Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)

Go down 
+10
Celo "The Moms"
DerpaGlerp
Derkal
Dragonbud
MisterTraveler
SaraSkyWolf
Absolutely not Prussian
Angelwolf99
Maxx
Sairei
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Accepted, Glict. :3
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:22 pm

@Angel: lol I thought he was you for a sec. Misread usernames.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:55 pm

So. I think we're waiting on MAxx and DB, and then we're clear to start.

Celo said she wouldn't get one till Monday, but I have a plan for that.
I have a plan for any other late characters too.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:07 pm

Question about the start of the RP. I don't think it was spedlcified why we're on the prison ship/if we're prisoners. Can you give me some details?

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:10 pm

Derails you say? OH YUS!!!

It’s called Urophagia—the art of consuming urine. There could be any number of reasons for having the desire to drink your own urine (or somebody else’s). There’s the so-called term “urine therapy,” which uses human urine as an alternative medicine. In urine therapy, or uropathy, it’s used therapeutically for various health, healing, and cosmetic purposes. There’s also those people who drink urine as sexual stimulation, where they want to share every part of each other. And then there’s the ones stranded, shipwrecked, in the desert, or the harsh wilderness without a supply of drinking water.

Just peeing and drinking it is the easiest and most common in survival mode, but as discussed above, not the safest (at all). Water purification tablets is another quick way to drink your urine, because they’re small and easy to carry, but they usually contain iodine which kills bacteria and not all of the specific waste products in your urine. Building a solar still is the best way to go, but more time consuming.

Step 1: The Materials
Hopefully, you’ll have some variation of the materials needed with you. If you’re just doing it for fun (not that drinking urine is fun per se), you should be able to get everything needed. If you have nothing, and a stranded in the middle of nowhere, chances are you could scrounge up some of these items (God bless litter).

A sheet of plastic (preferably a sheet 6 feet by 6 feet)
A container to catch the liquid
A rock (a small one to create a funnel-like effect in the plastic)
A shovel (optional)
A tube (optional—to drink without taking apart the still)

You can use just about anything for the container: a canteen cup, styrofoam cup, small bowl, tin can, cut water bottle... whatever you can find that can collect the water drippings. The plastic should be something without tears or small holes, and could be a thin tarp, thin drop cloth, poncho, garbage bag or even a grocery bag if that’s all you can find. As for the rock, it just needs to be the right size.

Step 2: Dig the Hole
If you have a shovel, this is the time to use it. If you don’t, your hands will suffice. You just need to dig a big enough hole in relation to the size of plastic and the container being used. A hole 4 feet wide and 3 feet deep is great for a 6 by 6 sheet of plastic, but if you have smaller materials, a 3 feet wide by 2 feet deep should work just as well, but if you get any smaller, you may not have much luck.

Look for soft soil or sand to dig in. A depression in the land is a great spot, or anywhere rainwater might collect (that way you have some backup sources— not just pee). A place where the sun hits is also needed, hence the “solar” in solar still.

Step 3: Urinate
Here’s the best part. If you aren’t really interested in drinking your own SPORE, you can always skip this step and hope to collect enough from rainwater or dampness of the land, but if you’re in a hurry, adding a little of your own touch will do the trick. Just pee in and around the hole.

Step 4: Place the Container
Simply place your container at the bottom of the hole, in the center. Make sure it is secure. If you want, prior to SPORE in the hole, you can dig another small hole inside that hole to keep your drippings container nice and snug.

If you’re using the tubing, run the tubing from the outside of the pit to the bottom of the container. This allows you to drink straight from the container, without having to disassemble the actual still. A good idea if you plan on being in one place for awhile.

Step 5: Blanket the Hole with Plastic
Now, stretch out your plastic to cover the entire hole. You’re going to need to evenly secure the edges of the plastic, to secure it in place and to keep any air from escaping. You can use the soil that you dug up to lay on the edges of the plastic. You can also you some rocks for extra weight. Make sure the plastic is not drooping down into the pit.

Step 6: Place the Center Rock
Find the best sized rock for centering on the spread out sheet of plastic. You may have to try a few out to find the perfect stone. Place it directly over the water container below. This keeps the plastic form moving about more than you want, and it pushes the plastic down into a cone shape. A 45 degree angle is best, and the rock works better if right above the container opening.

The cone will point right into the cup, and all the moisture will drip down along the sides of the plastic and right in.

Step 7: Double-Secure
Double check that the edges of your plastic our secured and airflow-free. Also, make sure the end of your tubing is covered, as to not let air flow in and out of the pit. Cover it with tape or whatever you have or can find, or just tie it shut if flexible enough.

Step 8: Wait
This is the time where you let the sun do its magic. This process will take anywhere from 2 hours until the sun goes down. Also, to help quicken the process, you could have laid some green foliage inside the walls of the pit, which contain added moisture.

The sun heats up the soil around the still, and in turn, creates moisture which saturates the undersides of the plastic. The condensed moisture then drips slowly down the angled sides of the plastic (thanks to the rock), down to the lowest tip and down into to the container.

Step 9: Enjoy — Drink Up
Once enough water accumulates in your water holder, you can simply drink straight from the tubing you installed, or you can take the solar still apart to get access to the container. The water is pretty safe to drink, since most of the toxins are left behind in the soil, leaving only pure water to evaporate and condense, dripping down into your cup.

Now, enjoy a nice cup of pee— er, water. Keep urinating around the hole to keep collecting fresh water.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/18/2014 20:45:30
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:17 am

Holy shiiiippphhhhwwwhhat. What. I can see now that typos are horrible things.

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:28 am

Anyways, I need to get started on my first sheet. If any artists out there would be willing to help me with my character (GM only drew one of them) that'd be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:33 am

DARKY NO. D:
Alright, details. Yeah. Now I'm super distracted by this monster post about pee though.

I was gonna include this in the first post on the IC, but I guess I can put it here for some clarification.

Basically the Kyreniens are the jerks of the galaxy. They like to keep everyone under them, meaning slavery usually. Those they don't enslave they either extinct by wiping them off the face of the planet and then taking them planet for themselves, or they level their civilization so they are no longer a threat.

There's a reason that there aren't any other empire floating around in the galaxy. The Kyreniens decimated anything space faring.

Now, your characters are going to appear on a Kyrenien prison ship- one that was probably headed for some prestigious world where they would be trained as a servant to some high-ranking official, or face death. They were taken (from their homeworld, which is most likely destroyed or severely depleted) several years ago, because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or it was too inconvenient to just up and kill them.

Now that the Kyrenien Empire has fallen (THE INVADERS HAVE FALLEN!) these transport ships are under fire from fellow Kyreniens trying to take control of what remains of the empire. The crew of the prison ship most likely abandoned it, leaving its occupants to die in favor of saving their own skins.

They (your characters/the prisoners/slaves-to-be) will have been in stasis for a long time, but as emergency power fails, the distress beacon activates and they are released from their stasis pods.
I will say that everyone has been awake for the better part of the week by the time Kydi and Thray arrive on-scene.

I didn't want to mention all of this just yet, because your characters aren't supposed to know it all. Ah well. I trust you guys.

Any further questions?
I should probably post this somewhere else too.

Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:38 am

Thanks for clarifying, Sar. I just wanted to know so that I could type out my first post properly.

But then, there isn't even an IC yet. I just like to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:42 am

I'm waiting on Maxx.

*stares at Maxx awkwardly*

And DB if she shows up today.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:44 am

I'm working on one sheet now. I can do some things on the other but GM has the picture so that's holding me up.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:44 am

I don't stare. I prefer to breathe on them.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99
Shadecaster
Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:59 am

You can get the sheet up and then add a picture later. I've yet to draw Somnus.

I did make a sketch earlier today though...
Back to top Go down
http://sylvanria.deviantart.com/
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:01 am

I need to update Thray's picture. I don't like the one I have of him on dA.
...And I would draw Kydi but something about him makes him really hard to draw. I have no idea what it is, so I'll use an older picture of him when I get around to putting up my own character sheets for your convenience. XD
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:09 am

Once I post the sheet, could someone here draw my character Feffon for me?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:13 am

I'd appreciate it if someone could draw Senn to. My scanner isn't working well right now.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:30 am

You might convince me. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:33 am

Sairei wrote:
You might convince me. Maybe.

For a cookie?

Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 White-chocolate-macadamia-nut-cookies-main
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:39 am

XD Well you'd have to start by giving me a pretty accurate description, and maybe a rough sketch.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:43 am

Ok. Hopefully my appearance section will suffice. I think it's pretty thorough. I'm almost done his sheet. Then I'll do everything I can for Engineer's until GM can find his picture for me.
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:37 am

Engineer?
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:43 am

"GIVE EM H*LL BOYS!"
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 3:09 am

Nah Soldier says that.
Engineer says

"I'm gonna blow that dumb look right off your stupid face!"
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 3:18 am

Man I'm almost tempted to make a satyr like character, since we have pretty much free rein. Hehehe
Back to top Go down
Sairei
Fate
Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 3:19 am

I'd prefer if we stayed away from anything part-human.

Aliens man.
XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)   Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Endurance: The Next Chapter (OOC)
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next