Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

-Color: Veins of a New World-

Go down 
+9
True Night
FlowerFox
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Celo "The Moms"
Maxx
The Stalker of Shadows
Derkal
DerpaGlerp
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

-Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:13 pm

For Maxx:

Pacific Rim had some of the best OST I've seen in a long time.

Also, I dont think I'll be joining this. I have no ideas for a character, so I have no idea what I would write. Sorry all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:47 pm

Veriska wrote:
The 15th Toron wrote:
This is true for normal wisps, but Q is no normal wisp. Because he's artificial, he needed to develop some sort of core so that he can sustain himself. Also, having a character that can blast lightning and is completely intangible seemed WAYYYY too overpowererd.

Seems legit, so are you still going to use Brother Goren?

Yeah. I can easily manage two characters. I have six on Othergrounds. Goren and Q make up a moral core for the group; Goren has the morality and Q has the logic. They're the McCoy-Spock combo.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Gwyneth is accepted and Q is accepted. Speaking of Q... I plan on having a villain later in this RP named Dr. Q. His assistant is a crazy insane nurse named Bloody.

Soooooooooo... Who wants to start the IC?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Yay!
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Sooner the better. I'm ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:04 pm

I HAVE CREATED MY CHARACTER SHEET..
S.

Yeah I rarely use more than one character in an RP, at least to start out, but when you read this you'll see why I needed both of them.

Name: Raik (R-eye-k)

Species: Arien, a type of mountain wolf

Appearance: Reasonably tough, with thick, though not long, fur. Arien have summer and winter coats, but unless he goes somewhere cold he'll have his summer coat during the whole rp. Pale brown on his back with a darker underbelly, fading to dark brown on his paws too. Arien also have much longer tails than normal wolves, more like cat's tails, that help them balance in their mountain home. Raik's eyes are a very piercing pale green.

Personality: Raik is known for being quite absent-minded. He's tough in a fight, but only if someone tells him that it is one. Unless of course he's directly attacked. It's hard to hurt his feelings, if only because an insult would have to be pretty blunt for him to make sense of it. Unlike his brother, Raik is willing to help anyone he considers nice, no matter the cost. He tends to be easily distracted, such as when he is hunting he will suddenly chase off after a small bird, even if he was stalking a deer or something at the time. He has a strong sense of morality, and while he's willing to fight for anything from someone's life to a bit of food, that's mostly because that's how most canines live. Among his kind, that's fine, as long as you don't truly hurt anyone unless you're defending yourself or others.

Skills: Raik, when he actually concentrates, can be incredibly quiet and is, in the end, a very good hunter. He naturally has very good balance and agility, and if he is looking for something in particular he will probably be able to find it, though he doesn't tend to notice small things if he isn't looking for them. He, like all canines from Arcan, has a somewhat strange magical ability. He can channel energy into other canines and, with a bit more practice and concentration, sometimes others. This creates a sort of beam of power between the two, though it's usually invisible, that can affect the world in the intended way, but only in between him and the other canine, who can also help cast, thus making the spell more powerful.

Other: Not much really, other than the important fact (that you've probably already picked up on) that he's Kairn's brother. They're twins, actually.

Name: Kairn (Kay-rn)

Species: Arien

Appearance: Almost exactly the same as Raik, only just slightly bigger and more muscular, with dark amber eyes.

Personality: Kairn is almost his brother's polar opposite, though they're still very close. He will gladly help family, as it's incredibly important in canine culture, but if anyone else comes to him pleading for help, they'd better have something to contribute. Unless of course they're injured, but even then if he sees that they'll be useless to him once healed, he may even turn them away. He pays close attention to everything around him at all times, and picks up on even the slightest turns of phrase from others. He will notice even the most subtle insults, and very deliberately ignore even the most blunt ones. He is almost impossible to read unless you know him well already, and usually seems completely emotionless or stern. He keeps close tabs on things such as the amount of food or money they have on hand, and often finds himself having to force Raik not to eat or spend it all. If you manage to earn his trust, though, he will open up. To his family he is very warm, and refuses to leave anyone behind.

Skills: Kairn is incredibly obserbvant, and a sort of tactical genius. He's the voice of logic in almost any group, and also a very good hunter and fighter. He too is agile, though not quite as much as his brother. He also shares the same magical ability, just like almost every other canine from his home world.

Other: Yeah still nothing. Raik is his twin brother.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:32 pm

I edited Faez's character sheet a bit.

I forgot to mention his dreamwalking ability.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Why does everyone have their powers under skills? Glict said we'd get them later, so I assume that our sheets were meant to be updated later.

Oh and Sar normal chameleon skin doesn't grant total invisibly. It might work while staying still, but there would likely have to be magic or technology involved for what your looking for.

Last edited by Veriska on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:56 pm

I put the powers there because in all likelihood if I revealed them during the course of the RP someone would accuse me of changing them at some point, or more specifically making them more powerful.  And of course I would have no proof otherwise.

Besides that, having no section for powers, I put it under skills because that's about what it is.  I like to have all the aspects of my character laid out for everyone else to see, and I expect them to rp properly and not use that information IC until their character knows.

Also I've noticed that a good amount of people are just unable to accept someone else's character.  There has to be something wrong with it, maybe because it doesn't belong to them and therefore is inferior.  I suggest you all deal with it.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:02 pm

angelwolf99 wrote:
Also I've noticed that a good amount of people are just unable to accept someone else's character.  There has to be something wrong with it, maybe because it doesn't belong to them and therefore is inferior.  I suggest you all deal with it.

Yes, I agree.

Okay, I'm gonna start the IC if everyone's ready.

Actually, I have to go. I'll start it as soon as I can. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by Glict on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Faez is unique to his kind. (I could go on and on about the fraethre species. I really could. xD )

Most fraethre use the cloaking for matching their surroundings so they can close the distance between them and their prey. (as a side note, they use color coding to indicate emotion when socializing. It's nearly impossible to lie to a fellow fraethre, and nearly impossible for them to hide their emotions from anyone who knows the code.)

Faez cannot change his color unless violently frightened, and even then he just turns a pale blue.

(All fraethre have the base shade of black. Faez is as strange to them as an albino is to us.)

While normal fraethre can appear invisible when standing still, none of them are as adept at it as Faez, who can do it while moving.

Faez is...special. In more ways that one. He is very unlike the race he comes from, and I would not be surprised if he was using a bit of magic that everyone else dismissed as skill.
He sure wouldn't know it though. Fraethre are not spellcasters.

I think Faez is a very balanced character, if not outright underpowered.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:20 pm

It's easier just to put the powers out there for everyone to see.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks for the explanation, that's all I wanted. Everyone has such awesome characters, I can't wait to get this started.

ViperaUnion wrote:
It's easier just to put the powers out there for everyone to see.

Very true, I was just following the character sheet format to the letter.

But Glict said I should add my powers to my sheet, so I'll have those listed before the IC begins.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Veriska wrote:
Thanks for the explanation, that's all I wanted.

I like talking about my characters, feel free to ask.

I can't promise always having an answer though.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Sairei wrote:
Veriska wrote:
Thanks for the explanation, that's all I wanted.

I like talking about my characters, feel free to ask.

I can't promise always having an answer though.

I probably will, I like to understand other peoples characters.

And don't worry, that's what magic is for. This is fantasy after all.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Oh yes, I might add Brother Goren's eventual ability to his sheet.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:26 pm

You probably should, that way everyone's abilities are laid out beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Added Goren's power. He can heal wounds and summon an angelic warrior to fight for him (since he's not exactly combat savvy). I see him more as a chaplain/battlefield medic.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:07 am

I think Goren and Ilene will get along nicely, check my sheet.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:09 am

hehehe... the demon and the angel.
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:29 am

I'm back and working on the IC.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:06 am

Name: Flower

Species: Fox Changeling

Appearance:
-Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 Flower_by_cobaltthefox-d5kssr3
Flower is a purple fox with a hot pink underbelly. The tip of her tail, the pads on the bottom of her feet, and her lower jaw are also pink, but are a lighter shade. She has short, but soft fur, and green eyes that are said to shine like emeralds. She weighs about twelve pounds, is about three feet tall, and about four feet from nose to tail tip.

Since she is a changeling, she has many forms, though the vast majority of them won't be used. Her two main (and secondary) forms are her dragon and chameleon forms. (She probably won't be using them until later on if at all, so I won't describe it unless it comes up. Or unless you really want me too...)

Personality: Flower is a rather thoughtful, and quiet individual. She does not like to fight, but rather hide and wait it out to see what happens afterwards. She believes in listening before acting, and likes to plan things out before doing something huge. Unless, of course, there is only time for quick thinking. She tries to help whenever she can, as long at it is within her capabilities, and believes it will do more good than bad. She loves to read, and has read many books, though doesn't remember this due to her amnesia. When she was alive she also liked helping others find good stories, which is why she lived and worked in the Changeling Kingdom Library.

Skills: Flower's most basic ability is to read minds, and can control whether or not she is reading them at the moment. She can also enter dreams and other people's minds. In dreams, she can change the dream at will to be whatever she wants it to be. She can also warp thoughts and memories, though this drains quite a bit of energy. She will also occasionally have dreams that show her bits of the past and/or future, though these are often vague and somewhat cryptic, and she has not control over them. Very rarely she will have psychic visions of the past or future while she is awake, or while daydreaming. These are about as informative as her dreams, and again, she has no control over this. Since she is a changeling, she can shift into almost any form. However, there are limits to this ability. Her primary forms, her fox (main), dragon, and chameleon forms, take very little energy to shift into. Anything else, however, takes a lot of energy; not only to shift into but also to maintain. A transformation takes on average 2-3 minutes, depending on how big and complex the creature she is trying to transform into is, of her standing still and concentrating. She can also turn into a clone of someone by being in physical contact with them and concentrating for about 5 minutes. She has to be in physical contact with them the entire time or it will not work. She will gain the powers of the person she turned into, but will lose all her powers except for the ability to turn back into a fox, and once she reverts back, she has to go through the initial process if she wants to become a doppelganger again. She also has another ability called "Swift Feet", which allows her to run really, really fast. However, she can not control this ability, and only works about half the time she needs it.

(Please note that the only abilities she will actually be using for now are swift feet and those psychic dreams and visions, since she has little control over them. Due to her amnesia, she has no memory of how to use her other powers or even of having them. Also, if she ever does get her memory back, she will be reluctant to use some of the more advanced changeling abilities, since she's rarely ever shifted into anything else other than dragon or chameleon, and has never become a doppelganger of anyone.)

Other:
Theme Song:

Since Flower is a changeling, she is rather more prone to bad luck than others, but since she spent most of her life in the Changeling Kingdom, which drained most of the bad luck she gained to use as energy, she does not nearly have it as bad as other changelings. Any good luck charms that come her way will be converted to bad luck for her.

Sorry it took so long to get this out. I was having a hard time trying to figure out what to be...
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 am

Ohey, just in time.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:32 am

Hope I'm not too late :3
I kept procrastinating making this XD hope I'm not to late

Name: Safina

Species: Dryad (tree nymph, in other words)

Appearance: Safina has a human-like form- two arms, two legs, average human girl height- but he has features that keep her from looking entirely human. Though she has the slim figure of a 20-something looking female human, she has pointed ears. Safina also has strait, light blonde hair that extends to around the middle of her back and contains a few green streaks.  At first glance Safina's skin seems to be a pale, tanless color. However, if you examine it carefully you will see that it has a very light green tint to it. Safina has dark green eyes that seem human except for when she cries. Then, the same way human eyes become red from tears hers become green.

Safina usually wears a short white or green dress that is strapless since she enjoys the style.  She wears shorts underneath the dress, as well as a gold necklace with a rose pendant on the end of it. Simple enough, right?

I'll try and make a picture later if I get over my current illness of procrastination XD

Personality:  Safina is generally very kind. She enjoys different outdoor activities despite her girly appearance. Safina in fact enjoys the dirt and thus goes barefoot a lot just to feel the ground at her feet. (It's a partial plant trait Razz) Safina may be kind, but she can get angry at times like any other average person, er, dryad.  Safina also enjoys socializing with other living beings, whether animal, human, or any other species.

Skills: Since Safina is a dryad, she is more in touch with nature then an average person. She can easily identify different plants in the outdoors and also animals. She finds a large interest in trees, though, since dryads are, in fact, part tree.  Also she can communicate with animals, being "one with nature" or whatever. (Please tell me if I should make that a skill she learns later or not, I can easily change it ^w^) Safina won't achieve the following ability until later if she earns some memory back, but she can morph with trees. This is something of a way of protection and camouflage for dryads. Another skill that Safina doesn't remember she has is the ability to speed plant growth. It may not be much of a protective ability or defensive, but before Safina had lost her memory she enjoyed using the skill to make things around her, a she would say and others too, "pretty." (Derp)

Other:  Despite being a dryad Sfina has a normal human diet, though she is a vegetarian. The end! Razz

Not my best character sheet but oh, well ^_^'
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:45 am

Just in time Celo!

Got the IC up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Color: Veins of a New World-   -Color: Veins of a New World- - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

-Color: Veins of a New World-
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next