Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mechanical Gods IC

Go down 
+2
Dragonbud
Celo "The Moms"
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Marcie hadn't planned on trying to seek out the source of the gunshot. She began to question that hunters were the cause of the single gunshot when police cars and ambulances began to whip past her, sirens whaling. Marcie could feel herself speed up, not noticing her breath begin to quicken and her heartbeat intensify. She wasn't sure what she would find when she got there. Maybe she wanted some sort of peace of mind. Maybe if she never found the source of the gunshot she would never forget about it. The sound would forever plage her mind. It was rare for the young girl to think sure dark thoughts, but maybe it was just the over all mood of the day.

It hadn't crossed her mind that someone could have died today and so close to her home. Death was something hard for her to wrap her mind around. How could someone be alive and breathing one moment then dead and gone from this world in the next? And why do some people die early in their lives and some people stay around much longer? She stood several feet away from all of the police officers and hysteric passerbys. She didn't really have a good view of the body but she knew what had happened. Marcie blinked her eyes, standing on the curb with her bike supported by her hands.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 2:30 pm

Lance was looking above a police officer's shoulders, wincing at the view of the dead teen. He flinched, turning around to keep from looking again. He noticed, while turning around, a little girl of about eleven years standing at the curb. No one seemed to care about her seeing it. Lance, however, noticed and didn't want such a young girl to have her childhood ruined by such a scene. He walked up to her before kneeling down on one knee, offering the girl a quick smile, "Maybe we shouldn't see this, eh?" He eyed the girl's necklace, then. Was that.../ He wasn't surprised. "I like your necklace," he added in with another small smile.

------------
Chance
------------
random song:
Chance was looking around the city from his special spot- a tree, on a branch only he could reach. He watched the many happenings in the city- people going about their ways. It was then he noticed a peculiar woman of about 25 years of age with several scars (Robin) who was limping. He cautiously stood up on the branch, careful not to fall even though no harm would be done if he were to fall.

He looked down at the ground before jumping, at first his goal seeming to be to land on the ground before he instead of going lower in the sky went higher. He quickly flew over to the tree above the woman, an impish grin appearing on his face before he spoke up. "Who are you?" was all he said to the woman, a good ways up in the tree. He found that the woman looked strange- her legs partially prosthetic, a missing eye, and dirty hair. Normally, this would honestly be the type of person his mom would warn to stay away from, but he wasn't really one to pay attention to such warnings. His legs were swinging off the bottom of the tree branch as he looked down at the strange woman and his hands were resting against the branch, one clenched tightly around a small cube.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 3:40 pm

It had been rather hard to look away from the body of the boy. Maybe a part of Marcie was expecting all the police officers and ambulance workers were going to wake him up and give him a bandage. But that didn't seem to be happening. Death was certainly a hard thing to wrap the mind around. Marcie just hoped his death was quick. But that made her start thinking about who did it and why. Her deep and rather disturbing thoughts were interrupted by the voice of a stranger.

Marcie forced her eyes to meet his when he crouched down in front of her, blocking her view of the boy. She blinked a few times, realizing now how dry her eyes were. She shifted her weight a little, now realizing how heavy her bike felt in her hands. The boys voice was rather calming to her. He seemed rather friendly, he had one of those faces that you can trust. And even though Marcie knew about stranger danger she didn't really care.

Her fingers instinctually curled around her mechanical god. She wasn't trying to hide it, holding it just made her feel safe. "Thank you sir." She started in a soft voice. "It was a gift from my mama."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Dragonbud wrote:
"It was a gift from my mama."
Lance nodded, keeping the smile pasted to his face, "That's cool." He made sure to remain at the girl's eye level, as a way to keep er from seeing the crime scene. "You know..." Lance pulled out his own mechanical god, his name written across the top, "I have one, too." He figured it was fine to show this little girl the cube- she wasn't going to do anything wrong, by far. She was just a scared little girl, from what Lance saw, and he needed to get her away from this area that could easily terrify the girl.

"I'm Lance, by the way," he grinned, holding out a hand for a handshake.

-----------
Greg
-----------

Greg (Mister Gregory, as high school students know him) yawned as he put away the last clean dish after washing them. There weren't many, of course, as he was the only person to have to worry about washing dishes for. He hadn't done much that morning, but now he was ready to get going for the day. He walked over to the mirror beside the door of his small apartment, looking himself over. His clothing was the usual- a gold tee and a pair of khakis. His shoes were fine, as well, and he could feel the small lump at the toe of his right foot- the strange cube that came to him, believe it or not, in the mail about three years ago. The item just had a small note with it, nothing else.

Greg had planned on sending the strange item back to the sender at first, but then there had been no return address on the envelope. In fact, the envelope wasn't even addressed to him. It held no return address or destination listed. It just showed up with everything else in his mailbox. How peculiar. Well, Greg had thought it was some sort of prank from one of his college friends at the time, so he just left the cube on his desk, only to find a strange energy loss occur not long afterwards, and when he picked up the cube not long after, the energy returning. Then while he was holding the cube, he pulled out the chair for his desk... and it went flying, destroying the chair and leaving a large dint in his dormitory wall. It took a lot to explain the situation to the president of the college (and the huge bill it left him didn't help, either).

Now, three years later, Greg was a teacher for the Kellinsville High School choir. He stepped outside his apartment, looking briefly at the apartment door next to his- Ene's apartment. The girl had moved in a few months back. She seemed like a really nervous person- also kind of sad. He hadn't really talked to her that much, but the sadness in the girl's emotionless behavior was somehow evident.

Greg walked out of the apartment complex and started walking. ((and so now there's another person open for rp))
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:12 pm

The young the girls eyes lit up, momentarily forgetting about the murder victim. Marcie grin, again releaveling her cube to the stranger. "Wow that's so weird! We both have the same exact thing!" She un curled her fingers, revealing her name on the surface. She hadn't really made the connection the powers and the cubes yets. Marcie shook his hand, shaking it up and down as she spoke. "My name is Marcie, it's nice to meet you sir." Maybe her mother had bought the cube form the same place this Lance man had.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 2:29 am

Wolfwood.

Celo wrote:
"Yes- I mean, I-I... It just brings back bad memories,"

"Yeah, we've all had those." Wolfwood speaks immediately after Ene does. Hmph. A smirk crept up on Wolfwood's face. He didn't exactly want to go any deeper into this, even though he could. All he'd accomplish was chasing off this chick. Besides, everyone had their bad times that come back to haunt them. Even Wolfwood... Well, thanks to this magical box, he's not even certain that these memories he has floating around in his head are real or fabricated. Damn cube... Wolfwood quietly cursed the Mechanical God he's been given... Found... Whatever, he has it now. Speaking of which, he figured that he'd turn off his super hearing before another gunshot goes off. Such a sound will be an uncomfortable experience for everyone. He tuned down his super hearing until it was at normal human levels. Wolfwood nodded his head and looked at Ene.

Celo wrote:
"Motels? There's a cheap one called 'The Grandieur' out beside the most expensive one here- the Clarion Plaza."

Great. Thank you miss, you're helpful in giving me the exact locations of these places. Wolfwood snarked in his head. It just isn't going to be helpful knowing the names of these places. He has to know where they are. Hell, he'll just run off and go grab a map or something, or ask someone else where they are. After quickly putting together a response in his head, Wolfwood spoke, "... Could you tell me where it is? I need directions, ya know."

Celo wrote:
"As for restaraunts, there's several on that same street. It's about a block from here. A bar-be-que place called Steve's, your classic fast food joints, even a sports center a couple blocks down. Most of the businesses around here are around the same area."

"Hmm, yeah, I'll look into those places." Wolfwood immediately says after Ene finishes her statement. Now, it appeared that Ene was getting a little bit more useful. He gave her a warm half-smile. He should be on his way. He was getting a little hungry... He could just catch a bite and go look into these hotels. Then figure out how long he's going to stay in this city before skipping - That wholly depends on if he finds another Mechanical God user, if so, he's going to stay here for a long time. Their time here is over, and it doesn't seem like this Ene girl could be of future use... Wait, no. Maybe she can be. Wolfwood thought that it's always useful to make a partner whenever he stops by these cities. Makes things easier and alleviates the boredom (Then again, he doesn't get bored). Wolfwood quickly comes up with what to say, "So, I'm about to head off to these places, care to join me? I'll pay."

Amanda D. Blackmore.

Amanda was far ahead of the Tyrell and Morgyn, and saw the dead schmuck first, before they did. While most people are mentally/emotionally scarred for life from seeing such a sight, Amanda was much more interested. Way too interested, some might add. She smiled cheekily. The guy was bloodied and an obvious bullet-hole was in his head. Such excitement. The only thing stopping her from running over to the body was the crowd of people here. Oh poo. Amanda had honestly wished that she was here when the action happened. Guns and bullets are less than useless when she's around. Aside from watching, there was little that Amanda could do. She noticed that her two little friends are gone... Or something, it was hard to describe. She tried to look around for them, but couldn't focus on one area... Weird. She felt like she should get to moving out of here. It's only a matter of time before the police start sending people away. Police and Amanda don't get along that well to begin with. Amanda took a few steps back, with that same strange grin on her face, then she made her way out of the building.

Even if anyone questions her about what happened, she'd tell them the truth.

Robin Isabel Merryguard.

Celo wrote:
"Who are you?"

Robin stopped dead in her tracks, surprised. She hadn't expected Chance to be up in the tree - But, it wasn't the smartest idea to surprise. Since she was a hardened criminal, and was robbed and nearly killed several times, such events would make a woman like her pretty jumpy. That pistol tucked her waist-band hadn't called to her more than now. She quickly turned her head towards Chance in the tree, all while she reached for her pistol. Having one eye has given her a considerable blindspot, but she managed to spot him and relent before she put a hole in his head. Robin stopped herself when her hand was inches away from her gun, but kept that exact pose. Just in case the little f*cker tries anything else stupid. While it was a child... Robin takes no chances. F*cking stupid kids these days. She could just say that the kid tried to rape her and she acted in self-defense in killing him. She gave Chance a narrow glare. "Kid, don't go 'round doin' that. You might spook someone and get hurt." Robin warned Chance, in a very displeased tone. "... And who's asking?" While Robin was heavily annoyed, she didn't want to pass up an opportunity to get this kid out of his money. While he is young, and probably doesn't have too much, outside of sentimental worth, on him, she wants it.

Sage Lucas Pimm.

Coming soon...
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Ene
-------

Celo decided to rush Ene's and everyone else's posts since the forum logged her out. Anyways, ene stopped and turned around to face Wolfwood, a shocked expression on her face. She wasn't sure what she was expecting... she just wouldn't have ever expected being invited to eat with him. no one, sadly enough, had never really sent her such an invitation before. Ene nodded, "Okay," she said, a smile quickly appearing on her face before it went back to being expressionless. This guy couldn't work with Ran and Klark, right? She slowed down her walking pace to walk beside Wolfwood.

--------
Chance
-------

chance winced when he saw the strange woman reach for a gun.... and then stop. He stopped swinging his legs, his hand still clutched around his cube, a nervous expression beholding his face for just a moment before he went back to smiling. He should pay attention to the "don't talk to strangers" junk more often.

MrAllenJ wrote:
"Kid, don't go 'round doin' that. You might spook someone and get hurt." Robin warned Chance, in a very displeased tone. "... And who's asking?"
Chance shrugged, "I dunno. You looked cool. I decided to ask. My name's Chance, by the way," his legs went back to swinging, the pull of gravity having no affect on them.

---------
Lance
-----

Lance smiled softly at the girl, who didn't seem to know the power of the strange cubes. "Nice to meet you, Marcie. Don't you have some parents near here?" he decided the best thing to do was get this girl home if she was alone or- even worse- lost. it was the right thing to do, right?

-----------
salina
------------

Salina steped out of the back of the YMCA, avoiding the crowd and going to the parking lot. She had changed from her swimsuit into a floral, dressy tank-top with some blue jean shorts and gladiator sandals that stopped right at her ankles- A style she found quite stylish. Salina's hair was down and she carried her purse with her, which held her mechanical god, her cell phone, a cemera, and iPod. She believed that she looked as fabulous as usual.

Salina slowed down as she saw a car- a very nice car, at that- with what looked like a homeless person and some blue-haired, weird looking chick at the wheel. It didn't add up. Salina wrinkled her nose at these odd people. She walked up to them, waving with a smirk on her face. "What are you guys doing with this car?" she questioned, obviously suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 3:19 pm

Marcie nodded slowly, then shook her head. "My father is here, but also not here." Marcie seemed to be confusing herself. "Uh I mean he is at home, I biked here myself." That sounded innocent enough, but Marcie didn't tell him how far he biked or anything else about her unusual powers. She still didn't know that it was the mechanical god that had given her the powers, so she didn't know that lance had powers as well. She just assumed it was a coming of age thing, and only kept the cube with her because her father tells her to. "But don't worry I can protect myself. I'm not scared."
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 2:58 am

True Night wrote:
Nyx and Noah

"I'll remind you that Bonnie and Clyde were a couple, so I don't think that'll work. Going and committing felonies sounds, fun but we can't just go off and do it. Gotta wait until it's dark, then I can bring out my toys and have some fun!" At the mention of a small metal cube, Nyx instinctively looked at her mechanical arm. There was a tiny hidden compartment flush with the rest of the material, where it resided. "Oh yeah I have one of those too! They are so awesome!" The next thing may said really excited her. "So you can go into other stuff! You might want to do that when we get back, because Noah wants this car. Isn't that right?" The poor man just sat there in stunned silence. "Am I going bonkers, like you?" He looked around at the controls moving by themselves. "And I don't want this car if it's haunted or some sh*t." He didn't respond to any of may's questions. Nyx reached over slapped him across the thigh. "Well that's not very nice! This is May and she's my new best friend! Boom boom is going to be so jealous!" Noah was about to say something, but Nyx cut him off. "I said lets take a spin! Do some fast awesome driving, I don't care where we go!"

May

No way! You want meeeeyyyy car. You want my car. Um, that's cool and stuff, but I'm kinda using ri-no, I mean, if you want it you can have it and all, me carra es su carra and stuff like that. Hey, let's go get food. I mean, you guys'll get food, I don't really eat that much anymore, you know. Not the best diet plan, I feel as big as a truck! Hahaahahahaha oh I'm sorry that was awful. But serious food let's get some.

The sleek red Chrysler rolled out of the YMCA parking lot, swinging turns at speeds that were possibly a little dangerous (and yet within the car, Nyx and Noah would barely feel it, as if the laws of physics were being bent ever so subtly around the car to prevent whiplash) and evoked a few angry horn screeches from some concerned soccer moms. The radio began to play softly, now on a pop station (California gurlz are unforgettable...), and the tires rolled smoothly out into traffic. Nyx's hands didn't touch the wheel, but it spiraled of its own accord one way or another, turn signals flickering on without the switch being flipped. Other lifelike attributes of the car persisted, from the rhythmic inhale-exhale of the air conditioning to the feminine purr of the engine-and a rather awkward aversion to having anyone touch the ignition, for whatever reason.

May, however, was both overwhelmingly excited and incredibly terrified: she had two whole friends now, but also the capability of losing two friends. Nyx seemed, like, really cool and stuff, she was excited and if she wanted May's car she could have it she could have like everything because that's what friends do, right? But May was really worried about Noah 'cause he didn't seem to be talking back to her and oh no what if he left and took Nyx with him and she was alone no no no no

Um no I'm not haunted I swear I'm like totally a real person and stuff like you please believe me. I'm just IN the car, you know, like, my body's a car and stuff. It's hard to explain. This isn't like Christine or anything though, although I guess the car is pretty similar. Okay, bad example, but like please don't leave or anything. You guys are my friends!

The car doors subtly and quietly locked.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 3:47 am

Tyrell

Tyrell reluctantly followed Amanda, he really didn't want to see a shooting victim, or worse yet the shooter. Thankfully for him she had already turned on her heel and was headed back by the time he caught up. He saw blood, and turned away to keep from seeing anything else. It worried him how quickly she lost interest in the scene, not because the corpse scared her; more like she wanted to find the shooter and didn't. Tyrell tagged along on her way out, it would nice to leave before the cops arrived.

Nyx and Noah

"Don't worry, I think I've lost interest until you find a new home." Noah didn't appear to happy about saying that. "We can go get some food! Just drive real fast out of here, because somebody was just shot and I'll have a big problem if the cops want to question me about it." There wasn't the least bit of concern in her voice for the victim, nor curiosity of who it was. It wasn't her and that was what mattered. "We should go to a drive through so I don't have to leave you."

"May isn't a ghost, she's like us! Her cube did this." Noah wasn't in the car for this part of the conversation. He didn't respond, but simply nodded. When something can't be explained a cube is responsible for it. It was a hard lesson for him to learn.

A girl dressed all high classed approached the car. She disgusted Nyx before she even said a word. "Excuse me but this is mine, my daddy is like super rich. Take this and run along now." Nyx reached into her T-shirt collar and pulled out a few hundred dollar bills like it was nothing, which it was. "Now lets get out of here." She didn't address May direct since they were in front of a stranger. Being on her toes she leaned in such a way to cover up the fact that there weren't keys in the ignition.

"Act like a normal car." Nyx whispered under her breath.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Ran and Klark
----------------

The duo was now in a booth at a coffee shop, several blocks away from the crime scene that the police had now set up in front of the YMCA. It is a likely possibility that the crime scene will be closed in a few months, there being no real evidence that reveals much information or eye witnesses when the gunshots resounded throughout the city. Ran was calmly sipping a mug of plain black coffee, seemingly content and acting as if the murder had never happened. Klark sat across from her on his laptop, his fingers darting around on the keyboard and his eyes peeled to the device’s screen.

The two’s composure was being held so well after such an incident that even if one knew that they had caused the murder of the young boy that person would find themselves doubting their own eyes, as surely some people that sat so refined and contently couldn’t have just taken a soul from the earth, never to return again? The nauseating fact is, however, that the said individuals were so used to killing that it had no effect on their conscious, let alone their demeanor.

Ran took a sip of coffee before speaking up, “So, was I right? Have you found anyone that’s had a change in their actions in the past three years?” Klark remained staring at the computer, no emotion on his face and no words coming from his mouth. Ran grinned, knowing very well that the expression meant she had been correct, and Klark’s ego was getting in the way of admitting it. “Well who is it, then?” Ran questioned, the grin remaining on her face. Klark spun the laptop around to face Ran. “Morgyn- a young girl who is known for being good at sports. She, while already very athletic, had a drastic improvement in sports starting about two and a half years ago. People claim to not even see her when she darts down the gym in basketball, in soccer stealing the ball, et cetera.”

The response was a sip of coffee and a smirk, “So, we found the one that diverts one’s eyes, then?” Klark slowly nodded. “Excellent. Then we are to go and find her immediately. Does she have any preferred hangouts?”

“The only one is the YMCA we just left, where she tries to exercise every morning. That place is likely to be closed soon, however- not to mention the fact that based on her personality according to others she would have most likely already left the sports center, being frightened by our starting signal,” Klark answered, emotionless. Ran nodded, her expression filled with exhilaration. “Then that makes our search all the more fun,” she said. She paused before asking, “Is there anyone else?” Klark nodded, switching pictures with each person mentioned, “Several others, actually. Nyx, a young woman, was in a psychiatric ward but escaped about three years ago. Sage, a male who looks a bit like a female is also one to look into. He seems rather suspicious in the looks area, and holds a strange vibe around him- almost angelic. A young girl named Marcie has a necklace with a small cube on its end. Then tere’s Lance, a young boy who somehow makes it to the highest places without the aid of a ladder or anything else- almost as if he, as some may say, flew .”

“Are there any others on the list?”

“I’m still finding suspects. There’s several, that’s for certain.”

Ran’s excitement was increasingly visible, as she was now standing up with her hands pressed against the table, as if doing so was the only way to release the built up excitement inside her, “I say we get started on our search soon, then.” Klark nodded and stood up as well. They both exited the coffee shop, their first victim- err, suspects- in mind.

-----------
Morgyn
----------

Morgyn looked around nervously before noticing Tyrell leaving the building. “W-wait!” she yelped, rushing towards him. She neared closer to him and slowed to walking speed. She still wanted to know about the cubes they had, and if he had a special ability, as well. She looked back at the ymca hesitantly. She really didn’t like what she had seen back there. Never had shee ever thought she would see a dead body, yet there she was, traumatized from the scene. “Aren’t you going to tell me about the cube?” she questioned.
------------
Lance
------------

Lance nodded, his face holding some concern on it. If he were this girl’s father, he wouldn’t want her out and about on her own, where someone could easily hurt her- especially, of all times, now, with a murderer around town. “Well, would you like for me to walk you to your house, then?” He offered, trying to keep from sounding like some creep in the offer, as he wasn’t sure if the girl would trust him or not, considering a stranger offering to walk someone home is not the most trustworthy thing.

----------
Salina
--------

Salina smirked at the strange girl. “Sorry, hun, I already have quite a bit of cash to spare.” She held up her wallet, which was full of credit cards and dollar bills, “My daddy, as you say, is loaded, as well. That’s not what I wish to discuss, right now, however.” She placed her wallet back in her purse, an impish smirk on her face. This person wasn’t really trying to say she’s better than her, THE Salina, was she? Because she SO wasn’t. What she was more interested in, at the moment, was what she had heard the girl say earlier before she spoke up- something about a cube? Oh, man, this is just too good.

“What I would like to know about, however, is what you said earlier about…” Salina paused, her index finger tapping against the side of her chin playfully in a fake “thinking” pose. “Something about a cube, wasn’t it? Yes! A cube! Now, please be a doll and tell me,” Salina removed her perfectly manicured fingernail from her face and folded her hands behind her back, fingers intertwined with each other, “Just what sort of cubes are we discussing here?” Yes- she needed to know about them. THE cubes that are just like hers.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:45 am

Marcie was a bit confused. She wondered why this man was so concerned for her safety. She went on walks into town by herself all the time. Marcie didn't really have any problem with Lance walking with her back to her house, she was just a bit confused. As she pondered these things she found herself frowning slightly, cocking her head to the side. Maybe it was because of the gunshot. Maybe this man was just taking extra precautionary actions. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to go home and hang around. After everything that had happened since she left home she didn't really feel like going on a bike ride anymore. The young girl straightened her head, nodding. "That sounds like a good idea." She almost instinctually reached out her hand, as if asking to hold hands to be sure nothing bad happens. But before she could Marcie remembed Lance was a stranger and it wasn't common practice to hold hands with people you have only just met.

She laughed at herself silently, it had been awhile since she held hands with someone for protection, not since she was a kid. She put her hands on the handle bars of her bike, rolling it along the road next to her. She glanced over her shoulder at Lance, only now noticing how many police officers had gathered around the YMCA. Marcie just hoped they didn't try to stop them from leaving the area, it wasn't like the two of them were that suspicious. As Lance caught back up to her Marcie couldn't help but ask. "Where did you get your cube from?"
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:59 pm

random song~:

Ran and Klark
---------------

It had not been long after Ran and Klark had been walking that a certain ring came from Klark’s laptop bag.  Ran looked at him and nodded at a nearby alleyway so that they could check on whatever the sound signified.  They walked towards the alley and Klark opened his laptop.  “The list is complete,” he stated as plainly as ever yet still maintained a cool smile, “There’s around fifty mechanical god holders.”  Ran grinned, “Then the last of them are all gathered around here?” Klark nodded silently.  “Call her,” Ran ordered.  Klark nodded once again before typing a few numbers into his keyboard, allowing a webcam to pop up.  They had no worries of spectators as no sane person would ever go into a dark alleyway where two strangers are.  Such a thing could be what signifies one’s demise in a disturbing way.

It wasn’t long after the webcam appeared that a face showed up on the screen.  A young woman with an almost otherworldly atmosphere about her was on the other side of the screen.  While cell phones would have been much easier, the woman for reasons not yet revealed preferred to use a webcam as a way of communication.  Such an action was easy, however, for Klark as he almost always had a laptop and could easily find internet access in the most desolate of places.

The woman on the screen had strange features- her hair held what seemed to be a white color until one looked closer, to find that it was more so a very pale pinkish color.  Her eyes were a violet shade and constantly held a piercing yet wise gaze, as if she could see into the person who beheld her’s soul and read their every though, every fear, every joy.  The woman constantly held a mischievous smirk that made it to where the woman seemed to see the idiotic thoughts of everyone and the smirk was only a small attempt to hold back a laugh at the world’s idiocy.  None of these things one could perceive about the woman is true, of course, but still one would believe these things true if they didn’t know any better. Behind the woman was several computer screens that showed different people- a young girl with long hair in a white dress who seemed to be bandaged up quite a bit, yet held no other signs of injury.  A young man in a white jacket that held a strict, no-nonsense look constantly on his face.  A boy who appeared to be albino was on one of the screens.  His image kept flickering in and out of the screen that held him, as if the existence of the boy was questionable.  Every single one of these people had a story about a mechanical god that will probably never be told.

“We have found several,” Ran grinned at the woman.  The woman nodded in reply, “As I had told you there would be.  So you have called for a favor?” “Yes,” Ran began, “We are looking for a way to get all of our contestants together in one place, to make the job all the more easier to collect their special items.” The woman nodded once again, her violet eyes gleaming with animosity towards no one in particular, “Well then, what’s one way to collect them?  Not one holder of these cubes can resist finding out more about them.  If one heard of someone who could tell them the truth behind these ‘mysterious items’ then would they not go to that person?” Ran smirked, understanding what the woman was getting to.  Klark, who was still holding his laptop, simply closed his eyes, deep in thought, and held a cold smile on his face.  “I trust Klark can easily find all of the found persons’ numbers, and then you can send a…. Invitation to each one? Say, a meeting place?  Then you can deal with everyone in one place accordingly. I’ll send you the best meeting place for such a rendezvous.”  Before getting a reply, the woman signed off. Ran turned to Klark and smirked, “You heard her. Let’s throw a little party.”

Klark nodded, his face returning to its expressionless state as he opened up a few pages on the laptop, one of which was an email from the unusual woman that held a list of suggestions for the meeting.  Klark then brought up a page with all the mechanical god holders’ names, ages, and cell phone and home numbers.  He waved a hand and all the contacts were on Ran’s cell phone number. By now, you should have realized that Klark’s power is electronics manipulation.  Ran looked at all the conacts nad prepared a text message.

I understand that you and several other persons are holders of a certain item that is in the shape of a cube? Please arrive at the following address so that we may farther discuss this.  I know much about these items- they give you powers, correct?  All I can say right now is that you are in grave danger if you hold one of these.  Please, do make your mind up quickly on whether you should go to the following place, as time is of the essence. Thank you.
-Janette

Ran chose to use a fake name just for the heck of it, as even if these people knew of her actual name it would do nothing to help. However, Janette is a much more helpful-sounding name, in her opinion. She then attached the address for a new, publicly-owned house that is at the end of Sunset Drive- a road in the city known for being very safe and ultimately crime-free.  The house is often times known for holding a few parties, but nothing that really got the cops’ attention.  The text seemed overall innocent and helpful.  Nothing threatening or really that suspicious.  She sent the message to almost everyone except for a few younger children. She left a message on the parents’ answering machines about how they are having a meeting for “gifted children” at the same address and that there would be a children’s section so that they could drop off their kids.  She included a note about how each year the speeches and activities hosted by different people positively influence several of the children’s grades.  She left them with “have a nice day” and sent the voicemail.  Sounded influencing enough.

Now to get to work on the “party”.
((basically, every character is about to hear about the meeting- whether it’s indirectly or directly. Please, just for the sake of the rp, have everyone decide to go no matter how idiotic of an idea it is. Thank you. :3 ))

---------
Greg and Ene
---------

Greg was walking down the street and stopped right next to a bench Ene was sitting at since he received a text.  He read it, eyes widening.  Whoever it was who sent this text knew of his cube?  This is quite unusual.  He checked the number. Blocked. Oh well.  The person obviously knew about these items, and apparently there were others, judging by the text.  “How do they know of the cubes?” he questioned, silently but still aloud.  

Ene, who hadn’t ended up on the list of those with mechanical gods because her history is left at a blank, tensed when she heard Greg mumbling to himself.  She quickly jumped to her feet and faced him, “Y-you have a cube?” She asked, holding up her own mechanical god.  Greg looked at her, obviously confused at the sudden conversing.  He recognized Ene as his new neighbor in the apartment complex he lived at, yet didn’t really talk to her.

“Yeah,” he said, giving Ene a friendly smile, “So you just got the text about them, too? And you have a power as well?”  He was actually quite surprised, though his reaction didn’t show it.  He was for one surprised that there were others with cubes, and also surprised that of all people his neighbor was one of them.  Ene’s face paled, “Can I see the text?” her voice was a meek sound, perceptibly nervous from the mention of mechanical gods. Greg showed her the text, and Ene’s eyes filled with terror. “They’re here,” she murmured, seeing past the text’s lies.  Greg gave her a confused look before she explained, “Look- this text is a fake. You need to stay away from there.” Greg looked at her, face still confused.

“There are others that will be there, though, right?”

“Yes, th-there will. But trust me- you can’t do anything in this case.”

“I’m still going though. No offense, but I don’t know you very well and if there’s others there that can get hurt then I’ll need to go there to help protect them.”  Greg pointed out. Ene slowly nodded, her face still pale from freight. “Then I’ll go, too,” she said, though her answer held uncertainty to it. She wasn’t afraid of death- no. She was afraid of looking at the grinning face of the one she believed was the perfect signification of death, though.  With this, however, Ene and Greg agreed to go to the gathering together.

---------------
Morgyn
---------------

Morgyn stopped looking at Tyrell and switched her gaze to her phone as a text was received.  Her eyes widened as she read the text.  Morgyn switched her gaze to Tyrell, “Did you just get a text?”

---------------
Lance
--------------

Lance smiled, “Alright then, let’s go.” He paused before answering Marcie’s question about his cube.  “I don’t know, honestly. It was just lying in the middle of the rode with a note to me. I don’t know how. It’s weird…” His voice faded before he felt his cell phone vibrating in his pocket.  He took out his cell phone- it was a cheap pay-as-you-go phone, but he found it worked as good as any other phone (and was cheaper, too). He looked in shock at the text before closing it. He will go, but he wasn’t going to bring up the meeting in front of Marcie.  He wasn’t sure if it was safe or not, so he was just going to keep it secret.

((Don’t feel like editing in everyone else povs….. agh XU))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods IC   Mechanical Gods IC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mechanical Gods IC
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2