Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark

Go down 
+7
ViperaUnion
Dr. Taco.
DemDogg
The Stalker of Shadows
God-Mod
FlowerFox
Maxx
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:16 pm

While I am not against it and am a neutral party, I have to raise the question.

I honestly dont understand why it needs the durability part. Sure, falling maybe, but it doesnt have super strength so it'd be easy to just kill off by just pinning it down and breaking it's neck. You dont need to penatrate the skin for that. Coupled with the fact that the cat is what, five pounds?

Hell, if I had to I'd have Sal use it's durability against it. Just grab it by the tail and slam it against things because I doubt it'd come off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Make it's bones more elastic so they're resistant to breaking? They'd have to be slightly thicker and the cat would weigh more, but that would make it very hard to injure physically.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Operator, you can't break something's neck or pin it down if it twists around and takes your hand off. Honey badgers are tiny, but humans can't kill them easily.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:21 pm

It's a cat. What is it going to do? Scratch me? Bite me?

I'm not hunting Honey Badgers Vipera.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:24 pm

A honey badger only has teeth and claws, too, and it's famously dangerous to humans.

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 220px-Honey_badger

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:25 pm

Vipera, were you even reading the second half of my last post?
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Operator, it would have the same abilities as the honey badger. It wouldn't just be a house cat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Operator, you're missing the point. If it has skin like a honey badger, it could twist around at take your hand off because I suggested jaws as powerful as a jaguar's. If you want me to make it worse, then give him teeth as hard as a rat's, then it's like iron.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Well why dont we just have Flox make it a honey badger instead? One that's super intelligent and can jump high.

Anyway, once again, I'm not against it. I'm just raising the question.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:30 pm

because she wants it to be a cat. 

Is that a no on the bones thing?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:33 pm

More elastic bones are more for flexibility. If the bones fuse together, they are thicker, and absorb more shock. They can be elastic, but if they're not thick, it defeats the purpose of handling a landing.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Thanks Vipera. I'll have your info in mind when I fine tune him some more. But I've just got hit by the lethargic monster, so it'll wait until either later tonight or tomorrow. I hope you understand why I'm doing this. A normal cat like him who is cocky and not afraid to take on any challenge no matter how dangerous would be like Exo without regenerative skin.

I do plan on it having barrel like ribs, skin like a honey badger's, muscular back legs, fused bone legs, hooked long claws that are relatively sharp, and teeth as strong as a rat's. He'll also be able to twist in his skin. I've heard normal cats can do that too to some extent. (Twist in their skin, I mean). He needs someway to be able to fight...
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:37 pm

But it's skin is irrelevant. If you grab a dog by the neck and pin it down by holding it's spine it's not going anywhere. If you want to get an animal down you dont grab it by the scruff of it's neck.

But seriously, you guys are talking about all this weird CENSORED. It's a cat. You're adding in all this stuff that Flox didn't have to begin with.

I thought the RP was supposed to be realistic. Not some hybridized super animal with the skin of a honey badger, the jaws of a jaguar, the teeth of a rats, the legs of a frog, etc.

When is it going to stop? At what point are you going to say: "You know I dont think this would ever realistically happen." For all we care the cat could be less affected by Earth's gravitational pull and force. It can jump high and take a few hits. Easy fix. No need to go a make Frankencat.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Jaws like a jaguar, and musculature like a tiger's in the front legs. In addition to rat hardness, give him a sort of tooth shape similar to a tiger shark, and maybe three rows of teeth, like a python or anaconda. With this, to rip free of his bite would create a deep, bleeding wound because flesh would snag on his teeth. A swing from a tiger's paw will snap bones.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Hey, Vipera, wanted to apologize. I started to get defensive there and a bit unreasonable. Sorry about that. I got caught up and it was uncalled for. You guys are my friends and arguing over something so trivial is stupid of me.

Again, sorry. I'mma back out of this conversation for a little bit...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:52 pm

It's okay. I can see where you're coming from, and it's true that a cat doesn't seem very powerful in most ways, but I truly believe that if a cat had all the abilities I suggest, it would be like the world's ultimate feline. I kind of got defensive, too, sorry we started to argue, Op.

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm just trying to create an animal that can defend itself from other aliens. Also, he is not a house cat. He is actually an alien that looks like a house cat, but has an anatomy that is completely different. Oh, and thanks again Vipera.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:55 pm

No problem, Flower, I enjoy researching animals, so I find out some pretty cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm working on a character who will be sent by the Lumiens to work with the NER.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Who were the Lumiens, again? I'm sorry, I get all these alien races mixed up constantly.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Myre's race. The New Jabbans, but that name irritates me. The Spire is the capital of their government. 

Also, i need headwear for the Consul to wear. Go!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:15 pm

...I offer advice on animals and plants...not headgear, but at any rate, a consul could wear a white powdered wig...kinda like a supreme court justice.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:18 pm

A big tophat, like Doug Dimidome, the owner of the Dimesdale Dimidome.

(Look it up.)
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 pm

I wonder how tall that hat really is...in fact...how does he walk while wearing it?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:30 pm

I think it symbolizes how much money he has. It got bigger every episode he was in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next