Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mechanical Gods IC

Go down 
+2
Dragonbud
Celo "The Moms"
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:01 pm

song time~:

The red 2009 Ford Mustang slowed down to the front of the Clarion Plaza hotel, the finest hotel of the few in Kellinsville.  After a moment or two of being parked in the driveway, out stepped Ran from the passenger’s seat and Klark from the driver’s.  Ran wore a pair of faded jeans and an open-shoulder dark blue long-sleeved shirt, which went in contrast with the summer weather as she strode into the hotel. Klark, in his usual black suit, got a few suitcases from the back of the car.  She approached the hotel attendant and held out a credit card with the same smile she always seemed to wear.  “We’re going to be here a while,” she grinned, “I don’t know how long.”  The attendant seemed hesitant, “Um, ma’am, we’re only allowed to book you a room when we know how long you are staying here. It’s a hotel policy.” Ran kept the smile pasted on her face, “Then we’ll book a room with two queen-sized beds for a month. If we need to stay any longer or any less, I’ll tell you.”  

The woman opened her mouth to speak, then clamped it shut, taking the credit card and swiping it through the cash register.  This woman already seemed nuts, it would be best not to push it. Her eyes widened when she read noticed the credit card was one of the no-limit ones.  She cast a glance at Ran.  What sort of money did this woman have?  The fact that the credit card was so expensive got the woman to past a smile on her face, so wide it could possibly have been equal to Ran’s. “Well, it’s nice to have you staying here. Please enjoy your stay at the Clarion. Your room number is 203 on the second floor.” She handed two room keys and the credit card to Ran, keeping the smile on her face.  

Ran smirked, “Thank you,” was all she replied with before turning around, just as Klark arrived in the lobby with the luggage.  “Second floor,” she said before walking to the elevator, Klark silently following.  As the elevator doors closed, it was then Klark spoke up. “We couldn’t have chosen a less noticeable area to stay? What if some mechanical god holder finds out why we’re here?” he grumbled, questioning his partner. “Please, even if they knew what my mechanical god gives me the power to do and they knew everything about me down to my blood type,” Ran reached into her pocket and displayed her small cube, which had “Ran” carved into the side, “Nothing they know will help.”

Klark gave Ran a cold smile in return. “Don’t be too confident.  I, for one, could easily kill you.” “You know that you’re just trying to make yourself seem more powerful.  But in the end…” Ran stepped out of the elevator and into the empty hallway of floor two as she talked, “In the end, all you’re good for is my assistant, and that’s that.” Ran approached room 203 and swiped her room key through it.  There was an inaudible “click” sound as the door unlocked, giving the duo access into the hotel room.  It was just like any hotel room, with a large flat screen on the wall opposite of two queen-sized beds.  Ran went to the wall opposite of the door and pulled open the curtains, letting a flood of light come into the room.

Klark was grumbling something under his breath- a combination of profanity and insults.  Ran seemed to pay no mind to this, seeming used to such behavior.   “We’ll stay here half an hour before leaving to search,” she said, her eyes darting around as she looked at various pedestrians that were passing by the hotel. Anyone of these people could be a mechanical god holder… let’s see if any of them are capable opponents.

---------------
Morgyn
-------------

Morgyn sighed, leaning back on a workout bench after a quick run on the treadmill at the Kellinsville YMCA.  Nothing like a workout at 10 o’clock in the morning, right?  A normal teenage girl would be spending the beginning of her summer vacation chilling at home or with friends, and while Morgyn found those options appealing as well, she chose to work out today.  This was not due to some overly-cautious feeling some girls have for their looks- in fact, Morgyn found herself to look acceptable, maybe even attractive- but due to a sense of devotion to staying healthy and athletic.  She enjoyed attention from others, and while she could easily have people give her attention with… it, it felt much better to have self-earned attention from being an over-achiever.

Yes… “it.” The strange cube she found about three years, left with nothing but a note addressed to her and explaining its power.  At first, she thought it was some sort of joke, as she had left it at her house and went outside for a while- only five minutes, in fact- but she found herself feeling like she was about to pass out.  Morgyn, being a sensible girl, went back inside, got a glass of water, and sat down on her bed, trying to see if some rest would take care of it.  It didn’t.  She had subconsciously picked up the cube, which was then sitting on her nightstand.  Instantly she felt her energy revived, and Morgyn realized the truth of the matter.  

In the midst of her flashback, just as it had happened in the past, Morgyn subconsciously reached into her shorts pocket and pulled out the cube, examining it carefully.  Her name was on the side of the metallic cover, just as it had always been.  She didn’t even bother hiding the cube, as she figured there was no one with a mechanical god but her, so everyone would think she was holding a small cube a little bit larger than a dice you use in board games.

--------
Lance
-----------

Lance was bored. That’s the only way to put it- nothing on the television interested him and video games just weren’t his forte.  He had graduated with the rest of the senior class at Kellinsville high school (he was held back in first grade since he didn’t know how to spell yet) and now he felt like he was just wasting away until college.  He walked down the sidewalk in front of the hotel, unaware of the fact that a certain sociopath was watching him pass by as he walked towards the Kellinsville mall, which is basically what he had been doing every day since school let out.  The mall happened to be beside the Clarion Plaza Hotel.

He was pretty sure once again there would be the same sales on the same uninteresting things at the same stores as yesterday.  Lance sighed in annoyance before sitting down on a bench right outside the mall entrance, where several teenagers meet up at times.  “This is so pointless,” he grumbled, running his fingers through his seemingly-black hair before tossing his head back to look at the sky, just as bored as before.  Why couldn’t he have a more interesting ability? Revenge? It’s not his favorite thing- his dad had always taught him not to seek such a thing, since the most it can lead to is one feeling worse than before.

Lance, unlike Morgyn, didn’t think he was the only holder of a mechanical god, considering he found the possibility of him being the only one to get such an item unrealistic.  Such a device, if there were only one, would end up with some unusual person. Him? He was just average ol’ Lance.  So there had to be others with mechanical gods- with powers “cooler” than his.  

There’s probably someone out there with an awesome super-strength like you would see on some superhero show- or maybe a person who can read the future or control plants or something!  Instead, he got stuck with the cube that gave him the power to give justice that holds no irony to it.  What sort of superhero uses the idea of retribution?  Not any that he could think of, that’s for sure. Not many care for the retaliation policy.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:19 pm

The sound of a loud barking dog was music to a young girls ears. She sat up with a grin, opening her eyes and letting them adjust to the sudden brightness of the morning. Her bed room windows lacked curtains, so the bright ten o clock sun was streaming through the glass onto her face. The girl took a moment to observe what was around her, watching the tiny particles of dust float around in the sunlight. She sucked in a mouthful of air, blowing it out at the dust and watching it swirl around in the air and eventually settle on the dirty floor. The young girl swung her legs over the edge of the bed, hopping off, her bare feet smacking the wooden floor with soft thumps, sending up another cloud of dust. She raised her arms above her head then bent at the waist to touch the floor.

"Good morning!" She called out, most likely to the only other human in the house. Her father. She began to trot through the halls of her house, her feet making thumps echo though the house. "Yo pops it's morning! Time to wake up!" This girl was obviously a morning person, her father however was not so. A soft groan came from the room across from hers. "Please just a few more minutes Mars, it's summer." The girl now being referred to as Marcie grins, knocking on the door. "You did this to me during the school year! Consider it pay back!"

With that Marcie trotted down the stairs, holding onto the railing despite never falling down them, and hurried into the kitchen. Once there the small girl was greeted by two dogs, a giant German Shepard and a grumpy looking golden retervier. She pushed her way through the dogs, lifting her arms up above her head to avoid being licked. "No puppies!" Marcie stated, even though obviously the dogs were much older then puppies. "It's not my turn to feed you go bother pops!" Now freed of the dogs, Marcie stood at the front door, ready to head out to play.

However she was stopped by a voice, her father, calling from the bottom of the stairs to her. "Mars, you forgot this." And with that he slightly tossed a necklace towards her. The metal beads on the necklace clanked noisily against each other. The center piece of the necklace, a small metal cube with her name carved into it. Marcie easily caught it in her open palms, slipping the large necklace around her neck. "Thank you dad!" She said with a grin, turning and heading outside.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Nyx and Noah

Nyx was pacing back and forth across the living room of her home, now that the night was gone there was nothing to entertain the girl who had everything. "Ahhh!" She screamed as she through a rather expensive cash register at the wall. The well build contraption didn't even have a dent in it, the wall was another story. Scatter throughout her home similar marks could be seen desecrating the lively paint job. Her hands instinctively went to her head and started to pull on her hair. "Ow!" Nyx cried out before throwing herself down in a luxury chair seated at a ornate crystal top table. "Well what did you expect... moron." Her voice reverberated through the cluttered halls of her mini mansion. There was no reply back. Like usual.

"Gah! Nothing to do! Nothing to do!" In frustration she reached out for a brand new engine from a porsche GT3 that was unceremoniously dismantled and strewn across the table. Her mechanical arm latched onto a nut and began to spin. The motor would have sold for over 20 grand and here she was removing it's cylinders for the hell of it. "I really need to find a new hobby. Isn't that right pipsqueak?" She was directing her words to a .22 pocket revolver with only two chambers. "Pfft, well you're no fun." She leaped out of her seat and towered over the tiny firearm. "And that's why you're going to stay home!" Nyx skipped through the assorted items cluttering her floor with practiced ease. Her hand went for a black T-shirt much too large for her that read COOL STORY BRO. TELL IT AGAIN. Shen then reached into a drawer and put something into the back of her torn purple shorts before waltzing out the door in her cuffed combat boots.

As Nyx surveyed her spacious and perfectly kept yard she announced to the world her plans. "I'm going to go out and do something!" Some plans. A gruff voice from beyond her security fence called out. "Oy, you're awake!" A redheaded blot could be made out through the bars blocking her driveway. "Of course I am you d*mn vagrant, now get off my lawn!" The figure in olive drab looked from left, to right, and back again. "I don't see no grass!" Nyx laughed "You know what I mean!" Noah replied "Not at all! The first few feet of your property is owned by the county!" By now she had made it to gate, where she swiped her prosthetic across a magnetic barcode reader. "I'm not going to get rid of you, am I?"

"What can I say. Give a dog a bone and he'll never leave you alone." He flashed a shiny black revolver with a well oiled wooden grip. "In that case would you care to join me on an adventure?" Noah gave her a gap toothed grin. "After you m'lady." Nyx adopted a hard look that quickly softened. "Come along now... just never call me that again."

Tyrell

Beads of sweat were rolling down Tyrells face as he finished his last set on the bench press at a weight of 300 pounds. He placed the barbell back on the rack and sat up and reached for his towel and water bottle. A nice change of pace. he thought as he looked around at everyone else doing they're morning workout routine. Although here he stood out like a sore thumb, unlike at the college weight room where there was more competition. He reached into his bag and grasped his cube in the palm of his hand. A wave of relief came over him. Now he was ready for something new. As he got up he noticed a girl a few benches away. She was holding something small, metallic, and with sharp edges in her hand. No way. Tyrell unconscious approached her location, he stared blankly for a few seconds. In an effort not to come off like a creep he mustered the courage to say something to her. "Um... hey there. What's that you got?" It had a different sheen, but there was no denying what it was. This stranger happened to have a cube much like his. Does this mean she's also special? There was endless possibilities. Tyrell was very thankful for the intense session he just completed, because he was sweating even more profusely now.

Last edited by True Night on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:49 pm

Morgyn sighed, whiping some sweat off her brow with her free hand. She should really get some water- it's a good idea to stay dehydrat- a voice interrupted her train of thought.

Tyrell:

Morgyn felt her shoulders tense when someone asked her the question.  She hadn't even realized she had brought out the small cube, and even if she had realized she had done such an action she would have never expected someone to ask such a thing.  Her eyes slowly looked up to see who the owner of the voice was.  A tall man who seemed to be in his early twenties.  Very muscular, and he had a lack of hair that made him seem more muscular.  He reminded her of a wrestler or something.

Morgyn gripped the cube in her right hand, concealing it from view before slipping it into her pocket. "Oh- it's just a little charm, ya' know? Like, a, um... family one! It's been passed down in my family for a while now, starting with my great, great grandmother- I was just examining it." Nice save, there. Not. Morgyn pasted a smile to her face in a lousy attempt to make her lie seem truthful. Shen ever was the best at lying- her mom taught her about morals and prioritizing the rights and wrongs of life.  Lying was one of the "wrongs." So she hardly ever lied, but Morgyn believed this was a good example where lying would e okay.  when you lie to keep someone from looking at you like a crazy person.  What was she supposed to say- Oh, it's just a cube called a mechanical god that gives me super powers but I can't live without it! No, that's the worst possible thing to say.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 12:12 am

May

In the parking lot of the the Kellinsville YMCA sat the inspiration for half a thousand ghost stories throughout the continental United States. The shiny red coupe from Christine, the source of half a dozen haunted houses and nearly every mysteriously possessed object, more than a few unexplainable devices.

You wouldn't have guessed it from looking at it, however. The Plymouth Fury-a sexy old car if there ever was one-sat vacant and unlocked, practically tempting any nearby thief to come and hotwire it. There weren't any keys in the ignition, which was...odd...but the staff of the YMCA could confirm the car had been waiting there for at least a day, having shown up in the middle of the night. Its driver must've walked off and left it, and nobody was sure why.

The employees weren't about to call the towing people-would you let them tow away something like that? There was small talk of taking the car for themselves, but no one was bold enough to attempt anything. Not yet.

Still, out of place and out of time, the Fury sat calmly, a strange look about it-as cliched as it sounds, the car was watching the people that went by, ever so subtly. There was something interesting about the car, and quite a lot of that something was going around Kellinsville.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:18 am

Tyrell

The girl seemed just as nervous or even more so. This put Tyrell somewhat as ease. "Whoa there, I know what that is it." He leaned a little closer and said in a hushed voice. "It's okay. I got one too." The YMCA probably wasn't the best place for this conversation, and he was also forgetting his manners. "My name's Tyrell. I'm an athlete over at the college. We shouldn't say any more here, too many people could be listening." It occurred to him that might be taken the wrong way. He backed off a little and raised his hands. "I apologize, after all we only just met. It's just that meeting somebody else that has a... whatever this thing is." His mechanical god appeared without any explanation one day, Tyrell didn't know what to call it. Before he went into too much detail he should make sure she didn't just have a cube of metal. "Your special too... right?" Hopefully this was subtle enough for if anyone eavesdropping, but she'd still understand what he meant.

Nyx and Noah

"So where are we off to anyhow?" Inquired Noah. "I'm in the mood to show off." Replied Nyx, seemingly making no effort to disguise her intentions. "I don't like the sound of that. This better not involve me." The immature woman chuckled "Of course not, you silly goose!" There was silence for a few minutes, before the beggar spoke up again. "So what exactly are you planning on doing?" Nyx gave a two word response. "Pumping iron!" Then she added motioning to her mechanical arm. "Quite literally." Noah just shook his head. "I'm pretty sure that isn't made of iron, and all you're going to do is wear it out."

"So what?" Nyx snapped back. "I'll just get a new one." Man this lady has some resources. Noah thought to himself. "That may be so, but you do know that normal prosthetics can't do that. People are going to start thinking you're with popular science or something." At this she bit her lip hard. "Fine then. We'll just go car shopping!" Noah knew that what she really meant is they'd go hotwire something. This might have been her plan all along, there was no telling with this crazy chick. That meant he was now involved. "Is there even anything good at the... I assume you were going go to the YMCA. Won't there be people?" Nyx flashed him a mischievous grin. "Only one way to find out, and that's what you're for!"

"Oh. Great." There was almost no enthusiasm in his voice. Not yet. They jumped off the sidewalk and crossed into the parking lot of the fitness center. "Well would you look at that." Sitting completely unattended was an old Plymouth Fury, and in pristine condition too. It was by far the nicest thing around. Even better was the lack of apparent onlookers. Nyx giggled and ran towards it. Noah called after her "You better not put any scratches on that bute!" He had seen her put marks in the paint of nice cars parked along the side of the road on more than one occasion. She heeded her companions words, instead placing both hands flat on the trunk. Nyx then spun around and leaned against it. "This is definitely the one."
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:57 am

May

Suddenly, Nyx would feel a rather strange sensation in her hands, feeling both the cool metal of the car and the strange, unmistakable warmth, pulsating gently underneath her fingertips at once. In her head, a voice, high-pitched, female, and energetic, spoke clearly, the sound coming from the direction of the car-and yet Nyx couldn't seem to hear the voice normally. Straight into her head.

OHMIGOSH DO NOT TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF THE CAR LIKE SERIOUSLY PLEASE DON'T. The detached voice seemed to take a minute to stop and catch its breath which, come to think of it, didn't make much sense, but neither did the girl speaking in general. Like, seriously, you have NO idea how long I've been in here. Not in here like sitting in the car but sorta in a weird way I guess. I mean like I'm in-in the car, you know, like, I AM the car. Whoa. How, like, Zen does that sound. Pretty Zen. I'm like a Buddhist or whatever. Eek! I'm rambling. Please don't go! Like, seriously, I am really alone. Ooh! You can have the car if you stay! Um, I'll drive you wherever! And I got gas covered for a while, I haven't refilled in...um...what year is it? Wow, I lost track of time. Hey, is that your friend over there? The guy? He's cute. Unless you two are a thing. In which case he's hideous. I mean, he's very attractive, but I find him hideous, I'd never approach him. He's all yours. I'm a lesbian. Not for you. Oh no. This is not going well. Please don't leave, though, I'm really really really tired of being all-oh, you're gonna leave, aren't you, oh no. Despite the girl's happy-go-lucky tone earlier, and rather...all over the place speech, there was a note of real sorrow and fear in the end, and her offer of driving Nyx around seemed quite genuine. If nothing else, May didn't quite seem intelligent enough to fabricate a complicated lie, anyways. So, um, hi? My name's May! I don't really remember your last name and stuff. Could you, um, tell me yours maybe? Then we could be friends and stuff? I promise you're not going crazy! No crazier than me! Hahaha...ha...ha. Ha. Oh please don't go.

The sun glinted off the smooth, perfectly polished curves of the car, and whatever or whoever May was, she was taking damned good car of the car. Why it was parked in a YMCA parking lot-well, even May probably didn't know that. One got the sense she didn't have an abundance of direction in life.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 3:01 am

Wolfwood.

Wolfwood's song:

So this is Kellinsville? What a quaint little place.

Taking slow steps off the bus that he arrived in, Wolfwood looked around, with his bag of luggage thrown over his shoulder and an unlit cigarette in his mouth. The very moment he stepped off, seemingly another group of people poured out of the bus until there were none left. He was distracted with lighting his cigarette. When the bus doors closed, and the whole thing drove off, then Wolfwood was snapped back into reality. So, this is his new home, for the time being. Wolfwood was the kind of person that'd drift from city to city, looking for any kind of action - With action being another person with one of these magic cubes. He's had his little cube for years now... It's taken ages to figure out what the hell he even does. So, he was a bit interested in finding more cubes. He keeps it shoved right up where no one will ever want to look for it.

So, he's arrived in Kellinsville. Which he had no idea what's even in this place. Like it was stated before, he just drifts... Hopefully he'll have enough money this time. With his "talents" his magic cube gives him, he can make a few hundred dollars for the next city (In case this place turns up with nothing). If all else fails, then perhaps he could get a bit nasty. He's quite quick with that Smith & Wesson poorly concealed in his pocket, and he can make sure that nobody remembers his face. Hmph. Wolfwood wasn't the type to push his luck. He was more than happy with making money in the good honest American way! By beating up people for money. Just to be sure that everything was with him, he looked down and saw his suit. He was wearing a black pin-striped suit, his lucky suit. It wasn't in the best of shape however. It was tattered, dusty, and apparently wasn't cleaned in ages (But I don't want to wash the luck off!). Wolfwood decided it was time to stop mulling here.

Taking slow steps, he made his way out of the bus stop and towards the deeper parts of Kellinsville. He was going to find somewhere to sleep first. Then perhaps he'll get a taste of the local wildlife.

Amanda Daisy Blackmore.

Song blaring out of Amanda's iPod:

College is out for the summer, and it won't be awhile until Amanda Daisy Blackmore has to go back.

So, she choose to spend her summer home with her family in Kellinsville. Well, today she was working out. She had a great body and it was in her best interest to keep it that way. She was running the treadmill at full speed - Not full speed, but quite fast. To think that she's come a long way from when she was a weak little girl. Well those days are over. She wore something comfortable and light. She wore a white t-shirt with a black sports bra visible through it. Amanda wore black track shorts, with black sneakers. Strangely, she was wearing a large amount of metal. Bracelets, necklaces, ear-rings, all of that. They jingled loudly with every movement. At the corner of her saw a sight that bared some rather unfortunate implications. A large black man approaching a girl in her teens. She was trying her best not to be racist here, but why exactly would a man that size be having a conversation with that girl? All the wrong reasons. She stopped the treadmill and stepped off, turning off her iPod in the process. She strutted over to Tyrell and Morgyn. Amanda wasn't the type to be afraid of such large muscular people - Her overconfidence and arrogance made her all but afraid of such people. "Hey there, I'm Amanda." She just pops into their conversation. In a way that just announces that she wasn't going to stand by if Tyrell tries anything.

Robin Isabel Merryguard.

Just roaming the streets of Kellinsville was easily one of the most dangerous and cunning career criminals out there. Robin Merryguard. The name was an enigma, since she never told it to anyone. But her face... Her leg... Gave away who she was to the millions of people who she ripped off through various lies and trickery. Usually telling people that she was down on her luck and taking everything when the first opportunity pass, then never show up again. Few people have crossed paths with Robin again and oh boy. It was not pretty. Despite those prosthetics and that missing eye, Robin can fight just as well as anyone else. She wore a bright red hoodie, keep up to cover her face. She wore a short skirt of a matching color, and under the skirt, she wore red jeans. The only things on her that wasn't red were her black combat boots, and her leather belt. Her outfit concealed the Glock 17 that was stuffed in her waistband - Not perfectly hidden, anyone who would know where to look could find it. One thing that has been drilled into her head was that in this city, you need a gun if you're going to live a life like hers. Of course, Robin is near impossible to catch, because of her power.

So, she walked around the city with a limp in every step. Robin's a woman that'll take every opportunity that she's given. Perhaps she'll head somewhere like the YMCA, there she can find something to take some dough.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 am

Morgyn winced as this guy obviously didnt believe her. So it's official- she wasnt good at lying. Is that a good or bad thing? Morgyn shrugged off the thought as she listened to the man. She found it interesting that he claimed to know what she had- he knew of her mechanical god.  What peaked her iterest, however, was Terran saying he, himself had a cube as well.

At this news Morgyn was unsure how to react. For one he was unsure on whether to believe or trust this random stranger. For another note, with the thought of not being the only mechanical god holder tinted her heart slightly with jealousy, but only for a moment. Morgyn had thought of the strange cube to be what kept her separate from everyone else in the world- one out of billions of people. For someone else to have a cube made her feel less unique. This being said, Morgyn forced herself to believe that Tyrell was lying.

"If you really do have one..." She began, "Prove it. How do I know your not some guy with a sick, Pervy mind or something?" Morgyn paused before continuing, "Also you xant expect me to trust a complete stranger, even if I know your name." Morgyn wasn't naive- she knew of the dangers of the world. She had heard stories of kidnappers and murderers- and of course the childish saying, "stranger danger!" So of course she wasnt going to follow a stranger. In her mind doing such a thing was just like taking candy from a complete stranger who was sitting inside a dark-colored van with tinted windows. You just don't do that.

It was after saying this a girl approached- she seemed to be in her college years, maybe? What was peculiar wa that she just casually greeted them out of the blue. Morgyn didn't mind, however, as it was a distraction from the weather intimidating Tyrell. "Nice to meet you- I'm Morgyn," she smiled politely.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 3:45 am

Nyx and Noah

When May's voice appeared in her head, Nyx jumped a little. "There's something really weird about this car." At the mention of how unattractive Noah was she laughed. "I like it!" Once May was done with her frantic rambling Nyx said out loud. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." Keeping her hand on the car she moved around to the drivers side and tested the handle. "Hey Noah, watch my back." Without another word she climbed inside. Noah sighed, but did as he was told. None of Nyx's behavior struck him as particularly odd. Well actually all of her behavior did, it just wasn't out of the norm for her. He kept looking around to make sure that nobody was watching. Inside of the car Nyx was about get down under the steering wheel when she remembered what the voice had said. "So are you able to drive this thing?"

Tyrell

Tyrell scanned the area for anybody in the immediate vicinity. "I'm not like that and I suppose it's only fair since I saw yours." He reached into his bag with both hands and came out with them cupped. Using the sides of his hands as a shield he showed her his own cube. It was silver and appeared to have scratch marks all over it, but it was undeniably similar to what he saw Morgyn with. Once he was sure she had a good enough look he put it back from whence it came. "Look I don't expect you to trust me, and if I hadn't seen you with that we wouldn't be talking. I admit this must look really bad." He gulped and continued. "If you want me to leave that's fine. It's just good to know I'm not alone." That's when a young athletic woman approached the pair. Tyrell immediately made room for her turning it into a triangle. "Hello, I'm Tyrell. " He really hoped she hadn't overheard anything, or worse yet maybe she thought he was trying to take advantage of the young girl. That he admitted would be the logical conclusion of a lot of people.

Last edited by True Night on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:27 am

May

There was a sound akin to the same high-pitched, energetic squeal one might expect to hear at a One Direction concert-albeit May sounded a little too old for 1D (even though you can never be too old for One Direction). The Fury seemed to bounce ever so slightly, a motion so slight only Nyx would've picked up on it-and even she might've chalked up the movement to her eyes playing tricks on her.

The car door opened fluidly and gently, the windows crystal clear and the mirrors, oddly, adjusting perfectly to Nyx's view when she sat down on the comfy leather. The voice resumed again, clearly full of happiness that Nyx had not dismissed her voice as a schizophrenic episode or something similar.

Ohmigosh yes. Yay! We are gonna be like, total best friends and-oh, his name's Noah, that's cool. Noah, you guys on a first name basis, like, boyfriend-girlfriend first name, or just fri-oh, can I drive? Yes! Where to?

The car rumbled to life instantly, the ignition turned by nonexistent keys as the lights flickered on and the air conditioning flowed in, perfectly cool. The radio began to happily blare "Just because I'm in looove with an uptown girl..." before scanning to another station-the radio scans seemed to take place at a rather erratic rate, staying on some stations for too long and others not quite long enough. The car felt alive, between the way the windshield wipers seemed to blink across the glass and the interior of the car was almost perfectly muffled, even though the vibrations of the engine could still be felt. In other words, it was one kick-ass car.

Like seriously wherever you want to go I can drive you there. I'm, like, really good at driving and stuff. I've had a ton of practice. I definitely like being in the car better than other places, especially cause at least this way I can move around and listen to the radio and all-I listen to the radio sooooo much you have no idea. Like if we ever go to trivia night thing-I mean, we're friends now, so we'll do that kinda stuff-and, oooh, hey, are we gonna pick up Noah? He seems kinda cool, like maybe we should load up my backseat with all your friends and stuff? Sorry if I'm being kinda forward, I just haven't gotten to hang out and do friend stuff in a while. Like, a while. Am I talking too much? I don't really have a frame of reference, normally I just-

May abruptly stopped talking for a moment and the car seemed to..shudder, as if it lost its vivacity for a split second. Unbeknownst to May, Nyx, or anyone in all of Kellinsville except for one sleepy RN, a nurse accidentally bumped against May's life support unit in the hospital, muttered a quick "oh, sh*t" before quickly making sure everything was back in place. It was, more or less, but the flux seemed to impact May.

I...um...what? What was I saying? I lose my train of thought sometimes. So, you didn't tell me your name? Unless that's like a personal thing or something. Or maybe you're a secret agent or-oh, are you on the run from the mob or something? Cause I'd totally be up for that, I would be so awesome at high speed chases. Like,you wouldn't expect it from a stick shift built in the 50s, but I can hit, like, 190 in this thing.

May considered making the seat belt buckle her new friend in, and maybe locking the doors, just to make sure the outside world couldn't hurt her new bestest buddy, but decided that might be, like, a smidge creepy, so decided not to, but she was totally gonna put the seatbelt on later. It would be like a hug. May missed hugs.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Ene walked down the street, her eyes darting around, looking from one person to another. A couple were talking in front of some coffee shop, the girlfriend saying that she needed to lose some weight for something-or-other. Ene sighed, looking away from the couple in distaste. She ha already learned the truth behind people's looks- everyone worries about their looks like their peers are enemies. The truth behind the matter is that the danger is merely in people's minds, and the only ones who care about their looks are themselves.

Ene continued walking towards the mall, where there was someone making a request for her to make a painting. She crossed the street in front of the YMCA. A car screeched to a stop right in front of her, narrowly missing the girl. The 30-year old man roles down his window, waving an angry fist at Ene. "You got a death wish or something?!" He called out to her a cars slowly pulled up behind the man's car, honking their horns. Ene merely turned to face the driver, the only sign of registering the situation was her eyes widening. She walked the rest of the ways out of the street, getting farther away from the YMCA.

Her hand clutched her purse tightly as she neared the bus stop. They always made her nervous. There were so many people... Ran and Klark could be among them. Ene subconsiously slipped her left hand that wasn't gripping her purse into her sweatshirt pocket, letting her fingers slide over the cool surface of her mechanical god. She then whipped her hand away as if the cube were made of fire, or as if touching the cube sealed her fate to the harshest life sentence by making contact with it beholder. She wasnt going to use that venomous weapon- it was the reason of everything wrong in her life.

The mechanical gods, in Ene's eyes, were miracle granters. She hated them. While many others find miracles to be a good thing, Ene had come to know in her many months running that miracles aren't good. They change people, they change life. If she could have it her way, the one miracle Ene would ask for is a world without miracles, as then she could live and die as she is. That, sadly, is not possible, and even if it were made possible Ene could no longer die as herself. She was just another prisoner of the mechanical god- at least, that how her mind that was full of nothing but melancholy thought.

Ene relaxed as she walked away from the bus stop- well, she relaxed as much as she possibly could, as the girl was never truly relaxed. She passed a man in a old tattered suit. She met his eyes for a moment, as expressionless as ever, before walking on. She wasn one for socializing- such actions can lead to her getting noticed and Ran an Klark finding her.

----
Morgyn
----

Morgyn glanced from Tyrell to Amanda. He had a cube, no doubt about it. She smiled, turning to Tyrell as the girl probably was assuming the worse for Tyrell's approaching her. This was a time redeem herself, as her last lie ended up a complete fart. "Well, anyways Tyrell, thanks for meeting me here- if my sister found out about the birthday thing we're doing for her she would, like, freak. Okay, so since you're like, her boyfriend, could you help us set up for it?" This time her acting was a lot more believable.
Back to top Go down
Scrylonsis13
Newborn
Scrylonsis13

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Oliver and Jade

A sibgle droplet of water broke away from the rest in the glass. It drifted slowly upwards, floating in midair, before falling back into the cup.
"Wow." Jade gasped in the same wonderment as the first time she saw it. Sitting there at the dining room table in their house on the outskirts of the city, Oliver found himself once again wanting to show the world his power. The power that weird cube thing had given him. He held it in his right hand and directed the water with his left. Of course, he knew other people had them. It wasn't just him and Jade, how could it be? Something like this didn't happen to one person. It just didn't. That's not how the world works. And as he thought that, the table suddenly turned transparent.

"Jesus, Jade!" He cried as he recoiled from the shock, nearly falling from his chair. "How many of these things are there?!" Jade looked at him sheepishly and pressed her cube against a seemingly random collection of scratches on the table. Suddenly, the wood was brown again.
"I get bored when dads out." Was all she said before getting up and walking to the door. "I made a new one the other day, look." Jade pressed the cube against an odd looking pattern in the wood grain on the door. It took a second to respond, but eventually the door changed. A spoon suddenly leapt from the table and attached to the door. Oliver looked at it confused so Jade clarified.
"Its magnetic! I made wood magnetic." It was amazing to see. But then the cutlery drawer started shaking in the work top. "Sh*t" Jade muttered and pressed the cube on the door again, deactivating the symbol. The spoon fell to the floor and the drawer stopped moving. "I need to iron out some kinks." She admitted as she picked up the spoon.

"I see that." Oliver muttered and took a sip from his glass. "We should use this."
"Hummm?" Jade was distracted by symbol on the door.
"We should use these cube things. I mean, we've both been mugged before." Oliver continued
"A few times yeah." Jade muttered
"Well, we could like use it, to defend ourselves." He explained. Jade looked round in disbelief.
"We can't tell anyone. We'll be locked up. Experimented on."
"We don't need to be open with it, just use it to protect ourselves." Oliver nearly smirked
"Ok. I guess there no harm in it. I mean, how much are we mugged anyway?"
"Exactly, it'll be just an added bonus, right?" Oliver looked pleased with himself when he saw Jades approval. This was a gift. A gift Oliver wasn't going to waste.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Nyx and Noah

When the car started itself Nyx could barely contain herself. "This is the coolest car ever! And no no no, me and Noah aren't even friends technically. More like partners in crime!" She was very excited about that last part. "It's not that money is even an issue for me, it's just sooo much fun!" The next thing May said got he thinking. "So wait, you're in the car? Are you an AI or something, because if so you're a really good one. Or maybe you're like a cyborg hooked up the the car, and you're body is in the trunk or something! Way cool! If I could be in something I'd want it to be a gun." Nyx dissected the rest of statement before continuing the conversation. "You're right, we should really pick up Noah now. And there will be no trivia night or anything, you see I've never really had a friend before. It'll be just me and you, wreaking havoc! Oh yeah and my name is Nyx." By now Noah was getting impatient, and with the car started he jumped in the passenger seat. "What took you so long?"

"Nothing, just having a chat with my good friend here!" The man shook his head. "I think this ride should be mine, matches me much better. Besides you've got some super fancy sports cars anyways." Nyx was grinning from ear to ear. "I don't care so long as I have my friend here!" Noah didn't even bother to ask, she could have been talking to whatever weapon she packing or even nothing at all. "Now that Noah is here lets take her for a spin, I'm feeling crazy!"

Tyrell

Upon showing Morgyn the cube his luck started to change. "Of course, it's no problem. I can totally help." Had she wanted to she could have probably got him banned from the club. "So what do you think she'd like? I got some ideas but you've obviously known her for longer." Tyrell didn't even know if the girl had a sister, but it didn't matter. Anything to put him on the up and up would do. "Maybe this isn't the best time, our friend here doesn't know your sister." He was tempted to ask why Amanda had come over, but refrained. If it was for the reason he thought it was she would probably politely excuse herself anyways. If not, well. He could deal with that then.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 1:59 am

May

Ohmigosh are you guys like not friends because of something are just like-whoa partners in crime that's so cool! You guys should be like Bonnie and Clyde and stuff, and I can be the getaway car and all. I would be, like, the best getaway car. You don't even know. Let's go commit some felonies and then I can drive away from them just so you can see. Oh, yeah! I'm, like THE car. So, like, long story short, cause it's kinda hard for me to remember stuff sometimes, you know-but anyways, I remember picking up this little metal cube and I was like whaaaat is going on and then all of a sudden I just wasn't in my body anymore, right? It was sooooo cray. So I kinda just drifted around 'cause I can, like, jump from object to object and stuff. I can do people too, like I can just chill inside your head and then we could hang out all the time. Just, uh, a suggestion. Ohhh man I was in a gun once, I DO remember that. It's not as much fun as you think! You just get felt up by a bunch of rednecks and crazy Mexican chicks, it's awful. But getting to shoot stuff was cool. OOOH wreaking havoc sounds like fun let's go cut donuts somewhere or something I dunno, I don't wreak that much havoc. Oh, hi Noah!

Someone more perceptive than most might've noticed the exhaust seemed to flicker for a moment. A romantic might've looked at it as the car sighing.

Noah! Nice to meet you! I have heard, like, so much from you from Nyx. You're a criminal and not really her friend but you guys hang out and stuff? I'm May! I'm in the car but I can be inside yo-uh, no, that's not right. Never mind. Um, forget that. Hey, do you guys wanna go somewhere? Cause I can do that. Like, seriously. Anywhere. Road trip. Just the three of us...best friends...hanging out...on the road. The stick shift adjusted itself and put itself into drive, the radio quieting down-presumably so Nyx and Noah could speak, even though May could communicate telepathically with both of them. The windows rolled up and the air conditioning seemed to purr, coming in rhythmic, breath-like bursts. So like seriously you guys are already so awesome. Like, most people just walk right by me and stuff and it's really sad but you just talk to me! It's great! We're gonna get along so well. Where we going?

As May readied on what was surely going to be the greatest trip of any three friends, ever, the car underwent a few rather unusual movements. For starters, the gas and fuel gauges flipped around randomly, seeming to blink periodically, and the old car just seemed...alive. Nyx and Noah could catch switches and flips moving around out of the corner of their eye, which is probably what passed as May's body language now that she was devoid of a face, arms, legs, etc.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 2:50 am

Wolfwood.

So far, this city has proven to be absolutely boring. Nothing worth investing in. Perhaps he'll just walk around a little bit more. He does have to find a motel to sleep in. Eh, for once I'd love to stay in a palace-like joint... Like that place in Vegas, eh... What was it called? Caesars Palace. Yes, that place.... Wolfwood rambled stopping himself when he saw a sweet little thing (Ene) at the corner of his eyes. She's a generally average and bland girl, there wasn't too much notable about her. He did know that she was at least a few years younger than him. But, hell, she was definitely easy on the eyes. Wolfwood wasn't exactly a lady's man, but he'll try. If he fails he'll be on his way. He has a way with words, and is a supernaturally quick thinker. The cigarette in between his lips fell down on to the concrete, and he crushed it with his shoe, ladies usually don't like second-hand smoke. Wolfwood walked over to her, with a sort of light-swagger in his step. He spoke to her with a friendly smile, "Hey there, I'm Joshua. I'm new and town." While he's quick in, most girls don't like the way his appearance. Then again, he is in his lucky suit. He'll get lucky.

Amanda D. Blackmore.

Morgyn.

Tyrell.

While Amanda was a lot of things, she was by no means a fool. While she didn't instantly see through it, she got the feeling that these two are hiding something. Amanda dashed the idea that Tyrell was up to no good, since the girl seemed to know him (There were variables, but she isn't the type to go into them). She would go deeper, but she isn't going to stand here all day and grill these people. If Tyrell tries something, Amanda will knock his teeth down his throat. The girl doesn't seem to be in any immediate danger. So, she figured that she'd lighten the mood, and handle this conversation like any conversation with any good looking man: by flirting. A grin crept up on her face. "Oh?" Amanda started off, seemingly disappointed, "I just came over here since I saw this big handsome gentleman and thought I'd introduce myself..." Her eyes peered towards Tyrell. "... But, since he's taken, I guess I'll be on my way... Unless you want to try someone a little more... Dangerous." Amanda was half-serious here, and was looking for reactions at best. Not that she didn't find Tyrell attractive. She just wanted to have a bit of fun, before she goes back to her routine.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:16 am

Ene slowly turned back to face Wolfwood. She took a closer look at him, briefly glancing at each of his ears. No earpieces trying to communicate with someone. Most likely no duo trying to hire people to kill her- while death was okay for her, Ene didn't want any other mechanical god holders hurt, so she was living on. Livin on just for the sake of warning those she finds. She had seen him smoking earlier, but didnt really care about it. It is everyone's choice for if they wish to smell unpleasant and get yellow teeth- not hers. She was one who chose not to judge on one's personality based on looks, but rather on the deeds one does. Well, she would judge if someone is safe to talk to, but with good reasons.

What had surprised Ene about the man, strangely enough, was his smile. For the past few months, smiles unnerved her, as the only ones she had seen were from Ran and Klark each time they would zone in on their prey- cold and heartless or bloodthirsty and crazy. The friendly smile this fellow gave her, however, was enough to get Ene to speak up, unlike usual.

"I'm Ene. You need some assistance?" Her face held the same expression as usual- no expression, whatsoever, yet holding a certain sadness to it that is hard to be seen yet easy to perceive, as though she had lost her best friend or a death in the family had occurred. This, of course, isn't the truth of the matter, as you know.

----
Morgyn
-----

Morgyn held back a laugh as Amanda flirted with Tyrell. This was quite an amusing turn of events. "Well, I don't think Natalie would like that very much, especially if that were to happen on her birthday." Lie, lie, lie. She didnt even have a sister. Morgyn enjoyed this acting thing, actually. That's what she wa calling it instead of lying to make it seem less bad, on moral standard- the same way a white lie is told, she was making up lies. She probably won't ever see this girl again anyways, right? So there's no harm done.

-----
Lance
-----
Lance yawned, standing up as he began walking again, open for any interactions by anyone wanting to rp with him.

Last edited by Celo The Impossible on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:10 am

Nyx and Noah

"I'll remind you that Bonnie and Clyde were a couple, so I don't think that'll work. Going and committing felonies sounds, fun but we can't just go off and do it. Gotta wait until it's dark, then I can bring out my toys and have some fun!" At the mention of a small metal cube, Nyx instinctively looked at her mechanical arm. There was a tiny hidden compartment flush with the rest of the material, where it resided. "Oh yeah I have one of those too! They are so awesome!" The next thing may said really excited her. "So you can go into other stuff! You might want to do that when we get back, because Noah wants this car. Isn't that right?" The poor man just sat there in stunned silence. "Am I going bonkers, like you?" He looked around at the controls moving by themselves. "And I don't want this car if it's haunted or some sh*t." He didn't respond to any of may's questions. Nyx reached over slapped him across the thigh. "Well that's not very nice! This is May and she's my new best friend! Boom boom is going to be so jealous!" Noah was about to say something, but Nyx cut him off. "I said lets take a spin! Do some fast awesome driving, I don't care where we go!"

Tyrell

Tyrell was taken aback a little. This wasn't what he was expecting, he decided to go along with Morgyn for lack of his own response. "That definitely wouldn't do her right. I'll have to decline that offer." There was a hint of disappointment in voice. Is this girl for real? If she was he'd just missed out, but this other cube holder was of greater interest to him. He waited awkwardly to see if she would indeed be off. With each second he realized more and more how attractive she was. Terrible timing. He thought to himself. Focus. Tyrell took a breath and tried to play it off cool for a little bit longer.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:39 am

Ran and Klark (to get this rp rolling~)
-----

The boy was at the very edge of the top of the YMCA building. He was around fifteen years old and had a certain look of terror about him, as if he were staring death, itself, in the face. "Please, man, I don't know what you're talking about!" His heels were hanging off the building to where his only support were his toes. Ran had him at gunpoint, as she had spotted him on the top floor and chased him to the top, as Klark blocked the exits.

She had gotten bored during the thirty minute wait, and decided to go ahead with the search. She had a psicotic grin on her face. "Oh, but you do. The mechanical gods- I need them for a very important job I was sent to do!"

"I'm telling you, I don't know!"

Klark stepped up to Ran, a cold smile on his face, "It appears he is telling the truth." A wave of relief washed over the boy's face, as he had thought he had just postponed his death. Instead, Ran shrugged, "Well he already knows. He can't live, now." The boy's face twisted back into one of horror as she pulled the trigger, the gunshot echoing through the surrounding few blocks of the town as a bullet went strait through the boy's strawberry-blonde-covered head. The boy's body fell down the building, landing with a sickening "splat" that actually sounded like several eggs being dropped at once. Ran grinned even more, as if the sound pleased her. She appeared to have just wanted an excuse to kill.

Klark spun around on his heel, "Let's go- we aren't on their databases yet." Ran nodded and followed, seemingly content, "That was very satisfying." By the time anyone found the boy, they were long gone. That was their announcement to everyone- prepare yourselves, since death comes quickly and in the most coldhearted ways. It didn't matter to them how they killed, though. As long as their sick little hearts found mechanical gods to take care of their job.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 2:01 pm

The hardest part about going on an adventure would be starting one. Marcie walked down her rather long dirt driveway. Along both sides of the path were lines of cars. All sorts of cars. Broken cars, new cars, old cars, and random scattered car parts. It would probably be a bad idea to walk around without shoes on, as Marcie could easily step on a sharp piece of metal. Lucky for Marcie, she didn't really care about getting hurt. She was rather durable. But where was she to go on her adventure? And how would she get there?

Her thoughts were momentarily interrupted by the sound of a distant gunshot. But since Marcie lived in an area where there was a lot of hunting, she didn't think twice about it. For all she knew it might have not even been a gunshot, it could have been the sound of someone dropping something or a loud construction vehicle. Really, murder didn't cross the young girls mind.

Perhaps she would go into town more, there were always adventures to have in town. And as she reached the end of her driveway she realized how she was going to get there. Her bicycle leaned against the side of the mailbox. Marcie grinned and pulled it away from its resting place. She didn't bother to put on a helmet or knee pads as she whipped down the main road, towards town. The headstrong girl purposely going over every bump.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Ene
-----

Ene's attention was drawn away from Wolfwood when the gunshot echoed through the streets. Oh, no. Ene's first thought was of Ran and Klark and of the chaotic path they left behind them. Her eyes were widened with fear as the thought went through her mind and a few inaudible words were mumbled under her breath, but a few words were reckognizeable- "... Not them so soon..."

Ene was frozen in place, eyes darting around as if searching for the place the gunshots came from. The sounds echoed through her mind, as they hadtriggered one of her many unwanted memories. The sound she heard before her last reset was that exact sound. She remembered triggering the reset before throwing the cube into the river- it always found its way to her after a reset. She heard the gunshot and felt her mind explode- in a literal sense- before... peace. She was just standing in Kellinsville on a peaceful day, in a completely new body.

The only sign of the flash back was Ene's right eye twitching slightly.

-
Morgyn jumped when the gunshot was heard. "That was near here- it sounded really close..." was all she said, looking around nervously. Sure, she was (admittedly) fine with lying, but guns in a city... never good. "Should we go see where it came from...?"
((no long posts till Friday- sorry XO))
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Amanda D. Blackmore.

A cheeky grin crept up on Amanda' face. Just what I wanted. She provoked the very reaction that she wanted. This flirting was just her way of joking. She shrugged and turned around. She had no further business here. She turned around and walked away, wiggling her hips. Amanda spoke to them as she walked away, "Ah well, in case you and Natalie-" Amanda put extra emphasis on Natalie, "-Break off, I'll be here all summer. But, you better take that offer real quick. You'll never know when some other stud will take it." Then she heard the roar of the gunshot - Which was really close. Amanda jolted out of sheer surprise - Then it turned to joy. Putting it lightly; Amanda isn't exactly the most sensible person out there. She was the kind of person who thought it was fun getting into dangerous situations like ones with bullets instead of running like a little girl. Because of her power, bullets aren't going to be too effective against Amanda. "Oh well... I guess duty calls." Amanda started off, as she ran off towards the scene. Then she shouted at the pair, "Any of you two lovely people can join me if you got the balls!"

Wolfwood.

Celo wrote:
"I'm Ene. You need some assistance?"
Seemingly instantly, Wolfwood had a response ready. The very second that Ene finished talking, Wolfwood spoke in a soft tone, "Yeah, I could use some directions. Where are any cheap motels, and places to get something to eat, mostly." He looked around. He made the decision not to flirt or anything with the girl. He was pretty observant and picked up on her emotions easily. She was sad or something. While Wolfwood had some low standards, he knew that this would only explode in his face if he tried anything. He'd rather not humiliate himself, or make things awkward, when he needs directions above all else. Wolfwood also didn't want to know anything about her - Because the way he sees it, she's going to give him directions and he'll be on his way.

That's when... Well, he's heard such things before. Gunshots, basically. Echoing through the area around them. He jolted and his eyes darted around. Wait, you know if you were going to see where they came from, you gotta use your magic, Joshy. He remained calm and focused. Using his ability to greatly enhance his hearing, he heard everything going on around him. He learned that it came from the YMCA. Then he enhanced his eyesight to superhuman levels. In the process, Wolfwood heard Ene mutter something, and her heartbeat sped up. He would have dismissed it as simple fear, but it was what muttered is what tipped him off. Sounded like she knows something. That, or people sling guns around a lot here (Which works in his favor!). After a few seconds of complex mental debating, Joshua came to a decision. He got the feeling she wasn't going to help him. So what's at risk here? She blows him off, and he leaves and never mentions this again. "... You know something?" Wolfwood asks Ene.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Ene winced, being snapped back into reality by Wolfwood asking a question.

"Wh-what?" Her voice started out hourse before she cleared her throat. "Yes- I mean, I-I... It just brings back bad memories," she managed a small smile. It wasn't a lie, really. In truth, the statement hit home, only without mentioning the mechanical gods or Ran and Klark. No- she couldn't bring anyone that doesn't hold a mechanical god. If there is ever anyone who holds one, though, she will warn them to get the heck out of this town. The gunshots... such a thing couldn't be a coincidense for her.

Ene was quiet for a moment before changing topics (and talking more then usual), "Motels? There's a cheap one called 'The Grandieur' out beside the most expensive one here- the Clarion Plaza." She knew of the motels in town really quickly- it's hard to just buy an apartment when you start with 0 balance and no previous house, so she survived one day at a time for a while. "As for restaraunts, there's several on that same street. It's about a block from here. A bar-be-que place called Steve's, your classic fast food joints, even a sports center a couple blocks down. Most of the businesses around here are around the same area." She looked around nervously again, though her face had returned to its emotionless state. She'll have to cancel the painting. It's too dangerous to be out. "I'm going back home- it's near the hotel area." she nodded her head past him, towards where she had just walked away from. Without waiting for a reply She walked past Wolfwood, her shoulder brushing his as she walked.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:03 am

Tyrell

After the gunshot Tyrel was visibly shaking. It had brought back a bad memory that he couldn't and didn't want to forget. The night his mother became a widow and the reason he now lived here. Oh please, god no. He looked to see that both Morgyn and Amanda hadn't taken it as hard, and tried to regain his composure. Half of him wanted to be a man and go with them to investigate, the other wanted to run back to his apartment as fast as he could. Cmon Tyrell, your power can protect you. He gulped and stuttered. "R-right behind you." There was no backing out now, besides it sounded like the shot had come from above and he didn't want to get gunned down on his way out. Tyrell wiped the sweat from his face and took a couple deep breaths. He was ready as he'd ever be.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:44 am

Morgyn had chosen in the last minute to follow the overly-excited Amanda and really nervous Tyrell. He looked like how she felt- she didn't want to see a dead body! Why was she going and following them, then? She had to turn back! But then, just as curiosity lures people into tricky situations one wishes never happened, Morgyn was led into this one.

When they arrived at the scene, there were already people gathered around. The body of the boy was sprawled across the concrete, limbs sticking out in awkward directions. Blood was scattered everywhere, and there was a very visable bullet wound right in the middle of his forehead. Blood was still pouring from the wound.

Yeah, Morgyn did NOT want to see that. She grabbed Tyrell by the arm and pulled him along, using her power so that everyone but Tyrell wouldn't look at her. "We're going to go discuss something besides that," was all she could manage to say. That was such a dumb move- she might as well have said, "Oh- I heard gunshots! I'm gonna go see where they came from and possibly die in the process and if not, get scarred for life!" Idiot, idiot, idiot! She turned to Tyrell, "No one is going to look at me, and since you're in front of me, no one will point at you. Point to where you want to discuss the items we both currently have," she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mechanical Gods IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC Empty

Back to top Go down

Mechanical Gods IC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next