Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pride Days (OOC)

Go down 
+4
MataRahi
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Derkal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Lol, excellent! I can't wait to see it, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 4:27 am

Okay, just checking in, we're not going too far in our fight scenes, are we? We always tend to get into really bad spots when they happen. I'm wondering how the good guys are going to survive the battle with Kavis right now.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 4:40 am

Well Kavis is wearing down, all by himself, despite the power Dalmaa feeds him.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Well, I guess so, he's technically just ignoring his injuries, they're still doing physical harm to him.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:06 pm

I'll get a post in tonight.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:59 pm

Yay!

Also, Dark, I was going to mention something to you via PM. It doesn't have anything to deal with Pride Days, though.

At any rate, the story is probably going to get really surreal in the Dream Field. I was going to ask also if I can do a thing where Kyra's memories become an illusion that everyone can see, and they're forced to walk through them. Would that be okay?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 10:37 pm

That would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 4:32 am

Well, I have a tendency to obsessively research things that interest me. Most of it is mythology and fantasy creatures. During one of my sprees, I came across a monster called an Aziza. Though they are small little people with good purposes. I found this ironic, especially since it's also part of African mythology:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziza_(African_mythology)
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Mythical creatures are very entertaining, some of the things that you find.

At any rate, my mind just came up with another idea for a character romance, and it would be pretty entertaining and almost comical, I think. It would also move away a bit from the typical relationships we've been working on so far. I kind of got this idea when I saw where people have started making stories like it. It would be a good experiment, since a lot of my character ideas are kind of tested in Pride Days.

My idea is that we should maybe attempt to do a gender-swap sort of romance, and I do, in fact, have a female character in the works that could be changed somewhat fit that role, since she's already sort of fitting it. The idea behind it is that we have a male and female character, who identify and usually behave as male and female, respectively, but in the actual romance (When the two characters are around each other), the female usually takes up a more masculine role, and the male takes on the one that would normally be seen as feminine. That means the female is usually the guardian and protector, and often they are the first to initiate any sort of contact or conversation with the male. The male, likewise, tends to be the one who is defended, approached, and acts as support for the protector. Usually, the only thing that has to be done in order for something like this to happen is that the female is stronger than the male in some form or fashion, although I've seen where they actually made the female a bit more logical and composed, while the male tended to be the one who was emotional, and got flustered or upset over things.

This is something I've seen someone successfully pull off, and it was extremely entertaining, yet it never seemed awkward or uncomfortable, because the characters retained their respective gender identity throughout the whole story. It would have to be your call if we did the romance, though. I'm already making a somewhat masculine female character, regardless. It would be a unique new take on things, and it would force both of us out of our comfort zones, a bit. You would have to make a male lion, though, but he could probably show up at any point and time, since the nature of the plot allows random characters to enter the story.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 7:43 pm

That sounds very interesting. I would love to do that Very Happy. I'll come up with a character soon. I'm also working on the female you requested from me, which is going well. So I do think these next coming plots will really stand out from the previous in PD and add a lot more color.

Also, I may change the name of Jali's son. "Kadei" sounds too much like "Kadir" in my opinion. I'm not sure what it'll be, but I'm going to change it. It was only mentioned in one post anyways, so it's not a huge shift.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Alright, then, I look forward to it. I'll be interesting to try and make an aggressive female character, considering I'm not really inclined to writing in that fashion.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 8:43 pm

Great. I should also mentioned, Kyra shouldn't have been able to see those visions in my last post. It only applied to Var. But in time, everyone will receive visions like that.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 8:48 pm

She didn't see any visions, but she's gotten used to Dalmaa, enough where she can really sense his presence. My idea is that she can feel his power increasing in the field, and she knows he's going to try something.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 5:23 am

Sorry I haven't been posting Vipera, I've been really busy IRL and also have a lot of stuff to do in RG. I'll try to get something in tomorrow, if I can.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:29 pm

No problem, Dark. I've been pretty busy, too.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:51 am

Ok so what you're seeing now is Kavis randomly going crazy and getting sick and then suddenly getting better again and then relapsing and vice versa. This has a certain symbolic meaning that you'll get once we start the plot with Kavis and the female we pair him with. Just thought I'd clear that up so that it doesn't seem weird. You'll notice that at times he seems desperate and other times he just feels like walking out, and going away, as if walking away from the situation completely. Unfortunately for him, Dalmaa has a way of following him.

But just so you know, Kavis will continue to reject the offers to join their pride until later. He's technically still filled with Dalmaa's spirit, so he often thinks like Dalmaa. And Dalmaa's nasty sympathy tricks also lie within Kavis, mind you Very Happy. Overall, Kavis won't truly have an actual personality until after the Talon scenes, because that's when Dalmaa's soul is removed from him and he can be free once more.

But this does remind me about the upcoming plots. How's the work with that female character been going, Vipera? I've been working on a few characters you've requested from me. So far, I've got a couple good personality outlines but I'm still refining the details. I'm trying to really mix some stuff in these new characters that we've never tried before.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 5:17 am

I don't actually make character sheets for Pride Days anymore, or write stuff down. I kind of just envision the character in my head and create a mental template, and I don't come up with names for the most part until their introduction is closer.

Overall, I'm envisioning a kind of creepy hoodlum sort of female for Kavis. She'd be distinguishable because she'd retain a lot of spots on her pelt around the upper part of her body, which is normally lost when a cub grows up, and they'd look sort of like brownish smudges. I also envision her having slightly darker fur around the eyes, and a sharp, defined bone structure above the eyes that gives them a deeper-set appearance, casting a shadow over them, and thus making them suspicious. Haven't figured out eye color, but I'm thinking, just for the fun of representing her personality, that she'd have eyes that are similar in color, but upon closer examination are visibly different (Sort of like if someone has eyes that are brown, but one eye is dark, and the other is light in color).

I kind of imagine her as being cool, collected, and relaxed, with a somewhat sarcastic, deadpan, or dark/morbid sense of humor. She might be a bit teasing, too, whenever she happens to encounter the younger lions, since some of the cubs are running around already, and she might just joke around with them, but wind up frightening them by pure accident. She might get annoyed by people that act too happy for what she considers to make sense, or she might be repelled by the way certain people approach her, and thus treat them with the same suspicious looks they give her, although she doesn't have hostile intentions. I don't intend for her to be stupid, though. I intend for her to be pretty wise and clever, and not because she knows people, but just because she has an irritatingly accurate ability to judge something about a person based on what she figures out by observing their personality, which takes very little time, and therefore she can accurately guess what someone is thinking, even if they just met her.

In a nutshell, this lioness will wind up hated because she's a mind-reader, and something about her cool, laid-back, and sarcastic manner just rubs people the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 5:58 am

Nice! I like it!

I myself don't make sheets for PD, however I am an obsessive note taker, which is an instinct I've gotten having been planning for novels for so many years. This is basically practice for me, for when I start that career. So far it seems promising Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 2:52 am

I just remembered that I missed a detail. The lioness I'm making for Kavis, based off of what she can tell about the personality of others, is going to call everyone by nicknames. I checked to make sure that these nicknames could actually happen, so don't worry if it doesn't sound like something that you would find in Africa, because they are. In essence, she's giving people nicknames based on what animal totem they would represent based on their personality and key defining traits. The nicknames will often strike others as odd, and perhaps insulting for some, but if you look past it, you'll see that they're actually good-natured, and that they are trying to be true to the character's personality.

These are the nicknames I've come up with. Please note that I can change them to something with less meaning, such as alluding to physical traits, but I was very careful in assigning the nicknames. I want it to key in with how my character is wise in comparing the characters to the animals she calls them by. It can lead to good character development later, because someone will eventually be curious enough to ask why she gives people these nicknames in the first place.

Kavis- Dragonfly

Gamba- Fox

Jali- Frog

Sira- Giraffe

Kakra- Eagle

Atsu- Heron

Omari- Falcon

Kyra- Turtle

Mabel- Porcupine

Shebla- Butterfly

Magir- Lizard

Var- Wolf

Shadow- Vulture

Coglon- Thylacine

Ramla- Bat

The names are like this for a reason, and the theme will occur with all notable characters, if you don't mind me doing it. None of these names are intended to be insults, because they are picked based on the positive traits of each character.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 3:13 am

I like them! Very interesting, I like them a lot. They're pretty fitting too.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Okay, so I'm thinking we should probably go ahead and get out of the Dream Field and start with the next part of the story. It's kind of starting to drag out for longer than we want it to.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 3:30 am

We haven't really been in the Dream Field long. :/ it's only been a few posts. I hadn't even gotten to introduce the rabid wolves yet.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 1:52 am

Gah, maybe it's the long spacing between posts, or something. I'm having less and less time to actually look at what happens on the forum, because of IRL work.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:05 am

It's fine. I need to post anyways. I've been extremely busy too.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:17 am

Well, I don't blame you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pride Days (OOC)
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17