Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)

Go down 
+8
Celo "The Moms"
JunkMail
Maxx
The Stalker of Shadows
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
ultra
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Faith looked up at Nick, still trying to find out whhat to say. He looked sweaty and, in her opinion, like a nervous wreck. She really didn't want to throw some bad news at him, but he needed to know... right? Faith stepped into Nick's room as he invited her in and remained standing still for a moment, avoiding eye contact with Nick by looking at her feet. After finally looking up, she surprised even herself and brought Nick in for a hug (if he let her) and stepped back. "Nick, I-I have bad news. You won't like it." She bit her lip, unsure how to start the process of bearing the bad news. "Are you aware of the fight me, Jack, Charles, and the others faced yesterday?" She figured he didn't, and continued. "We fought people at the eye factory that were sent by the traitor. I-I was caught off guard a-and one of them tried to stab me. Jack- he... he jumped between me and the attack, apologized, and... died. H-he wasn't so bad, and if I... if I had been stronger, he'd be alive. Or if I...I...." she got choaked up and decided to change subjects from Jack to everyone else.

"About four of the people fighting with us died... almost all the ones we were fighting died. We did reprogram almost all the Eyes, though." Faith squeezed her eyes shut, afraid of seeing Nick's reaction. "I-I'm so sorry..."
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Johnny K Valos, & Sylvia L. Bertoose.

Shade wrote:
"This little girl is something else. Trust me. She can guide us through the sub-basement. And..." she glanced at Livvy, who was looking at the door with a rather worried look on her face, trembling a bit. The flickering light had begun to die down, but was still barely visible, like a hint of golden St. Elmo's fire. "quite honestly, darling, I think she may be stronger than you. Stronger than me. Stronger than any of us. Far better to have her on our side than against us..."

Luce was missing Johnny's point. Regardless of power, putting it in the hands of a little girl makes it less than useless. She has no combat experience, no training, no maturity. Nothing. They might as well be bringing along a 60 pound brick. But, he's still going to go with it. Worst comes to worst; they'll just ditch her somewhere in the school and let someone else handle her. Hope you know what you're doing, Miss Luce. We can't take risks. Johnny leaned in and whispered back, "Alright. I'm going to go along with this - But, we need to be very careful. Jake told me about her three 'guardians.' The lizard-monster Dragonfly, some chick named Faith, and some other nobody named Nick.... They may not take kindly to us burrowing their little girl." He spoke his words sternly, like he didn't want to bring Livvy along (Because it was too risky). He was worried about how her guardians may react to them having their soul-child. Then again, his crew bears no hostile intents towards Livvy. So they'll just give her back in the same state they got her. Then Johnny folded up the map and put it back into his coat.

There wasn't any objections to this plan from Sylvia about bringing Livvy along. She kinda thought the girl was cute. "I'm cool with bringing the girl." Sylvia says outloud. It may be surprising to some. No swears, no shouting, no being annoying. Like a completely different was talking! Her eyes were glowing a bright blue color, and through Sylvia's eyes everything was like it was under a blue flim. She could see all soundwaves within her gaze. The soundwaves generated by everyone talking, their heartbeats, their footsteps. Everything made sound to an extent. She was making sure that no one was creeping up on them. If someone is, then they won't last long.

Shade wrote:
"Nice to meet you Johnny! My real name is Olivia Averton but everybody just calls me Livvy and Lucy calls me Starlight."

Johnny gave her a warm smile in response. "I look forward to working with you, Olivia." He says cordially. Like he totally for a moment that he was talking to a mere child.

"I'm Sylvia Liv." Sylvia kindly introduces herself to the little girl.

Shade wrote:
"Johnny, are we leaving for the sub-basement right away or are we stopping for prov...provisions first? Might be wise to bring food-" in case we're there longer than we expect- "...in case Starlight wants a snack later on."

This was a good question. Johnny didn't intend on staying in the sub-basement for long. Because going off the map, it should be a relatively short trip if they don't waste any time and go extra fast. Unless they run into any side-tracks, this trip into the sub-basement should be relatively short and simple. Though, a little bit of food might not hurt. The mansion has a little bit of food, enough to feed them for this. They'll bring something that doesn't require refrigeration. "Alright, we'll grab some food from here before we go... I believe the kitchen's not too far. "

"I'll go grab something." Sylvia says, floating a few feet above the ground. "I'll grab stuff that's... You know. " With that Sylvia zipped off at speed. Not the same speed she's been demonstrating since yesterday, a lower, more controllable speed. She'll be back in a few with some supplies.

"Also find a first aid kit!" Johnny shouted at the fleeing Sylvia, before turning back to Luce and Livvy. There were a few more things to discuss with Luce. Things that it'd be best not to discuss around the little girl. Because it'd frighten her. The only thing Johnny wanted out of the armory were grenades, a lot of them, and maybe some armor. Because with his speed he's developed an effective technique that few can counter. And if they can't get anything; they'll destroy it. "Now Luce, we should make haste. Sylvia will be back any second and we should be getting moving before the Traitor, or anyone else, makes their move..." Johnny looked away again, like he was expecting someone to show up. Speaking of which, that little girl's power interested him in a few ways. If he were to come up with a strategy, he needs to know exactly what everyone's packing. Johnny already has himself, Sylvia, and Luce covered - He just needs to know more about Livvy. "Now, Olivia... Can you tell me what your gift... Um, power is?"

Drake D. Blackmore, & Lily Santo.

Celo wrote:
"Well, you already know that Crystal heals and I have perfect aim." Crystal seemed uncomfortable, but Lexy didn't notice. "We both, like, can't fight and need to practice. Actually, I think I mostly need a weapon, y'know?"

"Oh cool." Drake says, trying to hold in the feeling that this was going to be rather pointless. He can already tell that there's not much room to improve Lexy's ability... With Crystal, on the other hand, there could be a lot of room to improve. He didn't know how, but he had a feeling that Lily, with her Power Manipulation, could find out exactly what. "So, I can help both of you defend yourselves... Before I got my powers-" The inherent power of all who bear the name Blackmore, "-I was quite the brawler in my time..."

There was an urge for Lily to just walk over to Lexy and Crystal, touch them, and find out their powers just by touching them. Well, it wouldn't really hurt her (Or them)... And a few people probably already know of her super-charging after last night. She shrugged and got off the wall, standing straight up. She shrugged and walked over to the trio. "I can help you with powers... If you need it."

Celo wrote:
"Well, I couldn't protect myself that well against a meta, but it's good to know some fighting tips for next time. My power, in truth, is more psionic in the enhance area. I can only enhance the growth of cells and such by concentrating and visualizing. I don't think there's any other ability within my partial psionic abilities."

This got Lily and Drake's attentions. So, there's more to you than just a healer? Lily thought to herself as she crossed her arms, keeping her attention solely on Crystal. "Interesting," Lily started off, "And I can help you with that." She extends her hands. "Look, apart of my gift is discovering everything about someone's power by touching them...And I mean everything, their power and everything in their potential. If you like, I'd do it for you."
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 3:50 am

Luciana "La Cordera" Rojas and Olivia "Livvy" Averton

Luce sympathized with Johnny's concerns: in most cases, she would've viewed the girl as a liability. But given what abilities she had and-no, Luce was honest with herself. It had been a long time since she was a little girl. She'd grown up...rather abruptly...and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Her goal, her driving goal, was still to get out of this place and never look back-unless she could pilfer a few valuable trinkets before she left, maybe some prototype weaponry that could get her family out of debt-but this little girl...she'd found her wandering alone on the schoolgrounds, forsaken by her guardians. Luce was one cold b*tch, but she wasn't that cold. She didn't want Livvy experiencing the same accelerated maturation process she had. It...it wasn't pleasant.

Sylvia's enthusiasm for Livvy was appreciated by both of the girls: Luce had a small twitch at the edges of her lips that might've been an attempt at a genuine smile while Livvy broke into the full-faced grin that only seemed to emerge for girls (sorry, Johnny) and Dragonfly (whose gender I'm still not really sure on).

"Hi Sylvia!" Livvy squeaked, her faintly golden eyes growing wide as Sylvia began floating off the ground. "WHOA! You can fly that's so cool!" Livvy ran after Sylvia for a moment as she zipped away, but stopped as Sylvia quickly outpaced her. Livvy was far from disappointed, however, still awestruck at how cool it was Sylvia could FLY. Just like a superhero. Livvy glanced between Luce and Johnny, not comprehending how the big kids could look so bored about Sylvia just, you know, flying. After you got old, Livvy supposed, you stopped enjoying life. Such deep philosophical moments occasionally occurred to the girl in-between thoughts of where she could run off to and what new place was available for exploring-although her wanderlust was diminished a bit by the way the Othergrounds didn't seem to like wanderers. This whole place felt evil and wrong, like the horrors waiting beneath the bed and within the almost-closed closet. Night vision or no, Livvy wasn't immune to the standard childhood fears.

Luce watched Livvy carefully, but had her attention on Johnny. "Yes. Moving quickly is essential...we do not know when Emily or the Traitor, if they are different, will make their next move. We may also want to camp somewhere different after we return. Staying in the same place may...." Luce glanced at Livvy, who was busy triple-knotting her shoes. She was sure Johnny would easily be able to follow her train of thought, however. If she were going to take out a group of people hunting her here, she'd simply lace their room with explosives or something similar and take them all out in the middle of the night. Why risk a direct fight? Staying in one place for unnecessarily long periods of time wasn't a strategy that appealed to her. "But such things can wait until after our little adventure, yes?"

Livvy perked up at the word adventure but was quickly distracted by Johnny's question. He'd called her Olivia. Only her parents did that, and she was usually in trouble when her parents talked to her. "Oh. Um. I can see really well in the dark and stuff. And I don't get lost, like ever. I'm the best explorer I know." she paused for a minute, thinking it over. "Oh! And I can, like, name all the stars. Like I bet I can name more than you." her tone was clearly an attempt to try and get Johnny to name as many stars as he could, a rather silly taunt that probably wouldn't work. More importantly, she'd missed the question entirely, and Luce stepped in to intervene.

"Livvy, what is the...light that sometimes comes off you?"

Livvy looked very confused. "Huh?"

"A moment ago. When you were startled."

Livvy frowned, thinking it over. She stroked Sir Teddy's head, which was difficult given the helmet he had on. "Um...I dunno. I have glow in the dark shoes?"

Luce glanced back at Johnny, feeling a bit irritated. Damnit girl. I saw you melt one of those robot spheres that came at you into molten steel, all you can talk about is the stars? She didn't want to traumatize the poor girl, but she had to press the subject. "Livvy, remember when I ran into you? The robot?"

Livvy looked a bit frightened-Luce's words had clearly not brought back fond memories. They were right next to the ooze-monster and the STASIS conversation the big kids had had. "Oh. Um...yeah...." Livvy's voice was quiet and her eyes found their way down to her pink tennis shoes.

"What happened to it?"

"I thought you blew it up."

Luce frowned. "...yes, that's right. I did, Livvy. I'll blow up all the robots that try and hurt you." Livvy grinned and gave Luce a quick hug. Luce patted her on the back a bit and took advantage of Livvy looking the other way to mouth a quick sentence to Johnny: Fire. Something with fire.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 3:28 am

Johnny K. Valos, & Sylvia L. Bertoose.

The little girl wasn't going to give Johnny an adequate answer to his question, and he knew that. He would have to rely on what information he's been given before. Well, Jake told him that Livvy freaked out last night and released this burning light, and Luce just told him it has something to do with fire... The best that Johnny could put together was that she emitted a burning hot light... Reminded him a bit of Gabe - Then he put those thoughts aside and just focused on Livvy. There had to be more to her ability that she's not letting on... However, he got the impression that she didn't know. He quickly put his gaze on her. Perhaps you could be of use little girl. Johnny thought to himself as he squinted. I don't expect you to fight, that's my job, but perhaps you could honey roast anything that comes our way.... His reverie was broken when Sylvia came back.

It was a relatively short trip, as Sylvia was quick as lightning. She made her return, quickly, and had a handbag of sorts in her hand. Loaded with as much snacks and food as she could stuff inside. Mostly stuff that doesn't require refrigeration: Apples, bags, cans. She even had a first-aid kit. She quickly landed on her feet and presented the bag to the group. "Got em'. Snacks and a first aid kit." Before pulling the bag over her shoulder and floating a few feet up into the air.

Sylvia was given an aside glance from Johnny. Her presence, and the bags of supplies, meant that they were good to go. "That's what I like about you Sylvia," Johnny started off, "You follow orders and you're fast." He compliments her. He then tilts his hat downwards with his hands, and looks at the group one at a time. Luce, Livvy, then Sylvia. Everyone's ready as they will be. He spoke blankly, "Now, I believe the time is at hand for our adventure to begin, my associates." Normally he would have some flare or emotion, but had little. "Follow me." Johnny promptly walked away from the group, motioning a 'come on' with his right hand. Heading down towards the Sub-basement. With Sylvia and everyone else following close behind. He made it apparent that he wanted to get there fast, since he was walking quite fast, nearly running. The only entrance to the sub-basement he could think of was the one that he (And Sylvia) used to access it the last two times. In the span of a few minutes, they were there at the hole. Still left uncovered from last time. Heh. Like I told my old girlfriend; I'm getting used to this hole. He joked to himself as he looked down. The question was who should go down first.

Since he's the leader of the group, and one of the strongest metas here, Johnny should go first. He grabbed the top of his hat and said, "It'd be ungentlemanly if I let one of you lovely ladies go in first." He once again spoke blankly. He then quickly transformed into his emotional-energy form. A white light enshrouded his being, including his clothing, and vertical lines of varying colors pulsed across him from left to right. When his transformation was complete, he just jumped down the hole, landing on his feet like the drop was nothing. He looked around, it was dark, his body produced enough light to let him see a little bit ahead. Not enough for an entire group, mind you. Johnny tilted his head downwards and started sensing emotional-presences. Nothing done here. All clear. "Alright, it's all clear." He shouted up at the group.

On cue from Johnny, Sylvia floated down harmlessly and looked around the very second her feet touched the ground. Her glowing eyes letting her pick up information that some can't possibly. Such as the various sounds. Now, she figured out a little trick with her power, specifically generating soundwaves. At the moment she was generating a lot of sound. No one would be able to hear it because it was outside of human hearing. She saw the sound bounce off the walls, and other solid objects. It was echolocation, you may say. Thus she got a (sort of) map of the immediate area. Wouldn't be able to detect people that well (Since people absorb sound). However, just in case something does pop up: then Sylvia can change up the frequency a bit and give it hell. "I'm ready." Sylvia spoke softly.

"Now Olivia... Or Starlight." Johnny started off, unfolding his map to look at it. His being pulsing with light. He got to see it a little better. "You can do your magic and lead the way, little lady."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Crystal
-----------

MrAllenJ wrote:
"So, I can help both of you defend yourselves... Before I got my powers-" The inherent power of all who bear the name Blackmore, "-I was quite the brawler in my time..."
Crystal nodded, "That would be great if you could." Great, so now she could try to learn a little bit of self defense, no matter how small. "However," a mock smile appear on her face, "you say it was 'in your time' as if you're an old man, which I'm pretty sure you're far from being, right now."

MrAllenJ wrote:
"Interesting," Lily started off, "And I can help you with that." She extends her hands. "Look, apart of my gift is discovering everything about someone's power by touching them...And I mean everything, their power and everything in their potential. If you like, I'd do it for you."
Crystal winced. just like that, she pretty much had to reveal her weakest power that Crystal found useless. She didn't want to admit knowing it, so decided to play along. Crystal kept a confused expression on her face and held out her hand. She was weary and wary from hiding her other ability, no matter how useless she found it, and so she decided there was no use hiding it any more out of fear of others asking why she didn't use it. 'Sides, maybe they could help her strengthen the ability so that using it for just a short time wouldn't be cumbersome any more. That would be nice. "Tell me if you find anything new," Crystal smiled, trying to appear eager.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Nick

Nick was observent, and in his observance, he noticed Faith's body language. Her eyes had been puffy when he had let her in, and she looked like she had been crying. She was downcast and her whole frame seemed to sag compared to her normally perky but shy self. He knew that he was the way he was, was because of a nightmare. A dream gone wrong that vanished in an instant into the subconscious, never to be seen again. He shook his long black hair for a moment to help unstick it from his head, and brought Faith into a hug. As he did so, she began talking. While he had been off training, his friends and his love were nearly killed. They were off fighting and he had done nothing. Grant it, he hadnt known, but he could've. He could've been there and provided support. He had a healing factor to him, he could've taken the stab and survived. But no... This was not a nightmare. There were no do overs here. He could've fall asleep again and come out just fine and have a completely different dream, if he had a dream.

Nick had no words for Faith. He simply held her close, in an attempt to console her. Many were lost, but in their deaths they did not go unavenged. They had apparently killed nearly every one of their attackers. Good, less scum on the earth. They had reached their goal, they had done what they had aimed to do. But at a cost. Nick squeezed Faith as she choked up, allowing her to cry into his shoulder. He stroked her hair, but said nothing. He could've been there. His love had nearly been killed, and in his absence another with no ability to recover fast enough took the blade's fatal blow, and died for her. A relative no less. Many others had died too. Had Charles or Drake perished in the factory where their bodies would never be recovered? He did not know. All he knew was to help Faith through this though. That's all that mattered to him right now.

"I never really knew Jack, and when I did he was a jerk to both me and you. I disliked him for that, but I respect him for what he did in my absence, where I could've done it instead." Nick said, stroking Faith's hair again. "Im so, so sorry."

-----------------

Dragonfly

The great dragon had been relying in it's cave. It's territory had been intruded many times in the past week or so. Monsters were fought, traitors had attacked, people's faith in him was dwindling. He had been dropping farther off the deep end in his days of seclusion. He had gone bad several times in the dark on the sub-basement. His shattered psyche even more warped than usual and his personalities more black and white with less and less grey. He was dropping and he knew it. It wouldnt be long until he was nothing but a shell of his former human self.

He was a monster.

He belonged in the containment that he had learned about when Drake lost it. He needed to be locked away, to let his mind go insane on it's own where it cant hurt anyone, where the small part of his brain that has fought tooth and nail to stay sane can finally give up and rest. Where he could be the monster Gabe made him out to be. He had no idea of what had happened, and his feelings on what happened when he found out would be mixed.

He needed to see a person again.

He slowly rose from the ground, his joints cracking and his bones aching. He just now was realizing how long he hadn't moved. His muscles were stiff, but he was otherwise okay. He twisted his neck, and a cracking noise emitted from his body, the sound echoing through the sub-basement in a haunting way. The sound of bone grinding against bone was chilling. He hissed, the sound guttural, sounding like a cross between a rattlesnake rattling it's tail and an alligator hissing. He felt presences in his domain. His enhanced hearing picked it up, as he felt the vibrations of a sound wave pass through his body. He shook his body for a moment as he stood up, and looked around for a moment, before taking to the ceiling. As he did so, a pipe caught his arm, causing him to hiss in pain once again. A bright, florescent blue ooze to dribble down his elbow, and fell to the floor below. It fell onto the concrete below, prompting a hissing sound. Dragonfly stared down at the substance for a moment as the light subsided and the wound on his arm healed. However, he did not dwell on the defense mechanism he had, he continued on his was, using the ceiling to keep himself hidden. Nobody looked up. He continued to navigate through the tunnels expertly. He would find the intruders and redirect them out of his home if they were friendly. If they were not?

His mind was feeling for a release...
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Faith
---

Faith kept herself wrapped in Nick's hug, her sobs quieting to nothing as the comfort of being with her boyfriend calmed her. She pulled her head away to look at Nick in the eyes, "Thank you," she sighed, seming more relaxed. She finally felt relief from the previous day, and had not noticed the full weight of the ordeal until it was finally released, leaving her feeling refreshed, no matter how sadenned she was.

When Nick said that he was sorry and respected Jack for doing what he could've done, Faith quickly shook her head. "No- if you were gone I would go mad. Please d-don't say that- even you could have died." She looked down beforem in a sudden burst of courage that was motivated by emotions as courage usually is, pulled Nick in for a kiss on the lips. She blushed, "I'm, um.....sorry."
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:03 pm

Drake D. Blackmore, & Carmen 'Lily' Santo.

Celo wrote:
"However," a mock smile appear on her face, "you say it was 'in your time' as if you're an old man, which I'm pretty sure you're far from being, right now."

"Oh yeah," Drake says, shrugging. He did phrase that the wrong way, and couldn't correct it. "I was great at fist fighting, until I came here and the whole game changed." He chuckled a little bit, scratching the back of his neck. "Then everything started fighting with death rays, claws, and bolts of lightning." He then looked around the room, to see that Victoria and Charles have left. He never noticed. Probably should have noticed that sooner.... Now Drake was left alone in here... Well, he still has his several female friends here, but that's besides the point. He would prefer having them nearby, but they probably have business of their own to attend to. Drake knows that he's old enough to handle himself without his siblings there. He'd still do better off having them here.

On cue, Lily grabbed onto Crystal's arm, and did her magic. She looked at Crystal's arm, as Lily scanned Crystal's power. The Meta-human energy within Crystal turned from glowing-green to blue. Crystal wouldn't see it, because she can't see the Meta-human energy in people like Lily can. She learned so much about Crystal's ability. There were plenty more abilities within Crystal's potential - Hell, she could become very powerful. Lily detached from Crystal and took a step back as she gathered together a proper explanation for Crystal's abilities. The Meta-human energy inside of Crystal turned back to it's green color. "Alright, chica, here's the deal about your power," Lily started off, looking at Drake, "You'll be a lot stronger than you are now, I promise. You can make yourself stronger, faster, and enhance your senses and healing... It'll just take a bit of, y'know, practice, training...."

"... And believe that, sometimes; the weak can become the strong." Drake inserts keeping his attention on to Crystal. He crossed his arms as he looked at her. He figured that he should help Crystal realize her potential. Since it's in his best interests to keep everyone in tip-top shape. While he is one of the strongest mutants in the school, he's more than fine with helping orders get to his level. Plus, in the process; he'll probably get stronger himself (There has to be something more to my power than mere merging.). Now, it was high time that they start up their training. "Alright, I'm more than happy to help you with training, heh, let's get started." He spoke while he took steps back towards one of the large yoga mats and stood on it. He then took a fighting stance (Fists balled, up to his chin, and feet shoulder length apart) and narrowed his eyes. "Set up, I'll show you a trick or two."

Victoria E. & Charles X. Blackmore.

As Drake and Lily interacted with Crystal and Lexy; Charles felt like a third-wheel here, not the romantic kind. There was little need for Victoria and Charles to be here anymore, they had completed their segment of training. With Drake and Lily moving on to training Lexy and Crystal. There was something on Charles mind anyway: Faith. Jack died while Charles was unconscious yesterday in the battle. While he didn't like Jack... There was that feeling that he could have helped, and saved both of them. He didn't know, really. Whether he felt bad for Faith or Jack was up in the air. "Hey Victoria, can we... head out for a second?" Charles asked Victoria.

After she was addressed by her younger brother, Victoria turned her head to him, and shrugged. "Dunno what exactly are we going to do?" She asked, skeptical.

"I want to find Faith and Nick. Jack died last night and... I want to find them now more than ever." Charles said.

"... That's fine. We'll be back. I myself want to meet them in person after what you and Drake told me." Victoria stood straight up and started walking towards. "We'll be back in a few, Drake."

"Alright Drake, we'll be back. I want a rematch the moment we get back." Charles said to Drake as they left, who ignored him. They continued out the door.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Crystal jumped a bit when Lily suddenly grabbed her arm to read her powers. She still pretended to be anxious, but in truth she was the least bit so. She knew her other power was to increase her senses, and it was really weak, so what was the point? Then Lily released her arm and explained to Crystal the full extent of her powers.

Her expression turned to one of surprise, this one a real expression. She didn't know about the strength and speed part. With that, Crystal was much more anxious to strengthen her powers. She had never really thought about that area of enhancing- she could enhance cellular growth and different connections between her senses and mind for a sense increase, so why didn't she ever try to increase her speed or strength?

Then Drake wanted to get started with training. While Crystal believed the best way to unlock these abilities was to strengthen mentally, as psionics involve mental strength, she decided it would be a good idea to still train physically and took a fighting stance similar to Drake's.

Lexy stood to the side, suddenly feeling awkward and out of place. "I, like, will try to practice later, 'kay?" she suddenly darted off to find a weapon so Celo wouldn't have to use her the rest of the act because she's lazy like that.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 3:42 am

Luciana "La Cordera" Rojas and Olivia "Livvy Starlight" Averton

Livvy mistook Johnny's squinting for a staring contest and stared intensely back, unblinking golden eyes glittering with anticipation. When he glanced over at Sylvia, she took it as a sign of defeat and giggled happily, thoroughly confusing Luce, who up until now thought she understood the girl fairly well. Luce wasn't entirely sure of Livvy's gift, but she intended on conveying what she did know to Johnny at the first opportunity. The girl had no fear of being lost, simply because she couldn't be lost. Intrinsically, she couldn't. Beyond that, she had no problem seeing in the dark, distinguishing colors and shapes in the unlit halls of the mansion that Luce herself couldn't pick out (and in Luce's business, those who can't pick up on the fine details don't tend to stay in the business long)

Livvy let out another cry of happiness and followed along, one pale hand wrapped around one of Luce's calloused brown fingers, the other holding Sir Teddy with the kind of light touch normally saved for holy artifacts and high grade explosives. As Johnny picked up the pace, Luce effortlessly lifted the girl onto her back and followed the two at a slightly slower job, not concerned with being ambushed-she was more concerned about Livvy scorching off the skin on her head and neck when she got startled from being ambushed. Luce's normally vigilant senses were extra-alert for this reason, but not this reason alone-she was worried about the little girl, even already. Damnit, Luciana.  Get attached to her and you won't leave this place. Won't see your real family.

But she may never see hers if you don't.

Luce was about to offer to go first, or at least hurl a few bullets down to clear the path before Johnny went, but he promptly ignited and dropped down. "She can fly and you light up! This is so cool!" Livvy squeaked, but Luce shushed her with a finger to her lips.

"Remember, Starlight, we must be quiet when we go on adventures." Livvy nodded furiously and stayed quiet, chewing on her lip nervously as Luce helped guide her down the manhole. The ladder was tricky, but Livvy made it down surprisingly quickly. The girl had experience climbing where she wasn't supposed to; the older kids would find Livvy could trespass with the best of them. Luce followed shortly after, opting to slide down the ladder rather than jump straight down. She landed and made a quick nod to Johnny, moving forward.

But it was Livvy who would lead. A wise move on Johnny's part, Luce thought. Well, as wise as putting your trust in a little girl can be. Livvy let out a squeak of happiness then clapped a hand over her mouth. "Sorry!" she whispered, squirming her way forward to the lead. The darkened hallways of the sub-basement were illuminated perfectly for Livvy, and if Johnny or Sylvia or Luce were to look not right at Livvy, but just to the side of her, they'd see a faint golden aura, the shimmer of a borealis dancing beyond that. The girl was too calm to give off any serious light, but it was there, if just barely. "C'mon!" Livvy said, walking forward unabashedly. She saw the wreckage of the sub-basement clearly, her small, agile body easily climbing over any wreckage that got in the way. She made a few turns and then stopped for a second, looking around. "Can I see the map please?" she asked, patiently waiting until it was handed to her. "Thank you," she replied automatically, looking at it for a moment.

"Normally I don't like maps cause they take all the fun out of stuff, but since you guys aren't as good at adventuring I guess we can use it this once." To Livvy, the ceiling above wasn't steel, there was no layer of earth between her and the sky above, just the golden sun filling the halls with sunlight. Above the blue skies, the stars were just as clear. She grasped their location so intuitively that things like latitude and longitude would've been laughably imprecise, a GPS clumsy at best.

But for now, she was a hyper six year old surrounded by some seasoned killers. "So, we started here-" Livvy said, pointing exactly where they'd come in, and tracing their path by walking her fingers along the map like a little person, "aaaaaaand now we're here." Livvy stopped at the exact place they were. "But if we could please not go here-" Livvy pointed to where the scary ooze monster had assaulted her-" or here" she pointed to Stasis "-cause those two places are kinda scary. Do you guys know where the army is or do we get to find it ourselves?" Her tone very heavily implied that the latter of the two options would be way, way more fun.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:48 am

Johnny K Valos, & Sylvia L. Bertoose.

Shade wrote:
"So, we started here-" Livvy said, pointing exactly where they'd come in, and tracing their path by walking her fingers along the map like a little person, "aaaaaaand now we're here." Livvy stopped at the exact place they were. "But if we could please not go here-" Livvy pointed to where the scary ooze monster had assaulted her-" or here" she pointed to Stasis "-cause those two places are kinda scary. Do you guys know where the army is or do we get to find it ourselves?"

This girl's tracking abilities sure were impressive, to say the least. It would have taken Johnny (And any of his siblings) quite a bit of concentrating just to pinpoint their starting location. This girl just pointed at a spot and said 'We're here'. That's something that made him wish that they hadn't thrown her at the first schmuck that they came across. He was interested a little bit by where she was saying is scary. The first place was definitely the food storage, the other place was unmarked... This girl knows something. Hm. Perhaps it'll be best that he saves the questions until they're out of here. Johnny was reading her emotions quite well. There was a thick aura of fear under all that happiness and giddiness. This school has traumatized her. He could easily learn all about it if he touches her - Eh. No. Something was telling him that he shouldn't play empath to the little girl. So, he just decided to encourage her a little bit, and move on, "Ah, that's very good, you are quite the adventurer... And that's the fun of adventuring. We get to find out new and interesting things." With that the group started to move. With Livvy in front, and Johnny at her side.

One eye was being kept on Livvy at all times. The other was ahead. Since Livvy said that she can see in the dark; he assumed that she could detect people better than himself right now. She'll probably speak up if she does. The thing that interested him was how the girl was staying so... Cheerful - Even if there's quite a bit of fear in her heart. This school is one big old tragedy, and she still remains hopeful. It confused Johnny. Then again... He wasn't taking in consideration that she was a mere innocent child. But, it's only a matter of time before she goes full on crazy for the rest of her life. This school turns kids into killers, and those who once lead letting monsters off their chains. He actually was glad that he could see the world for what it really was...

No he really wasn't. Actually. Things were easier when he was like that.

Then they arrived at the Armory (Or he believed is the armory). Then they get greeted with a hoist of dead bodies at the entrance to the large door. He recognized these bodies, however. They had the very same armor that the soldiers did that attacked the school. Their death brought him a bit of glee. That's  exactly what you deserve.... "Sylvia! Cover her eyes!" Johnny shouted his orders to Sylvia, remembering that they have a little girl with them. This is quite the gruesome sight, that they shouldn't let a little girl see. Especially since he had the feeling that she would freak out, run off, and leave them in the @ss-end of nowhere to rot away and die. If only Jake was here, he could cloak these bodies and they'll be done with them.

By command, Sylvia quickly floated over to Livvy and put her hands over the young girl's eyes. Hopefully she wouldn't see anything. Sylvia herself was horrified at the sight... What made her a bit more paranoid was what killed them. Her guard was up, ready to blast away whatever pops up. Her ability to see soundwaves gave her no indication that anyone was nearby... Still she was on guard. Johnny probably has a better sensory ability than her, anyway.

"Hey Livvy," Johnny started off, talking in a friendly, playful tone. Like he's totally not staring at a bunch of dead bodies. "Wanna play a game? It's called 'Close your eyes' it's where you keep your eyes shut until we give you the green light. Sounds fun, right?" Johnny tried to make it sound like a game. He had no idea how she'd react, and he didn't exactly have time to come up with something clever. There was one thing that he had in mind. Making sure that the place was clear. He tilted his head downwards and tried to sense any emotional presences... Other than them, there was one. In the armory. He quickly leaned in towards Luce and whispered to her, hoping that Livvy didn't hear, "... Luce, there's someone - Or thing, in there.... What do you suggest we do?"

The way that Johnny saw this; if a monster pops out, only himself and Luce need to take action. They'll flood the place with bullets and riddle the motherfucker with holes before he even has a chance to react, and just leave him there in the pile of corpses. In case that doesn't work, and they do need to get clever... Johnny figured that he and Sylvia lead him into the armory, trap him there, and blow the place to hell. They're fast enough to pull that off (They've done similar). Just like killing Hunter was a second option, destroying the armory if the plan goes to hell works, quite well. Maybe he shouldn't make such decisions anymore. In hindsight killing Hunter was quite impulsive... Even though... Bleh. Too many variables to go over.

Since (While it was unlikely for him to say it outloud) Luce was likely the more experienced out of them, he was going to trust her judgement and go along with her advice (Unless it's really stupid).

He's seen her in action.

And he's quite impressed.

Jake V. Valos, Lin C. Kentt, and...

After their chat Jake and Lin both agreed to head to the dorms and get dressed, find Lily, and find out the next course of action the group is going to take. Hopefully they'll be closer and closer leaving here. They were approaching the entrance to the dormitory building.

What they didn't know was that they were walking into a little, special, treat a certain serial killer is setting up for the cast. The Traitor. After acquiring a few bombs while everyone else was off fighting the battle in the Eye Factory, the Traitor had set up quite a few bombs in the dormitory building while everyone else was blissfully unaware. They were set up all over the school, and even if one was found, there was nothing anyone could do to disable it. Or even lessen the damage to the building. The bombs were set up in many key areas of the Dormitory building. The lunchroom, the entrance, the kitchen, the library, etc. However, many of the bombs were set up in the dorms where the students slept. They were literally all over the dorms. Regardless of if they were set up near anybody, damage will be caused to the students. After the bombs were set, the Traitor hauled @ss. The first thing on the Traitor's mind was getting a sufficient distance. All it took was one press of a button, and this whole place will go up in flames. The plan was to cause damage to where they sleep, and keep their items. Thus, cause even more tension among the group, and help the Traitor set in motion the next part of the grand plan to make sure that nobody leaves this place.

Spoiler:

The one mistake that the Traitor made was going out the front door. Which brought the Traitor face to face with Jake Valos and Lin Kentt.

While Jake was depressed as hell; there was little stopping him from taking action to apprehend the Traitor. "YOU!" He shouted. This was his chance to bring in the b*stard who got his twin killed. All he has to do is trap the Traitor in something durable and signal everyone else. His first priority, however, was defending himself and Lin. He assumed that the Traitor had a gun on him. With one snap of his fingers, Jake had created a curved wall of boron carbide to defend himself and Lin. Boron carbide is the third hardest material on the planet, so it can take bullets and more. Just to track the Traitor he managed to make it transparent. With that out of the way, he put a dome of boron carbide over the Traitor, and made it tight as possible to restrict movement. Then he quickly created a red flash of light in the air, which made a loud pop. To alert everyone else of their discovery.

The first thing that came to Lin's mind was reading the Traitor's mind to find out his or her identity. The Traitor's mind was hard to penetrate, but not immune to her telepathy. She gotten stronger, and all it would take was a little bit of effort and she'll be in.

However, the Traitor had something else in mind. Jake made one error, he basically made a shield for the traitor too. With one press of a button, all the bombs that the Traitor set up exploded all at once. Creating one massive boom, and sending a powerful shock-wave throughout the entire school. The building wasn't completely destroyed, since it was made to be durable as possible (For destructive Metas). However, a large amount of damage was done to the school. An irreparable amount of damage. Anyone inside the dormitory building would be rocked, injured, or downright killed, depending on how close they are to the bomb. The bomb at the entrance exploded and sent rubble everywhere.

The shockwave set off by the explosion rocked Jake and Lin, and threw off both their concentrations. Thus, the illusions, and the attempts at accessing the Traitor's mind failed. Jake, Lin, and the Traitor were a sufficient distance from the explosion, so they weren't blown to bits or hit with too much rubble. The first thing the Traitor did was pull a Glock 17 out of his/her waistband and fire off a few shots, one handed, while trying to run away. Since it's near impossible to aim a gun properly while moving, and with one hand, most of the shots missed them completely.

However, one shot hit a target. A bullet graced Lin's left shoulder, nothing serious, but quite painful. Blood dripped out of it, and Lin screamed. She dropped down on to her behind and clenched her arm tightly as possible.

With Lin shot, and a f*cking explosion going off in his face... The normally level-headed and calm Jake was losing his sh*t. So he did the only thing that came in mind. The first thing really. He set up a large dome of titanium. It was, very, very thick. So it'll take a lot of damage before anyone can get to them. While under the dome, he grabbed on to Lin. Unsure of what the hell to do.

One thing was sure; Jake needed help.

The Traitor escaped before anyone else showed up. If the light in the sky didn't alert everyone, then the explosion will. No one would be able to detect the Traitor with their powers.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 4:26 am

Luciana "La Cordera" Rojas, Anastasia "The Nightingale" Krol, and Olivia "Livvy Starlight" Averton

Livvy swelled with pride, the aurora around her flickering intensely for a moment as she blushed. "Oh, heehee. Thanks. Ooh, let's go." Luce glanced at Johnny and smiled a bit-her face was screaming, "Told ya so", but not in an obnoxious way. She wasn't rubbing in the fact she was right, more elating in it. They would've all been rather screwed had Livvy's navigational abilities been anything less than flawless-as dark and winding as the hallways of the sub-basement were, one could wander for hours without stumbling across the same spot. And even if you did, you'd have a tricky way of knowing it. Not to mention Sylvia's speed and Luce's weapons would be impaired by the close-quarters...

Luce brought up the rear of the group, but kept an eye on Livvy when she could. Her fingers stayed close to the sixguns, ready to blur into her jacket, whip them out, and gun down anyone or anything that came close to the little girl. She wasn't normally the type to stop and consider whether or not it was ethical to shoot who was coming at her, but Luce was in even more of a "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality than usual. Sir Teddy, who had been placed in Livvy's backpack for safekeeping, stared Luce down with each each step, a subtle reminder of who was at stake should the group mess up.

Then...the armory. Luce had seen some cold-blooded CENSORED, but that was bad, even for her. At least twenty dead bodies, she counted off the top of her head. They lay askew and piled haphazardly, but there was a remnant of organization to the way they were arranged. Luce was no forensic scientist, but she'd seen the aftermath of a shoot-out plenty of times. "They came in as a squad, look, and then something scared them...broke them apart..." she pointed a finger at the way the groups had fallen to the sides, needles sticking out of eye sockets, bullet holes placed between chinks in armor. Dios mio.

Not to mention one of them was crucified by silver needles over the armory door.

Livvy, for once, had caught a break. She was staring up at the stars (perhaps looking silly to the others in the group, as she was arched back a like a turkey trying to drink rainwater) and humming quietly to herself when they came across the armory. Then Johnny was telling her to close her eyes, which was fine with her, because she could still the stars with her eyes shut, so no big deal. She latched one hand onto Johnny's pants leg and another onto Sylvia's and kept walking, totally undeterred. Her foot kicked against the hard ceramic plate of a dead mercenary. "Can I open my eyes? There must be steps or something he-"

"No, Livvy, if you open your eyes you, uh, lose the game."

The thought of losing what was surely a sacred and incredibly important game spurred Livvy to tear her hands from the big kids and slap them over her eyes, her whole face scrunched with the effort of keeping her eyes shut. Luce breathed a sigh of relief. At least the little girl wouldn't have to see all...this.

Luce drew her revolvers, silently and smoothly. She told Johnny, "One of us stays back with Livvy. Sylvia rushes into the armory and distracts them, Johnny lets loose with all his light, and as soon as I have a clear shot, I take it. Don't want to risk missing and hitting a grenade or something."

Luce's lips moved, but no sound came out. "Not funny, Sylvia." She spoke again, but still silence. Luce felt a sudden low, primal urge of familial terror and grabbed Livvy, pressing her back against Johnny and kept her eyes on Sylvia. Someone could pick them off one by one, they'd be-

The armory doors flung open and someone started shooting. Luce screamed out (her chapped, pink lips moved but no sound escaped), stretching out one hand at the doors. The bullets curled away from them, hitting the walls on either side of them, but there was hardly any light down here, no sound, no way to warn the others.

Then the whole world exploded with light, sound came rushing back in, and what felt like half a freight train's worth of force slammed Luce into Johnny, sending them down to the ground. Luce aimed her revolvers where she thought the assailant was and almost opened fire, but the fear of somehow, irrationally, hitting Livvy, stopped her. Motherfucker, Luce, don't go soft now shoot shoot shoot

The flashbang kept Luce's eye completely blind, her ears ringing too loud to hear anything, but she kicked and flailed wildly at whatever attacker might be there. Her foot was either hitting someone or a dead body, she wasn't sure-

Livvy, whose ears were now hurting very badly, loudly asked, "Can I please open my eyes now?" She'd been standing between Luce and the flashbang and was blissfully unaware of what was going on.

The light began to clear and a sharp pain shot up Luce's legs. She struggled, but the pain intensified. As she blinked furiously, her vision beginning to come back (as her hearing slowly returned), she saw a figure in black holding her leg in a painful grip, the sort of thing that was a half-inch away from popping her hip out of socket. She went still, recognizing the threat, but kept her guns ready and pointed. The woman-she was dressed strangely, that was for sure, in a black jumpsuit of sorts, it looked reinforced in some places, with a scoped rifle strapped to her back and something that had to be tougher than, but in the same family as spandex strapped to her arms and legs. Glittering blue eyes looked between them, and then the .45 pointed at Sylvia's head and the grip on Luce's leg stopped.

The Nightingale stood up, head tilted to one side. She holstered her pistol and glanced between the three of them, her body language screaming, "Huh?". She'd clearly been expecting someone else, perhaps more mercenaries. On the other side, the way the group hadn't come through, a few land mines were set up beneath the dead bodies, rigged to go off if someone moved them. Luce suddenly felt very foolish for kicking the corpse during the flashbang.

The Nightingale stretched out a hand and the lingering noise of the flashbang vanished, leaving everyone able to hear again. Behind her, the shadows seemed to dance along the walls, reaching out to caress her. She looked visibly wounded, with a bit of duct tape wrapped around her right leg, and after a moment or two of bearing her weight on it she had to lean back against the wall, fingers clutching at it for support. She pointed at the group and shrugged-Why are you here? Why is the little girl here?

Luce kept her revolvers trained on her. "Bi-" she glanced at Livvy. "Start talking."

The Nightingale shook her head. Her body language had gone from completely hostile and defensive, striking a pose that looked like a mix of what you'd see in a martial arts studio and learn in basic training, to completely nonchalant, resting against the side of the armory door. Her weapons were holstered and her eyes looked between the four of them expectantly.

"Please can I open my eyes now?"

"Sir Teddy says no, Livvy." Luce scrambled backwards, pressing her back against the wall. Her whole chest already felt sore from that flashbang, her eyes still watery with pain. "Who are you? Did you..." she gestured with one of her revolvers at the dead body.

The Nightingale nodded "Yes".
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Bones, Toby, Nicole, Pedro, & Frillerfang

When the bombs went off, it was by chance alone that the group by the Lake had survived. Having no defenses that would allow them to survive such powerful events, they were lucky that there wasn't a bomb in the water. However, that didn't stop the shock wave from the bombs hitting them, and they all wound up tossed into the water, where they promptly landed on Frillerfang's length, as she was a very long meta, and had been resting underwater near the shore. Toby's weight crushed her tail, breaking some more sensitive bones, and she reacted instinctively, waking up, and twisting around to bite his leg, creating a deep wound, barely missing his artery. She then tossed everyone out of the water with a vigorous shake of her body, forcing them high into the air to land back on the shore. Only then did she blink her clear eyelids and realize they weren't attackers.

Toby yelped like a dog, panicking at the sight of blood coming from the bite-wound in his leg. He was used to dealing with blunt blows, but he was so unused to being cut, that he thought he was dying from something fatal. He felt light-headed, because he was not used to the sight of his own blood, and surely, it would have to be a very deep wound, in order cause blood loss. Fighting back nausea, he rolled his head to look away, whimpering at the pain of his injured joints. He rolled the injured leg, and tucked it under his torso, using his whole body to apply pressure, to stop the bleeding. Then, he blacked out, unable to retain consciousness, the mental shock being too great.

Bones was a tough meta, but in truth, without her powers, she was actually very delicate, physically. None of her bones snapped when she got hit by the wave the bombs set off, but she hadn't had the chance to protect herself, as the opportunity of warning given by the red flare everyone had seen wasn't quite enough. So it was that her skeleton was fine, or rather, instantly repaired all damage, and the rest was not. Her scars, hidden by her clothing, were easily the most sensitive part of her body, and they were fresh from the battle in the Eye Factory, so they tore open when she landed on the shore after Frillerfang tossed her. She was soaked in blood within a matter of seconds, and the blood immediately clotted, making her look near-dead. Everything hurt, and past the blood, her skin was bruised. She didn't black out, her tolerance to pain prevented it, but still, she was loathe to move. It still hurt, very badly.

Pedro's feathers were not waterproof, and so it was that he was soaked to the bone when he got wet, and wound up freezing, even though the temperature was not that cold. Shivering, he tried to move, and found that his left wing would not move at all. It dangled, useless by his side, when he got up, and he knew, just from the odd angle of the shoulder, that the joint was broken. He couldn't fly, and his feathers didn't do anything to warm him. He couldn't use his powers, either, as despite the fact that they made no contact with him, he had to be dry for his flames to work. He shook uncontrollably, his broken wing not hurting at all. He was confused, and suddenly couldn't process what was happening.

Nicole was lucky, for her feathers repelled water as easily as fowl that lived in it every day. Blood seeped through her feathers, but she had been quick enough in her reaction to avoid anything worse than painful bruising, and perhaps a few minor fractures. When she had gotten thrown, she had forced her body to go slack, as hard as relaxing was in such situations. The lack of tension had prevented her bones from being severely damaged. However, it was still very painful to get up and move, and at first, she was reluctant to do so. However, she saw her friends, and Pedro, with a blank gaze, still standing, still alive. She rose to her talons, and saw that he was shivering, as though frozen. She went over, and stretched out an aching wing, wrapping it around him, to keep him warm. That was when the pain from his injured wing set in, and he suddenly screeched and passed out, going slack, though she supported him.

Nicole looked around at her friends, Frillerfang, hissing with the pain as she hauled her crushed tail out of the water, at Bones, silently fighting against the pain, and Toby, unconscious, but having managed to stop the bleeding in his leg, by some miracle. Her deep blue, wolf-like eyes narrowed, and she gave a snake-like sound produced by threatened owls. She knew by now that the Traitor had done this. She looked over at the tops of the buildings, most of which were damaged, and saw much of the dorms, smoldering rubble, but parts still standing. That didn't help, though, and much of them was open to the sky. There would be no more shelter for them, now, and they would no longer have facilities to stay in. They would probably have to sleep outside, just like real animals did, which made her blood boil. Not everyone was adapted to living outside, most human-like metas were not.

Sandy & Reginald

Sandy had been far in the woods with Nigel, eating leaves and other things others wouldn't find delicious, when the bombs went off. She was hit by a weak shock wave, and thrown into a tree, but by far, it was not the most painful injury she had received. She just got a nasty bruise between her shoulder-blades, and a mini-dragon plastered to her chest, scratching her shoulders with his talons. She backed up, and carefully held Nigel away from herself until he stopped struggling, before she let him climb back onto her shoulder again, sending a kind of 'what was that?' signal, into her brain through the little cold spot in the center of her forehead.

She reacted when she heard a stumbling coming from behind, and turned to see a black dragon-like animal meta, covered in dozens of sores, which appeared to be healing, as they were pale pink. He looked like he was recovering from some sort of terrible illness, and a few of the larger sores looked as though they were slightly infected. His nose was missing, and so was much of the skin around his teeth, making his face a terrible grimace. He was also blind in one eye, and missing several fingers and toes. His wings were so tattered, it was probably bad for him to fly. He had a bruise on one shoulder, and had probably been tossed by the shock wave, also.

For a moment, the dragon boy seemed confused, but then, clarity came to his eyes, "Where am I?" He asked.

Tom & Marie

When the bomb was discovered, Tom had quickly grabbed Marie and started to run out of the library, desperately trying to protect her before it exploded. He got to the door, and was tossed into the hallway as it went off. The only thing he could do was wrap himself around the young girl as tightly as possible, and take as much of the impact and explosion as he could, as he flew into the wall, receiving a painful bruise to the back, and feeling bones crack all along his body. His arms burned as they started to bleed, and so did his legs, but aside from a few bad scratches caused by flying debris and bruises, Marie was much better off than he was.

When it happened, Tom's powers changed, as that desperation caused his body to undergo the Omicron burst it had been preparing for all along. His hair follicles and the hair already grown changed color, changing to a bright, platinum blonde. His body began to glow, and his eyes changed, though he did not know it. He was too badly injured to think clearly, and as he released Marie, he blacked out, unaware that his powers no longer had anything to deal with physical strength. He did not realize he had just become an extremely powerful meta, either, because he was too hurt to even be aware.

Marie got up, feeling panic rising in her chest, but concern for Tom pushing it down, as she turned to take in his injuries. She had been learning better control of her own powers by being around someone who needed to control his emotions. She was learning how to exhibit her feelings, without changing into an energy form. More often, she had to control extremely dramatic feelings, as well, because of the terrible things that regularly happened at the school. Aside from some bruising and cuts, she was far better off than him. His arms and legs were torn apart, and he was bruised all over. However, something was different. He was glowing, and his hair was a different color. As curious as she was, Marie didn't want him to die, so she took her backpack from off his shoulders, and rummaged around until she pulled out an old, ugly jacket she had been keeping in it. It was black, and covered with flecks of white paint from when she hadn't been careful in it. Regardless, fabric was fabric. She took the jacket and wrapped it around Tom's right arm, which seemed to be the worst, and pressed hard, trying not to flinch when blood slowly started to seep through.

She had to stop the bleeding.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Ryan
Spoiler:

Ryan was laying in bed on that fine morning with a red Eastman Arc top guitar on his lap. He was playing Johnny B. Goode, one of his favorite songs to play on guitar. He was firing away, playing hard as he could, and trying to tune out all the little telepathic voices in his head. Every once in a while, Ryan woke up with a headache, which caused his telepathic powers to go into overdrive. When that happened, he heard everyone around him's thoughts all at once uncontrollably, and it was maddening. All he could do is take Advil, play guitar, and hope that the voices all shut up.

As he was playing, he went over the day's past events. Everything was destroyed, and now this jackass Johnny was cavorting around like some kind of hero. Johnny was no hero; Ryan knew that much. He was all lust and pride, lustful of all women in general (especially the sexy French blonde he hung around) and prideful of his own abilities. Johnny thought himself invincible, and Ryan was destined to see his downfall. Of course, thinking about Johnny pissed Ryan off, and as soon as he played the next note, the B string on his guitar snapped explosively, giving his right hand the equivalent of a papercut. He cursed loudly, sat the guitar down on his bed, and walked across his austerely-furnished dorm to a wooden drawer on the other side. The dorm was boring-looking, complete with a bed, desk, television, and drawer, with the exception of the collection of guitars hanging on the wall to the left of the door. Ryan slid open the drawer, on the top of which was a white 1970 Fender Stratocaster Pawn in a glass case, and grabbed a B string from a well-organized drawer of guitar strings, as well as a pair of wire cutters, a tool essential to replacing strings. Just as he turned to go back to the bed, he was lifted off of his feet by a massive explosion.

"NOT MY STRAT!" he screamed as he crashed into the drawer. The drawer shattered, but Ryan luckily grabbed the two-thousand-dollar guitar mid-fall, getting showered with broken glass as he did so. His head went through the drywall, and he was showered with six guitars that were all loosed from their brackets by the explosion.

A few moments later, he groaned groggily, and slowly rose to his feet, pushing off two Taylors and a Martin to find that the chunk of room that had once held his bed, desk, and arc top guitar had been completely destroyed. A chunk of it's body lay in the corner, smoking. Strat in hand, Ryan slowly walked to the edge of the gaping hole in his floor and wall, and, still groggy, looked around for the source of the explosion. He saw a dome of titanium form nearby, and a shadowy figure running off. Ryan felt his face, which was wet with blood thanks to a large cut which now struck across the right side of his face. His clothes were cut to ribbons and his skin was covered in wounds from the glass and wood. He looked down at the Strat, and lost it.

"YOU SNEAKY-ASS SON OF A B*TCH!" Ryan screamed out as loud as he could "YOU SCRATCHED MY 2,000 CENSORED DOLLAR STRAT! I'M GOING TO CENSORED KILL YOU!!!" Ryan sat the guitar down (which now had a massive scratch across it and five broken strings) and took off towards the hole in the wall. He jumped down and rolled when he hit the ground gracefully for someone who had never done it before. He was very, very pissed, so pissed that he wasn't sure what he was going to do to the traitor when he found them. Running after a guy with a Glock was probably a bad idea, but nobody messed with Ryan's strat.

Nobody.

Taylor

Taylor awoke with a jump, screaming as the windows of Johnny's dorm shattered from the blast of the explosion. She threw her hands over her face to shield it from the glass. One shard fell and cut her shoulder, drawing blood. She cried out as the shard sliced her skin, and felt the wound. Her hand was wet with blood. Taylor slowly got up, her ears ringing, and looked out of the open window. Jake was standing still, terrified. She watched as he surrounded himself in a dome of titanium, and a shadowy figure ran off. Someone yelled something about a guitar, and they jumped down from a hole now in the side of the dorm room. Taylor was going to shout something to him, but she was more concerned about Jake. She ran out of the door to Johnny's room and out the dorm's main door.

"Jake!" she shouted into the dome, banging on it "It's Taylor. He ran away!"
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:14 am

Jake V. Valos, & Lin C. Kentt.

All Jake could really hear was loud sirens of the dorms. Blaring over and over again. The speakers roared, "STUDENTS EVACUATE THE BUILDING AT ONCE! EVACUATE THE BUILDING!" He wasn't exactly in the best of mental states right now... Everything just overwhelmed him. He felt like just collapsing into tears. His ears were ringing like hell, and he was disoriented. He looked down at the injured Lin. Scared out of his mind. God dammit... I f*cked up... He looked over his shoulder, and got the feeling as if someone was watching, judging him. He turned his head to look over his shoulder to see Gabriela. With her arms crossed, giving him a narrow glare. It was only an illusion... One that he had subconsciously created. As quickly as the illusion of Gabe appeared, she vanished. For now.

Maxx wrote:
"Jake!" she shouted into the dome, banging on it "It's Taylor. He ran away!"

What stopped him from giving in there was Taylor's presence. It was nice to know that he had one friend here. He spoke, his voice obviously cracked, "Get in!" He forgot that there's several feet of titanium separating himself from Taylor. Which he quickly corrected. In the blink of an eye, the illusion disappeared, and reappeared again, much larger. With Taylor inside. Even with the Traitor gone, he wasn't about to just drop the illusion and walk off. There was no where to really go. Plus, the Traitor's likely creeping around in the bushes. "J-jesus... Th-this is too much!" Jake stuttered. Making it clear he wasn't doing his best right now. "I..." At this point, Jake had little clue what to say other than gibberish.

Still in pain and bleeding, Lin clenched her arm tightly. She was still panicking just a bit. Her wound was bleeding quite a bit. Without medical attention she could bleed out, or get an infection. "We need to find Crystal!" Lin hisses between her teeth. That was the only logical option. She wasn't paying too much attention to Taylor. More about this sharp, stinging agony.

"O-oh... Oh... Y-yeah!" Jake said, voice still cracked and nervous as ever. The only problem is that he had no idea where Crystal is. She could be in the dorms... Not going to cut it. There was only one other option. The Hospital... Unless that gets bombed too. There was no choice. Head to the hospital and try to get Lin help there. He quickly walked over to Lin and grabbed her by the arm. Jake turned his attention to Taylor for a moment. "Taylor, help me get her up! We're going to the hospital."

Eyes from all over the school started pouring in. Coming from all directions and heading into the dorms to put the many fires, and help the students.

Victoria, & Charles Blackmore.

The shockwave from the explosion had knocked both Charles and Victoria off their feet. They were a sizable distance from the boom. So it'd be simple. "What the hell?!" Charles asked as he was knocked on to his behind.

Victoria merely yelled and covered her ears.

They both were relatively unharmed, but horribly shocked. There was an immense confusion about what happened. Regardless of if it was a bomb or meta-human, it'd be stupid not to investigate what happened. "Get up!" Victoria said as she rose to her feet. If they're fast enough, maybe they'll arrive just in time. She started running at full speed. Since Victoria was less than fit... Charles had a bit more speed than her - But he had no choice but to stay around her speed. She was slowing him down.

After a bit of running, Victoria had sensed the Telepathic presences of the animal-types by the lake. Going off their thoughts; they weren't doing too good. It was in her duty as a Blackmore to assist them in any way she could. Since they were helping good people. "This way." She turned away towards the lake, and Charles followed. She quickly arrived in view of the animal types. Yeah. They weren't doing good. "Oh my god, are you guys okay?" Victoria quickly changed her brainwaves to tap into Telekinesis. Just in case something pops up, she can reflect everything that the Traitor can throw at them, and fight quite well. "Anything we can do to help?"

Then Charles remembered that he had Crystal's healing stored on one of the items. He didn't exactly have a chance to go and practice with it - But he kept in mind what Crystal told him... Well, the best way to practice was with experience. He pulled out his silver locket, and grabbed his glasses [Which had Crystal's power stored]. A green electricity-like light traveled from his head into the locket, and another light came out of. Trading his Sand Manipulation for Psionics. Since Crystal isn't here, he should do his best to heal him. "Hey... I can heal you guys." Charles hesitantly says. Okay, it may not be the best idea since he's less than skilled in this ability.

The training hall is durable as hell. Made to withstand explosions far stronger than what the Traitor could dish out. Thus, no shockwaves or even intense vibrations made it to the group inside the training hall. However, the group inside heard the boom, and felt a small amount of rumbling. Drake dropped his fighting pose and turned his head towards the source, eyes narrowed. "... What the hell was that?" His body heat spiked as his skin started glowing a bluish-green. His body was just about to shift into his plasma form, when he stopped himself there.

"I don't know..." Lily says, looking around curious as ever. She was getting nervous, but she has to stop breaking down. Or else people will stop letting her lead them around.

"Well, we're checkin' it out." Drake says, voice full of determination. There was no way in hell that he would just ignore something like that. Especially when his friends could be in danger. He started walking out the door, with Lily behind him and he expected Crystal to be not that far behind.

When the flash bangs went off, Johnny was quite surprised. Because it was so dark, he didn't see the bullets, on top of no sound. He assumed it was Sylvia being an @ss and was about to kick her lights out. Then the flash bangs exploded. Johnny immediately got in front of both Sylvia and Livvy with one swift movement. Johnny was still in his emotional-energy form. Since he was the largest and could take the heaviest of hits; it was only fair for him to be in front. He had his hands extended forward, with his usual finger-gun gesture. The only thing stopping him from giving whatever was stupid enough to pull that off hell was that he had no clue what was going on. Luce could be in front of him, or Sylvia. His ears were ringing like hell because of the flashbang. Like he's used to from Sylvia's many attacks on him.

Sylvia on the other hand was screaming profanities, only for nothing to come out when her mouth moved. F*cking with sound is my thing, motherf*cker! She thought to herself. She stopped emitting soundwaves because right now it's useless - Along with the rest of her sonic abilities. That didn't stop her from yanking out her iPod and turning on some music. She extended her right hand straight out, and tightly wrapped her hand around her wrist. Ready to shoot.

Once the flash receded, what could be seen is a woman wearing a military armor, and guns. The kind of armor that reminded Johnny of the soldiers that attacked. They immediately turned their "guns" on the Nightingale, ready to give her hell. Even if they don't have actual guns. Not a word was said. There was something stopping Johnny from just opening fire and killing her... Even though the urge to shoot her was even greater because she had a gun aimed at Sylvia. You pull that trigger, you die. Plain and simple... He warned her mentally (She wouldn't hear it) as he narrowed his eyes.

Even when the woman put her weapons down, Johnny and Sylvia kept their weapons drawn. Appearing hostile as possible. They had little idea who this b*tch is. While it was purely coincidence; they both were thinking the exact same thing (That this woman was with the mercs that attacked). They had no idea what her abilities are... But, they could catch her off guard should she go for her gun.

Sylvia was cocked and ready to go. All it took was an once of will, and she'd fire off a cannon that'd launch this b*tch against the wall. Giving Johnny and Luce a massive window of opportunity to finish her off as she collected her wits. The only problem would be if she does the silence-thing... Sylvia had a feeling it would totally nullify her sound manipulation abilities.

"Now..." Johnny leveled his finger guns at the areas of the Nightingale's armor that weren't armored and were critical. "I believe we have one big misunderstanding here..." Johnny narrowed his eyes. He wasn't happy that this woman could have easily killed them all, because they were caught off guard. "I'm guessing that you thought that we were hostile..." Johnny faded off, his eyes peering downwards at the dead bodies. "... Or one of them. I don't blame you. I would have done the same thing, in fact, I already have. If it wasn't for dumb-luck, I wouldn't be here right now..." Ready to gun your @ss down. "So, just to be cordial; thank you for not murdering us." He lowered his arms, and rested them at his sides. As a sign of goodwill. Didn't matter if they were pointed or not. Because he was fast as hell. He could close the distance between them in the blink of an eye. Aiming his fingers at her again would be easy as breathing air. "... Since if you wanted us dead, you would have taken action by now. And you lowered your guns. I'm going to take that as a sign of... Non-hostility. We won't attack if you won't." If you are, take the shot now.

F*ck that sh*t. This b*tch tries ANYTHING and I'm breaking her tits off. Sylvia thought to herself as she tried her best to appear calm. Right now, she was full of tension that needed to be released. Her arm pointed at the Nightingale was shaking. Giving away that she was nervous at best.

There was one thing that Johnny would always best Luce and Sylvia at, and it was being the charming smooth-talker that'd act as the people-person for them. "I am Johnny of the Valos family, and this is Sylvia Bertoose. Would you mind telling us your name?" Johnny introduced himself and Sylvia (He was going to leave Luce and Livvy introductions to them). "We have come for the armory... Is this it?"
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Lexy
-------
When the explosions went off, Lexy was outside, nearing the dormitory. Thus the blast sent her flying back, landing painfully on her side. She stayed there for a moment, ears ringing and vision blurry. When her vision finally focused, Lexy was staring at the rubble of the dormitory entrance. She slowly got up, wincing as the right side of her body felt almost as if it were burning. Landing on her side got it completely scraped up- from her right leg to her arm to her right cheek. She breathed deeply as a way to try to keep the pain subdued. It wasn't really life threatening, it just hurt- Really, really, badly. Her left cheek was also sliced from a piece of flying glass, but it wasn't really bleeding that much and it didn't hurt that much, either.

Walking slowly as a way to reduce the pain, Lexy walked around the dormitory, not wanting to walk into the building any more. She saw someone jump out of a hole that had been created in one of the walls from the explosion and take off running (Ryan). She squinted her eyes in the direction before slowly raising her left, uninjured arm. Her naivity caused her to call out to him. "Heeey!" She called, trying to get his attention before taking off towards him, trying to ignore the pain from her right leg as it began moving, "Wait!"

------
Crystal
------

Crystal jumped out of her fighting stance when the explosion hit, nerves on edge, which was normal to expect from anyone at the Othergrounds. "An explosion?" She remarked, following Drake and Lily out of the training hall. ((and with that , the bell rings Razz))
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:07 am

Bones, Nicole, Toby, Frillerfang, & Pedro

Nicole, having one wing wrapped around Pedro in an attempt to keep him from getting hypothermia, was the first to answer. She looked around at her friends, before looking back at Victoria and Charles, "We would really appreciate it, but there's only so many you can help before you wear out your own powers, and some of us are more urgent than others. You need to heal Toby first, he's got a nasty wound, and he's stopped the bleeding, but it's deep enough that it looks close to the artery, and if it breaks open or gets any deeper he could die from it." She looked over at the unconscious manatee-dog, and saw that Frillerfang had slithered over to him. With a sort of guilty expression on her face, she moved her coils and gently pushed him over onto his back, revealing that his front right leg had a deep bite mark that perfectly matched her own teeth. It was stuck to his chest, caked to his clothing by blood. She was the only one physically strong enough to move Toby, he was a very heavy meta, despite his powers revolving around super-speed. Frillerfang was upset that she was responsible for biting him, had she been more alert, she would have never done it. That guilt outshone the five screaming bones on the end of her tail, which moved stiffly and crookedly, clearly damaged.

Frillerfang then backed away, feeling ashamed, as she allowed Charles to get close to tend the wound. Was she just some freakish lake monster, now? It was clear it was her fault, anyone with eyes could see that her teeth had caused the injury. She coiled up, laying out the injured part of her body in front of her, looking at the damage. Toby's weight had left it severely out of line, and animal-meta anatomy was very different from human anatomy, at least in her case. She then clenched her jaw, and proceeded with her gigantic fins to touch the tender bones, taking in a sharp breath at the sting of pain. She would have to do this before the swelling, or it wouldn't heal right, regardless of if it was natural or because of a healer. She then ran her claws down her tail, nearly screaming as the bones were snapped back into their proper places. They were still damaged, but they weren't going to stay dislocated, too. She felt herself go light-headed, and saw spots, but viciously clung to consciousness. She wasn't going to faint, she needed to make sure nothing else was going to catch her by surprise.

After a long moment, Bones shifted and slowly and agonizingly rose to her feet, stumbling for a second as she tried to gain her balance. She was hardly recognizable, coated in so much blood, but she was far better off than she looked. Her physical endurance didn't include pain resistance, so her mind was filled with misery and hatred for whoever the traitor was. "I ain't in need of healing. I bleed like this all the time. Toby, he never bleeds, and that wound is deep." She growled through clenched teeth, not only coated in blood, but sodden and wet, too. She was vividly aware that Frillerfang had been the cause of the wound, and that the sight of his own blood had probably scared Toby enough to make him faint. She considered shouting at Frillerfang, except that the now-swelling tail and guilty expression on that face, which she had learned how to read, made her immediately forgive the shark-girl.

She stiffly walked over to Nicole, no indication of injuries to her skeleton in her gait, although pain and tenderness was clear from the way she moved. "Is he okay?" She indicated Pedro, who was unconscious, but otherwise seemed unharmed, wrapped up in Nicole's wing. She had personally been wondering if there wasn't something between those two, both being bird-metas, but at the same time, Nicole lifted the tip of her wing, revealing the strange-looking shoulder beneath the black feathers. Bones sharply inhaled through his teeth, not wanting to say anything, "Man, his wing's outta whack." She muttered under her breath, but loud enough for everyone to hear. "All right, I'm gonna see if I can put it back in the socket, still broken, but dislocated, too."

She then slowly walked over, practically limping from the soreness in her legs, and then grabbed the shoulder, trying to imagine the bones beneath the feathers and tissue. Bones had to be careful, bird-metas naturally had hollow bones, and no doubt the wrong kind of pressure could make things worse. She didn't need to worry about hurting Pedro, as he was out cold, so she carefully closed her hands over where the break seemed to be, forcing the bones back together, as she rotated the ball joint, so that there was an audible pop as it snapped back into the socket. "Okay, okay, now we got to immobilize it." She muttered, only to herself, this time. She looked around, scowling deeply when she couldn't see anything she could use. "We need a clean cloth, and I don't think we have anything." She said, huffing.

Nicole's crest drooped a bit, her form of sadness as her beak tightened, but did not let go of Pedro. When Bones noted that she wasn't laying him back down, she raised one eyebrow. Maybe she was right about this? Nicole opened her beak to respond to the imaginary question, "His feathers aren't waterproof, either he's not adapted, or when he bathed he used too many things to remove oil. He's soaked clean through, and before he passed out, he was shaking like a leaf. He can't stay warm on his own until he dries off." She explained.

Sandy & Reginald

'Where am I?'

Sandy flicked one large ear at the question. "You're in the woods, now who are you, and why are you so messed up?" She asked. She wouldn't have normally been so harsh and abrasive with someone who looked so poor in health, but the Traitor could be anyone, even this fellow. She almost felt a twinge of guilt, but she stamped it back down roughly. Still, that compassion tried to force its way through. This boy seemed extremely confused, either he was genuinely lost and didn't know where he was, or he was a very, very convincing actor. Nigel didn't seem to dislike him, either, and the little dragon had his own instinctive way of regarding people. She had learned this through their empathy link. She trusted her odd parrot-substitute's judgement.

The dragon boy looked down at himself, and his eyes widened with shock. Suddenly, he clutched his head, as though assaulted suddenly by a rush of memories. "My name...my name is Reginald...I was..sick?" it sounded more like a question, as though he wasn't entirely sure. He took his hand away from his face, gingerly, as he felt the lack of a nose or lips. He shuddered involuntarily, "I was...crumbling away...Ashing...but I lived...?" He pressed his hand to his forehead again, flinching, "I thought I was dead..." He said aloud, again, making little sense, though it was possible for someone who knew what he was talking about to make sense of each thought. It was a puzzle to be pieced together, this strange, badly damaged person, who was finally reaching a time of clarity after spending so long in an aware state, yet with the mentality of someone who was comatose.

Marie & Tom

Marie was struggling to keep herself from going over the edge of panic that would inevitably cause her to transform into Terror. If she did, the strange entity, which by now she had accepted had a mind of its own, would kill Tom without hesitation, just to torture its host. Marie felt like she was possessed by a group of spirits, some were good, and others were demons she had no control over. Every day was a battle to be contained, and the sorrow was overwhelming. It was the only emotion left to her not tied to her powers. Such a terrible thing, that she could not even be happy, without having a limit that would transform her.

She looked up as a swarm of three Eyes came up, ones that looked different from others she had seen. Saying nothing, the Eyes approached Tom, nudging her aside, and then ripped away the coat wrapped around his arm, bringing a fresh flow of blood. Marie's eyes lit up red, as she was angered, what were they doing. The vicious rage died down when she saw one Eye withdraw from its heart a roll of gauze, which it proceeded to wrap around each injured arm, while other Eyes picked out shards of broken glass. They put disinfectant on the wounds, and checked for further injury.

A fourth Eye came and set its sights on Marie, coming up to her, and then withdrawing its own bit of disinfectant. It slowly began to apply it to her arms. As she did not complain against the cleansing sting, Marie's thoughts wandered, something she was able to do more and more often as time went on, without causing danger. This school was a nightmare come to life, and yet, whoever had built it, and these Eyes, had probably had good intentions for his students. They probably did not want them to suffer, but they did. At the same time, she knew better. She was simply glad these machines were able to attend to the injured in the building.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:27 am

Faith
---

When the bombs went off, Nick's dorm was close to one (as suggested in OOC, and I liked the idea :3), and so Faith was sent flying by the force of an explosion, a scream escaping her mouth. She would've landed on her back like in the eye factory fight if it weren't for her left leg suddenly moving on impulse and being the first to hit the wall behind her. That was the problem, as its strength didn't exactly stop Faith completely, and her back still hit the wall- while not as hard- twisting her leg to the side in the process. She gasped from the pain. Was that a snap? She was pretty sure there had been a snap.

She let out a small whimper, the pain sending tears to her eyes. Why was she always the weak one? Faith moved away from the wall, using only her right leg to somehow crawl. "Nick?" her vision was blurred from tears. "N-Nick, are you okay? I-I think I..." her voice faded. She wasn't sure what her leg looked like, as she was too scared to look at the damage. If one were too look at it, though, they would see that her kneecap would be popping out and a large bruise forming around it. They would also notice on her leg's calf-muscle area there would be a darker, larger bruise and quick swelling taking place.

Faith refused to look, however, and her eyes were stinging from tears, anyways, so she wouldn't be ablt to see it. She refused to let out a scream or break down into sobs, however, not wanting to seem any weaker. That's what she was beginning to think, lately. She couldn't protect anyone- not friends or herself. She felt bitter saying the next words, still holding in screams of anguish. "Nick- if you're o-okay, th-there's a healer. C-Crystal. I-I think I broke my leg."

((Time to get Nick n' Faith un-IC stuck! ;3))
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 4:05 am

Drake, Jake, Lily, & Lin.

Coming from the Training hall; Drake, Crystal, and Lily ran fast as they could. Well, Drake was pretty fast for his standard, and was only trying to keep up with Lily and Crystal. When he saw the smoke coming from the dorms, he picked up the pace, going much faster, and decided to get ready. He had no idea what going on, and it would be stupid of him to go in unprepared. Drake's skin started glowing a bluish-green as his body heat spiked. A thick, and burning hot, shroud of plasma enshrouded him, from head to toe. His hair was flowing like someone put a powerful fan in front of him. His outfit was incorporated into the transformation. Making him appear to be made of plasma. His entire body was burning hot, and the concrete beneath his feet was burnt. It would be best if Crystal and Lily kept their distance.

Then they approached the near destroyed dorm, and the first thing they noticed was the dome of titanium.

Knowing his friend with a similar name, Drake approached the illusory dome. Keeping his distance because his plasma form would only destroy it if he touched it. "Jake! It's me! What the f*ck is going on?!" He asked keeping his eyes on the dorms in front of him (Specifically the windows, and what's in them). Something suspicious pops up, and he's giving it one hell of a plasma blast.

"Drake, thank god!" Jake says, holding Lin in his arms. He altered the illusion a bit, knowing his allies are here. The back of the illusion, where Drake and the others were, disappeared. He looked up and saw Crystal. "She needs help!" Jake says to her. Pointing at her bullet wound. He wasn't doing too much good himself, with a bit of the rubble cutting him up (He was bleeding visibly), but he'll survive.

The questions on what happened were best saved for later. Drake turned back towards Crystal, "Looks like you're up." He then looked up at the building... There was people in there for sure. He wouldn't just stay out here for long. The second people get fixed up; he was going to be the hero and charge in and save everyone. He knew that Charles, Victoria and the others wouldn't be too far behind. The Blackmores would save everyone they could, bury who they can't. It was the right thing to do. Drake then dramatically slid his tinted goggles off his forehead, over his eyes.

On the other hand, Lily was looking up at the dorms. "Oh my god..." She muttered. A tear ran down her face. "Is there anyone in there?! Someone tell me right now!" While she sounded b*tchy and demanding, she was legitimately concerned for everyone in the dorms who could have been killed. She couldn't sense anyone, which concerned her. Not the thought that their only shelter was destroyed, and their possessions could be permanently damaged.

Meanwhile, Lin's skin was... Unraveling. Seemingly revealing another layer of skin of sorts underneath, and features that her other form possesses. It was a side effect of her shape-shifting when she got like this. She was losing her current form, and she'd reveal what she really is to her friends if she didn't keep it together. Right now, she was purely focused on trying to keep herself together. Some parts of her body were already noticeably reverted, mostly her face.

Charles, & Victoria Blackmore.

"Okay, I think I can do this." Charles muttered to himself as he got closer and closer to Toby. He put his hands on Toby, and felt a chill of awkwardness creep up his arms. Oh my god, this thing looks soooo weird. He thought to himself, not truly used to the animal-types that lurk the school. He wouldn't say that out loud and piss off the animal types. For now, Charles focused less on his discomfort and more on healing Toby. He closed his eyes, and willed it. Probably should have went to Crystal and asked for some training. Eventually, the many wounds on Toby quickly began to heal, and before long; he was good as new. Still unconscious, but fixed. With that out of the way, Charles focused on something else that caught his mind. The wounds obviously looked like something from a shark. There was one shark-like Meta-human.... Charles peered at the Frillerfang for a moment and was... Very reluctant to walk over there and heal her. Because he was intimidated, and a bit afraid. If she attacked, he knew that she could cause some serious damage to him. Charles stood straight up, and fake-coughed, covering his mouth.

Victoria noted Charles reluctance and decided to change the subject before they got offended. "Look," Victoria started off, pointing at the dorms. "We'll try to help you all we can - But we're needed there and help the others. Anyone willing can join us." Victoria knew if Drake would be charging in there the moment he saw the place, and it's in her best interests to assist him. Because she'd do the same thing, and keeping him alive was in her best interests. "Otherwise, stay put."

The Traitor.

Someone was following the Traitor.

Someone that's not very smart.

There was no doubt that the Traitor was going to take action. It was too early for the Traitor to be captured or killed. In order to stop Ryan, stealth had to be thrown away. The Traitor suddenly stopped dead, and swung around with glock held with both hands and pointed it at Ryan. Then the Traitor just pulled the trigger and emptied the clip fast as possible. Unloading a good five or so shots. All aimed at Ryan. The clip was now empty, and, if Ryan was bold enough, reloading would leave the Traitor open. So the Traitor quickly reached for some flash bangs. While taking steps back. The Flash bangs are for whoever else will pop up.

Ryan wouldn't be able to access the Traitor's mind. Not without an insane amount of effort.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Nick was launched. He was in much closer proximity to the bomb, and was thrown to the side, going through his own door and into the hallway, creating a massive dent in the wall outside of his room. Several of his ribs were cracked, and he was fairly certain something was wrong with his spine too considering it took a good bit of the force. He slid to the ground, slumped against the wall. His door lay beside him, cracked and splintered in half. He was, for a time, completely unconscious. Faith's cry for help fell on def ears. And for ten long minutes he sat in a seemingly dead state. Unmoving, and almost without breathing.

And then he awoke, gasping, coughing, falling to the side on his palms before vomiting to his side, most of the substance that left his mouth bright vibrant red. He fell to his elbows, his body screamed in pain and the constant ringing in his ears kept him from hearing anything. He spat a glob of reddish gunk from his mouth, which was a mixture of saliva and blood, and slowly, and shakily, forced himself to his feet. He looked down to his abdomen and then back up abruptly. A large pike of wood had lodged itself into his abdomen to the left of his abdominals. He was fairly certain there was a large amount of internal bleeding going on in his intestines at this point. He took a shaky step forward, nearly falling, catching himself on his now open door frame. He didnt take the pike out for fear of releasing the floodgates of blood that no doubt were only clogged by the pike itself. He was probably only alive right now due to his ability to heal.

He heard the last part of Faith's call though, to find Crystal. He opened his mouth to speak, trying to form words and for a short time couldnt say anything amongst his own coughing. There was probably something in his lungs. "I-" he began, before hacking up a dark red glob from his mouth. "I'll fi-fine her. Just stay put." He said, before hobbling off. He had to make it outside the building. He had to shout and scream and get someone, ANYONE to help him. Anyone at all. He limped along, the leg with the pike in his abdominals lacking the ability to properly support his critical body. His body fought for it's own life as he stumbled out the building, trying his best to stay conscious. He opened the doors to the building and stumbled out.

He looked for a moment, his eyes glazed, before he attempted to scream. "CRYSTAL!" he yelled as loud as he could, to try and get SOMEONE'S attention. He, having done all he could in his state, turned, and fell onto his back. Completely unconscious. His breathing was labored, and below him blood mixed with the still muddy ground, the wet grass stinging his wounds, and created an ugly mixture of reddish brown in the dirt. Whether he would live or die, only time would tell.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:19 am

Anastasia "The Nightingale" Krol and Luciana "La Cordera" Rojas and Olivia "Livvy Starlight" Averton

"Please can I open my eyes now?" Livvy whined. Fearing a potential lifetime of nightmares if the girl were to open her eyes, Luce wisely took off her hat and shielded the girl's face with it, preventing her from seeing anything even if she were to peek. It made Luce's hair-which was unkempt, kept back in a ponytail and looking as if it hadn't been washed in a little while. It was still attractive, somehow: Luce gave off the vibe she might've been quite the looker before she took up being a child soldier. Not many of those gracing the covers of beauty magazines, to put it bluntly.

The Nightingale glanced between the others and nodded slightly, raising her hands in a clear gesture of "not going to hurt you". She listened intensely while Johnny spoke to her, her blue eyes unwavering from him. The woman may have been shorter than Johnny by several inches, but she didn't let her deter her. She seemed like the sort that would've stared anybody down without flinching (no matter how terrified she might've been). Truth be told, she was a bit alarmed by being outnumbered by this group, but the presence of the little girl offset her fears: who took a toddler with them on a killing spree? Either they weren't that bad or they were real, real f*cked up. And Johnny putting his guns down convinced her of the former. The Nightingale pointed to her lips (or roughly where they would be beneath the mask) and then shook her head "NO". She tapped at her throat for a moment and made a motion with her hands as if using scissors: I cannot speak.

Luce took the opportunity to introduce herself. "I am Luciana Rojas, La Cordera-" The Nightingale's eyes widened at this information, her body language shifting ever so subtly, ever so defensively. "and this..." Luce hesitated, glancing down at Livvy. She looked back up and met The Nightingale's gaze with her own one-eyed stare, unflinching. "...this is a friend of ours." Perhaps it is better if no one knows Livvy's name.

Livvy was holding Sir Teddy in her arms, staring up at the stars, not really concerned with big kid talk at the moment. She did throw out an occasional complaint about keeping her eyes shut, however.

When Johnny mentioned the armory, however, the Nightingale perked up. She leaned off the wall, shaking for a moment on her weak leg: it was wrapped in bandages above the knee, and even with the dark mask concealing her face, there was a wince as she put her weight onto it. The Nightingale drew a pen from the front of her suit and a small notepad from the back and began jotting down a few quick notes before handing it to Johnny, who appeared to be the leader. (Little did she know, had she given it to Luce, Luce wouldn't have been able to read it anyways).

"My name is Natasha. You may call me the Nightingale-it is what I'm known as at this school. I am the chief of security for the Othergrounds. I am mute. Giving you access to the armory, I am not sure of. I have not seen you all here before, which makes me wonder if you are here as mercenaries or not-however, if you were, I sense you would've tried to kill me by now. The school may not be running normally, but turning over heavy weaponry to children still seems somewhat irresponsible. What has been going on in the school? I was trapped here by a group of mercenaries and my camera access was shut down by the only one with the authority to do so. Same bastard took out my leg. It will heal soon, but until then I opted to bunker down here. I can't protect the school if the mercenaries get their hands on what we have in here. I fear, however, the rest of the school has many more bodies than I have here."

The Nightingale drew a flashlight from her belt and clicked it on for Johnny to read-even in his emotional energy form, it seemed like common courtesy, and if they did turn hostile, a bright light right in the eyes fucks people up more than they realize. Still, the odds weren't exactly in her favor. If she, however, was to brought low by two teenagers, a little girl, and La Cordera, after taking down thirty or so mercenaries, she'd at least die with an ironic smile on her face. Luce glanced curiously at the note, vaguely wondering what it said, but far too proud to ask Johnny to read it aloud to her. She continued watching over Livvy, ready to draw and eviscerate the Nightinagle should she threaten them again. Luce wouldn't be caught off-guard twice.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:34 am

Faith couldn't have known Nick was hurt badly, as her vision was blurred from tears still. But when she heard him, she regretted not going to Crystal herself. She heard him begin to leave, voice full of pain. Now she wanted to cry even more. "Don't die!" she called to him, unsure if he heard her. When she was sure he had left, Faith curled up and cried, now that no one was around. Great, she just sent her boyfriend who was in an even worse condition to find someone, which could lead to his demise. What sort of girlfriend was she? Faith was certain the answer was "not a good one"

-
Crystal
-

Crystal nodded and began healing Lin, her healing skills having improved and thus were done much quicker. She was quite pleased with that skill increase, at least. Crystal removed her hands from the bullet wound and turned to Jake. "You need heali-"

Her name. Someone called her name. It echoed throughout the area. "Who was that?" Crystal questioned, looking around quickly. Where had the call come from? Did the person need help? Whose voice was it, anyways? She closed her eyes and enhanced hearing for only a moment. A thud could be heard, as if someone fell. She turned off the sensory abilities as to avoid using any more of her PSI energy and pointed in its direction. "That way," she said, pointing towards the direction of another dormitory entrance. Without even looking at the others, Crystal began walking. It wasn't far- really justaround the corner towards the entrance, but it was hard to tell with the loud call. Crystal looked in surprise at the bloodied figure before her.

A teenage boy slightly older then her with black hair and a pike in his abdomen was completely knocked out and bleeding. She quickly placed her hands on his chest where his heart was for faster healing and went to work. Internal bleeding was present- she decided to start with that then try to fix his spine, remove the pike and fix his ribs- Though his life could still go either way.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 3:32 am

Dragonfly

Dragonfly had caught up to the group. He could not clearly make out who he was following, only that they were in a group, and he was alone. Like cattle if he could make a comparison. Easy to split up and pick off one by one. All he had to do was let some acid go and suddenly they'd begin to scatter like flies around insecticide. He used the ceiling to trail them. Nobody looked up, and to make sure he would remain unseen, went into his signature stealth mode, his skin transforming to match his background, even if there was no light to be seen, the texture still altered. As he tailed them, he stopped when he heard the footsteps stop. They had found others.

He listened.

Someone he had not heard before, began talking. Were others living down here? He didnt know. Something to do with La Cordera or some other odd name like that. He didnt bother to remember. He didnt have to remember. He was just tailing these people, not looking to make friends. He continued to watch silently, thoughtfully, not interrupting their communications. He had no reason to, after all. However, he, like Luce would be for the second time, caught off guard. Someone turned on a flashlight.

For a split second, his black scaly skin shimmered, hasting to change to the walls color. His retinas screamed in pain as the sudden light change hurt his eyes. He screeched, his skin flaring back to it's original color and then to camouflage once again. He dove to a different part of the wall, his skin warping quickly as his large body moved extremely fast, too fast for his skin to change fast enough. If you were looking, you could see the outline of his body. He dove to the shadows where the flashlight could not find him, at least not in it's current position, to allow his eyes time to adjust to the new light. Now they knew he was here. Now they knew that they were not alone and that some invisible predator was watching them and following them. His claws scratched the stone beneath them in frustration. This was what he got for using the darkness as his main protection and being so reactive to light.

He took a moment to observe the group. Johnny, he knew him. He took him into the sub basement and he fought the blob thing. He also saw Sylvia, the one who cussed a lot. Two he did not recognize... well, one of them he did. He had been in hiding for a long time. Longer than he even realized. Twenty years now, hiding  from being put in Stasis. That person... he somewhat recognized. If she was part of security, she would've been looking for him, a stasis escapee would probably be on her list after all. But he could not be sure. His memory was as shot as a large target. The other person he knew well.

"Livvy? Iss that you? It'ss me, Dragonfly..." He said, his reptilian void echoing around the area in a way that would make it very hard, but not impossible, to determine his exact location. "Dont sshoot. I'm a friendly." He said, not moving yet. He wanted confirmation of his safety before making any movement.

Nobody

Ryan was suddenly grabbed by the arm and swiftly yanked to the side, out of the way of the bullets with irresistible force. Ryan was thrown behind cover unscathed. The traitor would be caught. It knew this, so no use in letting another die to their hands. It slammed Ryan against the cover he chose by the shoulders and stared him in the eyes. And what looked back at him was his reflection. The spitting image of Ryan himself, except he was more untidy, more grubbily dressed, and all around less hygienic in general, but the similarity was there, and unmistakable.

"Look at yourself." He said, dropping Ryan. "Trying to end yourself up a dead man over a guitar. Tell me, can you buy a life?" he said, stepping back, and looking at Ryan once again. "Because I think a lot of people would be spending a lot of money if you could. I also dont think a guitar is a suitable trade." Nobody continued. "I see you on two paths, Ryan, please. Dont do either. Dont follow the Traitor. They WILL be caught. But not now, and not yet. I dont want anyone else dead by his hand, not until their time comes." he said, taking another step back. "And Johnny will do you no goo either."

He stopped talking for a minute, looking at his hand and arm for a moment. "So this is what we'd look like, if we werent metas..." he said absentmindedly, giving Ryan a chance to voice his argument. He needed to make Ryan see his side of the argument and join it willingly. He couldnt force him to. That would get them no where. "Do you know who I am, Ryan?"
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 4:40 am

Spoiler:

Taylor, Claire, and Carole

There indeed was someone in the rubble. There was a disturbance on one of the first-floor rooms which the rubble from the explosion had crashed on. Taylor, now that part of the dome had dissipated, could now make out something moving. She turned her head to see Crystal, Drake, and Lily arrive, but kept turning back towards the rubble. When Crystal rushed off to heal Nick, the rubble pile began to move more, until a wooden closet door went flying ten feet into the air. Taylor gasped, and tapped Jake on the shoulder as the the wounded, broken form of Claire Sparks crawled out of the wreckage.

Claire had seen better days. Her skin was still covered in patches of red burns, and her clothes were torn to shreds. She had obviously passed out on the floor of her room the night before when that mysterious stranger had found her. Her hair was sticking up like the backside of an agitated porcupine. Her eyes hung haggard and tired, and she walked with a limp, as her right ankle had been broken in the collapse of the rubble. A closet door from up above had miraculously protected her from a good bit of the fallen rubble. In her right hand was a Macy's clothes box that jingled like it was filled with chains, and behind her she dragged the most ominous of things; the body of a girl. Claire limped over to the titanium dome, dropped the Macy's box, which made a loud "clink!" as it hit the ground, and mumbled the word "Crystal." Then Claire's raggedy head slowly began to sag. She slumped against the dome, and passed out. Her body slid to the ground and landed in a heap at the base of the dome. She was still alive, but barely. Taylor ran over to Claire, and, catching sight of the body, she screamed.

Laying next to Claire was the lifeless corpse of Carolina Elias. Her caramel skin was dusted with soot, and her hair was filled with dust and gypsum. it lay around her head like a black crown. Her face was caked with blood, and her eyes, still open, stared blankly at the cloudless blue sky. Her clothes were badly torn, and the corner of her purple dress was still smoking; Taylor bought her that dress. Carole's injuries were unsurvivable. Every rib on her right side had been shattered in the explosion, and her chest cavity had collapsed. A massive wound, still bleeding, was gashed across the front of Carole's left calf, taking a chunk out of her tibia. Both of her kneecaps were broken, and so was every bone in her left arm, as it had been crushed by a refrigerator. Both of Carole's eardrums had bursted in the blast, and the shockwave had liquefied a few of her internal organs. She had no chance.

Taylor was frozen, half-crouched towards the ground with her eyes transfixed on Carole's. Her breath caught fast in her throat, and she began to feel cold; colder than she had ever been in her life. Any water nearby froze instantly, and a private group of storm clouds appeared hovering over the group. It began to rain. The water froze as it hit the titanium dome, causing a cascade of beautiful icicles taunting Taylor's pain. She let out a raspy breath, Taylor did, and inhaled just as sharply. Not that it was needed anymore; there seemed to be no point in Taylor breathing anymore. Her best friend was dead. Taylor didn't move a muscle for the longest time, she didn't even cry. All she could do is crouch there frozen in shock. Claire's eyes began to flutter as she attempted to spark back to life, but all she could manage was two words that seemed to mean nothing anymore;

"I'm sorry".

Ryan

Ryan was thrown out of the trajectory of the bullets and found himself staring at...himself. At first, Ryan thought that he was hallucinating, but then he realized that telepaths couldn't hallucinate. Maybe he had been fatally shot and was watching himself die, but that wouldn't explain the clothing change. What your soul looks like, maybe? No. I don't believe in any of that sh*t. I'm not dead quite yet, though if I do that again I'm going to be.

"In my defense it was an extremely expensive guitar." Ryan quipped, before continuing "Wait, so...are you me, or are you a shapeshifter or something? I can't get a read on you..." This was true. Whether it be from physical exertion or some mysterious quality of Nobody's, Ryan could not read his mind for the life of him. "Don't talk to me about Johnny!" he continued, angry now "That fool is haughty and much too prideful. He treats this entire school like it's his kingdom, and that woman over there he treats like his personal prostitute. I won't stand for that kind of behavior! People like Johnny are not the kind of people who should be leading this community!"
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Things were starting to get...

Overwhelming.

People dragging themselves out, covered in horrible wounds, being lucky to be alive. And people coming out with dead bodies... Something that they aren't prepared for. The situation was particularly stressful for Drake. He didn't know what emotions he was feeling right now. He reared his head and put his hands on the side of his head. As the rain above them dropped, his plasma form vaporized any rain that got near him, before it even got a chance to touch him. The plasma around his being faded a a bit, as it cooled down as he slowly reverted out of his plasma form. "My god..." He muttered under his breath. No matter what he's been through before, Drake wasn't prepared for this. Nor will he ever really get used to it. Once again the horror of school, and all of his actions, were starting to weigh down on him. Because, in the end, he's just some athletic kid that got dragged into all of this because of his so called "thunder-god power." All he wants more is to head back to his old life, which he was bored of. Yeah, that's much  better than the emotional wounds he was building up here.

All Lily wanted to do too was run. But it was a cold hard fact that there was no where to run. They were trapped here - And the only place they really called shelter was up in flames. Things were looking especially grim for Lily. But she didn't collapse - Or tried really hard not to. There was one and only leader of the group, and her name is Carmen Brenna Santo. She needed to lead the group around, like she should... But the only problem was that the panic creeping up on her made it difficult for her to make decisions. "Okay, guys, let's..." Lily spoke, looking up at the burning building. There were people inside... But she just wasn't sure anymore whether it was worth it or not. For all they know, the only people left in there could be dead bodies... Or more traps.  

But, soon enough, Drake's eyes lit up with a new found determination - Once he realized something that his father told him. Drake was told that his days of being a child will be over soon enough, and he will become "something" more. The only way to learn is to experience pain, hardship, and challenges. In the end; he finally realized that the days of him being some athletic are over. Now, he's something more; a reluctant hero. He doubted if he was really cut out for it, but he just has to. Drake reverted out of his plasma-form, the plasma faded away, and his body cooled down. Accelerated by the rain. He just let the frozen raindrops hit him. With a mild amount of pain. His body returned to it's usual form - Or more accurately; human form. He looked around... Claire could use a bit of help, but Crystal was focused on Nick. Drake wasn't just going to stand here and wait.

Taking quick steps, Drake turned his attention to Crystal and walked over to her. He quickly yanked off the glove. "... Need to borrow your magic for a second." He leaned in and tapped her neck, thus copying her ability. On Drake's hand, and Crystal's neck; their nervous systems were illuminated through their skin with a light-green electricity like light, before it faded in seconds. Which triggered his transformation. A dim, white light encompassed his being, it had a hexagon texture. Drake had the abilities of Crystal, and could do pretty much anything she could do. He discarded his lizard-form from Dragonfly, and replaced it with psionics. Drake nodded his head as he took a step back, turning his body, and walked over to the unconscious Claire. She's banged up, she could use a hero. Then he hit a road-block... He has no clue how to use Crystal's ability, and knows fuckall about healing. Only how it really works, and what she can do. Figures... He thought to himself, annoyed. "Crystal. I need a quick healing tutorial, now." Drake spoke to Crystal, hoping that she'd tell him how to heal.

Jake Vin Valos.

Spoiler:

"Carole!" Jake shouted, voice cracking, upon laying eyes upon his dead friend. He had no idea how she died - But still felt like sh*t about it. The illusion he had created disappeared, since his concentration was broken, it was dispelled. There was literally nothing protecting the group should something attack. Jake ran over to the dead Carole, ignoring Claire completely. Because screw Claire. She's just some out of control kid who throws temper tantrums for stupid reasons just because she has a power. Not worthy of Jake's fear nor attention. He dropped to his knees, knelling over Carole. Ignoring the screaming pain of his wounds. He couldn't believe another girl in his life is dead. Just like that. He had no idea where she was the whole time... But.... If only she was with them, she would be alive. Yeah that's it. Tears started running down his face, as he grabbed Carole's broken body by the shoulders and stared at her face. Jake was too awe-struck to really think about what he was doing.

As an inadvertent activation of his power, Jake's body started turning transparent. Slowly turning invisible. He wouldn't realize this until he was told of it.

Lin Chai Kentt.

The wounds that Lin had sustained were healed by Crystal. The pain had faded away, and fortunately, it seemed like nothing got stuck inside when she was healed (Which would be bad). She stood straight up to try to get a grasp on the situation. Only to get just as overwhelmed as everyone else. Her face turned to a heavily worried frown as she bit her lower lip. Lin was reading the minds of everyone around her, accessing their thoughts and how they really felt. Everyone was sad, scared, injured or overwhelmed. Lin didn't need telepathy to find that out. However, Lin stopped when she felt a disturbance...

... She sensed something in the distance.

... Something malicious and inhuman.

Her head darted off in the direction of whatever she had sensed. Making her even more worried. Whether it was the Traitor or something else was unknown. "I do not wish to worry you all..." Lin spoke hesitantly, "But I believe there may be something lurking..."

Shade wrote:
"My name is Natasha. You may call me the Nightingale-it is what I'm known as at this school. I am the chief of security for the Othergrounds. I am mute. Giving you access to the armory, I am not sure of. I have not seen you all here before, which makes me wonder if you are here as mercenaries or not-however, if you were, I sense you would've tried to kill me by now. The school may not be running normally, but turning over heavy weaponry to children still seems somewhat irresponsible. What has been going on in the school? I was trapped here by a group of mercenaries and my camera access was shut down by the only one with the authority to do so. Same bastard took out my leg. It will heal soon, but until then I opted to bunker down here. I can't protect the school if the mercenaries get their hands on what we have in here. I fear, however, the rest of the school has many more bodies than I have here."

When the note was presented to them; Johnny pushed Sylvia readied arm down at the floor, away from the Nightingale. Sylvia frowned, turning her head to Johnny, before she nodded, and rested her hands at her side. It was a subtle way of saying "I got this." and that she didn't need to intervene. Johnny took steps towards the Nightingale, and grabbed her note. Slowly bringing it closer to his face (His eyes were on the Nightingale until then). His emotional-energy form gave off enough light for him to read it. Johnny read the note quietly, while he did so, Sylvia floated upwards and looked over his shoulder to read it too. So, this woman is the head-security lady... Funny, Johnny and his siblings stirred up quite a bit of trouble, and yet, they've never heard of her even in the slightest. You must be doing a pretty sh*t job if this place got banged up like it did.... Johnny thought to himself as he gave the Nightingale a narrow glare as he looked up at her.

It appears that she has not a clue of what's going on, or what happened. Johnny knew that they would have to convince her to let them into the armory. Since violence isn't on the agenda. Seems like the best way to accomplish that is to address her note, and tell her a few things. Before he spoke, he leaned closer to Sylvia. "Make sure she can't hear any of this." He wanted to say a few things that Livvy shouldn't hear.

Sylvia quickly diverted her attention to Livvy and focused on her. An aura of blurry air surrounded Livvy. Using her sound manipulation, Sylvia sort of made a "shield" around Livvy. No sound would reach Livvy for her to hear it, nor would anymore sound escape from Livvy. As long as Sylvia was focusing, this aura of  sound manipulation would remain, and Livvy would remain oblivious to whatever they're talking about.

After knowing that Livvy wouldn't hear any of this, then he finally spoke to the Nightingale, "Alright, Natasha," Johnny's tone was cordial, and he decided to call her Natasha. "I'll fill you in on a few things... Those soldier-boys didn't get everyone. There's a good handful of people, like me, who got away, or arrived here just after everything went ass-up.... And our illustrious headmaster left us behind to deal with all the problems he left behind.... There's a genocidal motherf*cker running around killing everyone stupid enough to be caught alone... I have no d*mn idea what he gets out of killing us; but I get the feeling he doesn't want us to leave here. It's my - Our, mission to put an end to him, before he wins.'"

Johnny nodded again, looking at Luce. He didn't know if Luce read the note or not. Just in case she didn't, he handed her the Nightingale's note so she can read it. If she can. Then he sighed and continued, "Plus, there's f*cking monsters running around, that the headmaster kept chained up, and made it our responsibility to fight. They've been getting out and going on rampages... Recently, a lot of them got out and attacked us in the Eye factory... We've managed to fight them off with success. But, one of them managed to kill someone I failed to protect...." He looked away, as his right eye glowed a light-blue color, his tone turned somber. Then his demeanor turned to a more angry one. There were plenty of things that he left out of the story, just in case. He was trying to play himself off as the sympathetic one. Instead of the heartless sociopath and seasoned killer he really is - Which no one in their right mind would really help. "Look more and more people are dying by the second, and we need what's in there. Because the gifts we already have just aren't going cut it and we need every god damn edge we can get our hands on. The mercenaries are long gone, something else is f*cking the place up and I don't think we can handle it on our own, Miss Natasha."

If the Nightingale still didn't let them in, they would have to take drastic measures. Because whether she wants them to or not, they're getting in there. Johnny knew that they had the advantage simply because they outnumbered her. All it took was one lightning fast attack... In the right place... And she'd be good as dead. However, they didn't know what she was packing in terms of ability - But, unless it was lightning fast reflexes, then Johnny and Sylvia had the definite advantage. "... And who has the authority to take out camera access for you?" Johnny just asked because he was curious, and wanted to distract himself from the dark thoughts he was having

TheOperator wrote:
"Livvy? Iss that you? It'ss me, Dragonfly..." He said, his reptilian void echoing around the area in a way that would make it very hard, but not impossible, to determine his exact location. "Dont sshoot. I'm a friendly."

When he heard Dragonfly's screech, Johnny wasted no time in addressing the threat. Demonstration lightning fast speed, Johnny turned his body towards the source and had both hands outstretched and making finger guns ready to fire. All in the blink of an eye, faster than the eye can comprehend. Sylvia didn't demonstrate such speed, but she outstretched her right arm and had her hands pointed, palms out, at the source. Ready to light the fuse.

"Lizard-man? Come out here this instant." Johnny ordered, his voice sounding intimidating. In truth, Johnny didn't like Dragonfly. While Dragonfly being the Traitor was highly unlikely, now that he thought about it, him being a threat is a whole different discussion. Because of Gabe, Dragonfly probably doesn't like the Valos. But, him attacking them wasn't what Johnny was concerned about... Johnny was worried that Dragonfly would run off to the surface and tell them that they're hitting up the armory. Which could lead to some tension between the Valos and the rest of the survivors. Or let the Traitor know that the Valos are getting a weapon's stash of their own. Either case could end badly.

Johnny had no problem with killing Dragonfly, and could easily do it. There's no way that Dragonfly, or the other animal-types could match Johnny's ruthlessness and skill - On top of his powerful ability. It'd be over before it even started. All they had to do was kill Dragonfly, and leave him down here. Then they'd be no Blackmore or anyone to find the body. For a moment, Johnny peered over his shoulder at the pile of dead soldiers.

The Traitor.

The fool who saved the other fool, who was making pursuit, was thrown out of the way of the bullets and getting a pep-talk. They seem to have forgotten about the Traitor, but the only thing currently on the agenda was leaving. So the Traitor pulled the pin of a flash bang and tossed it at them. It was thrown far enough so that it was out of reach, but close enough so that they'd be effected by it.

By the time the flash went away, the Traitor was gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)   Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By) - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Othergrounds: The IC Edition (Act 8: The Strangest Days have gone By)
Page 27 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next