Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark

Go down 
+7
ViperaUnion
Dr. Taco.
DemDogg
The Stalker of Shadows
God-Mod
FlowerFox
Maxx
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:41 pm

That's fine. i'm sure we can figure it out.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Meh. I'll poke about and see about what kind of character I can come up with.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:25 am

TheⓍperator wrote:
So how do you get Trelòs from it then? Because it they were the basis they would sound similar.
Τρελός is how you spell it in Greek, Trelòs is just how you say it, and Crazy is the English translation.

Anyway… writing my latest post, I've concluded that Τρελός is my favorite character that I've made all year. I'm abso-posi-lutely sure.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Is too late to put In a character yet? Cuz I just had an idea for one....
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:01 pm

No, its not to late.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:06 pm

yes. Off to formulate my Character. It'll be a bit. My Instructor actually wants some work out of me today I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:33 pm

You can make a character, but the elevator is already going down, so I guess you'll have to think of a reason for your character to have missed the meeting somehow. Or Exo can set up a video stream. 

Also, to all of you, just for future reference, you can't exactly walk right in to a building on government lockdown. My intent was that everyone was already there, but that's my fault because I didn't speak up. Just in the future, please try to be a bit more realistic. The Spire is like that capitol building; are they going to let you in there on lockdown?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:38 pm

I kind of figured that out, Maxx. It's a top secret sort of thing, so I'd imagine it would be one of the most secure locations on the planet.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:50 pm

It's not too late to come up with another character, is it? I just had this awesome idea for one. That, and I think having multiple characters will help make my posts longer.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Drats..... I will think of something I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:02 pm

Okay, here's what we'll do for the people who want to make more characters. I'll have Exo set up a secure sub-wave live video conference as well so you can just Skype your way in basically. Although Exo is going to be very peeved at that having been an option.

For those of you who care, this is what a sub-wave is:
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:04 pm

My guy can actually just teleport in. You'll see why once I finish my sheet.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Uh...I don't think Maxx would approve of a teleporter. He allows pretty wild powers, but he kind of hates teleportation and time travel.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:10 pm

Well, I'll give it a try. If he doesn't accept it, I'll just have to save the character for another time. Teleporting is his main power. Without it, he's nothing.

At least he can't time travel.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Okay, I guess it depends on how powerful it is, then.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Exo has a time machine, it just doesn't use it much.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Good point, although the difference is that it's not his natural ability. The point I'm getting at is if someone has the power to time travel at will, and they were in a fight, they could just freeze time and kill someone. Teleportation has different forms, but long distance kind of eliminates the point of having a long journey, and blinking makes it hard to fight them.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Name: Loki (Loh-Kee)

Age: 134 (he can't die of old age, and he looks like he's only a year old)

Species Name: Felis Catus (House Cat)

Appearance: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 Harespring
Height: 9in.
Length: 1 ft
Weight: 5 lb

Personality: (Since I don't like writing personalities, and there is a good chance this guy might not be approved, I won't write it out just yet. If this does get approved, then I will add it in later.)

Weapons/Abilities: Loki's main ability is teleportation, though he has his limits. He does this by entering what he calls "the slipstream", which is a dimension that is really just this fast flowing current of pure color changing energy. He's only in there for a fraction of a second, unless he's going somewhere really far way. His easy teleport range is 5 feet from any direction. This requires very little energy, unless he does it repeatedly over a short period of time. Anything else requires more energy and concentration. The farther away he teleports, the harder the process is. Also, he has to be able to know the place he wants to go to (unless it's only 5 feet away) well enough to be able to picture it rather vividly in his mind. This isn't usually a problem, as he has a photographic memory, so he only has to have been to a place once (or have seen a picture of it) to meet this requirement. I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but his body contains a ridiculous amount of what he calls "slipstream energy". How he manages to survive with it is a mystery, as it would kill most other beings. This is what grants him his intelligence, powers, and ability to not die of old age. This also gives him resistance to certain things. He is resistant to anything cold. He could go to Antarctica with nothing but his fur and be fine. However, he is incredibly vulnerable to high temperatures and fire. His energy also somehow prevents anyone from reading his body language and mimicking his personality. Every time they try it just comes up as simply unreadable. However, his mind can still be read as long as it is direct. He can also read, write, and communicate with other intelligent beings.

Other: When he teleports he does not look like sodium hydroxide. He looks sort of like how Vanellope from Wreck It Ralph looked like when she glitched up and teleported somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:57 pm

okay, a couple problems here; 

A) There's no personality. Even if it's really short, it needs to be there. 

B) Housecats cannot teleport or be intelligent. This guy cannot be a housecat, but can look like one. 

C) No biological teleportation. I don't care what God-mod says but that's scientifically impossible to just make yourself vanish and appear elsewhere. 

I"m sorry, but I cannot accept this.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:05 pm

It is scientifically possible if you have an external devise that uses the cat as an anchor of sorts. However, since it says that he does not know how he teleports, this could be used to make a subplot. As it would require some life form to have intentionally selected that cat (or thing that looks like a cat) to have mental control (Ie his mind is linked with it in a similar way as the- uh, one thing that you know a character has that does that one thing later. You know what I'm talking about.) But anyway, this could work both ways because if Loki was able to control a devise using his particles and an anchor in this 3 brane, then someone who made the machine can also access and control the particles and possibly mind that makes up Loki. Ie; at some point, Loki may end up with a personality that sabotages operations.

That's my suggestion if you want a apparently bio-teleportation character.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 pm

That's okay. I thought you would say that. That's why I didn't put in a personality. You probably wouldn't accept it, so why bother? But I'm not sure whether or not I feel like fixing it or not. I'll probably just save him for another RP that will accept him. (Though I'm not sure one exists.) Is it possible for him to be an alien species that look a lot like house cats and to have him carry around a machine that is capable of teleporting him?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:13 pm

God Mod, without technology there is no possible way for a creature to just move somewhere else by teleporting. You can't destroy all of your matter in one place and make it appear in another. I'm not having this argument.

@Flox; do you know how big that would have to be? It would be like carrying the TARDIS around on your back. The cat thing is fine, but unless you have something like Exo's spaceship I really don't want teleportation.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:16 pm

I never said it was bio. I said the machine teleports him from a remote location using closed strings to alter the space around him in our 3 brane kind of like how Exo's time machine works, except with much lower power and with no ability to travel in the direction of time.

Using tech similar to the stuff explained on this page of my explanation of time machines:
Except its a cat, not a blue box.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 Untitle
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Why? the cats just the exterior. Its entirely possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next