Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)

Go down 
+4
Maxx
Dragonbud
Lieo
The Real Shade
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:29 pm

So is this rp gonna happen? I'm gonna start planning a mechanic...or maybe a pilot. Im guessing this rp takes place in modern times?
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:30 pm

Yup, modern times. This RP will happen, however, it may be 1-3 weeks. I know with exams (and the next Dresden Files book) coming up nobody can really be dedicated to this, so I'm willing to let it wait for a while.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:34 pm

I understand. The idea is to diversify and further specialize characters, not create anomalies. Could add limits like not allowing people to train skills they wouldn't have some level of natural talent in as derived from their attributes.

Even then all I'm saying is maybe four extra points, I mean you have what, twenty skills? Many systems have the extra skills your character gets based off their intelligence. Sure you know since your a Fallout fan.

You guys sorta went off on side tracks there.

Food for thought. The RP is still perfectly functional as it is.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:51 pm

Right, I'll be the one dividing up skills, so I'll take all that into account. However, your skills from before the RP and your stats would have to coincide. You can't claim your character ran marathons with a Constitution of one, or is a crack shot with a Dexterity of one And like I said, I'm not holding steadfast to the system if it doesn't work. If your character's stats lean towards, I don't know, Mechanics, but your character also doesn't have arms, then obviously I won't give you a high stat there. I feel giving someone four points to allocate freely would allow them to upset that, given that four points could throw off a stat pretty considerably.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:58 pm

I'll probably just reuse Ivan (Roket) from the first one for this, and maybe someone else. A helicopter pilot would be cool (though last time helicopter pilots had death warrants written on their foreheads).
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:59 pm

I'll be making a mechanic. I'll have to think a bit for her stats tho
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:59 pm

There are considerations to be made, no doubt about it. If four points is too much reduce it. You don't seem to like it, so I'm not going to continue advocating it. Besides all the issues you mentioned I already covered. Decide to make it work, great I think it will the RP better, otherwise throw it out.

Not going to hurt my feelings, and it is after all your RP.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:06 am

Helicopter pilot will have a deliciously difficult time in the first Act, considerably easier after that. Not all of the missions will have air support, however, so you may want to have another niche they can fill (or at least be able to perform decently at something else).

Mechanic, always useful, always useful. I'd suggest Intelligence, Perception, and Dexterity strictly for fixing stuff, but I assume there's other stuff you may want.

Word up, Night.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:13 am

A stealthier character with a silver tongue is what I'm probably going to shoot for.

Last edited by True Night on Wed May 14, 2014 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:13 am

Hm. Then maybe I'll use someone different. I'm definitely using Roket, though (he's an explosives expert, incase you don't remember) though this time, instead of having him use a rocket launcher for his weapon, he'll have a weapon more like an infantry soldier (and will mainly fight like one). But if we come across a bomb or we need to blow something up, he'll be the first to make things go boom.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:18 am

Solid Snake with a less-frightening-to-small-children voice?

Interesting. I can dig up some EOD stuff if that's the angle you're looking for
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:20 am

Lol, something like that. We'll see what I come up with.

So would hacking or otherwise bypassing security be mechanics?

Last edited by True Night on Wed May 14, 2014 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:20 am

-Raises hand- I would like weapon help! (also question, are there tanks in this rp?)
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:22 am

I'm reusing my psychologist/psychiatric and DB was leaning towards a mechanic or pilot/driver person. Hell, if she was feeling extra froggy, she could combine the two. A good pilot and driver takes care of their steed. Speaking of my character, Shade, he's no tactician, but I imagine he would be able to help out think over a couple operations now and again. Especially during diplomatic, espionage, or ransoming missions.

I'm afraid my guy might overshadow yours a little bit, Night. If you go the sniper route, you'd be filling another niche since you'll be a far better shot than Baron. My character might not be a ninja in terms of stealth, but a nice suit and fake name tag is all he needs to talk himself into or out of any situation. It might work if you put more points into other attributes like strength, dexterity and constitution if you want more of an assassiny character, but it would cut into your charisma pretty badly. If you want to keep it, it would cut into your other stats.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:22 am

That would be helpful Shade. Petrov is Russian (obviously) so if you happen to come across any info about Russian bomb squads, let me know.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:25 am

Alright, then I might go off towards being more of a stealthy killer. Knife or rifle, I have yet to decide.

In all likelihood I will wait for some sheets and build mine around them since this is a team based RP.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:30 am

Your best bet for weapons, if you want to go that route, are two handguns due to their light weight and easy maneuverability and probably two knives on your person.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:30 am

Well I don't think this is happening for a few weeks, so you might want to hold off on sheet-making. I'm writing mine now, but that's because I need some sort of break from studying for my AP US exam tomorrow and everyone here knows I'm ADHD when it comes to rps.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:31 am

/highfives Maxx Im taking it tomorrow too!
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:34 am

Coolio!
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:28 am

Hacking would probably be an ad-hoc skill. For example, if you suddenly decided to try and cook meth, that's not really a skill on the sheet, but it's one in real life (support your local artists, folks). I'd look at the corresponding attributes and your character's description-in this case, I'd check Intelligence and Perception or something and then come up with appropriate numbers.

I like researching weapons so I'm more than happy to help. What were you thinking of, in terms of weaponry? A lot of drivers use the P90, because it's small, reliable, and fairly lightweight. You could have one on a sling over your back and still carry whatever tools you needed. That's just the first thing that came to mind-if you're looking for something more specific, I can help you find it.

As far as tanks go, hmm. I haven't thought of a specific instance with a tank, and given the Dreadnaughts preference of striking quickly and then leaving, a tank would seem contrary to their modus operandi. You may encounter an enemy tank, but I'd say the Dreadnaughts would prefer more mobile Humvees or APCs to a tank-tank.

An extensive knowledge of psychology and how people tick would probably be invaluable in terms of planning. Tactics is kinda flexible-it can apply to spur-of-the-moment plans or the long-term ones thought up in the war room.

Looking it up now, but the first results are videos of a Ruskie blowing himself up in the process of defusing a bomb. If I can't find anything Russian specific, I'm sure most American techniques/gear carries over, more or less. I want this to be a realistic RP, but none of us are in the military, so a little artistic license on the small stuff is fine with me.

Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:36 am

Alright, then my character might have a little in that department.

EDIT: Eh, maybe I'll be a medic.

Last edited by True Night on Wed May 14, 2014 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 2:21 am

Yeah that's what I got too Shade. I'll probably wing it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 12:48 am

So the hierarchy pretty much goes squad members > squad leaders > and the big man Belroth himself, right? Will we be all start off as squad members or will we be able to arrange ourselves as we want?

I also imagine that some mercs will have more experience than others and that Belroth might put more trust and faith in some men and woman more than others. Will some of our characters be more closely linked than the others?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 12:59 am

I actually had that same question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)   The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Reckoning Of Lesser Men: Last Chance For Submissions (not really, but do it anyways)
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next