Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Defenders OOC

Go down 
+9
Wolf
Dr. Taco.
Celo "The Moms"
God-Mod
JunkMail
Canis_dirus
True Night
Mr Allen J
Maxx
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

The Defenders OOC - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 1:56 am

So did I lol
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:13 am

Oh Wolf, I noticed that you have an X-ray attachment on your rifles scope. I would like to point out that only works at a short distance. It is not a limitation on the device, but the X-ray itself. You see all high frequency forms of electromagnetic radiation quickly dissipate due to atmospheric absorption.

Otherwise I would have X-ray or gamma vision.

Last edited by Veriska on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:16 am

If you want to see through things use thermal vision. That way you can detect heat signatures through objects.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:23 am

He already has that, so he's covered. As much as possible that is. Infrared is only effective through relatively thin substances, so only in certain circumstances would what Wolf was looking for work. Trust me I would like for it to, since my character is sniper-like. Thought I was going to have the only long gun before Randi arrived.
Back to top Go down
The Void
Newborn
The Void

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Considering the RP's already taking off, I guess I won't be joining in.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Dude, I already accepted you. You already posted a sheet. I thought you were already in. I'm always taking new members, too.
Back to top Go down
The Void
Newborn
The Void

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 2:44 pm

I don't see a way for me to get into the RP, though. So yeah. ;_;
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Spode... just have the Engineer wake up in the white room and stop being difficult. Wolf and Liam just joined too and they're getting along fine.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Example: You wake up in a white room on a table. Then you hear people talking in an adjacent room full of guns and investigate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
The Void
Newborn
The Void

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 2:56 pm

I hope the entrance wasn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:46 pm

it could have been better but meh it's what eves and about the scope thing what eves ill probly be useing it more for recon perposes unless i have a need to snipe someone maby i should put a silencer on it as well but i have a shot gun and claws for close range and grenades are always fun in enclosed spaces. i always did like the sniper shotgun combo
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:56 pm

I think I shall use an Electrolaser for one of my weapons in the next roleplay I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Lithium a modern plasma torch creates an electrical arc between itself and the target metal, which is also has to be grounded to. The arc is how it makes the plasma, and the plasma is in small amounts. Basically, it is making a small lightning bolt with alternating current or direct current instead of static electricity. It would not work at all as a flamethrower, although you would be able to cut through doors and other metal things.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:51 pm

canis_dirus wrote:
Lithium a modern plasma torch creates an electrical arc between itself and the target metal, which is also has to be grounded to. The arc is how it makes the plasma, and the plasma is in small amounts. Basically, it is making a small lightning bolt with alternating current or direct current instead of static electricity. It would not work at all as a flamethrower, although you would be able to cut through doors and other metal things.
If you want a plasma flamethrower, you can still have it. It just wont be nearly 29,990°C, besides you'd incinerate yourself at that temperature.

Last edited by Veriska on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Void
Newborn
The Void

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:13 am

Is there a weapon that, like, runs off of radiation? Like, converts said radiation into a deadly projectile? Because The Engineer generates quite a bit of radiation in a quite small radius.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:52 am

No. Radiation is tiny subatomic particles escaping from atoms undergoing some degree of fission. You can't make a projectile out of it. You can however siphon it into something as is explained somewhat in the scientific explanation of slender man in the second post on page 3 of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:56 am

Quote :
Lithium a modern plasma torch creates an electrical arc between itself and the target metal, which is also has to be grounded to. The arc is how it makes the plasma, and the plasma is in small amounts. Basically, it is making a small lightning bolt with alternating current or direct current instead of static electricity. It would not work at all as a flamethrower, although you would be able to cut through doors and other metal things
That is not how a plasma torch works, and my plasma torches temperature is only about 4,000 degrees hotter than normal, due to using Dicyanoacetylene instead of other gases.  

Ok so how a plasma torch works is there is an arc between two or more pieces of metal and then gas is shot through the arc, which super-heats the gas, thus producing a jet of plasma.

The Defenders OOC - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0I9aYs5kVLkIIPj9vxZ7GUc0d66JDSCIIxzSAStPYVAhpewve(and this is one that uses just compressed air)
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:59 am

Man you guys are thinking quite scientifically about your weapons. And I'm over here like: lol I wonder how my character is gonna carry around a fuel for her chainsaw.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:08 am

Dragonbud! Finally someone I can relate to in all this scientific madness XD
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:18 am

@Spode:

As I'm reading through your character sheet to find what method would work best for the radiation clean up I realized that it would be much simpler and would serve your purposes a little bit better if you just ditched the whole 'summoning mechs' thing and went for something more along the lines of having the Architect (and this would be more suited with is his name as well) program a mass of nano bots to self assemble into the mechs completely skipping any radiation generating transportation techniques. You could have the nano bots normally form some advanced mode of transportation for the devise that projects the Architects image or something. You could even have the bots be self replicating when given access to the correct materials as well.

@Dragonbud:

Just have like a oversized (possibly armored) camel pack connected to the chainsaw full of fuel.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:29 am

I would suggest having a hydrogen fuel cell that recharges itself by separating hydrogen from air.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:31 am

Liam, she has a chain saw. Its would not be practical for her to carry around that large of a container and processing unit just for a melee weapon.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:39 am

Oooh, random statement! My grandad who used to be someone who studied in different sciences and stuff (now hes a pastor XD) he was able to find a way to make extra fuel out of trash by sending it deep into the earth with extra heat. There's something about sucking out the air and CO2 in his whole explanation thing, I just don't know the extreme details
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:48 am

@Celo: interesting, maybe you could ask your granddad to submit his idea to Popular science or Wired magazine.

@:consultant timelord: yeah you are probably right, but think how cool it would be if you could have a chainsaw that went 16x as fast as normal! (Ok to be reasonable probably less than 16x)
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 am

Um, one note with the radiation thingy; you cannot turn radiation into something else, but Jack uses the Hawking radiation emitted by his destabilizer as a weapon by surrounding it with dark energy. The dark energy basically keeps the radiation from escaping out and channels it into a quazi-bullet form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders OOC   The Defenders OOC - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Defenders OOC
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next