Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]

Go down 
+3
Maxx
JunkMail
EropsToad
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:41 pm

Don't worry, I know my antecedents.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:53 pm

I don't mean to pick at you, Erops, but I should probably mention something, too. I've lived somewhere in the southern area, and what bugs me is how Knox keeps saying 'Yes'm'. African-American children don't actually speak like that, although there's the occasional 'ain't' just like any southerner, and if the grammar is really poor, 'weren't', although most parents get onto their kids with that one. When I saw the way Knox was speaking, my mind kind of jumped to the conclusion you were someone from up north making a character based off of a stereotype. You might be better off having him speaking with more proper terms, with only a few times he says 'ain't', and perhaps saying he speaks with a thick southern accent or drawl.

Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk or pick, but the portrayal of Knox feels a bit unrealistic because of his speech.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:34 am

He was mumbling. It wasn't supposed to come off as a racist comment or a stereotype or anything. I guess I should write a little bit better if I'm not achieving my purpose.

Last edited by EropsToad on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:47 am

So, yeah. I make sprites. Sometimes.
Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_n78kt5nFtA1qf9s41
Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_n78ktbUVZR1qf9s41
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:50 am

Lieo wrote:
So, yeah. I make sprites. Sometimes.
Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_n78kt5nFtA1qf9s41
Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_n78ktbUVZR1qf9s41

Nice!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:50 am

No, I'm not accusing you of racism. If he was just mumbling, then that kind of makes sense, I just sometimes get confused by wording.

Anyway, those are cool, Lieo. Spriting is a pretty interesting thing, but I've never really seemed to have much of a knack for it.

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:54 am

Species: Scraggy
Nickname: Strauss
Moveset: Feint Attack, Low Kick, Leer, Sand-Attack
Ability: Moxie
Held Item: Shed Shell

Knox's second Pokémon. 'Cause Scrafty is great WHAT ARE THESE FAIRIES YOU SPEAK OF?.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:56 am

Oh my god, I had to almost completely restructure Lt. Surge's pants to get it right for Reyna. Even then, I had to redesign the camouflage. Biggest pain in the ass ever. That isn't even mentioning redesigning Blue's torso so that it fits a female model.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:00 am

Lieo, didn't you say that you would try to make something for Shaun?
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:08 am

Yeah, that's right. I'll work on it tomorrow. I'll check his sheet later.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:53 am

Okay. I changed the height and weight a bit in the original sheet.

Erops, would you mind correcting Shaun's height to 5'7" and his weight to 115 lbs?
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 3:13 am

Done, and done.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:35 am

Alright cool.

Sheet 2.

Name: Grant Rozanski

Appearance: Grant is a boy of average height and weight, being 5’9” and weighing something like 145 lbs. One wouldn’t describe him as “muscled”, but he is fit, evidence of his rather active lifestyle. He is of mixed race, having a caucasian father and a black mother. Because of this, his skin is very tanned, and looks as if he sat in the sun for far too long. He has large hands with callused palms and nails that probably could use a manicure. His hair is a dark brown, and is combed back against his head in that professional style that people who mean business always use. His face normally has some stubble running across his jawline and chin, making him look slightly rough. His eyes are a light hazel color and are almond-shaped. He has bushy eyebrows set in such a way that they make his eyes seem to stick out on his face. His nose is small with nostrils that flare when he’s angry. He has a bit of an acne problem, with a few small blemishes hidden in his stubble and a few clinging to the sides of his nose. Grant always seems to be confident and relaxed, rarely exhibiting any sign of stress. Grant dresses rather ruggedly, normally wearing a pair of dark-colored jeans, a tee shirt, a pair of running shoes, and a faded leather jacket. His trademark piece of clothing is a brown Indiana Jones-style fedora that he always wears on his head. He almost never removes it. In addition to this getup, Grant wears a brown leather satchel which contains his supplies (his bag, basically).

Bio: Since Grant was a little boy, he loved Indiana Jones. He was inspired by his sense of adventure and daring nature, and has strived to be as cool for most of his life. He grew up in Oreburgh City, the son of an archaeologist (just like the aforementioned Dr.Jones) who worked with a paleontology team at the museum to resurrect fossils. Grant’s childhood home was a one-level ranch house on the east edge of Oreburgh, near the mines. The house had a white picket fence around it, and behind the fence romped a variety of dinosaur pokemon. Where some had a household Furfrou or Lillipup, Grant’s family had a pet Cranidos and a Kabuto that crawled around the pond. As Grant grew up, his father’s collected expanded to hold a Shieldon and a Tyrunt. Grant loved these Pokemon, and always wanted to go on adventures with them. When he was nine, Grant took his father’s Cranidos out for an “adventure” in the Oreburgh coal mines. While down there, a mine explosion went off. Had it not been for Cranidos using headbutt to break an enormous rock and for the floor caving in, Grant would have been crushed. Instead, he fell into an ancient cavern. His father soon came to the rescue, and Grant was reprimanded, but not as much as he would have been otherwise had he not fallen into the ruins of an ancient temple of some sort. Grant returned home triumphantly, seeing himself as an official adventurer. His adventure, however, soon took a turn for the worst. His father worked at the temple every day, studying artifacts and unearthing ancient treasures. Grant loved this, but his mother, not so much. The two began fighting, and when Grant turned 14, his parents got a divorce. It was a nasty settlement, fraught with fighting, but in the end Grant’s mother got the kids. Grant was fifteen by this time, and he was absolutely heartbroken that he had to leave his father and Oreburgh. He moved with his mother to Ironwood Town in the Norue region, and has lived there ever since.
Before leaving, Grant was given a package by his father. He was told not to open it until he got to the new home. In the package were three things, a pokeball, a Baltoy, and an ancient-looking stone plate. The Baltoy jumped out and hugged Grant as soon as he opened the box. Upon reading a letter given to the Baltoy, Grant discovered that it was found in the ruins of the temple he had fallen into all those years ago. The plate was more of a mystery. It was a pinkish color, and was covered in dust and dirt. These words were written on the plate: "When the universe was created, its shards became this Plate. The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate. Two beings of time and space set free from the Original One. Three beings were born to bind time and space. Two make matter and three make spirit, shaping the world. The Original One breathed alone before the universe came. The powers of Plates are shared among Pokémon.The rightful bearer of a Plate draws from the Plate it holds.” The letter with the Baltoy told Grant that this plate was very powerful, and that it was his father’s greatest discovery. He had to take very good care of it. Every night, before he goes to bed, Grant hides that tablet in his satchel and sleeps with it at his side. No one is allowed to touch it except his Baltoy.

Other: POTIONS. I met a traveller from an antique land Who said: “Two vast and trunkless legs of stone Stand in the desert . . . Near them, on the sand, Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown, And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command, Tell that its sculptor well those passions read Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things, The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed: And on the pedestal these words appear: ‘My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains. Round the decay Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

Pokémon

Species: Baltoy
Nickname: Ozymandias (often shortened to Ozzy)
Moveset: rapid spin / confusion / harden
Ability: levitate
Held Item: mind plate
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 5:11 am

Pokemon

Species: Honedge
Nickname: Excalibur
Moveset: Shadow Sneak, Tackle, Swords Dance
Ability: No Guard
Held Item: N/A at the moment.

Damian's second poke.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 5:50 am

mah gawd

INDIANA JONES

Have you guys seen this?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:34 am

I was originally going to catch a Carbink, but that can wait. I want to catch an Aron first.

Species: Aron (Female)
Nickname: Forbia
Moveset: Tackle, Harden, Mud-Slap
Ability: Rock Head
Held Item: Float Stone
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:12 am

You guys are sure catching Pokes really quickly...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:21 am

Mine probably won't come along until later, Maxx, that's just the sheet for it whenever my character finds it. Chances are, though, that everyone is going to catch their second Pokemon early-on in the story so nobody's left lagging behind. If you want me to, I can switch to the Magikarp I plan on having Paige catch instead, since it'll take the entire story for her to train it before it actually evolves.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:38 pm

There's an in-story legend that when a Magikarp swims to the top of a waterfall, it evolves. Just so you know. So you could probably coach the incompetent fish into doing so (albeit struggling along the way). Extra points for believing in a legend no one else does.

Also, who is up for interacting with either one of my characters?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Maxx wrote:
You guys are sure catching Pokes really quickly...

At least mine was different! Damian didnt catch it, the Tyrunt and Pawniard did!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 3:51 pm

There's not much chance of a Magikarp swimming up a waterfall unless it was already about to evolve. They're considered to be so weak they can't fight a current, so they're usually down-stream, the best they can do until they learn a move like Tackle is just use Splash and flop around. It would be comical if my character found a waterfall and her Pokemon was strong enough to actually do it, though, and evolved at the top, but overall, it would just be cute if she caught it, trained it, and believed in it while everyone else taunted her about picking something weak, before it evolves and scares everyone half to death.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:32 pm

That's the point. If it's strong enough to swim up a waterfall, it's strong enough to evolve.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 6:01 pm

You people make me want to give up some times.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:58 pm

I thought you were just joking...
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Lieo wrote:
There's an in-story legend that when a Magikarp swims to the top of a waterfall, it evolves. Just so you know. So you could probably coach the incompetent fish into doing so (albeit struggling along the way). Extra points for believing in a legend no one else does.

Also, who is up for interacting with either one of my characters?

I WOULD

BUT YOU KNOW,

PLOT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next