Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

-Color: Veins of a New World-

Go down 
+9
True Night
FlowerFox
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Celo "The Moms"
Maxx
The Stalker of Shadows
Derkal
DerpaGlerp
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

-Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:43 am

Heck with it. I'm getting rid of Altris and Arthan in favor of another character that can abide by your rules Glict.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:06 am

The 14th Toron wrote:
Heck with it. I'm getting rid of Altris and Arthan in favor of another character that can abide by your rules Glict.

Thanks man. Smile

That's a nice character sheet Veriska. Accepted.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:42 am

Okay. I'm thinking of joining this. However I can't say that I'll be very active until the crap-ton of house guests my parents have over now leave in a few weeks. There are literally 18 adults at my house and all their children. So, yeah. As I type I have 3 of them standing over my shoulder asking me a ton of useless questions. My sanity is in question. So until I regain at least some reminant of it long enough to formulate a character I can actually tolerate thinking like I'm going to just use Exo then make a new character sheet and RP as both of them once I return to sanity.

And does biological regeneration count as a power even if its perfectly scientific and exists in nature? I ask because that changes how I'm going to say Exo would have died.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:54 am

Well, this story is going to be VERY fantasy like. You think you can handle it God-Mod? And if you're not going to be posting often...
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:12 am

I can take a high amount on the BS-o-meter. So long as its labeled as such. If all the characters don't have any memories anyway, Exo won't have any memory of all those facts and figures it memorized anyway so it won't have them as a constant reference sheet.

And I'll only be inactive as long as theres tons of people around. They'll be gone for the most part by the 18th - 20th.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:52 am

I really don't think Exo would fit in this RP. If you could use a different character?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:54 am

Rule Number One: EAUE: Emma always uses Exo.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:58 am

Well, if she wants to be in this RP, she should use a more fantasy like character. From what I know, Exo is fairly science fiction like.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:59 am

Why don't you use someone other than Exo for once, God-Mod?
Maybe you'll surprise yourself and come up with someone cool. :3

I'll be posting my character sheet here in a moment. I need to draw a picture first.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:01 am

Rule Number Two: EDDF: Emma Doesn't Do Fantasy. Science fiction can fit here. My character will be both sci fi and fantasy.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:02 am

Hooray, Sar is here!

Still, I think that Exo just won't fit here.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:06 am

Eh, you're probably right. This character is going to be SO cool. It's a combination of Irish folklore and futuristic technology. I'm almost done.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:16 am

Well now. Which song should be the theme for this RP? I want one with meaningful lyrics.

I like this one.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:24 am

Here we are. I hope that Q's artificial soul thing will really open some questions about the future of AIs.

Name: Q
Species: ???

Appearance: It is extremely difficult to describe Q's appearance, about as difficult as it is to pronounce his name. In his base form, Q resembles an Irish Will-o-wisp. He is about a foot tall, and is nearly weightless. He appears only as a blue head in a tongue of fire, with glowing white eyes like two burning coals. The problem is that Q doesn't always look like that. He sort of shifts and morphs, as if he's glitching in real life. This will be explained later.

Personality: Q is the Spock. He is cold, mechanical, and logical, without ever seeming to see any grey areas. You're always either right or wrong, no matter what or why. He never seems to show any sort of emotion towards any situation. His logic was flawless in his former life, but now he is starting to glitch- literally glitch, which is why his appearance is changing. Every once in a blue moon, Q will go into a period in which he will experience extreme bipolar tendencies. He can become extremely happy and cocky, or will become depressed and violent towards his surroundings.

Skills: In his past life, Q was the core of the first ever Mimic Drone; a military AI designed to be able to camouflage into any environment. It was a learning robot, designed to adapt to its surroundings through trial and error, so that it could disguise itself as any species. Somewhere along the way, the scientists who created the Mimic changed its core so that it could better adapt to different personalities. Through this process, Q was given conscience and free will. This caused him to form the first ever artificial soul. The scientists were baffled by this spontaneous creation, until Q was killed in the Thanatan war. His soul departed to the Secondian Realm, but because it is not a real soul, per-say, it glitches as the realm attempts to reject it. This is why Q only exists as a wisp, because his artificial body was rejected.

That said, Q has some abilities which he will eventually be able to use. He has the ability to teleport short distances, and can conduct massive amounts of electricity, allowing him to fry enemies. Also, Q has the ability to take over a non-biological host body (such as a robot or perhaps a suit of armor), and can control it as if it were his own body.  Q's primary weakness is water. If he is drenched, he core shuts down until he can repair the water damage to his core.

Other:
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:27 am

Name: Faez

Species: Fraethre (Fray-thray)

Appearance: -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 Faez_by_safyr3-d6gjjee
link to better picture: http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/300W/i/2013/215/6/6/faez_by_safyr3-d6gjjee.png

Personality: Faez is an adorable creature in both appearance and personality. He is as innocent as a butterfly on it's maiden flight. Despite this, he is not nearly as stupid as he can pretend to be. While he might not grasp the gravity of the given situation, the meaning of it will not escape him. He tends to be very observant, without making connections between given facts.
  Faez cares DEEPLY for others. He wants nothing more than to help everyone else be happy, and often asks how he can help to fix personal problems. When he is not playing the counselor role, he is a goofy kid. He likes to sing, dance, swing from trees, and play games.
  Because of his childlike personality, it is easy to upset Faez. He will never lash out violently, being somewhat of a pacifist, but it is very easy to make him cry. The upside to this is that he is also very forgiving.
  Faez would NEVER do anything against his moral code. He will not lie, steal, cheat, or harm anyone if he can help it.

Skills: Faez is an accomplished climber and swimmer. His species can be semi-aquatic, so swimming is second-nature. The same goes for tree climbing, as his kind generally reside in tropical jungles with trees hundreds of feet tall.
Faez has five sharp blades on his tailfin. These are laced with a poison, that, if not properly treated, will burn away flesh in a matter of hours. Faez also has the ability to turn completely invisible, due to his chameleon-like scales. (When frightened, he will turn a very, very pale blue.) He is extraordinarily good at sneaking around, being both silent and swift.
((I forgot to mention this and am editing it in now))
Faez can also dreamwalk. When asleep, he can intrude upon other people's dreams, perhaps to tell them something or to find out what their issue is so he can fix it. Lucid dreamers have an advantage here, as they will not so readily give out information.

Other: Faez loves cookies.

Last edited by Sairei on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:04 am

I'll try and think of someone else then if its a problem. And yeah, I do kind of always RP as Exo. Probably because its basically my alter ego, and is thus really easy for me to write as. I don't really have to think anything like 'okay so because this character is X, Y and Z, his/her response to that would have to be A, B, or C. But B sounds kinda awkward and C leaves far to much to the imagination where as A is painfully unspecific.

But my brain probably needs more exercise in the not thinking like a complete sociopath area, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:06 am

Consultant Timelord wrote:
But my brain probably needs more exercise in the not thinking like a complete sociopath area, so yeah.

Correct!
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:21 am

I love google images.
Look at what I just found.

-Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 Logo_faez_big
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:33 am

The 15th Toron wrote:
Consultant Timelord wrote:

Correct!

You're just jealous.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:33 am

Anyone want to help think of a theme for this RP?
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 6:14 am

Maxx I like your character, but I'm confused by it. If your character is a wisp then you don't have a core, nor a physical body that would be shutdown or require repairs.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:40 pm

This is true for normal wisps, but Q is no normal wisp. Because he's artificial, he needed to develop some sort of core so that he can sustain himself. Also, having a character that can blast lightning and is completely intangible seemed WAYYYY too overpowererd.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Well, since the RP is going to have a lot of magical base (And since I typically don't choose themes with lyrics), I took this song from Amethystium, it's called Nightfall. If it's not used as a theme for the RP, then it's going to be my character's theme, because I really do like the song

...also, Glict, is Gwyneth accepted?

Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Theme songs, you say? You have come to the right place! Step in my office, my friend!

I could see any of these working in this rp. the last one I think is going to be Q's theme.

btw is he accepted?

Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:07 pm

The 15th Toron wrote:
This is true for normal wisps, but Q is no normal wisp. Because he's artificial, he needed to develop some sort of core so that he can sustain himself. Also, having a character that can blast lightning and is completely intangible seemed WAYYYY too overpowererd.

Seems legit, so are you still going to use Brother Goren?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

-Color: Veins of a New World-
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next