Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Game: Beyond the End OOC

Go down 
+10
DerpaGlerp
God-Mod
Sinovera
Dr. Taco.
Canis_dirus
Wolf
Celo "The Moms"
JunkMail
Maxx
True Night
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:48 am

Well I mean he could eat anything that he could tear off with his teeth, swallow, and dissolve in his stomach acid. Of course certain poisons will still kill him, and bleach would be a death sentence.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:53 am

Also your link is broken.

Regarding your post Night, The challenge is EMP proof, Has no door, and quantum computers can't exactly get frappered.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:01 am

Thanks for telling me Liam lol.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:09 am

Posted as Vanos, had him start on Wolfe's ship like we discussed, Maxx.

Tell me if I made any mistakes. Because I feel like I made a lot.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:11 am

Being EMP proof or anything else is irrelevant, the ship is under the influence of reality warping. If it had no door it now has one, for the time being.

I wouldn't have gone through with it if it was going to be permanent (the ship will be fine later) or if there was a way to stop it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:19 am

Great... Wedge.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:24 am

You are absolutely correct my friend. Teh Black Market is a traveling, reality defying hangout for him. Despite it's name there isn't much useful there for sale.

I did say nonsense would be involved.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:44 am

Hmmph.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:47 am

I really don't think it's that bad, give it a chance. It's a way to bring Glycius into The Game and introduce Wedge at the same time, if you want out once that's done be my guest.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:55 am

No it was fine Lone. You were generic enough that I could have some guards bring Vanos to Wolfe.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:42 pm

It should be noted that Eris is impersonating somebody that was actually assigned to the ship. Also they are 700,000 miles out, Jackson should already be well aware of who's on board. Now considering that she isn't part of the crew, not assembling could be taken as slap to the face or a sign of respect. Letting Jackson instruct his crew without somebody looking over his shoulder.

The way the other characters played it off made her seem extremely suspicious, when she probably shouldn't have. Followed by her disguise being instantly pierced.

I'd explain how Eris identified Artifex, but I can't without revealing tactical information. That will come later.

Having Eris reconized doesn't ruin anything I have planned, but it could for other plotlines. I don't care so much about the outcome, rather the way it achieved. For future reference how characters know things should be made clear.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:51 pm

The reason I cannot give how Artifex knew she was a spy is for the same reason (and the same plot arc actually) that I could not give the true reason why she is on the ship at all. Its not because it'd be a good way to introduce the character and her knowing Eris is a spy is not because Stephen's characters did also. I already hinted at it though so it shouldn't be to big of a leap but it does have interesting plot ramifications if you're fine with her knowing. If not I can change it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Most of that was directed to Maxx, but thank you for clarifying. I don't need you to reveal the plot arc planned with Artifex.

I can say with certainty that it would be literally impossible to know that the Admiral was an imposter. It doesn't affect much, strikes me as unrealistic above anything else. I'm not requiring either of you change your posts this time, however I'm definitely not against it.

EDIT: I do admit that having characters wary of Eris might make the plot more interesting though. You guys are the architects of this subplot, you decide.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm starting another side plot that revolves around attempting to apprehend Wedge. It will be a joint effort of at least Garthedus and the Volinadi. Pretty sure that almost everyones characters except Canis, Dr. Taco. and mine are involved in the Mavericks mission to Sardonne, but there are a few people that haven't submitted a sheet yet.

I'd like to bring some of them in on this one so we don't have everyone in the same place.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 pm

I'll use Mark for that plot as he's a little bit... duplicitous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Alright, I'm currently working on a post. Not quite ready to get that going yet though. I hope to have some more characters involved first.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:16 pm

I think Erebos might try to nab Wedge anyway if he recognized him for what he was. True Night you know why.
Alright Op I've invaded your spaceport area and am trying to intrude upon a small starship, probably one about the size of the Millenium Falcon from Star Wars or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 11:17 pm

True Night wrote:
It should be noted that Eris is impersonating somebody that was actually assigned to the ship. Also they are 700,000 miles out, Jackson should already be well aware of who's on board. Now considering that she isn't part of the crew, not assembling could be taken as slap to the face or a sign of respect. Letting Jackson instruct his crew without somebody looking over his shoulder.

The way the other characters played it off made her seem extremely suspicious, when she probably shouldn't have. Followed by her disguise being instantly pierced.

I'd explain how Eris identified Artifex, but I can't without revealing tactical information. That will come later.

Having Eris reconized doesn't ruin anything I have planned, but it could for other plotlines. I don't care so much about the outcome, rather the way it achieved. For future reference how characters know things should be made clear.
A couple things

A) Admiral is a higher rank than captain in any rank system. Jackson is only a captain, so if there was an admiral on the ship who was supposed to be there they would probably be in charge.

B) Why would an admiral be on a ship but not be part of the bridge crew? Admirals overlook entire fleets, not single ships, and if they were on a single ship, then she'd be in charge. If she was on the ship for another reason, then I'd like to know what that reason is (considering it is my ship and Jackson would know). If Jackson didn't know why she was there then he wouldn't know that she was there. No matter, I'll edit it because I don't feel like getting in an argument.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 11:45 pm

I can give you a some reasons. The switching of orders to negotiate with the Enigma instead of attack them would have been seen through if the highest rank on the ship was Captain. Jackson wouldn't have the authority. Secondly, my reasoning was Garthedus would want to oversee the mission personally and they aren't going to send a lower rank. Really it's not unheard of to have a higher up that's present, but not issuing the orders. Especially on a new ship for an important mission.

Here's an excerpt from an article on the navy.

Quote :
Rear admirals will normally embark on large capital ships such as aircraft carriers, which will function as the flagship for their strike group or battle group, but a captain will retain command of the actual ship. Even when a senior officer who is in the ship's captain's chain of command is present, all orders are given through the captain as a courtesy.
Think I'll change her to a lower rank of admiral so it's more reasonable, and I don't intend for this to be an argument. I apologize that I didn't consult with you before making my character disguised as a higher rank.

EDIT: Scratch having her an admiral, going to edit my post.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:56 am

Okay, Eris's post is changed. It's almost identical, but you guys will still have to edit your posts in response.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:05 am

Ok that works much better.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 4:55 am

I added the perspectives of Eris and Diva onto my last post.

Which makes that my largest post on this site.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 am

Sorry for taking so long, Maxx. I'm waiting for Sin to post because she wants to set herself up with my character.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:38 am

It's cool Op. I haven't been able to post either. I got swamped with homework.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 am

Finals for my college are next week, I've got a lot of work to do as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Game: Beyond the End OOC
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next