Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC

Go down 
+6
ViperaUnion
JunkMail
Celo "The Moms"
Dragonbud
Maxx
Tyrantlizardking
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Are you familiar with Exoskeleton?
Yes
Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 I_vote_lcap60%Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No
Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Hinga Dinga Durgen
Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:33 pm

I put them there!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:44 pm

I personally think if there's any abundant source of water you could make it a super-dangerous swamp populated by dragonflies and their larvae...they started off eating ants, and if they still do today...well...you get the picture, that's a pretty scary insect monster.
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Dalek Maxx wrote:
You forgot roaches and pillbugs.

Hey can I add an idea I had for horseflies? I'm thinking solitary scavengers that spit acid at attackers.

Good idea. Scarier than what I thought of for flies.

As for Vipera, the only source of water even close to any of the cities is probably in vending machines. Very hot vending machines. Maybe in supermarkets and such.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Okay, then. At any rate, I dislike biting flies, I've been bitten on the neck before, and I've noticed that if you wear black, they always attack you.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Postededededed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Already some character interaction... that's good.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:40 pm

I'll post as soon as I finish this sheet. I can't post till then because my second character is going to be Edgar's traveling companion.
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Mkay
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Yeah, Op and I planned it via PM, not sure what happens, now, though, but I guess Mouse is about to meet Op's guy.

I was also wondering, I have an idea for Mouse to get some sort of animal companion, but not a big one that could be ridden as a mount or used as a pack animal, like a pill bug. I was thinking she could probably get either one or two things, but both would have relatively the same origin story. She could probably legitimately find in the wild either a very young coyote pup, or a young giant rat pup that by some miracle doesn't have rabies. In both cases, she would probably notice nearby a half-devoured carcass of the parents, and if there were any siblings, they would probably be dead, too. Any others alive would have left long ago, leaving the infant to die. The point is that in both cases the animal would be weaned off of milk, and therefore could survive on other foods, but was still dependent on the parent for food. Because she got her companion at a very young age, she could train it easily, and for the most part the animal would develop an attachment to her because she was the caregiver. I don't know if you want to approve it or not, but it's just an idea, since Mouse has more compassion for mammals and wouldn't mind companionship that didn't require words.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:50 pm

You will be meeting Jed shortly. I'll probably have Poncho lead her to Jed. If you do want to go through with that idea, Jed could take her hunting, using Poncho to distract or chase away a predator that's guarding it's kill, and you have her could stumble upon the babies of the rat that was killed. I dont know, it's an idea for you. But it'd be something.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:52 pm

WHen I do post I'll have Edgar and Miranda (character 2) come across everyone else.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:56 pm

True, but the issue being that most of the rats (95%) carry rabies, so he might not want to scavenge from a giant rat's carcass, because the disease would make it dangerous to touch. I dunno, maybe there's a dead beetle, too, that would make it possible, you could say the beetle killed a few rats, including the mother, and then the rats fled and something else killed the beetle and that's what Poncho chased away, because bug or not, it's still edible...meh...a story of predation...
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Well, Poncho's a big lizard, and Jed's gotta make sure he gets fed. One of the wonderful things about reptiles is that they cant carry rabies (at least not to my knowledge). So when/if Jed goes hunting, Poncho could sniff that out and wont have to worry about whatever it's carrying. The predator on the other hand, might become the hunted itself.

Hell if I know. I'm just shooting ideas.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Well, that might work, I didn't know reptiles were immune to rabies.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Insects and fish are also immune. It causes inflammation in the brain from what I've read. It's kinda like how your dog can get sick, but you cant catch what your dog has.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Kay, so it's more of a thing for mammals and birds.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Apparently birds dont either, which was kinda surprising considering they're warm blooded. I wouldnt be surprised if they carried a similar disease of a different name though.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Rabies can only be carried by mammals.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:32 pm

This is getting really fun, describing Poncho's train of thought. Here's an example:

Quote :
"The hilt of something, it looked like a smaller version of it's master's silver claws. Perhaps this girl had a smaller claw herself?"

If you cant tell, what he's looking at the hilt of a dagger.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:39 pm

Name: Miranda Ponder
Sex: female
* Bio: Miranda is the younger sister of Edgar’s girlfriend Rose. She was born in Rattown, the middle child of a family with three girl children. As her family was rich, she lived a life of luxury for most of her days. Shielded from the idea of what was above their subterranean city, Miranda never knew how cruel the surface could be. She thought all her life that the men and women who were selected to find supplies for the surface were all incredible comic book-style heroes; that is, until she and her sister were selected. Edgar took the place of Rose, and the last thing he did before all the Rattown scavengers went up is promise to Rose that he would protect Miranda from danger. Now the two travel together on the surface, scavenging for supplies and watching each other’s backs.

* Personality: The number-one word to describe Miranda is innocent. She’s got a touch of those childlike dreams of heroism still in her head, a dash of the prissy rich girl, a tablespoon of that motherlike caring nature, and three cups of fear. Miranda is constantly in a state of perpetual fear; she’s traveling around a godforsaken desert with a madman in a gas mask, constantly under attack by a variety of monstrous bugs. She’s nowhere close to being used to all of this fighting for survival, as she comes from the home of a rich family who never had to fight for anything. She hates seeing anything in pain, and has been known to put dying monsters out of their misery (or as Edgar calls it “wasting an arrow”). She is well-versed in medicine (her mother was a doctor), and is always trying to help other scavengers (or as Edgar calls it, “getting to close to a good-for-nothing asshole who wants to kill you and take your supplies”). Once or twice, she even tried to treat monsters who Edgar injured (she once re-attached a hornet’s stinger with gauze and it almost killed her). Needless to say, Miranda has the common sense of a fruit fly. She has no street smarts; the only thing keeping her alive is Edgar watching over her, making sure she doesn’t kill herself with her own stupid. Miranda is extremely religious (much to Edgar’s disapproval). She believes that the monsters haven’t killed her yet because God is protecting her (to which Edgar responds “Do I look like God to you?”).

Appearance: Miranda is a short skinny girl, about 5’6” and 120 lbs. She has the body type of a gymnast, with slender-yet-muscular limbs and a strong core; she looks incredibly agile. Her skin is slightly tanned thanks to UV lights in her house’s garden, another perk of being rich. Her hair is light brown and is normally tied back into a ponytail. Miranda has light blue eyes and cheeks that are slightly plump, adding to the innocent look. Her nose is small and rounded softly on the end. Her face is pockmarked with a few dots of acne which she freaks out about whenever someone mentions it. She wears a white tank top under a forest green zip-up fleece hooded jacket (she takes this off during the day) and a pair of ripped light blue skinny jeans (thanks to a rather grabby centipede). On her feet she wears a pair of grey-and-white free running shoes. Slung across Miranda’s back is a wooden bow as well as a quiver with a few arrows in it. In the pocket of her hoodie is a rosary.
Other: ew spiders. Miranda is an excellent shot; she is extremely accurate, which is odd since she’s never had any sort of formal weapons training. Edgar taught her how to use a bow and how to use throwing knives, which are her main weapons (she has four throwing knives in a pocket inside her hoodie). Miranda also carries a hunting knife with her for close combat, though she’s not very adept with it.

theme: (because I can)
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Name: Baron Blaze Serrallgin
Sex: He gets none of it.
Personality: A hard person to describe. Initially, Baron seems to be cold and intentionally distant. He never enjoyed being the center of attention. Which is why he's rarely seen striving for it. He prefers to work in the shadows,  where people don't see him. Suffice to say, he's a bit of a loner. Not the regular kind; he chooses to be alone most of the time. He's perfectly capable of working with people as well as maintaining a conversation. However, he's a bit lacking in his social skills. It rarely comes into play, though. Sometimes he says the wrong things, because of his ineptitude. There is something that people will easily pick about Baron; he always seems like he's hiding something. There are some subjects he's reluctant to talk about, and there are plenty of those. He also tends to distance himself from groups, and seems mysterious at all times. Baron can have a hard time working in groups, since he has a habit of doing things by himself. Such as he sometimes forgets to inform a group of key information, or goes off alone. In social situations, he can be warm and friendly until irritated. Baron can lash out quite hard when antagonized, and can easily overreact. But, he knows when he crosses the line - He only truly realizes this after the fact. As a result, he'll feel a bit of guilt and attempt to make amends. Mostly everyone he meets are treated equally until otherwise. Baron speaks with bravado, and can be quite grandiose when excited. On top of that; he's very sarcastic and fond of being an utter smartass. Which can piss people off fast.

Baron usually uses his head and and logical, when making decisions. Being tactical and making up clever plans when the time calls for it. However, he can unintentionally be the opposite, and never realize it. He tends to hold on to past grievances for some time. Which can severely cloud his judgement. Baron always likes to move forward and keep on the move. Stagnation tends to irritate him, as he's quite easy to bore. There was one thing that Baron loves doing and that is going on adventures. That may seem childish and whatnot, but it's the only thing that keeps Baron from going into a boredom induced insanity.

Appearance: A lanky fellow at best. He has a very thin build and lanky build, with a bit of a muscular build. Because he tends to climb a bit and runs around quite often. He's not exactly of average male-height. He stands at 5'6, the average height of girls. Which doesn't bother him in the slightest. Baron is very lightweight, weighing 117 pounds. He has long arms and legs, with long bony fingers. Baron is Caucasian, being Lithuanian. Baron's skin isn't too clear. He has plenty of scars on his body. From adventuring mishaps and etc. His knees are heavily scarred from falling over plenty of times. He also has plenty of scars on his arms and legs from such accidents. Baron has no scars on his face, however. Because his beauty cannot be tarnished! Other than that, his skin is a bit pale, and less than healthy. Baron inherits good-looks from his parents, like the rest of his blood-line. He's quite attractive. Baron has a wide round shaped head, and fairly squared facial features. He has a strong, sharp, jawline, and a medium-sized chin - Which is fairly square. His nose is medium-sized. With his nose bridge being short and and his nostrils being quite large. His nose tip is pointed a bit. Baron has small lips, which aren't very thick, usually he has them tucked into his mouth. His ears are medium-sized and are quite round. Baron's eyes are wide, small, and have a dark amber color. Baron's hair is jet-black. His hair is styled in a simple buzz-cut, with a bit of hair brushed over his forehead.

Other: Ew Spiders. Baron is quite skilled in a few departments. Mostly the kind of skills you'd need to not get mauled to death by monsters. For starters, he's very quick on his feet, and is quite agile for his age. Baron is surprising adept at Parkour. He can climb up stuff quite well. Fences and trees are what he's best at climbing. Apart of this, Baron has also picked up a bit of sneaking skills. Baron is also quite good with a gun, knowing how to aim on the move and how to hold a gun quite well. He also knows a few pistol tricks, like pistol twirling and juggling. Now he uses Revolvers, because of class. He carries around three Smith & Wesson Revolvers. Two Model 60 revolvers, and a 500 Revolver-Magnum. For melee encounters, Baron has a long-hard drill weapon. He goes around drilling the wasteland with these weapons.
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 11:41 pm

Both accepted. Nice backstories, but Allen, can you please clarify which city Baron is from?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Hmmm... Can you quickly give me a list of cities?
Back to top Go down
Tyrantlizardking
Life Giver
Tyrantlizardking

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Mr Allen J wrote:
Hmmm... Can you quickly give me a list of cities?

Well, there are three main cities. Some outskirt small, poor towns that have yet to be named, but here are the three:

Hope

Rattown

Utopia (The largest one)
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 11:44 pm

I chooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose

Hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC   Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exoskeleton - Arachnophobia at a whole new level! OOC
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next