Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

-Color: Veins of a New World-

Go down 
+4
Celo "The Moms"
Angelwolf99
Sairei
DerpaGlerp
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

-Color: Veins of a New World- Empty
PostSubject: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:37 am

Theme:

A small boy, about 3 feet, awoke on the dirt floor of the forest. It was night time. Many tall trees surrounded him. He had a horrible headache. The only things he remembered was his name, Steelio, and a vague image of a giant tan man, his skin torn, and sagging all over his body. It pained him to remember his face. On it was a morbid smile. He remembered the mans foot coming down onto Steelio's face, he remembered that perfectly, then it crushing his skull. Before he had awaken on the forest floor, he heard an echoing yell, "Nooooooooo!"

He sat up. He was curious about where he was. Steelio stood up and began walking. Though he didn't know where he was going. He looked around noticing a long, blue, serpent like creature. A curious smile spread across his face. He sat down next to it and waited for the serpent to awaken.

A young female human woke up in a pile of leaves. She sat up tired, and dazed. She looked around, it was rather hard to see. She noticed in her hands she had glasses, though the lenses were broken. She scratched her head, trying to remember what happened. She remembered her name, Bri, and that before she was in the forest, she was in some sort of spaceship, falling down onto a planet. The part she remembered clearly was when the ship crashed. Hundreds of explosions filled the ship. She was jostled forward and the last thing she remembered was smashing her head against the cold ice. Along with Steelio, she had a terrible headache as well.

Her blonde hair was bloodstained although she didn't feel any pain, nor were there any wounds. She decided not to stand up, and instead, just rest.

Last edited by Glerp on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:51 am

Faez was dreaming, curled up and nestled in the leaves, which served as a makeshift nest. What he was dreaming about was unclear, which unsettled him. With a twitch, his eyes opened, and he raised his head. The spiral designs on his body emitted a soft blue glow in the darkness of the night. He gave the forest around him a wide-eyed stare, not yet noticing the small humanoid next to him.

Where am I? Faez thought to himself, gazing up at the night sky. As a breeze whispered through the trees, he began to feel uncomfortable. His ears went back in distress. Who am I? I don't know who I am! I don't know who I- Wait yes I do...

He grinned inwardly, slightly pleased that he knew his own name. He hummed softly, turning his attention back to his surroundings.

Then he noticed the small humanoid sitting next to him.
Faez blinked.
"Hi," he said, for the lack of anything better to say.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:07 am

Steelio responded with a blank expression at first but then said smiling, "Uh, hi." He stood up, "What's your name? Mine is Steelio." He skipped backwards, put his hands behind his back and swayed.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:13 am

Raik clawed at his brother's paw, not even caring anymore if he hurt him.  He caught- slipped.
He wasn't sure what was happening.  It was a blur, the snow from the cliff above falling around him.  He was dimly aware of his brother's scream as he fell too, and the ground rapidly approaching-

Raik awoke with a start, his pale green eyes flying wide open.  Wh-where was he?  He remembered his name, but nothing else.  He got to his feet, dismissing the odd memory as a bad dream, and looked around.  There was another canine shape next to him.  He walked over cautiously and sniffed at it.

And then he remembered.

"Kairn!" He barked loudly into his brother's ear, "Kairn get up!"

--------------------

Kairn was dimly aware of a sound.  Slowly, he awoke, but he didn't open his eyes.  Someone was yapping straight into his ear, which didn't help his headache.  He grumbled something unintelligible even to himself before rolling over onto his stomach.
What was going on?  He couldn't remember...
Kairn.  That was his name.  And the voice that had now worriedly gone quiet belonged to-
He opened his eyes.

Raik.  His brother.  He remembered little else, but at least he had family with him.  He groaned, squinting at the light around them.  He had no idea where they were.  "Raik..." he mumbled, then cleared his throat, "what's going on?"

Last edited by angelwolf99 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:15 am

"I'm Faez," stated the blue fraethre candidly as he stood up. "Do you know where we are?"

He thought the place was rather pretty, and was appreciative of the trees for some odd reason. He tried to remember how he'd gotten here.

He reached back into his memory and drew forth- nothing. He could not remember a single thing.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:17 am

Safina woke up laying against a old oak tree in the forest. Her eyes were green from crying, but she wasn't sure why. There were places on her white dress that were singed, as if they had at some point been held against an open flame. Safina looked around, unsure of where she was. She knew her name was Safina, she was a Dryad, and... And... And what?

Safina looked at her hands. Light green to the point where they were almost white, just as she knew they would be.  She remembered a fire... In a forest much different then the one she was currently in. She was running, just running. The smoke was choking her, making her lungs burn and stinging her eyes, making the path in front of her distorted. A tree fell in front of her, fire rising from the branches. She was surrounded with flames, then... Nothing?

Safina stood up and looked at te night sky through the branches, confused as of how she was still alive- or if she was alive, at that matter. She should be dead, shouldn't she?  Safina shrugged.  It was best not to ask if a good thing happens to you. She let her feet feel the cool dirt beneath her. So many nutrients were in the soil. It felt good to her. Safina smiled as she began walking through the woods in the dark, looking at the different plants in the area. She hummed a tune that was just thought up in her head. Safina couldn't remember any songs- she wasn't sure why- so she just decided to invent one and see how long she could keep a tune going. It made sense and was a small form of entertainment when alone.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:44 am

Raik shrugged. "I remember falling," he said helpfully, causing Kairn to shake his head sadly.

"I do too," he said, "but that doesn't really help us now, does it?"
Kairn got to his feet, allowing his canine instincts to take over. Wherever they were, they needed food, water, and shelter. And it wouldn't be bad to find other people too, if they could. The simplest way to start was to follow your nose. And so he did.

"Follow me," he calmly ordered his brother. He didn't have to look back to know that Raik was right behind him. And so he followed the scent, unsure where they were going. But it had to be better than where they were.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:03 am

Ilene was invigorated by blood in the air as she sliced cut down one foe after another. That's when a glowing white figure appeared, and the last thing she saw was blinding light. The next thing she knew she was laying face up on the ground, moonlight drifted through the trees over head. She scratched her head What was that about... where am I? Ilene had an endless list of questions, but no answers. "Huh, at least I still know my name" she said aloud. "I wonder if there's anyone else around."

Ilene started to scan her environment. Trees, trees, tress, and more trees. Oh wait whats that? Something large and blue caught her attention, it appeared to be a reptile of sorts. Next to it was a boy, for some reason she didn't consider this to be odd at all. She started off towards them without a second thought.

Last edited by Veriska on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:53 am

Raik kept alert, or, more accurately, curious, as he followed his brother.  How did he know they were brothers anyway?  He didn't know.  It was strange...

He noticed something ahead of them, other than the trees, and perked up.  He was about to mention it to his brother when he realized that Kairn had stopped walking.  And he hadn't.  He bumped lightly into Kairn, then took his place at the side. There were two very different creatures who seemed to be talking, and another somewhat behind them. He thought they looked lonely.

Kairn looked at Raik.  "Be very quiet, I'm not sure wha-"
"Hello!"

Kairn growled under his breath, but didn't make a move to escape as Raik loudly greeted the beings in front of them.

Last edited by angelwolf99 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 6:48 am

Steelio said bluntly, "Were in a forest, that part I know." His little voice suited his petite body.

His mind was jumbled. For some reason, he kept thinking his name was Fear. I'm not Fear, I'm Steelio. A scrambled voice with terrible grammar spoke back to him in his head. No, you am is that the being be off of Fear. He did a mental pout and responded with, Fear is scary and bad, I'm not Fear.

Bri sat up, looking around. She heard someone say, "Hello." Someone was nearby. She stood up. Her legs felt terrible, everything hurt, though there were no wounds. She stumbled a bit but made her way through the forest. She peeked out from behind a tree, seeing the group.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Gwyneth woke up with a start, her pulse racing, and her breath short and quick. Her entire body trembled, as though she had been frightened by a horrible nightmare that she couldn't recall. She couldn't remember it, but she had the terrible feeling that she should, that it was something of extreme importance. There was a hole, an emptiness that she felt in her heart, but she didn't know why it was there. In fact, she couldn't remember anything at all. With this realization, she immediately tried to stand up, expecting her legs to work, only to find that they weakly crumbled beneath her. She attempted this several times, and realized with despair that she could not walk. She lifted her long neck and looked around, finding herself in a forest that was not even remotely familiar. Gwyneth then looked up at the sky, and strained, trying to become airborne, and finding that she could not even remember how such a thing was achieved. She had forgotten to fly, a dragon whose legs were useless, and was grounded, as well.

Without her legs, and the memory of levitation, she was stuck using the only form of locomotion possible. She was forced to slither along the ground, tucking in her legs and moving like a gigantic snake that had more in common with a bird in appearance than an actual reptile. She could move relatively fast this way, but depression still gnawed at her being, would she ever fly again? Would she even be able to walk? Why couldn't she remember anything? Everything that happened before she awoke was completely blank. Looking completely hopeless, she slowly crawled along her belly, seemingly on the edge of bursting into tears. She continually choked on the lump that had formed in her throat.

"Is anyone out there?!" She called, her voice wavering, before fading into sobs.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Viperaunion wrote:
"Is anyone out there?!" She called, her voice wavering, before fading into sobs.

Safina stopped humming when she heard a voice. Someone sounded sad. She felt the need to help the owner of the voice calling to her. Safina followed the sound of the sobs, ducking behind a tree so that she was close enough to see the owner of the voice without being seen.

It was a small dragoness that was slithering through the ground. Safina watched it for a few moments, hesitating before stepping out from behind the tree and towards the dragon. It seemed scared and sad so she should help it. Safina walked up to the dragoness and smiled. "Don't be sad- if you need some help I'm right here. I don't know how I can help but I'll try," she tried to keep her voice as friendly as possible. Safina for some reason didn't find seeing a dragon strange to see- maybe it was because they were both species thought to be mythical, or maybe it was because Safina thought seeing a dragon is normal since she didnt have any memory stating otherwise.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Gwyneth looked up, blinking through tears, "I don't remember. I woke up here, and I've forgotten everything, I can't levitate. Why can't I remember anything? Where am I?" She sobbed, raising the upper portion of her body using her muscular form, so that she was balanced like a snake. She used her front talons, and seemed to unknowingly use gestures when she talked. She eventually took a breath though, and composed herself, lowering her head so that she could wipe her tears, "I'm sorry," She apologized, even though she didn't really have a reason to do so. "I just don't know what happened. I just woke up here, and I can't hardly recall anything at all. I don't remember how to use my magic, and I can't fly or even walk without it."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Safina looked at the dragon. Poor thing was scared half to death. "No need to apologize. In truth, I don't know where we are either," Safina smiled. "The only thing I remember is a fire. I thought I was supposed to be dead. I honestly don't remember if I could even use any magic. I guess we can try to get our memories together." Safina placed a hand on a tree, examining the tree bark on it. "I've been trying to look at the bright side- there's lots of vegetation here, so lots of food. And we're alive, right? So that's some good. I do wish I remembered some songs, though," Safina sat down next to the dragoness. "Oh, and my names Safina. Just remember it as Sah then fin like a fish then uh!" Safina frowned, "that probably just made it more complicated, though. I think I just confused myself."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:27 pm

The dragoness nodded, mustering up a smile, despite her inner turmoil, "Hopefully we'll remember something, later. I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one here. My name is Gwyneth, by the way, I remembered that much, at least." She raised her head and looked around, much calmer and relaxed than before. It was comforting not to be alone in a strange place. "The last thing I remember, was crying, and feeling as though something precious was lost. It's even more important than my magic, but I don't know what." She looked back at Safina, "So, should we maybe explore, a bit? I really don't want to be alone here again." Her eyes whirled with a touch of anxiety at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Faez turned away from Steelio at the sound of footsteps and voices. To his delight, fluffy shapes stood at the edge of the small clearing he was sitting in. One of them had said hello.

Unconsciously, a huge grin grew on Faez's face. They were so cuuuute!

"Hai!" he said happily, bounding over. Out spilled a million questions. "Who are you? What are you? Is this your forest? Can I touch your fur? You look so soft..."

It did not occur to him that his larger size could be intimidating, and his hasty approach was most unorthodox.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Raik took a step back, somewhat intimidated for a moment. Then he realized that the large blue creature was, in fact, very friendly. He grinned back, "I'm Raik, and this is-"

He was interrupted by his brother giving him a stern look, though the expression was near invisible to everyone else. Raik lowered his head slightly and let Kairn take over.

Kairn cleared his throat, raising his head so that he was closer to eye level with the newcomer.
"I am Kairn," he stated simply, "we are arien wolves."

He narrowed his eyes the tiniest bit, causing Raik to dip his head even lower, "And who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:52 pm

"I'm Faez," replied the fraethre, as he sat back on his haunches. His tail curled around his forelegs, behind his body, and flared up his back. This made him seem as if he had a pair of very runty wings.

"What are arien wolves?" he asked curiously, cocking his head to one side.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:54 pm

Safina smiled and nodded at Gwyneth, "sounds good! I won't leave you by yourself." she jumped up and landed on her feet. The dirt on the ground felt so good to her for some reason. Safina looked around, "So where would you like to look first?" Safina waved her right hand out in all directions, a way of pointing to the world around her. "we could see if there are others around, or look for some food, or.... yeah."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Raik sat down in front of Faez, back to grinning. Kairn, seeming resigned to let him take over, still refused to sit.

"Well, we're wolves that-" Raik's tail stopped wagging and his ears lowered.
"I-I don't remember..."

Kairn, to Raik at least, seemed genuinely worried about that lack of information, but didn't say anything, letting Raik continue.

"It must not be important," Raik said, smiling again, "if I can't remember. Oh I have a question, though. Any idea where we are?"
Raik winked at his brother, feeling very responsible for remembering to ask that. He didn't notice when Kairn sighed.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:07 pm

"Nope. I thought this was your forest," Faez said.

He gazed about him once more, taking in the foliage and the night sky.

"...I like the trees
."
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:28 pm

The purple fox awoke. It was laying on the ground, somewhere in a forest, someplace she's never been in before, or at least she couldn't remember being here in the past. She couldn't remember much of anything, actually. She stood up, and shook off some leaves. She racked her brain to try to remember, well, anything. She had a vague memory of this crazy cyborg avian ranting on about getting revenge on a crystal and finally killing off the dragon race. Then there were these rockets that came toward her. There was an explosion, then everything went dark. The only other thing she could remember was her name.

Flower.

Flower thought she heard voices. She followed them until she found a clearing. There she saw a very upset dragon talking to what looked like an elf. She went behind a tree, hoping that neither of them noticed yet, though she was pretty sure she had stepped on quite a bit of leaves and twigs on her way here...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Despite being a dragoness, Gwyneth did not entirely look like one might expect. Her body was covered in feathers, rather than scales, and the shape of her skull suggested a horse. This made it much easier to read her body language, however, and also made her look much less intimidating as a whole. Her ears pricked up and swiveled, before she turned to look at the sound, her ears facing towards it. "What was that?" She asked. Her hearing and sense of smell was naturally more acute than most humanoids, though it wasn't anything fancy. "Is someone there?" She asked, lowering her head back to the ground in order to slither quickly, if needed.

"Safina, did you hear something, I thought I heard some twigs snap over in that direction." She asked, one ear pricking towards the Dryad to listen for an answer. One could be fascinated by those ears, the way they moved independently of one another.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Safina was looking in the direction of the sound also. She nodded in response to Gwyneth's question, "I think so." Safina wasn't thinking that there were any dangers in the current area- she figured that if whatever was nearby wanted to attack, it would have already done so. It could be some friendly creature to socialize with. At the thought Safina smiled, turning to Gwyneth.

"We should go check it out- there could be someone here who could help us with our memories. I mean, I'm curious right now about just what made the sound, aren't you?" Safina's face was lit up with excitement as curiosity took control of her. She didn't wait for the dragon to reply as she began walking to the direction of where the sound had come from, talking with a calming voice, "Can you please come here if you understand what I'm saying? I think you could help us."

Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Flower peered out around the tree she was hiding behind. Ok, so they do know I'm here... She was curious about these creatures. She had wanted to ask what this place was, but based on what the elf had said, she didn't think they knew anymore than she did. She was hesitant to come out of her hiding spot, but...

They seem friendly enough... And what choice do I have. I don't think I can survive on my own.

She walked up to the elf. "Y-Yes, I can understand you. My n-name is Flower what is yours?" Her voice seemed a bit shaky, since she was nervous. Really nervous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- Empty

Back to top Go down

-Color: Veins of a New World-
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next