Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ophidian Vale

Go down 
+6
Sairei
CrystalDragoness
FlowerFox
Maxx
ViperaUnion
Derkal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

Ophidian Vale - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:48 am

Eyup. This should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:52 am

Heck yea!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:55 am

Okay, then, Poor little guy is going to get in trouble big time. Hopefully people will go easy on him, he's just a little kid.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
Okay, then, Poor little guy is going to get in trouble big time. Hopefully people will go easy on him, he's just a little kid.

Or he becomes Sal's next meal.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 am

Sorry for my inactivity. I've been having virus issues, and I just happened to get an annoying redirect virus. Razz

Anyways, I've caught up on most of the OOC (though I still need to read a few char sheets and the descriptions of the islands), and I have yet to see what I missed on the IC. All well, Flower's still semi-concious anyways, so anything could have happened to her. As long as she isn't extremely injured or dead, it's alright. May post on IC soon.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:15 am

Grox you magnificent ninja!
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:15 am

Oh, there you are! Sorry about the virus problems. Oh, and Crystal's worried about you in the IC.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:23 am

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to drop out of this. It's moving way to fast for me and there's too much confusion to have a clue what's happening for my taste. I'll have Harroc leave. He wasnt really part of the story anyway.

I might bring him back if the story really begins to set itself in motion. 'Til then, folks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:30 am

NO OPERATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I'm working on a last character who will be a hallow. He will be inspired by my favorite dinosaur, the Baryonyx.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:32 am

And now time for my Hallow dragon. However, I must tell you that with this sheet I am getting rid of Remo, as I have too many characters.

name: Gahrak (random keyboard swipe of epic)

appearance: Gahrak is truly a terrible sight to behold, and even worse to reckon with. He is a massive dragon, nearly 200 feet long and 135 tons. He is a bipedal dragon, and resembles a Baryonxy. He has a raptor-like build, with two long muscular legs ending in sharp-clawed feet. He has about average-sized arms (long enough to be useful, but not overly long), which is also armed with claws. Gahrak has a long whiplike tail like a Diplodocus’ which makes up about a third of his length and can dish out a painful swipe. He has an above-average length neck, about the size of a Baryonyx’s, and a crocodile-like head which is narrow for catching fish. His head structure is much like a T-rex’s, with the slim, crocodile-like snout. On top of his head is a bony plate which he uses for ramming purposes. Above each of Gahrak’s eyes is a bony plate which protects them from damage when ramming. Along the right side of Gahrak’s snout is a long red scar courtesy of The Shadow. Gahrak’s skin is coarse like a crocodile’s, and is built like armor. It is a dark gold color with black stripes on the side. On Gahrak’s back is a pair of gold, batlike wings which have a 220-foot wingspan. Basically, he looks like this (though add wings).

Personality: Gahrak is kind of like your stereotypical old man; he is very grumpy and has a short fuse. He often becomes very frustrated, and finds new technologies to be overwhelming and scary. He often isn’t a person that you want to hang around, as he will easily get flustered and frustrated. However, you can’t really blame ol’ Gahrak for how he acts. He still suffers from PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) thanks to the first Shadow War. Most nights he lays awake on his nest in the Southern Islands, reliving the brutal memories of his former friends ripping each other to pieces. He has found himself reliving recurring nightmares of him tearing apart fellow Hallows as they turned to the dark side. Some nights he wakes up screaming from his battle with the Shadow. In reality, Gahrak’s toughness is a facade. Inside, he is a lot more tender. Gahrak’s determination is his defining feature. He will never quit, no matter what happens. He will always fight on and never gives up. Because of this, he does not show much remorse in combat, and can easily cut his losses.

History: Gahrak is old; so old that he was one of the first dragons. He existed back when the Ophidian Vale was still being put together, and was one of the original guardians. He was the first to be bestowed with biological immortality (you don’t die of old age), and used it to his benefit. Gahrak has always been a warrior from the day he was born. He fought with the Ancient Ones to stop them from persecuting dragons, and defended the Guardians several times against a bevy of threats. He was a very important piece of the Hallows puzzle, and was kind of a glue which held the Hallows together in his younger days. However, when the Descrates and the Shadow began to wreak havoc, Gahrak was already really very old, and is the oldest dragon in existence to this day. He fought mightily against the Descrates threat, and personally battled the Shadow in a fight which lasted nearly a week. In the end, The Shadow was able to defeat Gahrak by sending him careening off a cliff into the ocean, but that battle weakened the Shadow enough to be defeated. After the war finally ended, Gahrak wasn’t the same. He began to age (physically and mentally) more quickly, and he began to become plagued by post-traumatic stress disorder. He became cold and afraid of the world, so he moved away from the other Hallows and submerged himself in an underwater cave deep below the polar ice caps where he dwells to this day. Not many people (besides Tharan) know that he is even still alive, and many believe that he drowned himself.

powers: Gahrak is an extremely powerful dragon that must be treated with extreme caution at all times. To start it off, Gahrak is extremely strong, and can bend osmium with his bare hands (Osmium is the strongest known metal). Gahrak can run relatively fast because of his huge stride length, and can sprint at about 120 mph, however he flies very slowly thanks to his weight. Gahrak’s fire has some sort of anomalous properties, as it can burn any fireproof material, and burns heal extremely slowly. However, Gahrak’s flames only hurt those whom they are intended for. So, lets say that Gahrak shoots a fireball at you and you throw someone else in the way of it, your human shield is prevented from damage. However, the fire cannot go through solid objects (it won’t go through the shield without harming it and then fry you). Gahrak’s burns are very difficult to heal and can actually melt scales, a form of damage that cannot be reversed in most dragon breeds. Gahrak’s fire is pure silver in coloration, and is very bright. Gahrak’s armor plating is resistant to fire and practically immune to cutting fangs or claws.

Gahrak has one weakness however; he’s 3,000 years old. Even for a Hallow, Gahrak is getting seriously advanced in age. Because of this, he has become frailer and easier to injure. Though his skin still won’t budge, Gahrak has gotten a lot slower and his bones are starting to collapse from his weight. Even with magic from Notus sustaining him, Gahrak has a bad left hip and a crick in his neck which won’t go away. If enough force is applied to him, Gahrak’s bones will break easier than a normal dragon’s bones. There is one advantage to being old as dirt, though; a slow metabolism. Gahrak doesn’t need to eat much, though when he does, it is in very large meals. He is known to dive down to the depths of the ocean and hunt krakens when he is hungry, though between meals he can go about three months.

other: flame.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:38 am

Do you guys always get your names from random keyboard smack?
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:10 am

Sairei wrote:
"Thundrus" is actually Greek for "Tidal wave."

According to google translate.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:31 am

Sairei wrote:

No. Most of my character names are Greek or Latin.

Boreas= the Greek God of winter/the north wind.

Notus= the Greek God of summer/the south wind.

Sal=Latin for salt.

Pinao=Hawaiian for dragonfly.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:05 am

Mine are mostly Latin words, too, Except for Chris, which is a normal name.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 3:37 pm

Mine are usually latin mixed with some sound that I like.
XD

Also, personalities have names for me. Or at the least, sounds. I can often assign a name to an appearance or a personality when it comes to dragons.

Yeah I didn't explain that too well.

-shrug- No keyboard smash for me.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 3:58 pm

My keyboard mashes usually turn up some very bizarre names you can't pronounce.

Alkfjno

I prefer names that have meanings, anyway. Also, when it comes to Latin names, I typically add small bits at the end of each name to make it masculine or feminine. Arbor isn't really a good name for a girl dragon, so I put the 'a' at the end to make it sound like a female name.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Sairei wrote:

Ophidian Vale - Page 9 The_making_of_garbador
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:35 pm

I need to try that next time... the scribbling for creatures...
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Maxx Toron wrote:
Sairei wrote:

No. Most of my character names are Greek or Latin.

Boreas= the Greek God of winter/the north wind.

Notus= the Greek God of summer/the south wind.

Sal=Latin for salt.

Pinao=Hawaiian for dragonfly.
Heh, nice. One of my characters, Tonitrus, is the Air dragon god. His name comes from Latin meaning "Thunder". I tend to use names from Latin and Romanian, but switch them up a bit. Crystal's name came from the prism shape of her horns.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Am finally finished catching up. Now to post... >.>

Also, I have a feeling Flower might not meet up with Crystal for awhile, but I think it'll be interesting for them to be looking for each other for a bit.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 pm

Albus I think is about to get thrown into a prison cell or dungeon, but it really depends on Grox in that case. Either way, Tenebris is going to wind up hurting a lot of other dragons when he discovers the situation. Of course, if Albus does get thrown in a prison cell, make sure the bars are fireproof, Albus can heat steel up enough to bend it.
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Well, if they do get thrown in prison, are we allowed to... erm... cause a breakout scene? If Crystal can get some rest while in captivity, she'll have a few tricks up her sleeve. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:50 pm

Sure, go for it, but I imagine Tenebris will arrive sometime during the escape, and it would be a pretty awkward moment, considering his normal behavior is scornful, but he would be impressed and extremely grateful to Crystal for saving his brother. That's pretty much the best way to make him agreeable, just help protect Albus, and he's going to feel in debt to you for the rest of his life.

By the way, does Crystal know Albus' relation to Tenebris?
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 am

Not yet; she doesn't know that they're brothers.

Eh, I feel like my posts are too small, but I can't really think of anything else to say-- much like when adding a description to a Spore series.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:19 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
Albus I think is about to get thrown into a prison cell or dungeon, but it really depends on Grox in that case. Either way, Tenebris is going to wind up hurting a lot of other dragons when he discovers the situation. Of course, if Albus does get thrown in a prison cell, make sure the bars are fireproof, Albus can heat steel up enough to bend it.

If he doesn't knock his crap off the dungeon will be Sal's stomach. He's not exactly cruel, but he's not very nice either if you annoy him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ophidian Vale
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next