Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark

Go down 
+7
ViperaUnion
Dr. Taco.
DemDogg
The Stalker of Shadows
God-Mod
FlowerFox
Maxx
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:25 pm

are you guys discussing how to use a cat as a time machine?
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Well, looks like I'll have to drop Loki. I could get if you thought he was too powerful, but you seem to not like it because it is almost scientifically impossible. I guess I can get that. Well, I'll just have to save him for another time.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:38 pm

No. It is not possible at all. It's a cat; a biological animal. You cannot put a time machine in it. That cannot happen and will not happen. 
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Dude, it doesn't matter what the anchor is. All the machine sees it as is a blob of matter. A cat is a blob of matter. A Police box is a blob of matter. The Earth is a blob of matter. It doesn't matter what your using as a anchor. All it is, is coordinates on a screen to the actual machine. It is possible, you just don't like the idea of a cat being able to teleport. Why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:46 pm

God-mod wrote:
Dude, it doesn't matter what the anchor is. All the machine sees it as is a blob of matter. A cat is a blob of matter. A Police box is a blob of matter. The Earth is a blob of matter. It doesn't matter what your using as a anchor. All it is, is coordinates on a screen to the actual machine. It is possible, you just don't like the idea of a cat being able to teleport. Why?

That is actually a very good question...
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:48 pm

yes it is..... I still wonder how this conversation started...
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:50 pm

I tried to create a character who was a brown cat who could teleport. Now God-mod and Maxx are having an arguement as to whether or not such a character is possible.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:56 pm

lol. That is funny....
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:01 pm

This conversation is so intellectual it's stupid.

God-Mod, it's Maxx's RP. He may do as he decides. If he doesn't want a superintelligent teleporting cat in his RP, there wont be any superintelligent teleporting cats in the RP. Simple as that. It doesn't matter if it's possible or not and I honestly dont care what points you and him are trying to get across.

Now move on with it and make a damn post in the IC. Arguing over this gets nobody anywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:06 pm

YOU DOOF!!!!!! YOU CAN'T PUT A TIME MACHINE IN A CAT!!!!
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:11 pm

Maxx...
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Technically based on my Understanding of it the Cat Isn't the Time machine, just it's target.... But more than likely I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:16 pm

I want to see some scientific article explaining in excruciating detail how this would work. It must be written by a real quantum physicist, not you. Those time travel panels don't count.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:19 pm

And until then you can both shut up.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:25 pm

I still found it funny.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Screw it. I like Loki too much to drop him out of this RP, so I guess I'll just fine tune him.

Name: Loki (Loh-Kee)

Age: 134 (he can't die of old age, and he looks like he's only a year old)

Species Name: Lorem Ipsum

Appearance:
Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 Harespring
Height: 9 in.
Length: 1 ft
Weight: 20 lb

Personality: Loki is thought of as very energetic and incredibly confident, to the point where he can be a bit cocky. He is incredibly daring, and willing to take risks because he thinks he probably won't get harmed, which is almost always the case. He is also very curious, and it's his personal goal to try and learn everything the universe has to offer. He is also very proud of who he is and what he does best, and if anyone says otherwise, he would think that person is incredibly stupid.

Weapons/Abilities: Loki may look like an average house cat on the outside, but his internal anatomy couldn't be anymore different. He has incredible endurance, intelligence, speed and jumping power. He can be thrown at the wall one way, then thrown at another wall, then come bouncing back to fight some more. He is not invincible, however. Smashing into those walls hurt, though maybe not as much. Yeah, he could probably jump off an 8 story building and live, but he would probably break a few bones. Yeah, you could shoot him with a pistol, and the bullet may not go very deep, but he would still bleed from it. He is also still vulnerable to fire, lightning, etc. He can also run at a top speed of 25 mph, though he can't run that fast for long. Like a cheetah, his body will heat up quickly. And he can jump into the air and be 10 feet from the ground. His endurance allows him to land back on the ground without getting hurt. He also has retractable claws, that he can use to attempt to pick locks or scratch someone. Last but not least he has an immune system that will never slow down on its own.

Other: He does not like to drink sodium hydroxide.

Well, I hope this gets accepted. I know I didn't get into detail as to why he can do all those things, but I really don't think it matters. And yes, I totally dropped the teleportation thing, since it was such an issue.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Please explain how he is so durable.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Hm... I don't think I'm educated enough to tell you that. I'll just take that out then.

Edit: No, wait, I'll try to think of something...

Edit 2: You know what, I think I'll just make him humanoid cat and give him a pistol, since I apparently can't give him any biological powers in a science fiction RP.

Last edited by FlowerFox on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Maxx Toron wrote:
YOU DOOF!!!!!! YOU CAN'T PUT A TIME MACHINE IN A CAT!!!!

For reasons obvious I find this hilarious.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:31 pm

I like this forum. This is a nice CENSORED forum.

Anyone who gets the reference and the person who said it gets a cookie. I'll give you a hint: It's a far cry from what you think.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:32 pm

No, flox! You need to explain how it works. Ask God Mod; she'll whip something up.

You can't just tell me "Jimmy can fly" without explaining how Jimmy does that.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Hmm... I understand your point. I was thinking he had dense muscle mass and really strong bones, as well as skin as tough as elephant skin. Though I'm not sure that's good enough. I'm sure there are other animals out there I could use to help explain it, but I'm not as knowledgeable on such subjects as God-mod or Vipera.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:49 pm

I can help provide information on endurance, Flower, although in truth, I don't think elephant skin is really that strong. One of the most resilient and combat-related creatures in the natural world that don't have shells or dermal armor is the honey badger. A honey badger's skin is extremely thick and loose. Because its skin is so thick, most sharp objects (Including machetes) don't affect it, not saying it's bullet proof, but teeth and claws, (Or blades) would be rendered mostly useless. Because it's skin is remarkably loose, the only safe place to grab the animal is by the scruff of its neck, as anywhere else, it can still twist around and bite you. The strength of a jaguar's jaw can crush the skull of most creatures, and a single swing of a tiger's paw can shatter the spine of a bear.

As for fast running, physical augmentations would be required. A deeper, larger chest cavity to accommodate a large heart and lungs, longer, more powerful legs, and a slightly shorter tail that acts as a rudder for fast turns. The claws should be semi-retractable, so that they aren't fully out, but just far enough to allow gripping surfaces. Larger nostrils aid in taking in air.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks! Alright, so it has skin like a badger's. I'll remove the speed thing. He'd probably rarely ever use it. It's not that I don't like what your saying, but I'm feeling a bit lazy and don't really feel like adjusting his body. What about high jumps?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Honey badger, Flower, normal badgers don't have that trait. High-jumping animals, such as the kudu and tiger, possess extremely muscular hind legs, and the tiger and jaguar possess larger claws that are likely more hooked in shape, also being sharper, which allows them to climb. If you want his skeletal structure to handle the shock, the tibia and fibula bones in the hind leg, along with the carpals of the hind paws, would be fused into single, strong bones. This would probably make it hard to move the foot in a certain way, maybe to the side of their normal position, though. The bones in the front legs would have also fused to allow better shock absorbing capability on the landings, this is how a frog handles such jumps. Now, if you wanted to base it on insects, jumping spiders, in general, have well-developed natural hydraulic systems in their legs. By increasing blood pressure in the hind legs, they can jump up to fifty times their height. I would highly recommend the bone fusion, though, because it's easier for bones to absorb the shock if they're solid. Cats may land on their feet, but this is because their legs are shorter compared to their body, allowing them to twist in midair so they land in a certain way. If they have too much shock applied to their legs, their bones will break, because they aren't adapted to make huge jumps.

Now, I am aware you are removing super speed, but you should still give him a larger rib cage, regardless. This just means he'll be barrel-chested, for a house cat, there's not much external change. Whether it's running or jumping, a large heart and lungs would aid in both, because this means better capability for transporting oxygen and nutrients through the body.

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next