Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)

Go down 
+6
Derkal
Dragonbud
DerpaGlerp
Angelwolf99
Absolutely not Prussian
Sairei
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:42 pm

Strange was about to go hide when a little floating pufferfish monster chewed a hole through the wall, just behind his head.

A little bit horrified, Strange silently moved away from the creature and leaped back onto the desk. From there, he leaped onto something higher, and eventually made it to the ledge above the door. Hopefully the invaders didn't have what strange feared: something that detects life. If not, then he'd be home free. Strange crouched down into the shadows, effectively hiding him. The trained eye, however, would be able to find him. Strange wasn't worried about his, though; hopefully he'd have snuck out just before they decided to check just above the door.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Feffon slowly floated towards the ground where it saw what appeared to be a trail of petals. It held out his tongue and sniffed at them gently, trying to see if they were edible. It had been so long since it had eaten some good plant matter. Gingerly it touched his tongue to one of them, and it slowly lifted the petal into into its mouth. It tasted decent, not unlike rose petals to Feffon, though it hadn't eaten plant matter in so long that it found the petal delicious. Slowly it moved to the next one, and gobbled this up too. It followed the line of petals until it found itself in front of what appeared to be a carpet of moss on the wall.

It floated a little higher, and slowly began to extend its tongue out towards the moss to sniff the moss. Just as it was about to open its mouth wide and take an experimental bite, it heard a skittering come from nearby. Something else was in the hallway. A look of panic crept across Feffon's face as it quickly inflated with more air, causing itself to bump into the ceiling. Hopefully no one would see it up there.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:00 pm

Senn opened his eyes, hearing Feffon. A low growl grew in the back of his throat and his fangs gritted. "You infernal thing! If you blow my cover I'm having fish sticks tonight! That is, assuming any of us get out of here alive!" He closed his eyes again, hoping deep in his heart the aliens wouldn't notice him. He almost trembled. Fearing death of course. It was obvious he was sad about his empire's destruction, but he didn't love anything enough to care that much about it. All in all, he was one who didn't like other creatures. Any other creatures, and just wanted to be left alone.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:04 pm

"...annddd...right in here, I think," Kydi said, staring at the detector rather than what was actually in front of him. He stepped through the door, and looked up from the device. Because he did not at once see anything he classified as living, he glanced back at the detector. "Huh...Maybe this thing's broken."

Behind him, still standing outside the room in the hall, Thray attempted to peer over Kydi's shoulder. They were approximately the same height, but Thray usually seemed bigger because of his cloak. "If it were broken, it would not have detected anything at all," Thray pointed out.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Ketryn was ready to attack when an unusual creature tore through the wall- wait. It ATE through the wall. Metal.  He ate through metal. If Ketryn had a stomach, she would have felt it drop right about now. She ha one hand firmly gripping the metal beam she was holdin on to, not realizing how much strength she was using or that it was leaving an imprint on the metal of a small handprint. She watched the creature eat some petals and go closer to where the plant being was. Uh oh. She found herself letting go of the beam and lanin with a loud thud, the sound of her landing not matching what she probably looked like for her weight and she began to go forward, arm raise at the creature when it floated higher, out of her reach. At least it hadn't bitten Pomona. Wait. She had been careless and forgotten of the intruders.

Kertryn quickly ran to the beam she had been using and swim over it, trying o hide in the shadow again. With her luck the beings had already arrived. But they seemed harmless. The way they spoke. Nervous, maybe. Ketryn once again landed on the ground again and looked at the newcomers. "You're peaceful?"
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Feffon tried to muffle its gasp as Thray and Kydi entered the hall, and looked up to see some large cat/bat hybrid hanging from the ceiling next to him. So obviously it was wrong on two levels: the hall was not deserted and the ship was not abandoned. There was some sort of sensor-thingy in one creature's hand, and the other stared at it over its shoulder. It didn't hear what the black bat-thingy said to it due to the fear that now crept around its body. He had to remain absolutely still and not make a single noise or Senn would be the least of its problems. It tried to keep as still as possible, praying to Gustra (the Polyplore god) that the creatures wouldn't look up. If they did, Feffon would have no other option but to attack. It wondered how that sensor would taste, maybe like steel. Feffon had grown quite large now, and the spines on its sides began to slightly stand on end. In the event of fighting, Feffon would either inflate to become harder to damage and immobile or would attempt to release all of its helium in a jet to give it maximum speed. Which one it did, though, would be essentially random.

Yet another creature dropped from the ceiling and landed in front of the Invaders (at this point Feffon was really beginning to doubt Invader security). Feffon looked at her with bulging eyes, but said nothing and did not move. If she died, it would be her problem, not its.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:37 pm

Somnus could just see over Thray and Kydi's heads, albeit not very well.  What he saw was a seemingly empty room suddenly become full of creatures.  There was one humanoid, and one floating fish.  He came to the conclusion that there were probably still more people in the room than he could see, and they had probably been hiding from the Kyreniens in front of him.

He gave each creature a final glance over, and then spoke, "Hello?"

Last edited by Angelwolf99 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:47 pm

"You idiots!" Senn rasped. "You think they're peaceful just because they walk through a door and say a few words? Incompetent... stupid little... Ugh" he said. Then he noticed he may have given away his location. He grunted exhaustedly. But he remained hidden just in case the Invaders neglected to hear him. He kept an eye glaring right on them. They might even feel his hot red gaze on their heads. His claws remained thoroughly locked into the ceiling, as he wasn't quite ready to reveal himself.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:52 pm

Kydi scrambled backwards, falling into Thray who pushed him back to his feet. Kydi was easily surprised, especially when it appeared that his devices were lying to him. He addressed Kertryn, since she had spoken first. "Uh, yes. Yes we're peaceful....aaaree you?"

Thray meanwhile, kept his eye out for any hostile movements. He didn't believe that they would simply accept their word. He stared upward at the black creature attached to ceiling, and the mysterious floating fish-thing.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Yup, their cover had been completely and totally blown now. Feffon began to look around in a panic, unsure of what to do. It could always eat its way through the ceiling, but it didn't know what would be on the other side, and hitting another fuel line again would not be fun. It puffed up to full height, its spikes fully extended and its mouth open wide, barring its wicked teeth. As Senn yelled out and gave away their location, Feffon realized that there was only one way to get out of this without becoming a California roll: attack.

It angled its massive jaws at Kydi and let out a screech to intimidate its now prey. Feffon released almost all of the gas from his helium tanks and blasted at Kydi at nearly 40 miles per hour, his teeth ready to cleave through flesh and chomp through armor. Hopefully these invaders would be tasty. Maybe they'd taste like beef. Feffon liked beef; it had eaten beef once a long time ago, and still it craved that delicious taste. It screamed at the tops of its lungs "I WILL EAT YOU!" and prepared for impact.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:57 pm

Ketryn glanced bak at Senn. "As you had said, they knew we were here, anyways. And look at how nervous that one is. Not to mention their movements. They aren't hostile. If you wish to stay hidden, then don't call us idiots. I'm not the one who thought of the idea of taking weapons for a beings hands. That is idiotic." She dryly stated at Senn and turned to face the beings who had entered.

"As for non-hostility, I am, as well."

She saw the flying fish thing flying towards one of the beings that had entered. "You. Don't eat anyone unless you want to be sent flying into a wall," she said plainly to whatever that eating thing was.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:00 am

Senn got angry now. He didn't care if he was revealed. "Don't believe a word they say!" He detached from the ceiling. He fell back directly into his feet, making a loud bang as he hit the ground. He stood up from a crouched position and dusted himself off. "They're faking it! Didn't you see what happened to all of your homes? Families? Am I seriously the only one here who remembers anything? Come on! We can't trust them!" He said, hissing. He spit a bit on the floor. A bit of venom came with it. When he would get angry, he would produce more venom in his fang than usual. As the venom hit the ground it let off a slight steam and turned black as it combined with metal. He was ready to fight if need be. He knew that if a quarrel occurred, he'd stand little chance against a gun. But he didn't care anymore.

Last edited by Darkel on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:00 am

Strange stared incredulously at the Invaders underneath him. How has he not been discovered yet? He looked over the scientist Invader's shoulder, at his device. They must know I'm here, he thought. Or, at least the machine does.

Strange decided to risk it and oust himself. "Only if you don't try anything," he spoke quietly, looking directly at the hooded invader barely five feet under from him. If anyone here was dangerous, it was the hooded invader. He stayed hidden while he spoke, so that the Invaders couldn't get a good look at him. He was thankful that he was still holding the rod, just in case they suddenly became hostile.

He wasn't going to completely reveal himself yet. He  was in a particularly dangerous spot, if they had a gun. However, this was why he was hiding: to have a chance to not get shot.

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:06 am

Ketryn glanced at Senn. "I remember. But that was parts of the race- not a whole. The yarksonians run experiments on the helpless. Yet I am a Yarksonian and do not agree with it. You understand what I am saying?"
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:06 am

Pomona watched from her corner as Senn and the strange fish became hostile towards the new people. She glanced towards them, only one of her eyes opening. These strangers didn't seem all that dangerous, nervous more like it. And they didn't look like they had any water on them. What a shame. Since they were of little use to her, she didn't really care what the strange floating fish or Senn did to them. But at the same time, she didn't want to get involve with any gun fight. Maybe while everyone was fighting she would slip out.

"So, given fishys actions here, I'm guessing we are disregarding any sort of plan." Pomona slowly stepped away from the wall. Moss forming more of a cloak around her, maybe as a sort of protection or camouflage, she didn't know how well these invaders could see. Pomona tipped her head towards Senn, listening to what he was saying. "I know my home world is safe." She said with a confident voice. "So I do not care who I side with. I just want some water and fresh air." But at the same time, watching a fight would be rather entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:13 am

Senn gave a mocking laugh. "If you would have seen what they did to my world, every person in this forsaken room would be on my side! I've never seen so much death and destruction and torture before! Do any of you realize.... Just... What I've seen of these things? This is unacceptable!"
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:22 am

Ketryn looked blankly at Senn, though she could seance her wiring preparing for byte te way adrenaline does. "I have been poked with so many needles by my own kind. Yarksonians are against each other. These beings are not like whatever ones you saw. Can you not tell? They are hesitant- any battle-ready, blood thirsty species wouldn't be like that. Are you, perhaps, just looking for a fight?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:31 am

Thray yanked Kydi back by his collar as the flying fish became hostile.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE EATEN!" Kydi yelled as he flew backwards. "TRUST ME I DO NOT TASTE GOOD."

It was true. Part of the reason that wild animals did not trouble Invaders for long when on a new planet was because they quickly learned that the Kyreniens tasted so awful, it would make one want to disgorge their last meal. Kyrenien blood was a dark, blackish red color that darkened as the Kyrenien aged. While fresh cuts appeared red as any human injury, they quickly turned a dirty color.

"Hey!" Thray called, unusually loud. He did not raise his voice to a shout, it was just louder than his normal speaking voice. "Leave Kydi alone!"
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:39 am

"What purpose would I have in wanting to fight just to fight? In honor of my people, I would gladly fight. Errians were good people. Very good people. Until they were all slaughtered and enslaved. Experimented on. Now, you're talking about your own people" Senn addressed Katryn. "They are not here right now. But these aliens are! And I could care less of they seem hesitant! They're faking it! I bet they were specially trained for these shams! Don't believe anything!" He said having dagger eyes pointed at the Invaders. His claws clicked against each other in a very loud and threatening manner. His ears were bent back in hatred.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:40 am

Somnus' eyes widened when he spotted Pomona. There was something he hadn't seen before, a creature made out of, or at least covered in, plants. Cautiously, trying not to alarm anyone in the room, he pushed past Thray and padded to the other side of the room, where Pomona was. He looked at her for a moment, then sat down. He closed his eyes.

The air around him shimmered a barely visible dark green, only an inch away from his fur. The same effect appeared around Pomona a moment later, and the plants began to heal, with no need for water or sunlight. After a moment, it stopped, and Somnus opened his eyes. He smiled and dipped his head in greeting. "I'm Somnus," he said quietly, "is that any better?"
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:47 am

Ketryn let the sound of buzzing come from her throat- the closest thin she could do for a growl. "What I was saying is that just because a majority of a race does something, it doesn't mean all the race does. Now..." She stepped between Senn and the Invaders upon glancing at his claws. "Just wait. Actions prove points and goals. And..." She pointed at one of the invaders that was helping Pomonas.

"Does that seem violent?"
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:53 am

Pomona had rolled her eyes tired of listening to Senn's voice. She voice sounded extremely bitter, a side effect of being holed up for several days. "Do you really think any of us care about you or your stupid race?" She crossed her arms over her chess. "I know I certainly do not." Pomona looked up at Senn, glaring. "I'm sure all of us couldn't give two craps about anyone but ourselves and our families. We don't have time to worry about something that has nothing to do with us." Senn was just sounding like a character you would see who is mean but has a tragic past so everyone sympathies with them. But Pomona was feeling really direct.

She continued to rant, not noticing Sommus approach her. "To be honest, I just want to leave. So I don't care if these people are hostile or not, if they have a way out I'm gonna want to go with them." Suddenly she stopped speaking, seeing Sommus in her 'territory' she returned to a crouching position, a low grumble rumbling in her throat. How dare he approach her without permission! He was going to get a piece of her mind. She was about to do such this, but suddenly everything felt rejuvanizing and warm and less sucky. Pomona looked down at her hands, noticing the vines and various plants in her arms were returning back to their lively selves. She ran her hands over her body, feeling the life return to herself.

For a moment Pomona was silent, looking over Sommus. Had he done this? But why? Obviously he wasn't a bad guy, bad guys don't help plant girls. Pomona herself suddenly appeared less hostile and cranky. After a moment Pomona bowed her head in return, thinking it might have been a custom of whatever Sommus was. "My name is Pomona." She took another pause, mentally checking herself over. "And yes, that feels much better, thank you."
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:56 am

Strange was rather surprised that none of the invaders have noticed him yet. Perhaps they were overwhelmed by everyone else?

After thinking it out, he stood up, revealing himself. He reached out, metal rod in hand, and tapped the scientist lightly in the head with it. He wasn't quite sure if he would regret it, but he was about to find out. The instant the rod made contact with the scientist's head, Strange dropped it on the ground and crouched into the shadows again, making himself unseen.

"I can see you're... Well, you don't have bad intentions. Are you here to... rescue us?" Strange asked curiously.

He completely ignored the controversy happening in the middle of the room, deciding that he didn't need to get involved.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:01 am

Senn lowered his claws, but still positioned his fingers in threatening ways. "I don't fall for tricks easily. That could just be a part of their deceptiveness... But they'll have to do more than heal a few wounds to convince me," he said crossing his arms. He glared at Katryn. "You know, there are certain traits that all members of a race can possess. If you didn't know, almost every Errian that ever lived had a bad temper. We are a very haughty bunch. Correction--were a haughty bunch" he said giving a glare to the Invaders.

Then he looked at Ponoma. His ears bent back again, his claws extending. "You little piece of Kkelra! This has everything to do with you! These people not only destroyed my race, but once given a chance to rise to power again, will do the same to yours if they haven't already! And y race? They're not stupid. And you'd ought to be respectful of them. They fought long and hard for things you can't even understand. When you speak, try knowing what you're talking about first you infernal creature!"
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:08 am

Ketryn let out a flat sigh, showin know of the annoyance that she felt. Or even lettin out a puff of air- just a recording programmed into her system. Ketryn's new body had no lungs. She stared at Senn blankly. "Just wait for the reply of these life forms, okay? You reveal too much about yourself to these newcomers to consider them enemies. You have already revealed what your emotions and tendencies are like, which can easily be proven a weakness. Why would you show weakness to those you consider enemies? Just wait fora reply and we shall see."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Endurance: The Next Chapter (IC)
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next