether or not there are other water dragons for my dragon to interact with.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:02 pm

My final dragon character is going to be arboreal, and will be strongly based off of a Deadly Nadder, because she will have sharp tail spines, colorful scales, and a similar build, although I intend to add my own touches. However, if your dragon lives in arctic waters beneath a glacier up north, he or she might encounter Nivosus, since she hunts seals and such.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:16 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
My final dragon character is going to be arboreal, and will be strongly based off of a Deadly Nadder, because she will have sharp tail spines, colorful scales, and a similar build, although I intend to add my own touches. However, if your dragon lives in arctic waters beneath a glacier up north, he or she might encounter Nivosus, since she hunts seals and such.

Boreas lives up north, but my water dragon/s will live in a tropical shallow sea.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Well, if its shallow, I could say that Arbora lives in a forest near the ocean, and she occasionally goes out in search of fish. Would that work?
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Hey guys, I just realized something.

My cuz's coming over for the next week, starting today, and I have no idea how often I'll be able to get on... :/

I might not be able to join this after all.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:27 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
Well, if its shallow, I could say that Arbora lives in a forest near the ocean, and she occasionally goes out in search of fish. Would that work?

Yeah. That would work. And here's my second character. I'm still working on a third.

Name: Notus

appearance: Notus is also known as the "Spirit of the Southern Islands". She is a medium-sized dragon, being about 60 feet long and weighing about a ton. Notus strongly resembles a European Glass Lizard, with some considerable differences. Notus is serpentine in shape, with a thin, snakelike body, and a lizard-like head which cleanly attaches to her body seamlessly. However, unlike the glass lizard, Notus is much smoother. Her scales are smooth like glass (pardon the pun), and are very small, so she seems to not have scales at all. Notus' scales are a peachy color and are smooth to the touch, as well as being very moist. Her eyes are pure white, and are glassed over by cataracts, as Notus is blind. Her mouth seems to be lacking teeth, though she has many thousands of tiny needle-like teeth which line her mouth. On the sides of Notus' head are gills (though she can breathe out of water as well). Notus' tail resembles that of a koi's, and she has a pair of koi-like whiskers. Just above her nose are a set of pits which allow her to sense vibrations.

Personality: Notus is a calm, peaceful, and all-around nice dragon. She is very caring of all creatures, and hates to harm any living thing. She is a pacifist, though she is also a carnivore, choosing to dine on sharks that live in the shallow seas. However, like all good hunters, she never gorges herself on prey, which is why she is so slim, as she barely eats enough to sustain herself. This is because Notus wants to sustain nature as it is, and wishes to keep the balance of her ecosystem.

history: Notus doesn’t have much of a story to tell. She’s never been in any real strife, as she was too sick to really go on any adventures. Notus was born in the ocean, in a cave deep under the sea to a family of sea serpents. When Notus was little, however, she was so adorable that it is said that an old sea witch cursed her. Notus soon went blind, and she began to become very sick. Her parents believed that Notus was going to die, so they left her in a pond on an island to pass away quietly. But somehow, Notus lived, and she returned herself to the sea, where the sea snakes taught her how to hunt and live, until she became too big to be seen as a sea snake and could fend for herself.

Abilities: Notus truly is an interesting dragon. You see, Notus has some of the most powerful healing magic in the Dragon Realm. She can heal any ailment except for death itself. Any and all diseases or injuries that Notus touches are instantly healed. She heals wounds by licking them with her long tongue, which is covered in a special magical secretion in which her healing magic resides. Notus has some other abilities as well. Notus can slither along the ground at about 30 mph, fast enough to catch most running dragons. Her bite is not fatal, as she has no poison or fire breath, but the thousands of needle-like teeth in her mouth hold fast and can be very painful. In the water, Notus can swim faster than any other dragon, and becomes so slippery that she is completely uncatchable. Even when on land, though, Notus must stay near water, as her skin dries out quickly. If Notus’ skin dries out, she becomes very sick and can possibly die. This is why she stays in her shallow sea and never leaves her island home.

other: flame
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Cool! Right now I'm researching parrots for color schemes, amazingly, I never thought I could get so sick of looking at green parrots.

EDIT: Okay, I'm a bit torn right now. Could someone look at pictures of the parrots on this list and help me figure out which one I should choose to base my character's coloration off of? It would really help me out.

Western Rosella
Crimson Rosella
Pale-Headed Rosella
Yellowish-streaked Lory
Budgerigar
Orange-Breasted Fig Parrot
Edward’s Fig Parrot
Red-winged Parrot
Red-Breasted Parakeet

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Lol. My third dragon (I'm almost done him) will resemble a wandering albatros mixed with a pink flamingo, and will be a kind of town crier, exchanging information between different nests of dragons.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Maxx, could you help me choose a parrot coloration? The parrots listed in my previous post's edit are ones that I liked the appearance of, but I need some help choosing one.

Okay, I actually think I might go with the pale-headed rosella, I like the colors.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Go with either the yellow-streaked Lory or the Crismon Rosella.

And my third dragon

Name: Sal

appearance: Sal is a rare breed of sea dragon; the Salt Wyvern. Sal is about twenty feet long with a third of that length being his tail and another third being his neck and head. He weighs about 500 pounds. Petrasal’s wingspan is about forty feet. He has no arms, like all wyverns, and uses bat-like claws on his wings to grab things. Sal strongly resembles a very large water bird mixed with a flamingo. He is a hot pink color because of his diet of brine shrimp, and is covered in long, feather-like scales which are pliable. Sal’s legs are long like a flamingo’s (though still covered in pink scales), and end in deadly-looking hook-claw feet like a Utah Raptor’s. His wings are long and bat-like, but are still pink. His tail is long and whip-like, and ends in a very sharp spike which he uses to catch fish. Sal has a body style like a raptor’s, and stands/walks upright, though hunched over. Sal’s head is the most curious part of his body. It is built like a sea gull’s beak, with a long, slim snout which is yellow with a sharp black tip. Sal’s mouth is filled with short-yet-sharp teeth which he uses to crack the shells of mollusks and crustaceans. Hanging off of Sal’s beak are salt crystals resembling a beard, which is where he gets the name “salt wyvern” from. The rest of his head resembled a pteradon’s, as he has a large head crest and large, dinosaur-like eyes.

personality: Sal is an adventurous, carefree lad. He loves to go on adventures to far-away places, and travels often. He has made himself a sort of mail carrier of the dragon realm, and flies from place to place, exchanging gossip. He can be very nosey because of this, and often butts into other people’s business. He is very knowledgable about the world thanks to his travels, and is the person to go to when you want news or tales of an adventure. He brags often of his voyages, and can be heard many a night around the fire telling stories of him slaying servants of the Shadow and overrunning pirate treasure hoards, though he hasn't a nickel to his name, so we see where that went.

history: Sal was born on the cliffs of the Southern Ocean to a family of salt wyverns. He grew up the runt of a large family, and was often overlooked. When he became an adolescent, he became very angry at the world and violent because he was so often overlooked by his family. He was a rebel, who often fought with other dragons and his family. So, one day, he decided to run away. At about midnight, Sal flew off into the night, following the rivers into the Dragon Realm. For years he traveled along the coast, meeting other dragons and exchanging information. He became a bit of a baron of the coast, and often solved civil disputes between different dragon tribes. Through others’ disputes, Sal began to recognize his own plight in others’, and returned home, where he was welcomed back. He decided to travel for a living shortly after returning home. So, he flew off once more, and has been traveling the Ophidian Vale ever since.

Powers: Sal has some interesting abilities which help him on his adventures. Firstly, Sal’s fire is a special breed, and it is mixed with salt, causing it to turn green. Because of the salt in it, Sal’s fire is very difficult to extinguish; water will not put it out. His fire also sticks to scales like napalm, allowing it to burn through tough scales for long periods of time. His fires burn for hours, and, over time, have the capability to burn through weaker scales. Sal isn’t very strong for a dragon, but, when high enough, he can soar at speeds of nearly 200 miles per hour, allowing him to travel all over the world very quickly. He can fly extremely high in the air, and catches updrafts well. His claws and teeth are very sharp, and can cut through thicker dragon armor, and his pointed beak can bust concrete.

other: flame

Last edited by Maxx Toron on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:54 pm

You know what? I'll combine the colorations of the Yellow streak and pale-headed ones. That should lead to a unique color scheme

EDIT: Okay, here's my unique dragon for character development with Tenebris. She spits acid and has spikes that feel like a bee sting, so she's extremely tough as a fighter, even though she doesn't really get too involved in combat.

Name: Arbora

Appearance: Brightly colored, with a sleek build, Arbora is easily considered to be a beautiful dragon. Possessing a Herrerasaurus-like build, she stands at about 6’0” tall at the hips, and is 30’0” feet in length from nose to tail, having a long tail, and a relatively short neck, making her somewhat bird-like on occasions. Although she possesses a wyvern body-type, she does not walk on her wings, and instead balances on her hind legs. Her wingspan is relatively medium-length, being about 20’0” feet in length. Arbora’s wings have a bat-like shape, having six wing fingers coming from the wrist to support the membrane, and not possessing any independent fingers or thumbs. Her tail, which is long and thin, is extremely flexible, and covered with long, sharp spines, which are smoothed down when she is calm, but become erected when Arbora is threatened or angry. She has a total of five long talons on her feet, having four in front, and one in the back. These talons are flexible, and she can use them to grip things or perch in trees that can support her weight. Arbora’s skull strongly resembles that of an Achelousaurus, possessing a frill on the back of her head, with six long horns ringing around it. She also has a single horn on her nose, above the front of her mouth, which is beak-like in appearance. Ridges of bone span between her mouth and her nose horn, and there are also ridges above her eyes, ending in three blunt horns. Her eyes have dark black marks around them that resemble kohl, and give them a heightened narrow, triangular shape, although the eyes themselves are round. Her pupils are elliptical, but become round when dilated, and the irises are a bright yellow, with amber surrounding the edges of the pupil, giving them a fiery glint, and contrasting with the black markings. Although her mouth has a beak, she also has sharp teeth, the inside of her mouth being a peach color, with a black forked tongue.

Her coloration is much like that of a Pale-Headed Rosella and a Yellow-Streaked Lory. Her horns, spines, beak, and claws are all a dark greyish black color, and are shiny, as though polished. Her small scales are highly reflective, and seem to sparkle in bright light. However, they are keeled, meaning they have ridges down the center that make them rough to the touch. They also have small serrations around the edges, making them slightly sharp if touched wrong, and allowing her to produce a unique threat display. Her main coloration is a iridescent spring green, mixed with streaks of pale reflective powder blue in increasing amounts towards her tail. On the underside of her body, Arbora’s scales are blackish grey in color around the edges, but the ridge in the center of each scale is brightly colored, giving them a streaked, almost feather-like appearance. On her back, however, starting at the base of the neck down, Arbora’s feathers are mostly a polished grey-black, with colored edges that make the scales disk-shaped in appearance. Her face is a creamy white color, and on her frill, she has two large, pale yellow spots that are ringed by black scales, which trail down to the kohl-like marks around her eyes. The tip of her nose is bright red, but fades into a point in the center of her forehead. Around her neck, all the scales are a blackish grey color, but the keel in the center of the scales are bright yellow, reminiscent of porcupine quills. The edges of Arbora’s horns and tail spines are tipped with streaks of pale yellow, making them seem even sharper than they already are.

Personality: Arbora is known to be extremely sweet and gentle in nature, being compassionate towards most others, and trusting to the point of being naïve. As a result, she will likely believe any lie someone tells her, or on occasion take a joke literally, although she is not foolish. Empathetic and kind, Arbora often is unable to hate people, regardless of how they might behave, and as a result, people often feel a need to protect her, because she may make a mistake and be hurt as a result, although she can fend for herself. However, due to her innocent nature, many others often do not wish to cause her harm, or lie on purpose. She is known to have a unique talent, in that she is able to bring out compassion from even the most cruel or self-centered of individuals, even when others have failed to do so. She is also extremely good in speaking to children, and is able to handle fragile things without breaking them. Also, despite being beautiful, she does not pay too much attention to her appearance, and will willingly do things that may cause her to get wet or dirty, as her scales will clean off eventually. However, despite her generally friendly behavior, Arbora can also be extremely ferocious. While she will not become angry if someone is merely being cold or unkind, she will be enraged if she sees them actively hurting her friends. In battle, she will fight with surprising strength and courage to defend those she cares about.

History: Arbora hatched from her egg near the coast of a tropical island, where she and her brother were raised by loving parents. However, what was not expected, was that a family feud, on account of the beginning of the Fire Dragon rebellion, would split apart her parents. As a result, she and her brother were separated, Arbora going with her mother, and her brother leaving with her father. Ever since then, there has been lingering sadness, as she never saw her older brother, whom she loved greatly, ever again. Even to this day, Arbora wishes to find him, confident that he feels the same way. However, despite this, life went on, and Arbora quickly grew into a beautiful young dragoness, complimented by others. However, despite this, she did not grow vain, and instead avoided them, not wanting to be liked on account of her looks and appearance. Eventually, she made a small group of friends who liked her for who she was. However, they also made a bad habit of trying to shelter her from the world, due to her naïve nature. As a result, Arbora often depends on her friends for protection, although on occasions she may surprise them with her strength and courage.

Abilities/Powers: Arbora is a well-balanced dragon overall. Due to her build, she is more adapted to moving on land, than flying in the air. As a result, when on land, she can run at a top speed of up to 75 miles per hour for long extended periods, making her one of the fastest dragons on foot. However, she can fly at a relatively good speed in the air, going up to 50 miles per hour in flight, although most dragons can easily pass her. However, although she is a fast runner, she is often easily caught when attacked from above, as most dragons can fly faster than she can run. However, despite this, it is often dangerous to attack her. Arbora’s scales, although appearing sleek, have almost invisible serrations around their edges, and therefore biting her will result in cutting one’s mouth. Her sharp beak and horns also make charging on land extremely lethal. However, Arbora’s best weapon is her tail, which is covered in sharp, armor-piercing spines that can be launched in volleys for a distance attack. Due to its length, she can snap it with the speed and flexibility of a whip, and the spines themselves are coated in a toxin that causes pain similar to a bee sting, although it is not fatal. These spines will also stick in the hide of opponents, until they are ripped out. Instead of breathing fire, Arbora spits boiling hot acid that is clear and resembles water. This acid quickly eats away at anything it touches, and even the most heavily armored scales are unlikely to last long when they come in contact with it. Only certain dragons, whose scales have special properties, can touch this acid and not be injured by it. Arbora can come in physical contact with almost any acid, due to her scales’ properties.

Other: Flame
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Hey Vipes, do you think Arbora and Tenebris could be friends with Sal? They all come from about the same area (Sal lives in a cave on a cliffside of the sea), plus I want Sal to get kind of a pirate vibe to him, and all pirates need a parrot. Razz
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:02 pm

Well, Arbora is a maybe, but Tenebris is such a stellar jerk, you won't be his friend in centuries.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Name: Harroc (Best button mash ever)

Age: He is presumed to be under a thousand, but the exact age is impossible to determine, as can die and rebirth like that of a Phoenix, and grow back to an adult in a few days.

Gender: Presumed male, although it is impossible to tell. For all they know, 'he' could change to a 'she' at will.

Appearance: Harroc is made of fire and lava. Not like one of those wimpy fire dragons. I mean MADE of molten rock and fire. His species comes from the very center of the planet, the core, where they live out their existence without burning anything. His legs are long and muscular, with light armoring on the thigh area. These legs lead up to a four toed foot with sharp triangular claws which seem to be made of obsidian that regrows like real tissue after it's been broken. His arms are rather long for a dragon, and are tipped with three obsidian claws and and thumb. That's what makes this dragon even more peculiar. It has opposable thumbs and dexterous front limbs that can actually work as hands and arms. It's neck is thick and of middle length, and supports a large head. This head seems to be plated with obsidian on the outside, and the igneous rock has formed several jagged teeth over the skull itself, which seems to have no teeth at all. This creature's remarkable use of igneous rock as armor and weaponry is astounding to say in the least. The head itself is seven percent of it's overall body length. Which brings me to his size. Harroc isn't a massively massive dragon. He is a solid ninety feet long. However, he is easily two hundred tons, being made of solid rock. His tail is long, making up half of the creature's overall length, and the last third of it is burning with flames. The second most noticeable feature of this dragon is its lack of wings. Harroc has no wings, fins, or webs on his body. Nothing that would suggest flight in any way.

He's kinda like a cross between THIS and THIS.

Personality: Curious. The best word to use as a description of his personality. He wants to know why fire burns. He wants to know why he destroys everything he touches, why fire burns. He wants to be able to exist outside of the earth's core without destruction. He's a good soul in an evil body. Sometimes he will even question which side he's on, if he is in this body to be evil and destroy and burn and hurt. He was once told that the road to evil is paved with good intentions, and that's why he hopes he is somewhat good. He doesn't have good or bad intentions for the world. He just wants to know why fire will burn.

History: Very little is known about Harroc's species. However, it is said they they exist deep within the earth, living as far as the core of the planet and living comfortably. It is also said that they only come to the surface through a volcanic eruption, or when a new island is born. It is rare to see one, but the best place to look for one of Harroc's species would be on an island similar to Hawaii.

Abilities/Powers: Harroc here has some very, very defense and offense orientated. His back is covered in crocodilian like armor, which supplies ample protection to anything that's fire proof. Because of it's magma body, it's very hard to injure without actually hurting yourself in the process. Harroc has the ability to ingest anything solid, rocks, trees, meat, plants, dirt, anything, and digest it with no waste. Harroc, like most dragons, has a breath attack, the only difference between his and other dragons is that he doesn't spew fire or ice, but instead has taken it a step farther, and spews molten rock. The downside to this is because it's liquid rock, it's range is low. It also deplete his food storages as he eats rocks. The most astounding ability is the fact that Harroc here CAN fly-ish, despite having no wings. When asked about it, he would say it's more of a really long jump rather than flight. When he needs to get somewhere fast, Harroc will burst into flames (He only does this when 'flying', sure, when fighting his body will grow even hotter and the darker magma on his body will grow even a bright yellow or orange, but he wont burst into flames). These flames are extremely hot, and actually cause him to feel much lower gravity, then he will run, and jump. His body will grow hotter and hotter and while in the air, he will rise higher and higher. He actually looks kinda like a meteorite as this happens. As he grows weary, his temperature will drop and he will descend back to the ground, and will usually crash like said meteorite. This process is very taxing on his body, and doing it often without break or food is not good for him.

Other: Flame
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:43 am

Okay, read them all. They're all accepted and were good.

@Vipera: I took them out because they were not part of the initial sheet, if you know me I'm very OCD about character sheets. But I mean, if it's somehow offensive to you I'll put it back in.

Btw, the IC is up, so you guys may begin posting.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:54 am

I also made another character, Arborea, she's on the previous page. She's for character development.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ophidian Vale
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next