Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]

Go down 
+3
Maxx
JunkMail
EropsToad
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 3:42 am

...Reyna...?
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 3:44 am

TheⓍperator wrote:

*snip*

EDIT: It annoys me way more than it should that there's NEVER BEEN A DARK TYPE GYM. EVER.

I know, right? I'm making a fangame in which the 4th Leader is a Dark-type ragtime pianist.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Eh, I'm sure if they make another region, they might finally notice the number of appeals and make a dark gym.

The problem is, they're doing more re-makes, it would be kind of crazy if I said it didn't look like they were running out of ideas for new Pokemon designs. They're good at making Mega-evolutions, though.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Name: Reyna Baker
Appearance: The worst mistake you could ever make about Miss Baker is that she would fit the modern expectation or stereotype of “ladylike”. While she is still perfectly capable of working her “feminine wiles” to entice a man (might it have to do with 34Ds?), it is not a side of her practiced often – or even occasionally. On top of that, she hardly even looks the part. Reyna is athletic, and it shows in her body.  Tone arms, abs, legs... not that she'd be the type to show you. While she isn't super tall, she stands at a decent height of 5'4”, which isn't too meager, and she weighs in at 140 lbs. While she  might be heavier than some girls her age, it isn't contributed to by any extra body fat; though what little there may be of it just adds a minimal amount of padding over her toned muscles. She has a sturdy frame, and some curves where it counts, but by no means should anybody see her feminine features and exclude the possibility of her punching you out. She's got a lot of strength and isn't one to hesitate if you begin to fuck with her.

If a man or woman made a mistake in misjudging her, it was likely due in large part to her face. Little nose, thin eyebrows, and very faint hard-to-tell-they're-there freckles, she has the typical cutesy feminine face that all late teenagers get. Her soft facial features are, fortunately for her, often tarnished by an eternal scowl. Which isn't to say she isn't capable of feeling the buzz of happiness or excitement, in some cases going absolutely giddy over some discovery she may have found, emboldening her green eyes and stretching her smile to form a tooth green that shows well taken care of teeth. Another off-color trait of hers is her red-orange hair (a natural redhead), which is fashioned into a faux hawk, and is well groomed. There is little oil in it and is basically a light bundle of fluffy hair, which she combs her fingers through when she is tired or stressed. Oh, and a great complexion. She is pretty well aware of her health and hygiene.

Most of her clothes look like they come from the boys' section. She wears a red unisex ringspun tank top, which goes down to her hips, where it meets her baggy camouflage pants (providing immense comfort and rustic charm), which is fastened by a black fabric belt to her hips. These pants seem rather faded from use, but is still strong and can withstand many more months of use. The ends of the pant legs are either lazily tucked in or lazily sleeved over (or often times just caught in, but always lazily) her black combat boots that crawl up over her ankles and up mid-shin. They are, of course, steel toed and she often times just kicks random structures (like brick buildings, big rocks, trees) just for the fun of it, and because she can. Naturally, not feeling the impact of such a kick is pretty neat. The shoe laces on her boots are always tied tight so that the boots are firm and comfy on her feet. Over her tank top is a black leather jacket. The bottom half of the torso appears to have been torn and goes down to just her waist, although the sleeves and rest of the jacket are fine. The apparent damage seems to be more for the style of it than some horrific scissor accident.

She has very little accessories. She does, however, have two piercings on her left outer brow (left brow, left side – further from the nose). On her right shoulder blade is a simple tattoo of a compass, which she got without her mother's knowledge (she still does not know to this day). It's somewhat special for her. It has part to do with her love of adventure and part to do with, despite its simplicity, loving the design. She has a typical black backpack. Good for hiking and carrying necessities and whatnot. It has quite a bit of preserved berries in it though; courtesy of the Hoenn region's abundant amount of exotic fruits.

Biography: She is a Hoenn city gal – born and raised in the tropic region, though specifically in Mauville where the tropics aren't so much tropic, but a bustling city just down the road from a not-so-bustling city that happens to be very fresh and cool, the latter which happens to be under the shade of the volcano half the day. But Mauville is a nice enough place, and has all the hustle and bustle to keep a girl like Reyna interested. It was also a result of this kind of life why she hasn't quite started traveling with Pokemon yet, caught up in the modern way of life for quite a while. She was always the type to find some way to get into trouble, even in circumstances where there shouldn't even be any possibility of screwing up so badly or any possibility of creating trouble (ask about the bounce house incident, she'll start giggling at the memory of it). But the mischief she created in her youth aside, she was always an adventurous spirit and loved to explore, and always found fascination in all the simple parts of life, such as caves, bones and teeth, natural architecture (another way of saying ant hives), and basically all the things no set of parents would expect their daughter to become interested in.

But when I say parents, I mean mother. Her “no good layabout father”, in her words, is usually never home and is often on business trips. Sometimes going even weeks without calling home, which very much upsets Reyna's mother – the parent who Reyna is much closer to, and the one whose side she immediately takes regardless of the argument. Her mother also never wanted to stop her from exploring herself and who she was, and never one to encourage her to fit the contemporary model of femininity. Though this may be the cause of her mother being a non-argumentative woman and is very compliant and docile. A very good reason to defend her mother against people like her father in arguments and whatnot. Reyna, always going around in the city, was very active and tough, and much more assertive than her mother. So she tried to help play the “man of the house” in her father's absence. Which was actually a bit of work, having to scare off all the door to door salesmen and annoying neighbors. And the kids that decided to egg houses and found her house learned very soon that her house was off limits.

Her school life was a little tough. Reyna had to worry about a lot of things, so homework wasn't her  main priority, but she isn't stupid though. The lack of commitment and long term projects had cut into her grade, and left her in the tier between all of the “smart students” and the students with all the Fs and just didn't care. She also wasn't like other girls, so that of course prompted some snide remarks once in a while. She found herself in detention very often, usually with a bruise on her knuckles. She got a habit of keeping a small bag with her, so that when she got in a fight with people and landed a good solid punch that popped a tooth out of their mouth, she'd snag it without them seeing and clean it shortly thereafter. Go ahead and rattle the pouch – it sounds like a maraca. She is quite proud of it.

When her father came home one day, he got a rather mixed reception. Reyna's mother was relieved, and clearly quite happy, but Reyna herself was a lot colder. Simply giving him a disapproving glance and returning to her room. Disconcerting to her father, of course, but he brought home a gift for her from his business trip to the Unova region. She was given the present the next morning once she had calmed down – it was a Pokemon! Specifically a Deino. She was actually gobsmacked the moment she saw it, and actually got excited and giddy and apologized to her father in that heat of the moment. Of course, she learned it couldn't see a little later, which was a little less impressive, but she loved it nonetheless and named him Xylem. She didn't hesitate to start training with Xylem, and while she did not know much about Pokemon battling, a lot of her own nature was found in her battling style that made it pretty hard to implement a strategy in the first place... she is relentless.

Then her father gave her the funds for supplies and a ticket to the Norue region. The perfect place to toughen the body and spirit of both humankind and Pokemon alike. Then he disappeared again, saying something about stock exchange in the Orre region. Whatever.

Other: POISONS

Pokémon

Species: Deino
Nickname: Xylem
Moveset: Tackle, Dragon Rage, Focus Energy, Bite
Ability: Hustle
Held Item: Chople Berry
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 4:02 pm

Deino, huh? Nice; you can get that powerful Hydreigon. (KEEP THAT THING AWAY FROM FERREL)

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Break out the trumpets, we've started.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 4:49 pm

So I see that there's a map now. Are there any other features on said map? Like forests? Caves? Mountains?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Huzzah!
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Maxx wrote:
So I see that there's a map now. Are there any other features on said map? Like forests? Caves? Mountains?

I'll be working on the map over time.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 5:49 pm

Are we allowed to take control of the Professor in our post or would you rather do that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Well, sure.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Is that a yes to us controlling the Professor while we get our dexes or a yes to saying that you'd rather control him?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Also, can you describe the climates of a few of the southern cities? I mean, I doubt everything is snowy.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Right. Crystalshore Town is probably the most temperate in the region; it's not full-blown tropical (especially not way up north like that), but it is sunny and pleasantly warm. Opal City is about the same way, but a little cooler than Crystalshore. Ironwood Town is surrounded by forest, and so maintains a colder temperature than other southern towns. Perla is more inland; the temperature there ranges from the 40's to the 70's. Gemglobe is humid and warm due to the fronts blowing in from the shore.

Through the entire region, however, seasonal daylight varies because of the region's geographical proximity to the north pole.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Pleasantly warm is still too warm for what my character is wearing...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Thus why your character shouldn't dress like a Snorunt, Vipes.

I'm working on a second character. Once I finish him, I will post.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:26 pm

Dressing like that is one of her tics. I mentioned in her sheet that she seems to be immune to blistering heat (If there's ever a desert or a volcano, she'll be at an advantage), but on the negative side, she's got this huge problem with the cold, and typically feels cold in otherwise pleasant temperatures.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:49 pm

My goodness, those Knox posts sure are rather archaic. It's a good thing you aren't racist, right Erops?
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:53 pm

"Negro" is actually only politically incorrect because it's an old term. There actually are Blacks who still officially identify as Negro because that's the term they're accustomed to. Meanwhile, the "N-word" was used as an insult in the old South to label Blacks as underneath white people, so it's become a taboo term (although, used between Blacks it can sometimes be used as a fraternal tease).
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:06 pm

It is politically correct everywhere else to not be calling anyone a negro, and there certainly isn't any reason to constantly refer to Knox as "the Black boy" as if that is his only identity. There's even less reason to capitalize the B in black.

I am just saying this for your own sake.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:14 pm

I just didn't know that that term was taboo as well. I would never try to be openly racist, and look down upon people who do.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:16 pm

"Never try to be openly racist."

You're right, closet racism is much better.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Har, har, har.

But seriously, I'm sorry if I offended anybody.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:20 pm

It's cool, m8. Lieo's just being a douche.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:40 pm

The second time, perhaps yes. But still. Be careful who you call me a douche around. Calling out racism and calling me a douche afterward might reassure another nearby person's racist beliefs.

That isn't me calling Erops racist, this is just a general rule of thumb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next