Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once In Light

Go down 
+6
True Night
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
Sairei
Celo "The Moms"
Angelwolf99
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Once In Light - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 11:14 pm

Edur reared up again, this time, a bolt of blue-white magic shooting up from his horn into the clouds above, illuminating them with a bright glow, before fading. The rain around them that Skye had caused changed, turning into snowfall, which was gentle, but enough of a change to make the weather favor Edur's element. He drove his front hooves into the ground, kicking up snow, which caught in midair, and swirled into wickedly-sharp spikes of ice, levitating around him momentarily, before he directed them at the drake Lessya. He couldn't shoot at anything else, as the snake had fled, and the other captor was grappling with an escaped prisoner, which Edur could not afford to harm. He didn't intend to kill Lessya, either, if she was still alive, though he desperately needed somewhere for his anger to go. The spikes sailed over, and landed in a circle around Lessya, morphing into a frozen cage of sorts, one that the drake could not escape through flight, thanks to the fact that the presence of snow and water made Edur capable of keeping something that breathed fire caged. Fire never did well when met with the presence of high amounts of water, it was just a fact regarding nature.

Edur then channeled his magic again, this time, ice swirling around and forming shields around him, for protection, as Skye ran up beside him, her work having been finished. He looked at her with one eye, an ear flicking towards her, "You have water magic, can you not use it as a weapon?" He asked. The pegasus shook her head. Edur snorted, and went back to focusing all energy on the ice shields, smelling the charge of electricity that indicated lightning. "Perhaps not with what you already know, but that magic can be tamed, it is no different than me changing rain to snow, I did not immediately know the other more diverse uses." It helped him calm down, giving advice to someone else.

It was the first time one of the equines had spoken since capture. Edur watched the fight, "I would help, but I do not wish to harm an ally."
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:23 am

Lilith was tired of waiting around. Her wings, horns and tail disappeared before she dropped to the ground. She positioned herself behind a tree, out of sight before deactivating her cloaking ability. A feminine voice rang out "Stop this nonsense! There's no need to fight." With that she stepped out from cover and strut casually towards the group. The snowflakes from Edur's magic melted upon contact with her skin and rolled down her form as liquid before dissipating into the air. She stopped in the center of the camp and pointed a long nailed finger at the last standing former captor of the group. "I need a moment with him, and I suggest you comply." She held up her hands and looked around at everyone before continuing. "I'm not planning on going anywhere with him, and the moment I'm done he's all yours." Lilith's speech ended with her arms returning to her sides and her adopting a indifferent stance.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:51 am

The feline currently pinning Gerrin down as best she could froze and stared at Lillith. She knew that type of creature. They were powerful and rarely had anyone in mind besides themselves. She thought she might have been able to fight Lillith, but deigned not to. She wasn't stupid.

Gerrin threw her off before she could move herself, and got up. He was about twice her size, and probably would have done that soon anyway. He narrowed his eyes slightly as he took in the scene around him, then stepped towards Lillith. At the moment she was his safest bet, and that thought only served to show him how far he had fallen in the last few minutes. He looked up at her, keeping a mask of slightly irritable calm, and waited for her to speak first.

Quite honestly, Kader was not pleased. But the creature who had set them free simply by being around had backed off, and he took that as his cue not to do anything stupid. Instead he adopted a slightly less tense stance, though anyone who had ever seen battle could tell he was still ready for action at any moment. He took advantage of the lull in combat to transfer his prepared orb of electricity to his left hand, before cautiously following Terran into the tent in search of his dagger.

It happened to be Lessya's tent, which was lucky considering her status as group leader. Everyone's weapons were inside, along with a few other things such as the two amulets Kabiri and Gerrin had worn the night before. Kader did not spend much time shuffling things around, instead going straight for his knife and heading back outside.
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:13 am

Terran took a bit longer in the tent then Kader did. She quickly found her bag and supplies, but was struggling to find what belonged to her friend. She rubbed her head, trying to remember what Aiko kept on her. A bag maybe. Or maybe a set a knives. Terran dug through the entire pile, struggling to remember such a small detail about her friend. "Urgh." Terran groaned. "My head hurts" Terran eventually decided that remembering was not going to happen.

Instead she began to pick up every bag, weapon and accessory in the room. She was able to her everything in her arms, over her shoulders and hanging from her mouth. Maybe if she brought everything out of the tent Aiko could get her stuff and then they could leave. Terran staggered out of the tent, unable to see due to the bags blocking her vision.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:18 am

When the smaller cat stepped aside a slight smile came to her lips, against her true feelings she gave it a courteous nod. Lilith liked getting her way, and in her mind it was the natural order. No need for any pleasantries. A quick glance told her that Kader wasn't going to cause any trouble, and she was satisfied that none of the others were going challenge her. She closed the distance between herself and Gerrin without so much as checking her back. Once at arms distance she sized him up before placing a hand on his shoulder. Using her telepathy Lilith established a mental communication channel in which they could talk privately. "I've come a long ways to seek your group out. I know what you're looking for, and I have a proposition for your master. Cooperate and I'll see about getting you out of this mess." Outside of the conversation she was still fully alert and capable of responding the others should they say anything, or try anything.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:47 am

Aiko growled at Lillith. This fight was just getting good, though! No matter... "Fine. But I finish him off when wyou're done," she said, pointing a clawed finger at Gerrin. She turned around, letting her features revert to her normal partial-human form, feeling snowflakes from Edur's magic land on her skin and send chill-bumps down her arms. Aiko turned to face the unicorn.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I've never seen another unicorn in all of my travels," she bowed before turning around, noticing Terran struggling with everyone's stuff. She smiled, taking the top of the pile of various items that were obscuring her view. "Good to see you're fine. Aaaand you got pretty drunk last night," Aiko said jokingly. It was quite amazing how she could change moods so quickly from angry to calm.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 2:27 am

Gerrin narrowed his eyes the tiniest bit more.

"Now when you say 'get us out of this mess,'" he asked cautiously, "what exactly do you mean?"
He had heard the kitsune talking behind him, and he hoped to ensure that was not part of the deal. Unfortunately, he could not do much about anything if it all went the wrong way. He knew he was in no position to bargain. All he had was his knowledge, and even that probably would not get him far. There were other groups...

Kader, on the other hand, was eyeing the smaller feline. Her glow had dimmed considerably once the fighting had stopped, but her wide eyes, pale blue all the way through, were unmoving. Kader wasn't sure what she was looking at, really, for all he knew she was somehow looking at everything. But... Something about her seemed familiar... Keeping his attention mainly on listening to the conversation going on a short distance away, Kader began to study the glowing cat. Where had he seen her before?
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:03 am

"Oh no no no. I think you misheard me. I said get you out of this mess. Your coward snake friend is who knows where, and you'll just have to leave the poor drake behind. But don't worry, I doubt they have the stomach for torturing or killing her. So what do you say? You take me to your master and we'll both just disappear." All the while she was probing his thoughts for the information she sought. She had no intention of giving anything in return if she could avoid it, and this conversation was a ploy. Direct contact made it all the easier to suck the fool dry of all he knew.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Edur snorted softly in acknowledgement, and walked up to the pile of things, carefully plucking out two items. The first, the iron locket, which had been stolen from him, and Skye's white drawstring pouch, which he knew belonged to her, just by looking at the string, large enough to go around the neck of an equine easily. His locket, he balanced on his nose, before tossing it up above his horn, so that it slid back into place around his neck. It felt wrong, not having it there, he couldn't imagine losing his locket. He had panicked a bit when he reached to touch it in battle, and did not find it. He took up the lace ribbon of the white bag and carried it outside to Skye, carefully sliding it back around her neck so that it rested comfortably.

Skye nickered slightly, happy to have it back, but still nervous, "Thanks, so, can you make it stop snowing, now?" She asked.

Edur shook his head, "I control ice, to thaw it, that is the job of a Fire Unicorn, and the last Unicorn I ever saw that dealt with that element is long gone." His ears lowered slightly, as though at some memory, before he shook his head slightly, and continued, "It was wise of you, to create the rain, water makes my magic stronger. I do not have complete control over the weather, however, I can make it snow, but what happens next, depends entirely on nature alone. It will probably either melt, or the clouds will run out, they weren't ready to release rain just yet."
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:25 pm

Terran watched the unicorn with great interest as he went over to the pile of stolen belonging and retrieve the locket and bag. She was almost tempted to clap as he tossed the locket skillfully, catching it on his neck. Something that cool almost made Terran wish she was a full deer and not the bottom half of one. But on the flip side, she also loved using her hands to play musical instruments. Terran then turned her attention back to Aiko. "I couldn't have been that drunk." She said with a grin, brushing some snow off the top of her head and furry legs.

"But dang Aiko that was some sick fighting moves. Remind me not to get on your bad side."
Back to top Go down
DerpaGlerp
GLERCT
DerpaGlerp

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:37 pm

Luci twitched again. She had slept like a big plated log all night. She felt something cold and wet on her back, the snow. She winced and rolled over onto her stomach, slowly prying her eyelids open from the deep sleep she had experienced. Luci loved sleeping, especially when she had a long, tiring day, which she did the past day. The young drake opened looked around drowsily. She noticed that she was not on her pile of blankets in her tent. A bit shocked now, she saw all the happenings. She saw Kader, the only one she knew out of all of the people. Luci slowly got up, shaking the snow off of her. She had many questions that needed to be answered.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:52 pm

Aiko grinned, "You would've been more drunk if I hadn't stopped you, but you were still pretty drunk. 'Almost hit a few people swinging your arms around." Aiko grabbed her bag which happened to be in the pile she was currently holding and draped it over her right shoulder, holding the pile with her left hand as she then grabbed her knife and fastened it to her belt. She had adjusted to the snow, now, and felt the chill bumps leaving.

She continued talking to Terran, "Nah, you won't get on my bad side- you're my friend, right?" Aiko smiled before looking back at where Gerrin and Lillith were. "That Gerrin fellow, however, is a different story."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Gerrin took a small step back, glancing behind him at Lessya. Caged and unconscious. His honor told him not to abandon her, but he knew what would happen if he didn't... He gulped. He had to return, for the good of the whole operation, they needed to know about this, and he had told them he would return. It was his word against his loyalties, and he knew which he held as most important.

"Alright."
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:34 am

"On second thought I have what I want. Thanks for being a good chap and playing along." Lilith forcibly ended the mental conversation and shoved Gerrin towards Aiko with unnatural strength. "Sorry, but there was a previous arrangement in place." She turned to the kitsune and said "He's all yours." Then she turned around faced the unicorn and pegasus, whose conversation she had overheard. "You know I could help with your little snow problem." A red orb appeared in her outstretched palm, but it was no ordinary fire. It wasn't even a magical fire, no there was something much more sinister residing in its depths. As if it was not a flame at all, but a glowing portal to hell itself.

Last edited by True Night on Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:56 am

With the appearance of the hellfire in Lillith's hand, all thoughts of Gerrin were pushed from the glowing creature's mind.  Her ethereal fur darkened and blew away from Lillith, like a flame in strong wind.  She reacted instantly, but not foolishly, by tensing.  She hissed, her ears flat against her back and her tail lashing, and a flare of light came off her.  It wasn't much, just a nudge.  A show of power.  She wasn't telepathic, but the message was clear.

I am one of Akai's creatures.  Leave now or face her wrath.

Kader, on the other hand, was keeping an eye on Gerrin.  He wasn't entirely sure what was going on, and he doubted the larger feline could do much while laying stunned on the ground, but he was never one to ignore a possible threat.  His eyes darted back and forth between Lillith and Gerrin, unable to decide which was the greater threat.  He could not feel the subtle wave of light magic go by, but he could definitely tell how angry the slightly familiar cat was.  He clenched his dagger tighter in his right hand.  If only he could remember where he had seen her.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:12 am

Desiderii felt the ebb of power radiate from the glowing feline. It was light magic. Strong light magic, held in check. Instinctively Desiderii shied away; being a creature of the night, the goddess Akai, wielder of light, was one of the few people she held in high respect. Whoever this cat was, they were obviously in high favor of the goddess.

What would Ranah think of this? The gods did have their servants, but what were the chances that two servants, almost exact opposties of each other, would be thrown together in a twist of fate? Something bigger was going on here. Desiderii could sense it.

Keeping her silence like the specter she was, Desiderii watched nervously. Would the feline recognize her for what she was, and attack? The Night Mare didn't know much about those in favor of the light. Desiderii, decided that she would not attack her, especially not as a Pooka; it wasn't her way, and there wasn't really a reason. Still, she kept her guard up.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:17 pm

He'd been removed from the this fight, or rather several fights. He'd woken shortly before the rest. He'd moved away from others not long after he'd been able to free himself as well. He'd been able to see that thing were about to get messy and fast at that. They had been captured and many of his fellow prisoners were powerful. It was simple logic a fight would ensue at it's first opportunity. He could've tried to look ahead to see whom would fight whom, but he did not.

He chose not to fight as well. He could've and should've some would say, but to him it didn't matter simply because he'd be forced to choose sides and he didn't normally like being pinned in by alliances. Even if it was an alliance of convenience. So now he was away from where most of the fighting simply observing. Making mental note as to whom could do what. In case he'd either have to fight against them or with them. Either way knowing their strengths and weaknesses could be handy.

So what do you think of all this?

I think it is simply the nature of us mortals to fight amongst ourselves. History suggests so.

Truly you think so?

Yes and no.

Eh?

Well It is our nature simply for the gods have made us this way. I believe that if it were not the gods would fear us rising against them. I think we could if we could unify long enough to do so. We've done such thing before you know.

Yes everyone knows this. Yet we squabble!

Yes. Yet we do.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Aiko noticed a cerbian with two heads off two the side. She had heard that these creatures with multiple heads had different personalities, but she had never met one in her travels before. Aiko smiled, walking up to the creature, "Hello, I'm aiko. Do you have any supplies lost?"
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Terran followed behind Aiko, partly behind afraid of being left behind or taken prisoner again and partly because she heard what she had asked the two headed creature. Terran carried over the armfulls of bags and possessions over to the strange creature. She didn't say anything to the cerbian but did gesture to all of the bags in her arms with her head.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:46 pm

One of the others had approached. This was odd. Most either feared or ignored him. He wanted to speak, but he din't know what to say.

What do we do!? No one ever talks to us!

I know this. The past tells me this. I say we speak with her. I believe it is a Female.

Duh! You say hi!

Me?

Yes you! Your better at talking!

Fine.

He turned and looked down at the Creature in front of him and spoke in a gruff near bark; as it was the closest he could come to normal mortal speak.

The mouth of the left head was about to open when another approached as well. He paused, but then continued.

"It seems I haven't lost anything of value. I'm glad for this, however one must always be on guard for thieves and the like. You never know when one may strike. The past has taught me this sad lesson."

He paused for a moment to hear his other side.

Tell them our name!

It is not necessary to do so

IT'S POLITE!

"We are Kerben. And we are pleased to meet you both. Most do not speak with us. Forgive my other, he isn't as well versed as I in the art of the word."

He took note of the Items in the others arms.

"Do you require assistance with that? If so speak up."

Last edited by The Stalker of Shadows on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Aiko shook her head, "Oh, no, I have a good hold of this, it's fine." It was clear this cerbian wasn't used to socializing- it was, in fact, very large and others might find it intimidating and not talk to it.. or him... or them? Aiko, though, wasn't one to back down from fear. She noted it said, "we" when introducing himself... theirself... itself... wha-? "I see that each head is a different personality, as people say," Aiko smiled, "I've never met a cerbian before. It's nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Terran was a bit awestruck. Not really intimidated  just surprised. Maybe she wasn't expecting the creature to speak as it did. She found herself slightly unable to speak, looking at the creatures large teeth. After a moment Terran snapped out of it. "Oh no I'm fine sir er...sirs" Terran was sputtering slightly. "I'm just keeping a watch over everyone's stuff until everyone comes to claim it. It's not even too heavy." Terran looked nervous, glancing at Aiko. "Oh and my name is Terran...sirs,"
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 3:04 pm

The female wasn't intimidated. This was progress. And neither was her friend, well not so much as to not speak with him. And the female was informed of his kind as well.

"I would not know of my kind. I have never met any others like me, nor do I remember them. But yes we are different. I am the realist of us two. I see the mistakes of the past and have learned from them well."

Then his other head spoke up. The right.

"No. You are a pessimist! All you ever do is point out everything negative."

"Yet you listen."

" Meh. True I do. "

"Forgive him again.... So how shall we proceed?"

"You. Lady with the bags! Terran is it? Are you sure you got that? I mean I could store it for you."

EDIT: I just noticed you mentioned Aiko's name...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Edur's eyes narrowed upon seeing the sphere; he could never mistake it for anything other than what it truly was. Sensing magic was part of being a unicorn, after all, and he could feel the dark, malignant nature of what the woman held in her hand. The sheer, vile power of it made it difficult for Edur to avoid backing away, but he didn't, it was not a good idea to show weakness, not in front of someone who represented such evil forces. He slowly shook his head, looking at the woman, "No, there is no need, the snow will stop of its own accord in a few minutes." He said nothing about the orb, but it was clear from the look on his face that he knew what she was, at least to some extent to know better than to trust her.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:56 pm

"Very well." Lilith closed her hand into a fist and the unholy, anti-magical flame dissipated. She turned her back on Edur once more and addressed the creature of light. "Calm yourself now. I was only offering to help." It was tempting for her to match her light show with a shroud of darkness, but that would only gain her the other's full support. Deciding against it she turned to Aiko. "I thought you were going to finish him off. Now now you really shouldn't get distracted, even if the Cerberus is a good conversationalist." Lilith walked over to where Gerrin lay and put her foot down on him. "Unless of course you've gotten cold feet. In which case I'm sure someone else would like the privilege." She spun around, still keeping him pinned down. "Any takers? I personally don't care what becomes him."

Last edited by True Night on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once In Light   Once In Light - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Once In Light
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next