Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)

Go down 
+2
JunkMail
Mr Allen J
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:00 am

Jake and Lin

So close to getting rid of this weirdo. Just in that one d*mn moment where both of them felt like he'd swallow Jake's BS excuse and move on to do whatever. Of course Black basically says that he doesn't believe Jake's excuse that means that he's either talking out of his @ss or he's just so smart that he's capable of seeing through such things. There wasn't too many ways out of this other than running away--- which probably won't work since just taking one look at Black he realized that he was one of the basket case conspiracy theorist weirdo that chase after them.

Or...

He could just vaguely tell him that he's a mutant. Jake turned to Black and gave him a dead serious stare, "Yeah, yeah. I can see there's no point in trying to lie to you..." He then tilted his head in shame before rearing his head over to Lin. He continued to stare to Black formulating a response in his head that says 'Hey I'm a mutant, that's why my f*cking eyes glow' "....It's something I do. I don't know why." However at the last minute he changed his mind.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:09 am

Carter

Carter kind of looked up at the man who solidified in front of him. He was bummed to find out that his self-father didn't resemble him at all, having no black skin and a pair of veyr human eyes. Carter rocked back and forth a bit, unsure as to what to say. He didn't understand why "God" kept referring to him as a god as well, nor did he comprehend anything that Neron had just said.

He shuffled forward in a gay happiness masked by his pitch dark face, pondering exactly what to say. The "mean people" at Saber Tech told Carter to always think before he acted, though Carter had a hard time thinking sometimes, putting him in some bad situations. he distinctly remembered one time when he broke a test tube by mistake when a doctor was experimenting on him and when the doctor got mad, he grabbed a whip, a weapon which Carter is incapable of mutating, and beat Carter viciously with it. The pain made Carter unable to think clearly, and before he could stop himself, the deed was done. With one fluid motion Carter grabbed the doctor around the neck and squeezed, popping the man's carotid artery like a red water balloon and crushing the doctor's spin into powder. Carter was hurt bad that day, and the "mean people" were going to take his notebook, but Carter threw such a nasty fit that everyone was too scared to touch the book, which contained nothing more than some terrible spelling and a few painfully unartistic pictures of flowers which resembled shower brushes more than roses.

After thinking a moment, Carter looked up at the man he believed to be his father and nodded happily.

"Okay God." he said to Neron foolishly "I'll do whatever you say!"

Peter

The Elvis music blaring out of the corner restaurant had stopped abruptly, and a slow, melodious Aretha Franklin song came on the outdated jukebox. However, nobody was paying attention to the restaurant or its music, as a crowd of civilians of all shapes, sizes, and colors now congregated around Peter in a small crowd. He played through several classical pieces and even did some flute beat-boxing at one point, much to the delight of both the growing crowd and his wallet, as Peter's flute case now overflowed with dollar bills, accompanied by the jingling of assorted quarters and dimes. Nobody was unkind enough today to drop any pennies into the case.

After what seemed like quite a long time, Peter stopped his playing and bowed to the crowd, promising to go and get lunch and then to return to playing the flute. The crowd was swept away, lead by a group of very stressed businessmen and women who took one fateful look down at their watches and took off like bats out of Hell. However, one boy stayed behind, still watching Peter, who took off his hat and said in a Chicagoan accent;

"Show's over for now, kid. Come back later and I might be playing again".

(A slight meta, but required for the plot to commence)
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Neron

Neron was content with Carter's so called obedience. With the creature's strength all he has to do is oust the mutant population and then urge them to find the mutants that Neron seeks by sending all of the people he's manipulated after them and confirming their statuses as threats. It shouldn't be too hard as long as his so called "minions" don't screw anything up or don't be as strong as Neron expects them to be. For now he needs to regroup with Carmen (who should still be at the Carnival) he'll leave Carter to his own volition while he is away.

Neron stretched his arm out to his side, and stretched his fingers out and a spiral of green-fog appeared until it covered the area in front of his hand. He turned towards it and took a step before looking over his shoulder at Carter, "Good. You'll need to gather your strength here, God. I have no use for you right now... later. I will. For now you must stay here and avoid the humans even if they are other Gods, it is imperative that you remain hidden."
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:20 pm

"Huh." Black set his hands on his hips and arched his back slightly, squinting at the boys face as if he were looking for something that different in the boys eyes. Of course, there was nothing he could see that would be visible to the naked eye and the idea that he could would be ludicrous. Black regained his posture and fidgeted his fingers in his pockets, debating whether or not he should just get up and leave or hang around a little longer. It was fascinating, yes, but standing here gave him no answers. Though studying the boy himself would likely give him some answers, seeing if the flashes of cobalt was in correlation in mood or anxiety level. "Well in any case, you might want to lay low a little. I'd imagine there are quite a few people around that would love to get a much closer look at those eyes of yours. Contemplate some sunglasses in the near future." Black advised him.

Black had to admit, he himself would enjoy getting a close up of the structure of the boy's eyes, but he'd rather not have anyone be plucking anybody's eyes out for the sake of science. Using a body is one thing, maiming a teenager another... but he didn't want to leave on some foreshadowing, over looming threat of a note, dear god. 'The government might abduct you and pluck out your eyes, goodbye' sounded horrible. "So anyways," Black started, obviously trying to change the subject, "what's with that fancy letter I saw you handing over to that girl just a minute ago?"
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Lin and Jake

Okay. Everything seemed to be calming down with Black. Jake listened to every word Black said with a surprising amount of focus, because Jake did agree with him, and felt so stupid for not thinking of it before--- or not taking Johnny's advice eariler. He should be very careful with his eyes... and probably take some of Johnny's ridiculous sunglasses because Jake was far too social to isolate. Jake nodded in agreement to Black, he looked like he was going to say something. Then silenced those thoughts, since the only thing he could say was something along the lines of 'Yeah I'll do that' or 'Thank you'. Lin smiled and leaned up against the railing, then peaked back to look at Drake and Megan again.

Black asked about the golden letter he gave Carole. Which brought up another (admittedly small) issue: should be tell a strange man that just scared the crap out of him about the party. Well, he didn't look like the type that'd go to a party of teenagers for whatever reason. There wouldn't be any harm in just telling him about the party. Jake put his hands in the pocket of his overcoat that was hanging off of his being like a cape, then looked at Black again. "Oh, that letter? I'm going to throw a really big party. You know, friends, and family are going to show up and have some family friendly fun."

He looked at the ocean, "I gave her one of the VIP invites. Because, she's a close friend of mine." Then he shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:37 am

"Right" Mar replied, obviously knowing something was up. If it were Alex that told him that, the expectation would be that something terrible or unappealing lied at the party. Mar didn't know exactly what to expect but he kept a happy face on.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Zar
Newborn
Zar

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:25 pm

As soon as the crowd around the boy dispersed and he had remarked on him standing there, Martin realized he was the only one still there. He had gone back into thought after the boy had stopped playing. He quickly dropped a five dollar bill in his flute case, muttering something about the masterfully played music. He was in mid stride, going back towards the alley, when he turned back to the musician.
"Hey, what's your name?" Martin questioned.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Lash

For a moment Lash gave Mar a narrow stare. It wasn't because of what he said that set her off it was his aura. His body and his aura didn't match, so clearly he was putting on a act of sorts. This was one of the reasons why Lash really wished she had telepathy instead of knowing people's emotions are, sometimes people try to play you for a fool. Either way she was tiring of this conversation and felt like she wanted to find another place in this carnival to be alone. "Right. I need to be getting home" She replied before getting off the bench and walking off away from him, his emotional presence should easily alert Lash if he tries to follow.

Drake and Megan

Drake was easily defined as the impatient type. He and his (semi) new acquaintance were standing under the boardwalks for at least a few minutes now waiting for Jake and Lin to cease their conversation with the mysterious gentleman--- before it came to him that they'll most likely be talking to a lot of other people during this night at the carnival. Drake coughed from the smoke from his cigarette, before turning to Megan, then back above the boardwalk, "Yeah, babe. They're going to be here for like hours talking..."

Megan nodded, "Righto, Mr. Blackmore. What is it that you propose? Because I certainly as hell want to find out who's a God. Our search cannot cease until we catch them all!"

Drake raised an eyebrow, "Right..." He said nonchalantly, "Me myself; I want to know a bit more about you." He inhaled another puff of smoke, before coughing again.

"Mr. Blackmore you really need to work on that." Megan replies, gesturing towards his cigarette with her finger, "You've been 18 for like 4 months now and you're already a chain smoker." In that sentence she spoke not in her British accent.

"Mhm. You need to work on not changing the subject."

"We all have things we have to work on don't we? Haha... We can head to my place, Mr. Blackmore. No bonking though, I'm not in the mood... right now." Megan's body was getting irritated by the cool breeze of the Carnival's air.

"Haha... where is your place then?"

"Not very far. In my travels I've gotten quite the mass of wealth, I'm almost like all those posh people you spend time with." She walks over and grabs his arm and drags him off.

--------- After one short trip ---------

Drake and Megan took a Taxi that was conveniently outside of the Carnival gate, and were strangely silent towards each other. While Megan looked very cheery like an idealistic girl 1/4 of her age, Drake looked much more moody with a cigarette in between his fingers. The Taxi stopped right in front of Megan's home. It was a four-floored apartment complex made out of red bricks, and had plenty of windows. It wasn't the nicest looking building, but, it provided the comfort that Megan needed to carry out her business. Drake coughed again, "After you, sweetheart."

"Oh you're so kind." Megan started to lead the way (Drake followed), since it was dark out there wasn't too many people inside of her apartment complex other than people just going home, or people just hanging out in the hallways. It wasn't a long walk since she lived on the first floor, apartment number N-9. She reached into the vest that was over her dress and pulled out the keys and opened the door. The first sight of her apartment was plenty of clothing racks. Indeed, the entire apartment was full of Megan's clothing collection, mens, women, and children clothes, for all shapes and sizes. Drake was a bit amazed by the amazing amount of clothes one person could own, "Woah... this is all yours?"

"Righto again, Mr. Blackmore. When you can change anything about yourself you're going to need a wide variety of clothes."

"Okay." He stepped inside and looked around, "Like... you like to be a different person every day?"

"Yes, and no. When you get shoved into the same line of work as mine then you need identities--- or the very least some clever disguises."

Megan lead Drake into her bedroom (which wasn't full of clothes) where she sat on her bed, and Drake grabbed a nearby wooden chair and sat down adjacent from Megan. They both looked at each other, and Drake leaned forward and he was silent for the sole reason of that he was thinking of questions to ask. "So, can you show me anymore of this shape-shifting?"

Megan closed her eyes for a few seconds, then opened them wide "Now I'm a boy."

Drake coughed nonchalantly again, "... That's interesting." He says with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Indeed it is Mr. Blackmore, I can be anyone... and everyone...." She trailed off, before she smirked and changed into a perfect replica of Drake's form. Over the years they've known each other she's managed to acquire everything she's needed to replicate his form. Of course Drake was a bit uncomfortable from the sight since he was still being introduced to the concept of mutants. It also looked odd seeing himself in a gothic dress. Drake looked visibly uncomfortable and put in a simple request to Megan, "Can you... not do that?" He gestures towards Megan.

"Do what, Blackmore?" in Drake's voice, surprisingly the English accent doesn't sound any worse in his voice.

"Thaaaaaaaat. Don't be me."

"Oh?" Megan started off, "Righto, then. The last guy I did that to was a bit more into it--- unlike yourself, he wanted to... hahahaaaa. Best not get into it." She changed into her Sarah form instead of back to Megan, "Because, unlike those other cheap girls that'd bonk anyone with a fine arse..." She started shape shifting into the various forms she acquired over the years of people such as a overweight girl, or an old man with no hair. She got closer and closer to Drake before saying, "I can be anyone, and everyone... you desire." Before placing his hand on his cheek. Which unfortunately even touching him had triggered his God-like potential, causing him to transform. His skin shifted into a liquid-like goo that was colored dark red, and his entire being was seemingly made of a thick tissue that appeared much like muscle tissue. His face was blank, and covered in large and eldritch lumps, and had teeth sticking out from the sides of his head. His eyes were replaced with small black dots.

Drake looked down at his hands and let out a very manly yell in fear and confusion, "What. Am. I!?" In a monstrous voice that was far from his. Megan pulled back in fear for a moment, and that there's someone yelling in his apartment which will draw some unnecessary attention, "Calm down dear! Going arse over t*t won't help this situation." She whispered, of course Drake complied and relaxed himself, but he still did look a bit upset from the situation.

Afterwards she gave him a look of interest, "Interesting... I mean that's really really interesting that you're a mutant, ha. The Black Fall effect at it's finest right there." She examines him from top to bottom. He appeared to be heavily like her true form which lead her to deduce something about his abilities, "Hmmm... you must be a Replicator-Class, or a Shifter-Class, like myself--- probably just a mix of both. Just from that little touch you adopted my true form. I'm not sure, sometimes when you think a God has one power, then it turns out to be something different! Full of surprises!"

"I'm something like you?"

"Well, of course, deary! Or else this wouldn't be happening to you if you weren't. So let me see if you really are a Shape-Shifter like myself. Oooooh boy. Let's see... how I shift forms is that I focus on the sole part of the body I want to change like really hard. Well, that's how I used to do it at this point I'm a master of the art so all I have to do is blink and then it's changed. But, that's not the point. Look at your hand, then close your eyes and think about how it looked like before you adopted your... new form."

Drake lifted up his hand and stared at his palm for a few seconds before closing his eyes. Then a thousand tiny tentacles covered his being, and in a second he was back to his usual state, he let out a sigh of relief, "I...." He was speechless. He discovered his first mutant and discovered his own mutant status all in one evening. This was so much, "... I don't even know what to say."

"You could say cool, or awesome, or radical--- whatever the kids your age says... you're a being with God-Like Potential. You're basically one step ahead of the rest of your kind in the evolutionary scale. It all makes it so much easier to find the other Gods, as if I didn't tell you Gods are attracted to each other subconsciously. You may not know it but the last person you've talked to may be a God. So... uh... until we experiment with your abilities I don't think it's a good idea for you to leave."

"Experiment? Heh. You mean cut me open like a frog and see what I'm made of."

"More of practice." Megan got off the bed, "See what you can do, and help me narrow down what Class of God you really are. I can train you in the beautiful art of shape-shifting. Ready to get started Mr. Blackmore?"

Drake smirked, "Ha, yeah. This may be fun."
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Black raised an eyebrow in piqued interest. A party, eh? That about sounds like what a kid would do on a summer weekend. As if the carnival wasn't enough, but teenagers often were the embodiment of redundancy. Black never did sacrifice efficiency to reach the peak of his amusement regularly. He often wondered how his childhood differed from others. Where he others played, he studied. If there was a party, he was reading books. There were kids his age that were skipping school while he was cramming his studies during college. Had he ever been robbed of his childhood? He didn't necessarily think so - perhaps it was that he had different priorities. Though Black did often wonder how much his childhood would have differed if he had chosen differently.

"Ah, I see." Black said, phasing back into reality. He had only spaced out for a second before recovering, hardly long enough for the boy or Lin to notice.

"Well then, I hope you kids have fun with your party and thank you both for your help. And uh, hey, kid. I don't think I caught your name..." Black said to the kid, whom he thought by happenstance was a biological miracle and is just as flourished now as he was before.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Jake and Lin

"Me?" Jake curiously looked at Black, "I'm Jake of the Valos family. She's Lin." He spoke full of confidence and sort of proud in that 'I love the family I was born into' sort of way

Good. The man doesn't seem to be the least bit interested in Jake's little party. For a second they suspected that he would want to get in on the party. All that was left was waiting for everyone else to arrive. Which right now didn't seem to be that likely. Other than Johnny and Drake, there were no one else seemingly at the carnival--- likely because they're all in bed and/or don't want to go across town for him. In hindsight it does seem very unreasonable. There's another proud day tomorrow and the party doesn't start until 6. Plenty of time to go to the people whom Jake want the VIPs of the party.

Jake said to Black again, "Yeah, Sir. We have to go. I guess I'll see you?" He spoke in a sort of shy fashion. Before walking off in a haste. What he didn't know is that one of those golden letters dropped out of his overcoat.

((Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime skip))

Jake, Drake, Johnny, Sylvia, Lin, and Megan

First Day of July, Sunday. 6:07 PM

The very next day; the teenaged group composed of Jake's friends ((the characters mentioned above)) had started work on getting the Valos family beach all gussied up for the party. The Beach they had owned was private, and much like the town of Black Fall it was surrounded by woods which had helped keep unwanted families off of it by also being hidden. To get into the beach there was a small road that looked like it was heading into the back water parts of Black Fall instead of the best piece of beach out there. The beach was surrounded by a ten-foot tall wall that was made out of fine brick, on top of the wall was a barbed wire fence to completely remove the "climb the fence" option. The wall gave the Valos family privacy. The entrance to the beach itself was a small chain-link gate, which was fairly narrow for the sole reason that nobody would drive on to it. Next to the gate (on the outside) was a guard building known as the guard post which electronically controls the locks of the gate. There was a small parking lot outside of the gate. Usually the place has guards, which Jake and Johnny have dismissed so that Jake can have the freedom he needs. So the gate will be left unlocked for the duration of the party. Of course all this security would mean nothing if someone was to swim up on the beach.

The beach was big, not as large as the several beaches on the carnival were but a 1/4 of their side (even that 1/4 is a large beach). The beach had several large rocks near the water, which were place there by the family when they purchased it and are big enough for several people to stand on them. Of course there was quite a walk to the water, and the climb to it was steep as well. On the same level as the walls and gate was a large board walk that was high above the beach, and had stairs the lead to the beach. Under the boardwalk were large and incredibly sturdy supports the boardwalk. On the boardwalk was a small house, made for when the Valos feel like spending a large amount of time at the beach, or when they have guests over. This Beach House was two floors, and looked very fancy with it's paint job. There were plenty of windows looking outwards at the ocean front--- speaking of which every window and door--- basically the entire house was heavily reinforce to halt any break ins. No drunken teenager would be able to get inside unless they were a master thief. Which seemed unlikely one of those people would even be Jake's friend.

Inside the house it was incredibly lavish. The first floor was one large room known as the community room, which most of the VIP guests were going to be. On the left side of the room was a bar, with plenty of alcohol stored for guests of the Valos family--- in this case the VIPs were those guests. In the middle of the room were several wooden tables and chairs to sit on. On the opposite side of the bar were several sofas faced towards an enormous flat-screen TV which had some gaming consoles under. On the same side of the building there were some stairs that lead up into the second floor. Which wasn't very notable other than the two bed rooms (one with a King sized bed, and two smaller beds in the other) and a bathroom.

Only people who have a Golden Letter can get inside. ((Which your can totally have, without anything prior)) There wasn't too much else to note about the rest of the beach other than the boardwalk surrounding the house was littered with cheap plastic tables and chairs. The beach itself didn't have anything on it other than plenty chairs facing the ocean as Jake suspected the boardwalk would get crowded fast. As Jake said there will be an fireworks show, nothing fancy (or professional). There were at least 300 different kinds of fireworks, all hidden inside of Johnny's Hummer, Drake's Minivan and Jake's Mercedes.

The party had just begun, people were entering through the gates by the boatload bringing all sorts of items with them (mostly alcohol). Inside of the house hosted the people who had prepared the party. Jake was wearing a slightly different attire from when he was at the carnival a black suit and black overcoat. As suggested by Black he is wearing sunglasses, one of Johnny's star shaped sunglasses which looked ridiculous on him. Jake was standing behind the bar. Not doing anything spectacular, he was just seeing if the refrigerator behind the bar worked, it did. So he quickly loaded it with drinks for his guests.

Sylvia and Lin were on the sofas by the TV, Sylvia was showing Lin what she could do with her guitar. With a bit of help from her sound manipulation the entire room was filled with the sound of her playing the guitar in a bad @ss fashion. "You're so talent with a guitar." Lin complimented Sylvia, which inflated the latter's ego.

"You see, Lin. I've been playing this guitar for two years just to get here. Two more and those talent agents are going to be swarming me and I'll have more money than the Valos, heh." Sylvia replies in a sarcastic tone. Prompting both to laugh.

Drake and Johnny were on one of the tables that Johnny had set up to play poker, playing poker. Due to use of Johnny's ability he was easily able to cheat at the game and beat Drake. Of course this wasn't a high stakes match and it was Johnny's intention to cheat the other VIPs out of their money once they arrive by losing a few games on small bets, then placing ludicrously high bets and cheating his way to his prize. Drake had lost three times in a row, though it was his intention to figure out which power Johnny had, he was especially interested in super powers after discovering his own and 'practicing' shape-shifting with Megan. Of course he was wearing black jeans, and a fancy leather jacket making him look like a biker. He also was wearing his tinted goggles on his head and his leather gloves.

Megan was away from everyone else. Waiting. Watching them. She wanted either Johnny and Jake to slip up and reveal their powers so she can probe them on it.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:24 am

In, out, easy.

Not much of a challenge. Nick simply walked through the gate, which had been left unlocked. As he entered the house, he fingered the golden letter in his pocket. He didn't know anyone here, so keeping the letter with him was the best action to be taken.

But where was Vito? The guy had to have been here. He just had that kind of aura of a person who knew about things...

And didn't he say something about a girl, a friend of his? Another mutant like him? If Vito wasn't here, he could perhaps find her if she was. "No... That wouldn't work..." He muttered. He didn't know what the girl looked like. What was her name? Lash?

He couldn't remember.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:19 am

Drake

When Nick stepped through the front doors of the beach house everyone immediately dropped what they were doing and curiously looked at him. For a few seconds (which felt like minutes) they stared examining Nick head to toe, before losing interest and continuing what they were doing. Except for Drake and Jake (who smiled and let out a "Hey." Unaware of whoever just came in because the sunglasses are hard to see in). Drake did have a bit of a duty to tend to, he put down his cards (getting a narrow stare from Johnny), "One sec, Johnnyboy. Gotta tend to this real quick, whooo." He got up from the table and turned to Nick before walking over to him with a smile on his face.

In the mean time Johnny used his Casino Manipulation to change around a few cards in his favor.

Drake walked over to Nick and shrugged, "Hey there, you look ready for the big leagues, ha! You got a golden letter on ya buddy?"
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:27 am

"Uh... Yeah, I do." Nick said, pulling his golden letter out and showing it to this... Person? He was slightly uncomfortable. People were watching him. As a thief, that wasn't a good feeling.

And what did he mean by big leagues?

'No matter...' He thought. 'I'm here to get food, maybe swipe that Xbox, and get out...' he finished, before looking around at the amount of people. It would be neigh impossible to get the game system with this many here. If there was a diversion, maybe, but right now? No chance.

"Sorry for saying, but I'm horrible with names..." A lie. "But a friend of Jake's is a friend of mine." Also a lie. "So could you remind me of your name? I don't think I've met you before." He hadn't. In fact, he only knew Jake because he read who was hosting the party on the letter.

He flashed his best embarrassed smile. He had to add to the question. He had found it helps make the story more believable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:02 am

Drake

Drake saw that he had a golden letter which was the go-ahead for Nick to enter the house. He didn't even check to see if it was the real deal (it may be unlikely but it could have been painted gold) it didn't matter. Unless this guy was a master assassin here to kill everyone in the room then there'd be no problem that he could pose that he nor anyone in the room couldn't handle."Seems legit, bud." He blankly stated as he stared at letter, before lifting up his head at Nick, "Yeah. I'm the big bad bouncer here. Drake Blackmore. Friend of many like our host" Then he laughed loudly. Being the guy that lets people in here he thought of pointing in the directions of the various notable sights. He turned towards the tables with several boxes of pizza, and pointed at them, "There's food over there." Then he pointed at the TV, "There's some games over there you can play... just don't mess with the girls. They're with the Valos boys and Johnnyboy might shove a cane up your @ss." He laughed again.

Vito

Vito had recently arrived at the party. He was wearing something simple; his black soccer jersey and black jeans. Without his hat. Since his vest was getting cleaned he didn't exactly have a good place to conceal his whip (he left his cat whip behind and grabbed his bull-whip instead) so he had stuffed it in his pocket. It poked out of his pocket weirdly. He wasn't too sure about this party. He hears stories about the stuff that go on in parties like this that are rather morally reprehensible. But, he was going to find out what happens here. He walked through the front doors of the beach house. However he was behind a boy he didn't recognize so far, and talking to the boy was Drake. One of the people that he didn't exactly agree with on certain things.

He flashed Drake his golden letter silently before receiving a nod from him that indicated 'go ahead'. Then Vito walked by with a look of apathy on his face towards the sofa and sat on the far end side from Sylvia and Lin.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:43 am

Carole arrived at the party fashionably late, accompanied by her half-sister; Alicea. Alicea stretched her model-length super long legs from out of the open door of her cherry red Shelby and stood up, stretching her long arms widely as she did so. She was a pretty girl, though barely resembled her sister with the exception of her flowing brown hair and hazel eyes, which match Carole's. Unlike Carole's dark Latina skin, however, Alicea was obviously white, and had very European features. On this particular day, she wore a short red cocktail dress that matched her bright red heels and lipstick. Carole wore similar clothing, except her dress was a shimmering silver, as were her nails and heels, however her lips were a natural caramel color. Carole grabbed her silver purse and carried it in the crook of her elbow. Alicea rolled her eyes and opened up a bottle of water, which she sipped at a moment. Damm she needed a drink.

They arrived in the beach house a few moments later. Carole walked across the dance floor and danced with a couple boys to a Shakira song while Alicea hit the bar.

"Corona Light, please?" she asked the bartender (Jake).

However, another woman sat at the bar, next to Alicea. She too drank a beer, though her's was a Yuengling which she sipped at from a tall glass. She was a short woman, and was dwarfed by the millionheiress next to her. Her hair was a boyish length and was black as night, which made her sickly-looking white skin bearable. She dressed extremely boyishly, choosing to wear a studded leather jacket under which was a torn-up tank top with holes in all the wrong places. Her high black boots were kicked up onto the bar counter, and she appeared to be drunk, even though she had barely dranken a drop. This was intentional, however, as Claire needed to look as harmless as possible for this particular operation. She wasn't at this party to have fun -no, he has a job to do. A very wealthy client had given her a job to get rid of some loser's girlfriend, and, with all the money she had been given by this client, she was going to make sure that this loser's bitch didn't leave the party alive.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:31 pm

===================

========

((Party music))

Drake

There were more people entering Jake's little Beach House. The next people that entered was people who Drake instantly recognized: The Elias sisters. He knew Jake would invite them so he didn't bother checking them for a golden letter. There was still Nickolas who he was standing in front of. "Oh yeah, bud. Just enjoy the party! I'll be over there if anyone gives you trouble, haaaa." He turned around and walked back over to the poker table to finish losing.

Jake

It wasn't unexpected that somebody would mistake him for a bar tender since he was just standing here. There were plenty of coolers full of all the alcohol that his VIPs needed. He lifted up those stupid sunglasses in a shy-like way stating slowly, "Uh, lady... I'm-" Before cutting himself off seeing the attractive woman known as Alicea. She was one of the people he gave a golden letter too, and it'd be a bit rude to basically tell her to go get it herself while he was standing here. He shrugged and reached into one of the coolers and grabbed the first Corona Light he saw and placed it on the bar table in front of Alicea with a smile on his face, "Here you go, miss. Anything else I can get you?"

Johnny was watching the whole thing and started laughing and teased Jake, "Hahaha, Jake. Didn't know you got yourself another ladyfriend!" Drake and Johnny started laughing. While Jake blushes slightly, "Ah, hahahaha. Real funny, Johnathon..." He says in a shy tone again. Before peering over at the pale-skinned woman that sat next to Alicea that looked like a biker. He has no clue who this woman is, but she got in here so that means she got her hands on a golden letter.

She looked drunk as hell, if she causes any problems no more than two of the teenagers in the room shouldn't have a problem handling her. Something she was doing was bugging him--- she rudely had her legs on the bar counter. Getting whatever she was walking on all over the place. He turned his body towards Claire and politely said, "Miss, can you take your feet off the counter?"

Johnny

Johnny too was a bit curious about the biker woman. She did look like the type who comes to these parties and steals the booze. Johnny likes his booze. He had some poker cards in his hand and was heavily considering going over and asking her if she has a golden letter--- actually their poker match could handle another interruption. "I forfeit." He nonchalantly says to Drake.

"Really, hah. You had me by the balls there."

"Yes. I need to cheat other mooks out of their money not my associates... heh"

"Riiiiight, I'm going to party!" Drake got up from off the table with his hands in the air and walked over to Megan.

Johnny grabbed his black cane with was leaned against the chair he was sitting on and stood straight up. He tilted the brim of his hat and smirked. If this girl didn't have a golden letter on her he was going to throw her @ss so hard outside that nobody could believe it. He scrolled over with a swagger in his step and tapped Claire on the shoulder and gave her a deadpan look, "Hey, chick. Do you got yourself a golden letter?" He leaned in closer, "Cause' I hate to give a girl like yourself a hard time but it's my job."

Vito

((Since you said anyone....))

Vito felt a bit confident right now. He saw one of those annoying rich girls walk over to the make-shift dance floor that Jake set up. He scrolled over with a smug look on his face and started to dance.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:08 am

Alicea and Claire

Alicea thanked the boy who she assumed to be the bartender and took a long, slow drink from the bottle of beer, forgetting the world entirely. Claire, meanwhile, scowled over at the boy with an electric stare, but, seeing that he was the host of the party, she obliged and put her black boots on the floor before taking another swig of her beer. Alicea looked up at Jake and giggled, though the beer hadn't yet intoxicated her.

"Aren't you a little young to be a bartender?" she asked him. Claire rolled her eyes and took a cigarette out of her pocket, along with a lighter.

"He's not a bartender you idiot." she said, lighting the cigarette "You mind if I have a smoke kid?" she said to Jake.

---

Carole

Carole was rather bummed out that the boy she was dancing with resembled a Reggae Leprechaun, but she wasn't going to chew this kid out. If he tried to grind her or any of that bullshit, it wouldn't end well for him, but for now it was fun and he was wearing the cutest hat.

"That's a nice hat!" she said to him, smiling a little bit "I'm Carole, by the way. Carole Elias".

Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:29 am

Vito

Don't F*ck this up, don't f*ck this up...

Vito thought to himself. For once in his life the prettier girls aren't blowing him off immediately. Which mean't that he had a chance with the girl and he wasn't going to screw it up. He kept dancing and kept that confident look on his face and responded, "Ya. I'm Victor. Err'body likes to call me Vito. Funny story behind dat nickname..." He cut himself off. Carole was going to get bored if he told some lame story of how some idiot teacher in kindergarten took the C and the R out of his name because he was lazy.

"Uh, nice dress." He returned the compliment

Jake and Johnny

Jake didn't know how to respond. It was a bit stupid on her end to even consider that he's a bar tender when he's like 16-ish. He smiled though. He was still a bit curious of who this biker girl is and so is his brother Johnny. "Heard the smoking's bad for you." He gestured towards Claire's cigarette. On Johnny's end; he was getting irritated since the biker-chick was ignoring him, but it wasn't much to start a big deal over. He just put his hand on her shoulder and smiled, "Hey... I don't like it when people try to ignore me. You see. When I ask questions like that and they ignore it that really implies that there's something up with you. And I don't mean that in the nice way." He spoke in a friendly manner--- which was obviously fake and sarcastic. There wasn't much to be friendly about with drunk girls that act like they can't hear, "So can you be a deary and let me see your letter?"

Jake peered his head over and calmly said, "Johnny."
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:41 am

Clair and Alicea

The force of Johnny's hand clapping on Claire shoulder knocked the cigarette out of her hand, and it clattered to the floor. The hand that wasn't holding the lighter clenched into a fist, but unclenched just as quickly. She went into her black leather purse which sat on the floor next to her and produced a golden letter from out of it, which she then flashed in Johnny's face.

"Now, if you excuse me," Claire said "I need another cigarette". She produced another cigarette from out of her jacket, lit it, and took a long, slow drought of the smoke, which she then blew in Johnny's direction.

At this point, Alicea sat down her beer and ran over to Johnny, hugging him tightly around the neck in a death grip.

"Johneeeeeeeeee!" she yelled cutely.

Carole

"Um...thanks?" Carole said, blushing a bit. She didn't want to give this guy the wrong impression -the only guy here she wanted to go out with was Jake, and she couldn't have him, so she'd remain single until that stupid assassin did her job.

Though, one second though, it would be fun to mees with this guy a bit, and maybe if he was good she'd give him a little more, though if he tried too much he could count himself dead.

"So," she said flirtatiously "What's a cute boy like you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Vito

Vito smiled. He couldn't get a good answer in time other than 'For people like you' (which will likely earn him a slap). He was quiet for a few seconds, which was not enough time for her to notice. While dancing he shrugged and looked around the room in a very subtle fashion. "Ya' know. I'm 'ere for fun, games and all dat." He spoke in a cool tone.

"Could ask ya' the same question. I ain't the type that shows up at these places too much." He peered over his shoulder at the scene with Jake, Johnny and those other two ladies, "Hey; what do ya' know 'bout Jake and Johnny?"

Jake and Johnny

Johnny examined the letter. It looked genuine and like the real thing. That didn't curb his suspicions about the woman. He could tell with the look in Jake's eyes that he had no clue who she was. For now he'll ease up, but he will keep his eye on her and she won't be going upstairs if he has anything to saw about it. He tilted his glasses and in a obviously suspicious tone, "Riiiiiiiiight... I'm going have to ask that you stay downstairs? 'Kay, chick?" That was the stupidity in these unmarked golden letters. Any mook off the street could grab one and get in.

"Ease up, Johnathon." Jake warned Johnny. In his eyes the woman wasn't doing any real harm so there was no point in hounding her.

"I will. Once we stop-" Johnny was expectantly cut off...

Johnny wasn't expecting Alicea to just hug him like that--- mostly because he expected a woman of her size and abilities to be far above showing acts of affection that say a pre-teen would be expected of showing. Johnny tried to break himself free with no success, before just completely giving up. Jake started laughing and make his own comment, "Look, nice to you that you got yourself a lady friend." Before laughing.

"Har, har, har..." Johnny sarcastically laughs, "Will you let me go? I have to speak with Drake."

Drake, Megan and...

Drake walked over to his girlfriend Megan holding a couple poker cards that he took from Johnny's deck. "Mr. Blackmore," Megan started off, "Have you made progress on our little Godly hunt?"

"Yeah." He displays the cards, "I've been grabbed a few--- I've been playing Poker with Johnny for the last hour, hah, he's been kicking my @ss at it."

Megan leaned forward and grabbed the cards and looked at them with burning intensity. "Um... hmmm... Dunno what he might be. An elementalist-class? I'm guessing cartomancery or ink-manipulation. Push him on it some more."

"Right."

"For the love of god don't upset him. We all know he's a bit of a w@nker, and won't tell you shite if you're obvious," She looked over at the group over by the bar, "I'd wait for the girl with the big fanny and that arse-faced girl to clear--- because who knows? You might be able to kill two birds with one stone with both Jake and Johnny revealing their Godly-status to you. I'll be here when you're ready!"

"Right."

"You say right aplenty don't you, Mr. Blackmore?"

"Yeah, I'm going to guard the door. People are getting in here without showing me their letters." He scrolled over to the other side of the beach house with his hands behind his head before leaning up against the wall next to the door. Megan on the other hand was close to the dance floor, she was blatantly staring at Vito and Carole dancing hoping to get Vito's attention. She knew exactly what to say to get him to spill his mutant-status. She could care less about the girl.

By the door a girl walked inside of the beach house and immediately got Drake's attention: Carmen Dionne. He shrugged and said, "Golden letter, please." She reached into her dress and showed him the letter, Drake smiled and said, "Thank you. Have a nice day." Carmen sat down on one of the tables.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)   The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Old/New Gods: IC (The Party Begins)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3