Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark

Go down 
+7
ViperaUnion
Dr. Taco.
DemDogg
The Stalker of Shadows
God-Mod
FlowerFox
Maxx
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:52 pm

You can't absorb plasma. it's a state of matter, like ice or water, just very unstable. This one if firing plasmatic silicon which burns at about 3,000 degrees F.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Silicon ions...meh...
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Maxx Toron wrote:
You can't absorb plasma. it's a state of matter, like ice or water, just very unstable. This one if firing plasmatic silicon which burns at about 3,000 degrees F.
There is armor that can absorb the impact and vibrations of a small chunk of metal moving faster than sound, armor and clothes that absorbs heat and insulates you in freezing cold environments, suits so tightly knitted and pressurized that you are able to live in the vacuum of space. While armor can't absorb states of matter, it can absorb the energy emitted from it and leave its wearer unharmed. If it's 3,000 degrees F, saying you absorbed all that energy (which is like seven hunred men pointing their pistols at one man's head), that would be pushing it. But I wouldn't count the whole idea of it out.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm not counting out armor. He said a weapon. My hunting rifle can't exactly defeat 700 pistols.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Then I am seriously missing a piece of valuable information, because "weapon" and "absorbing plasma" doesn't sound like they go together.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:52 pm

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. plasma can't be absorbed by a gun. That doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:05 am

The thing about guns is that they meant to fire projectiles (and sometimes energy) to harm another living being. But a big mistake is to completely discredit the idea simple because it doesn't "make sense". This is a part where working together in a roleplay takes place. You don't just say no, have fun with the members and help them come up with a semi-plausible, and perhaps even credible idea to make it work. If nobody can come up with anything, then it would be time to scrap an idea.

You can "absorb" plasma, but absorbing the energy it creates, and perhaps if you can absorb that faster than the energy can reproduce, the state of matter becomes smaller and perhaps virtually non-existent. Like absorbing the energy produced by a fire, or heated molecule. But what can't be done, to the extent of my knowledge, is to absorb energy from a distance. Solar panels can do that, but they only passively collect energy made from solar rays. So while our friend here can't exactly use a gun to absorb plasma, what they could probably do is have a gun with powerful solar panels that collects the solar energy, keeps it contained in a chamber with a magnifier or something, some laser type deal. So when the trigger is pulled, perhaps it could project a highly concentrated beam of energy that was harvested from the sun's solar rays.

While this may or may not be possible in reality, it can be explained thoroughly enough to the point that suspension of disbelief can reliably take over.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:34 am

Evil whispers fill my ears, they tell me of your greatest fears.
when I ask how to make them real, they say give say give Stephen a Happymeal.
Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 Aiw_cheshire_cat(don't get mad, Emma read what I wrote and told me to post this picture with it, young grasshopper)
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:23 am

I have one response

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 9k=

So I'll try to post sometime tomorrow. Sorry, I have a stomach bug of some sort and it's not being nice.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:00 am

I have a really bad headache. Whenever I look up it hurts, and if I look at a bright light it hurts too. I'll get a post in if the brightness on my phone doesn't kill me.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Mehahah...the Chesire Cat...yikes, that guy gives me the creeps...
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:53 am

Um, Maxx, you kinda need to post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:31 am

I'll get there.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Okay. Today's my posting day. I am going to post in every rp I'm in, including this one, by the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:10 pm

working on a post now.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 3:15 am

Ick. The forum got too uncongested.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 3:27 am

I'm waiting for Maxx to post, I've got a fairly complicated series of counter measures for what he's about to do and a new escapology technique I'm wanting to try out. It may get used in the book later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:17 am

Maxx always says he'll get something done. Then he doesn't until I say something like this. I'd post to keep this moving, but I already did.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 4:57 pm

I posted.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Now God-mod needs to post so that this drone can hack into the plans.

…Wait a second… dammit.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Now I'm kind of glad Aldara doesn't use her technology. She doesn't have any armor or weapons that machines and computers can hack into.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:39 pm

*Makes three paragraph post several days prior to Maxx's recent post*

*nobody notices*

Screw it.

Last edited by TheⓍperator on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Sal has a plan.
Aldara has a plan.
Exo has a plan.
Τρελός… had a 'plan'.
So who's are we following?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Exo's apparently.

To be honest, I'll probably write Sal off this RP as soon as the fight's over. It's not fun when GM is the only one anyone's focused on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Yes, everyone except Aldara has a plan. She's not a leader, she's a follower who helps find information. Now I am grateful she is low-tech, with the viruses infecting equipment all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next