Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

POKEMON Violet OOC

Go down 
+3
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Maxx
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:37 am

She ain't dead yet. Just busy. And tired. It's like 4:30. Damn, I need t- ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz........
Back to top Go down
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:59 am

Oh, now I remember why I never played with the sound on: that Evil or Very Mad critical health noise.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:44 am

Triop5 wrote:
Oh, now I remember why I never played with the sound on: that Evil or Very Mad critical health noise.

Aaargh! No. Stop. Don't mention that! Now I can't stop thinking about it! Well, at least gen 5 had okay music with it.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:41 am

Actually, though, remembering it gave me an idea for something I could do IC when the opportunity presents itself...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 1:21 pm

I hate that sound, why does it even need to play? Yes, I can see that my Pokemon's health is low, it's a small red line!
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Triop5 wrote:
Actually, though, remembering it gave me an idea for something I could do IC when the opportunity presents itself...

If you even think about putting that music in your post, I'm going to splash the CENSORED out of your team.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:57 am

I'd never put that sound in a post! What kind of person do you think I am?!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:58 am

...Huh?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:59 am

Everyone hates critical health music, Vipera.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:07 am

Yes...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:00 am

Vipes, why all the Nocturne dragons?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:16 am

I decided that I liked Nocturne dragons, and that it'll be really easy to create a very long, pure-bred lineage with common dragons. We're also still waiting for you to post.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:20 am

on it.
Back to top Go down
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:39 am

I tried to incorporate the fact that Cirrus chose Elekid over Squirtle and Mime Jr. I don't think I had to mention the Mime Jr. IC; Cirrus wants a tough Pokemon and Elekid fits his ideas of what that would be.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Its final evolved form is very powerful, In games Electivire always beats me...but that's usually because I chose the Water starter and my strongest Pokemon was a water-type.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm not sure why you're pitting your water-type against electric-types anyways. A fast Pokemon with Earthquake would kill it, and a ground-type would just render Electrivire inert.

In other words, concerning dragons, Flight Rising beats Dragon Cave any day.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:56 pm

I mean when I'm playing the game legitimately. Because my first Pokemon is the first to get trained, it winds up far stronger than all the others, to the point that the others get knocked out on the first hit, and my only Pokemon capable of standing any chance is the Water-Type starter. Although, I think my character in the story might catch a Growlithe and evolve it into Arcanine later. As it turns out, an Arcanine or Growlithe can hold its own against pokemon ten levels ahead of it, and aside from weakness to water and ground-type attacks, it's got decent strength, and really good speed that trumps a lot of different opponents.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:13 pm

That's your problem, you're only raising your starter. You have to keep your team balanced out, even if that means grinding your pokemon up in tall grass.

In any case, I was reading through the OP and one sheet in particular stood out to me. Red. It seems like such a total mary-sue: raised by Oak, named after Red, over-the-top tragic past, oh, and what is with that level 61 Tyranitar? He's three times the level of every other Pokemon in the thread.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Concerning the Tyranitar, we're doing something similar to Ash's Charizard. Because it's so high of a level it wont obey him, is violent, unpredictable, and will not do anything for Red whatsoever. We're trying to get some character development in. We sorted this all on on Club Deoxys before we moved it here. The other two are okay with it because they both know I cant use in in a battle for the sake or realism.

As for the over the top tragic past thing, I have no excuse. I had a thing for that a little while ago and it was before you taught me a little more about making character sheets. I do want to revise it some, but Red's a bit too far into the story to do much now.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:53 pm

I dunno, Op, the truth is part of the reason Riffraff knows Blizzard right now is because an ice-type move not only can do damage on opponents that he has a type disadvantage against, but also because it's super-effective on dragons. I'm sorry to say I'm a bit scared to battle your character if mine meets yours in the future.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:59 pm

If I may, I would recommend Ice mean. While it doesnt have quite as much power, it is 25% more accurate. Just some advice.

I proposed this to Maxx a little while ago and he loved it. It's a program called pokemon showdown for the computer. Choose from any of the 649 pokemon, choose their moves, abilities, levels, natures, etc and then battle other people online. Best part, it's good quality and free.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/

I actually have built a team based on the one I have now that's the same level as in the OP (Tyranitar not included). It's a more fair way to settle who actually wins the battle in the end. What happens between initiation of the battle and the end of the battle can be sorted out between those who are doing it. But winner could be settled through this.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:02 pm

So how far is the story exactly? I don't think I've heard of level 20s using Blizzard, is the information on the sheets outdated?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:10 pm

It's a TM move. The story's not too far.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:14 pm

No, the Pokemon Cubone can learn the move Blizzard via TM, it's not attainable by leveling up or through breeding. TMs exist in the RP, and I made sure to confirm that my character could have her Pokemon learn it, first, and that it was okay with Maxx. Other than that, I'm making sure to stay loyal to the leveling system and the moves the Pokemon have the potential to learn. Although at the beginning, when the Cubone was level five, Maxx permitted me to have my Pokemon start with a move that it didn't normally have at level five, because otherwise, it wouldn't know any attacking moves at all.

As for leveling up, Operator's characters are ahead because they had their first gym battle already, whereas my character is currently chasing down someone who stole her Gastly, just before she had her own first gym battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POKEMON Violet OOC   POKEMON Violet OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

POKEMON Violet OOC
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next