Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

.:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.

Go down 
+2
FlowerFox
ViperaUnion
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

.:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 11:40 pm

It recently occurred to me that Wordsmiths don't necessarily have to tell their OCs that they created them and put them in a bad place for fun. Heck, they probably wouldn't, knowing that they'd hate them if they did. However, this might cause some problems, judging from the rules...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 12:39 am

Well, the way it can wind up, if you think it's possible to avoid the character interaction, is that you cause events where it's absolutely impossible to go without it. I have already mentioned having Yggsshaa spawn kill characters, which would force the Wordsmith to revive them, since it's within their power to do so. You would then probably have to explain things to them, just because they might go insane if you didn't. I can't help but think that if you say you wrote their story, though, they'll logically come to their own conclusion that you're responsible for their troubles.

...besides, without the interaction, it would defeat the purpose of the RP.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 1:39 am

I'm not saying to go without interaction. I'm saying that there are ways for the Wordsmiths to get around explaining that they caused their OCs' problems. For example, an OC gets killed by an Yggshaw. Wordsmith brings that OC back to life, and then says to them that they brought them back to life because they don't want them to die, and they can do it because they are like gods in the OCs' world.

Though I can see now how that explanation can seem vague and how OCs can ask more pressing questions they may force the Wordsmiths into admitting they wrote their story.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 2:03 am

"Oh? I guess bringing you back to life was a mistake in itself. Excuse me while I correct that mistake." -Op
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 2:24 am

TheⓍperator wrote:
ViperaUnion wrote:
That would depend, Op. I started refining the concept of what the Yggsshaa were when I decided to give a shot at drawing horrors from weird fiction, since I had these charcoal pencils and needed to do something with them. As it turns out, charcoal is perfect for drawing them, and I've already got three Yggsshaa you will meet or at least hear weaker ones mention in the future.

Spoiler:

Dragon-arachnid-crocodile thing whose head splits into thirds to reveal a smaller head when it wants to be intimidating.
That first one is Destroyah from Godzilla. Please.

Maxx wrote:
The Yggsshaa remind me more of this:

.:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 Eldritch_abom_9170

No matter. Deal me in.
And that is Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. An Eldrazi from Magic: The Gathering. My goodness, you people, it's like you're just picking pictures off Google!
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 2:56 am

Lieo wrote:

That first one is Destroyah from Godzilla. Please.

You act like I claimed it to be something of my own, or something it wasnt? It's not hard to see it's Destroyah. Destroyah is LITERALLY IN THE LINK. I get the nitpicking to an extent, but c'mon Lieo, you can do better than THAT.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 3:01 am

No, no, your character is literally Destroyah with an alligator face. That's like 4th grade creativity there, it speaks for itself.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 3:33 am

I know it's uncreative. We've established this. Razz

No, Vipera, this isnt arguing at all. Just friendly banter and jabs.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 3:43 am

Alright, then, as long as you're not arguing.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 11:30 am

TheⓍperator wrote:
I know it's uncreative. We've established this. Razz

No, Vipera, this isnt arguing at all. Just friendly banter and jabs.
Considering one of my Wordsmith's forms is a lilac-point siamese nyan cat...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 1:39 am

Is anyone still considering joining this RP?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 1:51 am

I think they are, I still need to make my normal character. I'm just busy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 am

People, I just want everyone to know I have not lost interest in doing this RP, and if anyone still wants to do it, I am still looking for people to submit sheets.

If the story does not succeed, I will turn it into a regular story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.   .:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

.:}{The Fourth Barrier (OOC)}{:.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2