Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JimBobV
Newborn

Location : Lets leave at this: Don't look away from your computer

Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* Empty
PostSubject: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:05 am

Void. Emptiness. Nothing but the light of shining stars, illuminating the heavens of the Universe, like ornaments decorating the tree of the galaxy. But among this vast cosmos, a single speck of matter was drifting quietly through the reaches of space, it's destination unclear, and it's purpose unknown. But as insignificant as this speck might be looked upon when beside the grand throne of time of space, it meant more to it's inhabitants then a crying newborn meant to it's mother, for this race that dwelled within it had nothing more then, what they called a "Space ship". To them it was massive, and bigger then life itself, as it was their only hope once they had destroyed their own planet. But as they continued their lives on the Space ship, trouble was brewing silently from within, like a cancer cell waiting to lash out on it's victim. As food supplies dwindled, and people succumbed to disease every day, some people took to plans of mutiny as a fall back. Like a tsunami rushing from the sea, the threat closed in, and only the vigilant, smart, and strong would survive

Basically, its the distant future, and Humans have taken to the stars in hope for survival. We live on a massive Star ship, which harbors the remains of our population. Recently, food supplies have run low and the crops we're growing have not produced enough for the population of about 100,000 people, which is now around 5,000 seeing most of the population was already on the brink of starvation. There have been rumors of mutiny, and a few people have been planning on it.

The way this roleplay works is I will choose a handful of people(2-4) to be the traitors that are planning to kill off others and seize control of the ship. The rest of you will have the job of finding the traitors and stopping them. The way you will do this is simple. Traitors may leave behind evidence that they have committed an act leading towards mutiny, and once you have enough evidence against them you may confront them. You may be thinking "How will people commit acts as a traitor without other people meta-gaming?" Simple as this: Don't Metagame. This is an example of what I DON'T want to see:

GoodUser wrote:
John walked silently through the corridor, with dark ambitions at mind. He knew it was risky, but someone had to do it, as his spineless compatriots we're to cowardly to do so. He had planned this for weeks now. Assassinating Melissa had to be done, she already knew to much. He stopped at her door, and starting unlocking the hatch.
BadUser wrote:
Melissa was lying on her bed when suddenly her stomach lurched and she felt like something bad was about to happen. She reached under her bed, and pulled out the small fire arm she had hidden there. She aimed it at the door, and as it slid open she fired off five shots. John lay there dead, another traitor down.
This is an example of a user Meta-gaming, and god-modding. I do not want this. Just proceed like you never knew the traitors we're ever going to do this. This goes for the Traitors as well. Now, onto the basic rules.

RULES:

1. No god-modding, metagaming, or making your character a mary/gary sue.
2. Be realistic. If someone pulls a revolver on you, don't do a triple backflip and disarm them. That will most likely end up with me giving the other person permission to ignore you and having them blast a hole in your head.
3. Try to keep a minimum of 3 characters. It's okay to go over, but I would prefer you don't.
4. Put "Deep Space" in the other section of your character sheet.
5. Don't whine to me about your character dying, it's supposed to happen and I won't bring them back from the dead.
6. If your a traitor, make sure not to completely perfect a crime. An example would be you kill someone, and then you manage to somehow clean every piece of evidence up before someone investigates.
7. Be creative with your killings, even if it means having an epic battle and finally shoving someone into an airlock and shooting them out.
8. Also be creative with finding evidence! For example, if they we're killed with a gun, examine the bullet casings!
9. Be courteous to your fellow roleplayers. I don't want a flame war started on the OOC.
10. If one of your characters is a traitor, and the other is not, then make sure you don't always favor one or the other.
11. I'll PM you if your a traitor, so don't ask on the OOC.
12. Make sure to cooperate with your fellow traitors.
13. Don't go randomly confronting people. At least have some evidence that someone is a traitor.
14. As a traitor, make sure you confront people and gather false evidence as well. If you have enough evidence, I can decide to kill an innocent.
15. Put "Traitorous" in the other section of your character sheet if you read the rules.

Character Sheet:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------================================================================
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:

Height:

Weight:

Personality:

History(bio):

Appearance: (pictures are acceptable, but words are preferred)

Dislikes:

Quirks:

Other:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------================================================================
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once I have about 10 - 15 character sheets(CHARACTER sheets, not people. I could have only five people joining, but have 15 characters all together), I'll kick the roleplay off. So just start posting sheets, and have fun!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHIP LAYOUT(May be important for character sheet)

Wing A: The main control and repair section, completely dedicated to the maintenance and navigation of the ship.

Wing B: Military wing, in case of rioting, mutiny, or rebellion.

Wing C: Medical wing, responsible for dealing with the ill, and elderly. Also in charge of quarantine zones, and disease control.

Wings D-M: Farming and Agriculture department. Responsible for 85% of the ship's food supply.

Wings N-R: Meats and other foods Department.

Wings S-W: Living quarters, and some recreational areas.

Wings X-Z: Engine rooms, which are necessary in order for all navigation maneuvers to be carried out.

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS
----------------------------------------------------------
Name: Richard Claymore

Height: 5' 10(Measured in inches)

Weight: 153 lB

Personality: Usually the quiet type, Richard will find places for his time in things like books, and prefers not to socialize. Excellent at improvising, he makes a quick thinker look slower then honey molasses. His job on the ship is to maintain order, which he does excellently due to his shy personalty, and his ability to see a solution where others would not. Although even with this job, and the amount of time he spends around people, he is a social outcast, and not many can learn to like his reclusive behavior.

History(bio): Richard was one of the last people on board the ship, as he was an orphan and one of the few that won a random name ticket lottery, and did not pay or have great influence to get of the ship. Ever since, he has worked hard on the ship, and slowly climbed the ranks to the respected riot control officer he is now. Lately though, many people have been locked in their rooms to prevent spread of disease, and his job has been to snuff out any hopes of mutiny, and enforce strict discipline on those who disobey.

Appearance: Richard is a tall looking man, with trimmed black hair and dark brown eyes. He tends to wear his standard grey military clothes, but on his free time will wear slacks and a collared shirt, to remain as professional as possible. He appears taller then he really is, due to the fact that most of his height comes from his legs.

Likes: Quiet, neat places where he can sit down and read. He has a strong interest for the history of Earthen weapons

Dislikes: Hot, warm, or humid places, and he tends to prefer his shifts out of the agriculture wings of the ship. Also disapproves of as a solution violence, even with his job and interest in weaponry.

Quirks: Will fidget with small things behind his back while he is patrolling, and he always will take it that anyone with a different opinion dislikes or hates him.

Other: Deep space, Traitorous
------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by JimBobV on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:18 am

'Sounds like a good rp :3 I'll probably join once mid-terms and normal life calms down. I also need to finish typing up an rp I'm planning on making.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:24 am

I like the sound of this, I have allot of other stuff going on though. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:25 am

hmmmm im wondering how this will play out i think it will be good ive been playing L.A Noire lately and reading Dr. Frost so i hay have the upper hand lol
Back to top Go down
JimBobV
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Made my own character for the RP.

Name: Richard Claymore

Height: 5' 10(Measured in inches)

Weight: 153 lB

Personality: Usually the quiet type, Richard will find places for his time in things like books, and prefers not to socialize. Excellent at improvising, he makes a quick thinker look slower then honey molasses. His job on the ship is to maintain order, which he does excellently due to his shy personalty, and his ability to see a solution where others would not. Although even with this job, and the amount of time he spends around people, he is a social outcast, and not many can learn to like his reclusive behavior.

History(bio): Richard was one of the last people on board the ship, as he was an orphan and one of the few that won a random name ticket lottery, and did not pay or have great influence to get of the ship. Ever since, he has worked hard on the ship, and slowly climbed the ranks to the respected riot control officer he is now. Lately though, many people have been locked in their rooms to prevent spread of disease, and his job has been to snuff out any hopes of mutiny, and enforce strict discipline on those who disobey.

Appearance: Richard is a tall looking man, with trimmed black hair and dark brown eyes. He tends to wear his standard grey military clothes, but on his free time will wear slacks and a collared shirt, to remain as professional as possible. He appears taller then he really is, due to the fact that most of his height comes from his legs.

Likes: Quiet, neat places where he can sit down and read. He has a strong interest for the history of Earthen weapons

Dislikes: Hot, warm, or humid places, and he tends to prefer his shifts out of the agriculture wings of the ship. Also disapproves of as a solution violence, even with his job and interest in weaponry.

Quirks: Will fidget with small things behind his back while he is patrolling, and he always will take it that anyone with a different opinion dislikes or hates him.

Other: Deep space, Traitorous
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Could you explain the setting a bit more? Like, what rooms the ship has or programs it may offer? Or what are the basic rules for the society? :3 Sorry, I feel the need to know these things before starting on my sheet ^_^'
Back to top Go down
JimBobV
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Okay, I'll edit the first post so it describes the ship's lay out.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:03 pm

M'kay, thanks a ton ^w^
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:54 pm

The character I have in mind for this would be an engineer.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:01 pm

I was thinking of either
a) an average citizen or...
b) a farmer
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:09 pm

Hmmm if I make a character she would be a doctor
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:14 pm

*Brainstorming names* How about Isaac Clarke? XD
Back to top Go down
JimBobV
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Just a little note folks, It doesn't really matter what profession you are. What I mean by this is that regardless of what you're doing, you should still investigate things like a detective would. I've already thought up several ways I could incorporate this without interfering with your role in the ships society. I'm not saying that you shouldn't define your character with a profession, I just want to make sure the RP doesn't end up with people just going about their daily lives while traitors kill people off.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Well can't our professions be used to help? Like as an engineer I could seal a bulkhead if I found a blowtorch, or a doctor could help somebody with their injuries.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:31 pm

And a farmer would be super stressed with the crops
meh, I'll just doo a normal citizen or a scientist. Farming isn't interesting for me.
Back to top Go down
JimBobV
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:50 pm

True Night wrote:
Well can't our professions be used to help? Like as an engineer I could seal a bulkhead if I found a blowtorch, or a doctor could help somebody with their injuries.
I tried to explain that it's actually really good to choose a profession, because it will widen the variety of the RP, but what I was trying to say was don't forget that your main goal here is to track down the traitors.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:55 pm

JimBobV wrote:
True Night wrote:
I tried to explain that it's actually really good to choose a profession, because it will widen the variety of the RP, but what I was trying to say was don't forget that your main goal here is to track down the traitors.
I got that much, not going to forget what the objective of the RP is.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Same. I have a good memory for things like that... I think XP Anyways, I won't forget the traitor is a big focus.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:24 pm

I think id be a doctor hmmm i think i might work on my CS soon
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:27 am

For anyone who saw my first sheet I think I may have found a better home for it. I will make some others though, I'm still going for an engineer as my first.

EDIT: I think I'll wait for more people to show interest, I have too many sheets in my documents that havent seen use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*   Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!* Empty

Back to top Go down

Drifting in Darkness - OOC *Accepting characters!*
Page 1 of 1