Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC

Go down 
+6
ViperaUnion
JunkMail
Celo "The Moms"
Dragonbud
Maxx
Tyrantlizardking
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Are you familiar with Exoskeleton?
Yes
Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No
Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Hinga Dinga Durgen
Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:22 am

I'm making someone who had the misfortune of having to scavenge twice, but I didn't know there was a first RP. Is it still okay? Because that would mean editing out a huge portion of my character's personality and bio.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:29 am

I'll flesh him out more in the RP itself. The sheet acts like the skeleton, I add the muscle and the skin and all the other skeletony parts IC. On a side not, I changed the lizard completely from the last RP. It was originally based on this, but I didnt like that anymore, so I've decided to change it to a more agile creature. This version walks on two or four legs (like hadrosaurs) and is based more on monitor lizards than anything else.
Hope that doesnt matter too much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:39 am

Vipera: Yes, you can have a character that is chosen twice. Besides, we are pretty much starting over the old RP, so you don't have to change anything about your character that you've already planned.

Operator: No, it doesn't matter. I just didn't remember your reference. I'll add your character to the list.

Once Vipera is finished (Or Dragonbud) I will make an IC.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:40 am

Working on character 2 now.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:41 am

Okay finally updated my old character

Name: Winnie Peterson
Sex: Female
Bio: Winnie has lived her whole life in fear of the mutations. The arthropod takeover had started long before she was born and thus she doesn't know a world outside survival. While this might seem unfortunate, being born into it has advantages. At a young age she was told and taught of the dangers outside and in turn has become very informed about the different mutations. However Winnie's life took a dramatic turn for the worse when her mother fell deathly ill. Since she was living in one of the worst and least populated towns there wasn't much medical supplies to spare. Her father decided to head outside to find some in hopes of curing his wife. But before he left he gave Winnie a slingshot and the promise that he would return soon, only to never be heard from again. During his leave Winnie's mother's condition got worse until there was absolutely nothing to be done. This left Winnie orphaned at the age of eight.

During the next five years of her life Winnie became very introverted and violent. She refused assistance from anyone no matter what. She would take what she wanted and hoarded any supplies she could get her hands on. During these years she also trained herself how to use the slingshot in case a day came where she had to defend herself. Winnie treasured this slingshot. When she was chosen to go search for supplies above ground she wasn't too thrilled, but she was excited even if her scowling face didn't show it. Winnie still believes her father is alive somewhere on the surface, looking for medicine.

Personality: Winnie acts much like a wild animal would, often growling at people as if she forgot how to speak. She is also a loner, even though she often needs help with things. Winnie is very stubborn, refusing medical attention or food no matter how much pain or how hungry she is. She really tries to be a nice kid, but she often can't remember how. Her niceness is buried under years of being secluded and neglected, but it only takes one forgiving person to dig it up.

Appearance: Winnie is very young and feral in appearance. Her obvious indicator of her age is her height, standing barely give feet tall, and her under undernourished body from lack of food. Her honey brown hair is unkept and has been poorly cut by herself. Some parts are longer and messier then others. She refuses to brush it and the most she will do with it is pull it back into a messy ponytail with a small length of twine. Her dull green eyes always seem to be glaring. Her skin is slightly tanned, and burned in some places from the sun and she has small amounts of muscle on her arms and legs.

Her choice of clothing is even more messy and simple. It is simply an old, while, canvas shirt and a pair of tan, knee length, shorts. Both articles of clothing are horribly filthy, almost always covered in a dusting of sand. On her feet she wears an old pair of beaten up sneakers, that are almost too large for her, and a pair of mismatched socks, both having lost their pairs long ago.

Skills: Winnie has rather good aim and a steady hand as well as being run very fast, maybe because of her size. She is also pretty good at sneaking around. Winnie fights best with the old slingshot she got from her father when she was young. She is skilled enough to be able to fling projectiles from small stones to short knives.
Weaknesses: She has little to no stamina as well as nonexistent people skills and poor survival skills.
Other: ew spiders Winnie, since she hasn't been raised very properly, has little to no manners and won't hesitate to steal food when she is hungry, she is more likely to threaten you for a meal then ask for something to spare. Winnie has little supplies on her. Since she town doubted she would survive they didn't want anything wasted. She carried a small, leather, bag with a small amount of water and dried meats in it as well as a small blanket.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:43 am

Bring in the IC
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:43 am

Dalek Maxx wrote:
Working on character 2 now.

Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 Alrightythen

Edit: Dragonbud accepted.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:50 am

Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:23 am

I might join this, but I need more information before I start on a sheet. Sent you a PM Tyrant.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:29 am

Hey, just a question, is the desert a bunch of sand, or is it a bunch of rocky crags and canyons?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:32 am

Imagine post apocalyptic wasteland vipes.
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:40 am

This ^

My character is up, as well as the IC. Would you like me to start?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:41 am

Thought it already started.
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:42 am

Dalek Maxx wrote:
Thought it already started.

I meant make the first post.

EDIT: Which I did.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 4:45 am

Okay, here's my character. Please note she prefers being called Mouse, not Doris.

Name: Doris ‘Mouse’ Moore
Sex: Female

Bio: Doris was born an only child in Rattown, where it was quickly noticed that she was unusual compared to other people. Extremely quiet and shy, she easily faded into the background of everywhere she went, and seldom focused on efforts such as making friends or allies. Instead, every moment was spent doing intense research on every scrap of reading that she could find, and her clever, yet reclusive nature earned her the nickname ‘Mouse’, which she was not offended by, and in fact grew to like. Eventually, she came to introduce herself as Mouse to everyone she met who asked for her name, seldom using her real one. Because of her cautious nature, much of her research focused on studying old biology books that taught about insects and arachnids, and though she has already accepted that some of the information she found is not useful, some of it may have come to save her life, later. At the age of fourteen, she was chosen in a raffle, and nobody took her place. She returned, somewhat disfigured by scars, and retaining her quiet personality, but also having developed an extreme hatred for anyone that doesn’t consider what she might have seen out in the desert while trying to collect supplies, and those who aren’t serious about how dangerous the job is. Two years later, Mouse had the terrible and extremely unlikely misfortune of getting called a second time in the raffle, and again not having anyone to help her, but this time, she isn’t planning on cowering in fear and surrendering herself to the inhabitants of the desert. This time, she plans on surviving.

Personality: Her entire life, Mouse has always been extremely quiet, and never really speaks unless spoken to. In addition, she generally gives off an aura that gives others the impression that she is reluctant to speak, and therefore, few people approach her, or feel comfortable trying to talk to her. This unsettling aspect, along with her choice of dress, may have an adverse effect for those who are curious, however, as some may find her fantastically interesting, which may lead Mouse to the conclusion that those who ask her questions are naïve and not meant for scavenging in the desert. Clever, generally calm, and being unaffected by such horrible sights such as predators hunting prey, she is not squeamish about scavenging her own food from fresh carcasses left out in the sun, but seems to have an intense fear of the blood and bodily fluids of other human beings. Although she has been wounded and hurt in the past, she seems to have a more intense fear of contracting illness, and also dislikes any human touching her on any part of her body, even her hands, regardless if it is bare skin or through clothing. Whenever injured, she treats her own wounds, and behaves in a threatening manner towards anyone who gets close, much like an animal would, and due to most responses this behavior elicits, she prefers to flee to some dark, hidden place to recover. Reclusive, yet patient, she prefers to avoid the presence of others in most situations, due to the possibility of them endangering her own safety, but at the same time, has a tendency to quickly grow to like most people, as she often sees the best in them, even if she doesn’t want to. She tries to avoid first encounters, as she fears that she may feel compelled to assist someone if she grows attached. Worst of all about this aspect of herself, is that she always seems to like the people that are the most likely to get themselves killed (the naïve ones that ask questions, and the first-timers), and feels like she has to stay near them to keep them safe. Although she’s considerably skilled with her dagger, a long, double-edged Damascus blade that tapers into a wickedly sharp point, she doesn’t enjoy having to fight, and prefers to take precautions so as to go unnoticed by the dangerous beasts that roam the desert.

Appearance: Due to the disfiguring scarring of her body that resulted from her near-death encounters in her previous visit to the surface, as well as the fact that humans don’t blend well with the surrounding environment, Mouse wears clothing that covers as much of her body as possible, both for the sake of hiding her past injuries, and keeping her safe from the compound eyes of certain mutant predators. Her clothing largely seems to resemble that of someone residing in the Sahara Desert, she wears a tan-brown-colored tagelmust that winds around her head and covers most of her features, including the lower half of her face, leaving only her eyes and the surrounding skin visible. The garment covers her neck, and a taper like a scarf that would have trailed down her front is hacked off and sewn, to prevent it from fluttering in the wind, or unraveling. She wears a comfortable shirt with long sleeves that is only slightly paler than the cloth worn over her head, and near identical in color. The sleeves, which drape down, cover her wrists and the lower part of her hands. On her hands Mouse wears well-fitting fingerless tan leather gloves that end just past her wrists, leaving only her fingers and thumbs visible. Due to the risk of restricting movement, Mouse wears pants that closely match the overall tan-brown color of her garments, although the nature of the design may fool one into thinking she is wearing a skirt. She wears tan leather moccasins with no ornamentation whatsoever that cover the ankles, and allow her to mold her feet more easily to whatever kind of terrain she is moving on. She wears a tan leather satchel so that the strap goes across her chest and the containment part itself rests snugly on her right hip. The satchel is mostly unornamented, but well made, and has a square shape, with a large pocket on the front that folds over and buttons. Inside the satchel Mouse carries her canteen, and a metal tin wrapped in a fabric pouch meant to muffle sounds produced by the metal.

In regards to physical features not related to clothing, most of Mouse’s features are seldom seen, save for her fingers, thumbs, and the area that her tagelmust does not cover, which is her eyes, and a small portion of the upper part of her nose. What people can tell is that she has a thin, hourglass-shaped body, and that she appears to have an oblong-oval-shaped face, and a skin tone that is surprisingly fair, suggesting that she may also wear her clothing to avoid extreme exposure to harsh sunlight, as she may burn easily. Her eyes are roundish-almond shapes, with long, dark eyelashes, and irises that are such a deep shade of brown that they are almost black. Her eyebrows, relatively thick and properly shaped, look shaggy due to the long length of the individual hairs, and give the impression that Mouse’s hair is a dark brunette color. A few pale, slash-like scars are visible, one that seems to stretch across her entire face, beginning perhaps around her left cheek or chin, and then going up over her nose and out of sight above her right eye. She also has a slash coming directly to the side that tapers off next to the right side of her nose, and a mark that runs down from her forehead to end just above her brow ridge on the left side. Her finger and thumbnails are extremely short, having been picked almost down to the quick, but leaving just enough of a ragged edge where they could probably be used to claw something. They are nowhere near long enough to interfere with work, however. Although a few dark, wavy brown strands are visible on occasion, her actual hair length is mostly impossible to determine.

Mouse speaks with a lower-pitch soprano voice with a notable rasp to it, and though her typical speech is deeper than what most speak with, her pitch can sometimes change to a much higher one if she is stressing a point or adding variation, making her voice very distinguished compared to other girls.

Other: Ew Spiders
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:08 am

Very nice, Very nice. Accepted.

IC is up, you may post guys.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:29 pm

Hey DB what town is your char from?
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Okay, posted, Mouse is headed west, if anyone wants to run into her.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Ham, do you want me to add some to the creatures list? I more-or-less remember most of the creatures we had.
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Dalek Maxx wrote:
Ham, do you want me to add some to the creatures list? I more-or-less remember most of the creatures we had.

Sure, why not?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:04 pm

kk. Time to use my...

MOD POWERS!!!!!!!! *batman theme*
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Celo The Impossible wrote:
Hey DB what town is your char from?

I just realized I hadn't specified that. Whoops. Hope :3
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Dalek Maxx wrote:
kk. Time to use my...

MOD POWERS!!!!!!!! *batman theme*

Beat you too it. All the insects (save for the Hellgrammite [Because there's not much water in a desert]) have been added to the OP.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:15 pm

You forgot roaches and pillbugs.

Hey can I add an idea I had for horseflies? I'm thinking solitary scavengers that spit acid at attackers.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Nope, Roaches and Pillbugs are there.

As Hamsandwhich.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next