Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Trimmed

Go down 
+8
Maxx
JunkMail
Lieo
ultra
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Claire is the kinda person who just needs her ass kicked.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Johnny N' friends have the advantage since she's injured and probably near deaf.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:49 pm

I'm well aware that she's about to get fucked up. This is more to explain her personality.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:39 am

Okay, I just posted, and Leafnose knows Barky already, so she's helped Nicole identify his scent. Just a note, Barky knows all of my characters that were in the school before the incident. He'll probably turn up at some point.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:51 am

I posted from Johnny's perspective
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:07 am

Um, lone, I understand that autohitting is against the rules, and that Claire is willy-nilly throwing lightning bolts around inaccurately, but lightning moves at the speed of light. It's kinda hard to dodge.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:08 am

He's been hit by some of it. Just that his powers suppress pain and damage... and that you said that she's firing inaccurately.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:10 am

I've met a person who got struck by lightning and lived. He said he blacked out for about one second and then he woke up. He said after that he was perfectly fine. Of course, my science teacher said if you were literally struck by the actual bolt, you'd die, so people who survive being struck by lightning were actually just very close to where it actually hit.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:12 am

This is more like sticking your finger in a light socket, but the bolt Claire just shot off would be more like your science teacher's lightning bolt. This one may hurt.

Also, I'm working on a fourth character who will be French, as well as I believe our first character from a foreign country.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:15 am

The closest we have to that is Toby, so far, but that's only racial origin. He's Latin American, and sings opera, which is traditionally Italian.

Also, isn't sticking your finger in a light socket something involving a closed circuit loop? How does that work with Claire's attacks? I dunno, when I was little, my parents caught me trying to stick a metal fork in the light socket...that could have ended badly...
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:26 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
Also, I'm working on a fourth character who will be French, as well as I believe our first character from a foreign country.

TheOperator wrote:
Nationality: Green.

DRAGONFLY.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:28 am

Name: Taylor de L’eau
Nickname: Tay, Brandy by Claire
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 120lbs

Appearance:
Hair color: dirty blonde
eye color: green
nationality: French
appearance: Taylor is a very thin, weak-looking girl. Her skin is a moderate caucasian color; slightly pale, but not paper white. She has a very French-looking face, slim with soft features. Her face is just as thin as the rest of her body, and is framed in wavy blonde hair that is normally tied up in a french twist. Her eyes have a very soft look to them, and give off an aura of arrogance. She usually wears a pair of silver ring earrings.

attire: IC, but Taylor has a very rich style, like Carole. She also comes from a lot of money, and wears very fancy clothing most of the time. Her favorite color is silver. The only things that usually stay on her are her white beret and her LeVian chocolate diamond ring which has her family crest on it; a pitcher pouring water.

Personality: IC

History: I’ll do this later

Abilities:

Power class; Elemental

Power: Taylor is hydrokinetic; she has the power to control water. This power runs in her family, and has for five generations. Because of this, she has a lot of training with her powers at home, and was only sent to the school to protect her from the anti-mutant community (total backfire). She can blast spurts of water at enemies with enough strength to stun adversaries. However, she can also control water constructively. She has the ability to breathe underwater, as well as creating geyser shields made of running water which deflect bullets.

weaknesses: Salts. Salts are Taylor’s worst nightmare; they draw water to themselves, and keep Taylor from being able to use that water. Taylor cannot control saltwater or brackish water, nor can she control the water in anything (animals, plants, or humans). Also, Taylor’s water makes her pretty much a big lightningrod. She draws electricity to herself.

burst potential: Alpha, delta, zeta, zeta (two different zeta bursts)

Other: She’s Carole’s BFF, but isn’t nearly as dramatic

(Note that I cannot stand Lady gaga, but this song is perfect for a reason which will be revealed friday).

Wow, that is a short sheet. I must add the personality section later to make it not look as bad.

Last edited by Maxx Toron on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:50 am

You know, I actually have four other characters that I never posted. I just don't see the point, because I barely have enough time to control one.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Okay, Taylor just came out of the lake all Jesus-y and is now talking to Toby. Just so y'all know, her English is very broken, which is why half of what she says is in French. Her english will progress over the course of the RP. She's also kinda hard to understand because of her heavy accent.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Wanted to let you all know, I am going to be gone for most of today. So just continue on as if Dragonfly is following.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:25 pm

Maxx, Drake isn't in his lightning form anymore. When he crashed he reverted himself back to human form.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:59 pm

oops. My bad. Must've missed a post.

EDIT: Changed it. Sounds kinda stupid now, but it works.

EDIT2: Lone, can you post as Drake please?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:19 pm

I dont have much to post about as him.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Guys, please note I might be gone for a few days starting tomorrow or the day after. I don't know if I'll have access to wi-fi, so I'm just letting you know.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Moved Taylor away so I don't get IC locked when Vipes leaves.

Also, i decided to make another character who will have a dream-based ability.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:46 pm

Okay, good call, everyone should move their characters away, although I can confirm I am leaving day after tomorrow. I don't want to have anyone IC locked.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm fine with Drake staying with Nicole until you come back.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:48 pm

Okay, then. Should I introduce the mystery character? I have one day before I leave.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Up to you.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:58 pm

Well, I'll introduce her, then, I can hardly wait as it is.

Also, I have an idea for a character, but I need approval first. I had this idea for a mutant at the school who wound up overusing his powers, and survived the process of ashing. Of course, he would have a pretty creepy appearance, and would also wind up with Cotard delusion, which is a delusional belief that he is already dead. I think it would be an interesting way to cause character development, and introduce ashing into the story to the rest of the characters. I wanted to know your opinion on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Trimmed
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next