Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)

Go down 
+9
Shade Forgot His Password
The Real Shade
True Night
DemDogg
Celo "The Moms"
JunkMail
Maxx
ViperaUnion
Mr Allen J
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:46 am

And that, children, is how you break the 4th wall effectively.

You either create an insane character so nobody believes it.

Or you create Morgan Freeman/God.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Now, I feel as if we should start getting back on track with the mission to the mansion, we're getting too sidetracked. Since -this shouldn't come as a surprise- there's something essential to the main plot in there that we need to get.

Anyways, I'm writing up Sylvia's Sound Manipulation, for when she unlocks it. She's going to be much more versatile than she is now, and her dubstep bomb will be rendered rather impractical in most situations. I'm also replacing Gabe's unlockable ability of fire manipulation with control over flammable liquids and by products of fire. Because it's much more unique.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:25 pm

You know, everything is flammable when you throw it into an active volcano...

Anyways, I'd join if it weren't for being uncreative when it comes to superpowers.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:29 pm

Lieo wrote:

I don't really see your point here.

Lieo wrote:
Anyways, I'd join if it weren't for being uncreative when it comes to superpowers.

C'mon Lieo, join. I don't really care about powers being creative.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Mr Allen J wrote:
Lieo wrote:
I don't really see your point here.
Break reality and control EVERYTHING. Everything burns and liquifies at some point.

Mr Allen J wrote:
Lieo wrote:
C'mon Lieo, join. I don't really care about powers being creative.
Well you see, part of it is coming up with a power that I want, that isn't already in use. On top of that, the creation of a character.

I coouuld go all necromancer esque and "bring people back from the dead" in the sense of just animating their body to my will. Still thinking.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Lieo wrote:
Break reality and control EVERYTHING. Everything burns and liquifies at some point.

... Yenius!

But, I'm out of CENSORED moves to pull for the RP. So, sorry. :(

Lieo wrote:
Well you see, part of it is coming up with a power that I want, that isn't already in use. On top of that, the creation of a character.

I coouuld go all necromancer esque and "bring people back from the dead" in the sense of just animating their body to my will. Still thinking.

Hm... I would like some details on this necromancery power. Sounds cool but... The dead bodies are piling up already.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Well, I'd suppose it's just like typical animation of objects, like Mata's power. Except this would only work on biological material. I suppose you could, theoretically, try to animate a living, fully conscious person. However, the ability is easily overpowered by sheer natural instinct and drive and a strong mind. But the effect would be enough to keep someone from punching you. Sort of.

Basically someone throws a punch at you, just inches away from connecting with your face, so you try to gain control of their animation. Of course you can't really control them, the most you'd be able to do is stop their punch for a split second or move their swing off to the side. That is the most you could do in terms of animating a conscious person. They would regain their composure fairly quickly but that single moment would give you enough time to avoid that bow. The power is kind of passive in that it isn't aggressive, but isn't quite just defensive either.

This goes for live creatures as well, such as dogs and birds. Natural drive is just too strong. But he could control dead or incapacitated creatures, and to some degree, plant matter but to a lesser extent.

Last edited by Lieo on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Hm. Sounds good so far. I personally say go for it.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:18 pm

So hey, can I get a summary of the story so far?
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Also, the system trimmed the thread. Here's a link to that part of the thread:
https://roleplex.rpg-board.net/t124-the-othergrounds-superpower-ooc-always-open

Its possible to get the thread back, but right now its missing. An admin can create a new section to store these trimmed topics and you can send the old thread there where it will be available for viewing. We had this issue many times on our forum, so I can tell you its a simple fix.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:27 pm

What de fack? I mean, tits.

When I get back home I'll try to correct this. And anwser your question, Lieo.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:29 pm

The topic is back and viewable. I'll create a trimmed topic section immediately and move it there. Thanks for letting us know Lieo.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Nick, permit mods to moderate stuff in that section. I need to get the OP out of there...
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:36 pm

That SHOULD do it, although I am not sure. If it doesn't, I can toy around with it and attempt to fix the section (I'll get the OP to you before I do that). But, before I go and do that, does it work now?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Still can't do anything to the old thread... And I just tested a few of the hotlinks to sheets, some of them don't work...

CENSORED this CENSORED. I'm going to do something I saw on the RPG, and make a separate thread for character sheets and index 'em from there.

Once it's up, spam that thread with all of your character sheets. I'll try to find the ones that are lost.

EDIT: And here it is
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:10 pm

I still need the old thread unlocked...

And Nick, put your sheets in separate posts please. It makes it hella easier to index.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Done.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm going to age Johnny up by two years, for the reasons of... His backstory would make more sense if he was a bit older, to put a bigger gap between him Jake/Gabe/Sylvia, and to allow him to legally smoke... CIGARS.

And mostly because being 19 fits him a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:01 pm

I won't be able to submit the sheets until tomorrow around 8 a.m. ^_^'
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:48 pm

I seriously didn't know that the system trimmed threads...man...that stinks...
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Now, submit your sheets to the new thread. I don't think I need to add the OP here, only the character list. Sooooo... I'm going to make a nice little list of characters on the first page and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Consider the character sheet thread spammed with my sheets.

Anyway, Op, can you please send in Nobody to wake up Frillerfang?
Back to top Go down
Shade Forgot His Password
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:20 pm

I'll dig up my character sheets and submit them mofos when I get the chance.

Also, Lone, is it cool for Luce to butt in on the scene Johnny is having right now?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:21 pm

Um, I'm almost a post with my characters reacting to Luce in the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:25 pm

And just edited that post in with my last one. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)   The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Superpower OOC (Always Open)
Page 5 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next