Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:27 am

Kyra growled defiantly, feeling the sting of venom in her shoulder, but somehow, not collapsing from it. There was a warmness, flowing out from her heart, knocking away the chill of the rain and the cold that seemed to radiate from Snake and her foes. The magical markings she had been given grew visible again, and this time, something else appeared with them. The silhouette of a spirit slowly came forward, so heavily cloaked by whatever fog shrouded it that nobody could clearly determine what it was. In none of the Prophesies, be it the Wicked Prophesy or the Prophesy of Hope, had this spirit been known to appear. It was a Branching, something that none had expected, and nobody knew who this spirit was, or even what it was. However, one thing was clear, for only the most ancient of spirits, long forgotten, even by other spirits, were so greatly faded and enigmatic. This one was old, older than the spirits of Nakul, Naja, and Pono, from a time before the existence of lions, or the modern snake, or bats. Fiery heat came from it, the red and gold-hued mists making it look as though it were a rising sun, even in the rain. It filled Kyra with energy, and snakes about Kyra fled from the warmth, something that they would have normally sought out, filled the small reptiles with terror. It was something so ancient that one trembled, to oppose it.

The spirit was vague, but seemed to have some sort of feline shape. But it was too big to be any cat anyone knew, it was larger than Ammon, larger than the largest liger that had ever drawn breath. Its build was strange, the upper part of the body armed with what seemed to be broad shoulders, with powerful limbs. The tail was not long, however, only a bob. The face was hard to read, but the jaws were there, and from what seemed to be the upper jaw, sprouted two gigantic fangs. This was all one could determine, the shape and size, but the rest was just a glowing silhouette, bright and filled with energy, with eyes that glinted like flame, no pupils visible. It stood by Kyra, silently watching, and saying nothing at all, and yet, Kyra felt its presence directed at her, as though it were here for her sake. It was comforting, and past all the struggles, Kyra felt safe inside, because it was with her.

The spirit gave Kyra energy, like the rising power from the core of the earth, so ancient, since the beginning of time, but limitless in potential. Not because of sides, but because of the lioness herself, because she had been a Chosen One in her own way, deemed worthy by this great being. It cared not for prophesies, but for the descendants of its descendants, for the one that mirrored the spirit itself. They were separate, but what this passage was, was somehow clear. Kyra was not merely a lioness, but a reincarnate, one of many lives that this one spirit possessed in an endless cycle. Now, this spirit, the very first in the cycle, gave her the spirit power that surpassed that of Egret, the one that led to her many lives, the cycle that never ended. It gave her power drawn from the heart of the world, the thing that supported all life, and was the battleground of the living and the dead. With the energy, with the gift, and the realization of her past lives, Kyra's appearance changed, once more.

The markings, like feathers, morphed, changing. They turned into a bright, shimmering radiance that alternated between silver and gold, and the red mark over her heart grew, rings of orange, red, and yellow surrounding it, becoming a sun, as a single, yellow-white dot appeared in the center, like the eye of the sun itself watched, or perhaps, the eye of the world. The markings flowed over every inch, filling her with the energy she couldn't understand, or comprehend. She almost collapsed, from it, but then, the Spirit was gone, and she was alone again, yet, she could still feel its presence inside.

She bared her teeth, as the glow began in her fur, making her seem less mortal, and more like a spirit, though she had physical form. "Prophesies don't determine everything, apparently, I know that, now. He wasn't meant to appear, to show me who I was, but he did. You would challenge Kyra, the one Var loves, the silver lioness, but would you challenge Kyra, bearer of the Eye of the Earth? The ancient power that has existed since the beginning of time, the fragment that joined itself to cats, has fallen upon me. Var is no longer the only one who has a Destiny, and a purpose that must be fulfilled." She warned.

And in that moment, a third Prophesy became known.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:40 pm

As Kyra had transformed, Snake only progressed an evil sneer. His lips drew into a wicked smile as his glowing emerald eyes narrowed darkly. He giggled. "Kyra, it doesn't matter how much power you summon. It doesn't matter how many spirits you call upon. You can never vanquish me eternally..." he laughed. "Besides, you are rushing things. You want to fight, rashly and it will only end badly for you..." He cackled. "You might not even care if you die, but how do you think poor Var will feel when he stumbles upon your dead carcass? When he realizes he can no longer be with you. My son is too strong to commit suicide and I know that he would never do that. The two of you will be separated... for a lifetime. So, you might want to think about it before you fight" Snake grinned.

He laughed. "But Kyra since you're so bent on fighting and you insist that all of us are weaker than you and you can easily beat us--why not offer you something more challenging? Someone of your 'level'?" Snake laughed. "As if you even have one..." he mumbled to himself. He turned his head over his left shoulder to look back at the bushes behind him. Suddenly a red light shone from behind the leaves and a pitch black fog poured out and whispered strange things in strange tongues. The fog floated around as if it were living and at times formed small bundles that floated around as though they were coating some living objects. The globs of smoke would spread apart and thin out in time. There was a growl in the bushes that sounded warped and unnatural. Beyond anything that a mortal creature could ever dream of sounding. The whispers grew louder before they finally grew quietter.
Snake looked back at Kyra. "Kyra, I would like you to meet Dalmaa. The one who helped introduce sin into our world..."He giggled. "Or YOUR world, as it is now..." He said licking his lips with his now green forked tongue.

Suddenly a dark shape appeared behind the bushes, in front of the enormous circle of red flames. Two enormous scarlet eyes that glowed like hot coals burning violently could be seen through some of the leaves of the bushes. Its eyes glared at Kyra.

"Kyra... dear daughter of the forest..." a dark voice began. It would be without a doubt, the most frightening voice Kyra would ever hear. It was sinister and eerie. It had just the right amount of softness and slither to it and just the right amount of darkness and violence. The voice started again. "You have wronged me..."

The eyes narrowed violently as a growl unlike any other to exist emitted from the brambles. It was warped, beyond mortal vocalization. It made the ground vibrate and the trees swayed with an eerie wind, slightly violent, that swept by and blew leaves from their tips and all around Kyra. The flowers standing around her began to die as did many nearer to the eyes.

It was obvious Dalmaa was powerful and very secretive. His entire body, all but his eyes, were obscured and smoked out by the black fog and strangely swivelling around like a smoke itself. The eyes almost looked like they were on fire, perhaps they were.

Var got an upset feeling in his stomach. His eyes seemed to light up for a moment, unnaturally. He looked at Zanita and Subira. "We have to go. Something's wrong. I can sense it. Something terrible is happening at the camp! We have to get back immediately! Zanita, meet us there!" Var said as he and Subira both took off into the forest, heading towards the camp.

The orb of red flames in the bushes behind the notorious Dalmaa began to ignite the leaves and turn them to ashes as they blew up to Kyra. Snake giggled. "You might have the powers of wind and water at your side, but will they serve alongside your pride and your companion? No, they won't. Your entire clan will burn alive if you do not settle yourself and listen to reason. Because these are the flames of Dalmaa and they will not go out like any ordinary flame. They will not simply be put out by water." Snake said sternly. A few bats crawled out from under his black mane and fluttered up into the skies, only to turn into ashes and be breathed in by Snake again. "As your father I advice that you listen, dear. You don't want to fight someone like Dalmaa. And it's not very good when you make Dalmaa show himself. Normally he stays into hiding even during the darkest of battles between his forces and his enemies'. This is a very rare and... dangerous occassion. Kyra, abandon this pride. You and your father have a chance to escape. Everyone else... it's too late for them. You must leave Var forever in order to survive." Snake said.

There was a low growl from the bushes. "She won't listen to you, imbecile. She's as arrogant as the ones who raised her. Her and Var's love burns to strongly to be put out by simple threats and the words that speak we will destroy them if she is not to part... A true test must be in order for her to truly leave him" the malevolent Dalmaa spoke. Snake gave the creature a bitter look. He didn't like the insult or the tone and he didn't like how Dalmaa treated him as a lower creature.
"Fine then! What do you suggest?"

There was a dark breathing sound before Dalmaa spoke again. "Var has arrived..." Dalmaa said at the same time as the eyes slithered back into the darkness behind the bushes and were gone. His form had disappeared and the ring of flames behind him slowly died out. Dalmaa had not disappeared in fear, but in eagerness. It looked as though he was slipping away and moving towards Var. It was apparant as a wind swept from the bushes and began to push through Kyra's fur and down into the camp, swirling around.
Snake stepped over to the ledge of the cliff to look at Var as he approached with Subira. Snake's eyes widened to full extent as he saw the girl come in with him. His jaw dropped open. "No..." he spoke. He gritted fangs and looked at Kyra. His claws lit up like metal being put into flames. He grabbed Kyra by the neck.

"This... isn't OVER!" he growled before throwing her across the clearing with one arm. He looked at Subira again. The spirits around the clearing began to vanish and smear into smoke. Snake exploded into a mass of writhing snakes and vipers that slung into the bushes and slithered across the ground. Inevitably they each disappeared in the end, but it was very obvious that Snake's statement was true. The battle between he and Kyra was far from over.

Suddenly a white light appeared behind Kyra and a voice said her name. It turned to her, and began to form from strands of white light and fog. Silver dust and grains of sand poured out from the winds and went into this strange light as it molded into the shape of a white lion whose skin glowed brightly and he had a strange white and silver aura. His eyes were a deep and glowing blue like they'd been dipped in the sea. He opened them and looked at Kyra.

"Kyra, I am Star, former king of this pride. Jali's father. I have come to warn you, the spirits are indeed very angry with my pride. Even the good spirits who are pure and perfect in every way, are scowling at this clan. There are few who may try to help the pride in sympathy or in pure goodness, and there are those among us who will stop at nothing to destroy you all. I was foolish to take the stone. I thought I could help the world. But I am not the chosen one... but neither is Var. Truthfully there is no true chosen one. There are the Chosen Ones... You, Var, and a few others you will meet along the way. When the battle is over, tell Jali I said to take you down into the caverns for something lies there of much importance... and Kyra... I will be with you." he said as he began to fade away.

A huge stone broke next to her and many behind it did the same until a staircase was built that would safely deliver her from the cliff and down into the camp.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on the ground, Zalika began to follow a trail of scent she had discovered. She smelled something odd. As she came to push back a patch of bristles on the ground with her paw, she knew what it was. It was the scent of two creatures--one of which had an odd difference in smell. She smelled pregnancy, the beginning of it. Her eyes narrowed and a wicked smile appeared. She took her claw and marked on a tree next to her a symbol that looked like a diamond with a horizontal line in the middle of it or what a human would call a minus sign. She sneered as she continued on into the nest.

Her dark and musky aura would have leaked to Gamba's nose by then as the wind was carrying and her smell was already quite strong. She whispered to several unseen beings along her sides. Anyone watching her would think she was mad as she whispered out into open air.
Suddenly a cold chill went by and her fur was blown by it. Her scarred lips smiled as she snapped several twigs going about her way.

"What is his name?" she whispered. She wanted to know about the male, the stronger one, first. There was a long, quiet pause. Finally a weak voice barely murmured "...Gamba."

Zalika's eyes widened. The one who slayed Snake... she thought, remembering the horrid story.
"What is her name?" she asked. "...Layla."
"Where are they?"

"You will not find them with difficulty" a weak and weary whisper said. Zalika nodded as she kept stepping forward.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back near the center of the camp, things were only getting worse. The brawl was growing more intense by the moment. Aziza was laughing at Jali as finally she clawed his side and pushed him with a "fist" she formed with her paw, blowing him many meters away into a ditch full of briars.

He simply laid there, feeling as though he were so tired and beaten that he couldn't move a muscle. He'd never seen a lion as strong as Aziza before--no male would ever have her power as he recalled. Only Gamba, Var, or Ammon would have chances of stopping her as they were the strongest people around.
Aziza looked at Var as he had approached. She gave out an enormous roar that stopped everyone who was fighting. Everyone backed away from the center of the camp, leaving a huge clearing and simply.
"Well, well, well, if it isn't the little coward gone to find his sister. What brought you back Var? A sudden burst of courage?" Aziza taunted as she stepped forward.

"Leave this pride Aziza. I stand with spirits. I have met three very wise ones who all blessed me with powers" Var stated proudly.

"You really think you're the only one around here with those powers Var? Practically everyone in Snake's family has been gifted. We are far more so than you I can assure!"
Var snarled. "Do you not know that this is the very place where Snake's downfall took place? Why would you take chances of doubling his defeat? Here we destroyed all of my brothers and my father. If I were you, I'd leave this instant. It could save your lives, all of you."

Aziza laughed hard, almost like a hyena. Nassor did the same. "Did you really belive that ALL of your brothers were destroyed? Haha!"

Var was confused. "What? I watched them die, right here! Or do I have more brothers? More siblings I never knew about?!"

"Oh no Var, you only had three brothers. But are you so sure that all three were killed?" Aziza asked. Var's face looked terrified. "You've got to be kidding..." he said almost to himself.

Aziza stood aside as a mangey, dirty, and scum-filled lion approached from behind. His eyes were green and his face was ravaged by purplish scars that virtually made a mask from his snout all the way down to his shoulders. He was greasey and he had yellow puss coming from his eyes. His mane was full of grease and mange and he stunk of the foullest of smells. Despite his filth, Var knew exactly who he was.
"Nithili... but... but how? I watched you die, right over there!" Var said pointing to the lake.

"Pah! You really think I'd let myself go down so easily?" Nithili spat. "Fall loser to the pathetic king of Sunset Pride? Never. I'd never let myself drown. Never! I've never had the ability to swim, but on that night I did fight that out of me and I made it to shore as I ran away. I also may have recieved help from the spirits because fish from your precious lake were pulling me up to the surface and helping me! Besides, even if I did drown, you all would have continued to have drank out of that lake anyways? Even after a dead body has been plunged into it and shall become rotten and decayed, spilling pathogens everywhere?"

"If you're still alive... then why aren't you the one who they want to complete the prophecy?" asked Var. Aziza frowned. "Nithili is about to die... He is diseased and has mange. However the spirits told us if we do well and Kavis bears many young to a daughter of Snake, Nithili may live and help spread our empire on alongside Kavis himself."

Kavis stepped out from the shadows. Var's heart dropped. He saw the nearly black lion with the reddish eyes look down on him with hate.

Subira stepped forwards. "Wait, you're saying that this is all because you want that male..." she said gesturing to Kavis, "to have cubs with me?" she retorted making a disgusted face and shaking her head. Aziza cracked a long and snakey smile. "Yes dear, he'll make a fine father for your children."

"Absolutely NOT!" Subira roared. Many strange strands of fog flew past Aziza making strange whistling noises as they did so. They almost looked like creatures running by her when they came into the light. Subira got angry. "If you actually think I'd allow myself to become slave to that plan, you are extremely foolish. Your little Kavis will die and be the most wretched of all spirits. Even Dalmaa himself will look good compared to him!"

Aziza scowled. "That is no way to talk about your king!" she shouted. She thought for a moment. "You were not supposed to meet your brother..." she said under her breath. "But you WILL give in to our commands."
Subira swelled with anger in her heart. "No! Never!"

Kavis stepped out in front of Subira and gave a roar. She stepped back next to Var in fear. Kavis looked at her with hatred and fiendish pleasure. "My dear, do not fight. You are but victim to this prophecy as much as I. It would be a pity to see you drown in the darkness that Dalmaa has told us is going to fall upon Sunset Pride. He told us that the darkest hour for them has not even come close yet. They will go through an era of terror and destruction. Eventually they will all die out and be destroyed while my family lives on and spreads throughout Africa." He looked at Var, scowling. "Your brother will stay back and fight like a fool for his people. He too will be drowned out eventually. But that is just nature's way. Do not become a part of his demise, dear one."

Subira looked at Var and then back at Kavis. "No. I will stay with my brother and with his family. And as for you and I... I will kill you myself and watch as you suffer in the afterlife" she growled. Kavis scowled and he looked at Aziza like a troubled son would do in request for help from his mother. She grimaced and stepped down from the rocks to stand in the midst of the meeting.

"Subira!" she shouted. Var's sister turned around. "How do you know my name?" she asked.
"You have much to learn" Aziza replied. "I seriously suggest you listen to your mate."
"He is NOT my mate!" Subira shouted. Var put himself between Aziza and Subira. "Aziza, you and your clan had better leave this place..."
The old liger chuckled. "Or else what?"

"We'll kill all of you" Var replied. She laughed in response. "I'm sorry Var, but look around you! You're outnumbered and we have more spirits on our side, and no amount of Khat will save you this time. This is just the way things have to be. I'm sorry."

Var looked and saw his father standing up next to Nassor. He grimaced, frowning and scowling at his son. It was only a few moments and finally Snake was gone when Var blinked. He felt dazed. He looked at Subira, his sister who looked like him and then back at Aziza. Var pounced, but missed and landed on top of Nassor as he tackled him. Aziza shot forward at Ammon and tackled him as well. She cackled a loud, hoarse laugh and drooled thick globs of yellow onto his fur. "Well hello there whitey" she laughed as she started to rake his face with her claws. The pride shot out again in a battle. However nobody touched Subira. She sat watching the fight, not knowing what to do. Kavis approached her. She growled as a crack formed in the ground between them shooting hot steam up into Kavis's eyes. He backed away and finally turned, disappearing into the shadows.

Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:24 am

Ammon was angered when Aziza clawed up his face, but she had also spelled what was most likely her own death, or at least and injury that might eventually lead to it. Past the blindness caused by blood, he saw a shadow as one claw came forward, and bit deep into it as it came down, crunching down as tightly as possible. He would bite that foot in half, if it was possible, he would make this ligeress pay for harming his daughter. He kicked out with his hind legs, sending them into her sensitive belly, and then slashing to rip her stomach apart, his white fur becoming stained bright red. He twisted around onto his back, rose to his paws, and then bucked his legs again, twisting Aziza off balance, and felt his claws rake along one side of her body. He flung her, sending her a distance away. He braced himself in a battle stance, and growled, having trouble seeing, though one would not think it. His face was clawed up, but that would not stop him from destroying this evil Ligeress. "Leave, everyone else has left, and you are finished, if you stay." He warned.

A staircase appeared in the hill above Jali's cave, and Kyra ran down it, a bright red mark shaped like an eye was emblazoned on her fur, right over her heart. She took a single bound, and flew, landing perfectly on all fours, to stand beside her father, where she turned and snarled at Aziza. She had an ugly burn around her neck, but ignored it, her gaze furious, as a powerful wind started to blow at the ligress, "Leave my dad and Var and my Pride alone, before I tell the forces of wind and water to cut you in half. Maybe they aren't serving the pride, but they serve me, and they'll do as I ask!" As if to prove her point, she formed a blade of wind and water, and took aim at Aziza, "It can't hurt a spirit as much, but it'll seriously hurt you. Then, she twisted, and sent the blade flying, so that it hit Var's opponent, instead of Aziza. Ammon wasn't in immediate danger, but Var was.

Behind her, the sun began to rise over the horizon, and the rain was starting to stop, turning into a fine mist.

Gamba had smelled a terrible scent coming on the air, and instinctively felt that it was dangerous. This was followed by the snapping of twigs, and whispering. He was ready to fight, before the stranger even came into the clearing where he and Layla had been resting. Gamba got between her and Layla, preparing to pounce. "So you have found us," He growled, "Layla, stay behind me." He warned her, before speaking again. "You will stay away from me and my mate, or I'll kill you, make no mistake, I will do it to protect my mate and my cubs." Anyone could smell that Layla was pregnant, now, and he was making clear his intentions.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Aziza looked at Kyra, almost laughing. She stomped her foot onto the ground just before the blade hit Nassor. A crack formed in the ground between the leopon and the blade and a shaft of air came out with hot steam. It boiled the water in the wind so that it was simply a vapor now and the wind that was lef was stopped by a massive stone that shot from the brambles out at it, destroying both it and the blade.
Aziza looked at Kyra, smiling with a tilt to her head. "Dear, you aren't the only one around here with those powers..." Aziza's eyes lit up dark red as she pounded her paws onto the ground. Flames spouted from underneath them, swelling up all around and overtaking the center of the pride. A huge ring of flames formed around Ammon and Kyra and cut everyone off from them. Everyone in the pride had to scatter. The hyena rebels and Snake's family and the Sunset Pride members alike were all shuffled and scattered about the camp. The fire had not reached the dens yet, but was destroying the massive pile of kills and the center of the camp, the huge clearing.

Aziza stepped through the fires like they were nothing and remained unharmed as she stepped into the ring of flames around Kyra and Ammon. She smiled, cackling her old and hoarse voice. "You're both going to die here!" she said as many red marking appeared across her fur. They formed many vertices and angles that simply spelled violence.
She laughed as black markings bordered her now glowing red eyes. Normally her eyes were a slightly reddish amber, but now looked like lava.

Var slung Nassor away, pushing him down a ditch that rolled down a huge slope and into the forest. He had to save his mate. The son of Snake tried to step through the fires like he saw Aziza do before his visibilty of the duel had vanished, but he failed. He ended up with hot and stinging claws. His eyes glowed and he began to shout something of another language. Suddenly many strands of water from the lake shot out and flung themselves at the flames to extinguish them... but they failed. The fires underwent zero change. Var's face was horror-struck. Finally, he roared as loud as he could. It had a force that pushed a hole through the wall of flames for a few seconds--he managed to leap through. Aziza scowled. Somehow her body had grown in height. "VAR! THIS IS NOT YOUR FIGHT!"

"You fight with my family, you fight with me" he bared his fangs. He gave out a loud roar, even louder than the last. Aziza squeezed her eyes closed as her ears throbbed with pain and she let out a sharp scream. Her voice somehow became warped. She pounded her fist on the ground again and suddenly the earth under them began to crack. Huge cracks formed in the ground and the firest began to heat the cracks up making tiny sparks spout from them. Var roared again, making Aziza stagger.

"YOU WRETCHED LITTLE BOY!" she screamed. Finally she roared back and what looked like thousands of black bats formed in the flames and shot out at him, pushing him back against the ground as they bit him and pumped their torturous curse into his bloodstream. But the venom of rabies would not harm him, not now anyways. He was still under the power of the spirits. He roared, swatting the bats away. They formed a black cloud that came next to Aziza and molded together as a thick layer of black smoke pushed from them. They evaportated into this cloud that quickly formed Snake. Snake's fur was black all over. But his mane was the blackest. There were dark stains on the fur under his eyes that looked like tearstains. His eyes blazed jade, the deepest green that Var ever knew and his tail was a long reptile tail with a glowing green rattle on the end of it.

He got into attack position and pounced onto Ammon. He bared his fangs, which were now the fangs of a viper. He began to spew venom from new glands in his mouth, hoping to blind Ammon further.

Var tackled Snake before the venom could hit Ammon's eyes but in return Aziza flipped Var onto his back. She held up a paw, flexing her claws which suddenly lit up with a fiery coating. She raked Var's stomach as he let out the most horrid scream of his life. Both a wretched cut and the seething of burning flesh struck him. She laughed. Var kicked her in the throat. He got up, sucking up his pain and tackled her. He held her head against the ground tightly with his paw. She giggled, chuckled, and let out an insane laugh.
Var began to realize the true evil that had become his blood, his family. He was desperate now to ensure that he took from his mother's side and would not share the dire trait of insanity.

Snake ripped Var off of his helper and slung him across the ground. Aziza and Snake both began to walk towards the three. Flames ignited in their footsteps.

Zalika came into the clearing from the brambles. She seemed calm at first, looking Gamba in the eyes with a bliss look in her eye. She was much younger than Aziza and Nassor, and the rest of the gang--but in her own way was far wiser.

"Gamba... Gamba, Gamba, Gamba. You have missed so much. We barely would have known you were back here at all, had I not searched so thoroughly for hidden dens..." she observed how he was protecting Layla and giggled with her young jaglioness voice. "You don't scare me" she said. Finally things got more sinister. She grew silent and looked at her paws. Then taking a sharp glance up at him she shouted in another tongue the words, "ELIPH SEOLITH!" and something shot out from her sides at Gamba. They were invisible, yet in another way could be seen. They had a strange magenta aura to them as they shot out. They hit Gamba like darts, his side. But they were not powerful enough to cut him open or knock him down. But Zalika was only warming up.

Layla edged away, but getting angry. She tried to supress it, since she knew it may be unhealthy for her pregnancy but at last she looked at Zalika. As if something had possessed her into saying it, Layla spoke the word, "ABOLISH!"

Suddenly many vines from a tree swung down, grabbing Zalika and flinging her back into the bushes. Another figure's voice could be heard. "Layla?! Gamba?!"

It was Fenuku. He gasped as he came upon Zalika's form and he rammed his head into her. She was flung high into the air surprisingly and stumbled back into the large clearing. She got up, dusting herself off and looked at the three as Fenuku entered.

"Who is this?" he asked.
"It is yet another person seeking to kill us!" Layla said as she backed behind Gamba. Fenuku's face turned rotten, so rotten it almost scared Layla.

"...Over my dead body" he growled. With his paw and claws unsheathed, her pounded Zalika in the side of the head with all of the force in his body. The loud pound could have been heard a distance away. Zalika simply fell over sideways with blood dripping from her side. Her vision was blurry for a moment and there was a loud ringing sound in her ears. Before she knew it, Fenuku was biting her side. She shouted and a bright red light shot at his side and flung him up against a tree with so much force it almost broke his spine. He fell down, gathering his wits as he tried to stand. Zalika scrambled to her paws with hatred. She didn't laugh wickedly like the others. She had slightly less insanity... more wisom. But she did giggle.
"It's been a while since I've had a good fight. I enjoy them" she said.

"I can see that" Fenuku noted the horrendous scars on Zalika's lips. She leered. She finally did give out a cackle, but she was simply amused by Fenuku's anger. "If you all were as wise as you thought you were you'd just give up. Surrender your pride over to Snake and the spirits will forgive you The elements of fire, earth, air, and water will not ravage your homelands."

Fenuku did not negotiate, he tried to lunge at her again but stumbled and fell on his face from the pain shooting from his back. Zalika gained pride and looked to Gamba, entering attack position.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:28 am

Ammon snarled, and took a single step forward to face Aziza and Snake. As he did so, his own hidden magical power began to reveal itself. His white pelt gleamed as it started to crackle with sparks, and when he bared his teeth, they dazzled like crystal. His one eye, not blinded by blood, was as dark as the void of night, but was filled with stars that glittered in the flames. "I need no birthright for power that I forged in myself. I was born from no line known for magic, so within my own self I was given the right to the power I possess." The flames of the ring on Ammon, Var, and Kyra's side shimmered and turned pure white, before crackling and emitting a hum, as its energy was beckoned to, and pulled over to the lion's side. The sun rose ever-higher, until it was above the tree tops, and the sky began to turn blue and cloudless, as the next day began.

Ammon fixed his eye on Snake, "I know not when this war is over, but I know that this battle soon will be." He lifted up one great paw, glinting as though made from the purest stone, energy crackling along his claws. "Valeo!" He snarled, in some strange tongue that nobody recognized. Snake had walked too close, and he would pay the price in full. Ammon made a lightning-quick move, and slashed down the spirit's face with claws that were sharper than blades of wind, and harder than any material anyone had ever known existed. As he did so, lightning, the purest form of energy, purer than fire, coursed through Snake, as he was forced over the boundary separating the Spirit world from the Mortal world. Ammon then turned to face Aziza, who was now surrounded from both sides. She was alone, now, for Snake had in one single moment been ripped out of the mortal world, and in such a brutal fashion that even as a spirit, he would have to recover from it. It was a blow that even a spirit would feel, as though it were still mortal, for how strongly it would wound Snake.

Ammon snarled, "Perhaps powers coming from others do not count, but inner power, the strength you find in your own spirit, can be so strong that even those who are no longer alive can be wounded by them. Even as a spirit, Snake will carry the wounds I have dealt him, until they heal, and as the sun rises, the spirit world and the mortal world grow further apart, the longer the gap he must leap to return. Either way, without Snake, without the spirits jumping the gap, you are a fool, for the elements I have do not serve you, they serve only those with enough strength to wield them, and their power cannot be borrowed from others, like water or wind."

Kyra's ears pricked back, and her fur dazzled until, aside from the markings, she had turned pure white, like her father, "Then as the gap between two worlds grow, let the mortal world itself tear apart those that ravage its face." She said. There was a tremor, and suddenly, a spike of stone shot up, right in front of Aziza, so close that it grazed the tip of her nose. "I can bring them closer to you, but that might kill you, and right now, I'm so sick of fighting you that I would rather just make you leave. Jump through the flames, if you like, but Snake is no longer able to help you, and my father is turning them to his side. You may wish to hurry, lest they decide suddenly that they want to burn you. Live to fight another day, because the tide is no longer in your favor."

As she said this, an uproar of more hyenas arriving came, and the black hyena Zanita charged into the Sunset Pride camp, and Nightstone clan members with grey pelts, their fur scented with sweet herbs meant to bring blessings of life from spirits that loved their smell, and another, darker surprise meant for mortals alone. As rogue hyenas tried to bite Nightstone hyenas, this strange, enigmatic clan, they suddenly found themselves falling to the ground, convulsing, before going still, as paralysis began to set in. While stunned, they were killed by those aiding the Sunset Pride.

Gamba was not known for waiting to be attacked, and he did not wait for Zalika to lunge first, either. He moved first, tackling her, and quickly hammered the side of her skull where the jaw connected at an angle, using as much of his famous bone-crushing force as he possibly could, hearing a sickening crack that suggested either a break, or at least a dislocation. She was part Jaguar, and he recognized the scars on her face, and the power that her bite could have. The solution was simple, to keep her from being able to ever use such things. She would either use her claws, or live trying to survive without being able to chew her food. "I'm much more clever than you give me credit, for." Gamba growled, as he moved to one side, so that she could not kick at his belly with her hind legs. Even in the heat of battle, he knew how to defend against defenses. He bared his teeth at her, meeting her eyes, "That was quite the little trick, so would you care to fight me without magic, or illegal technique? Without a jaw, you don't have an unfair advantage, but I want to make sure." His voice was quiet, suggesting calm before a storm.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Aziza had a shocked face when the stone came up. It quickly turned to vile anger upon the upcoming enemies. She smelled their knew scent and noticed the downfall of her allies. Soon she began to giggle.

"You know Ammon... I have just as much power as you do in this area. Egret will not serve her son any longer!" She shouted and the stone in front of her busted into hundreds of shards. The glows that cases both Kyra and her father both died down but were still visible. The flames suddenly sunk back down to the ground and were smoked out. She let the enemies surround her as her family members like Nassor fled into the forest. They had feared the hyenas... But not nearly as much as the other creature in the area.

"You overestimate your powers. All of you. Even Aziza" spoke a voice from the winds.

Aziza nodded and looked to Ammon. "A mortal can have all the help fro the spirits imaginable... And still fail to tear one like Dalmaa from the mortal world. Because the mortal world IS Dalmaa's world. He's been banished from the spirit world!"

Suddenly thousands of bats foaming from the mouthed shot from the trees and burning in the morning sunlight. The sky somehow dimmed without clouds being present. The blue had now shifted to a pale and unsightly gray.

The bats came together and formed into a huge black leopard. But he ha a smokey black aura and it distorted his looks with many waves, shifts, and ripples. Though his eyes never changed, the piercing dark red they'd always been. He was not amused, not even in a wicked way.

He walked forward an Aziza stood to the side, trembling but hiding it well. Dalmaa looked at Ammon and his daughter and his new son and took in a deep breath before continuing. As he exhaled, the grass not yet dead from singing died and the leaves amongst the trees began to wilt.

"Before you attack me and end up with results you will regret, I advise you to listen to what I have to say..." he began. Var stepped out in front of Ammon an Kyra and gave the monster an approving nod.

"Those who do not listen surely as well be torn from this world. When the spirits give you an omen, consider that it is for a reason. All of you have abused the spirit powers on this night, something they will hate you for. Even their chosen ones broke this law..."

Dalmaa tried to approach Kyra to intimidate her, but Var moved between them an gave the creature a stern buck with his shoulder. Upon Dalmaa's contact with Var, it sent a pulse through his body and burnt some of his skin. Singing away the fur o the particular spot.

Dalmaa simply glared at him. "Get out of my way"

With the slash of one of Dalmaa's menacingly long claws, Var was flung several meters away. His entire body stung and he almost felt paralyzed from Dalmaa's power.

The monster looked at Kyra. "You and your father have done me a great favor tonight. You fought my forces with magic and rendered your chances of gaining favor I the eyes of the ancient spirits very low. Now I call my forces to retreat... As you have fulfilled my goals for one battle" he said giving a moment's glance to Aziza. She took off with the remaining rebels into the forest. Now Dalmaa looked at the three and seemed to slightly smile, but due to his distorted and nearly visible form it was almost impossible to make out.

"I do think you have not taken me much into consideration. But remember, when a spirit--one as powerful as I--tells you something... It is wise to follow it... Until another day, Kyra..." Dalmaa said. He glared at Ammon for a brief second, sending an eye's death threat and glaring at Var who was squealing on the ground. He spat on the fallen lion, burning a bit of skin an fur on his back and then Dalmaa was gone.., his body had vanished as though the win had swept it away.

Zalika was still on the ground, but she could smell her friends retreating. She also sensed that much of the spirit power in the area had left. Only a small portion remained and she uses it all.

Weeds shot out from beside Gamba and pulled him off her, at the same time she attempted to heal her broken jaw. It worked, but she'd have a pain for several weeks in her mouth. She ran off far from his reach and looked back.

"You're lucky we're retreating, otherwise you'd be carrion! I'll be back, and by Snake I'll kill you!" She shouted before leaping off into the woods and catching up with her family. As she ran she recalled the markings she'd scratched into the tree just outside Gamba and Layla's den.

Fenuku made his way to stand and looked at them. "Are the both of you alright?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:00 am

Gamba looked at Fenuku, "I am fine, it will take more than a few plants to harm me, and for that I am grateful. I do not like spirit magic being used as a weapon, some are blessed with it by spirits, and some are born with an ability that was given by fate itself. Regardless, to use any of it as a weapon destroys the balance of the world, it does not matter if it is used for good or evil. Trees are not meant to walk, and the rain was not meant to be halted. I broke her jaw to prove as much, and next time she returns, she will break her own promises, because she has sworn an oath that she will not keep by the use of magic, and cannot keep through mortal fighting. Magic, I believe, was meant to make the world a better place, not to settle some silly feud." He said. The tiglon flicked an ear, "What I wish to know is if you are alright, she hurt you quite badly." He said. Considering he had just fought a magical opponent without using any powers, Gamba's concern was surprising, to say the least.

He then looked at Layla, "And what about you, are you alright, Layla?" He asked. Gamba was still extremely worried about his mate. The whole reason they had come out here for privacy was for the sake of keeping her from the concerns of the rest of the Pride. A normal lioness pregnancy could handle that stress, but second-generation hybrids were like fragile eggs in a nest. Too much stress could endanger them, and somehow the conflict had still found the two of them. Endangering the cubs also endangered Layla, for if she were to lose the cubs, it would have terrible effects on her health. He did not want to lose her, for she was in his mind's eye like a bird in a turtle's shell. She was stronger than she thought she was, but until she realized it, she could not stretch out her wings and truly fly. He wanted her to fly, but she had to have confidence in herself. She was still in need of encouragement, but one day, Gamba hoped she would know that even without one to urge her to go on, she was strong.

Kyra and her father stood side by side, staring after where Dalmaa had gone, silent for a long time, until all the enemies had fled away, and the sun returned. After the long, painful time was done, Ammon sighed deeply, and spoke, "Though I hate to concede anything to my foes, the spirit speaks the truth." He said. "I was blinded by anger, and used my own power to rip Snake out of the mortal world, for a time. Though I see justification in what I did, to use my spirit energy to threaten a mortal was foolish of me. Let spirit magic fight spirits, and let mortals fight mortals, that is how it should be. I regret that the world itself must suffer for all of us who are lost in our own conflicts." He flicked his tail, and the glittering sparks in his eyes faded until they were the hard, unforgiving stones they typically were. "Regardless, this much I do know, they will have no favor from the ancient spirits, either, for they, too, have abused their powers, as much as we. May even the spirits who oppose us have the fear of not knowing, let Fate itself make fair this fight, because mortals were meant to fight with teeth and claws, not the elements. All of us, both sides, are mistaken in doing such things. May I never use my power in anger, ever again." Ammon's voice had gone cold, and his claws dug into the ground briefly, before he sheathed them.

The white lion began to walk away, and Kyra flattened her ears, "Father, please, we need help." He turned and looked to see that she was standing over Var, looking desperate. She again pleaded, "He's really hurt." She said.

Ammon flicked his tail, "My powers came from a source I do not know, and some of yours came from my mother, Egret. However, your true powers did not come from the spirit world, but the Earth itself. The separation of the mortal and physical worlds does not completely eliminate your abilities, the ones you were meant to use for the right purpose. The Eye of the World's heart is not a weapon, and thus you hurt the Earth by using it to attack Aziza. The Eye was meant to watch over the planet, to protect and balance nature with the power it gives to the incarnate it chooses. You must now reconcile with the Eye, show it that you understand that it is a tool of healing, not destruction. You have the power to help him. Look, and see that it has not abandoned you."

Kyra looked down, to see that a white eye-like marking remained on her fur over her heart, though it lacked the blazing, fiery look it had possessed when she was fighting. "You have that power, it is the true power that fate has given you, so I will trust that after our lesson, we will have learned to use our abilities wisely. You were chosen for something aside from this quarrel with spirits. You were chosen by an ancient spirit that left the spirit world of its own choice, to go among the mortals and live on in them, a spirit that became one with the world. The Earth has great potential for violence, but it is never to be used by you." Ammon warned.

He then turned again, and started to walk away, but on the next step, he faltered, and collapsed, as though his power had been drained away, and left him drained. The stress of what he had done to Snake, because it had been power that had not been gifted by a spirit, had affected him physically. It had weakened him badly, and even though the worst of his wounds were claw marks across his face and front left by Aziza, he felt terribly ill. The last thing he saw before blacking out was the wildcat Mabel, who padded up to him and shook her head. Around her neck she wore a shed snakeskin, taken from one of the many serpents that had slithered in during the battle. The skin was perfectly intact, and a dark shade of black that Ammon recognized as belonging one of the most venomous snakes of all. The head of the snake swallowed the tail, so that the skin was tied around Mabel's neck. A symbol known for magical properties, Ammon's last conscious thought was that it seemed to belong.

Mabel looked at the unconscious white lion, and sighed, "Ah, inner power is more reliable, but it comes with high cost. Banishing spirits to any world takes much power, and as it was not gifted, he has overexerted himself using his own strength." She looked over at Var and Kyra, the snakeskin she wore still moist, and thus not making any sort of dry rustling. It did not crumble in the least. "He will be fine, but he will be very weak, and though his wounds will heal, he will not have the strength to hunt and care for himself. We will have to force him to stay here, in the Sunset Pride. My, this will be difficult, he hates depending on anyone but himself. Now, how to get everyone into the medical den." She sat back on her haunches and looked around, flicking her tail, arthritic leg stretched out. She was surprisingly mild-mannered, considering that there were many injured lions and hyenas about the area.

Coglon had wandered into the woods, stalking a hyena that had wandered too far, but he had lost it. Growling, he was forced to give up the chase, and turned to go back to the Sunset Pride. He suddenly found himself faced with a strange figure, a gigantic black lion, not as big as Ammon, but still abnormally large, with glittering dark eyes that were such a deep shade of brown they were almost black. He was hard to make out where they were, for the foliage was dark and obscured much of the sun. Coglon coiled back, uncharacteristically frightened, when normally he felt no emotion at all. "Who are you?" He hissed, trying to look threatening, a difficult task when he was surprised.

The strange lion said nothing, but he did breathe deeply, and then sigh, a faint sound floating on the released breath. He must have had a deep, raspy voice to produce such a sound, but regardless, Coglon could not be sure unless the stranger spoke. "Are you going to hurt me?" Coglon asked, shrinking even more, somehow unnerved by the lack of sound. The black lion gave a barely notable shake of his head. He then snorted softly through his nose, and made a motion with his front paw, telling the tiny lion before him to go on. "What...? You want to go to the Sunset Pride with me?" The lion gave a barely perceptible nod.

Coglon's hackles raised, as he was nervous, but as he flicked his tail, he nodded in reply, "Alright, then..." He said slowly, unsure of what else he was supposed to do. With this, he set to heading back to the Pride, the stranger in tow. As they entered a place where more sun filtered through the trees, he saw that the lion's fur was clean, yet extremely matted and tangled, as though he kept out dirt and leaves, but was relatively poor with grooming. Around the lion's legs and abdomen vines were twined in such a way that it was apparent they were worn on purpose. Scars dotted the fur that was visible between the woven vines, and these scars looked like symbols or runes, ones he did not recognize. The lion himself smelled like sweet herbs, similar to a medicine cat, or one who knew the magical properties of herbs. The entire time they walked, the stranger said nothing.

They arrived at camp to the aftermath of the battle, and Coglon stared, waiting for someone to notice him and the stranger. The black lion, seeming to understand this, sat back on his haunches, and flicked his tail slowly, surveying the scene. How could anyone go so long around someone else without speaking?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Var was aching and growing into a state of loss of his consciousness. But he fought it and remained awake. He looked up at Kyra with tears beginning to form.

"I'm... I'm sorry I left you" he choked out.

Jali crawled his way out of the ditch, having witnessed what happened. "I will help take him to the medical den. The severely wounded ones will be treated first in the medical den. Others should just remain in their dens until such time as we can treat them. Where are my other two medicals?" Jali asked. Shebla sat at the entrance to the royal cave, up on the hill. Having heard her summon, she left Ramla to the care of Sira and began to walk down to the gathering. The older male lion, Kamuzu came out from the bushes where he had been hiding. His incredible age and early-life wounds rendered him unable to fight. The two gathered next to Mabel.

Jali looked around. He pointed to the ones most severely wounded as they began to carry them to the medical den. Jali thought for a moment, looking at last to Taru.

"We may need to form a second medical den. It may help speed things substantially. Gather the warriors who remain virtually unharmed and have them scout the area for enemies lingering around" he said. His brother nodded and went to gather the remnant.

Those whom were dead were picked up and placed in neat rows in the center if the camp. There were five in all. Two males and three females. One of the females was only a teenager. Their families mourned over them. They would be buried later that day. People were yelling and snarling at Magir, and clawin her--calling her a spy. She begged for mercy and told them she had nothing to do with the attack, finally being dragged to the royal cave for a word with the king when he eventually came.

It was about this time that Jali spotted Coglon and the stranger lion. He approached with his claws ready in case this stranger was an opponent. His eyes gave obvious distrust. He stalked up the clearing and finally in front of them.

"You! Who are you? Why are you here? And Coglon, what are you doing with him?" Jali asked. He noted the difference of this lion and thought on it.

Layla nodded. "I'm fine" she said. "Dad, are you okay?"

Fenuku looked a bit beaten and dazed, but he nodded. "I'm alright. But that doesn't matter..." He said pondering the moment. "I care about my daughter--and her mate... More than I do myself."

Fenuku smelled something strange. Something like freshly cut wood and he knew it wasn't a good sign. He limped into a group of trees, eyeing then. He saw on one of them the symbol that Zalika had carved. His eyes widened with shock.

"Gamba, you may want to look at this..." He said pointing to it. Upon touching it he felt a vibrating sensation in the tree under his paw. It made his toes feel terribly numb upon touch.

"This look like a curse marking. Normally you could just scratch one and the spell would wear off, but this one feels too powerful. It will take the destruction of the tree itself..." He said eyeing the tree. It wasn't too thick, but it would take some force to completely snap--unless they somehow burnt it.

"If a lightning strikes the tree, the spell will wear off... Or if we snap it. Until then you both might want to visit Ramla. She can give you a repellant... That jagilon is smart. She placed this here in case she failed."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 12:35 am

Gamba's ears flattened, and he bared his teeth, "Curses, Zanita has always told me something about curses, and I will heed her advice. One who leaves a curse will also be cursed by fate, because it is a bargain with the universe and the future itself, and something must be traded for it to work. We can suppress the curse, but regardless, she has sealed her own fate, for all our stories end in the same way, in death, she will die someday, and when she does, fate will punish her." He turned to Layla, "In the meantime, we must leave and stay in the pride until the mark is suppressed or destroyed. A curse mark by where our cubs play is an ill omen indeed." He turned to Fenuku, "Let's go." Then, he looked back at his mate, "Layla, stay close to me, for I sense something strange lies back at the pride, though if good or bad, I cannot say." He warned.

Together, they set off to walking back to the pride.

The black lion said nothing, and his tail wrapped around him so that the tuft was between his front paws, revealing that the vine was, by some strange means, alive. The parts twined around his torso and legs were older, and therefore wooden in appearance, but he could walk, because inside the plant was green. Around his tail, the tendrils were newer, and wrapped about it in an almost artistic fashion, having a bright green coloration. On the very tip of his tuft, the vine was covered with leaves, making the stranger seem almost as if he were one with the plant. It was alive, and he was alive, so the plant produced no groan of protest or snapping when he moved. Although the stranger's eyes glittered with kindness, he did nothing to respond to Jali's question. His manner, though, suggested that he was not frightened by Jali's behavior, nor that he had bad intentions. He simply spoke nothing at all, and, after a moment, flicked his tail in a gesture towards Mabel.

Mabel looked up at the commotion, and upon seeing that Jali had spoken harshly to the stranger, hissed angrily, paying no heed if her actions were disrespectful to the king, or not. "Jali, though I see nothing wrong with your suspicion of strangers, you should look upon that black lion and see that he cannot answer you even if he wished to do so!" She said the words sharply, before softening her voice. "Jali, he is a Mganga Kubwa, a Great Healer, one who works with the ancient ways of healing and magic. He has been led here for whatever purpose I cannot say, as he is guided by the blind hand of fate. However, what skill and wisdom he possesses comes at a cost, for at birth his tongue was cut out, to rob him of pride or opinions that would blind him to the truth." Her voice grew harsh again, "Jali, he is mute, and violence is not his way, for if it was, the vine that he cares for would wither and die. Have sympathy, for he cannot even tell you his name."

Coglon looked up at the Healer, surprised, but also believing what Mabel had said. Indeed, that vine was not dead, and he had shown it to Jali to prove that he had no hostile intentions. It also made sense, that his tongue was missing, for if one looked closely, they could tell. It took the black lion a bit more effort to swallow, and his communication was wordless, he had not once opened his mouth to speak, perhaps to hide that there was nothing but a stump where his tongue should have been. His fur was not ragged because he was ill, or did not care, but because he could not properly groom himself without his tongue. "If you don't have a name, should we call you something else?" He asked. The black lion looked at him, and Coglon felt as though those eyes saw everything within the depths of his soul. Didn't Jali or Mabel feel it? The power that this stranger had?

The black lion flicked his tail, and placed a paw on the ground, drawing out a symbol in the dirt. Mabel slowly walked over and looked at it. "He has given us a title to call him by. This symbol is Umbra. His name that we may call him by is Shadow."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Jali looked at Mabel angrily for a moment. "Do you honestly think I would have known ANY of that? Spirit recognition and magic is the department of the local Seeress, Ramla. Not the king! And how could I not have been suspicious and violent? Did you not see the horde that just raided this place? Do you not clearly see the wounds they inflicted on my people, the wounds you seek to heal?" He then tried to calm himself.

"Forgive me... Shadow. I was not aware."

Shebla approached. "Jali, are you alright?" She asked as she saw the king's aggravation and stress.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but I've had a very bad day. Mabel, you and Shebla watch over things. The healer may do as he has come to do and I will respect that... I have to clear my thoughts..." The king said as he began to walk towards the lake, near a silent part where nobody was.

Layla and Gamba had both emerged from the trees. They were given many stares and glances from not being seen for a long time. Save for Gamba's trips to get food.

"Gamba, Layla, thank goodness! We were getting worried!" spoke Taru as they walked past the group of warriors.

The cubs and mothers had just been released from the cave, leaving it empty except for Sira and Ramla and Magir inside.

They walked in, Layla gasping to the sight of Magir beaten an bloody on the ground. "Oh my... Are you alright miss?" She asked. Magir coughed a hoarse, angry cough before lookin back at them. Her eyes seemed greatly angry and also filled with sorrow.

"I'm fine dear. You seem to be the only one that cares though..." Magir said.

"What happened here?" Layla asked.

"SHE'S what happened here" Sira's angry voice spoke out from the side of the room. She approached them. Layla was surprised, seeing it was obvious Sira's pregnancy had greatly progressed.

"This mongrel lead those monsters here! She came into our camp begging to join us, and she left a scent trail that was easy for them to follow!"

Layla tried to help out the old lady. "It's pretty windy out... Are you sure Sira?"

"Oh please! She smells like she went rolling in a bunch of carrion soaked in dung and urine! You could have a wind as powerful as the spirts come in here and you could still smell her a mile away!" Sira said.

"Sira, are you sure you should be pushing all this stress on yourself right now? Maybe if you calm down..." Layla said, making sure she herself was calm.

Sira flicked an ear annoyed but then seemed to calm herself. She sighed. "I'm sorry Layla. But as you can see, Jali and I aren't in the best of moods right now. It's very hard being a king or queen, especially in these moments... Now we're in an entirely new war... Speaking of which, I have to find a crew of people to search for Queen Scar" she began.

"Yes" spoke another voice from the shadows. A male hyena came out from a place in the room nobody would notice. "Please help me find my mate and our cubs... I can't live without them."

Sira nodded. "We'll do our best Feth... But we don't have many soldiers to spare. Normally I'd send Gamba or Var... But Gamba is busy caring for his mate and Var is in the worst peril of his life. I still need to speak to him later, he and Kyra both."

"Sira, we need to talk to Ramla about something urgent" Layla said.

Ramla's ears pricked up. She stood from her laying position and walked forward. She was blind, but she could still see shapes and outlines, and light.

She saw their shapes and stopped in front of them, but she looked in a direction she only guessed was the destination of their faces. "What is it?"

"Our den was cursed. A jagilon came and marked a symbol on it. My dad said it was a curse?"

"Your father would know a lot about those things..." Ramla said looking down. Layla was confused. "Why?"

Ramla thought for a moment. "Dear, you're pregnant an it's not my place to give you those kinds of family secrets. Later, when your pregnancy is more stable, ask him about it... Now the jagilon... Was it wielding magic?"

Layla nodded, but then recalled that Ramla was blind. "Yes. She attacked my father fiercely."

"Your father... Was this creature Zalika?" Asked Ramla. "Yes" said Layla.

Ramla's face looked grave and sorrowful. "The symbol, describe it."

"It was a diamond with a dash in the middle" said Layla. Ramla identified it immediately, without hesitation.

"That is the Chaos Sorrow Curse. It sends dark spirits to attack the victim, ruin their lives, and bring bad luck... It also creates infertility, miscarriage, and still birth to pregnant mothers--how... How long we're you around it?" Ramla said getting worried.

"Just a few minutes" said Layla. Ramla looked relieved. "Good. It takes a few hours of exposure to fully set in in most cases. But just in case... You both should stay here until we can get the mark destroyed."

"But my dad's still back there!" Layla pleaded. Ramla shook her head. "He will have to come out of there on his own. Until this matter is taken care of, we must forbid people from going back there. I also have something to help you" Ramla said. She walked over to the wall, feeling with her tail for it. Finally she scratched a circle into it and from the ring a strange water dripped from it.

"Drink this liquid, it will repel the curse" she said.

-------------------------

Var stood up, regaining his strength as he felt Kyra's power already beginning to swell inside of him. He looked at her, gathering a smile as he got the feeling that everything would be okay.

"I'm not exactly sure how to say this Kyra... But I realized overnight I've had feelings for you. An you found that out of course, my dead-dad and his crazy army had to break the news to you. I much rather would have liked to tell you myself. But I suppose that's what you get for going along with your father so long without protesting his ways..." He thought.

"Kyra, what do you say?" He looked up at her. His deep emerald eyes looked like they were glowing, the sunlight lit them up so beautifully. They looked like deep pools of green.

Far from the territories of Sunset Pride, in a dark and muggy dead and rotting forest, Aziza gathered her many followers. She stood on a high rock overlooking the hyena rebels and the depraved hybrids driven to insanity. She roared angrily.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!?" She shouted. "You call that a fight? You hyenas were terrible in that fight! I was certain we would have won!"

A voice slithered from the trees. "Perhaps it was meant not to be won. Calm yourself Aziza, for this is only the beginning of this feud. Where is my heir?"

Kavis stepped up to the rock, Aziza moving to the side. "I am here, master." He looked down at the rest of the clan.

"We must capture Subira, the daughter of Snake and bring her to the Badlands, where we shall fulfill the prophecy and establish Snake's Dynasty. We shall name our pride, Moon Pride. For it was by Full Moon that we all met. We shall attack again--but later and more fiercely. We shall not strike their camp, but their lands... Without food to hunt or water to drink, it will become as useless as their old Kenyan lands!"

The hyenas let out shouts of eagerness. Kavis smiled. The shadowy one looked at them with a wicked smile.

"For now we have our spies in the skies above, watching every move of our enemies..."

Zalika came out from the shadows. Aziza was shocked to see her wounded and approached her, asking her what happened. Upon explanation, Zalika told her about Gamba, the one who had also broke Snake's paw.

"He likes to break bones eh?" Aziza whispered, to keep from interrupting Kavis's speech. "We'll give him a taste of his own poison... Kavis is famous for snapping bones" Aziza said recalling all the moments Kavis had snapped open dead animal skulls and bones with his paws merely out of boredom.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 1:10 am

Gamba walked over to the ring, before turning to Layla, and nodding, letting her drink some of the strange curse-repelling water first. He then drank some himself, to ensure that he would not also fall victim. Inwardly, he was filled with a strange anger, one that seemed separate from his mate and his cubs, or even his mortal body as a whole. Somehow, his spiritual self, the part that would never be broken or destroyed by any force, was angered by the casting of the curse mark. Zanita had always told Gamba that one was not meant to use spirit magic for foul purposes, and that those who would would be punished by the universe and fate for the ill deed. There was a natural order to things, and Gamba had already deep down accepted that he would never be prepared for it, but someday he would die, just like all his ancestors before him, and all of those he knew and loved. Either in battle, of old age, or sickness, he could only hope that it was swift, painless, and peaceful, and not prolonged torment in the end.

He turned to Layla, "We must stay here, until that curse mark is removed, but regardless, we need no cause to have fear or worry, no matter how dangerous our foes are. They have abused the power of spirits, and thus, fate will punish them for what they have done. Spirit magic was not meant to be a weapon, but a tool of healing." He said. He then looked at Magir, and he caught her gaze and held it for a brief moment. In his amber eyes there was a flash of something that perhaps the old lioness had not expected to see: sympathy and concern. "Those that regret the past deserve a chance to change, though if they do, the road to redemption is not easy." He said, before breaking eye contact. Although vague to others, Magir alone would know the words were meant for her.

He looked back to Layla, "Let's go check on our den, and see if we can fix it up, it would have fallen slightly into neglect over our absence."

Kyra flicked her tail, her blue eyes lighting up, "Yes, I will stay with you to the end, no matter how crazy everything is. I chose you, and my mind is set." She answered. Inwardly, she was glad, because when she had been trying to fix Var, she had little clue of what she was doing. She guessed her power must have had a mind of its own, because of its own accord it had started to heal him. Perhaps her father was right, that her power wasn't meant to be a weapon, but a device for healing. If that was the case, then she was inwardly somewhat worried. Her foes didn't care if they used magic, even if it caused them to fall from the favor of spirits. They just wanted to drag the Sunset Pride down with them. At the same time, it almost made sense, they had at least one spirit who was trapped in the mortal world and didn't care what the other spirits thought, either way.

Zanita, hearing this with her incredible Hyena hearing, walked over to the two of them. "Well, I guess I knew you two would be mates, when I first saw you together. I'll give you my blessing, regardless of the chaotic spirit energies that surround this pride and now you as individuals, Var has a good heart in the right place." She turned to him, "This means something else, for now, while one branch of your family may have grown from wicked roots, you have another that clings tightly to the old ways, at least, a part of it does. I am happy to be called your great aunt." She said, giving them a nod of approval. Her ears then flattened, "However, you must be very careful, for now that you have given vows, your fates are forever tied together. You have opposed both the will of mortals and powerful spirits alike. However, I can give you this much advice, never again use your powers as weapons solely to hurt other mortals. The use of spirit power is only justified if it is used to achieve an honorable means, and though I hate to shatter anyone's faith, spirits have just as many flaws as most mortals do, in regards to moral values. Snake may be a spirit, but he retains the same personality he did as a mortal, and even the stronger spirit that seeks to destroy you is not an all-knowing, all-powerful thing, though he may seek to convince you of it, and terrify you with the strength he possesses. You must learn to wisely use your powers, for though your fighting with them may have caused you to fall from the favor of the most ancient and wise of spirits, you are not beyond redemption."

Zanita was then interrupted by Mabel, who cut in, from where she was still standing next to an unconscious Ammon, along with Shebla. "So you're saying it's not just any spirits in general that we want the favor of?" She asked, flicking her tail.

The hyena leader looked over at the wildcat, "Few spirits that were once mortal are truly wise, Mabel. The force that put stars in the sky and created the world knows all things, and it is always present, though many have forgotten that it was once there. You wear a powerful magical symbol around your neck, the symbol for eternity, you should know these things." She looked at the black lion standing off to the side, covered in vines and scars, and rendered mute for the cause he was meant to serve, "Shadow knows." She said. Zanita then turned back to Kyra and Var, "We must leave, my hyenas were not severely harmed in the fight, and we have trained people back home. We cannot stay and be in the way."

With this, she called for her hyenas, and together they all left the camp, leaving the lions to tend to their wounded.

Shadow watched the exchange, and upon hearing Zanita speak his name, slowly followed her with his eyes until she vanished from sight. Everything about the healer's movements was steady and even, a strange, eerie grace that many noted was unusual for a lion as large, for he almost rivaled Ammon in size. However, while the aura that seemed to surround the white lion's presence had been tense, unnerving, and a good deal threatening, Shadow's was the exact opposite. The energy about him was calm, serene, and peaceful, as though nothing about the scene of all the wounded and deceased could disturb him. His deep brown eyes were like pools, ripples reflecting light on the surface, but somehow having depth that none could fathom. Those eyes seemed to not simply see, or look past, but look deep into the heart of whatever they focused on.

The lion slowly raised a paw, revealing that an intricate rune had been carved into the pad, a scar that would have been painful while healing, and difficult to preserve without damaging. It had a slightly brand-like appearance, as though the flesh had been scorched. Shadow splayed the toes of the paw as much as he could without unsheathing his claws as a result, before lowering it back down onto the ground. He closed his eyes, and breathed in deeply, before letting out the breath, and slowly moving his paw over the ground in front of him, as though he were feeling blindly for something there. A moment, he opened his eyes, and narrowed them, though the expression was not unreadable, there was something like recognition on his face. He had found something, but what, none could say.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Layla looked at her mate nervously. "Alright, but how are we supposed to take that thing down?"

---------------------------

Var's wounds began to heal. He felt them slowly vanish. Finally he stood feeling rather triumphant and healthy but at the same time horrified.

He smiled to Kyra. "I am so glad to know that." He looked to Zanita. "Thank you Zanita. We would love that."

Finally he turned to Kyra again and gave a look to Subira who was standing in watch. "Kyra, I have someone I'd like you to meet. This is my sister, Subira. Who I didn't even know existed until today."

Subira smiled. She seemed like the shy type. She gave little words. Var looked to her. "Subira, this is my mate, Kyra."

"Hello, Kyra" Subira said. "I'm Var's sister as he said. Glad I finally found this place."

Var began to think. "I wanted to ask you, what's happened to you? What were you doing before you got here?"

Subira had a sorrowful shade of emotion to her face. "It was Dalmaa. He watched over me when I was a cub and at times I felt like I could hear him speaking to me. All of the other cubs were afraid of me and thought I was crazy when they heard me having a conversation with someone who wasn't really there... He brought my pride to ruin by a flood that wiped everyone out. Those that didn't drown were eaten by dragons that came up with the water. Me and my mother escaped. Some of my sisters did as well... But I never found out what happened to them. So after that Dalmaa did something to my mother... He latched thousands of dark spirits to her an she grew into something dark... She was gone. I was taken to a place Dalmaa had prepared for me. A place called the Dream Field. It was a place I could never leave. It tricked me with hallucinations I faced by every hour. It was a soothing place at first. But then it grew pale on me. I kept learning that things weren't as they seemed. The good characters that Dalmaa had formed in my visions soon turned... Dark."

"I was released a moon ago. The spirits guided me here... And now I stand before you."

Var thought for a moment. "It's all our father's fault." She nodded.

"Dalmaa told me about Snake. He also told me about how you saved my life Var... When I was too helpless to do anything about it."

He looked at his paws, finally able to recall that dreadful night. "Yes... Well, I will need to rest. I have zero doubt in my mind that there will be another battle very soon. Kyra, you should get your share of rest as well. For we will both need as much of it a we can possibly gain." With that he began walking toward his den, slipping inside it.

------------------------------

Thousands of dark shapes flung across the ground in the crimson morning sky. They frightened the camp of cheetahs below. The leader was standing boldly on a rock looking daringly at the swarm of death promising vultures landing all around. Some in branches, some on the ground. A huge one, four times the size of a normal one landed. It was definitely not natural. It had huge red eyes and a silvery beak stained with blood. It stalked forward.

"King Moral" it darkly screeched. "Aziza call for your clan. You must fight with Moon Pride and keep the promise you made to her long ago..." It said.

"I knew the time had come when I saw you approaching in the horizon... But why now? I have heard a thousand stories about what's been going on in Sunset Pride, but none of that affects my clan. Why should I fight?" Moral asked.

"It has everything to do with your clan! We're talking about the spirits. They will determine the future of these lands through the war that is about to unfold. Come to the war or the ear will come to you!"

Moral thought for a moment, fearing Aziza in his mind. "I heard that you lost."

"Moon Pride only lost because Zanita and her clan showed up unexpectedly. We need as many allies as Subset Pride. Plus, Dalmaa wanted us to lose the first round. The first round never counted. It's what's to come that really matters... But anyways, you DID promise Aziza"

Moral made a decision. "Fine. But when this is over I expect the clans to go their separate ways again!"

"Very well... Your brother Seduki will also be coming in. Goodbye." After that, the vultures took off into the skies.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Gamba flicked his tail, "You misunderstand me, Layla, we are not going back near that curse mark. Fenuku is still there, but he must choose himself when he wants to leave. We have dens here at camp, and though we wanted a more private place for our cubs to be born in, it seems we have no choice but to stay here, now. We will see how our dens have fared during our absence, and stay in them. I will keep you company at all times, I fear that though I was trying to keep us from being pulled into the spiritual disturbances, they found us, either way." He looked around at the injured being brought to the medical den, "There is something strange here, though I cannot place it." He said. "A powerful force, regardless, though it does not appear to have any alignment at all." The tiglon had long ago thought he had gotten a small amount of intuition from Zanita regarding the spirits. It was a strange thing, and it wasn't explainable, either.

Kyra flicked her tail, looking after Var as he left, and then padded up to Subira, "I'm glad to meet you, Subira, and happy to have you as a sister." Her eyes glimmered like a sparkling river. She then looked around at the chaos remaining from the battle, "I just wish it hadn't been such circumstances when you had to come here. Spirits walking among mortals, I will never think of Spirits as distant things ever again." She said.

Shadow flicked his ear, and looked across the camp at the tiglon and the lioness with him, who seemed worried. There was a radiance in the aura about the two, and judging by the smell, the lioness was pregnant. There was the fading echoes of weak exposure to a dangerous curse, but it was not enough to take hold, and so it had no effect. Shadow noted that the energies swirling around the lioness were more powerful than just an average pregnancy. There would be cubs, and when they were born, they would likely have special abilities, gifted by chance. Shadow didn't know yet what was happening, but he could see that something in the future would occur, not linked to events that were current. It would swirl around the cubs, and the energy also trailed away, into the distance, connected to someone else very far away. What did this mean?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Layla nodded. She began thinking for a moment. As they were leaving the cave, she turned her head over her shoulder to look at the Seeress standing in its entrance. "Ramla" she spoke. The blind lioness looked up towards the sound.

"Yes dear?" She asked.

"Could... Could you tell me anything about my pregnancy?" She asked. Ramona's eyes closed before opening again with a gaze that seemed to hold an answer.

"Giving too much of the future angers the spirits. But I can tell you that you will have a safe pregnancy and your children will be greatly gifted... And they will play a major role in all of this..." She said. At that she turned away, following what shapes she could see and turning to the darkness of the cave.

Magir looked at Gamba and Layla and sensed the love and care between the two. She then glanced at her paws solemnly as it had reminded her of the times before. She crawled into the dark to sleep on her thoughts and to recover from the inflictions she had received.

"Indeed" Subira sighed. "But I look at the positives. At least they retreated. At least I got out of Dalmaa's prison at all." She flicked her tail. "I'm glad to meet you. But we can talk later. Everyone needs their rest. And I need to go speak to the queen. I'll see you later" she said as she padded off towards the cave, passing Shadow as she did so. She gave a quick glance to him, recognizing some of the markings on him. Afterwards she continued on.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Kyra nodded as Subira left to go speak with Sira, her tail flicking slowly. She then looked around, and saw that Mabel, along with others, was now trying to transport Ammon to the medicine den. His right eye looked bad, and there was a chance that if the wound was deep enough, it would be blind. She padded over, now worried about her adoptive father, "Is his eye going to be alright?" She asked, alarmed. She didn't want him to be blind in one eye. Although Kyra knew she was guilty of pride, she knew her father was far more egocentric and selfish than she was. Although he had opened up on many occasions and done good things, to be blinded in one eye would be very bad, and Kyra was concerned.

Mabel looked at Kyra, "The claw marks are deep, and it looks like one cut the eyeball. He will likely not regain sight in his right eye, chances are it is damaged." Kyra opened her mouth to speak, but Mabel cut her off, "Kyra, your spirit magic gives you the ability to heal injuries, but it is not a miracle cure. You could only accelerate the healing, and it would not restore his eye." She said. She tilted her head to one side, "You must not heal too many at one time, it will drain your strength, and after the battle, you will overexert yourself if you continue like this." The old wildcat said, sitting back on her haunches, arthritic leg stretched out. "I wish I could say I had a cure, but I do not. Damage such as a cut into the eye is a more severe case. If it were a scrape on the surface, it would be possible, but this is a deeper one."

At this, Shadow slowly got up from his sitting position, and strode over, the living vine twined around his body not making a single sound as he moved. He approached the still-unconscious white lion, and everyone instinctively stepped back to give the almost equally-large black lion space to work. The air seemed to become charged with energy, the kind that made everyone feel that they were about to witness a miracle. Shadow came in front of Ammon, and raised up his right paw, placing it on the injured eye, just the faintest sweet smell of healing herbs coming from his fur, though it was not at all related to the vine he wore. He opened his mouth slightly, revealing the absence of a tongue, responsible for his inability to speak. He gave a small, whisper-like growl, and pulled his paw away to reveal that Ammon's wound was, by whatever means, gone. There was no scar, and there was no cut on his eye, it was as though he had never been injured in the first place.

Shadow then stepped back, allowing everyone to try to lift the atlas lion again. He turned and proceeded to walk away, passing Layla and Gamba as he went. As he did so, the tiglon and the black lion stopped, and looked at each other. Gamba tilted his head to one side, his tail flicking, "You are a Great Healer, so ancient powers have awakened, with this fight?" He asked, questioningly. He knew he would receive no answer, however, for a Great Healer was made to be mute from the moment of birth. Shadow simply stared at Gamba with dark, unreadable eyes, and then looked over at Layla, before his gaze returned to the tiglon. His tail flicked, and he tilted his head to one side, as though claiming he did not have to answer the question. He already knew the answer, there was no need to ask Shadow. Coglon padded up, flicking his tail, trying to figure out who Shadow was, exactly, as his actions were difficult to understand without speech. Shadow flicked his tail, and stretched out a paw, using a toe to draw three lines in the dirt. One was a bit further from the other two, and over it, he drew a swerving line. He then circled all three lines and the symbol, and drew swirling spirals around the image. He then stopped, and flicked his tail, before continuing to walk away.

Coglon walked up to the symbol, and stared at it, he looked at Shadow, who was walking away, and then at Layla and Gamba. The tiglon walked over to the picture, and looked at it, his snout crinkling with some sort of realization. "It seems that he agrees with Ramla, though I do not quite understand what this image means."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 12:13 am

Layla tilted her head as she looked at the markings. She had little knowledge of spirits or magic. Practically zero. "I... I don't know what this means either. Gamba, what do you think?" She asked. "If it is in agreement with Ramla, it must have something to do with our cubs."

Subira passed them, giving a shy glance. As she and Layla made eye contact, she looked away. She kept going until she was in the cave.

"Um, is Queen Sira anywhere in here?" Subira asked.

"Yes. What do you need? And who are you?" Asked Sira.

Subira looked at the queen with a bit of fear. "I am Var's sister, Subira. I would just like to ask you, would it be alright if I joined your pride? I know I just got here, but now King Kavis and Dalmaa are after me. They will stop at nothing to find me and fulfill the prophecy. I am also a good hunter and have some knowledge of the spirits. I could be of use to you."

Sira nodded. "You may stay. Family of Var's is family of ours--" she cut herself off realizing what she had just said. "Err, at least in your case" she smiled. Subira chuckled.

"My dad was quite the pain. You have every right to hate him."

-------------------------------

Kavis was laying down in the darkness of his enormous den. The den was full of piles of bones and carcasses. Many of which were mauled and broken into many fragments.

Aziza was pacing back and forth within the clearing, impatient. "How can we just sit here like this? How? We have so much to do, so much."

"Be patient" Kavis mumbled, barely awake.

"Your true love is out there, her mind being poisoned by the enemy! If they corrupt her far enough she'll never fall for you!"

Kavis clutched part of a jackal skull in his paw. "In time, they'll all fall." He snapped the skull with the spreading of his massive toes.

"Not like that!" Aziza said. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to send some vultures to watch over them. I'll go tell Zalika--Oh, wait, I remember. I needed to tell you something" Aziza said shaking him awake.

"What?" Kavis asked.

"The tiglon who is responsible for Snake's death is still at large. The one who spread the curse of Khat, and killed the innocent. He seems to like to snap bones. He broke Snake's arm when he was still alive. He attacked Zalika and broke her jaw. Luckily she was able to heal herself in time. We need to show him how that feels. You're famous for your ability to snap stuff so easily. Break his neck or something. And make him suffer. In our next attack, bring me his body... Got it?"

"Yes." Kavis said.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 1:17 am

Coglon looked down at the drawing Shadow had made, and squinted at it, hard, before something clicked in his head. "I think I might know what it means." He said. He stretched out one of his soft, remarkably small paws, and pointed at the three lines. "These three lines represent cubs, I think. It looks like you'll have three of them." He flicked his tail wildly, "But two of them are closer together, and the third is further away. The two being closer together could mean they're more attached to one another as siblings, or it could mean something different entirely." He went over and pointed at the third, "This one being further away means it's separate from the other two, though I don't really know how. The symbol above it has several different meanings, I'm not sure which one, though. It can mean this cub is being watched over by something powerful, but it can also mean that it's sheltered from something. That symbol can mean either power, or safety and security. In this case, for all we know, it could be both. I don't see the security aspect, of it, though, because it looks like a lot of events are going to center around all three of them." Coglon stopped rambling, and flattened his ears, sitting back on his haunches abruptly, "I think Shadow is trying to say that the ancient magic is waking up, and it's all going to swirl around them." He looked up at Layla, almost embarrassed, though he didn't know why, "Mabel told me that Great Healers can see the energy swirling around in the world, sort of like an aura. She says that if a lot of aura swirls around unborn creatures, they wind up being born with special powers, because it affects them in the womb."

He flicked his tail, and looked back down at the symbol again, "I don't understand this, all I know is that Great Healers make predictions based on what they see in front of them. Mabel told me that spirits can't see anything in the future or in prophesies about Great Healers, either, because the magic around them is so strong. Their ancestors are all mute, so their future is a mystery to everyone, except for the force that created the universe. Great Healers usually wander aimlessly until some sort of powerful disturbance in the aura draws them to the source. Their sole purpose, from what I can tell, is to ensure that there is some sort of balance, among the chaos. Mabel told me that sometimes Great Healers would stay near a pride for many moons, seeing an entire generation pass, and then suddenly vanish. They don't have any sort of loyalty that binds them."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 11:58 pm

Layla's eyes widened, ears pricking up. She looked from the symbol to her mate. "I... I had no idea. I wonder what kind of gifts the spirits could grant them... What do you think Gamba?"

Var was sound asleep by now. He was laying down peacefully in his own den. His mane blowed peacefully in the slow moving breeze. His flank moved up and down with his breath. He was dreaming... and dreaming deeply.

He was standing in the middle of a forest. A forest that was thick with the night. The stars were bright above his head. The moon was enormous and for some reason it's size seemed to place emphasis on it. He came next to a creek where he saw a lion sipping from the waters. As its head reared he recognized it. A long scar down his right eye, a thick black mane an piercing green eyes. Snake padded down into the bed of the creek where it was simply rocks with a centimeter of water running over them. He arose on the other side, standing in front of his son.

"Son..." Snake said.

"Father..." Var replied.

"What will it take?" Snake asked. "I am dead. You got what you wanted. And Var... I know I'm a terrible person. I know I'm not right in the head and I know about insanity. We are enlightened of every last thing when we die. Spirits know almost everything. Even the darker spirits are wise, even the most foolish spirits are extremely intelligent..."

"I am not about to forgive you" Var said.

"I would have thought so... But I would like you to know that even though I hate you with all my heart... I still love you. You are my son, and nothing can change that..." Snake said.

"Why are you suddenly saying this? Have I threatened your forces this badly?" asked Var.

"No Var. I will win. You'll see. I'm a spirit. I always win. Just wanted to tell you before you died. The afterlife is... It's quiet. I suppose that's why spirits spend most of their time watching over mortals. But it's always been forbidden to interfere directly. The only one who has ever gotten away with it has been Dalmaa. But that's only because all spirits--even the ones that formed the universe--fear him. They dare not challenge him. Dalmaa is not a normal spirit. He was here before the universe even began..." Snake said.

Var tilted his head. "I thought he died, just like everyone else."

Snake shook his head. "Not exactly. Before the universe was created, there were other universes that the spirits dwelled in. A bit of leftover energy and matter formed into a simple consciousness that evolved into an intelligence. It came down with the birth of a leopard. It quickly became an ultimate evil and after its mortal shell died, it took even more power over the sprit worlds. Now we have Dalmaa..."

"So how are we supposed to fight him?" asked Var. Snake shrugged. "You can't."

Var looked up at the stars. "Where are the brothers?"

"They deserted me... They watch over those who share their pain as mortals... Wretched sons... All of you. Nithili's the only one who's been truly loyal to me."

"It isn't my fault you were a horrible father" said Var. "If you would have been different, that never would have happened."

Snake scowled. "Var, I brought you here to tell you something important."

"Which is?" asked the lion. Snake made a face as though he were angry to speak. "The prophecy is more complex than you know. Too complex for you as a mortal to comprehend. A group of children will be born unto your pride..."

"Gamba and Layla's?" Var asked. Snake shook his head.

"Their children are a part of this group, but are not its entirety. A few others shall be born. If you pay attention, you will see the pregnancies brewing around the pride and realize which mothers will bear this group... As for you and Kyra... I have fear that the prophecy will become true..."

Var thought for a moment. "Which is?"

Snake seemed to crack a grin but suppressed it. "If you continue to love each other, she will die in childbirth. And you will become as insane as I was..."

Var looked at his father. "You're lying..." He said.

A voice seemed to whisper from the bushes. "Don't listen to him"

"Shut up Urathi!" Snake hissed over his shoulder. He looked back at Var, grinning. "I know the future. Pieces and shards at least. And I can tell you that this is true. If you truly love her, you'll set her free and spare her a slow and painful death. Killing both her and whatever cub you may have."

"YOU'RE LYING!" Var shouted. "LEAVE ME!" He roared. Snakes form transformed into a cloud of black smoke that dissipated in the air. Suddenly the trees around Bar began twisting and cracking and emitting strange whispering sounds. More sounds emerged. They sounded like slithering or hissing. He realized it now. They had transformed into enormous snakes. They began shooting out at him. Several caught him, latching onto him and coiling around him. The ground disappeared from under him. He blazed downwards from some height. The next thing he knew, he was awake. He felt like the dream was too real. Like the snakes' voices were still echoing in his head. He tried to tell himself that it wasn't real. But it was as if he could still feel the grip the monsters had around his neck.

Either that, or it was the real snake wrapped around his throat. A thick, black snake with green eyes. It began strangling. Var tried to shout out. He managed to only get fragments out.

"KYR---KY--HELP--HE-K-H" he choke out.

"Silence my son" the snake whispered into his ear.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:05 am

Kyra suddenly heard strangled cries coming from Var's den. It sounded like he was hoarsely screaming for help. She felt her heart start to race, and ran over to the den, to see a large black snake with bright green eyes strangling him. Kyra then felt anger mix with the terror, as by now, black serpents with green eyes represented Var's father, to her. She unsheathed her claws, and growling, struck at the snake where its skull met its body, hearing the bones of its neck crack. It crumbled away from Var's throat, dead, and Kyra dragged the limp corpse off of him, before hissing with stress, and tossing it away into the bushes.

Gamba looked at Layla, "Most powers that get granted from birth are very subtle, and have nothing to deal with spirits, and everything to do with the random magical aura that surrounds us in the mortal world, you almost would just think they were an abnormal strength of the cub, rather than magic, though sometimes it can cause trouble when they communicate with normal people. Zanita told me a story once of how my adoptive great-grandmother was born with the ability to see more colors than a normal hyena. She couldn't describe them to anyone else, because nobody understood those colors, though she invented strange names for each, like Upelu, and Ekula. A lot of people thought she was crazy, until someone who knew a little bit about ancient forces mentioned that she might have been gifted by chance with a wider spectrum of sight. It wasn't always particularly useful, but sometimes if it was night, seeing those extra colors made it where she could see things that would normally be hidden from sight. There are other stories, too, lions that can run fast enough to match the speed of cheetahs, and lions that could lift far more weight than what one would think was physically possible. It isn't like the spirit magic we've been seeing, lately, where they can wield elements, it's more of an actual physical advantage. It's a little less dramatic. There shouldn't be any reason to panic over it, overall, the powers benefit the cubs."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 4:00 am

Var caught his breath and looked up at Kyra. "I don't know what I'd do without you" he said. He seemed troubled, having a stressed face. He looked up at her once more and sat up to look at we with proper eye level.

"Kyra I need to tell you something... I just ha a vision. I don't know what items really, it was an ill-fated omen. My father said there will be a group of children born... It's true, there are already several mothers..." He thought for a moment, counting the ones he knew.

"Then he said... You would be one of those mothers and that you'd die in childbirth. I know, he probably lied... But what if it really is true? I couldn't live with myself if you died that way. Kyra... He's tormenting me. I thought I escaped him when he died, but even when he's dead I am haunted by his personality. Even when he doesn't haunt me I still have nightmares about him on my own. And I will do everything in my power to protect you from him. I never wanted you or anyone else to get involved. This is my family and my fight... But I need help, I need help to hold my sanity..." Var said.

Layla smiled. "Our children will be gifted... I wonder if this means something. What a great gift."

She flicked her tail and finally felt her stomach growling. "I'm hungry. The kill pile was burnt in Aziza's flames... We'd better tell Taru to gather a hunting party," she said.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:32 am

Kyra flicked her tail, and inclined her head slightly, her eyes sparkling like a flowing river, "Var, Snake is not lying, nor is he telling the truth. He is tormenting you because he wants you to fail, no matter how much compassion he tries to show you, he still has the same grain of madness that makes him our enemy, even as a spirit. However, never forget that just because your father was mad, does not mean your mother was. Look at my own dad, he came from a clan filled with mental illness and insanity, but because his mother was fine, he did not inherit the same madness his father had. Your birth mother is a good lioness, don't focus so much on the lineage of your father's side, that you forget the good lineage of your mother's. Var, the spirits told me something important, and that knowledge is truly the only thing right now keeping me from giving into fear, right now. It's the only reason I could stand up to Dalmaa as much as I did." She suddenly had a more serious look on her face, "Var, time is like a river, and it flows and it ebbs, and though it inevitably only takes one path, it has much potential, hundreds, if not thousands or millions of potential futures. Snake is trying to upset you by making you worry about the 'what if's' of the future, and there's so many of them it's ridiculous to worry about it, because unexpected things happen all the time, even most of the spirits don't expect every little thing to happen. The fact is, no lioness is free of the looming threat of death in childbirth, I won't lie to you and say that I would survive it, because the risk is real. However, what I don't want you to forget is that all of us are mortal, and some day, all of us are going to die. We can't keep worrying about it, because we can't always expect it. We just have to accept that that's the way things are, as hard as that is, because it makes us free, in the end."

She then licked his snout affectionately, "Var, even if I were to die, do you think I would want you to hate yourself? Spirits are real, and even in death, I would watch over you, and some day, because such is the fate of all mortals, we would be together again, because I am not immortal, and neither are you. That's what I discovered is so precious, having a life to lose. Var, if I were to die in childbirth, you should not hate yourself, but devote yourself to whatever cubs I bear, because I would be watching over you, guiding you, if possible. I don't want you to hate the memory of me." She then drew a paw over her heart, over the white, eye-shaped mark, "I have you in here, and you have me in your heart, as well."

She then slowly rose back up to her feet, and turned to look at Jali's cave, "Var, I know we need rest, but we can't rest, yet. There is one thing Snake did tell me, that I think he truly meant. He says that beneath Jali's cave is a strange place filled with ancient secrets, and Star appeared before me, too. They both seemed to want me to go down into the cave, but I don't want to do it alone, I can't use my spirit magic for fighting, because it's wrong, and I don't know what's down there." She said, flicking her tail, a tiny glimpse of uncertainty was in her eyes, but there was a flash of will, as well. Kyra was brave, and though she was not fearless, like Ammon, she was truly great, because she stood up, in spite of her fears.

Gamba nodded at Layla, "I agree with you, I can head out and perhaps make a kill, it may be difficult because of the commotion from earlier, but at the same time, most prey is less active after a rain, and easier to catch once you find it." He was about to walk over to where he saw Taru, but then found himself stopped, as though by some tugging pull. He looked over his shoulder, and saw that Shadow had not left the camp. He was sitting near the entrance of Jali and Sira's cave, flicking his tail, with glittering dark eyes. As he was mute, Shadow could say nothing, but it was as though he almost had some sort of ability, to call out to people, it seemed, to tell them from afar that he was trying to get their attention. The lion black lion tilted his head in a knowing way, and notably flicked his tail towards where Kyra and Var were speaking. Gamba looked at them, and then back at Shadow. Shadow's eyelids closed slightly, as though he were surprised that the tiglon was not yet understanding what he was trying to communicate. He then flicked his tail towards Jali, and then motioned with one paw at the mouth of the cave, as though insisting that they go in, but not before speaking to Jali, along with Kyra and Var, for that seemed to be what they were intent on doing, Kyra, at least.

Gamba flicked one ear, trying to understand what Shadow meant by this. The lion finally took in a deep breath, and let it out, like a sigh, before using his paw to draw something again in the dirt. He warped the image on purpose, so that it was longer and wider, so that at a distance, the angle from which Layla and Gamba saw it, the distorted lines would form a perfect picture, but look like nothing close up. The mark looked like an eye, and then, next to the eye, a mark like a stone with swirly zigzags around it, like the sun. then there was another, with a strange rune, with the same zigzags again. Gamba was still confused, but then heard a voice speak up behind him. He whirled around to see that Coglon had managed to walk up without being noticed, again. "I understand that one, perfectly. He is saying Kyra and Var are about to do something, and they are going to ask Jali for something. He says that you will want to watch what they are doing, and you might learn something, or something will come to light." Coglon said, reading the arrangement of images.

Gamba flicked his tail, "I may ask you to follow us around just so we know what he's saying. How is it that you are so quick at translating those pictures and gestures into words? I thought body language wasn't something you understood." He said.

Coglon sat back on his haunches, and tilted his head to one side, "When someone does not speak, and you know they are trying to communicate with you, you find that you actively seek to read their body language, because that is the only way they can send a message. If you want to understand what he is saying, it is not the Healer's fault. He is actually writing and sending very clear messages. It just takes listening and watching closely to understand. A lot of attention to detail is something I understand, I suppose that is why I can so easily read the figures he draws. However, the pictures themselves are simple. It is finding the multiple meanings for each image that makes it difficult, because it is actually possible to look too closely at one detail, and miss the rest." He flicked one tail, "I actually have little idea what I am saying, I feel as though I am spouting a bunch of nonsense."

Gamba held up one paw, "No, it makes perfect sense, what you're saying. We were just in the cave talking to Sira, though, how is it that he wants us to go back in?"

Coglon flicked his tail, and flicked one ear, "How far in did you venture? Perhaps not very far from the mouth, but even at a distance one can see that the cave is far deeper than that."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Var nodded. He clearly knew what she was talking about. "Jali said something like that before the attack. When the stone was mentioned he also said he knew someone who could tell us about it. It's rather strange. We should go. Knowing Aziza she will be quick to retaliate. We must be fast to find answers, before the situation worsens and something else happens. Lets go talk to Jali" he said peeking his head out of the den. "I see him by the lake. Come on" he gestured with a flick of his tail. He led them out near the shore of the massive lake. But then with a silent motion of his paw he gestured for her to wait a moment. He heard the king talking to someone. But who? Himself? His reflection was Var's only guess. He was staring down at his appearance in the water with a sad expression.

"Why father... why have you forsaken me..." he said, lowly so that none would hear him. But Var was standing just a distance behind him, so he heard. The king went on with his mumbling. "I ask you for one answer... the time I need you the most... and nothing. As always your answers are faint, vague and unable for me to understand. But now you leave me in the dark. I am lost. If the spirits are speaking to us so closely now, why can't you simply answer me?"

Suddenly another form came out from the brambles. It was Shebla. She seemed to look sympathetic to the king. She had overheard and sat next to him. She felt the soft, sun-warmed sand beneath her paws. Her toes flexed through it. She noted that her arrival had interupted Jali's thoughts and he wasn't very happy. He had told her he wanted to be alone. But that agravation was mixed with the fear that she might have overheard.

"Jali, it won't be like last night any more... The spirits are still spirits. Things are going to return to normal. We won't likely hear from them again, for a while. There may be a time in the future... but not soon. Last night was very... unnatural. Even the biggest legends we've told our cubs haven't been so intense. And after today it will just be another one of those legends that people barely believe in. Just something for cubs to entertain their imaginations with" she said faintly smiling. Jali looked to her. He nodded solemnly as she continued.
"Your father loved you. But he can't... speak to you. Not vocally, not directly" she said with a comforting flick of the tail. The king replied with a sigh.

"Sometimes I can here his voice though. Since his death, there have sometimes been moments when I hear a soft whisper by the brush of the wind or the stir of the clouds... But when I need him the most... Nothing" Jali said looking back down at his own reflection.

"The world is changing, no doubt" Shebla began again, "but we must accept that we are mortals. We cannot have that kind of relationship with spirits. Ramla said last night was putrid. The boundary between the afterlife and the mortal world was broken--temporarily of course. Things seem to be better now. We are extremely lucky though to have been able to use such power last night. Ramla also said that magic of that power will usually kill the caster on normal occassions. The fact that Var, Kyra, Ammon, and all of those others survived using that type of magic... is... astonishing. Your father no doubt was watching over us all. He may be one of the only spirits left who doesn't hate us... since the stone was placed in our own paws" Shebla said.

"It was wrong of him" said Jali. She nodded.

"Yes, it was. He was very selfish to take the stone. He is not the spirits Chosen One. We will probably never know who it will be, until they actually arrive. But we shall see what time brings. Now, things look bleak. Yes, and I do fear for our pride. We now have many new enemies. An entire clan of rebel hyenas and a group of savage hybrids with immense power. All led by a powerful king groomed by evil and two corrupt and tainted seer hyenas. They're all commanded by a powerful spirit who has been here since the dawn of time" Shebla said shaking her head sadly. "It's bad enough that the spirits are angry with us. I do believe that they pushed the drought in Kenya on us on purpose. As punishment. And I believe that they are beginning to side with Dalmaa and raise him up--some at least. There are a few that still remain rather pure. But the majority of them are siding with Dalmaa and using him as a tool to extinct us. But I also believe that we can repair our broken relationship with the spirits by returning the stone" she added. She looked to her leader as he was still staring at himself.

"You are... very right" Jali said. He took in a deep breath with a wind that blew threw his golden mane. He turned his head to look at the medical lioness. He added with deep emotion, "you look so much like your mother."

Shebla recalled horrible memories all of a sudden, but shook them from her mind. She looked to Jali who was obviously still stressed. She tilted her head to the side. "Jali, why are you out here sighing and crying alone when you could be in your den receiving the warm and affectionate comfort of your mate?"

Jali shook his head, slowly closing his eyes. "Sira is my greatest friend and the one I love the most. And she has comforted me through much and made me feel better. But when it comes to the spirits and to my father, sometimes I just feel as though she doesn't understand. Nobody does. I sometimes wish it had been I who slayed Saber, not Taru. Sometimes I want to see Saber's spirit, like we saw Snake's and I want to scream at him."

"You cannot dwell on those emotions" Shebla commented. "They will consume you." She paused for a moment, letting the words sink in. "Besides" she finally added, "I wouldn't be so quick to wish those things. With all of the spirits roaming around here lately... you may get exactly what you wish for. Personally I'd be more fearful of Saber's spirit than Snake's. Snake has killed many more, but Saber is much more torturous. He threw lions off a cliff into broods of dragons. In my mind, there aren't many deaths more painful. Perhaps fire is worse, but that is the only thing that comes to mind. I'd rather be in the wilderness, diseased and starving than to be ripped apart by hundreds of those monsters after having my body cracked from the impact of that fall..." she shook her head. "But cheer up. Everything will be okay. Aside from this new war, your life is good right now. You have a healthy, happy mate who is about to have your cubs. You have many friends and people who support you. Just think of all of the good things. This pride is already too full of depressed lions! We need someone happy to lighten our days. No doubt we've all gone through darkness to get here, I couldn't think of a single person in our pride today who hasn't been through some harsh times... But that doesn't mean all light is lost."

Jali nodded. "Thank you. I will heed your words" he said. Shebla gave a nod. Between the both of them there was a deep silence. He finally looked to her again. "How is Ammon?"

"He will be doing alright. The healer has repaired his eye, luckily. Without the arrival of that new lion, Shadow, he would have lost all vision in his right eye. Aziza's claws are amazingly long. The longest I've seen in any lioness. She cut him up pretty badly. I sensed something strange between her and Ammon. She had some sort of unconditional hatred for him, but I don't know why. I don't understand why she had such a deep desire to kill him..."

"She is a wicked female. Probably one of the most putrid I have ever met" Jali replied. "What happened between you and her, out in the marshlands that day?"

Shebla sighed. "It was all a blur. But I remember stumbling too deep into her territory. She and her sister were at the time too lazy to renew their scent marks on the borders. They had a small piece of land they shared and hunted in all by themselves. I sniffed out there fresh-kill, found it. They tried to drive me out. But they chased me far past their own borders. I got into a nasty fight with them. See this Scar on my neck?" she added pointing with her toes to the long, purplish scar that was extremely noticable running down from the top of her throat to the beginning of her chest.

"That was from Aziza?" asked Jali.

"Yes. Her claws are extremely... sinister. I fear them. When I hear them unsheathe, my heart trembles. I was so close to death. Her claws had come so close to piercing my throat too deep. Had Kamuzu not saved me, I probably would have bled out. But yeah, Aziza did this. I managed to lead them into a group of elephants. I hid behind a large tree, inside the trunk where the roots had parted. The elephants took the two sisters as a threat. They strayed too far towards their young. They stomped Aziza's sister to her grave. I forget her name. It's been so long. Aziza eventually saw me as I made my retreat. She screamed her taunts, promising to get revenge. She was cut off by the elephants and forced to run away. I ran in the opposite direction, with my cut. I was bleeding terribly. I passed out just outside of the Ridge Pride camp. That's when Kamuzu found me and bound up my wounds. He's the only reason I am sitting next to you today" she said. "I've been asking those among the stars to help him. He's so sickly and old lately. It breaks my heart. I know that... that his time is coming short" she said looking off into the lake. Her ears flattened with a twinge of pain for a moment. Her eyes teared up for an instant but soon dried.

"But at least we have the sudden appearance of so many other medical specialists. I couldn't possibly be a lone medical lioness. It would be overwhelming. I'm so glad Mabel has come, and Shadow too if he plans on staying. I couldn't possibly tend to all of these pregnancies either. Especially after..." Shebla silenced herself immediately. Jali looked at her, his eyes deep with a sudden sorrow and a bit of sympathy.

"Shebla, you can't hold yourself to that. You're one of the best medical lionesses I've seen. You can't constantly live in the shadow of your past mistakes. You failed many times to save people... yes, but you have improved. You have learned. You are much stronger, much better. And I have faith in you."
"But I can't do births anymore. Not after... your aunt" she shuddered. Jali sighed. He looked at her, a bumped her with his shoulder.

"It's alright. Just don't bother yourself with it. I'm sure Mabel would be willing to help with the births of the new cubs. Kamuzu even. He helped with Mira's" said Jali.
"Yes. I know... Anyway, I do want to mention that we need more herbs. Moss will also do nicely. We're all out. We'll need a party of lions to hunt some down" said Shebla.

"Alright. But it will have to wait. We're already sending people to go and get food" he said eyeing Taru's party behind him as they rushed through the trees. He hadn't noticed Var who was standing behind the bushes. Finally everyhing fell silent and Var stepped out to speak.

"Um, your highness" he spoke. Jali turned his body to get a view of the warrior. "I need to speak to you about something very important" he replied.

"What is it?" Jali asked. Shelba seemed equally interested.

"Well, Kyra and I, as you know, have encountered many spirits throughout the night. Many of them have referenced your cave. We think there may be something of importance there. Hidden. Do you know of any such things?" asked Var.

Jali nodded, as though it were an uneasy topic judging by his face. "Yes" he sighed, "the cave has a narrow opening in the back which leads down into a massive chain of caverns that travel deep below the ground. The caverns could not possibly be normal as they are filled with... abnormalities. But I warn you. When I first went down there, admittedly I was very frightened. The walls are filled with strange markings and symbols and there are drawings of a black leopard's face everywhere. Some of them of a black leopard's full body. I know what they reference now. But the fact that they are there still scares me. I was at first afraid to allow Sira and I to sleep in the cave, but Ramla assured me it was alright. But she refused to go down into the caverns, so I do not know what the markings mean... You have dealt with spirits, you may be able to know what it means. I'd expect Coglon to know some of the symbols as well. He made the calender over there" Jali said pointing with a tail flick to the calender in the ground.

"Go and gather Gamba. Layla may want to stay here with Sira. But I know that the tiglon will be of use to us. He is very smart. Wiser than most of us. He is the sole reason we killed Snake in the first place. Without him, undeniably we still would have won... but it would have been much trickier knowing Snake's advanced stealth and swiftness" Jali said. "Shebla, I think you would be of service."

"Indeed" Shebla said. "As can Var's sister, I do believe."

"Yes. Subira has advanced knowledge about Dalmaa. It would aid us greatly. She should come" Var replied.
"Very well. Var, Kyra, you two go around and gather those individuals and anyone else you think should come. Shebla, come with me. We'll go explain this to Sira and Taru and have them watch over things until we get back" the king said as he and Shebla began to walk up the camp again, stepping over the ashes from Aziza's flames in the center.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Kyra nodded, "Yes, sir." She said, before nodding at Var, and rushing over to where she saw Layla, Coglon and Gamba at the far side of the camp. "Var and I just spoke to Jali, we're going to go down into the labyrinth inside his cave. There's going to be a lot of magic symbols and writings, it sounds like." She looked between the tiglon and the small lion, "Gamba, Coglon, we want you two to come down with us, you might be able to make more sense of the writings than we could." She said. She flicked her tail, "We don't know much yet, but apparently it has something to deal with Dalmaa, there are drawings of him all over the cavern walls. It might help us figure out what we need to do to get the spirit's favor back, and maybe a way to stop Dalmaa." She looked between the two of them, her tail flicking wildly, but her eyes having a serious glimmer in them that suggested she wasn't excited, but wary of what she would encounter.

Gamba slowly nodded, "Very well, but perhaps we should bring him, as well?" He nodded over at Shadow, sitting back on his haunches next to the cave, still watching them with his dark, unreadable gaze. "He seems to know much of magic, and even more about the universe than most, and he was drawn here by something. Perhaps it is the fact that laws were broken, or perhaps it is the disturbances, maybe even the future brought him here. I am not sure, but I think we should perhaps bring him with us."

Coglon flicked his tail, "I might as well come along, regardless if Shadow comes or not, I can read various symbols and their meanings, and if Shadow does come, then I am the only one that appears to properly understand what he is attempting to say."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 1:07 am

Layla stood up. "I'll stay with Sira. She probably needs someone to help her relax anyways. I hope you guys figure out what you're looking for." She gave Gamba a loving nudge on the shoulder with her head and then began walking towards a place beside the cave where Sira was standing. She was speaking with Taru and looked exhausted and stressed.

Jali, Var, and Shebla had now gathered with Kyra, Coglon, and Gamba. He had overheard. "Yes, that lion may be of use. We'll take Shadow with us. Var, go get your sister. She'll know more about Dalmaa than any of us."

Var took off towards a bit of shrub that Subira was standing next to. He mumbled to her this new mission briefly and she tagged along as they met with Jali once more. "We're ready" he said.

"Good" says Jali. "I'll be right back." He walked over to Sira, Taru, and Layla, leaving the group.

Var glanced at Gamba and Coglon. He felt a sudden awkward sensation as his glance moved to Coglon. He wondered if he knew about the new relationship he and Kyra had formed. "So..." he began roughly, "how did you guys do last night? Were you alright?"
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 2:42 am

There was a soft growl from the back of Gamba's throat, as though he were disturbed by the memory, "The Jaglion came into the grove where Layla and I intended to have our cubs. She bore the scars on her face of one who slaughters her foes with the Kiss of Death, and so I shattered her jaw so that she could not use such a forbidden technique against me. She immediately fled, but somehow she managed to carve a powerful curse mark into a nearby tree. We had to leave, otherwise we would succumb to the curse, bringing all manner of bad luck and ill will upon us. There is no way to stop the curse without somehow destroying the entire tree, but we left before it could affect either of us." He gazed off to the side, into the woods, in the direction of where it was, "Fenuku was there when we left, and we have not seen him. We cannot go back there, but I will have faith that he has already left that cursed place." He growled again, "That accursed female, she has abused magic, and when the veil between two worlds was torn, no doubt, she healed her jaw. I will snap it again if I see her once more, if I don't rip it from her skull completely!" The last few words sounded like rumbling thunder, and there was a tense pause, before the tiglon closed his eyes and sighed, "My apologies, I must not allow myself to become blinded by anger, but I do not take lightly someone threatening my mate, few things have made me so furious."

Coglon looked at Gamba, his pale silver eyes having just the faintest glint of understanding in them, which was uncharacteristic, considering the lion they belonged to. He looked over at Var, "I alone have killed enough snakes to encircle the entire camp twice over with their corpses, and yet that amount was small, compared to the many more that arrived. I eventually was cornered and forced from the main camp, and I was driven far away by the time I dispatched my pursuers, I could not afford to fight them blindly, for I have no immunity to snake venom, as Mabel does, and I am not large or strong enough to dispatch a hyena. You may see it as cowardly, to flee, but I would rather evade an attack and receive no injury, compared to enduring an onslaught of blows. I am unaware of what happened here afterwards, although when the snakes stopped appearing, and the hyenas no longer chased me, I was able to make my way back. I encountered Shadow along the way, and he wanted me to bring him here, though how I could know what he was thinking, I am still unsure."

There was a sudden flash of something in the small lion's eyes, and Coglon's gaze went cold and calculating, again, the slight warmness in him seemingly withdrawn into some distant hiding place. "As for what happened to me, I am alive, still, so the rest is unimportant. Did you keep my sister safe, during the battle?" He did not wait for an answer, "I observe and interpret everything that occurs around me, and I can read more than just symbols engraved into the walls of caverns." This much was signal enough, Kyra's brother knew, just by the way Kyra and Var interacted with one another. He flicked his tail once, and then it fell still, giving nothing away, "I am aware that she is fine, but I will say something, and nobody will dare to question it. You may be mates, if you wish, it is no choice of mine to make, I will not try to control my sister. However, that does not mean I will not protect her in any way I can. So let me give you warning, right now. Hurt her, and you will find that despite my small size, I can easily make you regret ever meeting me."

Kyra seemed to get angry, and opened her mouth to say something, but Coglon shot her a look, and she closed it, somehow silenced by the gleam in his eyes. "You will not protest this, either, sister. Make no mistake, I am obligated to keep you safe, and while there is thus far nothing Var has done wrong, and I have nothing to hold against him, that does not mean I will stop protecting you." He turned to Var again, "You may think I am simply threatening you out of malice, but that is not so. I am warning you, because if you give me reason to think I should attack you, I have not been strongly enough bound by morals to stop myself from harming you in a way that could either mutilate or even kill you. I simply do not have the inhibitions others may possess. I tell you this, because logically I know that this is a flaw, and a great one that I have yet to repair." Without another word, he turned and walked over to where Shadow was sitting by the cave, sitting on the opposite side of the mouth from him, and then patiently waiting for everyone to continue the conversation out of earshot.

Kyra flattened her ears, "He...he wouldn't do that, would he?" She asked, her voice doubtful. It was lucky Jali had not heard him threaten Var, otherwise, the king might have decided that it was dangerous to have Coglon in the pride.

Gamba looked at Kyra, "He would, it is not any different from how I feel about Layla. I would rip out the throat of someone who dared even consider hurting her, and I am not a murderous creature, by nature. Coglon, however, is extremely antisocial, I believe, and that is a dangerous thing, for he seldom shows emotion, and the emotion he does display, I wonder if he is not just faking it. What I find strange, however, is that every now and then, I feel as though he is a living contradiction, because he sometimes does not behave in a predictable manner, and does the exact opposite of what one would normally think he would do. I feel, that deep down, he wants to be happy for you, but perhaps does not know how, and also truly wishes that he did think he could be trusted."

Kyra looked at Gamba, "He always does this, sometimes I think he's another person, and then he goes and does what he just did, and it's like I don't even know him at all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (IC): Hurt   The Pride Days (IC): Hurt - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pride Days (IC): Hurt
Page 20 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next