Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)

Go down 
+9
Shade Forgot His Password
The Real Shade
True Night
DemDogg
Celo "The Moms"
JunkMail
Maxx
ViperaUnion
Mr Allen J
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Prepare yourselves...for madness.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:36 pm

So when's the next act? :3
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Shortly, I'm waiting for Maxx to post.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Okay ^w^ great
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 4:04 am

Timeskipping tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:41 pm

can't wait :3
let's get this thing rollin'!
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:05 am

Alright, it's the next day. A few things to note;

The Blackmores plus Lily, are in the Training hall, breaking social barriers like the building was designed for. They're free for interaction from anyone.

Johnny & Sylvia are in the headmaster's mansion. Don't recommend interaction because me and shade are putting our plans into action!

Lin will pop up shortly.

Jake is MIA, prolly will be somewhere with Lin, dunno.

I'm putting Lemontea back into the mix, somehow. Probably will do something with Operator like he asked.

Sending a few people a PM saying that we've timeskipped.... And that's all folks. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 2:01 am

Will conclude Seth's pains and introduce Cait soon.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 5:54 am

kk. I'll post soon.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 pm

Time for me to jump back in, then.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 12:42 am

Basic Information

Name: Anastasia Krol
Nicknames: The Nightingale
Height: 5'7
Weight: 110

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Icy Blue
Nationality: Eastern European
Physical Appearance:

The Nightingale is an interesting contradiction when it comes to appearances: she's both physically unimposing, and yet gives off a very intimidating aura. She may be a featherweight, but Anastasia can damn well hold her own against opponents several weight classes above her-as several misbehaving students have found out. Anastasia is slender and lean, possessing the type of build you'd see on a dancer or gymnast (fitting, given that she spent some time as both). She moves gracefully and absolutely silently, feet falling in a perfect rhythm. Her movements are deceptively quick, and she tends to go unnoticed unless she draws attention to herself. Her face is pale and, well, rather pretty, although normally covered up by a mask. The few students who have seen her without the mask on (or in her borderline-spandex suit) enjoy making snide comments to her; she enjoys putting them in armlocks until they loudly announce they were totally kidding and it will never happen again ow ow ow

Anastasia typically keeps her hair in a no-nonsense ponytail, hanging back behind her head, or occasionally lets it fall lazily around her shoulders. She doesn't bother much with appearances-one, she spends most of her time in full combat gear, and two, she doesn't seem particularly interested in appearances, or social conventions in general. She doesn't talk much with the other faculty members, but she does enjoy the company of the Eyes, for some reason. Her lips are typically chapped from many hours out in the cold, and occasionally bleeding from where she habitually bites them to pass the time while on the clock tower or patrolling the fences.

Attire:

The Nightingale's suit puts Solid Snake to shame. Her gear is perhaps a power in and of itself, given that the Nightingale wears her armor like a second skin. A deep purple, the Nightingale's suit resembles a blend between a ninja's sneaking garb, a spec ops soldiers' ensemble, and the protection a police officer going into a riot would wear. Kevlar weave, ceramic plated patches cover vital areas, and the suit is designed to lessen the impact of blunt impact and be resistant to blades or bullets. Of course, ideally, the Nightingale never gets shot at or stabbed in the first place. Furthermore, a holster and sling hold her various weapons, and the utility belt on her waist and the rig stretching up to her shoulders holds spare magazines, knives, flashbangs, first aid gear, and several other useful items: all of which she's had plenty of time to stockpile from her time in the armory.

Personality

Outward Personality: ....
Hobbies/Skills: She enjoys whittling, writing music, spending time with animals, photography, poetry, and archery. As far as skills go, the Nightingale is a very skilled markswoman, with techniques and form suggesting formal training. Furthermore, she fights in a very brutal, efficient manner that martial arts afficionados would recognize as some of the advanced forms of krav maga, making her a potent threat up close as well-superpowered or no, the human body still has a few very exploitable weaknesses. She's also very skilled at infiltration, bodyguarding, and tactical thinking: hence her role as the school's security guard. Additionally, she was a skilled gymnast and dancer for some time, which doesn't sound terribly useful in this RP, but her flexibility and discipline aren't to be discounted.
History/Bio: No one's entirely sure. Her skill set and mannerisms suggest some form of military training, but the songs she's written also imply some kind of musical background. Not to mention her martial arts prowess hints towards several years minimum in a dojo. She's definitely enigmatic, and rumors circle about her, although very different ones from the faculty and the (male) student body.
Favorite color: ...

Abilities

Power Class: Other

Power:

The Nightingale has several powers which, frankly, aren't really related to each other.

Firstly, she's capable of discharging needles from her body. These needles are made of some form of metal, no one's entirely sure what kind. She fires these needles at rather disproportionate speeds from her palms, and can "spike out" from any point on her body-say you grabbed her from behind, you might find a rather sharp pain as she turned into a human porcupine. Of course, when wearing her suit, this would tear it to shreds, so she prefers to keep it to her palms.

Secondly, the Nightingale has a rather curious effect on shadows and darkness. They seem to deepen when she's around, and....reach out to her. The Nightingale can do nothing so blatant as manipulate shadow or darkness *glances at Caden* but rooms she's in tend to darken subtly over time, and the shadows mask her in more ways than one. They hide her metaphorically as well as physically: her scent, her presence, her memory; when the Nightingale draws into deep shade, people are very apt to look over her, forget whom they were hunting...

Finally, the Nightingale can exude an aura of total silence. This is useful for both sneaking about, as she makes literally no sound, and is also very psychologically rattling-very few people have experienced total silence before. In fact, none of you have. There's always been some ambient noise. Total deafness being imposed upon someone who isn't suspecting it is very unnerving, and studies have found that prolonged sensory deprivation can lead to paranoia, hallucinations...all sorts of fun things. This is accentuated by the way the shadows seem to dance when Anastasia's around.

Weaknesses:

The Nightingale is mute. The Nightingale's bones also lose their strength the more she relies upon her needles; however, they heal back more quickly. Finally, the Nightingale doesn't care much for direct sunlight. It doesn't pain her or weaken her, just is very annoying. She'd rather stick to the dark hallways of the Othergrounds.

Burst Potential: ALL TEH BURTS

No but Alpha, Zeta, and Omicron.

Other:
-Sexual comments about her, or in general, seem to piss her off.
-Takes her job seriously.
-Tad bit paranoid.
-Speaks some Eastern European language, let's go with...Russian?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:05 am

If you pick Omicron, you can only have that Burst alone (Just to discourage usage of it). Otherwise she's accepted... Post her in the character dump.

Now I have an urge to make one of the Stasis escapees a character... But the only one I can think of is Eliza... and Drake turned her into a shadow. Hm. I'll think of something.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:10 am

Make her a shadow monster/being!
....idk XD
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Dragonfly may or may not recognize another Stasis escapee... Maybe not know who they are anymore, but their face could be familiar to him.

Anyway, speaking of DF, I'll wait until Livvy's group gets down in the sub-basement before posting as him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:38 am

I'll post here right after I take care of my own rp which I am apparently completely incapable of doing!
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 4:08 am

Oh it has been so long since I have had any free time. Maybe I will make a new character.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:08 am

ultra wrote:
Oh it has been so long since I have had any free time. Maybe I will make a new character.

I don't know... You've disappeared for quite awhile, and we've already advanced quite a bit. And I already killed your guy off a long time ago.

Anywho, once Shade posts, I'll post again.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Hey Nick, you think you could have Nobody talk to Jake?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Yus
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:38 pm

I'll make something happen soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:48 am

Oh yeah Shade,  I mentioned that Stasis wasn't marked on the map.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:55 am

Livvy knows where it is from escaping, if that's okay, but I can still change it
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:00 am

Hmm... That's fine.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:01 am

She has such a deathly fear of it she'd refuse to lead the group back there, I can still change it if you want however. I'm working harder on not being "that guy".

Also, is it cool for the outside of the armory to be littered with dead bodies, courtesy of the Nightingale's handiwork against the school's invaders?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:08 am

Yeah, both are fine. 

Itc'll be a little while before I can properly post because of broken comp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)
Page 23 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next