Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]

Go down 
+3
Maxx
JunkMail
EropsToad
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Alright, then.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Will we all be starting in the same area? And also are we all sorta friends or are we all strangers.

I also just noticed the huge age gap between my character and everyone else's. Fun times ahead for me.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 3:13 pm

Well, try to keep your starting position close to the south of the region. As for the latter question, that depends on the person you talk to.

3-5 years isn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 3:16 pm

I think I'd like it if my character was just a complete stranger who randomly bumped into people, because I love making awkward introductions.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 4:31 pm

That Guy Mode: Activated.

Damian is going to have a lot fun with Paige.

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 SANIMAo
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 4:46 pm

I imagine so, that's the personality listed, but whatever, my character is supposed to be really oblivious. You'd have to outright say something mean in order for her to recognize an insult.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 6:43 pm

I have one sheet down, another is coming up.

Name: Sean O'Neil
Appearance: We're dealing with a thin, small little boy. He doesn't have much in the ways of musculature, toning, or even a strong frame, and which leaves him with a lack of the typical boyish appearance, although not to the degree of androgyny – the structure and features of his face still conveys what little masculinity he may have.  He stands at 4'5”, presenting himself as a rather short boy even amongst the peers of his own age group, which, in conjunction with height that makes up his slightly demeanor comes his weight (at no more than 79 lbs.), strongly explains why he may appear the way he does. As mentioned, he has a thin frame – he has little muscle that can be put to good use, so he  isn't very strong. Most of the meat on his bones is still the soft flesh that is so often associated with prepubescence, as is his smooth, soft skin – not yet fallen victim to plague of acne that comes with adolescence.

His frame and nigh untouched complexion, however, isn't the only contributor to his apparent dainty figure. His soft features doesn't do much to help him persuade others of his masculinity. A soft little button nose, thin eyebrows and high cheekbones and slender nose bridge makes him look more as if he were ten years old than nearly thirteen, and placed upon a circular face, it practically frames these features. But he looks nearly out of the world as he does young and emasculate. Albinism, an inherited trait from his father, leaves his skin  paler than the moon, and bright blue-gray eyes that shine like stars, and thick hair white as snow. While he was fortunate enough, like his father, that he did not suffer any of the physical detriments or deformities that sometimes comes with albinism, Sean still very much considers this trait a burden due to the tedious amount of gawking looks he receives from other people (made even worse by how blushing sticks out like a sore thumb on his face).

Sean's attire seems to match well with the cold environment of the Norue region, and while it doesn't contrast with Sean's albinism, it matches well enough that it is still a highlighted feature – unfortunate, due to bright blues being his favorite color. Firstly, a long sleeved off-white shirt hugs his torso, a crew neck, but embroidered in such a way below the neck that it initially appears to be a v-neck. Periodically, when it is warm, he would push  his sleeves up to his elbows. However, this isn't often seen due to the thick sky blue hoodie he wears over it. A zipper down the middle, and lined with white wool at the bottom, in the hood and the inside of the jacket itself, ensuring a warm track through Norue. Upon his legs is a simple pair of denim jeans – a good reliable material – and isn't held up by any belts or whatnot, but still hugs firmly around his waist, so it can be safely suspected that there is elastic within the waist of the pants that allows him to adjust his size. He dons a simple pair of old white hiking shoes, that has faded and picked up enough dirt to look more gray than white.

The boy isn't very concerned about things such as jewelry or impractical accessories. Carried with him is a single strap backpack that would contain most of his supplies and what not, including but not limited to an extra set of clothes, thermal underwear, water, preserved foods and so on. There is a small bundle of polyester rope and clothing pins (though that was most likely his father's idea).

Biography: He was always small and looked as though he were sickly. With the natural paleness that comes with albinism, and the shy and insecure disposition that being tormented by his peers brings to the table, the latter in turn brought him to remain indoors where it was always calm and safe, thus severely cutting short his physical activity.  He was interested in books though, as simple as they may be, and coloring, as crude as his drawings were. Most of these pursuits were not out of some hunger for intelligence or pursuit of an artist career, but for the desire for fun and entertainment, as he could not achieve that with other children his age outside. He interacted with his father a lot, so he isn't utterly inept at communicating with others. His father was nice and clever, so Sean  was never really bored talking to him. He was also a great orator, or speaker, and knew how to interact with others very well. So a few pointers from him goes a long way for Sean. Unfortunately, he barely knew his mother, who moved away when he was three.

When he was younger, at age eight, he developed a fear of Pokemon when nearly mauled by a Beartic and when some of the locals came to help out by sicking their own large and intimidating Pokemon to either frighten it away or distract it. Despite being safe, it was still a very traumatic experience for someone as young as Sean to face a little over four years ago. And since the world is undeniably surrounded by Pokemon and how they play a part in almost every single day of our lives, his father was rightfully concerned and see what he could to help out with Sean's phobia. Most of his attempts to expose him to Pokemon either had him cry or nearly break down from anxiety attacks. Fortunately, there was at least some semblance of improvement over the course of the next two year.

That was when Sean's father decided to take the rehabilitation to the next step: he got a pet for the family. It was a Slakoth, slow and lazy and docile and doesn't do much to harm or scare anyone (unless you consider slowly eating food and enjoying back scratches terrifying, in which case, good luck). This of course made Sean initially nervous, and prompting him to avoid the sloth Pokemon comparable to a throw-down rug. But over the course of the next two years – up to today – he has gotten to enjoy being around it and sometimes even sitting down watching television with it, and being around Pokemon in general made him nothing more than nervous. Finally, Sean's father decided it was long overdue for his first and coached him through the steps of obtaining his first. After finding a Solosis, his dad taught him how to use a Pokeball effectively, and after a brief, awkward struggle, Sean caught it. Stressful, of course, but he now at least had the pride of catching his first Pokemon.

Now taking his first few steps, his dad urged him to pursue a journey –  and even giving him the Slakoth to take with him. He also urged him to travel with friends of course, because he was still young. And he has a Pokenav, so he should know where the cities are and the opportunity to call papa should the situation ever call for it. Unfortunately, he doesn't have very many friends, so it was suggested to him to travel to the next city and find some people to meet there before he goes further.  He cares deeply for Solosis, being his very first, as well as his Slakoth, due to all the time he has spent with it. Slakoth wasn't much of a fighter though, and prefers to piggy-back on Sean like a lazy lump. This was fine. Solosis as well as the rest of its evolutionary line were known for their powerful psychic abilities.

Other: FULL RESTORE

Pokémon

Species: Solosis
Nickname: Meepers
Moveset: Psywave, Reflect, Rollout
Ability: Magic Guard
Held Item:

Species: Slakoth
Nickname: Congress
Moveset: Scratch, Yawn, Pursuit
Ability: Truant
Held Item: Sitrus Berry
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 6:55 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 7:04 pm

It's funny, because whenever I think of a Slakoth, I imagine it riding on a person's back.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 9:17 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
I imagine so, that's the personality listed, but whatever, my character is supposed to be really oblivious. You'd have to outright say something mean in order for her to recognize an insult.

Welcome to Paige's own personal hell. Because blatantly being that way is Damian's specialty.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:21 pm

As long as he doesn't insult her desired career path, I don't mind. Just don't make fun of Material Science Engineers, because that's my master degree.

Anyway, the comical part is, even though she's largely going to try and avoid getting into Pokemon battles, the team Paige is going to build will largely end up consisting of powerhouse species that are popular in Pokemon battling. The main reason is she wants to study Pokemon that possess abilities or produce materials that surpass human manufacturing, and for the most part, these Pokemon are steel or rock-types that are heavily armored in order to survive fights. That, or the Pokemon themselves generally possess a somewhat violent nature (since Gyarados will likely evolve from Magikarp in her team, because its scales are defined as being harder than steel), and would enjoy fighting. As a result, Paige is going to have this team that doesn't seem to match her at all, even though the Pokemon might actually really like her, mostly because she caught them at a stage when they were docile and easier to train.

The way I have it worked out, I think it would be funny if in the far distant future, after a lot of her Pokemon have gotten exceedingly strong, Paige gets picked on (Or should I say outright bullied?) by some trainer who thinks she's weak and provokes her enough to get a battle, but then he finds out how strong her team is and gets completely blown away.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:40 pm

"Don't make your deliberately asshole fictional character be an asshole about certain things because it will hurt my own personal feelings."

Girl, girl, not every character is a representation of every author.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:00 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
As long as he doesn't insult her desired career path, I don't mind. Just don't make fun of Material Science Engineers, because that's my master degree.

The way I have it worked out, I think it would be funny if in the far distant future, after a lot of her Pokemon have gotten exceedingly strong, Paige gets picked on (Or should I say outright bullied?) by some trainer who thinks she's weak and provokes her enough to get a battle, but then he finds out how strong her team is and gets completely blown away.

I know what to pick on now...

And you have fun with that. There are a few types of trainers. Those who are novice, those who talk big and get their rears handed to them (and therefor dont deserve to be talking so big and are just assholes), and then there are the trainers who are silent and really tear up a storm.

And then, even worse, there's those who talk big but are really good, and therefor deserve to talk big (even if they're still assholes). If you want, we can have a battle on showdown. Steve, Jess, DB, and I are all having fun. You should join in. Anyone's welcome.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 am

That is very true, Lieo, although it's probably a ridiculous thing to worry about, anyway. People are probably going to make more fun of the fact that she's dressed extremely warm even if it makes little sense, or of the fact that she's kind of unusual.

At any rate, chances are my character will probably just wander around until something happens, or she runs into a person who doesn't mind her tagging along.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Newborn
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:19 am

Species: Honedge
Nickname: Terry
Moveset: Tackle, Swords Dance, Fury Cutter
Ability: No Guard
Held Item:

First Pokémon I plan to catch.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:29 am

The first Pokemon my character is going to catch is probably going to be a Carbink. If Paige travels with anything that can be considered cute, it's going to be a Carbink.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:56 am

EropsToad wrote:
Species: Honedge
Nickname: Terry
Moveset: Tackle, Swords Dance, Fury Cutter
Ability: No Guard
Held Item:

First Pokémon I plan to catch.

Bro, you think well. I plan to have a Aegislash on Damian's team myself.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 1:11 am

Honedge's final form is tough, the only reason I was able to win the Pokemon League in the games was because I battled the Elite Four member with Aegislash in his party first, while my Pokemon were still fresh and capable of using moves without fear of recoil damage. It didn't get any easier until I discovered there was a farm where I could grow tons of Leppa berries, which combined with HP medicines kind of made it like I was starting with fresh Pokemon for every person I challenged...

...I didn't actually challenge a second time until I had about two-hundred of those berries in my bag...
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 1:17 am

150 base defenses baby. That thing can seriously tank things left and right. Then hit literally has hard as possible with attacks. I like to run Aegislashes with 0 IV's and no EV's in speed, so that way I change to attack form AFTER the other person attacks. I also run a Special Aegislash, because it's just... better. Burns dont cripple them anymore. Then if it manages to live, shadow sneak.

Plus, Kings Shield tho.

Seriously, half-ing the opposint poke's attack stat if it uses a physical attack is huge.

I also give it an air balloon. Temporary immunity to ground type attacks. Smile

Oh, and I'm sure you're happy to hear this Vipes, I only have ONE Dragon type poke in my final team.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 1:45 am

Alright, then. I actually didn't put any dragons in my own team, but some of them are capable of learning dragon-type moves. The main oddball Pokemon I'm going to have in Paige's team is going to be a fire-type, because my character is going to be cold all the time, and finally just say that maybe having a companion around that can start fires wouldn't hurt. It would come in handy traveling in colder regions, and if she runs into trouble where steel-types like Dante are at a disadvantage, she'll get something to cover the weakness...

Also, I noticed, the majority of my Pokemon seem to be Heavy Sweepers, all except for one. Is that bad? I'm not exactly doing a double-battle team, but someone once pointed that out like it was a bad thing...
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 1:53 am

Depends on the type of sweeper. If they're glass cannons (huge attack but relatively low defenses, prime example: Absol) then yes. It can be very, very bad.

What pokes do you plan on having?

EDIT: It annoys me way more than it should that there's NEVER BEEN A DARK TYPE GYM. EVER.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 2:10 am

By the time the team is fully-evolved, it's going to be Metagross, Skarmory, Aggron, Carbink, Gyarados, and Ninetales. As far as I can tell, all but Ninetales are classified as Heavy Sweepers, but for the most part, every single one of them has extremely high defense and can probably take several good hits.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 2:13 am

Come to the chatbox if you get the chance, Vipes.

When's the RP gonna start?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 3:23 am

Erops said whenever Lieo gets his second character in.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 3:29 am

LIEO.

HURRY UP. REYNA, CHOP CHOP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]   Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon: Blizzard [OOC]
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next