Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ophidian Vale

Go down 
+6
Sairei
CrystalDragoness
FlowerFox
Maxx
ViperaUnion
Derkal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

Ophidian Vale - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:34 am

@Sar: LOL, thanks.

@Everyone else: Guys, you know it is nighttime right? I just saw a few posts that suggested that it was morning.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:37 am

It is a large place Grox. Doesn't the Ophidian Vale go on forever or something? It could be different times different places. It's daytime in the Southern Islands.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:52 am

I am not positive, I thought it was late afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:19 am

Ophidian Vale - Page 4 Dillusia_by_safyr3-d600gsl

I drew this for the heck of it.

Not too pleased with her head, it's not feminine at all. >_<
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Ah, I really like this, Sar!

Now, in other news, hopefully it's not too late to join? I've been thinking about creating a sheet, but I just couldn't make myself get to it until now.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:24 pm

Oh that's beautiful Sar! Great job! I'll fav that on dA Very Happy

Also Maxx, Ophidian Vale isn't even a world that is round. It's flat and similar to Keros in the aspect that it has floating worlds, however there's not much outer space, unless you break the magic links that hold all of the ground pieces together (explained later). There's two moons as well and the entire atmosphere is powered by magic, so really it's all night time right now but there are certain parts more towards dawn.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:30 pm

Grox, a flat world with a sun and two moons would always have day.

And I didn't know that Keros was flat.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Keros is similar to Spyro worlds, if you've played that game. Lots of floating worlds and such.

The world can't have day at the moment if the sun is underneath it.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:17 pm

I've never played Spiro.

Either way Grox, I don't see why it's such a big deal. Is this place is that huge, it can be day in one part and night in another easily. I don't see why you're so obstinate.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Hmm... Dark, will you be accepting new members?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Maxx, it's night time okay?

@StheT: Yes, we are.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Alright then, I was already making a sheet.

I shall have it ready later today.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:30 pm

Darky wrote:
Maxx, it's night time okay?

@StheT: Yes, we are.

Fine, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Here's my sheet, then:

Name: Thundrus

Appearance: Thundrus is a fairly average-sized dragon, but with the addition of a longer neck. In fact, his neck is almost serpentine, being thin and flexible. His underbelly is colored dark grey, and his body scales are colored a deep, powerful blue. Along with the deep sea blue coloring, there are grey and white streaks of scales, almost looking like rushing water.
As if to add to that notion, Thundrus’ body is very streamlined, almost as if he was meant for swimming, His tail, unlike most dragons, is very flat and salamander-like, with the exception of several spines coming from the top. His wings are very large, but at the most they can only manage to flap several times in the air before he has to rest, either by gliding in the air or landing. In other words, Thundrus functions best in the water, not in the air.
Thundrus also had several small spines coming from his back and neck, which are covered in Skin, forming a thin sail. Finally, there are two large scales on his long, dinosaur-like head, in between the eyes and the nose. Those two scales, peculiarly, glow in the dark, and change color depending on his mood, or if he’s in pain. So far, not even Thundrus himself could explain this phenomenon. The meaning of each color will be revealed throughout the RP. However, these scales are a liability, for if Thundrus doesn’t control them, it will be harder to sneak.

Thundrus’ eyes are colored red with blue streaks leading towards the pupil. Thundrus also has black stripes on his flattened tail. Thundrus is 45 feet long in total, half of that length being tail.

Personality: Thundrus is a very strange character. On the outside, he seems to be very secretive, especially when it comes to the glowing scales on his head. Even with friends, he doesn’t confide in what they mean. However, Thundrus has issues with controlling his anger. He often speaks out quickly when he’s offended, and sometimes even scratches his opponent to silence him, or her. This has inevitably led to fights, and other dragons have had to separate them. As such, Thundrus has made enemies, although he isn’t disliked by everyone. Thundrus, however, is often very serene around nature, specifically water and oceans.
On the inside, Thundrus is a very troubled individual. One could say that all of this is caused by his head, or rather, what he thinks is in his head. It could be an alternate personality, except it hasn’t made itself known to anyone but Thundrus. The “being” has made itself known as Kehrett.
Thundrus usually imagines Kehrett as an eastern dragon, although he believes that Kehrett could take many forms. Kehrett has appeared early on in Thundrus’ life, first as a curious newcomer, then eventually evolving into an enemy. Kehrett taunts Thundrus regularly, but usually assists Thundrus when his life is threatened. This has caused Thundrus to believe that he has at least some power over Kehrett, for he has realized that Kehrett’s life relies on Thundrus.
Kehrett is an imagined entity, although Thundrus believes otherwise.

History: Thundrus was abandoned by his parents near a riverbank only one month after he hatched. He was able to survive several days on fish that his parents have left for him, but soon ran out. One week without his parents, a starving Thundrus tried to swim across the river to a nearby dragon Clan, which he has been trying desperately to get to but to no avail. He got caught in the river, and was almost swept away by the current, until a passing dragon caught sight of him and pulled him to safety.
Thundrus became a part of the dragon’s Clan, and began to know his savior as his brother. The dragon’s name was Daris, and he was almost completely understanding to Thundrus, and eventually he began to know Thundrus as his own brother, as well. However, despite how well he was treated by the Clan, Thundrus had to deal with an entity.
It was an imagined entity, but Thundrus could not control it nonetheless. On the day he was abandoned, an eastern dragon appeared in his imagination. It introduced itself as Kehrett, and was actually sympathetic to Thundrus, they got along well, but after the first year With Kehrett, things began to go out of control. Kehrett began to annoy Thundrus, and eventually began to toy with his very sanity. Eventually, Thundrus practically excommunicated himself from the Clan. Things continue like this to this day.

Abilities/Powers: Thundrus has a surprisingly powerful bite for such long, thin jaws of course, they helped him much in hunting, and sometimes even in skirmishes with other dragons.
Even though it’s not noticeable, Thundrus’ scales change color when no one is looking. However, they are always blue. If one person stared at Thundrus and blinked continuously, he would notice that the grey and white streaks travelled down his body with each blink, as if it were rushing water.
Thundrus is a great swimmer. While dragons fly above, he can swim just as fast in still water, and even faster is he is swimming down as large river.

Other: Flame
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Flower has now officially made her appearance. And what an entrance she has made.

Oh, and nice drawing Sar. I think it does look feminine. Wink

Last edited by FlowerFox on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 pm

That's a really good drawing, Sar. I love how the wings look like they're glowing.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:30 am

Ok. I had Sal freeze in a storm and crash into the volcano where everyone else is for some interaction. if someone who spoke english could find him, that would be great.

Hey, do basilisks and cockatrices count as dragons?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:07 am

I don't really think so. A basilisk is basically a lizard that kills you with its gaze, and it's often very tiny, and a cockatrice turns you to stone, and it's basically a chicken with the wings of a dragon. Neither would make good characters, since if they get into a fight with another PC, they can't kill them.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:35 am

Well there are many forms of basilisks and Cockatrices. The form of cockatrice I'm familiar with is a winged snake with feathers like a chicken who's stare can weaken you (not paralyze) and who's fangs are poisonous. This is the cockatrice that I'd use, and it's in essence from the game Runescape.

Ophidian Vale - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3daZzQQvHKJPs6ao9qxtBZYFUh7VvwCWJOymIRUUOHi1qsGEY

The Runescape Cockatrice.
Back to top Go down
CrystalDragoness
Newborn
CrystalDragoness

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:50 am

Well, I finally mustered up the courage and posted on the IC. Cool Heheh, I added a few references in my text for a bit of humor, but I'll try to keep them at the minimum if it's not acceptable. By the way, does an Operator have to review my post before it ends up on the IC? I didn't see it when it was sent.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:58 am

No, I dont do any of that, why? I cannot see it either. Perhaps it didnt send correctly. Try reposting it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Nobody reviews your post before it is sent, so it must have been a glitch, although that's the first time it's happened before.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:41 pm

Hey can someone in the Tenebris/Albus/Harroc conversation find Sal please? He just crashed into the side of the volcano, half-frozen.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Well, I guess he can tumble into the middle of the clearing.

Also, what about your water dragon and Arbora? I haven't managed to post as her yet.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Oh yeah. There's a storm over the Southern Islands now. It should clear by morning, then I'll either have Notus go looking for Sal or Arbora can come to the Islands.

Working on another character now that is based off of the RS Cockatrice that I posted about above. Or maybe I'll do an electric dragon... is there a character limit?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ophidian Vale   Ophidian Vale - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ophidian Vale
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next