Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Trimmed

Go down 
+8
Maxx
JunkMail
Lieo
ultra
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Well, it's supposed to be, he's the student that's going to introduce Ashing into the RP. He has to make the condition look as horrible as possible.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:58 pm

I see.

Also I've noticed that whenever Lone takes a break it normally corresponds to a period of increased activity for me. and about the time he comes back i take a break.....
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Mehah! I'm going to be leaving for a trip tomorrow, and won't be back until Tuesday. I don't know if I can gain access to Wi-fi or not, although I usually do.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Use una movil!

Use a cell phone like i do if you can then. It isn't the easiest thing to type on, but it's the only option i have at times.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:27 pm

I don't have a fancy phone like that, Put, although lone said something about the Nintendo 3DS and making a post awhile ago. I just got one, so I might be able to make a post using it.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Actually for awhile that's how I was posting. That or my iPod. you just have to configur it for the network like any other wifi compatable device.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Okay, then. I'll try it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 4:35 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
I don't have a fancy phone like that, Put, although lone said something about the Nintendo 3DS and making a post awhile ago. I just got one, so I might be able to make a post using it.

Yeah, you just need a good wifi and a 3DS. It's terrible for viewing just about everything, but it'll do.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Kay, I'll see if I can take my laptop, regardless, but I have the feeling my parents might prohibit it.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:18 pm

so...someone gonna post...?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:19 pm

I'm going to make a big one in a few.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:29 pm

kay.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:48 pm

And that, class, is how you break into a hospital!
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Alright we will timeskip to 7 Pm alittle bit later
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 am

Well, people, now that she has appeared, meet Bones.

Basic Information

Name: Willow Harrison
Nicknames: Bones
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 107lbs.

Appearance

Hair Color: Auburn Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Nationality: Caucasian

Physical Appearance: Willow could easily be considered beautiful by most people. Having a slender hourglass figure and long legs, but also possessing a slight amount of musculature that does not need to be maintained, she appears to be in very good physical condition. She possesses a long neck that does not appear to be awkward, and an oblong-shaped face, which is framed by her hair. Her straight auburn brown hair is styled in a short stacked bob, with an asymmetrical left side that is longer than the right, sometimes covering her eye, and falling to just below her chin. Her deep brown eyes are roundish-almond in shape, and have long eyelashes. Her nose is small with a slightly larger round tip, and her mouth is small. Willow’s skin is largely pale ivory in color; however, across her shoulders and back she has brightly colored tattoos that appear to have been done with a skillful hand. They seem to be swirling patterns that share a vague resemblance to a fern fiddlehead, having a curled leaf-like shape, although not exactly resembling the plant. They include a light and dark shade of green, bright yellow, two shades of blue, orange, red, violet, and magenta. Deviating from the traditional bold style of most tattoos, the only black used in this pattern was an outline of the tattoo’s edge, making it stand out further. Sometimes this tattoo appears to have a variety of optical illusions going on at once. Unfortunately, much of Willow’s body is covered by hideous white scars, which oddly appear to be hypertrophic, raised above the skin, although they lack the typical red, blister-like form. This is because of the nature of the wounds that caused them, as well as because of her healing ability. While the skin over these scars is thicker, it is actually extremely sensitive to temperature and touch, as the nerve endings and other tissues grew back. She speaks with a southern dialect.

Attire: Willow has relatively the same dress style all the time, but will often wear whatever is readily available. Her typical clothing consists of a modest cotton camisole that is completely a moss shade of green, and has no ornamentation whatsoever. This is often because it shows the beautiful tattoos on her upper back, and does not restrict movement. However, it also reveals all the scars she has. As a result, she will often wear a plain brown zip-up hoodie over this whenever she is around other people, as it will cover all her scars except the ones on the palms of her hands, although she will always take it off when she is alone, and tie it around her waist. She often wears plain denim jeans and black running shoes. Sometimes when she is bored she will give herself ballpoint tattoos, which are temporary and can be removed or allowed to fade. This is quite easy, as it is just drawing with a pen.

Personality

Innate Personality: Willow is unique in a sense that inwardly she has whole-heartedly accepted her powers and the fact that she will have to live with them for the rest of her life. However, despite being okay with them, there are a few things that she does wish were different, namely the fact that it hurts severely to use them, although it’s perfectly reasonable, and the issue that it causes scarring. While physically she is aware that she is very beautiful, she often feels self-conscious about her scars, and tries to the best of her ability to hide them around others, believing (With good reason) that nobody will want to be around her if they see them. However, she dislikes wearing long sleeves, believing they restrict movement and make it too warm, and therefore removes her hoodie as soon as she thinks she is alone. She often chooses a specific location that nobody else knows about to be her territory, and can often be found there if she is not anywhere else. When she is by herself, Willow enjoys reading and drawing pictures, being a very good artist, and someday desiring to become a textile designer. Her handiwork is extremely beautiful and elaborate, her tattoos being her own design, which was carefully copied by a different artist. Identifying herself as a bit of a tattoo enthusiast, but not wanting to commit herself to too many of them, the only permanent ones she has are on her back and shoulders. Any other tattoos that she has is most likely drawn using non-toxic ink from a ballpoint pen. She is very cautious doing them on herself, as her scars often make it difficult, proving an uneven surface that is extremely sensitive to touch, although not because of pain, and sometimes having fresh wounds that make it impossible. Because she likes studying biology, she knows finer details of her own abilities, although she doesn’t like to tell people what they are. Because she requires extra nutrients and minerals to fuel her powers, she may on occasion swallow rocks on purpose, having a digestive system that can break them down.

Outward Personality: Willow is typically quiet around others, often not speaking unless directly addressed, and refraining from giving excessive information about herself or her past. Although she is not a liar, and will typically keep a promise if she makes one, she will often try to dodge certain questions or requests if she doesn’t want to deal with them. If it’s not possible to do these things, then she will directly say she does not want to answer, or that she cannot promise anything. Shy and secretive, the subjects she will most likely avoid is those regarding her powers, or her unusual habits of wandering off when nobody is looking. She often wears a hoodie around other people, in order to hide her scars, although her natural body temperature is higher than normal, and thus she is often uncomfortable as a result. She becomes extremely edgy when she is being watched, seeing it as an invasion of privacy, and also not wanting anyone to pity her for her powers. This is even more so if she is followed, or if someone intrudes on the secret location she chooses as her alone place, as she can even grow violent or aggressive towards people in such cases. Although for the most part she keeps most of her habits hidden, she will sometimes draw ballpoint tattoos on her left hand when she is around others (Because she isn’t ambidextrous), and is fine with drawing patterns as well. Although she keeps to herself, she often appreciates people complimenting her work.

Hobbies/Skills: Willow’s favorite hobby is drawing, having a natural talent for a variety of different styles, and thus she often does this when she is alone, and often around other people as well. When she does not have paper readily available, she will use a ballpoint pen and draw on her left hand instead to create a temporary tattoo. She has a great interest in becoming a textile designer, and is also a tattoo enthusiast. She takes great pride in her work.

History/Bio: Willow grew up in a small town in eastern Texas, raised by caring parents, her mother being a teacher, and her father a veterinarian.
Because of their professions, Willow’s parents pushed her to strive for good grades in school and to make anything other than an A or a B on her report card would often cause severe stress; although her parents would never punish her for it, their disappointment was often too much. Because of this, and the fact that she quickly memorized information, Willow became very smart, and would often finish schoolwork and library books early. As a result, she would doodle instead. Over time, her drawings became extremely elaborate, and her mother suggested becoming a textile designer, as the job could pay well, and Willow herself would be the one who drew the pattern, while computers could be used to make it repeat itself. Motivated by the idea of a job that would allow her to just draw things, Willow spent her free time drawing, but continued to get good grades in school, developing strong interest in biology, which pleased her father. During this time, Willow also developed an interest in tattoos, and began practicing ballpoint designs.

At the age of 10 or 11, she began to mutate, however. The first indicator was that her body temperature became unusually warmer than normal. Originally at 97.5 degrees Fahrenheit, it rose to 101.2 degrees, indicating a fever, although Willow oddly did not have any negative effects except being uncomfortable in warm environments. This was because her metabolism was working much faster, and consequently, she released more heat, and also required more food and nutrients in order to sustain the amount of energy required. After several months of her family being stumped by this, and a bit of suffering because it was hard to avoid becoming malnourished, a second change occurred when she was 12. Her digestive system began to alter, the lining of her intestines, throat, and stomach becoming stronger, and her gastric acid changing into something far more concentrated, such as sulfuric acid. After this, Willow began to crave unusual foods, such as rocks, and although her parents tried to stop her, thinking it would cause problems, she swallowed a stone. It was quickly understood that she was capable of digesting it, and it was then obvious that she was mutating, the altered digestive system balancing out her increased energy and nutritional requirements. While disturbing, her family kept this quiet, and before anything else strange could happen, allowed Willow to get one of her designs tattooed on her back and shoulders before something happened that made it impossible (As she had frequently begged them to allow it), carefully choosing an artist that wouldn’t panic about her strange temperature. While the tattooing itself was perfectly fine, Willow did not seem to feel any pain regarding the needle, and revealed that for some reason she was more resistant to it, indicating pain resistance as a new mutation. She also did not appear to get sick, and although she neglected to put disinfectant on the new tattoo, she never got an infection. Finally, another year later, her most dramatic change occurred. While she was in her back yard resting, a hawk tried to swoop into the yard to snatch up a baby bird, oblivious to her presence. Startled, Willow suddenly sprouted bony spikes, which cut through her skin and bled, although the bleeding stopped much faster than it should have. While resistant to pain, Willow still hurt very badly from the spikes, although she was able to still think logically, and didn’t go into shock. She was then able to retract them back, although the whole process was excruciating, and it left deep wounds. While she should have been weak from blood loss, and in need of strong antibiotics and stitches, she did not get infection, and although there was extensive blood loss, she was fine. Her wounds healed faster than normal, although it still took several days, and it left unusual scars. Later, after receiving a letter in the mail, Willow agreed to go to Sparrowdale Academy.

Favorite color:

Abilities

Power: Willow’s power allows her to create constructs of bone ranging in simplicity from sharp spikes that are as hard as steel and darts that are as light as bamboo, to whips made of vertebrae-like bones. Because of this, she also has other enhanced abilities to support her bones, such as a strong digestive tract that allows her to swallow stones for minerals, and an enhanced immune system and healing factor, as well as a slight resistance to pain. However, despite this, there are many negative sides, the main one being that to extend any bone at all, it requires ripping through Willow’s flesh every time, and while sometimes she can retract them, if she leaves them out for too long, she may have to manually pull them out. This is not helpful, as even though she is resistant to pain, it is only just enough so that she is still capable of thinking rationally when she is hurt, and does not pass out or go into shock. Extending these spikes is still extremely painful and she is not immune to it, her only notable resistance being in her skin itself. When she extends a construct of bone, it also causes her to bleed, which may raise concern for a lot of people, as it is usually a large amount, however, her enhanced clotting factor prevents her from losing too much, and her body’s ability to make new blood is enhanced along with her power to grow bones. For the most part, this is not an issue unless she severely overexerts herself, and the main issue is simply that clotted blood makes a mess and can sometimes restrict movement (Because it hardens). It also ruins whatever clothing she is wearing. While she cannot get infection in a wound, it still takes time to heal, although less, and remains highly sensitive to abrasion. Healing also leaves a prominent white raised hypertrophic scar, which unusually lacks the typical red blister-like appearance. Like regular scars, they do not have hair or sweat glands, and they are also less functional than normal skin. Because nerves and muscle have grown back, they are extremely sensitive to touch or changes in temperature, although pain still has little effect. Overall, Willow can be injured by the same things as a regular human, as her healing is not instant (Bones being the exception).

Weaknesses: Willow’s main weakness is that while she is resistant to pain, it only appears to be just enough to prevent her from passing out, going into shock, or losing rational thought, the only genuinely notable immunity being in her skin. Extending bone spikes is still excruciatingly painful, and if they are left out for too long, they may become difficult to re-absorb, in which it is better to manually pry them out. Because her bones cut through tissue, there is often blood loss, and while an enhanced clotting factor and ability to produce blood can cancel this out, it can get in the way of things, stiffening and somewhat preventing movement, or even distracting allies (Because losing a lot of blood is obviously sort of scary). Her wounds, while they cannot become infected due to her immune system, still take time to heal, although somewhat less, and remain sensitive to abrasions and other things. When they heal, they leave white raised scars that, while retaining the ability to resist pain, lack hair or sweat glands, and are sensitive to temperature and touch, due to the nerves having healed back (Possibly in higher concentration than before). As a result, if these scars are touched, even by accident, it can startle Willow and make her jump or lose focus.

Other:

Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:03 am

She'll go great with the mutant I'm working on now; Alejandro Elias; the Monster of Sparrowdale Graveyard.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:16 am

And here he is;

Name: Alejandro Elias
Nickname: Alex, Jekyll and Hyde
height: 6’0”
Weight: 260 lbs in the day, 160 lbs at night.

Appearance:
hair color: black
Eye color: grey in the day, scarlett at night.
Nationality: Grey in the day, blue in the night.
Appearance: Alejandro is the brother of Carolina. Because of that, he also comes from a billionaire family and looks the part, more or less. It depends on when you are looking at him, you see, as his power changes what he looks like. In the daytime, Alejandro is a very large, bulky man with skin the color of granite. He looks like a statue, as every part of his body is covered in rock. His face in both forms is slim and tired-looking, as if he doesn’t sleep a lot. His eyes are rimmed on the bottom with grey from his lack of sleep. His hair is cut long and is swept to the right side in a beiber-like fashion. In the day, this hair is stone grey as well, but at night, it is jet black. In the daytime, Alejandro grows a pair of large wings, made out of stone, which he is able to move, but cannot fly very far with them (their use will be explained later). In the nighttime, Alejandro’s frame gets much smaller. His skin turns a dark blue, going on violet, and his hands grow sharp claws. His ears get slightly longer and pointier in this form, like a bat’s, though he usually pushes them back in such a way that it’s not unattractive. At night, Alejandro’s teeth become sharp and pointed, like a little devil. Also at night, Alejandro’s stone angel wings transform into black bat wings

attire: Alejandro dresses very well, like his sister. He normally wears a suit, though when on a casual outing, he will often wear a polo shirt or Hawaiian-style shirt. At night, Alejandro often wears a fedora on his head, though the color changes to match what he’s wearing. Whatever Alejandro wears on his body always has a slot for him to stick his wings through.

Personality: IC

Abilities:

power class: Mix of cosmic and anatomical

power: In simple terms, Alejandro is a gargoyle. During the day, his skin is covered in a very heavy, thick layer of stone. This causes him to be very slow, but makes him extremely resistant to damage. In this form, he is immune to most physical attacks, as well as some elemental attacks (lightning, water, fire), though he is very receptive to cerebral attacks, as well as Extra-sensory attacks (psionics, basically). In this form, Alejandro can stay still for very long periods of time, and has a pair of stone angel wings. These wings and his ability to freeze himself allows him to disguise himself as a statue for long periods of time to spy on enemies. At night, however, Alejandro changes. At exactly sunset, his body glows white, and turns into his night form. In his night form Alejandro is extremely fast, as well as being incredibly strong for his size (more so of both than normal mutants). In this form, he has a pair of bat wings which allow him to fly extremely quickly, and he grows a pair of sharp claws on his hands which he can use to badly wound enemies. he becomes extremely nimble in this form, whereas he is much slower in his stone form, and can climb objects very easily. His hearing also becomes very strong at night because of the way his ears are built. He can also see extremely well at night. In this form, Alejandro is resistant to cerebral and extra-sensory attacks, but doesn’t have his armor, so physical, elemental, and energy attacks do much more damage to him.

weaknesses: Well, as I said above, each of Alejandro’s forms have their own weaknesses. In his daytime form, Alejandro is very slow and heavy, and is very receptive to cerebral and extra-sensory attacks, whereas at night he can be injured pretty badly by physical attacks, as well as elemental and energy attacks. When in daytime form, Alejandro cannot see in the dark at all, and his vision and hearing are both below average. Alejandro’s night form is what you have to worry about, though there are ways to get around it. Bright light pisses Alejandro off at night, as well as making seeing difficult, but it doesn’t really hurt him. The trick is UV rays; ultraviolet light causes Alejandro to turn into his tank-ish but weak daytime form. Also, at night, Alejandro can be deafened easily (ie, Sylvia) because of his acute hearing (though in the daytime it doesn’t affect him much).

burst potential: Omega

other:
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:24 am

I actually thought Bones had more in common with Lone's character, Hunter. Their powers are very similar, and now that her secret place has been found out, she'll probably look for a newer one.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:55 am

Maxx Johnny has scars under his eye not tattooes
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 4:36 am

oops... I'll fix it later.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Flew to Britian a few days ago. Now I'm here until the 19th. The place I'm staying at has wifi, but I'll only on in the mornings and evenings until the 14th. After that things should be smooter.
Sorry for being absent the last few days. The Jet lag has been a nightmare.

Can someone fill me in on what's happened in the IC regarding Dragonfly and the rest of his group?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Let's see... Nicole lead Drake (and presumably) Dragonfly to Toby, Willow and they're about to go to Reginald. But, Vipes is gone for a little bit, and I'm about to time skip. Sooooo...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:20 am

Working on a post now lone.

Oh dear...darkness. That's never good.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:36 am

I am actually still here. I just can't think of anything to post. If I'm stuck for much longer, I might introduce one of my other characters.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 3:14 pm

New Supplice wrote:
Let's see... Nicole lead Drake (and presumably) Dragonfly to Toby, Willow and they're about to go to Reginald. But, Vipes is gone for a little bit, and I'm about to time skip. Sooooo...

Proceed then. I'll rejoin once it occurs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Trimmed
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next