Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

End of Infinity IC

Go down 
+2
Angelwolf99
Canis_dirus
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

End of Infinity IC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:41 pm

"Whup," Sairei said, taking to the air, "Time to go already."

She went to go pick up Zal-Tek; she was pretty sure he didn't want to fall in the boiling earth.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Mallis rolled his eyes. "Why do you dragons have to make everything so perverted? Everything is about boyfriends and girlfriends, and babies, and eggs, and BLEHEHEHEHEH!!! I MEANT YOU ARE MINE TO KILL!" Mallis growled. He returned he began to reform into his usual shape, but still in a gaseous state. He smiled at the Eradicators.

"I'd watch your mouth if I were you. DADDY'S HOME!!!" he shot a large blast of purple light at Sairei which trapped her in a bubble that deflected anything that would hit her and making her rise above the city.

He noticed the other creature, Zal-Tek and shot a bubble at that thing too.

"Now, time for some magic" he said. His claws lengthened, his lower body split into a mass of tentacles and writhing snakes. His neck lengthened and a screeching black and purple aura coated the air around him. It would not harm Sairei or Zal-Tek, but it would make them want to vomit from the horrid smell.

Mallis shot a ray of purple into the ground where the crumbling was and the melting transformed into fire that rose high into the air and creating a flaming swirling vortex that consumed the city, heat going everywhere.

"I must be the one to kill Sairei..." Mallis said darkly to the robots.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:49 pm

Suddenly in a bubble, Sairei stopped flapping and hovered.

"Cozy," she said with a smile. "And cute."

She lifted a clawed forepaw and brought it down in a blinding arc of purple light. The bubble split open and collapsed, leaving her free-falling toward Zal-Tek.

After she reached him, she split his bubble and landed gracefully.
"Need another lift?"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Zal-Tek nodded, still highly amused by Mallis' efforts. "One second," he whispered to Sairei, before turning to address Mallis.

"You say you want to kill Sairei," he began, "but you know what else? Already from your display of power I can tell that you have to feed to use your magic, isn't that right?"
He raised his eyebrows, "what do you expect to eat if these robots destroy it all?" He asked, "surely you don't think you can take them on your own..."
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Mallis made a scowl at Sairei. "Really? The one time I'm nice to you and even allow you to use one of my special orbs that promises zero damage and you REJECT IT? You're an idiot Sairei! Go on. We'll see how long you and your friend last without me on your side!" he yelled. "You know you need me! You've seen my power!"

He then looked to Zal-Tek. "Even if a realm is left empty, it still has the same fibers and netting. I can still eat it even if there's nothing IN it! Even if it's destroyed, the only way to render it uneatable is if a magic source powerful enough to damage its physical form and its magical form does so! Something like the Darkness. Understand? Now if you're leaving, get out of here!"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Zal-Tek rolled his eyes.
"But still you say we know we need your help," he said flatly, "do you want an alliance or not? You act like we're refusing your help, when you have yet to do anything but attack us!" He laughed, "make up your mind."
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Sairei found herself liking Zal-Tek. He was clever, resourceful, and seemed to have a very low opinion of Mallis.

Give him three gold stars, why not.

"I don't think he'll ally with the likes of us," Sairei whispered. "He's...difficult. And we'd never be able to rely on him."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Mallis rolled his eyes. "Fine! Come on Sairei!" He said. His tentacles grew back into a long snaky trail of smoke and wings sprouted from his back. He began flying next to Sairei, and just to show off her went faster than her. I need something else to do with my life. He thought. Have a family? No. Tried that. Uhm...
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Zal-Tek chuckled quietly and whispered back.
"Don't worry...  he can't trust me either."

Zal-Tek had spent plenty of time sparring with his brother, both in words and in melee.  It was hard for him to fight Shallno directly due to his lack of ranged attacks, but it worked, and another thing it had done was get him accustomed to doing battle with dark creatures, to the point that he had a small amount of physical resistance to shadow magic.  Here's hoping this was the same kind of magic.

Besides, it had worked hadn't it? But no, Sairei was probably right. It wasn't as if Zal-Tek was one to trust people anyway. He would be keeping a close eye on Mallis...
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Sairei already had a plan in motion.

"There's a certain...buzzing...sensation around here," she said. "I am not sure if you can sense it. Either of you....but perhaps we should find it's source? The Eradicators seem to be connected to it."

She paused for a moment.

"It also reeks of trap."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:25 pm

"I seem to sense it. The source... I can feel it somewhere in there, but it's too hard to make out" Mallis said. "But if we're going to go attack it, can we at least stop somewhere first? I need to absorb things before I attack something else. I assume you both could use some rest as well?" Mallis said. "I've gotta get something else in my blood, I need more magical essence. That last spell drained me pretty good. Plus it was a total waste! Protecting you two... what was I thinking? Ungrateful little... Ugh, where to?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:31 pm

"I'm not letting you kill anyone just to supply your magic!" Sairei said hotly. "And there is no way I'm letting you into my home dimension either!"
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:42 pm

"You want my help or not little princess?" Mallis mocked her. "You wanted me to come,  I came and I'm not going to betray you like I did Tharan, Phaedra, Lethor, Madness, Ariana, Camo-namo, and whoever else was in Insanity's ship that day. We have a common enemy I guess. I mean, I COULD just go back to Keros and look for a different place to eat. But since I'm a great guy and all, I've decided to come and hang out with you--the person I absolutely hate the most!" Mallis said in a mockingly cheerful way.

"You want my help? Your gonna go by my terms. I'm getting souls. Without them I'm as weak as a newborn child--that can't die, but still! I can't fight without them!"

He looked at her skeptically. "And don't worry, you won't have to let me in. I'll find my own way in. ONE WAY OR ANOTHER! Besides, I know about Dark Vortex Dragons. I'm sure you know all about my past as well. I'm sure you know who Amagus is, I'm sure you know about that stupid wolf guy that my daughter is dating..." Mallis growled in a teeth git fashion. "I'm sure you know about my parents, my siblings and their deaths, I'm sure you know about how I died, everything."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Their conversation was cut short by more energy beams from the Eradicators that came straight toward them with the unerring aim of a machine. The Eradicators began to approach from multiple directions as they converged on the trio that seemed to be causing them so much trouble and was making it difficult to complete their mission.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:07 pm

Sairei threw up a shield to block the nearest beams- it pulsed as it was hit, sending glowing purple sparks in all directions.

"Alright guys, it would seem I have no choice. Say goodbye to physics for a moment."

Her wings seemed to expand, and she enveloped everyone in one fluid motion. After that, they seemed to fold inward on themselves, and vanish in a flash of purple light.

All that remained behind were a few curiously shaped hexagonal particles that seemed to glow like dying embers.

In a sickening crunch, they unfolded within the familiar confines of Sairei's home dimension. Sairei lay panting, Zal-Tek on her left, and Mallis on her right.

"...Is everyone in one piece?" she moaned, lifting her head. "Oooh I hate doing that..."
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Mallis looked around. "We... we're in your home?" he glanced everywhere. He pulled out some sort of glowing black and purple stone tablet and wrote something into it with his finger. He folded the notebook into his body again and it disappeared.

He studied everything hard. "I knew I'd get to see this place one day..." Mallis told himself quietly he turned to Sairei. "So this is where you and Twilit live? Is this place like the Vault? What's it made of? How did you do that?" Mallis kept asking questions.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Sairei kept her mouth shut.

"I'm not telling you anything about this place," she snapped. "Are you alright or do I need to 'fix' you?"

Twilit walked up, noting Sairei's attitude.
"I saw you come in," he said. "You didn't use one of your portals?"

"...Nope," Sairei said, throwing a backward glance and Mallis. "I didn't want to risk it, even though it's easier. Hasty escape route seemed best."

Twilit followed her gaze and understood. He said nothing more, preferring to observe.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Zal-Tek clambered back up onto his feet and looked around.  Sure enough, they were back in Sairei's home.
And he didn't like it one bit.

Just because he was confident in his abilities to convince people to help him, didn't mean he was confident in their loyalty. Especially not Mallis. He grumbled slightly, but passed it off as annoyance towards their mode of transport. "I'm fine," he said quickly, not taking his eyes off Mallis. He wondered passively what the 'Vault' was, but decided that was a question for another time.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:41 pm

Mallis slipped in front of Sairei, ignoring her in every way possible. "Hello Twilit," he said narrowing his eyes and grinning. His body lengthened so he could meet the dragon at eye level. Mallis was very tall...

"I believe the last time we met, you knew me by the name of Arcelis." he stuck his hand out for some sort of "evil hand shake."

"So how'd you feel when you defeated all those Ancients and helped me nemesis Tharan kill the Guardian? Did you feel proud? I hope not. I planned the whole thing. I new Tharan would have won, especially with your help. Tell me, was it a good feat? Did you celebrate in any way?" Mallis grinned.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:01 am

Twilit regarded him curiously, cocking his head like a curious tabby tomcat. Without any conscious effort, he began to grow taller as well, pupil-less eyes staring into Mallis'. Black, hexagonal particles radiated off him randomly.

"I can see into your soul, Mallis," he said calmly. Telepathically he added, "And I know how jealous you are of Sairei and I. Do not play games with me."

"Alright!" Sairei called. "This is a quick-stop! I do NOT want to be in here babysitting mister darkness-butt here. Whatever you need, tell me now so we can get out of here and DEAL with this problem!"

She addressed Mallis specifically.
"And don't think I'm letting you out of my sight for ONE MINUTE. I know that if the moment comes where you think you can attack me and come out on top, you'll take it. Don't think I'm not watching....And don't try anything in here, or you will seriously regret it."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:12 am

Zal-Tek narrowed his eyes. He could sense the situation getting out of hand, and almost felt it was his responsibility to stop it. He sensed Twilit sending a telepathic message to Mallis, but decided not to listen in. Not only was it unneeded, but it was also rude. Still, he couldn't help noticing how quietly intimidating Twilit was being, not to mention the fact that he could see Twilit visibly growing.

His golden eye glowed for a moment as he decided it would be much safer to keep a close watch on Mallis. His spell would alert him if Mallis gathered even the slightest bit of magic for any type of spell, and with a little more focus he could even guess what the spell might do. It was a simple, handy early warning system, and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:12 am

Meanwhile...

Deep in the blackest reaches of space, the darkness chuckled silently as it reviewed recent events. I wonder if that thing consumed more than just Mallis's soul Veriska thought to herself. He is an arrogant fool. Who blabs about being weak then proceeds to threaten not one, but two beings of unknown power?

The whole lot of them are entertainingly naive. They will have their eyes opened.

The stars became visible once again, as Veriska collected her shadows into her corporeal form. She waved her hand, and as she did so spectral energy arced from her fingertips creating a ghostly green disk before her. When it expanded to full size, Veriska's form stretched, then faded into it's glowing depths.

She emerged into a dark, dead realm and waited; knowing well that her patience would be rewarded.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 2:28 am

In the realm, a dense dark grey fog billowed forward. Before Veriska, a figure appeared, shrouded in the fog. It's face was hidden beneath a long cloak that concealed its true form. "Back again Veriska?" it asked.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 2:56 am

Veriska and stood her ground and replied. "Would you expect less of me?" Without waiting for a response she continued. "I have come here with a proposition that I think you'll find most enticing."
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 2:58 am

The figure's hood leaned forward some, indicating attention. "And what is this proposition?" the figure rasped. "I trust you remember the usual terms...." as the smoke engulfed them both and the everything went black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of Infinity IC   End of Infinity IC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

End of Infinity IC
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next