Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darkwater (OOC)

Go down 
+6
Maxx
HalfThere
Mr Allen J
Celo "The Moms"
Dragonbud
Derkal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 10:12 pm

It would make my character seem like she doesn't have enough flaws.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 pm

I was wondering if Sirens were allowed in this RP.

Like...specifically a mermaid with the ability to lure ships and other such things to their doom by their singing.

...Or do all mermaids do that...?
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:37 pm

I too am wondering about Sirens.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, is your cast complete? Two mermaids and a female Cecaelia doesn't seem well rounded.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 pm

Night does make a good point. If you have an RP with a relatively small list of species to choose from, a well-rounded cast would generally in my own opinion be one of each kind, with an even mix of male and female characters. I know that's not always possible, but it's best to have characters involved in every group, since there will be things groups keep exclusively amongst themselves, and you want to make sure that as GM you can always keep a certain degree of control in the RP. The best way to do that is to ensure that your characters are always present in some form or fashion.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:24 am

I'm not done with my cast. Also I don't think Sirens would fit well, because seafolkre forbidden to come in contact with humans.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 2:10 pm

That doesn't make sense. In that logic, none of the species would fit well. There was nothing said about how a siren had or will come into contact with humans, the other species are just as much capable.

What does make sense would be that a siren isn't just a particular type of mermaid, but one that revels in singing, where every other mermaid is just capable of doing so. Sirens being the ones who are either particularly good at it or regularly partake in it.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 2:27 pm

I suppose then, but there won't be much "human luring" if there are sirens.

I should have mentioned, Atlas has Shark Guards that will kill seafolkre that stray too close to the surface. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Damn. I wanted to have my character sun on rocks like real seals do. I'll rewrite her again
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 pm

No need. Eventually there will indeed be a turning point in the story about this and a plot line considering this law. You of course, can still have her/him sun on rocks, I'll just be against the law and she'll e attacked if she get caught.

But with that in mind, I suppose luring humans could be a possibility then. As long as they lure the humans for a plausible reason, whatever it may be, and nt just killing them to be killing them.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:00 pm

I need to get to work on my Lionfish hybrid cs XP
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:01 pm

Can't wait, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Maybe mermaids kill humans because their red blood makes such wonderful hair dye.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:41 pm

You gave me ideas concerning RL, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:05 pm

I'm just about finished then. I kinda bsed the appearance and I'm gonna do it again with the personality
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:10 pm

Could a hybrid incorporate a land creature among sea creatures? Or are they strictly sea creatures?

Have an idea similar to Scylla from the Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Sirens do kill for the sake of killing... kmmph.
I think they usually eat the sailors though.

Eh. If I were to make a Siren I would want her songs to affect fellow merfolk, and possibly a variety of non-sentient creatures as well....Sorta like how Disney princesses always seem to enlist woodland creatures to assist them.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:28 pm

It probably wouldn't affect Merfolk, as if there's sirens involved they could just as easily affect your character.

@True: strictly sea animals.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:34 pm

Alight, I can make do with sea animals.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 10:02 pm

Darkel wrote:
It probably wouldn't affect Merfolk, as if there's sirens involved they could just as easily affect your character.

...Wait what?
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 10:08 pm

Groans. Making this was peaceful.

Character Sheet

General Information

Name: Alibe
Alias: Selkie, if you are trying to call her something insulting.

Species: Seal Merperson. Spotted seal to to be specific.

Length: Just about seven feet long. Seal merpeople are some of the smallest species.
Weight: 180 pounds

Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Silver with streaks and speckles of white and black.

Appearance: Like almost all merpeople, the top half of Alibe is human, or at least humanoid, and her bottom half, beginning at the waist, is of her animal counterpart. Her seal tail, while allowing her to swim rather swiftly, appears to be rather thick and not very sleek, as seal tails are regardless. The 'top' side of the tail is a light gray while the 'under' side of it is white. The entire thing is covered with speckles of gray, black, white and silver. Pat the end of her tail are two flippers, which are a darker gray then the rest of her.

The speckled pattern, as well as the gray and white coloration, continues up into Alibe's human portion. Her backside is the same light gray and her belly up to her shoulders is white. On these two colored portions of her body the speckles also appear, without any sort of pattern or placement. The rest of her skin is pale in complexion. Her neck and face are also home to some of these speckles, but they are smaller and fainter then the ones on her tail. Her hands, slightly webbed, end in, barely pointed, black nails.

Her neck and face is most likely her most human feature. She looks all around slim and smooth with the same colored freckles around her facial features. She has shiny, black eyes, and a thick nose with black skin around it making it seem larger. Above her lips and under her nose are several long and white whiskers. Her hair is very, very, long, ending at the base of her tail. It has the same coloration as the rest of her body. But she rarely lets it out of a series of intricate braids, and loops. It's too much of a pain to swim around with all this hair tangling her up.

I hate writing appearances.

Personality: A huge mix of personality makes up Alibe, most of which I am going to keep to myself and allow it all to come through in the ic. But just think of it this way, Alibe is normally very sweet and gentle as well as playful. She often can be found spending her time simply allowing herself to be pushed though the waves in the most carefree way. But this doesn't mean that Alibe is totally innocent, she is actually a bit of a rule breaker. Risking her life and honor in order to go up to the surface to sun on the rocks.

Skills: Alibe works as a sort of gatherer for various sea witches. As the dog of the sea she is rather good at finding things. She isn't sure why. Her is also a rather good fisherman, eating almost anything smaller then her while avoiding things that are larger. Alibe is also rather sneaky for someone as wide as herself, happily spending time on the rocks above the surface.

Strengths: Alibe is a smooth swimmer, being quiet and not disturbing the water enough to be detected by others nearby. She is also very brave, which can help overcome her physical weaknesses. She is able to hold herself in scary situations, finding the best way to keep herself alive and away from the big hitters.

Weaknesses: Alibe's small stature and lack of any sort of natural attack or defense is a pretty huge weakness. She physical strength is very low, not having very sharp teeth or fins or anything. She also isn't the fastest swimmer.

Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 10:13 pm

Accepted!
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 1:43 am

I have two sheets here.

General Information

Name: Mal
Alias: The angler (what did you expect?)

Species: Angler fish/sea urchin/human hybrid

Length: 6 feet
Weight: 245 lbs

Eye Color: Solid black

Personal Information

Appearance: A giant dark grey scaled angler fish with elongated limb like fins and lots of spines. The fin structures that look sort of like spines on a regular angler fish in this case are also spines.

Personality: Vicious, loyal, yet submissive. Mal is very territorial and often responds aggressively to intruders. The only reliable ways to get on his good side is to do as he demands, bribe him, or show him that you are not to be trifled with. Despite acting all tough he is rather simple minded. He won't admit it, but he's both more content and effective working for somebody that has proven their strength and is providing payment of some sort than he is on his own. Without instruction he is prone to charge in to deal with all threats head on and make the same mistakes over and over again. Ultimately he is self centered, so enough payment can usually win him to your side even without any display of power. However, it's the display of power that keeps him from trying to backstab you later on.

History: Not much to say. More animal than human, Mal has used his fearsome presence to secure a deep sea lair for himself and he protects it like any other predator. He is currently under employ of a sea witch (see my other sheet).

Family: Hasn't kept tabs on his siblings, they are likely scattered though the depths living similar lifestyles.

Skills and Abilities

Skills: Fast swimmer, good hunter.

Strengths: Huge mouth, lots of sharp teeth, covered in sharp spines with a painful (not lethal or debilitating) poison, can create his own light, is very stealthy in the dark, able to withstand extreme depths, can regenerate limbs and spines (urchins are related to starfish). Rarely shows any signs of fear.

Weaknesses: Takes a while to adapt to the lower water pressures of shallower depths, is rather limited in uses for his fin/hands (can't wield weapons etc.), extremely suborn and won't even listen to opposing ideas from anyone who hasn't proven their strength or paid him. Doesn't understand consequences or danger very well. Other times he will disagree with something he know's is correct or act against it just to spite somebody. Even at his own expense.

Other: Triton

General Information

Name: Deyanira
Alias: Treachery, Sea butcher, and the generic Sea witch

Species: Cacaelia

Length: 15 feet in total
Weight: 300 lbs in total

Eye Color: Emerald green
Hair Color: Jet black

Personal Information

Appearance: Deyanira's hair flows to the center of her back. Depending on the current her bangs sometimes obstruct view of her eyes, which are unusually large. Contrarily her nose is quite small, and her lips average. Nasty looking fishhooks serve as earrings, and around her neck is a silver necklace of a ships helm tarnished from years underwater. The human part of her figure is very slim attractive, and youthful looking. The lower half is the tentacles and maw of an oversized black vampire squid.

Personality (with a little history): Deyanira is considered unusual, disconnected, and reclusive. Ever since childhood she had a morbid sense of humor, that has since evolved into a desire to see 'what makes things tick'. This isn't too uncommon of a curiosity among those of her profession, what sets her apart is that she would see there be no restrictions. Mermaids, Hybrids, fellow Cacaelia, and the forbidden humans are no exceptions. If it wasn't for her royal blood she'd never have made it as far ash she did, but eventually her extreme ideology put her at odds with even those securing her seat. To her the world is just one big science experiment, where everyone, including herself is just a variable. She also has a superiority complex, and having exhausted her resources in high society, Deyanira is often left to her own means for 'credible' sources of help. This doesn't always turn out correct, resulting in failed experiments, and a further warped personality.

History: I'll do more of this IC.
Family: If I cover this, it'll be IC.

Skills and Abilities

Skills: Deyanira is capable of hunting prey if need be, she is well versed in the use of the trident, she is a extremely talented alchemist, good liar/manipulator, very cunning.

Strengths: Deyanira is a practiced user of magic capable of doing most tasks in her line of work hands free. There are some other basic things she can do, like trap live specimens (tiny ones) in bubbles so they can't escape. Squids are quite physically strong, though her strength pales in comparison to others of her kind who are typically larger, especially males. She is capable of swimming quite fast, with the ability to jet away at even faster speed for a distance of about 300 feet. Additionally she can cloud the water with ink, and make use of her beak in combat. Exclusive to vampire squids is being able to flip inside out, which will cover her human torso with the underside of her webbed tentacles at the expense of being able to swim or use them effectively.

Weaknesses: Deyanira has an over reliance on magic, leading her to sometimes do things that would be more efficiently done by hand with her abilities. As stated above, she is smaller than most members of her species, and thus has bellow average strength and reach. Her attitude about the world and her place in it makes her reckless, which has resulted in near death incidents, and having to relocate and start from scratch a few times. This trend is likely to continue. Deyanira has issues with resorting to help from anyone bellow her perceived status, and avoids working with anyone she can't control or predict entirely. Which limits her success considerably.

Other: Triton
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Accepted, but don't go crazy with the magic on the second one. I'm trying not to have too much magic involved.

EDIT: I suppose us can start the IC now. I don't have all of my characters in yet, but I suppose I can introduce them later.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:55 am

It'd be cool if there was a deep sea trench somewhere not too far from the city. Otherwise I'll have to think of another idea for my intro post, and my characters home.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:10 am

My character is probably going to live near a seaweed field...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkwater (OOC)   Darkwater (OOC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkwater (OOC)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next