Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Game: Beyond the End OOC

Go down 
+10
DerpaGlerp
God-Mod
Sinovera
Dr. Taco.
Canis_dirus
Wolf
Celo "The Moms"
JunkMail
Maxx
True Night
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:24 am

canis_dirus wrote:
Sar's empire is the Invaders. Their actual name is the Kyrenians.

...By the time of this RP they are destroyed. Only a handful of them remain scattered about their galaxy.

Thray and Kydi are wanderers.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:28 am

Ask godmod... neither are impossible. besides after just 2 days you would all sorely miss me.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:30 am

Not teleporting and time travel like you are thinking using quantum physics. They would violate causality, which quantum physics heavily supports.
Something like the transporter from Star Trek might work though.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 6:30 am

*repeated facewall*
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Technically, while quantum physics supports causality, it also supports the occurrence of random or unpredictable events, which is why one of the most repeated phrases about quantum physics is; "if you understand it, you're missing something." Just look at quantum entanglement, the slit experiment, or anything that validates observer dependence.

Now, while that doesn't have much to do with Liam's childish behavior -and I say much because who knows what his presence does to the quantum foam around him- it does support a few methods of time travel and arrival point construct free teleportation. However, unless you have impossibly good luck and can play roulette every hour of every day for the rest of your life without any losses, I really wouldn't trust even a forced entanglement to turn the air particles on the other side of the US, at a very specific location to transform into you, exactly, and not a dead neon pink toad or a cigar smoking sentient beaver.

However, unless you happened to have a planet sized quantum computer to calculate the exact atomic and sub atomic specifics of your body, and some fancy smansy nano builder bots to mail with said weapon, I wouldn't hold out to much hope of your teleportation actually working.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 6:19 pm

canis_dirus wrote:

EDIT: Nice profile pic maxx

Operator did that.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 9:31 pm

I thought that you might have done that to mock him, but it also makes sense the other way around.

I might have a post later. We'll see, go other things to do.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Erberos is dead -_-

may he rest is... ENDLESS TURMOIL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Not really endless turmoil....

TIME TO SUBMIT THE NEXT CHARACTER!!!!
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:48 am

Drevni
Culture: The Drevni ideals are those of isolationism and efficiency. They are somewhat group oriented, as each member of their species has a telepathic link with the others, regardless of distance. Due to this, they seem to outsiders to be very knowledgeable (which they kind of are) and wise since they have extensive experience and knowledge shared between them. They highly value the pursuit of knowledge, which has resulted in technology not seen in other civilizations. They also breed rather quickly and live to an old age, which gives them large numbers.

Economy: They do not use currency, except for dealings with outside empires. Citizens are supplied with what they need if they work, and they are given more if they perform in a higher up job (get more as an engineer than as a toilet cleaner). They have a very large industrial base, with many large factories that produce immense amounts of whatever is needed. They have been known to hollow out planets and fill them with factories and build massive orbital shipyards for their navy.

Military: Drevni military policy is that of deterrence. Their ships are large and heavily armed and even the smallest outpost is well guarded. A great amount of time and resources are spent towards creating a vast navy to accomplish their goals and to harvest resources. They utilize powerful shielding as well as directed energy weaponry, special railguns, and missiles. Their ships are smooth and curved, with a brushed grey color. They use the reality drive for FTL travel, enabling rapid transit.

Relations: The Drevni are rather isolationist, dealing with other civilizations only when necessary. Those who do not attack them are fine, but no outsiders are normally permitted inside their territory. Those who demonstrate aggression are usually dealt with on sight and perpetually viewed with distrust.

Homeworld: Their home world is Dresanderron (dress-Ahn-deh-Rhone). The surface is carefully maintained to be beautiful, with forests and plains and the like. The interior has been completely mined out to make way for living quarters and factories. On the surface of the planet are many anti-ship turrets and missile systems as well as massive underground generators for the planetary shield which is constantly active.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:49 am

Name: Axon
Race: Drevni
Appearance: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/320/8/1/luminoth_by_3ihard-d4gdz46.jpg this is what he looks like without his armor.

Personality: Axon is very business and down to earth. He believes the Drevni are the good guys and will not hesitate to carry out his orders since they mean he is advancing his civilization, which he is very loyal to. He prefers to fight honorably, but if an enemy is dishonorable, then the honor goes out the window since the enemy doesn’t deserve it.

Alignment: Neutral

Affiliation: Drevni Empire

Bio/history: Due to living among some less than desirable civilizations, the Drevni created a new section in their special warfare military operations. The idea was to create super soldiers that would be able to perform espionage, take down enemies, and basically do all the shady work that normal soldiers weren’t fit to do. That is where Axon comes in.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:49 am

The Drevni remind me of 19th Century Japan.

Is Axon going to be particularly aggressive towards any of my characters if they more-or-less stay out of his way? Because I am really getting tired of fighting battles I can't win.

Last edited by Maxx on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:51 am

Except unlike Japan, they are well equipped....
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:52 am

I meant culture-wise. I edited my last message here.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:55 am

Ah I see, well I suppose they kind of are. I never thought of that parallel.

We shall see how things go with Axon

EDIT: You could always run from fights...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:06 am

It is illegal in the Enigma Federation and in the Lumien Consulate to run from a fight without an official retreat order delivered from their respective governments. Enigma agents who run from combat are executed and Lumien soldiers/government agents who do the same immediately receive dishonorable discharge and are prevented from getting another government job. And I can't break a law...

No matter, the Greys will be safe. They always attempt to solve problems peacefully before fighting (or at least Shax's group will). They're still extremely religious.

EDIT: I'll try to post by the end of the week, but school is clamping down. It's going to take me around two days per post on weekdays.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:55 am

Both empire and character sheet accepted.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:56 am

Excellent
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 3:56 am

Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 4:10 am

People should post.....
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 4:18 am

People will post if other people are patient with those people.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 4:21 am

"Patience is a virtue I lack"

Honestly though, I actually do have patience, it's just nobody has posted for a day or two. I just would like to get rolling again.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 4:35 am

Hey that's my quote!
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 4:48 am

Indeed it is Sar, I found it appropriate for the situation.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 4:52 am

Funny thing is I was going to post that and then I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Game: Beyond the End OOC   The Game: Beyond the End OOC - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Game: Beyond the End OOC
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next