Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark

Go down 
+7
ViperaUnion
Dr. Taco.
DemDogg
The Stalker of Shadows
God-Mod
FlowerFox
Maxx
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:54 pm

The truth? I don't. In fiction? He quit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:16 am

Someone needs to post.
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:26 am

Maybe I might.

Hmm… where are the other two?
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:59 am

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO???????
Back to top Go down
DemDogg
Life Giver
DemDogg

Location : The question is, where AREN'T I? Well, really it isn't but anyway…

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:46 am

I'll post. For some reason us three are the only ones here.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Well, Liam went off to camp and Flowerfox just isn't very active.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm actually more active than you think, but I'm a very hesitant poster. I don't know why, probably something to do with a fear of posting like a noob. Razz  I'm making a post right now. Btw, it is safe to assume that we all know each others name, right?
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Posted. By the way, today's my birthday! Not sure how many people care though. >.>
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:43 pm

So, turning 95 today huh?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:02 pm

I just read the OOC, and was wondering if there was still time for me to make a character for this.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Yes, you can make a character until the elevator comes, which shouldn't be for a while since elevators are slow and it has to travel a mile.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Oh...wow...
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Yeah, and by the time they get down to the bottom floor, Myre's probably going to have strangled Exo for firing weapons inside the elevator to make it go faster. (Ie, break the suspension cables)
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:13 pm

God-mod wrote:
So, turning 95 today huh?

Haha! I was waiting for someone to say that. No, I'm not that old. I don't like to give out my real age, but the forum won't let you put out your birthday date without a year. Razz
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:16 pm

And my character (Which is going to be a sort of humanoid bird woman) would probably be freaked out because she's trapped in a confined space, although people shooting weapons in a confined space would personally give me a panic attack.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:19 pm

SHe's not in the elevator yet.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 pm

You'll be waiting for it to come back up with the Fedora wearing fox, the superfluous B52 sized crustacean, the MPD shape shifting but otherwise rational insane person, and the mind reading chicken with PTSD. You'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 pm

True, but I'm saying I'm making a bird person who's based off of seabirds, and if I was trapped in an elevator like that, I would personally have a panic attack.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Well, then this should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:30 pm

I mean I don't like elevators. I can get in them, but I hate the feeling that the floor is dropping from beneath my feet.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:08 pm

I always thought it was kind of fun. But to each their own.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Looks like our Hexen and Lyra dialouge has pushed the IC to the second page. It has also made me realize an aspect of Lyra that I've never thought of before. Deep down, she probably is really lonely. Though she probably couldn't admit that to anyone, not even herself. And she does care for others' safety. She doesn't want anyone to get hurt. And during a fight, she wouldn't abandon her allies. She'd just come back with reinforcements or something.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:50 pm

That's more or less the point of having a character who can basically read minds. It forces character development.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Okay, I have my character. Please note that I tried my best with personality, but I can't ever really nail extremely cold and calculating like I would prefer.

Name: Aldara (Pronounced All-dar-ah)

Species Name: Avilonian brenthos (Subspecies of Race)

Appearance:  Aldara, like many other Avilonians, is characterized by a form that strongly resembles a human’s. Because of her specific subspecies living in a coastal environment, Aldara resembles various waterfowl and seabirds. Standing at a height of 5’7”, her figure is extremely delicate and feminine in appearance, having an hourglass shape. Although muscle tone and scars are both present, nothing is visible, as Aldara’s entire body is covered in pure white feathers like a swan’s, which smooth out her shape so that it is more aerodynamic. Her legs are humanoid in shape, but the feet are elongated, and are shaped differently, with toes that are long and flexible like fingers. There are three toes in the front, the center being the longest, and one on each side. One toe on the supposed ‘heel’ of her foot is also present. Because of their shape, when the toes on each foot are closed together, they form an almost inescapable vice-grip. Her feet are featherless, and become covered in small black scales just past the ankle. Each toe is tipped with large, sharp talons. Like her feet, Aldara’s arms change from feathers to black scales, just past the wrist. The hands are shaped exactly like a human’s, save for the scales and sharp talons. Aldara has long white tail feathers that start at her waist and fall almost to the ground, and resemble the drapery of a dress, although two of these feathers, which are located at the edge of her tail, and cross when she is not flying, are long enough to trail behind her, much in the fashion of a streamer tail hummingbird. Aldara boasts a pair of extremely large wings that come from her back, the wingspan being roughly twice her body length. These wings, like the rest of her body, are pure white, although the very tips of the primary feathers are black, like most seagulls. These wings are typically folded when not flying in a fashion that suggests a sort of cape, covering the shoulders and strengthening Aldara’s bird-like appearance. These wings are often shaped similar to those of an albatross, with a pointed tip, but are unique in that in flight they can change shape slightly to resemble an eagle’s or hummingbird’s, allowing different forms of flight. Aldara has a long neck, although it is not awkward, or like a swan or goose in appearance. Her feathers cover her neck, and become longer and frill forward at the beginning of her face, the longest ones forming a fringe that resembles hair, and making an asymmetrical bob of sorts, being longer on the right side than the left. The feathers on Aldara’s face are primarily black and small, like down, and strengthen a human-like form. Instead of a nose or mouth, however, she boasts a beak that appears to be a combination of those designed for pursuit or aerial fishing, with a slightly hooked tip, and having nostrils located near the base of the beak, much like a raptorial bird. Aldara’s talons and beak are all shiny and black in appearance. A fleshy black mask of skin coming from the base of the beak forms around Aldara’s eyes, somewhat like a masked lapwing’s in shape, although a dewlap and wattle is not present, and only Aldara’s eyes are covered. As a result of this, she appears to be wearing a mask, just like the bird her face seems to resemble. Aldara’s eyes are falcon-like in appearance, having a piercing quality, with black rims that make them stand out. The irises of these eyes are a pale yellow-green, possessing tapetum lucidums that make them reflect green when lights flash into them, indicating night vision, and a clear eyelid. Because her facial disk is shaped somewhat like a human’s, Aldara’s ears are much like an owl’s regarding function. Aldara’s white plumage is vaguely iridescent, casting different colors depending on light. Aldara weighs exactly 75 pounds.

Personality: Aldara often specializes in various subjects that would be considered ‘weird’ or ‘awkward’ by normal people, so much that calling her strange might actually be taken as a compliment. Regardless of what others think, however, she focuses on areas such as endocrinology and psychology, with several other subjects tossed in between. Often concerning herself with catching culprits responsible for crimes, rather than figuring out how they carried them out, she typically seeks to discover their motives, getting inside their mind. As a result, she typically focuses on questions that start with ‘why’ rather than ‘how’. Although more readily overlooking smaller details in an investigation, Aldara can often be balanced out by others noting what she missed. Despite seeking a main goal, Aldara simplifies her work by setting up minor goals, in order to prevent herself from feeling stressed or overwhelmed. By taking baby steps, she does not have higher expectations, and is easily satisfied with living conditions and sustenance. As a result, doing things such as field work, or being forced to sleep in poorly prepared locations is easier to accept. While having preferences for fancier things, she is often aware that she does not need them, which means she is readily pleased by what she already has. Capable of understanding multiple viewpoints, even those of unintelligent life, such as animals, Aldara can quickly understand her own mistakes and emotional needs, as well as that of other people. However, despite this, she does not take insults likely, and is easily offended when considered to be unintelligent by others. If this occurs, she undergoes extreme stress, and often is unable to focus. Often, actual violence has less effect on Aldara than insults and ill treatment does. Although polite and respectful to others, Aldara is inwardly extremely proud and competitive, but often sees these traits as personal faults, and does her best not to act upon them, although she may give into the urge to do so, depending on if other individuals sufficiently provoke her. Depending on the situation, this can be either a good or bad thing. Although better than others at functioning in a normal social setting, Aldara is a self-declared loner and introvert, and often becomes mentally and emotionally tired from encounters.

In a fight, Aldara battles enemies tooth and nail, often preferring to rely on her own abilities, rather than high-tech weaponry or armor. Generally calculating in bad situations, she is less likely to make risky moves, or wander into a trap. However, if cornered, Aldara can be absolutely vicious, as she will fight desperately to escape before she is killed or severely maimed.

Weapons/Abilities: Aldara as a fighter never relies on technology or weaponry in order to battle enemies. This is because her natural abilities are usually sufficient, and artificial things often interfere. Capable of altering the way her feathers form her wings, Aldara can attain different modes of flight, ranging from soaring like an eagle or darting back and forth like a tropicbird, to even hovering and flying backwards. Her top speed in horizontal flight is 116 miles per hour, but can be even faster in a stoop dive. Because of her speed and maneuverability in the air, it is extremely difficult to hit her with distance weapons or bullets, as she can often judge via trajectory where things will hit, and fly out of the way. Even fighting on the ground, Aldara can use her wings to make quick bursts of speed in order to dodge attacks. Possessing hollow bones that are extremely strong, Aldara’s skeleton is light but sturdy, allowing her to take blows without breaking bones or making hard landings. The power she possesses in her talons (both hands and feet) are enough to deliver punches and kicks with considerable force, and snare victims in a vice-grip that is both inescapable, and with sufficient strength to crush extremely hard objects. Aldara’s hearing is highly acute, allowing her to hear conversations from long distances, as well as locate things that others would not notice. Her eyes allow her to see things from far away, as well as in almost absolute darkness, making her capable of navigating dark places without the aid of a light. Her sense of smell, likewise, is shockingly strong, despite most Avilonians having poor senses of smell (Even worse than a human’s, in some cases). A clear second eyelid allows Aldara to blink without disrupting her vision, and protect her eyes in most situations. Because of a natural healing factor her subspecies has (Adaptation to risk of bacterial cuts on a beach), Aldara is less likely to catch viral illness, and bacterial infections are rare, if they ever occur. She is also less likely to bleed to death from deep wounds, as her body heals more quickly, and also replaces blood faster, the blood already present clotting more efficiently. However, if wounded, Aldara still takes time to heal, and if she loses primary feathers, can be rendered unable to fly. In a fight during which she cannot dodge attacks and is forced to stay on the ground, Aldara’s typical ground fighting technique seems to be quick, yet strong, often consisting of circling movements, and brutally beating foes into some form of submission. Often not able to take many blows (Because she doesn’t wear armor), Aldara often tries to escape at the earliest opportunity.

Other: Sodium Hydroxide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark    Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things Done in the Dark OOC: A Mind Games RP: Gone Dark
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next