Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

-Color: Veins of a New World-

Go down 
+9
True Night
FlowerFox
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Celo "The Moms"
Maxx
The Stalker of Shadows
Derkal
DerpaGlerp
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

-Color: Veins of a New World- Empty
PostSubject: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:59 pm

“The afterlife is rumored to be a peaceful place according to the occupants of Earth. Although many humans remain skeptical about the topic of afterlife, there are also many believers. These believers make stories and stories evolve into religion. Though no one truly knows what lies beyond death. All they can do is wait to see what happens when they die.”

-Anonymous

A tall being sat at the other end of the table, a very heavily armored being. Under his spiked helmet, he frowned as he was becoming angered from having to wait for the signing to start.

Another being sat next to him, his sister. She was fairly grumpy as well.

For the first time in a very long while, beings besides Destroyers were in the cold, dark meeting room.

Hatred walked in with a long contract. He treaded down the aisle with a stern expression.

The tall being smiled, “Ah, finally. Now we can get to business.” He stood up and took out a pen.

Hatred said in his usual voice, “Signing this contract will benefit both of our empires. Out with the old way of life, in with the new efficient daily doings. As you adopt our resurrection ways, we adopt your rules, and ranking system.”

The tall being said politely, yet mischievously, “Of course, Hatred.” He then signed his signature in red blood. “Off to a brand new world.”

Hatred remained serious, “Yes, a new world.”

The Afterlife Program, otherwise known as the Secondian realm, it is a world of reconstructed lives, a realm of second chance, and now a dimension of crumbling hope. Throughout the years of disagreement, a civil war has been raging through their land. One side wants to convert their traditional systems to more advanced ways of society, using the Destroyer’s way of afterlife, while the other doesn’t agree with their change. Many people despise the Destroyers for their progressing conquest of the Secondian Realm. This war has left many people without homes or food. The situation worsens with each death in other universes, for every time someone dies in a foreign realm, they spawn in a random location near civilization with no recollection of their previous life.

Hello everyone, and welcome to Color: Veins of a New World! I really want to start a new RP, since I’m slowly losing interest in Color: The Return. I still plan on working on The Return, but this one really interests me.

So basically in this RP, it’s a civil war in the afterlife. There are two sides; one wants the Afterlife Program to become controlled by the Destroyers, whom have a very technologically advanced society, while the other side wants to keep their traditional spiritual and magical ways of life.

This RP takes place 115 years after the events of Color: The Return. So yes, it is a sequel to an unfinished RP.

To start it off, your character will wake up in a forest, with no memories of their past life. They eventually get them back, but only with my permission. No weapons or equipment is brought with them to the afterlife. No powers either, your character will get that later in the RP. All they remember is their name, and gender, and other obvious things. They also get their skills back eventually.

-Rules-

-I want everything to be literate as possible, with good grammar, and good spelling.
-No powerplaying, godmodding, etc. You know the drill.
-Use common sense and don’t be stupid.
-No trolling, flaming, raging, being stupid, etc.
-If you really want to join this RP, I want you to post often.
-I want people to be patient for the slow posters. (like me) It's one of my pet peeves when someone posts while I'm writing one.

-Character Sheet Rubric-

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Skills:
Other:

-Characters-

Glict (GM)

Steelio
Bri

Sairei (Co-GM)

Faez

Darkel (Co-GM)

Angelwolf (Mod)

Raik
Kairn

Veriska

Ilene

Maxx

Goren
Q

ViperiaUnion

Gwyneth

---

I'm only accepting Darkel's character right now. Just have to wait for him to post one.

Last edited by Glict on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:38 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:26 am

I will likely join this when I get the time. I have ideas for a new character.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:54 am

Do you need to know anything from Color?
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:21 am

The Silent Wisperer wrote:
Do you need to know anything from Color?

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:13 am

Name: Brother Goren

Species: human

Appearance: Brother Goren is a tall, mysterious figure, being about six feet tall with a rather fatty build. His skin is an even-toned caucasian, though it is rarely seen due to his outfit. Brother Goren always wears a long brown hooded robe which casts a thick black shadow over his face so that it cannot be seen. In his death, Brother Goren's robes were blessed, causing a gold trim to appear around the edges of his robe. On the back of his robe is the visage of a pair of gold angel wings (he doesn't actually have wings, there's just an image on them on his robe). On his feet he wears a simple pair of brown leather sandals. His hands are bare, revealing his fat, stubby fingers. Around his neck is a necklace which holds a circular relic from St.Martin of Tours. If Brother Goren does remove his hood (and he occasionally does), he has a rather fat head. He is completely bald to the point where his head actually shines a bit, as if it were buffed. He is rather baby-faced, with fat cheeks and a kind smile, as well as kind sparkling blue eyes. He is always clean-shaven. Brother Goren walks with a simple straight wooden cane, which he does due to arthritis in his knees, though he can walk without it. On his right ring finger is a platinum ring with a circular seal which has a gold Greek cross on it. This is the only piece of expensive jewelry that he owns.  

Personality: Despite his menacing appearance when he has his hood up, Brother Goren is a very kind and charitable individual. He is a peaceful fellow and is devoutly religious. He is often called holy by his peers. He is a very giving fellow, the kind who if he were sitting at a table eating a piece of bread and he saw a hungry little boy in the street, he would give the boy his meal. He is a very humble man, living a very simple life despite the fact that his charitableness in his life gave him many riches in the afterlife. He gave all of his inherited riches to the poor in the land. Brother Goren, however, is not a perfect individual. He is a very stubborn man, and will rarely ever give into someone else's will. He curses a lot as well, though never takes the Lord's name in vain, as the tenants of his religion say so. Though he does not remember why, Brother Goren lives by the tenants of the Order of the Black Monks, and is absolutely 100% unable to break their rules no matter how hard he tries. He simply cannot do it. This means that Goren cannot accept any money for any service which he performs, he cannot look at a woman with lust or sexual love in mind, he cannot wound another living thing unless he or a person who is injured and cannot fight is attacked, and he must try all attempt to dissuade his opponents from attacking before killing. If Brother Goren kills any opponent (I seriously doubt it ill ever happen), he will compulsively begin to anoint their body with burial oils and bury them.

Skills: Brother Goren is an excellent doctor, and can make powerful elixirs and tonics that can heal all sorts of ailments out of simple herbs. Though he does not remember where he learned them or how, Brother Goren has his potion recipes memorized word for word, and cannot forget them. Goren also has many different prayers memorized, though (once more) he doesn't know how or why. Brother Goren is also a very good singer. However, his actual powers revolve around his devotion to God. Brother Goren can heal wounds by placing his hands on them and saying a special prayer. Offensively, however, Brother Goren has an interesting ability. So long as he never breaks his vows to the Order of the Black Monks, whenever Brother Goren is attacked, he can call down angelic warrior to protect him. The angels are extremely skilled swordsmen and are very damage-resistant, making it very difficult to defeat them (though it is possible). Once the threat is neutralized, the angel disappears.

Other:
Spoiler:

So one quesiton; can you die in this rp? Because if we're all already dead, how do we kill what's already dead?

Last edited by The 15th Toron on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:59 pm

I would like to join. It may be a couple days before I get a character sheet up though :3
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 6:29 pm

The 14th Toron wrote:
So one quesiton; can you die in this rp? Because if we're all already dead, how do we kill what's already dead?

You can't die of age or disease in the afterlife. The only way to die is to be murdered. Once you die in the afterlife, you go back to the real world. What your reborn as depends on what choices you made in the afterlife.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:30 pm

I am curious about joining this, since several of my friends are, but in regards to species, are we allowed to just make humans and humanoids, or are certain mythical creatures allowed? I want to know before I try to make a sheet for this.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:48 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
I am curious about joining this, since several of my friends are, but in regards to species, are we allowed to just make humans and humanoids, or are certain mythical creatures allowed? I want to know before I try to make a sheet for this.

Anything that can die and would be allowed.

@Maxx - Yeah, they're accepted.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:17 am

Okay. What about the Altris on Color?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Then I'm making a dragon, my all-time favorite mythical creature. You can be sure I won't go overkill with it, because it would have had to die in some sort of way to begin with, and I imagine it would be boring and too weak for the RP if I said old age or sickness.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:57 pm

*Wants to make character Slenderman*

*Has sheet with general crap, ready for adaptation to the character skelly*

*Cant because powers are null and void until they get them later.*
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:10 pm

I might join this...

I just need to make some character sheets...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:15 pm

I typically use dinosaurs for a reference when I make dragon characters, because they always seem larger than they actually are when you don't give an image of a dinosaur compared to a human (Maybe it's the length, though a good deal of it is the tail or neck). So, I am going to use measurements taken from this dinosaur here, and provide a size comparison. It's really not that big. The one I want to use is the second largest, the reddish-colored one.

-Color: Veins of a New World- 766px-Allosaurus_size_comparison.svg
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:25 pm

So she can make a dragon but I can't have a character with powers?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:27 pm

My character isn't going to remember how to fly or breathe fire when she wakes up, Maxx. She's going to be an eastern dragon, and the thickest part of her body is only one foot in diameter. She won't remember how to use magic, and because of that, she's going to be slithering around on her belly like a snake until she does, because the legs aren't really strong enough to lift her body so she can truly walk. I intend to balance it, and she isn't going to be exempt from the rule.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Yeah...the fact that you can't take possessions into the afterlife stinks, but at the same time, it makes sense, too.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 1:28 am

Lets all go naked!

Anyway, it's really unfortunate, because the character I was going to make was a version of Slenderman. Slenderman's signature abilities are teleportation, mind control, and power over darkness. So he's completely power based (As he cant move when you look at him, but he causes head aches and massive amounts of mental pain in order to make you look away)

Meaning that if you look at him he cant move. Once you look away he can. Kinda like SCP-173 in a way.

No face, and a Trench Coat/Tuxedo. Unfortunately, the tux/TC cant come. And he doesnt have anything he can do normally without powers.

I cant be myself. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:07 am

Well, here's my character. The personality section is a little odd, but I don't exactly know how to explain amnesia patients.

Name: Gwyneth
Species: Dragon

Appearance: Despite being a Dragon, Gwyneth is actually rather small compared to those found in legends, which were so large that their eyes alone surpassed the size of a human. In reality, her size is rather unimpressive. She is 32 feet in length, from nose to tail, although as an eastern dragon, her body is thinner and more serpentine. The thickest part of her body is about the size of a dinner plate, more approximately a foot in diameter. She has four bird-like legs, with five toes, each having four fingers, and then one thumb. The legs, despite their small size, have wickedly sharp claws, and are like an eagle’s in nature. Regardless, Gwyneth’s legs are too small compared to her body to support her weight while walking without some sort of magic, and as a result, she is often forced to slither like a snake on her belly. Her snout and skull overall is oddly shaped like that of a horse, the mouth being rather small, and while filled with sharp, serrated teeth that point inward, not likely to be used in a fight unless it is a last resort. Curved horns like a gazelle’s in shape and form sprout from the base of her skull, between delicate pointed ears that further reinforce her equine face. Gwyneth’s large, round eyes are a dark brown color that makes them look black and animal-like, although they have round pupils, like a human’s. Gwyneth’s entire body is covered in delicate, silvery-white feathers, except on her feet, and on her belly. Gwyneth’s feet are covered with silver scales that are very small and soft, hardly armor-like. The plates on Gwyneth’s belly are soft, and the same color as the scales on her feet, but when used for the sake of movement, can harden to a certain degree. Longer feathers run down her back, starting from the base of her skull, and ending in a tuft at her tail. Gwyneth’s horns and talons are ivory in color.

Personality: Having developed retrograde amnesia upon her death, Gwyneth has no memory whatsoever of whom she was. As a result, she spends much of her time with more questions than answers, and little phantom feelings of what she thinks is something she should remember, but can’t. Possibly because of the magical nature of the creature she is, she has a lot of issues about her person, because she also completely forgot the ability to fly, as well as how to utilize her fire breath. Because of this, she may doubt she ever had them in the first place, although it is a sad thought if she didn’t, because unless she knows how to magically levitate, she’s stuck slithering about the ground like a snake, with useless legs that can’t support her weight. Often she may become lost in thought, and will typically mutter under her breath without even realizing it. Regardless of these strange, irregular things, Gwyneth has a distinctly mother-like attitude towards most of the people she considers friends. She often needlessly worries when they become injured, and may irritate them with attempts to help. Overall, however, she is a kind-hearted person who genuinely cares about the well-being of those around her.

Skills: Gwyneth, as a magical dragon, has the ability to levitate inches above the ground, and fly swiftly in a constantly altering path that makes her a fast traveler, and difficult for enemies to hit with ammunition, or catch up to. Her reliance on magical levitation, in fact, is so great, that without it to decrease her weight, she is unable to stand on her legs properly, and must slither on the ground like a snake. Despite this, she is gifted with a muscular body, and just like a snake, can raise the upper portion of her body off the ground, and coil around things. She can also constrict enemies, if need be, although she was not really made to do such things, and it can be tiring. While her legs are rather weak in regards to carrying weight, her sharp talons can quickly tear through flesh, and they can muster enough force in their grip to crush bone. All four of her feet have the same dexterity as a hand. Having a rather small mouth, Gwyneth seldom bites in self-defense, however, this does not mean it is unreliable, as her powerful teeth point inward, and act as hooks that snare victims, making tearing free from her grip without injury all but impossible. Because she is capable of coiling up and then springing at her foes, Gwyneth can charge at them and gore them with her horns. Because she is a dragon, however, her greatest power is that she can breathe fire. This flame, in a concentrated stream, can melt through steel, although it can be spread out to hit more foes.

Other:
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 am

Dude, two of my three characters are wearing armor. I know he can't use his powers yet, but he can wear the suit I'm sure.

Also, note that all three of my characters have abilities that will be unlocked later that I didn't put on the sheet.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:12 am

Mine is going to lack a majority of the abilities I did put on the sheet. She might get another ability later, but I didn't put it on the sheet because I didn't want to risk her being OP and then getting rejected. I already have a backstory for her, too.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 4:35 am

Hey, I'm pretty sure I said they won't have much equipment with them when the RP first starts. So that means they won't have armor, just normal, uh, clothes I guess.

Also, I'm gonna get this started once Sar and Darky make a character sheet, and maybe Angelwolf too.

I should explain what I mean by the last line of the original post. -> "I'm accepting new characters at the moment, although I don't want a lot." Three characters Maxx? Two should be enough, man. I really, really want only one character for each RPer.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 4:39 am

Well, I'm fine with only having one character for this story. Tons of characters are good for mutant RP's, but in magical/technological wars, it gets a little confusing with multiple PC's I have to control. Besides, it'll really give me a chance to focus on character development of just one person.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:42 pm

The problem with the armor thing, glict, is that Altris cannot show his face or his entire secret is blown. There's a reason he wears that mask. He has a secret; a secret he will take even past the grave. If I'm not allowed to use even some sort of armor, then Altris cannot be in this roleplay. That mask is absolutely paramount.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:10 pm

I like the idea of having one character. Here's mine.

Name: Ilene

Species: Half Blood Fiend

Appearance: Ilene stands 5'7" and has a young petite form. She has a rounded face featuring a small nose, average mouth and large eyes almost completely sanguine in color. Her pointy ears protrude from her long stark white hair that ends halfway down her back. Her normal attire is a long red plaid dress shirt with a collar under a open necked long sleeved loose black shirt over top. A double layered black miniskirt completes her look. As far as shoes Ilene usually goes barefoot.

Personality: Ilene is quiet and guarded. Not because she's shy, but because she prefers to watch and listen. When she speaks it is with purpose, asking a question for example, or trying to persuade someone to her point of view. Those who refuse to cooperate she simply works around. However, Ilene makes personal enemies of those that make a habit of being a thorn in her side. Too much time without feeding will make her turn violent as well.

Skills: Unarmed combat and swordsmanship runs in her blood. She is also extremely perceptive, and adept at being strategic in combat. Her levels of speed and endurance are far beyond what can be achieved even with rigorous training. Ilene's feats of acrobatics and flexibility are greater that of a professional gymnast.

Powers/Abilities: Ilene can smell blood from miles away. Her demonic eyes pick up infrared and can see perfectly even in magical darkness. Like many demons she can communicate telepathically. She can also teleport to any source of spilled blood she is aware of. Finally Ilene can manifest her inner demon in the form of growing sharp teeth and claws.

Weapons: Ilene wields a powerful cursed katana that is bound to her even in death. She can summon this sword from any pool of blood. The sword is a nearly indestructible evil artifact that feeds on blood. It has a channel down the middle of the blade which accrues with blood from enemies. Alternatively the handle places the users thumb within reach of the double edged blade, so she can fill it herself. When the channel is full the sword glows red and unlocks it's dark power. The sword cuts through most everything like a hot knife through butter, and the wounds it inflects will not heal if there is an unobstructed path between it and the victim. The nature of the weapon also allows Ilene her block/reflect certain attacks.

Strengths: Ilene is immune to poison and disease, while highly resistant to acid and the elements. Her body requires no sustenance other than blood. She processes incredible physical strength and her wounds close quickly. Like with most demons it is dangerous to try and enter Ilene's mind. Lastly, her body is resilient to most forms of physical damage.

Weaknesses: Ilene is vulnerable to attacks involving holy power or cold iron. Wounds from these attacks are slower to heal as well. Blood is the source of her power and without it she thinks irrationally and overall is much weaker. Lastly Ilene has no form of ranged attack.

Last edited by Veriska on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:23 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next